Reviews of Hampton Inn Seattle/Southcenter 3 stars

7200 South 156th Street, Tukwila, WA 98188, USA

#2 of 17 hotels in Tukwila

Little bit of a walk through garage and under hotel from self parking. There is construction in area as area is developing, but did not effect our stay at all.

We had a lake view room and was excellent choice. Wasn't anything we didn't like about the room or hotel. Can access all towns and scenic areas without problem.

Didn't like how the shuttle driver didn't pickup at the location we were told he would pick up at and it was almost an hour we stood waiting at the airport.

The hotel is located in a nice area and you can get the shuttle to drop off and pick up at the light rail station where you can ride the train right into downtown Seattle.

We would have liked another chair or two in the room. There was only one chair, and we were worried about spilling drinks on the nice white duvets.

Staff, beds, breakfast were all excellent. We particularly appreciated the reception desk making different arrangements for us when our room wasn't ready at 4:00 arrival. We'd had a long drive and were looking forward to resting before evening activities.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No restaurant on facility. Mall close with places to eat but would of loved a restaurant closer

Clean comfortable room! The bed was really comfortable. Great location to airport

Breakfast was a little poor. Variety was OK, but quality of ingredients not so good.

Good value for money. Excellent service at reception. Pool was closed but staff organized for me to take my children to the pool of a nearby hotel. Thanks!

The breakfast was like many other hotels that offer reconstituted powdered eggs. I personally cant stand them.The staff was friendly. The exercise room was small and every machine faced the mirror and not the television. We joked about rearranging it but didn't do it of course. Also, the water dispenser in the fitness center didn't have water in it. However, if it did, there were only tiny paper cone cups. Definitely too small to rehydrate with. We were on the first floor and could hear toilets flushing during the night. The mattresses were comfortable but the room was much smaller than I was expecting. Overall the hotel was an okay value for the money, but had I known the issues I would have chosen another location.

The outside looks really dark at night, my daughter said it looks "creepy and haunted".The closet should be placed close to the entrance. Mirror should not be facing the bed. The writing table is placed oddly.

It was super close to I 5 in a good area for a solo female felt safe just wish they could match with a different motel for the same price is all cause I choose a safer area over a non safe area for me for the price but nothing really wrong with the motel would stay there again

Shower/tub drain was slow, bed comforter was heavy, property was dated. My expectation was set on my previous experience at Lehi, UT and San Jose, CA Hampton inns.

Bed was comfortable and breakfast was good!

Staff seemed indifferent, room layout was less than optimal, chair blocked the closet, bed was hard, pillows were small and old, carpet was thin to non existent.

Location was perfect, but not up to the usual Hampton standards.

The shuttle service runs 24 hrs a day and will transport between the hotel, the mall, and the airport. They even stored our bags and loaded them on the shuttle to pick us up from the mall and go directly to the airport on our day of check out. Great service! The breakfast was fairly standard, but the staff were all so friendly that the breakfast stood out as a high point for the hotel. We will stay here probably every time we visit Seattle.

Can’t think of anything I didn’t like

Easy access location (just off I-5) next to big mall and tons of restaurants. Half the price that it would cost to stay in Seattle (our final destination) and Seattle was a short 30min drive away. Free breakfast was plentiful and had lots of variety. Andrew (nightshirt front desk staff) was very helpful and accommodating

We arrived late and were very tired. Room was very nice, sheets were a little rumpled but that is not a big deal. Breakfast was good with a wide variety of options. There was only one garbage can and it was full when we left.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

better drain in the shower

Great service from the front desk. Breakfast was good. Great hotel shuttle from and to the airport as well as to and from the car rental agency.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our King Study was just a regular king room with a sofa crammed in. Since we wanted the extra seating to have a 3 hour family gathering, it was just ok for this. Tight for the 13 of us!

Pretty good bed/pretty good breakfast with standard fare. Staff was wonderful to us. We had 3 rooms next to each other (my sisters booked the other 2 rooms) this was perfect for late night chatting.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Excellent location for visiting and exploring everything around Seattle area. Westside shopping malls are within walking distance but driving rented car is much better. Compared to Seattle downtown, Tukwila is a fresh breathe of freedom in terms of parking. Hotel has lots of parking space. There are more spaces around the corner of the building. Breakfasts are fulfilling. View from window was on first (ground floor) to a pool. But you don't come to this place for views, do you. You drive to Mt Rainier, Boeing factory, Redmond, etc to enjoy eye feats. Interstate highway is just within 300 metres, so getting out to Snoqualme Falls or Mt Rainier was easy. Room included ironing facility, coffee making kettle, coffee and a spacious bathroom. There is a safe you can program yourself. Very convenient. Something quite normal in the US, but not so in Europe where you have to interact with Reception for such services.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

While the room was small, it had a feature I loved - a desk on wheels; allowed me to get very comfortable and do my work. Really clean room that was nicely appointed. Lovely staff dropped the ball a little and did not properly reschedule my wake-up call, but they made up for it by being extremely helpful and friendly. Not much is really close to the hotel, but within about a mile, there is a huge mall and tons of restaurants, close enough for me to walk.

We really do not have anything that we did not like about this hotel.

The buffet was well stocked and the waffles were excellent! The other breakfast items met our needs and would be good for almost every guest. When I go back to Seattle, I will come back to this hotel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool could have been cleaner and clearer, And hot tub. Grits for breakfast and bacon would have been great!

Bed slept great. Staff super friendly. Shuttle drivers great. Would stay here again.

Property seems tired - needs some serious TLC. Rooms facing highway are very noisy. Breakfast is typical SAD - limited choices and very crammed breakfast room. Coffee is good though!

Staff and especially Debra went out of her way to deal with certain issues that cropped up. Location is good with easy access to highways.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was fantastic. We requested early check in So my husband could lay down and they worked very hard to accommodate us. We had a room by 12:15. The room was very clean.

Ac machine was a weeeee bit loud.

Everything was clean and tidy. Pool was welcoming , with towels available. Everything clearly labeled, easy to find, and breakfast was all very good and a great variety. Bagels were big and soft:). The hotel staff are all helpful. I needed a safety pin for a dress and I knew the front desk would help and they did. Keys worked really good too 😭👍

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff were all very helpful from the reception staff to the gentleman who at the breakfast service made our waffles for us and the lady who drove the shuttle. Our flight arrived into seatac at 1.30 in the morning but the hotel sent the shuttle for us and had our check in ready for us when we arrived so we could go straight to bed! Shuttled us to the light link rail next morning again free of charge! Hotel was spotless and well stocked. Very happy with our stay and would readily stay again.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Breakfast is excellent.Shuttle service is on time.Appreciate the help of Kristen and Donna at the desk and shuttle service.If I will return to Tukwila ,I will stay in this place again.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

Internet was spotty and unavailable at night. Closet was not accessible to all. Room was dark and could use additional lighting. We were on the ground floor and kept our drapery drawn closed most of the time. If we were on a higher floor, we could have opened up the drapery and allowed the natural light in to our room. Breakfast meats could use more variety. All three mornings we had a form of link sausage, which has a very distinctive taste. Would like to see more in the form of bacon, ham, little smokies, etc.

Great selection of breakfast foods and drink. Conveniently located to airport, shopping center, & Costco. Staff was great.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The recent policy to charge a $50 incidental fee Is a banking nightmare. So they charge $50 then if you charge room snacks they charge the card on top of the 50 And then it takes a week for the deposit to come back off your debit card after you check out. It's just rediculous.

Great price for a premium property

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They made it clear that they were unhappy that we booked through AAA (you). There were minor problems with the room...we asked for a different one. They said they couldn't do anything about that...we'd have to call you. If they don't want your business (our business) why did they accept the reservation at all?

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would be nice to have real cutlery at breakfast.

The linens were wonderful, bed was great. Room well-appointed. Staff very friendly, we were greeted by everyone. Close to easy freeway access and easy to get to Southcenter Mall.

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Could use an electric car charging station

Each time I have stayed, even though the staff has changed, the reception has been the same. Quite pleasant.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No free bottled water in rooms.Pillows would have been fluffier.

Bed was comfortable. Room was clean. Ample lighting. Washroom has amenities. Great staff.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was not close to elevator as requested, in fact it was one of the farthest rooms from the elevator. The sink in the bathroom was plugged and was draining very slowly. No heat lamp in the bathroom to keep warm after showering.

Breakfast was decent,

• Reviewed: 17 December 2016

No issues everything was great

We really enjoyed the stay unfortunately I came down with the flu and had to cut trip short but we will definitely be staying with you again

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The heat in my room didn't work, although the manager did bring me a space heater when I complained. The hot water control in the shower was locked so I couldn't get really hot water to run a bath. The best it would do was slightly warmer than lukewarm, but definitely not really hot. The staff said there was nothing they could do about the water temperature.

Breakfast included eggs and sausage, in a bright clean breakfast room (but with a blaring TV.) My room was clean and quiet. Nice-sized bathroom. Staff was friendly and tried to be helpful.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I really can't think of a thing I'd change.

Pavel? I think her name was Pavel. She was at the front desk and really accommodating. Very friendly staff. Loved the free shuttle service.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Huge water stain on the ceiling. I was on the top floor and stayed overnight because of a huge wind/rain storm. Hoping the roof held up over my room!

Nice hotel Clean room

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were surprisingly spacious. Although is was close to the freeway the rooms were quite. The parking is FREE!!!

• Reviewed: 27 September 2016

The breakfast is a good idea, but the egg and meat dishes were sketchy each day. Also, was placed too close to smoking rooms and I am sensitive to cigarette smoke. It was sold out so I couldn't move.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The airconditioning system automatically turns on and off together with the fan even though its not on an auto mode. Front desk told us that it is supposed to do that.. anyway It just made sleeping a little bit difficult.

The room and the hotel is very clean. The breakfast buffet was included with our stay, food was great. The kitchen staff was very accomodating while we were having our breakfast 😊

Seemed a bit overpriced but we were staying during peak season so it made sense.

Breakfast was great and staff was very friendly! The room and facility was very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some confusion with staff and room booking made on line which cause one group member to have to move rooms mid stay.

Great facility, clean, good location for our purpose.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Traffic noise from the nearby I405 was a little disturbing.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Excellent free shuttle service to local public transport links and airport.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Spacious comfortable room. Great breakfast with lots of choice including fresh fruit salD. staff on hand repkenishing supplies and tidying up. shuttle to take us to Tukwila light rail to get into downtown Seattle Nice pool and hot tub

• Reviewed: 15 August 2016

Not enough room for four suitcases

Excellent and helpful staff who offered to drive us to the light rail to Seattle Comfortable room Quiet location Lots of restaurants nearby Coffee/tea and fruit available around the clock Free parking Wifi worked Nice breakfast area Near Flight Museum

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The location was a little bit tough to navigate, but that's Seattle's fault, not Hamptons!

Great continental breakfast, staff was very efficient and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The shuttle driver was not very friendly. We thought we were going to the lite rail and instead we went to the airport to pick some up. When one of the other riders asked him if were going to the lite rail he acted as if he didn't know we wanted to go there. No apology.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

did not realize that my hhonors points would not carry over on this reservation. I will not use a 3rd party to book room in the future.

bed was so comfy. breakfast was over the top.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was excellent and changed daily. All staff members were friendly, helpful and efficient. Everyone went out of their way to make our group feel welcome.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Priced a bit high the 2nd night of our trip we went north and stayed at a nice place with a pool wonderful breakfast great location full restaurant 2 adjoining rooms cost $120 less we wanted to stay 2 nights at your facility but at$356 per night we couldn't do it.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Eggs were not fluffy, more like plastic and tasteless. I smelled stale cigarette residue when entering the hotel and ocassional times in the evenings

Bed was ok

• Reviewed: 30 June 2016

The airport shuttle was too full for our entire party of seven with tons of luggage. The hotel paid for a taxi for the rest of us. They reserved an entire shuttle to fit all of us all and our luggage for our return trip to the airport!

cost exceeded value. the friends I travelled with paid $45 less than me!

hmmmm….

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Mattress sagged in the middle. Reception staff could use some training in giving clear directions over public transport.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Extremely load in room from roads

Shower was great and bed was noce but pillows were hard

Great for a stopover in our way to Portland. Was worried about proximity to busy roads but don't recall hearing much from our room!

Needs updating

Breakfast Size of room Tv was easy to use

The breakfast was outstanding.

Nothing, it was great

Clean, quiet and comfortable

breakfast was rather chaotic — large crowd and a challenge for kitchen staff to keep up

very friendly, efficient staff - great shuttle operators

comfy bed, good breakfast, helpful desk.

The room was quiet, the bed was comfortable and breakfast was filling.

Excellent breakfast

I did not like being woken up every hour by the house keeping employees.

The bed was very comfortable and the whole place felt really clean. Great little hot breakfast. Would definitely stay here again.

Very clean and staff was very accommodating.

Continenal Breakfast

There was blood on my pillow

Bed was very comfy

Me 15 yr. Daughter booked the room for me several week ahead. And me business chance to another city and I could not suiches my reservation.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff went above and beyond! Super friendly and helpful navigating around the area.

Good choices for breakfast

Need to update hotel

Rooms were comfortable. Breakfast was good. Shuttle was great. Front desk was helpful.

Very nice breakfast. Good beds. We appreciated the quiet location of our room since we had had a very long day coming from New Zealand.

Little small

Close to Starfire

5+ trains throughout the night woke me up.

Price and convenience to shopping, restaurants and Seattle medical facilities

People smoking pot down the hall.