Reviews of Hampton Inn Seaport Financial District 3 stars

320 Pearl Street, Wall Street - Financial District, New York, NY 10038, USA

#261 of 415 hotels in New York

I have stayed at this hotel before and was welcomed but dealing with the woman at 2:50 not so much.

When I checked in I was speaking to a gentleman and a woman took over. I was asking a question and she cut me by saying she will explain. Her manner seemed more combative then customer friendly. It would not make me comfortable in asking any more questions regarding payment or anything else.

The breakfast is good and the attendant is very attentive in making his guests comfortable.

The staff were very helpful.

The hotel felt a bit cramped.

The staff were very helpful. It was a good location. However, lift was broken for whole length of stay. Had to carry bags upstairs ourselves. Bedrooms are quite small. The dining area is also small so can get cramped in the morning.

was ok, what i expected, stayed here before, new staff needs better training to handle late arrivals

although I arrived very late and felt maybe i thought I should call ahead I didn't like the new guy at the front desk who screwed up my credit card by cancelling my reservation. also, didn't like that the water broke in the hotel and couldn't take shower until the next day

breakfast, refreshments in the lobby

Good location (8min to Fulton subway station)
    • King Room - Mobility Access

Breakfest was every day same. Without cheese, ham, vegetable

Good location (8min to Fulton subway station) Nice breakfest(bagels,muffins, cereals, hard boiled eggs, scrumbled eggs-not good probably from the powder,little fruit,wafles. Juices Complimentary 24/7 coffee, tea, water Friendly personal, especialy breakfest guy

Staff is excellent, helpful and supportive.

Cramped space for breakfast causing bad experience on a breakfast included deal. Not happy with breakfast options too. Toaster was half working. Clear View request could not be addressed. Low spaced aisles, reception area make walking around uncomfortable.

Staff is excellent, helpful and supportive. Proximity to Brooklyn Bridge gives this one a great location. Coffee at reception at all times.

Next to Brooklyn Bridge, great staff, generous breakfast,...

No outlook to speak of being on ground floor. However we spent most time out and about and the lobby/breakfast area was a good alternative space.

Next to Brooklyn Bridge, great staff, generous breakfast, comfortable cllean room

Loved the place last year this year we were disappointed

The male that worked Monday morning of the 7th was a complete Jerk. Very rude he also worked Friday evening and was a Jerk then too.

I like the lady that checked us in I also like the lady that was in charge of the breakfast they where awesome.

The breakfast area WAY TO TIGHT the desk person charged my...

The breakfast area WAY TO TIGHT the desk person charged my card multiple times causing my account to have NSF and have yet to credit it back... the comforterwas nasty!!! They don’t change them

I called a few weeks ahead to require a room in the upper level. When I got there they told me the room is not ready yet, but I can leave my luggages there. When I went back around 6:00PM. The African American female staff at the desk was very rude. I said I would like a room more high up. She said those rooms are reserved for honor members. Since I booked the room through a third party I can only get the room in the basement. I said I always reserved my hotel though a third party, even the big name hotel like Mariottt or Sheraton would treat me as their own customer and honored my request with a room with nice view and upper floors. it was very insulting to talk to a customer like that because you booked your room through a third party....At least she should say due to overbooking, when all the lower level rooms being occupied, this is what you get. She meant the basement is the room that I expected to take. The phone is not working inside the room including our cell phones. I was suffering from a very bad cold, I said in case of emergency how can we make a call? The vending machines are very noisy outside. She said you can come to the lobby to make a call, this is the best we can offer you tonight, if you are not satisfied you may call booking.com to get a refund. I was very sick and exhausted. How can I call when the phone was not working in the basement? The next morning I complained to the supervisor that I was being treated badly with your staff last night who should be fired by poor manner and customer service skills. If you don’t have room in the lower level upgrade me to a better room that you have reserved for your elite members. Doesn’t it sound fair? The supervisor aplologized and said they try to avoid putting people in the basement. I think it is illegal to put a customer in a hotel room that the phone or any cell phone canNOT dial out.

They Hotel was in a great location

The hotel didn’t follow directions properly. I request a room on a high floor and was given the first room next to the elevator and check in desk. The room was basically located in the lobby and was extremely noisy. Also the hotel charged my card an additional fee by mistake and couldn’t refund it until check out.

They Hotel was in a great location

Comfortable bed, friendly hosts, a PC with internet access...

Breakfast wasn’t really tasty, view from the window is another building, an apartment could be a bit bigger

Comfortable bed, friendly hosts, a PC with internet access in the lobby

When I got off the subway I went to the right instead of the...
    • King Room - Mobility Access

When I got off the subway I went to the right instead of the left. It was freezing. In my haste I went to Hampton Inn at 32 Pearl st instead of 320 Pearl st. When I got there I immediately knew what I did ! I had a ton of luggage. I turned to leave and the front office Manager (Musa Goodman) 😇said wait we can help you with your luggage. He asked one of the hotel associates “ismal “I’m sure that is not the correct spelling, if he would help me with my luggage to 320 Pearl St Hampton Inn. Ismal was a sport, and I thank all (including the lady that I didn’t get her name, but Musa would know) Customer Service A plus plus plus!

We love New York!

There were 4 adults in the room but everyday, housekeeping only left 3 towels. After 2 calls to the front desk, I finally quit and just started taking them myself from the rack I saw in the hall. There is no storage space. Only a small closet and 2 small drawers between the bed. We didn’t mind living out of our suitcases this is not a good thing for some.

The hot breakfast! Caesar the breakfast steward was very friendly! Proximity to public transportation was good. Great view of One World Building from our window.

Loved it

I stayed here in two different occasions my travel agent booked the first two nights and I booked this on online. I didn’t like how when I called the hotel she couldn’t ensure me that my booking went through (although it did). She kept telling me I had to talk to the reservation line which I did and they did say it was booked! I just wanted her to tell me and she wouldn’t answer me! She actually told me over the phone no rooms were available!

The breakfast was beyond expectations considering other local hotels! We also stayed in a different room the first two nights and the balcony on the 8th floor was remarkable!

The staff was helpful & clean side of town.

Missing fridge in rooms. Bathrooms could've had shower curtain rod curve so more space within. Room plug in near lamps didn't work very well for charging.

The staff was helpful & clean side of town. Didn't smell like sewage or mold. Loved the city view from window, very relaxing to see bridge.

Fantastic hotel and location - wonderful staff that made our stay extra special

Absolutely nothing!

The staff were wonderful - especially Mishy at Reception who lent me her own personal umbrella as it was lashing when we arrived, Pedro who helped up with our luggage and directions and Caesar in the Breakfast room who was so friendly and helpful ... they made a great hotel experience wonderful. The hotel was great - beds, bed-linen and pillows wonderful .... a really, really great breakfast complete with hot bacon, eggs, waffles and the best coffee and OJ we had in any hotel ... brilliant location right at the Brooklyn Bridge and a block from the East River & South St Seaport (lovely little area full of bars & restaurants) - what a lovely surprise we had that morning when we went walkabout with our morning coffee. I can't wait to stay again ... recommending to all family and friends

Comfortable and relaxed.
    • Queen Room

Cannot think of anything.

Helpful and charming staff. Excellent breakfast. Close to Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge and Metro. Our terrace in room 802 with great views of the city.

Breakfast had a great variety of choices, from eggs, to...

The shower head was loose from the wall. Front desk was not aware of it until we notified them. It did not, however, affect our ability to take a shower.

Breakfast had a great variety of choices, from eggs, to bagels to yogurt and fruit. It also had choices for coffee and tea.

Poor start but nice ending.

The first night we were placed in a room in the basement - it was horrible. The carpeting was damp and the shower in the bathroom leaked onto the bathroom floor.

The breakfast was very good and once we were in a normal room, it was very nice. The front desk offered suggestions on food and activities which was very helpful. The staff moved us to a second room for our second night which was much better than the first night. We did not have to move anything, they did the move while we were out touring the city.

The location was fantastic.

The heating didn't work and it was freezing in the room. Couldn't turn off the a/c. This made our stay uncomfortable.

The location was fantastic.

This place was very accommodating!
    • Queen Room

The room was rather small but still very clean

I loved that it's located right under the Brooklyn bridge and in front of the seaport! Beautiful location! Also, the front desk personnel? AMAZING!!

Value for money but maybe I should have spent more.
    • Queen Room

This was 320 Pearl Street. A bit tired, otherwise fine. The other Hampton Inn at 32 Pearl Street is new - and more expensive. Make sure you know which you are booking. SuperShuttle from airport was not worth the saving compared to a cab. Took forever.

Convenient for several subway lines, and eating places. Brooklyn Bridge. 9/11 memorial. Staff fine. Breakfast OK but get there early before too crowded.

Room was small and not ready at check in time. Pillows were flat and they did not provide extra pillows or towels. Housekeeping staff would tie up only elevator and we're noisy with carts at 6 am

For a budget is a good value
    • Queen Room

My room faced the street and the closed windows didn't shield the outside noise. The curtains didn't do a good job shielding outside lights in the morning either. If the tall curtains could actually be closed then better light shielding could be obtained. The room doors close very hard by itself. I said "doors" because my room's did and several others in my floor did too. One night I was watching TV late night and in another room occupants were coming in and out slamming the door every time. It was loud. The breakfast room is too small, however it is well maintained.

The hotel people were very friendly and helpful.

The Cell!
    • Queen Room

The room was below ground. Ice machine broken. Bins of laundry by our room! No windows! Front desk would not call cab. Asked not to be on 1st floor so they put us in the cellar! (Dungeon) This room was booked weeks ago maybe 2 months. Why was I not alerted to the location preferences?!

Air Conditioning

Basement rooms a disgrace and not fit for purpose
    • Queen Room

Be aware (frightened/terrified...) of the basement rooms (101-104) - they are a disgrace to the property: little if any natural light and some glass door/veranda leading into the unknown. Worst of all however was the extreme noise, with the laundry room (+ van) operating incredibly loudly all night right next door. This made it impossible to get any sleep; something that was not helped by housekeeping staff chatting loudly in the basement hallway. Having unsuccessfully tried to fall asleep for an hour (well past midnight), I eventually asked to change rooms, but that request was declined because the property apparently was fully booked - I was offered some earplugs instead (it is *not* a good sign if a hotel offers earplugs proactively). I am sure that other rooms in the hotel are of better/adequate standard, but these basement rooms are absolutely awful - run as fast as you can if you get asigned one of them! They really should not be sold at all, particularly at that price point - the fact that the check-in staff Edward intially told me that I had been assigned 'one of the premium (!) rooms in the basement' added insult to injury. On the upside, check-out staff the next morning was highly apologetic and agreed that these rooms are not fit for purpose - but the fact that they continue to get sold in spite of the management being aware of repeated complaints does leave a bitter aftertaste. I spend roughly 40-50 nights a year in hotels and have experienced quite a few ups and downs, but this one ranks among the worst experiences - I certainly will not be coming back.

Staff by and large friendly; location very good; easy access to public transport; clean room

SIMPLY AMAZING

Everything was wonderful.

The staff was amazing and super nice. Not that fake nice but the kind where they genuinely care about your experience and comfort and more than willing to go above and beyond to help you. Room was spotless. I was politely greeted by EVERY employee I saw and if I had any questions, they were immediately answered. Overall AMAZING EXPERIENCE.

The staff was great!

Hard pillows

The staff was great! They also let me have a late check out because I was feeling sick. And the balcony was a nice touch! That's hard to find in NY

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

very good stay

Very poorly arranged seating area for breakfast couldn't move around to get food and seating was very limited very poor design.

Very good location for our needs for this trip

Like having family in the Seaport area
    • Queen Room

The parking was expensive and we had to wait for the attendant, and the hotel was very hard to find, with a GPS, due to lack of signs out front. We lost most of the TV cable stations the second we stayed there.

Extremely friendly staff, clean rooms - overall great experience. When we checked in, Diamond couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. She treated us like family! When we returned from dinner, she greeted us like she had known us forever. VERY FRIENDLY PERSON.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Great place to stay in NYC

Everything went really nice. Staff was VERY pleasant, welcoming and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was nice and yes the eggs were much better than expected!

First floor is noisy otherwise sleep on a quieter floor.
    • Queen Room

Room located on the first floor was very noisy. I could hear a lot of activity going on outside. AC / heating unit is very old and noisy. I recommend seeing if the unit can be upgraded to a quieter model.

Nice continental breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

i am a life time HamptonInn customer until i came across this hotel. i give a 0 rating.

hotel rooms are not fully described to customers; rooms in basement are not standard rooms by ANY standard but they are offered with misleading information as standard rooms. front desk staff is rude.

The bed was superb.
    • Queen Room

The eggs and sausage wasn't something I would write home about. Other that that my stay here was quite satisfying.

The bed was superb.The bathroom was pristine. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Staff, room and breakfast was awesome. Would definitely recommend this place to a friend.

Location- that's because I'm not use to the city life yet lol.

Despite the reason for the visit (funeral),the room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and made the check in and check out process fast and easy. The breakfast was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the location and I guess that's because I'm from a small place where there is woods and deer lol. I'm not use to the city life yet.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

To small of property to not get it right rooms are spacious.
    • Queen Room

Breakfast was horrible who's still eats pork in 2017 the utensils were cheap and small the fork actually broke in my mouth as I was eating my waffles breakfast was not displayed and put out on time. There should be better options I drink whole milk with cereal why have 2% milk and not both. The brand of cheese and egg of choice was salty. I think it was the cheese more so. And then your fresh fruit sitting in water by the juices was not appealing it looked old or something. Your coffee station/tea station was the best thing and waffle batter. And take away those hard dry nuts to add to the waffle it was unnecessary and took up Room for something useful. Turkey sausage &bacon waffles & eggs simple.Your yogurt should be displayed different the rapping looked old. The brand of utensils horrible upgrade that. Take notes from comfort inn on grand st. You did have hot sauce packets a plus but what would you use it on the ham lol? I didn't mind the small seating arrangements until breakfast turned out horrible so now everything gets critiqued. And you left the kitchen door open while still bringing out food 1 staff didn't have a hair net on. And your staff didn't have gloves on unless they took them off before coming out the kitchen. To Many moving parts. It should be at least 3 staff set everything out at 1 time make sure everything is fresh tasy and presented right. And that's it oh yeah that syrup jar was sticky dripping syrup ever where if staff seen it it should have been cleaned off immediately and filled back up with fresh syrup. Your breakfast area is to small for the team not to notice small things like that. And very little food not to get right the 1st time. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Your room was way bigger and better than comfort inn but I won't come back because of the breakfast and prices. Oh yeah 5 stars for the computer area downstairs. And your coffee/ tea station.

Waffle, computer station and coffee/ tea station

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Average Stay

Rooms are small. the room i stayed in had no view from window.

Comfortable beds near to Fulton Subway, so a traveler without a car can catch a train easily to Times Square etc. also you can catch a free downtown connection Bus from nearby to reach Battery Park (statue of liberty)

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Managerial Staff Bad Customer Service
    • King Room - Mobility Access

Half of the staff was very helpful. The managers were not that knowledgeable on how booking through third parties worked. They charged me another amount from the amount booking gave me. Then they tried saying that there were hidden fees when booking with booking.com. Needless to say they had no clue what was going on and did not want to do anything to fix my problem. Which is horrible customer service. From a managerial perspective i would have attempted to help the customer rather than say nonsense and not help. The great thing is that i called booking customer service and they were able to fix the issue and i got charged what i was supposed to. But definitely not because of the customer service the managerial staff provided. I felt i had to go through hoops and hurdles to get serviced. I do have to say that at the end they did provide me a receipt of payment and apologized. I would have rather them assisted me from the get go instead of having me do extra unnecessary work for their mistake. Hotel is in good location though but i would think twice in booking them because of the extra unnecessary charges on my account.

I liked the Location and the cleanliness of the Hotel.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2016

Cute hotel with great staff

Nothing major, but a few more kid friendly channels on the television would have been nice.

Cute little hotel in a cute little district of NY (South Seaport). The staff was extremely friendly! We were traveling with small children and they were very helpful with helping us make it easy to get our luggage to our room and were always willing to help when they could. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was a nice size. Room service was great with making sure our room was cleaned each day which was a huge help, especially with small children. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 28 December 2016

Breakfast room tiny for the number of guests.

Staff was always friendly, but Evening staff at desk was not knowledgable on questions about entertainment, boat cruises, etc..

Breakfast room tiny for the number of guests. Barely able to walk around the few tables.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Location is great, I stay because it is close to my son at...

Breakfast is not good. I wanted to pay in cash and yet they still wanted to hold a whole nights stay on my debit card. No other hotel does that.

Location is great, I stay because it is close to my son at Pace University.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

Not very appealing to re-visit

The Hotel looks and feels understaffed, the reception desk is often unattended. the possibility of early checking -in is not even an option, they get their linen daily at 1:30 pm?? sound very late... staff members barge in the elevator when guests are in even with their cleaning carts and equipment. all this unfortunately points to a weak management

Great location, good size rooms, decently clean, faily comfortable beds

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

The staff was exceptional. Anthony and Tamara were friendly and accommodating. They provided everything we needed for a comfortable and pleasant stay.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Pleasant Stay

The stuff was a true pleasure and very helpful. The location would depend on your type of scene. There's a lot to do in the area, but its pretty laid back. I left so relaxed and happy. A true mental detox

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

Vacation in NYC

The location of the hotel is located right by the port and although a bit cold the staff makes you feel right at home. The breakfast was great and FREE of course. Honestly, the service was spectacular, without it, the hotel stay might have been a little less than great. Thank you for your hospitality!

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Great service, breakfast is good too.

The second floor was smelly, like humidity smell, is not that bad can be improved. The mattress was not too firm.

Great service, breakfast is good too.

• Reviewed: 14 September 2016

The staff here are incredibly friendly!
    • Queen Room

Breakfast room can get a bit crowded in the small tight space; walls are very very thin

The staff here are incredibly friendly! The location is great! Close to a metro, Brooklyn Bridge entrance, Chinatown and Little Italy, and everything in lower Manhattan that you want to see!!

• Reviewed: 12 September 2016

Great staff and location .but room 105 needs to be changed to a baggage/store room
    • Queen Room

We were put in room 105 in the lobby.this room should only be a store room because 1. The noise from reception from people going in and out. 2. Everytime the people upstairs flushed the toilet and had a shower U could here it. 3.you could not see out the window it was all stained from the outside. 4. When ibooked on line the price was 600dollars. At hotel i was told it was 707.05 dollars. This was very disappointing. I have stayed at many hampton hotels mainly liverpool and europe and this was the most disappointing. The best thing about this hotel was the friendly staff who could not do enought for u and the great location. Pity about room 105 as this is only fit for a store or a baggage room

I liked the location and the staff both excellent.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

Comfy

Air conditioner was extremely loud and kept us up during the night. Sunday breakfast should run later than 10:00.

Lots of variety for breakfast, beds were comfortable. The room was clean and nicely decorated.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Very enjoyable stay at the Hampton Inn. Thanks!

only 1 chair in the room and a small table, with 4 people it would have been nice to have 2 chairs.

Beds were comfy and room was clean. Flat screen t.v. was nice with cable. Breakfast in the morning was great!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Nice Getaway

The towels weren't the greatest.

The bed was nice and so was the shower. Whenever free breakfast is involved I'm happy. The staff was also very nice.

The cleanliness, room, amenities, coffee and water 24 hrs,...

The cleanliness, room, amenities, coffee and water 24 hrs, location

Clean, convenient, nice people.

Clean, convenient, nice people.

Great stuff.

Pretty far from metro

Great stuff.

I would not rebook

Air conditioning went out in our room for 2 days and got bug bites.

Staff

Convenient

Elevator stop working...

Convenient

Great neighborhood.

Great neighborhood. Excellent staff. Value breakfast. Close to subway. Squires diner nearby was outstanding.

Very nice place would go again.
    • Queen Room

More TV channels for night time.

Clean room. Friendly helpful staff

Satisfactory

Location. Cost.

Jus Right

Bed sheets don't cover mattress..microwave should be in room...& breakfast can be also non-pork as well.......

Nice size room..and location...

not worth the stay
    • Queen Room

dirty, the tv didn't work, incredibly loud, bed was horrible.

concierge was friendly

Breakfast Noisy between rooms

Simple night. Exceeded expectations for money spent.
    • Queen Room

My coffee machine was broken. Room 402.

The room was heated when we got there.

Perfect location, friendly staff.

Perfect location, friendly staff.

Keep it up!

Free breakfast😄

It was a very pleasant trip.

Varity at breakfast

Great hotel near Brooklyn bridge

Do not offer parking free for guess

Location and breakfast

Heating did not work.
    • Queen Room

Heating did not work. It was freezing in the room.

Nice staffs, Reasonable price

Too small restaurant

Nice staffs, Reasonable price

Will come again

It was neatly clean and no drama

Wonderful staff, good food, clean and peace and quiet

A wonderful location to be close to the Brooklyn Bridge

I loved the duvet cover but the bed was a little too firm for my taste.

GOOD BREAKFAST

GOOD BREAKFAST

Close to the subways we needed to go to Brooklyn.
    • Queen Room

Close to the subways we needed to go to Brooklyn.