Reviews of Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Downtown 3 stars

425 South 300 West, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA

#7 of 69 hotels in Salt Lake City

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Nice, spacious room with comfortable bed. There was a well stocked 24 hour coffee/tea station in the lobby, which also included a waffle making station!

• King Room with Sofa Bed

It was near the freeway. Breakfast was good. There was many choices and always being refilled to look and taste its best. We were very happy with the stay

We had three people in one room for two nights and there was only one chair. Minor point, but two chairs would have been nice.

Very good breakfast. Rooms were very clean and beds very comfortable.

The coverlets on the beds were extremely heavy. I appreciate being comfortable without having a lot of weight on me while I sleep.

The bed was soft and comfortable. The hot breakfasts were terrific especially the omlettes. The hotel is conveniently located in the downtown area and in decent weather wallking to other places of interest is quite feasible.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Mattress was hard. Chair and couch were stiff and uncomfortable. One night while parking on the side of the hotel we pulled up to someone being arrested and guns were drawn.

Friendly staff. Breakfast was good.

Breakfast was late. (Saturday morning). Staff was very friendly and apologetic about it but we were on a schedule so it was a bit frustrating. When it was served, it was delicious. When our group was 1st checking in, we were told we were being too loud on our floor, but we had only been there about 10 minutes.

Very friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean, comfortable and spacious. Our Junior & High school band group had a blast in the pool. The staff helped us find the free monorail ride to City Creek Mall--which was a 1st for us. We would stay here again.

We were not told the WiFi password upon check in and we had to call the front desk to get it.

Breakfast was Excellent and our room was satisfactory! Comfortable beds and friendly staff!

The staff was helpful to get us extra pillows and a blanket. My sister has to have gluten free food and there was enough to pick for her to enjoy breakfast.

I thought the price for this particular hotel was a little steep, but I do understand that we were there on a weekend and in high season. For me, the elevators were a little creepy and slow and needed some updating. The doors wouldn't close on the first one we got on (lucky it wasn't the other way around, i.e. that they wouldn't open). Made noises that made one uncomfortable.

Good location to downtown, less than a mile away if you want to walk to theaters etc. Very friendly helpful staff. Our room had a good view toward the city and the mountains. The room was large enough. Beds comfortable. I liked the room's space savers--barn door for bathroom, "closet" at the end of the room behind curtain, etc.

The pool was freezing! It would be great if they heated the pool a little. The breakfast offerings weren't great either. They advertise hot breakfast but the hot food options are very limited and not very good and the bagels were stale. The fruit and muffins were good though.

The bed was really comfortable. The location was great and close to a lot of great locations. The wifi worked really well. Overall it was a really enjoyable stay!

No closet in room. Whole room shook like an earthquake when they did the hotel laundry. Really weird. We are from CA thinking is was an earthquake we called the front desk to see what was happening. It didn’t last long. Also no exhaust fan in bathroom.

Basic hotel. Nothing fancy. Fine breakfast. Helpful and friendly staff.

Breakfast is good, food supply is sufficient and we do not need to wait in lines for the food. Room is sufficiently spacious and has basic facilities which meets expectation.

I think the only complaint I have is just a minor one. I wish that their selection of tea had included more herbal selections. All the teas were black or green.

This was a wonderful experience. The parking was close to the door. Our room was easy to get to. All of the amenities where fantastic. The food was wonderful and plentiful. And the beds where soft and comfortable.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Not pet friendly for starters. If you want to stay at the top or at least top 5 reduce your price and become pet friendly !!!

The room overall was a typical hotel room, it was nothing grand, the purpose of our stay was to attend Dr. Visit with oldest daughter.we had left Las Vegas earlier that day with my companion dog who was unable to stay in our room because you are not pet friendly,

I guess I expected it to be a little nicer area of downtown, Wendy's, the pawn shop. and the liqueur store was a bit scary for me being by myself in the evening hours. I was stopped by several people for money within a few blocks. They had security guard at Wendy's that walked me next door.

Wonder nice gentleman at the front desk (young man, blond hair) he was welcoming and very helpful! It was a scary area of town...don't walk after night fall...

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

We had a noise complaint on us at 9 o’clock while all we were doing was talking on the phone with the tv turned on with only two people in the room. Was aweful that we were on vacation and felt as if we had a curfew like scolded teenagers. We were at the end of the hall to where we would only have one neighbor. They said it would get loud for a few seconds than stop.. could of been handled so much better.

The room and hotel was clean, loved the pillows, couldn’t hear outside traffic

The frozen western omlettes that were served for breakfast, WERE GREAT!!!! Wow, everything was good, with the exception of what's outside the doors, your homeless population has gotten out of hand, I wanted to walk to a nice restaurant, and really did not feel comfortable as I had to stare down 5 homeless people, to avoid a problem. Other than that all was good.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

The location is in an unsafe area so it was mandatory to hire transportation even though some destinations were in walking distance.e

Friendly and helpful.

Bathroom doors “slid” closed and there was no way to lock it.

Very clean. Nice rooms. Breakfast was delicious with lots of room. Staff was very friendly!

All of it.

Everything was amazing. No complaints. Exceeded my expectations. I've been staying at a different hotel the past 2 months I've been traveling here for medical reasons and this is beyond the best one.

Unfriendly, brusque young lady at check-in. Thank goodness we were dealing with a young man who was very friendly, but he checked with her on a couple of questions I had, and that was my impresssion of her responses. I was glad to be dealing mainly with him.

Comfortable overall. Great breakfast included.

Heating did not work at all. They tried to repair it twice after our arrival. We got a refunded for our stay.

Breakfast ok, good location. Clean room and nice bathroom.

Bathroom needed better cleaning and floor tile and toilet too cold...it needs electric heater or heat lamp in there

Smelled good, had hot chocolate, nice staff, comfy beds, quiet

the Jacuzzi was a little nasty but everything else was great!

we loved the continental breakfast and the 24 hour Jacuzzi! The staff was super friendly!

No restaurant on site so therefore you can't order room service only take out. However really great takeout options

The staff were extremely friendly, the young lady working at reception on the evening we arrived organised a microwave to be sent to our room and whole milk so we could heat up milk for the kids. Lots of parking space available for free.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Breakfast was reallly good and rooms were really nice. Staff was friendly and helpful. And it’s only 2 streets down from the nightlife so can walk to all the bars. Definitely going to stay here again when I come Back

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

There were a lot of homeless people in the area and especially in the park close by and though they didn't bother us, it made us a bit uncomfortable walking late in the evening.

Our room was very clean, spacious with a sitting area and a little writing movable table, which I liked a lot. There were plenty of outlets to charge our devices, even on the nightstands, which was very convenient (very clever idea). The bathroom was spacious as well and we appreciated an automatic nightlight. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet, one of the best during this trip. There were plenty of choices, cold and hot, including fresh fruit, regular yogurt, and even Greek yogurt. The variety of hot items changed daily which made it very nice during 3 night stay. The staff accommodated our request for 2 rooms next to each other on the higher floor. We liked the 24 hour hot beverage station with cups and lids to go. The hotel also provided snack bags to go, which is very nice.

• Studio King Suite

Variety in the breakfast choices, coffee available all day, restaurants within walking distance, farmers market on Sat across the street. Easy access on and off of the freeway. The pool is great if you have kids that need to burn off some energy.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The rudeness of the breakfast staff. We pay enough money to stay in these hotels not to be told what we can and can’t wear I didn’t see a formal sign for breakfast posted

It was a nice relaxing stay after a long trip

• King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I booked a room on booking.com that stated it had a Jacuzzi tub. When I got to the hotel I found out they didn't have rooms with Jacuzzi tubs. I wouldn't have booked this room, knowing that. This was an anniversary stay.

Size of the room was good. Newly updated.

Great hotel, close to downtown. Very friendly staff on both visits, good facilities, bedrooms comfy. Breakfast had a good choice, shame its all on disposable plates/cutlery, felt this was very wasteful.

The area is surrounded by other nice hotels, but attracts vagrants and beggars. We saw two in the parking lot as we pulled in. Not the hotel's fault-a problem in that area.

The hotel is new, clean and looks beautiful. Lots of smart storage areas in room and bathroom is spacious as well. Staff is very friendly and complimentary cookies and coffee/teas are much appreciated

There is nothing that we did not like. We would highly recommend this hotel.

Staff greeted us with a smile and were extremely helpful. Our room was spacious with a spotless bathroom and a comfortable bed. Breakfast was good and the location was great for reaching main sights of the city.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

I do wish the pool was more child friendly, my daughter was unable to go in on her own as the pool starts at 3 feet.

I really enjoyed my stay and so did my 3 year old!

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

We were not able to sleep in because the there are no good window coverage, other hotels are dark even during the day, this one at 6AM is already clear and also A LOT of noice through the window, our room was close to the window, today it was the first day that I sleep well and that's because I'm home finally.

The room was VERY clean

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

The homeless population is unreal around this place, constantly walking through the parking lot and property. They store their belongings on the edge of the parking lot in the bushes. There is a huge park across the street, I left early in the morning and the park looked like a tent city. The city actually put port o potties on the sidewalk for them to use.

Highway is easily accessible

The location is near a park where all the homeless people congregate since it's next to a homeless shelter. Not the hotel's fault, but it made walking to restaurants in the area a little scary since panhandlers were always around begging.

Everyone we talked to was very friendly and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Drunks/dopers (not sure which) half block from hotel hanging out by state liquor store harassing walkers by.

Very nice experience overall. This is an excellent property.

The location was not the greatest, it was about half a mile from the center of town and it was in the grittier area of town.

Breakfast was good, typical for Hampton Inn. The hotel was clean.

Location is a little rough, lots of homeless people around outside. The elevators stay on the bottom floor so they seemed slow.

The pool and fitness center are 24 hours! The bed and pillows were the best we've ever had.

Slow lift! Although close to downtown, the 10 minute walk to a restaurant in the evening was unpleasant and felt threatened. Got Uber back! Restaurant- Red Rock- was excellent value and choice!

Spacious clean room. Helpful reception.

The room seemed rather outdated. Didn't have an actual closet, just an area with a curtain across it. The immediate area around the facility was commercial and by the highway. It is described as downtown but seemed more on the outskirts. It was overpriced for what it was.

They offered a nice breakfast. Staff was pleasant.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Maybe a bit noisy as it is close to the road

Convenient location, spacious room, clean linen, big bathroom with plenty of fresh towels, comfortable beds, self serviced laundry.... everything!

Nothing was perfect '

I loved this hotel . We're retired and traveling spent the night in lot hotels. I'm very picky... I wish all hotels are like this one !'

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed

I have had considerable experience in the hospitality industry. These facilities were extremely well designed for comfort and safety. I have stayed in four and five star accommodations that weren't as good as this facility

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Everything was great. Would stay here again.

Very comfortable. Great location. Lots of breakfast options. Complimentary take-away lunch pack. Close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Every detail on this hotel was perfect! Each staff member was helpful and friendly, and the whole facility was clean. They had thought of so many little details that made the experience better - cookies on check in, great product line of soaps, full breakfast station, great coffee, and a little to-go lunch!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

The hotel is downtown and there are a lot of homeless near the hotel. I walked everyday to the convention center and I was not afraid to walk.

The hotel was impeccably clean and the rooms were great. It was worth the money. Breakfast was great with great choices. It was close enough to the Salt Palace Convention center. The people at the desk were very helpful.

The breakfast was disappointing but the serving staff was very friendly and helpful

My stay was nice. The room was comfortable but the bed was a little hard for me. I have stayed here several times and will again.

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

I really enjoyed the breakfast! I mean when your away from home bfast always brings you a bit closer to that:) Front desk was very helpful and managed to keep even my little one happy throughout our stay there!!!

Our room was right next to the elevators and we heard them going all night! It was also impossible to sleep when we could hear another rooms conversation through our bathroom vent until 4 in the morning!

Friendly people, but not great service when you needed something. Did not like the area, not safe around the hotel due to homeless.

Friendly people, clean rooms and facility.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2017

Hotel was jammed with cheerleaders, pool was jammed all hours, breakfast wasn't accessible because of how many people there were. I've never stayed at a Hampton that had 4 guests per room, it was crazy and too expensive for how unavailable amenities were.

Front desk staff were great, kind, and helpful.

Very noisy at night. Very large homeless population in the area that was on the property every time I went outside the building. I never made it to my car without being approached and aggressively hassled. Probably would not have minded as much if I didn't have my kids. Hotel could do a better job protecting their guests.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Although it was an efficient use of space, having the closet in the main part of the room and covered with a curtain took away from the room's appearance. The city needs to do something about what appears to be a gathering of homeless in the park across the street. Although the neighborhood was safe it gives the appearance of not being so. I was able to walk to and from local eateries and the convention center without incident.

Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were offered throughout the day. The breakfast was varied for different tastes. There was a nice gym facility. The front desk and cleaning staff were helpful in providing information about the hotel and services in the area. The hotel was clean and well maintained. I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

That someone was smoking marijuana on the floor we stayed on.

Over all our whole stay was awesome and very comfortable with the great breakfast and staff was very kind.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Hallway (4th Floor) from the elevator to our room --433-- needed a good vacuuming. Floor elevators need a serious scrubbing.

Room Cleanliness when we arrived and thereafter. Location, close to downtown -- Malls, restaurants, and other business. Enjoyed your delicious breakfast.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

There were a lot of homeless people in the area! I know they need a place to stay warm. One came into the breakfast area to eat breakfast. It's unfortunate that so many are in the same area. I feel bad even mentioning it. Some were concerning asking for money.

Staff excellently! Beds comfy! Clean hotel! Breakfast wonderful!

• Reviewed: 15 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Nothing, for the price it was super!

The room was a great size, as was the bathroom. It had a very modern, up-dated look and was very clean. The bed was really comfortable, the staff friendly, and a decent breakfast.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Every thing was exceptional. We will not only stay here again but will recommend this to our family and friends.... Thanks for a great job, well done!

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

There is a large homeless encampment a few blocks away by the railroad station, but we never felt unsafe anywhere in Salt Lake City. Just FYI.

Big surprise -- I expected average but the room was so new that even the grout had no mildew! There was virtually nothing we didn't like about the room -- fridge, wonderful super-modern bathroom, great showerhead, good towels, Neutrogena toiletries, big pillows. Great Saturday farmer's market is kitty-corner. Easy access to I-15 and airport. Decent breakfast. We were here near Halloween and staff had a "pick the pumpkin" contest, I assume their children decorated pumpkins, which was a nice touch. They've paid attention to details here. Even the room numbers have an historic photo.

The girl at front desk is not friendly. Besides giving me 2 room keys, she doesn't tell me any other information such as breakfast until I ask. And she says she hates booking.com. This should not be a Hampton inn level service and makes me not to stay in Hampton inn again after back to Los Angeles. The wifi connection method is not consistent to other Hampton inn makes it complicated that I have to call front desk to get the code.

Breakfast is good.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Noisy air conditioning unit at rear of property.

Friendly helpful reception staff. Clean comfortable spacious room. Nice pool/pool area. Good choice at breakfast.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

A certain female evening staff was never engaging and was often on her iPhone. Seemed more interested in her iPhone than engaging with customers. When we pulled up to check in she was at the front on her phone sitting on the curb.

Good was great and clean rooms. The breakfast staff very friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

The pool and hot tub (spa) were smaller than I thought they would be.

The breakfast had a lot of variety. The bed was comfy but my husband thought it could have been a bit more firm. It was really close to the freeway and you couldn't really hear cars or anything even though it was next to the street. 24 hour pool & hot tub!!!

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The block for doTERRA was gone, and we were stuck with higher prices due to the convention. I get it, it's a business thing. But it was hard to swallow, and we did not get complimentary free WIFI. I tried several time to log on, but it kept wanting to charge me, so it was frustrating, esp. When my hot spot on my phone didn't work that well. But it was a small price to pay ... We could have been stuck in the hotel where it's quite possible someone died in our room it was THAT filthy!! :)

We came in for doTERRA convention and unfamiliar with the area booked at the Roadway Inn! It was TERRIBLE! We hardly slept the first night and spent 2 hrs trying to find an alternative hotel w/o paying an arm and a leg that was open. (30,000+ came in for event!) We found Hampton and were relieved, especially considering we were already dealing with lost luggage! But what we got was SOOOO much more! Sharon at the front desk, (along with EVERY OTHER SINGLE PERSON WE DEALT WITH) was spectacular! Super nice! Place was clean, and modern, and super comfy. I left my 3 and 5 yr old girls to attend this even, and the cookies and smiles every day helped me deal with missing them. It was like home away from home! Thank you Sooo much!

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Could have a drop more storage space (I.e.,drawers) but room was very comfy

Staff was super friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great. Location excellent.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Breakfast was bland and of low quality Near homeless shelter so we had a bum pan handling in parking lot. Since we had young grand babies with us it was very uncomfortable

Clean. Well maintained. Near great restaurants. Though parking can be a challenge.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Not the best part of town, unfortunately.

Breakfast was great—lots to choose from, and all good. The room was so clean, and obviously recently updated. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub as well, freshly cleaned and orderly.

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

We had noisy neighbors the first night and the second night we had a neighbor who was smoking and the staff tried very hard but could not get her to stop smoking indoors.

The room was clean and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Very friendly and most helpful staff. The staff answered many questions we had concerning location of various sites and directions to different highways.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

The bed was pretty uncomfortable. The lady who check us in was nice, but accidentally activated our keys for 24 hours instead of the full 3 day 2 night stay so we were locked out of our room. She was nice when we went back to get new keys though.

Our room and bathroom were especially clean. The room was beautifully decorated and modern. The free breakfast was very good, especially the pancakes. They offer free hot chocolate, tea, or coffee at all times. Housekeeping was great and did a fantastic job cleaning our room and bathroom on our second day. Our room was pretty quiet, hardly any complaints about noise even though we weren't on the top floor. The pool and hot tub are finally open 24 hours a day. Great location in downtown SLC: close to Temple Square, City Creek Mall, beautiful parks, and great restaurants.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Beautiful hotel!! Rooms are big beds are comfortable and breakfast was good!! Staff was amazing and knowledgable of surroundings and helpful with a place to eat close by!!

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

Member of staff not helpful on arrival. Didn't tell us what the hotel had to offer or local attractions A few of the younger guests were drunk and noisy

Location Breakfast Value for money Laundry Pool Gym Tea, coffee and fruit readily available

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Study with Sofa Bed

breakfast could have been better. The hotel was fine, the guests were rude and obnoxious. in One room someone was smoking, it was right outside the elevator and it was so bad i was nauseous . We did tell the front desk several times and they attempted to take care of it.

Browse Hampton Inn Salt Lake City Downtown traveller photo gallery