Reviews of Four Points by Sheraton San Diego - Sea World 4 stars

3888 Greenwood Street, Midway-Pacific Highway, San Diego, CA 92110, USA

#144 of 226 hotels in San Diego

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Management places no value on quiet peace and enjoyment
    • Deluxe Double Room

This property was great the first two nights we were there. The third night they had booked a party on the first floor. We were on the third floor. The music and the bass was so loud that the windows in our bathroom and the mirrors on the walls were vibrating. This went on for over 8 hours. We had a plane to catch the next morning and we got no sleep. We called numerous times to complain. Other people on the floor called numerous times to complain and we were told by management that those people had a contract with the hotel and there was nothing they could do about it. What about our contract to get sleep? We will never stay here again. I recommend that you avoid this property at all costs!!

Checking out and leaving

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

You don't get to sleep-in at Four Points
    • Traditional Queen Room

house keeping was knocking on doors all the way up the hallway and reached ours at 8:30am we don't have to check out until 11am. Found it very rude apparwntky we didn't have a choice if we wanted to sleep longer. The pool towels are tiny, more like big hand towels. It would fit around a child not an adult.

The spa was nice..

Great Place to Stay
    • Traditional Queen Room

There was nothing that we didn't like. I have absolutely no complaints!

The bed was like a cloud and the lobby was so clean and smelled absolutely amazing!!! This was a last minute book and we are so glad we booked here, it was a great place to stay and the staff was amazing!

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Family vacation
    • Deluxe Double Room

My only complaint would be that it took some time for us to get our refund on our price match taken care of, after some emails and calls it did get taken care of, just not as efficient as I would of liked.

The staff was friendly, nice and clean hotel. Location was good for us because it was very close to everywhere we were planning to go, however not the best part of town with a strip club litterally a few businesses away some families may be bothered by that. For us though we were gone so much it didn't matter, the location was great to get to Sea World, Zoo, MLB game, and deep sea fishing, shopping, etc.

The breakfast was excellent.
    • Traditional King Room

The breakfast was excellent. The price was comparable to other restaurants, but we did not have to drive there. That made the decision to eat there.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Nice hotel clean comfortable, was just a stop over and...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Watch out if you are booking a breakfast inclusive rate, I did but when the booking confirmation came through there was nothing that confirmed this and it said it was room only.

Nice hotel clean comfortable, was just a stop over and fulfilled our needs

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

On the way to S.Diego
    • Traditional King Room

Far from downtown, in the side of the highway.Always need car.Swimming pool for dogs and rooms face to it. Car parking should be free

Room amazing wide.Good bed and pillows.Good prices.

Ok
    • Traditional Queen Room

My bathroom faucet didn’t work. Maintenance had to fix it and after he left he left dirty footprints. I then had to call for housekeeping after to mop up the floor. This all occurred around 10pm

Cleanliness

Great place to relax and convenient.
    • Traditional Queen Room

It a great place to stay specially those traveling with kids. Great staff, clean and very welcoming place. I will definitely recommend Four Points by Sheraton hotels for anyone staying in San Diego.

Great hotel for the location. Close to everything.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Our main floor room smelled a bit musty. Try and get a room on an upper floor where you can leave the windows open. Also the exact location is a little sketchy but as soon as you move up one block it seems like a good neighborhood.

The beds and pillows were excellent. Super comfy. The pool and hot tub area is very nice and clean. The breakfast is excellent.

The property is clean and new.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The only issue is the location but one block away the neighborhood changes from industrial to shops and Starbucks.

The property is clean and new. The pool area and garden were well kept as was the dining area.

Better stay near the marina of Seaport Village.
    • Traditional Queen Room

AC in the room too noisy. The neighborhood is not pleasant. We walked to the Old Town (less than 1 mile away) and wanted to take a taxi to go back. Kind of scary walking around with kids. Breakfast buffet very poor for a 4 star hotel.

Hotel was selected over other hotels near Seaport Village as it was near Sea World which was the main purpose of our visit. Staff was friendly.

Good location, staff were friendly
    • Traditional King Room

If you are someone who is on vacation and would like to sleep to rest at least to 10am this is not the place you want to be in , room attendants carts so loud , they speak so loud to each other seems like no one cares about the don’t disturb sign, some people and their kids are noisy running and speaking so loud down the hallway going for breakfast and don’t have a respect if others are sleeping.for someone who wants to wake up at 7-8am then you are ok

Good location, staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Awful customer satisfaction, poor hotel management, communication and leadership!

It was an awful stay. I'm an avid traveller so giving this review pains me, but I have to be honest. The room (159) had a weird noise, something like wind howling. It was not from the air con. I rang reception immediately as I checked in on 27th July, they promised to send security ( not sure why) but no one arrived. The manager (Murt) promised me my room will be changed the next day and he's putting this in his report. I managed that night. The next day due to lack of sleep due to the howling noise I stayed in bed with migraine all day, told the receptionist (Monica) that my room needs changing, who informed me that my name is not on the room change list (she was right as I saw the list). So what happened here?? Anyhow, she said she will try but no more messages or room change was offered that day. I managed another night as I didn't want yo seen as a bother. The next morning I was out all day and b4 I left I again told the receptionist about the noise. She agreed to send maintenance as she said it could be the 'fridge' or change my room. When I got back to my room around 9.30pm, there were no messages for me and the howling sound still at peak. I rang the reception again and spoke to Martin who said he apologises but it seems like maintenance has not been! What?! After 3 days of suffering, they still don't care. He said he was sending one right away. At around 10.30pm I rang him again and told him no one has arrived and as I'm now too tired, both from my day out and from not having any resolution from the hotel team, I do not want anyone in my room and just want to rest, which I didn't get much as the howling sound woke me up several times. He promised compensation, to which I said I now have no confidence in any of their promises or jobs, and to me the whole team has a big communication, leadership and management issues. The next day, was icing on the cake! We went out around midday and came back around 8.

Money back compensation

Every single detail in this property was amazing, this hotel...
    • Traditional King Room

Frankly, i did not find any negative points in this hotel , all is good

Every single detail in this property was amazing, this hotel is absolutely your good choice in San Diego , the staff all were welcoming , hospitalizing & very cooperative, I highly recommend this four point hotel for longstanding vacations

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The customer service we received was absolutely wonderful.
    • Traditional King Room

When we first arrived, our room was not as clean as we would have liked. I had to wipe down the bathroom, there were still some stray hairs that were not ours. Also, I did not like their set up for the shower toiletries. Having the shampoo, conditioner and body soap in soap dispensers on the wall, leaves too much room for contamination. However, I do see how it reduces waste.

The customer service we received was absolutely wonderful. No complaints at all. It seemed like everyone went above and beyond to help us whenever we needed it. The free breakfast was amazing as well, almost the best I have ever had, definitely for this type of establishment. The food was delicious and they were very quick to refill anything that ran out. They also have a free shuttle to and from sea world which saved us a lot of time, and money, on parking.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Great hotel, nice people, good coffee, good breakfast for...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Great hotel, nice people, good coffee, good breakfast for USD 10 Also rooms clean and comfortable. Location not in a cosy neighbourhood but very practical close to main roads, Sea World etc

Ok ok
    • Traditional Queen Room

Too noisy ,u can hear the next door neighbors,doors sounds,ac mskes too much noise ,location is not that good closer to nude girls bar not good for family stay

.Staff is nice.Breakfast not nuch choices .Closer to sea world

Comfortable and clean.
    • Traditional King Room

The rats in the parking lot, and you really do need a car or Uber to get from this place to area attractions, though we did walk, a few sketchy businesses nearby.

Comfortable, reasonably priced, it has a pool and a place to eat.

It was in the perfect location to go to downtown San Diego...
    • Traditional Queen Room

The water in the shower kept changing temperature on us.

It was in the perfect location to go to downtown San Diego or to old town. It also only took minutes to get to a beach. We’ll definitely stay here again.

I like that it was neat clean and Organized and the staff...
    • Traditional Queen Room

What I didn’t like that it was very busy close to a highway I didn’t like that you need a car to get around in about not a lot of great views where the location was other than sea World not a lot of great restaurants in the area unless you like fast food

I like that it was neat clean and Organized and the staff was very friendly

Some good, some bad.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We did have one rude waitress at the restaurant, but the rest of the staff there was very nice. Also, our room wasn’t cleaned the second day of our stay in a timely manner. After being out all day, we expected to come back to a clean & re-stocked room. My young kids needed naps, so when the cleaning lady finally showed up ten minutes to 4pm, I had to turn her away because my kids were already napping. That was a little annoying.

Stephanie at front desk was wonderful! All the front desk were friendly. There was also a very helpful older gentleman in the restaurant who was very friendly and helpful every day of our stay.

Worst experience ever
    • Traditional Queen Room

I was there with my two young age daughters and was visiting sea world. Found a good deal online but was very disappointed. Location is the worst part of the property. Has a nude bar with prostitutes roaming the outsides opposite the hotel . With advertising telling where to buy legal drugs. Couldn't sleep at night because of so much noise from the aircondition system. We requested to change rooms but nothing changed, actually got worse. We've traveled a lot and only stayed at Sheraton hotels with great experiences and memories. Four points by Sheraton was the worst experience ever. I THINK ITS TIME SHERATON REMOVES ITS NAME FROM THAT HOTEL

Mini Vacation
    • Traditional King Room

Convient location of you have a car. Close to many attractions. Not recommended for walking outside the property. Encountered a few vagrants in the area, also property is near several nudie clubs

Very comfortable rooms, pool and lobby areas. Staff friendly and accomadating. Breakfast included

A Well deserved Vacation
    • Traditional King Room

We did not like the crowded parking lot. needs a little more parking spaces.

The Staff was great, The Bed was Very Comfortable. And surprisingly the Hotel was very quiet which we Loved Considering the location being right off the freeway. My Wife and I enjoyed our stay. See you soon!!!

Location was good
    • Traditional Queen Room

Bed bugs Staff didn’t wait for the elevator, made us wait Rooms weren’t clean They changed the room and gave us coupons to keep us quiet. I gave it back to them. Parking was a hassle when we came back late. They got my spg number incorrect. Has been happening for a while now.

Location was good Comfortable to go around

Close to airport
    • Deluxe Queen Room

Air conditioner went out took them over an hour to fix it after two calls. I was suppose to get a room with queen double beds and pull out couch. Ended up without the couch so slept really uncomfortable for the first nite!!

Close to airport

Good location if you have a car or use uber/lyft.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Quite expensive for a 1-night stay if you're traveling solo.

Good location if you have a car or use uber/lyft. Very clean and spacious room, the bed was extremely comfortable. Bathtub in the bathroom was nice, and no noise at all. Good breakfast.

Staff were very friendly and tried to accommodate and...

there was not enough parking for all guests at the property. they did not have one of our rooms ready by check in time. The location was in a sketchy neighborhood.

Staff were very friendly and tried to accommodate and respond to guest's complaints

Would not stay again.
    • Traditional King Room

Firstly could not access booking. Shoved into an accessible room. Shower head was 4ft. Hubby is 6’4. Booked kingsize, bed was queen size (maybe)! Not enough parking for guests. No one at front desk. Utter chaos!!

Nice stay once you get past the front desk.
    • Traditional King Room

We found the front desk staff to be combative about every issue or question presented to them. The bar, restaurant and housekeeping staff were lovely.

Rooms were clean and location was good.

Bad location, clean hotel.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

The location is unfortunate, bad part of town. Next to 2 strip clubs! Our a/c was broken and very loud.

Staff were nice and accommodating. Room was clean.

Fantastic
    • Traditional Queen Room

Nothing. Very happy with our stay.

Comfortable beds, clean well appointed rooms, friendly staff and so close to everything we wanted to see. Had a great time.

Awesome
    • Traditional King Room

Read the above, the food.

Need a little more structure on your menu, food could be heck of a lot better, in my room you advertise a beautiful burger with steak fries, with was awesome looking ordered it, got nothing of that picture, no steak fries no melting cheese. Anyways I think it could be a big attraction , and it's not being used correctly,,,other than that loved the staff and property

not a great value , wont be staying there again, extra add on charges kills any discount booking.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Parking fee 15 dollars a day, if you wanted to eat breakfast the cost is 15 dollars a day for adults and 8 dollars for children.we went to Dennys across the street. In a bad area , porn stores and strip club around the corner. construction going on next door, very noisy in the early am. Will not return. Beds very hard on the back.

Front desk was always helpful and friendly.

We had a great time this hotel is located perfect.
    • Traditional Queen Room

We had the first floor and window faced a wall but other than that everything was great

We had a great time this hotel is located perfect... comfort beds and the staff was great I will definitely stay there again

It was close to Seaworld.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Location not accessible because it is close to the freeway ramp and the sign is not that visible. Paid parking but not enough parking. Breakfast is not that good too. Very limited choices.

It was close to Seaworld.

Has it's ups and downs.
    • Traditional King Room

Limited parking to where they have parking at a separate company in a back lot that's not gated. Bit they assure that the area is patrolled by security. Also, the location is near a strip club. Not the most kid friendly area at night.

Very clean and was like it's own little paradise. Also, right next to a Denny's.

It was way better then the holiday inn hotels rooms

Breakfast wasnt free

The room was very spacious and comfortable. There was plenty of room for my husband my self and 5 kids it had 2 queen beds and sofa bed.

overall i had a good time here. will stay again
    • Traditional Queen Room with Disability Access

refrigerator was to small,had to pay for parking,not enough parking spaces,

the bed was comfortable, staff was very nice, close to food/shopping.free wi-fi

Okay
    • Traditional King Room

Gave me a room with 2 bed and and I asked for a king size is what I requested and the said the would chsng rooms the next day and the hotel did nothing about it. Blamed on Booking. Co

There was no breakfast!

Amazing Staff
    • Traditional Queen Room

Only downside is housekeeping never came by to change out towels or bed sheets. We had to call it in and ask.

The staff was absolutely wonderful. They tended to our every need, assisted us with a smile, gave recommendations for places in the area, and even gave us a surprise gift for our anniversary! I would definitely go back. The hotel is clean, the lobby was well set up and looked comfortable, and facilities are well maintained. They did have a pool, jacuzzi, and a mini fire pit near the pool. The location isn’t the very best, but still easily accessible off the freeway. Also near a brewery which is pretty cool. Overall, great staff, clean rooms, comfortable setting. 10/10 would come again.

The whole place was beautiful, clean, and the beds were very...
    • Traditional Queen Room

I wish it stated that there was a $15/day for parking and also we had to pay $15/person for breakfast.

The whole place was beautiful, clean, and the beds were very comfy!

Great stay in SD. Comfortable bed and spacious room.
    • Traditional King Room

The elevator right outside of our room, which was also next to the back entrance by our car, did not go to floor 3, which was our floor. We had to find this out the hard way, with all of our luggage. We had to get off on 2 and explore to find the next closest elevator. Also, the water pressure was VERY weak and the water would not stay warm. I had to take a 30 minute shower due to the water pressure and the fact that the water was so cold.

Everything was great.

It was nice
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were disappointed with the quality and variety of the breakfast buffet. Another thing we did didn’t like was the poor quality and small size of the pool’s towels.

We liked our spacious room

Great time and minimal driving needed to get to all things kids loved.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Location is right off highway and the area has some locations which are sketchy, especially some adult-themes locations that aren’t something I want my kids exposed to. Sofa bed isn’t super comfortable, but it’s sufficient for sleeping 2.

Super friendly staff, clean, rooms that can accommodate large families, location not far at all from zoo, sea world and balboa park.

Would stay again!
    • Traditional King Room

The neighborhood isn't very good. If we had not prepaid with no refund available we would have chanced getting a room elsewhere. But then we would have missed out on how nice the property is in spite of the surrounding neighborhood.

Bartender (Daniella) and Waiter (Santiago) were very service oriented and we enjoyed our meal and drinks. The property is very nice inside and in the courtyards and of course the pool. The restaurant was very nice and we enjoyed our breakfast very much.

Nice stay, good location. Had a 10-15 minute walk to old town.
    • Traditional King Room

Had some noisy neighbors. Had their kids running up the hallway early in the morning.

Staff was very nice. And the room was clean. Especially the bath room. Nice job cleaning staff.

So so stay
    • Traditional Queen Room with Disability Access

The desk staff proving wrong info regarding breakfast. I asked is it complementary and was assured it was and then get told by a rude waiter it was 15. Charged to my room. And add another ice machine to the first floor.

Comfortable bed

The place looks nice and clean but is not wort the price for the area is ugly
    • Traditional King Room

The surprise parking bill is Ridiculous it’s $15 per day. The ac didn’t work In my room called the desk two times and no one ever showed up.

It was very clean

Overall, we had an enjoyable stay, and would definitely recommend this hotel!
    • Deluxe Room

Initially, the hotel representative was unable to locate our reservation, which delayed our check-in process by 25 minutes. But we were compensated with water and a waived parking pass. Daily parking fees.

Nice clean hotel, centrally located near shops, restaurants, the beach, Balboa Park, and Sea World. Inside the hotel, along with bicycle rentals, it has washer & dryer access, a pool, a hot tub, a bar, and restaurant. Our room had a microwave and mini-refrigerator (a major plus). Front desk rep Sonia Deleon was personable, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful.

A nice little get away.
    • Deluxe Queen Room

We had problems with shower temperature. If our neighbors took a shower we needed to wait for the hot water, if not the temp drops to cold.

The location couldn't get any better 2 blocks from old town museum, 5 minutes from sea world. Oh and the bloody Mary's were one of the best, strong and spicy.

Didn't feel safe.
    • Traditional Queen Room

More honesty in the promotion. It is in a very run down part of town with a "nudie girls" two doors down the street. I would never have booked this site knowing the surrounding location.

Absolutely nothing!

Will not stay there again.

Our bathtub was broken we had to change rooms. The rooms were not close to each other as we requested sowe had to downgrade my king bed to a queen to be close to the other room. I thought the Breakfast was included when I booked that's part of why I chose to book there. We were very disappointed for the price we had to pay for an ok breakfast not worth the cost and very misleading.

Beds were really comfy.

Convenient location although the immediate area is an...
    • Traditional Queen Room

Paying for parking which is a disease at pretty much all SD area hotels. Staff was misinformed which is fine, however, it's better to admit ignorance than speak nonsense. Our clerk did not know which end of the hotel our rooms were located. In fact, he pointed out the incorrect end on his map. Probably was a new employee. Driveway gets crowded especially with UberTards stopping haphazardly anywhere as they are inclined to do.

Convenient location although the immediate area is an industrial zone which is not all that pleasant to look at. Staff was friendly.

2nd stay just as good as the 1st
    • Traditional Queen Room

Some of the places around the hotel aren’t the greatest examples for kids and the hotel was a little on the pricey side.

This is my second time staying here. Decent breakfast eggs, hash browns, bacon, sausage, assortment of juices, and muffins. Easy check out. Mark was great he really went above and beyond his job. The beds were very comfortable and the room was very clean. Close to everything

Decent but too many better other options for the same amount of money ..
    • Traditional Queen Room

Location and the parking was horrible! they charged $15 for crappy parking lot no security in horrible location ...

It was clean and the staff was friendly

the staff was friendly and the beds comfortable.
    • Traditional King Room

There was a musty smell in the hallways. The carpets had unsightly stains in multiple places and there were stains in the ceiling. Their standard of hygiene leaves alot to be desired.

the staff was friendly and the beds comfortable.

Good place for the money will stay again.
    • Traditional Queen Room

When I booked I payed extra for breakfast with the room the booking did not specify for only two people I have four people in my room hotel wanted me to pay extra for my kids I did not like that at all.

Good breakfast

This part of town is not great, but this hotel is great.
    • Traditional Queen Room

Location. It’s not in the best neighborhood but it is close to MCRD.

This part of town is not great, but this hotel is great. Clean and very comfortable beds! I was impressed.

Location is easy to find and relatively close to everything.
    • Traditional King Room

The hotel is older and the walls are paper thin. We hear every conversation, TV, shower and kids jumping on the bed from ppl staying beside and above. Pillows are terrible. They practically disappears.

Location is easy to find and relatively close to everything.

Booked a king got 2 queens.
    • Traditional King Room

Booked a king got 2 queens... some other friends had a broken shower. Elevator was broken... with a total of 8 rooms booked with friends everyone had an issue. Some were over or double charged. Keys for rooms didn't work.

Pretty good overall
    • Traditional Queen Room with Disability Access

The hotel charge for car parking and it sometimes takes until 4:30 pm for your room to be cleaned!

The location was great for sightseeing despite the fact that I did not rent a car. Uber was reasonably priced and places that I needed to visit were within short drive distances. There was a computer and printer for hotel guests to use which is rather unusual but a really brilliant idea.

It was so great I couldn't ask for more.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was some hair in the shower and toilet when we got there.

The beds were perfect I havnt slept that good in so long.i asked for extra towels and they were at my door with more than enough in under a minute! The room was so spacious I loved it. And I felt safe when I saw the security walking around outside.

I won’t be back. The price is NOT WORTH IT.
    • Traditional Queen Room

The elavator DIDN’T WORK. They ADD all these extra prices as your checking out.

It wasn’t that clean. The bathroom had a bad Oder. The area was not SAFE. I had a man come up to me asking for money. That scared me because he kept coming back.

Great location and excellent accommodations
    • Traditional King Room

Smooth check in. Comfortably appointed room and extremely comfortable bed. Excellent location to drive to old town, sea world, Carrillo National monument, shelter island and beaches. Highly recommend it.

Little tricky to drive to initially, one way streets. Worth the effort.

Even though the hotel appeared to be a more rugged area, it...
    • Deluxe Room

Even though the hotel appeared to be a more rugged area, it was a great place to be. So close to everything it was amazing. It was a couple of miles from downtown, ocean beach, old town, Sea world. The rooms were large and clean, the staff was great. I would stay there again for sure.

Not worth the money . More like what I would expect from a 100.00 a night hotel
    • Deluxe Queen Room

I did not like the hidden charges to park ,and eat. The breakfast was mediocre and they charged for a continental style breakfast. The hotel was dated and felt dirty

The bed was comfortable, pool and hot tub were nice

Probably won’t stay there again.
    • Traditional Queen Room

I paid $15 a day for parking, at one point I had to park on the street because parking was not available even though a staff member told me parking was guaranteed. I moved my truck from the street and parked it at the “ check in “ spot. We had a problem with the shower and we had to wait twice, to get it fixed by maintenance. Elevator was out of service.

Spacious rooms but poor accommodations from staff when dealing with issues.
    • Traditional Queen Room with Disability Access

Our room key consistently didn’t work. They had to make multiple new keys for our room and a staff member said “well do you know how to use a room key” which was extremely rude. The water temperature also had extreme fluctuations causing the water during a shower to go from scalding hot to freezing cold. It was very frustrating and maintenance came 5 times to work on it. I don’t appreciate paying over $150 a night for a room that the room key doesn’t work and I can’t take an enjoyable shower. The staff was not very accommodating to our issues at all.

The room was very spacious and the pool facilities were amazing!

The staff and lobby was beautiful
    • Traditional King Room

The walls was so thin, i could hear other people and guest was able to stay in the pool area after closing time and they was very loud..also homeless people was hanging out in front and around the hotel.

The staff and lobby was beautiful

medium hotel
    • Traditional Queen Room

Breakfast and food in general was poor. Overcooked eggs and no expresso coffee or cappuccino. Empty fridge in the room.

I expected nicer facility more comfortable. Dark restaurant with poor food

Not impressed! Not worth the price.

The staff was not very friendly. Does not include any breakfast. The buffet is exactly the same as a FREE continental breakfast in most places I have stayed at. There is also a $15 fee to park your car NOT valet just park it at the hotel.

The hot tub was nice

If it's less than $120/night book it!
    • Traditional King Room

Stairways don't allow access to floors above bottom floor when trying to get to your room.

As long as it's less than $120 a night, it's one of the best places for the money in the area near sea world.

Would not stay again and would not recommend it.
    • Traditional King Room

The bedding was blood stained. Bathroom riddled with drain flies and other insects. The pictures and exterior did not reflect the quality of the room. The room was not very clean overall. The hotel is in a fairly shady neighborhood and parking was $15/night.

The gym was decent. The dining area seemed nice though we did not use it.