Reviews of Hampton Inn San Diego/Del Mar 3 stars

11920 El Camino Real, Carmel Valley, San Diego, CA 92130, USA

#28 of 231 hotels in San Diego

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

No complaints. Thank you!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking spots are small to accommodate SUVs.

This is my second stay within a two-month period. When checking each time, I was greeted with excellent customer service from Trevor and Peaches. I mistakenly made reservations for wrong dates and Trevor helpfully found a room and at a cheaper rate! Peaches was accommodating with parking and pet arrangements. Thank you for the great service!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Great value. Good people.

The computers in the lobby were down and no one knew how to correct the problem.

The staff was great in all areas, from giving directions, to suggestions on places to visit. I had auto trouble and TWO employees helped with the problem and brought a charger that one owned from his home to help.

Love this hotel.i always get hotels ,but Hampton inn was the best one I ever been too.

Everything was great.

I liked the comfy beds and the cleaniness of the room.the staffs were very friendly in the front desk. Loved the breakfast.variety of stuff to eat

Sarcastic lookin front desk
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

10usd parking Requested for early check in but not only it was not granted, but was even checked in late. Waited 2hrs total.

They waived parking fr waiting.

Very pleasant and comfortable stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only complaint I have is through booking.com. I had updated our booking information and changed my name over to my husband's name because we were using his debit card. It showed I had successfully made changes but then when we were checking in the front desk was having problems finding my husbands name and our booking number. So come to find out it was still under my name. We were grateful that they were able to figure it out.

My family of four were very comfortable here. After a day at the beach, we settled in and ordered from a nearby eatery and had food delivered. The location was great. It was right next to the gas station which my husband walked to to get drinks and snacks for our boys. There was a Taco Bell which was convenient as well. It was right off the freeway, but would not have known because I did not hear anything. I would stay here if I were ever in the area vacationing again. We also weren't aware of the continental breakfast which was a surprise. So my husband brought some food to our room as we packed up. Our one night stay was very Pleasant.

Everything is great, expect the curtain.

I could not close the curtain. So l get up little early. If l can close the curtain, the stay will be perfect.

Everything is great, expect the curtain.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay. The hotel was nice and comfortable for the price.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I didn’t like then I found items under a fitted sheet from a previous guest, this made me feel that the sheets weren’t changed and question the cleanliness of the room we were staying in.

The customer service was great. However, the cleanliness was questionable. We found a charger and paper under the fitted sheet and one of the beds. However your supervisor Iliana handled it beautifully. Her reaction to the situation was very professional and she came up personally to change the sheets on both beds. She was very apologetic she even offered to switch the room for us. Since we had a infant we did not want to change but she immediately came and change the bedding on both beds and apologized. She was very professional and made the situation more tolerable. Because of her I will definitely return to your hotel.

Great breakfast.

Construction going on, which I realize is temporary, but typical construction noise, dirt, etc. Also, the location is adjacent to a very busy major freeway which is noisy however I know they can't control the traffic.

Great breakfast. Location convenient to our activities. Garage parking. No additional fees. Free newspapers. Large TV screen in room. Everything else fine

Good size-clean room and delicious complimentary breakfast!!!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Small pool and no hot tub.

Nice King suite Room#329 overlooking the lobby/pool area with a pull out sofa for my two boys to sleep on. Room has a refrigerator, microwave, wet bar and a 1/2 bath and a full bath too. Complimentary breakfast was delicious as well. Remember to tip the breakfast staff for their hard work! Easy access to freeway.

Satisfied
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The only thing I dindt like was that they didn't have a laundry room.

Loved that it was clean. Breakfast was amazing and the location very close to everything.

excellent, surelly recommending this hotel normal it is a Hilton

The confort of the room, large window that you can open totally, large flat TV, comfortable bed and quite. The breakfast was amazing. Free closed parking just a must.

Not too shabby pleasantly surprised

No hot tub. Eggs for breakfast are either powdered or liquid from a carton I'm guessing. (Space eggs)

Breakfast included and actually pretty good. Bed was comfortable. Maybe just a bit too firm but did the job

We enjoyed our stay. The hotel is easy to access from the freeways.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds are too small. They are doubles which were ok but prefer queen size.parking lot is good size but the Parkin spaces are very small.

The room was very comfortable and close to many attractions.

Fantastic!

The experience at Hampton Inn was amazing. First of all, when I arrived at the hotel, the receptionist was fantastic! He was very courteus and attentive with me. I asked a lot of questions and he answered quickly. Although I arrived at 11PM, he was very friendly and gave me information about San Diego. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Everything was good, as an example air conditioning, hair dryer and shower. The only problem was only the WIFI connection. However, it was solved very quickly by the receptionist. The breakfast was very good. There was a different kind of foods and It was totally organized.Finally, the check-out was very quick and the recepcionist was very attentive. The price was reasonable and I indicate this hotel!

The stay was just OK, not one of my best Hampton Inn stays.

Room was stuffy and smelled stale. The walls are thin, so I was able to hear my neighbor and people walking around above me.

Location was very close to Torrey Pines

Very pleasant and good location

Car wash and noise below from service station below window on second floor a loose steel cover on ground everything someone drove over it.very

Shuttle service friendly staff

see above. too bad as a hilton!!!

room dirty! Old !!! furniture old! front desk good! welcoming! site is problematic... housekeeping poor! no pride in work. common area cleaning staff poorly trained! no interaction with guests....

This is an okay property, bit high priced for the value.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Hearing Accessible

I noticed on this trip- the room(s) I was in were a bit run-down- like some marks on the walls, bathtub cracked bottom. ALSO a mouse came into my room :(

Breakfast, while basic- is free and okay! The gym and overall hotel is clean.

Great hotel for couples or business travelers providing all one needs for a comfortable stay.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

For the price this is a wonderful hotel. It's great location to connecting freeways and to the beach. We had an executive suite for a reasonable price. The internet speed was fine for us, parking was free, pets were allowed and the breakfast buffet was a '10' as far as hotel offerings go. We were really impressed with the daily changes to the menu. We had coffee in our room and free newspapers. The entire facility was extremely clean. We have decided to make this our go to hotel when we travel to San Diego.

After arriving after midnight, staff was courteous and accommodating
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

I left a tip and note to housekeeping to please leave 2 extra bath towels and they took the tip and never left the extra towels

Breakfast, front desk and cleanliness of overall facility

Beautiful hotel with wonderful breakfast options!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

We missed not having a hot tub at this hotel. Also, it would have been great if the room had queen size beds because the "doubles" are quite small.

Wonderful selection of tasty items for breakfast! Beautiful, clean hotel!

Crazy ,never I don't come back in this hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was not nice, I had problem and called to reception ,they hang off phone. Breakfast was not bad. But coffee was cold all the time. Bed was not comfortable and room was too much dusty and you feel too much dust inside room .

Location was good

very nice

The breakfast is very yummy and varied, comfortable bed, good room, good location for easy access to several major roads, friendly and helpful staff, I really enjoyed my stay.

I wouldn't stay there again.

The couch. Bathroom door. The main door. The walls. Seriously could hear people walking by or even talking.

Only thing I liked was the comfort of the beds. Everything else could've been better for the price.

It was clean, comfortable and relaxing.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The pool needs a lil improvement on its visual representation, adding a jacuzzi would give this a 10/10 . So far I rate it a 8.5 :)

Bed was amazingly comfortable!! I enjoyed all the amenities such as free breakfast and I also like the idea how extra add on services can be redeemed if not used during the stay. I would definitely return! Having a big plasma tv made the stay much better and easier to comment on its positive reviews.

Very comfortable hotel just outside San Diego

It could have had a bar, but it's only a short walk to the Marriott across the street

Bed was comfortable and the room & bathroom were spotlessly clean. The staff were exceptionally friendly. Chris on the front desk was outstanding. The hotel was surprisingly quiet, given that there seemed to be several people staying. Well located for San Diego and places north.

Watch out for bedbugs!!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My kids didn't sleep good because in rhe morning from the first night we slept there they got bitten by something and both girls had about over 10 spots that were bitten and then we ask to change the bedsheets and cover and the next morning found out it wa bed bugs that had bitten them again and we caught one of the bedbug and told the front staff. Beside that we are happy. I feel bad for my kids that's all

Breakfast food was good

Great deal in Del Mar
    • One-Bedroom King Suite

Minor complaint - not many food places within walking distance.

Great location from the beach (short drive). The staff was very friendly and very helpful. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast is excellent! I will come back again!

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

Great bag for the buck
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-in Shower - Hearing Accessible

There Should Be A Shower Chair In Shower It's A Roll In Shower The Maid Needs To Leave Soap Every Day.

Most everything. You need more handycapp parking on site

Pleasantly surprised and will return!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Ice machine is on the first floor

Breakfast buffet has a lot of variety and constantly was refreshed. Easy location and close to beach, race track and lost of new restaraunts. Work out space is small but really well stocked. Cardio, free weights, mat, medicine balls. I was impressed by this.

solid choice for a stay in Del Mar

breakfast was included, but was rather mediocre. I would have preferred if the room rate and did not include breakfast

Nice spacious room Good amenities 24 hour front desk, I was able to check in at 1am Easy parking Easy to find location

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Was admonished for late arrival.

Was admonished for late arrival. I admit it was my fault, but as a guest in a hospitality industry, shouldn't be made to feel as such. There was also loud noises in the particular room I was in from outside and the fridge or other appliance. Other than that, everything was as expected.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Great breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

My first coffee maker did not work, neither did the second. Not sure if it's just a bad model Hamilton beech. Not a problem

Good selection at breakfast including bacon, hard boiled eggs, oatmeal. Hot coffee and tea available outside of the breakfast room. Fresh fruit and really nice help.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2017

What you book is not what you get.

What you book is not what you get. Booked a two room suite not what we got. Leeza at the front desk was unwilling to fix their error with our room. And charged us for the more expensive room.

Good location, clean room

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Never again

We arrived at the destination around noon. We put in a special request to check in upon arrival and had a 3 hour wait in lobby, after we just finished driving over 2 hours to get there. So we ended up missing our boat ride and had to wait two more hours to catch another one. Staff didn't seem concerned. Instead over charged for a mediocre room.

The bed was very soft

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Great..wifi connection is a joke. Prepare to chew up data

The wifi. Terrible couldn't connect my chromecast. Let alone my device. And i know all about wifi.how to hotspot.how to Encrypt.like i said couldnt connect to my lgg4. Need to start making hotel wifi chromecast compatible along with the other dongle sticks..

The bed was absolutely the best i ever slept in. Honestly.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

It was comfortable and convenient.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

scrambled eggs were watery. Pineapples not ripe.

Sausages, waffles, oatmeal for breakfast were good. Bed very comfortable. Room was quiet-slept well.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

If your activities are north of San Diego, it's a great choice.

It's a bit pricey.

Always vey clean, excellent size room, huge breakfast selection, free parking and wifi. All of this is hard to find in this area! Easy drive to Del Mar beach.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Amazing Location, but what's up with the breakfast tables setup.

The breakfast setup is weird... some tables for people to sit in and then common central table which is taking too much space and doesn't make sense. The reception they have a problem with smiling... they should learn from housekeeping who are really friendly and helpful

The location is amazing and the housekeeping staff are always smiling and helpful

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

Suited my purpose
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The staff were not overly friendly. I'm not saying they were rude, but they were just not friendly.

The breakfast in general was good. As an Easterner I appreciated papaya as a fruit offering. The fitness center was adequate and I liked the large TV.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

1. Breakfast was good, although not as much choice as Europe...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

1. No slipper in the room 2. No way to shine the shues 3. price was ok, but could be lower, since the hotel is quite far from everything

1. Breakfast was good, although not as much choice as Europe, but yet it was a good start of the day 2. Spatious room, clean 3. Free inside parking 4. Access to i5 freeway 5. Polite and quickly responding staff 6. Gas station and 7/11 near the hotel

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Great except for the beds

I like a good, firm bed because of my back. Unfortunately, the ones in our rooms were way too firm. We and our traveling partners awoke several times with pain and stiffness requiring painful stretching each morning. In the future I will check users comments on the beds before booking.

Picked this location for equal proximity to Zoo Safari and Sea World. Breakfast selections

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Free parking, breakfast included, great location and a very safe environment :)

We had a little trouble with our WIFI connection at our room, but the girl at the front desk gave us a special user and passwd We appreciate the disposition to help immediately! Free parking, breakfast included, great location and a very safe environment :)

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Peaches who worked at the front desk was awesome!

Having to pay for parking No hot tub/jacuzzi

Peaches who worked at the front desk was awesome! Breakfast was great!

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Very centrally locates.

Price per night is to higher

Very centrally locates.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

super stoked about double waffle makers and all the extras...

eggs yuk

super stoked about double waffle makers and all the extras whip cream, flavored toppings

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Nice inn and a good location.

The pillows

The bed was comfortable however the pillows were not.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Nice place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The price was a little too high

Everything as expected

Nice and clean place to stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathtub in the bathroom drained very slow.

Nice and clean place to stay!

A Very Spacious room and Super clean .

A Very Spacious room and Super clean .

Breakfast was great with ample room for guests to eat.

Breakfast was great with ample room for guests to eat.

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Clean rooms

Bed waa bit lumpy

Clean rooms

It was great and the staff was lovely.

Longer stay

Clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast, close to everything.

No bar at the hotel

Clean, comfortable bed, great breakfast, close to everything.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

It was too expensive

Price

Breakfast was good

The breakfast room was every time full and to small for the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The breakfast room was every time full and to small for the hotel !

Amazing value close to the beach

Views out the window

Very clean

Can't think of anything

Breakfast is always great every morning
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I would prefer a firm pillow choice

Breakfast is always great every morning

Decent choice for Del Mar area, would stay here again.

Difficult to get out of garage on foot, no issues when driving though.

Pretty standard, clean and convenient for gas and Taco Bell

They now charge for parking

They now charge for parking

Would have been better if the mattress had been comfortable and I had been able to sleep.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-in Shower - Hearing Accessible

The bed was very hard and not at all comfortable.

The room was neat and clean.

Won’t go back

The service

Cozy, comfortable room.

Need more table sets in the breakfast room.

Cozy, comfortable room.

Nice place, great location. Friendly staff

Nice and comfy

Very nice

Good and varied breakfast, comfortable bed, very nice place.

The only thing is that i miss the jacousy.

Everything was perfect.

Great.

All. Enough....

Everything good

Breakfast very good

Excellent beds and breakfast

Excellent beds and breakfast

Nothing around the area but hotels but otherwise good

Yuk eggs, need better quality eggs, these must have been powdered

Great shower head, early breakfast, bed

Great place to stay Will come back

none

YES Parking was an extra Plus

This place was spotless!

This place was spotless! Also, a very comfortable bed.

Clean and comfortable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds with Roll-in Shower - Hearing Accessible

Room 108 too close to reception (literally next door)

Clean and comfortable room. Nice buffet for breakfast.