Reviews of Hampton Inn Savannah Historic District 3 stars

201 East Bay Street, Savannah, GA 31401, USA

#17 of 135 hotels in Savannah

Lovely property in great location.

Valet parking is $30 per day. We used the service the first day to avoid the stress of looking for a different garage. We did move our car the next day directly across the street and when we checked out 2 days later, our total cost was only $16.

We were evacuated from our home and traveled to Savannah to ride out the storm. Staff were extremely friendly and very helpful. Property is beautiful and in a perfect location for walking to all of the historic district attractions.

Hurricane
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

We were traveling with two elderly in-laws and four dogs in search of refuge during the hurricane. Your staff was accommodating and allowing pets to stay was greatly appreciated in a very trying time

The room was comfortable and clean, but I specifically asked...

The staff was unfriendly and not helpful. Significantly lacked the “southern hospitality” I expected from them

The room was comfortable and clean, but I specifically asked for a room with a view (since it was our first time in Savannah) and any chance of a view was blocked by the tree line. We weren’t on the top floor, so I felt like this could’ve been booked better

Prime location to enjoy getting around by walking, river...
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

Parking was expensive! Valet for a day was $30 on the property (unlimited in and outs). It was roughly $3/hr at the ramp across the street, but no guarantees on availability and must pay each time you leave/enter

Prime location to enjoy getting around by walking, river street, bourbon street, historical homes and tours!

Good staff, great location in a pretty town.

All good

The Hotel is in an excellent position in the town which has loads to see and do, the rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable, the roof pool that we used was clean with towels provided and was good for us and our daughter to have a quick dip before we went out for the evening.

Everyone was very friendly, breakfast was good.

Trying to check in... when arriving was a little confusing trying to figure out how to get into the place! That would be the only thing I would change.

Everyone was very friendly, breakfast was good. Would not change anything about that.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Awesome

The suggestion to go to trylors inset Of shrimp connection

Awesome bed! Left a personal belonging behind and they are holding gor me to pick up on way back!!

Hampton Inn saved the day

The staff was very understanding. I had a horrible experience in Savannah. Had to break my reservation and leave management understood and made the rest of my stay comparable.(I had my purse snatched)

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Would highly recommend to all travelers.

Can’t think of anything.

Staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was very good. Concierge was incredibly helpful. Location was perfect. Would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Excellent location, nice selection for free breakfast, most...

Had to argue with desk person (male) about pending charges. He told me sometimes there’s an error and it would be more than stated. The night staff at the desk listened to me and were a great help in figuring out his error on checking me in. They took care of it right away.

Excellent location, nice selection for free breakfast, most staff were very helpful.

6.0
    . I just did

Vallet parking was a bit cramped, could be better and less expensive , thank GOD for the public garage.

Only stayed overnight, for the time my wife and I were there all good.

Disappointing stay

Unhelpful staff, didn't acknowledge our booking, blamed Booking.com for not sending correct details through and left 5 if us sleeping in one room with 2 double beds as they said they were sold out for night??. Really didn't want to know or try to help!

I paid too much for this room.

The staff was not friendly. The valet worker white guy was very rude. He didn’t have good customer service at all Friday or Saturday. The lady at the front desk was not helpful. She had green nails. She wasn’t informative about the hotel itself I.e where the pool or fitness room at or the amenities that were available. She didn’t try to accommodate us at all. These people is the face of the hotel and if they don’t like their job QUIT. You have to be a people person. We don’t care if you’ve been at work all day and you’re tired we pay money to be accommodated and feel like we’re staying at the best hotel. We had to wait 2-3 hours for new towels and bath cloths. We had to call numerous times for them to come get the trash. It’s customer service and the staff sucked I wouldn’t recommend staying there at all. My money was a waste and the rooms were small not for 4 or five people. The valet area is too small for that busy hotel whoever idea it was to build it like that didn’t think it through clearly. Breakfast was fair.

The bed was soft Room was clean Free breakfast

Great vacation spot

There wasn't anything I didnt like

I loved the location ..I loved the rooftop pool..the cookies at 5:00 were an added bonus..the breakfast was good...

Great time in Savannah. Thank you.

Check in I did call to make sure I had all my rooms and they did not have me down for 4 rooms together. But we got 2 together. Everyone enjoyed their rooms. So it turned out just fine.

Breakfast was great. Room was very nice. Staff was very helpful.Excellent location. Walking distance to everything.

Disappointing with the dirtyness
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was still dirty from the last guests, the room fridge was frozen over, there was a garment left in the bathroom and the vent was covered in dust.

Location and staff was great

I would highly recommend and would definitely stay there again. Nice stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very good place to stay. The valet parking was good. The breakfast was very good....fresh. Roof top pool was nice. AC and bathroom very good, clean. Great location.

Very clean but the parking is a nightmare, overpriced

Parking was way overpriced $30 a day to park at this hotel that your already paid $280 a night for. Plus I checked in and couldn’t use my triple A discount. We will not stay here again because of the parking

Very clean, good breakfast and coffee 24 hours a day. Loved how good everything smelled and the wait staff treated us well

Good location but very expensive parking fee.

Do not rely on public parking garages. They are usually at full occupancy across from the Hampton Inn. Therefore, a guest must pay $30 per day for valet parking. It is impossible to do street parking in the district, and you can only park for 2 hours, should you find a parking space.

Location on Bay Street, across from River is ideal. No need for a car. You can walk the entire Historic District for stores, restaurants, entertainment, and some tours will pickup at or near the Hampton Inn.

Had a great trip but not because of Hampton Inn
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

1 elevator for this hotel 1 broken and never repaired Friday night through Sunday Very inconvenient No compensation 2hrs outside in street gas leak - no compensation ( could have given us bottle water while waiting??) Staff attitude was “ oh well” ....things happen. Really??

Great location for river activities,trolley,walking

Great hotel!
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

I checked in before my room had been cleaned. It would have been nice to receive a call letting me know when the room was ready.

Great location!! Comfortable room! Breakfast was great and had more options than I expected! I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to Savannah.

There was no meatless egg option at breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

The phone in our room did not work. Despite complaining repeatedly for three days it was never repaired. The staff was unresponsive and there was no remorse either. For an expensive hotel I felt that the front desk staff could have been more helpful and efficient.

There was no meatless egg option at breakfast. The staff kindly made separate eggs for our family

A memorable experience.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was extremely helpful. The concierge made you feel welcome and insured that you knew about all the entertainment around. The breakfast crew especially Miss Pat and Leslie were the friendliest. Food was always refilled before it was empty. I was alone they help me to celebrate my birthday and give me a birthday gift bag. I told everyone about this Hampton Inn and I will definitely be coming back next year.

Fricken Awesome!

No complaints! We had a great time and will definitely be staying there again!!

The hotel was in a perfect location! A trolley stop is located right out front, a public garage is across the street if you choose not to use the hotels valet parking. It is only a short walk to market city, but it’s a beautiful scenic route. Also the hotel is across from the river which makes for a breath taking evening stroll back home!

Comfortable and great location.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

NO BACON . What is it with you guys with not having bacon at any of your hotels that I have stayed at. And $30 a night to park your car. Are you serious??

It was comfortable and great location to the town.

The location was good and, also, the concierge. She was most helpful.

When booking in we were not told about the amenities (i. e. pool, breakfast, etc.) A new staff that came on later apologized for that. The carpets definitely need to be upgraded, particularly in the hallways. They are frayed.

The location was perfect.

Excellent!! From start to finish, one of the best Hotel experiences my Mother and I have had!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

The bellman could take a few lessons from the rest of your staff because they were not outgoing with greeting their guests and after all, they are the very first impression. In this case the front desk was such a pleasure we soon forgot the not so warm welcome at the door.

From the moment we walked in all of the employees were extremely nice, friendly and accommodating. The front desk was particularly nice and I wish I could remember her name (long hair, glasses). We truly felt welcomed. The front entrance was beautiful, the room had a great view and was pretty and clean. Fantastic location! Most importantly, when we shut the curtains at night it completely blocked ALL outside light and the rooms seemed somewhat sound proof because we did not hear traffic from the hallway.

We had a wonderful time in the room and out of the room in Savannah, GA.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We would have liked to have had a safe for the few valuables we had. I had to carry a larger purse around town as we didn't feel comfortable to leave our things in the room, cash and jewelry. My husband is in construction and said the area to hang clothes had an entire side that was for show only, and a safe could easily have been cut out in that second of the room.

The breakfast was okay not great. We only ate once so the second day may have been better. We ate in a restaurant across the street because we didn't enjoy our breakfast in the hotel.

Loved the location and front desk staff!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

Valet forgot to give me my smart key so I had to turnaround and was late for the event I travelled there for. No apology or reparations offered. View was beautiful but windows were dirty.

Bed was comfortable and room was ready early. Great location near the riverfront. Beautiful building, lobby, and entrance. Overall pleased with my stay.

I would stay again. Hope the management appreciates the outstanding staff!
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Access with Bath Tub and City View - Non-Smoking

2 problems--breakfast was not especially good. Area around pool became very slippery when wet.

The staff was absolutely wonderful, facility in great location.

Right in the middle of EVERYTHING we wanted to see!

Not a thing.

Wonderful breakfast. Concierge was amazing, very helpful, very polite. Front desk staff was very friendly, coming or going we were greeted with a welcome or told to have s great day.

Loved staying here and would definitely recommend it to friends!
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

We liked everything! Carpet in room was torn and could have been newer.

We had a very comfortable, clean room with a great view. Perfect location and so easy to walk or shuttle to everything we wanted to see and do. Concierges were fantastic!

No baby crib we asked for!

We requested a crib with our reservation but when we checked in, they told us they didn’t have any! They didn’t offer us any other solutions so no one really slept because we didn’t have a safe place to let the toddler sleep.

Comfortable—I was very happy.

On our first morning at the hotel, we left for breakfast and sightseeing, the room had not been cleaned by the time we returned mid-morning for my two year old to nap. When housekeeping came to clean, she was napping and we told here she couldn’t come in right then. The baby napped for quite a while and the housekeeper got angry and told us she needed to clean to room because she had way more important VIPs to get to. The baby was still sleeping so we told her not now. She never cleaned the room. When the baby woke and we left for the afternoon and evening when returned late at night, I needed to request clean towels and for the garbage to be taken out from the front desk. The night housekeeper was very helpful, brought extra towels and trash bags.

The location was fantastic, most of the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was great—really nice variety and always fully stocked no matter what time you came in. I would absolutely stay here again.

Perfect local!!!!

See above

Perfect location!! Near everything, nice accommodations. Ask concierge about DOT TRANSPORTATION- it’s great!!! . Only downside is $30 a night valet parking!! I guess parking is limited so it goes with territory!!

Wonderful!

Nothing, everything was greasy!

EVERYONE was friendly, and greeted us. Judy Taylor, the Concierge there, helped us plan wonderful ways to experience the city of Savannah.

I was meeting someone in Swannoa late last Saturday and just needed a room for a short night,

Drunks in the hall waking me up at midnight $375 for a room for less than 12 hours - Way more than I paid last time there, $30 / day valet parking is excessive Rained all evening - not your fault

Coffee ready at 5 am

Excellent breakfast.

Thought a bit pricey. Paid $30.00 for valet parking. Thought our vehicle would be under hotel but it ended up being in a parking lot across the street that we could have pulled into.

Excellent breakfast. Coffee and drinks along with a snack most all day.

Exceeded expectation for this price point and is a perfect place to stay in the Historical District!

I was traveling alone with two children so location was key. We were able to walk everywhere we needed to go and the hop on/hop off shuttle stop was right outside the hotel. The facility was practically spotless and the staff was more than helpful. We will definitely stay here again!

Location is excellent.

Only draw back is Parking. Pay for City parking or Hotel Parking.

Location is excellent. Easy walking to River Street and other sites. Staff was very good. Will come back the Hampton Inn for out next visit.

Pricing was way to high.

Pricing changed for the worst from one week to the next. We will not be staying there due to that and the ridiculous parking fees and availability,

Breakfast, bedding

Not worth the money

The staff was rude and unhelpful, the hotel rooms were basic and definitely NOT worth the price they were charging (~$300+/night). The hotel is run down and dingy everywhere but the lobby. PLUS there was no on-site parking as described, it was valet parking only and that was an additional cost. The complimentary breakfast room was overrun and poorly maintained (food was constantly missing or empty).

The pillows were nice and there was coffee/hot beverages at any time during the day or night. The concierge was okay - she was helpful when asked, but seemed annoyed to be asked to do her job.

The location is great.

The location is great. It is by the river in the historical downtown area. The breakfast is great, and refreshment in the lobby. Very friendly staff.

Location, hotel amenities and beds were excellent.

The hot water at the coffee station near the lift could have been refreshed more often to retain its temperature.

Location, hotel amenities and beds were excellent. Weekend concierge was also very helpful.

My husband was in pain after slipping and falling in the tub. We never left our room afterwards.
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

My husband slipped and fell in the shower. I told housekeeping and asked for a non-slip mat. She came back and told us that they didn't have one and put towels in the tub.

Employees were wonderful. The location for our anniversary was great.

Wonderful! We'll be back.

Didn't like that I had to pay for the parking. Fee was pretty high at $30 a day. Maybe factor that into the price of room.

Staff was great and the concierge was so helpful! The room was very nice and clean. I really enjoyed the breakfast each morning and the fruit that was available throughout the day. We loved our stay!

Excellent hotel and will definitely stay again if returning to Savannah!

Very Clean- great breakfast. Parking very convenient across street and self parking was reasonably priced. Great Location and able to walk to many locations we wanted to visit.

Great city, convenient location - but with limitations.

Breakfast! Those awful eggs must go! Real eggs please! My room was WORN! Carpet ripped and stained and my bathroom floor was filthy! Toilet paper and facial tissues are the poorest quality I have experienced. They will draw blood if you use them more than a few times. Also, other than the 2 vending machines, there was no pantry where you could purchase microwaveable foods like soup - to warm up in your room after hours. Most hotels have such areas near the front desk with a large variety of items, available for purchase. After the restaurants closed, you were stuck with vending machine junk.

Location. Many activities were located within walking distance.

Would recommend this hotel and location and would definitely stay here again!

Only one thing was a little off, and was resolved overnite, a new flooring was being installed in the main area downstairs and was a little noisy. But was quickly completed. That was it!

We loved the location, in center of everything. We loved the STAFF!! So warm and friendly!! It was a great stay!

Absolutely perfect location for anything in the Historic...
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

Lacks a Jacuzzi to relax legs after a long day of walking. Parking garage across street always says "FULL" even when it's not. Seems to be a valet parking scam.

Absolutely perfect location for anything in the Historic District.

Very elegant and comfortable hotel with a great staff right in the heart of downtown Savannah.

I didn't expect $30 a day for valet parking. Since we only stayed one night it was no big deal but if we had stayed a week it may have been an issue.

The entire staff was amazingly friendly. We couldn't have been more comfortable. It was like visiting a friend's house.

We would definitely stay at this hotel again!

Only one elevator was working during our stay which caused quite a bit of congestion in the lobby, and extended wait times for boarding the elevator.

The stafff were exceptionally friendly. We love the fresh cucumber and tropical ice water that was available in the lobby! The hotel location was perfect!

Excellent location, excellent breakfast choices and quick...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There were two elevators which were extremely slow (could take up to 5-10 minutes to arrive) and then one was broken the last half of our stay which made the problem worse.

Excellent location, excellent breakfast choices and quick response when valet parking!

I loved the location and the comfort of the room.

Breakfast could have been better.

I loved the location and the comfort of the room. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was not as good as other Hampton Inns. Would stay there again!!!!

The pillows lacked but other than that the accommodations...
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The pillows lacked but other than that the accommodations were fine. Two of the 3 mornings had no hot water but the staff was delightful. I'd stay again

Great hotel. Great location.
    • King Room - Mobility/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

The roof top deck around the pool is great. Enjoyed a cocktail there while taking in the view. Location is convenient to riverfront and many restaurants.

Wonderful location. Make sure you are charged correctly.

At this point, my credit card has been charged more than what booking.com and my hotel receipt stated. I am trying to correct this now. Very inconvenient.

The best thing was the location. The location was in walking distance to so many of Savannah's historic locations, museums, and restaurants. It also has a parking garage right across the street.

The staff was friendly.

It was not worth the money we paid. Any hotel has the same bed, fridge and TV for cheaper.

The staff was friendly. The sites was great do to walking distance to everything.

It was ok!
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The staff that dealt with breakfast and coffee. Someone in our party was looking for tea and decided to look below in the cabinets when a staff member was rude in the way she responded. The staff member then went down the hall into a room with another staff member not knowing I was outside the door or with the individual and said to the other staff member” If that “B” goes in my cabinets one more time.” We didn’t eat breakfast there as it seemed it couldn’t stay stocked.

Perfect location! Beautiful city.

Charged us $90 for 3 days of valet parking but only used one. Called and they removed all the charges. Just glad I caught it!

The Olde Pink House is a block away! Make reservations, you will not be sorry!!! Our favorite place to dine on our trip!

Beautiful view, comfy room, pleasant staff (except for the one). Weather was awesome!
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The stay was great, until we were about to leave. The tea supply was low, and I looked into the cabinet below to see if more could be found. A lady who worked there asked me what I was doing, I told her, and she went to the back storage room where she called me a "little B" to her co-worker, said she would (do something) to me if she caught me in the cabinet again. I handed her my hot water, apologized if I had offended her, and walked away. I did not get her name.

Was a very pleasant stay overall and an excellent location

The comforters were a little cumbersome for sleeping (got hot at night), and the elevators were a bit slow. Also, the room decor could use a little updating and brightening.

The location was perfect. The breakfast selection was really good. The room was quiet. The lobby was spacious and the selection of waters, fruit, and cookies was an added bonus :)

We would chose Hampton Inn when we return to Savannah

Was s but noisy as our room was next to the elevator & the ice machine

Loved the fresh fruits as a treat when returning from tours. The concierges were so pleasant & knowledgeable. We enjoyed conversations with our bartender. The location was perfect

The room,the location, and the staff was excellent

We were on the second floor next to the street and the traffic noise was horrible throughout the night. Next time I will request a room away from Bay Street.

The room,the location, and the staff was excellent

Very comfortable rooms
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

We didn't know that they have parking and parked at the garage across the street. Saved some money though.

Very nice and comfortable rooms. Bathrooms have extras like shower cap etc. Good breakfast with pretty view. Small but cozy lobby with fireplace. Very convenient location. They have their own parking lot and valet service.

Lovely, very upscale lobby and accommodations.

Lovely, very upscale lobby and accommodations. In the heart of historic Savannah - trolley tour picks up outside the hotel. Convenient walk to restaurants, including the Pirate House! I was very pleased overall.

Wonderful stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and View - Non-Smoking

The price had gone up since we booked the room so we were forced to pay the additional rates for both the room and parking.

Warm cookies every evening.

It was a pleasant stay
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was cold, the night time registration was very slow. The woman was easily confused. Our room was supposed to have a view, all we could see were trees

The hotel was clean, the locations good.the staff was polite and friendly.

I would stay there again, if I was I.
    • King Room with View - Non-Smoking

It said the room had a great view, but there was too many trees.across the street to see anything!!!

The room was great, plus the location was within walking distance to everything...It

Great location, clean, and met our needs!

The bed was very soft and just not comfortable for us (we're in our 40's). Pillows were way too 'big/fluffy' - not good for the neck - and if you sleep on your stomach like I do, it was so high that I couldn't even use it. I was disappointed that I reserved two rooms at the same time thinking that they would be next to each other, but were actually on two different floors. We met my parents in Savannah and were hoping to have rooms next to each other. I made an assumption that they would be next to each other, but I guess I should have asked.

I loved the location - perfect for walking to many, many places in Savannah. I also really liked the lobby with the fireplace, nightly cookies, water & coffee were always available there. The maple sausage at breakfast was so delicious!

We went for a weekend and it was the perfect location.

I don't think there was anything we didn't like

The hotel was beautiful. The breakfast was good and close to everything we wanted to see. The staff was very helpful.

Location was perfect for our planned activities.

I received a false impression from Booking.Com about the pool. Was advertised as year round roof top pool. The pool was on the roof but not heated and 2 very disappointed children was the result. This hotel only had valet parking which cost an additional $25.00 per day. Totally unexpected expense.

Location was perfect for our planned activities. Excellent Concierge.

Excellent location near to the centre and river walk.

Excellent location near to the centre and river walk. Very friendly staff and very very comfortable bed. Good breakfast selection. All in all a good place to stay.

Location, Staff and 24 hrs complimentary coffee and tea

no self parking as i expected for a hampton inn, just expensive on site valet and i really don't like valets. Breakfast hours till 9:30 am too early if you are on vacation

Location, Staff and 24 hrs complimentary coffee and tea

Great choice at a reasonable price at a phantasmic location

Very friendly staff. Great breakfast and nice room. Top location in walking distance to the attractions. Clean and spacy room. Would definitely book again for my family.