Reviews of Hampton Inn Rochester North 3 stars

500 Center Place Drive, Rochester, NY 14615, USA

#11 of 37 hotels in Rochester

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I paid more for a hotel with an indoor pool.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I paid more for a hotel with an indoor pool. We could not use it because of a kid's party which took over the entire pool/jacuzzi area. It was a HUGE disappointment. That, plus the fact that my car was hit and there was no surveillance camera made for a lousy weekend.

The breakfast was great.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The bed was not that comfortable. I like the room cold, the ac did not have enough power to make the room cold enough.

The breakfast was great. Staff made sure the food was replenished, great selection clean. Staff was friendly. We extended our stay, an additional day.

Stay elsewhere!!
    • Standard King Room

ALL The rooms smelled like every smoker who stayed in the hotel were out in these rooms

Nothing but after a long day of sight seeing, finding another place with 4 available rooms would have been difficult

His is he second time I’ve stayed here and my kids love the pool and the hot tub.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I didn’t like the fact that theirs no hot chocolate Where the coffee is. I asked the front desk for it and she told me no then some other lady gave me hot chocolate. I think he hot chocolate should be out just like the tea is out ,

I love that they had turkey Sausage for breakfast and not pork because I don’t eat pork.

The bed was wonderful - woke up with a happier back than in...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

The bed was wonderful - woke up with a happier back than in ages. Nice pool, hot tub worked. Hotel was very busy but staff were super charming and efficient.

Romper room
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The hotel was like the romper room...it was filled with unruly kids, parents who are afraid to discipline their children, and front desk staff that is too timid to ask parents not to let their children lay in the middle of the lobby floor and scream like banshees.

That I didn't have to sleep under a park bench.

We had people smoking marijuana all night near us.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We had people smoking marijuana all night near us. It was horrible!!! When checking out the young lady asked how our stay was so we told her and without hesitation she comped our room!! Staff was wonderful.

Wonderful time!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

Hampton Inn Greece is our favorite place to stay when we are in Rochester. The location is perfect, the accommodations are clean and comfortable, and the best thing is the friendliness and service from the staff! All are outstanding!

Room could have bee bigger for the money we paid for a family of 5.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The room was smaller than we though. Broken toilet handle and loose towel handle.

The pool was great..beds were comphy .breakfast was great. Location was good.

A nice place to stay in, that puts you in a central location for the Greece area.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The intersection getting back on to the Ridge road can be tricky during rush hour.

Location was quiet and safe., in a nice residential area. Inn was clean and updated, cleaning staff did a great job on keeping the room up and the overall inn in general. Front desk personnel were friendly and helpful.

It was a pleasant stay, thank you
    • Standard King Room

People using pool dripping all over hallway. But then again in today’s world that does not surprise me. Also irresponsible pet owners not picking up after their pets which in turn will affect responsible pet owners in the future.

The location, coffee at all times of day,great staff

Wasn't very impressed
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Tv didn't work. When i said something to hotel staff they said ok. They didn't seem to care. I like to wake up and watch the news. Wasn't very impressed with this establishment. Most likely will not stay here again.

Easy to fimd

Everything was great.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Everything was great. The staff was very friendly and effiecient and helpful. The hotel was clean and the kids loved the pool. Breakfast was good. I liked the ice water in the lobby in addition to the coffee. It was a good location for what we were doing.

The staff was excellent.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

The staff was excellent. They were always upbeat, pleasent and helpful. I asked to make changes to the credit card I used and they didn't hesitate; just helped me quickly and efficiently. The hotel was very nice and the breakfasts were good. Great having the ice cold water available in the lobby in addition to the coffee. The kids loved the pool too. All and all, it was a great place to stay for my visit.

Great value for the money.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only issue I had was the ironing board was broken, but this was no big deal.

Great value for the money. Good choice of multiple restaurants within walking distance.

Excellent, comfortable , you are well taken care of here.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Cookies ran out at night

Bed was comfy , very clean, breakfast excellent, great location - close to everything, closer to airport than some hotels that are listed as airport hotels

Great stay would visit again if needed
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Adult time at night for hot tub

Great stay. Enjoyed the breakfast The pool had a lot of kids so we couldn’t enjoy the hot tub even though it was after 10 room was comfortable and clean

Started irritated bc of bank, the hotel was a good place.
    • Standard King Room

The hotel held an extra $40, which I didn't put in the bank so I had to leave and put more money in the bank which took so long going down ridge road to get there for the second time.

I love the breakfast.

Great stay!
    • Standard King Room

The Room was very clean and the bedding smelled so nice! This was the first time my 2 year old stayed at a hotel and he loved the room! It was spacious and the bed was big enough for all 3 of us!

Nice location, clean rooms.

The hotel allows pets. One patron was obnoxious and was allowing his dog to run everywhere. The staff member tried to be professional to get him to leash the dog however the patron was rude and did not comply for about 10/15 minutes. Dog was in food area. Staff was very discouraged and agitated. Personally... I would have told the patron he was not allowed to stay due to breaking policy. Staff may need education on how to deal with aggressive patrons. I would also recommend a dress code policy for leaving the pool area. Lots of patrons walking around in bathing suits, bikinis and no shoes. Safety risk for falls

The staff was very kind and helpful. Rooms were clean, bathtub was slippery to step into. Breakfast area not always stocked, however this could be from the amount of people that were there at the time.

My family's stay was very good.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

The sliding door in the rrom for the bathroom keep getting stuck close. And the bathroom in the pool area was not kept up on like the rest of the hotel

The hotel was nice, pool area was nice. Staff was great, food was pretty goodd

Very clean and accommodating
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wifi.it seemed to drain my phone. But not your problem.

How accommodating they were for us. Bottom floor, near pool,a bed brought in for my 3 year old grandson.

Got charged they said for smoking neither of us smoke.
    • Standard King Room

Got charged they said for smoking neither of us smoke. And the kids on our floor ran around all night playing hockey in room next to us. Banging on walls

Consistently hign standards, bargain pricing for how you are taken care of
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Wish there was more parking in front of building but overall there was enough using the side and back lots

Rooms & lobby always neat and clean. Very "homey" & welcoming, staff always friendly. Enjoy the 24/7 coffee and Tea service in Lobby and warm cookies upon arrival. Complimentary breakfast always good

There was a leak in the pipe under the sink.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

There was a leak in the pipe under the sink. It was Sat night and so maintenance wasn't going to come in. I was given another room, with out question. That next room ended up being next to some noisy kids. But in all it was good.

Kemari at the front desk was super nice!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

Kemari at the front desk was super nice! I left my case of Essential oils and she is having it shipped to me.. it saved me a 4 hour round trip so I am happy to pay the shipping cost. Hopefully, I will receive them this week in the mail! Friendly staff!

Very good for the $$ ... if I get the $20 wi-fi surcharge back.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

1) Not enough lighting in the room. 2) Do not Disturb tag did not fit, and fell to the floor. 3) Need a medium blanket ... the sheet and heavy comforter was not flexible enough. 3) Heating unit was very loud 4) A very stupid "Wi_fi surcharge"/'Hold'/Until verified that Wi-Fi was not Used. It was not indicated on Booking's page. 5) The shower head was broken 6) The counter clerc was never there, and there was no bell to call her/him. $99 advertised price skyrocketed to $132 charge.

Breakfast was good. Room was clean. Dining area was nice. The facility was quiet. Good selection of cable channels.

9 out 10 probably will not stay at that location again
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Room where double beds were at had bugs. Bathroom tub was chipped very noticeable black mark. When my room was cleaned on Sunday October 29th the styromform they used to keep the door propped was still in the door. I had two pending transaction for payment for the same room.

Other guests were racist by saying inappropriate comments to my kid's and their friends! The guy threatened me with bodily harm, and the hotel made us leave and let the other people stay!

Nothing!!

Stay was worth it for us. And very updated and clean.
    • Standard King Room

There was a bridal party there and the brought friends over that filled the parking lot leaving no where for us to park. Otherwise good place. Also we asked for new blanket but we never got it.

Breakfast was a bit crowded. But it was good.

Over all the room was clean except the vent in the bathroom...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Over all the room was clean except the vent in the bathroom it had build up of dust on it. I was also charged more then Booking.com said the total would be.

If not for the dirty hot tub I would rate this property much better every thing else was great.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Pool towels were smaller then bath towels. Hot tub water was very dirty and actually smelled bad. Very disappointed since the reason we booked this hotel was because it had a pool and hot tub.

Staff was great Room was clean bkft was very good

The room was actually very nice and extremely clean.
    • King Suite

The room was actually very nice and extremely clean. However I booked this room specifically because it was listed as having a spa tub in the room when it actually did it. The clerk at the desk was very gracious and gave me a reduced rate which I very much appreciated. I was however super disappointed in the lack of tub.

Mediocre.
    • Standard King Room

The bed was no where near the comfort of other Hamptons- and that's why we choose a Hampton. There was a big wad of hair on the TOP of the bed cover near the pillows, the bathtub had pieces of hair all over it, the refrigerator whined all night.. AND we specifically asked for a quiet room and although we love kids, wanted to be no where near small kids this night. We were assured we were not. Upon entering our room, there was a baby softly crying across the hall. We were so tired from our drive and the wedding we just attended, that we accepted the situation and fell asleep. I did let the front desk know the next morning, but since we booked through booking.com they said there was nothing they could do to help us. Nice.

Not too much.

We will definitely stay here again next 4th of July.
    • Standard King Room

The breakfast was a little weak. Don't expect much of a choice. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express across the highway the last two years and they have an excellent breakfast but no pool. So it was a trade off.

The pool and helpful staff.

I enjoyed my stay until 11 pm when roudy trashy people were...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Clearly the standard of trash that comes to the hotel I may have well stayed at a motel in the hood. A trashy party couple was put next to mine. In and out of the room with door slamming over n over. I don't need to Hear things that should be private. Yet till after 2 in the am you heard it all. I'll never stay there again! It wasn't a full booked hotel so the moron staff that put a party couple next to a mom with kids was stupid!!!

I enjoyed my stay until 11 pm when roudy trashy people were put in the room next to me.

Hotel OK, but a few niggles.
    • Standard King Room

Poor internet connection in our room. Shaving mirror would be useful. Staff did not control young teens antics in fitness rooms in the evening. Youngsters will be youngsters, but close to rooms after 10:00pm was not considerate. Breakfast area needed constant cleaning with so many people using it, but no sign of any cleaning and tables covered in crumbs and other debris. If the breakfast is served until 10:00 then all food should be available until 10:00, not 9:00!

Staff were pleasant apart from lady in charge of breakfasting. Room good size. Good parking.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

Pleasant with a few hiccups.
    • Standard King Room

Fire alarm woke us up on Sunday morning (smoke was detected in the laundry room but the alarm was rung by the fire department after they responded to a call from the hotel staff. Water was cut off mid-shower with no warning (to fix a leak). Water returned 30 minutes later - glad we didn't have to dash for the airport. Staff apologized and refunded a night on the bill.

Nice modernized decor. Very clean rooms. Comfortable bed and pillows. Quiet.

Hotel was very good, everyone friendly and helpful.
    • Standard King Room

Actually only big thing I didn't like was the fact that I couldn't cancel thid reservation even though I wasnt even booked for 24hrs. It said I could cancel and I booked because originally was suppose to go there. Found out literally 12hrs later I was suppose to go someplace else for work. Couldn't cancel even though site said I could. Had to take a day off from work and go out to this place so that I didnt just get charged for the room and not use it because I wasnt aloud to cancel. Will not be using booking.com again.

Hotel was very good, everyone friendly and helpful. Good size rooms.

Awesome. We had a great time. We recommend it.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only trouble we had was finding the place. Once we did everything was great.

Breakfast was great, the bed very comfortable, staff friendly and are like the pool etc. We did get lost an one of your staff stayed on the phone with us till we found the hotel.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Bring your dog and enjoy your stay just beware of the elevators.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Our room was right next to the elevator and you could hear it through the wall all night. Be sure to ask where your room is located before booking.

The indoor pool was nice. It was pet friendly. The breakfast buffet was well done.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The waffles and toppings were great!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing that bothered me was that the bathroom door was sliding barn style with no lock and opaque glass in middle. My 16 month old loves to play in toilet so there was no way to keep him out of the bathroom, and no way to stop bathroom noises from traveling into the room, but we were all family so that part didn't bother us but may bother others.

The waffles and toppings were great! Cookies freshly baked in afternoon so yummy but they go fast. Coffee tea and hot cocoa available 24/7. Staff super duper friendly. Bed comfy. Room spacious fit a pack n play comfortably in room that had two beds in. Fridge and micro in room.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

A great place to stay!
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Inn Rochester North. The rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. The pool was warm and perfect for our three young children. The breakfast was nice with more options than cereal and bagels. They had eggs, sausage, biscuits, real oatmeal (not instant packets) and waffles along with the standard pastries and cereals. Overall it was affordable and a very nice place to stay. We will definitely stay here again when visiting the area.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

Nice family hotel, overall Happy
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Small parking lot, the lady who checked me in was not very friendly but the manager was, my sheets had stains on it. The WiFi does not connect to gaming systems which was a little bit of a let down.

I loved that there was a pool and jacuzzi for my family. The breakfast was nice and warm. AC worked well.

You have to stay here
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Not a thing. I travel at least two time a year. by far the best experience for the $.

We were on a family visit to my sons new school RIT. Although the school was 15 minutes away, this was well worth the travel. The beds were excellent. My wife usually is not a fan of free breakfasts. First time in 23 years of marriage, she loved the breakfast and the eggs. Even the coffee was outstanding. The staff was fantastic. I observed them taking care of every request that came their way from visitors.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Great stay.

The front office staff were super nice. The hot tub and pool were great. The dining area was awesome...several comfy couches and plenty of room for families.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Pleasant stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Don't expect much of the breakfast, still nice to have it offeref

Casual athmosphere. Real dog friendly policy with no additional charge. Pleasant location if you don't need being downtown. Good food and shopping nearby.

Dogs barking all night doll feces in the hallway dogs...
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Dogs barking all night doll feces in the hallway dogs downstairs in the eating area people fixing food after picking up the dogs this was the worst hotel I've ever stayed in in my life never again

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Good value, clean and comfy!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Too far off main turnpike and need for additional kosher certified foods at breakfast.

Beds super comfy and room really clean. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nice stay in Rochester
    • Standard King Room

There was kids running up and down the hallway at night and banging on the doors

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable i also liked name brand soaps and shampoo the staff was friendly and easy to deal with

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

Wedding Stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I loved how peaceful and quiet it was. We loved our stay. Breakfast was wonderful and very popular. Lol. Setup and dining area handled people very well. Loved hot tub and pool. Very nice stay! Thank you Hampton Inn

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Love the Hampton Inn....
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

I think Chelsea could have been a little more pleasant on the greeting day, during check out she was better.

I loved that it was centrally located near the highway, food, shopping, etc. yet hidden away from the traffic.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Very Happy We Stayed Here
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The only thing I wished for was a channel guide for the tv.

The bed and pillows were perfect. Breakfast was very good especially the real oatmeal with sliced almonds, cranberries and cinnamon sugar toppings. The room was very clean and modern. Always happy with Hampton Inn.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

A pricey but comfortable overnight stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The hall floors were not kept as clean as our room. The quality of the included breakfast was just OK. The price for one night was too high.

Our room was very clean, comfortable, and quiet. The staff at the front desk was friendly and cheerful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Simply Perfect
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Like I stated the staff was excellent. The food fresh. Room clean. Believe me all sanitary conditions were met. This was my first stay with you guys and I will be back.

The breakfast nice hot and fresh.The room had great heat good lighting. Enjoyed the hot tub too. Fluffy pillow and comfortable beds. I enjoyed a wonderful sleep which I needed since I drove for 6 Hrs to attend a wake that evening.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

A Good Stop on a Long Road Trip
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Would prefer a lighter weight comforter on the bed.

We like the consistent cleanliness of Hampton Inns. We appreciated the opportunity to walk to dinner.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

The stay was pleasant, and I slept well.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

The only issue I had was the sofa rollout bed had food crumbs and other small trash on it, and the linen was not clean. Customer service rep was notified and housekeeping sweep up the trash,delivered clean linen and I had to apply the clean linen myself.

I liked the attentive & caring customer service I received upon my arrival. I had a small problem with the cleanliness of my room, and I received a free night stay to compensate for the uncleaned room.

Hot tub
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Card readers didn’t work very well

Hot tub

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

good hotel convenient location

good hotel convenient location

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

The stay here was decent.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

You should put some blankets between the sheets and the top of the beds in order to make them more comfortable.

Nice.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

very clean, location close to airport (10 minutes), fitness center and very polite team

Definitely would stay here again

All was good

Clean and pleasant experience

The sliding door to the bathroom did not afford privacy -no...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The sliding door to the bathroom did not afford privacy -no lock and would slip open

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Great place to stay
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Staff was amazing, rooms were clean and breakfast was wonderful

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Excellent staff and the whole facility was extremely nice...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Excellent staff and the whole facility was extremely nice and clean

The room was nice
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

I was told we could pay in cash and upon check out we couldn't.

The room was nice

Perfect stay when you are on the way to Niagara Falls.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Perfect stay when you are on the way to Niagara Falls.

Very beautiful hotel very comfortable and clean people are...
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Very beautiful hotel very comfortable and clean people are very polite 🙂

location is great!

A little pricey...

location is great! Near everything! Bed was amazing, my family and I couldn’t get out of it.

Overall great experience.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed

Nice facility. Amazing staff. They were very accommodating. Made us feel very welcome from the start.

Nice stay at Hampton Inn
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

The pool was small and we walked into a soaking wet small room a little overcrowded.

The property was nice. Our room was nice.

Great value, nice hotel and a very helpful staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Hearing Accessible

Great value, nice hotel and a very helpful staff. We forgot a jacket in a closet and they didn't had problem to deliver it.

Great place to stay away from home
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Great customer service Clean room and bed was clean Clean bathroom We were very satisfied We could not have asked for anything better.

Great location and good nights sleep.
    • Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds

Breakfast was over all very good. The bed and pillows very comfortable.

The bed was extra comfy
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

There was still trash under the table

The bed was extra comfy