Reviews of Hampton Inn - Spokane Airport 3 stars

2010 South Assembly Road, Spokane, 99224, USA

#7 of 37 hotels in Spokane

On our second morning the only eggs offered were mixed with ham, and the other protein offered was bacon, so nothing pork free. The waffles did not have the strawberry topping with whipped cream that other chains offer.

Pool and cleanliness

Honestly everything was spot on absolutely no complaints

Nice clean room and beds were clean and comfy. Quite, very very very clean. Also allowed a late check out no problem was super appreciated, as we were late night check ins

They put me in a very nice room on the ground floor right next to the door. Problem was there was a screaming toddler next door and the parents were screaming back. The staff kindly moved me to another room but a girls sports team arrived and were running up and down the hall loudly talking and slamming door. It did quiet down after 11pm.

Good breakfast and accommodating staff.

Nothing to like

Old and dirty lobby furniture! We did not want to take a shower tacky looked bad. The worse breakfast ever. We just threw it away. The juices were deluted! Why even bother about serving a breakfast! Just fruit rolls and coffee. Can not do any thing wrong with that. The door to the room looked like it had been broken into could see the hall all around the door! And the beds are hard very uncomfortable. I can not believe this is a Hilton hotel! Will not stay there again! Also the workers there are very unhappy with their jobs and just do the least possible. Do not smile almost ignoring us. Also the van drivers drive so fast and reckless. We even had to stop at airport to pickup (looked like could be illegals) maids. We thought it was strange.

• King Room - Accessible

The noise from the room above kept me awake. Insulation is poor Because it's close to the airport people got up at 2 and made lots of noise until 4. Guess they had an early flight.

convenient location

i was pretty much happy with it all

the best part is the amazing breakfast and the 24 hour pool kids had tons of fun and i would recommend this hotel to anyone just looking to take the kids for a lil vaca

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Exceptional staff, the restaurant is surprisingly good, tons of parking, very easy to get to the airport - this is my go-to hotel for traveling through Spokane!

Everything was great! Wish we could have stayed longer.

The gracious staff won us over. Extremely nice and professional. They took care of all our needs and was most helpful. We had an early flight out and they prepared snacks for us to take with us since we were going to miss breakfast. Loved that♥️. Would love to visit again for a longer stay.

The eggs could have been a little warmer but they were still womderful

The experience as a whole was amazing! The bed was fabulous! They even arranged it so that we could stay in the same room both nights cause the first night was a walk in.

Surprise "extra" hotel fees. When I booked it said I would be charged $289 including taxes and fees. When I check out it was about $4 more than that.

Provide transportation to the new casino

Everyone was great....we stay at the Hampton when we do a casino weekend. We might rethink this stay (after years of doing this) because we would like to have gone out to the new casino but they will only provide transportation to Quest Casino....we were very disappointed we didn't get to check out the new casino.

Didn't know how to ask for more towels and pillows.

Wonderful breakfast. Super fun time in the pool..even if the water killed my eyes and my son's. Enjoyed time in workout room.

Previous ratings gave the restaurant a high rating but we were disappointed to find it was just a simple bistro, with very limited menu. Mind you we didn't find anything else local that was any good. Access from I-90 was confusing. I picked this because I assumed it was easy on and off but it is a round about way either way you go.

Breakfast was great, staff were friendly, check in was quick.

Can't think of anything.

Staff super efficient and friendly. Great comfy mattress and good pillow choices. Good TV that rotated. Efficient and easy to adjust heating system. Nice to have an early to-go breakfast bag as we had to leave for am early flight. Also free 14 day parking and airport shuttle.

No cookies for us since we got back from an event late. There were only two left and 11 of us Also no shuttle down town which we had used for years to go to the Nutcracker and come back to the hotel.

The staff is just the best and they have a 24 hr pool and hot tub!

Better selection of swimming suits in the gift shop.

I love staying at the Hampton Inn. It's a very well managed hotel. Everyone is so friendly and helpful.

The night front desk guy wasn't so friendly but he got the job done.....maybe he was just acclimating to night shift.

Quiet. Welcoming. The room personnel were so friendly! The breakfast lady was so nice. Front desk always greeted us so warmly. It was a nice stay!

• King Room - Accessible

We see our children twice a year. This facility was originally tried for its location convenience. We found it to be clean, convenient, and staffed, all around, with friendly and helpful people. We've already booked another stay for a month from now.

Staff is super friendly from front desk to housekeeping. Very clean and comfortable. Close to the airport. 24 hr shuttle and 24 the pool and hot tub.

Nothing other than our time went by too fast.

Quiet with friendly staff and great breakfast. Like that fact services are available all day. Easy to come and go from the location.

no free wifi thats the only thing we would of liked but didnt have wifi keeps the kids busy and quiet

the continental breakfast was amazing the 24hour pool was awesome the room was nice clean and comfortable

Spokane is known for fresh fruit and great farming, so fresh seasonal options at breakfast would make things feel al little special, as though you are trying to intentionally please your customers. Less corporate feel...perhaps just one employee could make this happen.

Outstanding property. Bistro restaurant on site, beautiful grounds and a very comfortable room, great bed, nice bath. A great staff to greet and help as well.

Very clean, great amenities. The breakfast was fantastic! I loved that the pool & gym were available 24 hours a day! I would definitely stay here again!!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

that we couldn't stay longer.

everything - top notch establishment- highly recommend it. room was perfect. staff was very friendly and accommodating. breakfast was better than any hotel. pool was very nice. grounds around hotel are very well kept - beautiful flowers and trees.

Our eyes burned both days in the pool area that we couldn't even stay in it. Went to the desk to ask about it and Rich at the desk couldn't care less. He is extremely rude. All other staff were very nice.

Love that the pool and hot tub open 24 hours. Great breakfast.

• King Room - Accessible

The receptionist wouldn't give me my AAA discount because I didn't make the reservation directly with them. I guess they don't want us booking online through other companies. However, at Hampton Inn in Portland, I could use my AAA discount. Must be a Spokane rule. Very surprising and disappointing.

The landscaping is absolutely beautiful! That gives a first impression that you care about your business. It is very welcoming!

No complaints or suggestions

Staff very friendly and efficient. Property clean, sell maintained, beautiful landscaping, convenient to airport Bistro food and service excellent and price reasonable Felt safe and comfortable Grand children enjoyed the pool

I really wanted eggs for breakfast, but they were mixed with sausage and peppers for breakfast burritos. I don't eat sausage and the other protein served along side of the eggs that day was more sausage. I would put a little more variety on the line of hot food. I opted for a boiled egg, but there was a note on the microwave not to heat it up. I don't eat cold eggs, so I ate raisin bran when I would have preferred a hot breakfast.

The staff and accommodations were great. I liked that we could stay in after traveling all day, and go to the café downstairs and eat dinner. The room was clean, which was very important to us.

Very old property in need of renovation. Asked for rooms close to elevator and lobby..did not even know what rooms were clean an did not check with housekeeping. Expensive as expected in Seattle but would not stay again as much newer properties close

Breakfast good

• King Room - Accessible

It was somewhat difficult to find and drive to without GPS.

This hotel has a cafe. The breakfast options were very good. They also offered a lunch bag for travelers. Very clean. Very hospitable.

Wouldn't change a thing!

We were helped by Alex she made us feel like we were at home. We really liked the fact the pool and fitness center was 24 hrs. Best breakfast if ever had. Beds were so comfy it was hard to wake up! Lol

The cleaners were very friendly and helpful. However, they were very heavy handed, and the knocks on doors down the hall were unsettling, and even jarring to the senses. Our thoughts were that a big man was using his forearm to assure no one was present in each room. They did not go about cleaning quietly either - they were laughing loudly with each other, and slamming things around as they went about their jobs in adjacent rooms. It was not relaxing from around 9 a.m. until close to evening.

Almost everything.

• Family Suite with One King and Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

No bathroom in the pool room, they were outside but when kids have to go, you hurry and then you are locked out. Breakfast area was really cramped for space, particularly getting from the food to a table (if there was one available).

Quiet, comfortable, suite that held our family of 6 (not easy to find). Forget the kitchen area in the suites and put in another bathroom or at least a toilet and sink mirror area, that many people all trying to get ready at the same time is difficult with only 1.

Lots of hotels in area near airport... but I never heard any planes.

Newer but there wasn't to much around the area ... you had to drive 5 miles to find other restaurants.. there was a little restaurant right in the lobby but was limited. Location was execlent for our travel plans. Stayed gosnd returning from our travel destination . Granddaughter loved the 24 hour pool .. hot tub was wonderful too after driving all day.

Honestly, there is so much to love here, I feel bad being nit picky. Yes. The iPhone GPS will take you the wrong way. Luckily, I know the area. So, I didn't have any trouble getting down the final few turns. It IS a little off the beaten path, but can be seen by the main road. While the property itself is stunning, the old Sunset Highway area is a bit of an abandoned highway with no services within walking distance. (There is a golf course about a two minute drive up the road. There are also beautiful, wild walking trails with city views along the bluff, which is about 5 minute by car.) Most of the food is good, but I wish they wouldn't use preservatives on the fresh fruit. It left an odd taste and made my tongue tingle. Also, since they are committed to be more ecologically responsible, I wish they would swap out their plastic stir sticks for wood sticks. No one needs more plastic garbage.

I travel every six weeks. So, there are certain details I notice. The room, bedding and so forth was extremely clean. The pillows and bed itself were comfortable. I appreciated the large selection of TV channels, including channels for preschool-age children. The nightlight was perfectly positioned to be light enough to get up in the middle of the night without keep you up at night. There was enough room to move comfortably around the room. EVERY staff member was incredibly friendly and helpful. The grounds are gorgeous! There is a nice selection of breakfast items each day. The bread is incredible! It tasted like it came form the Great Harvest Bread company or another fine bakery. I liked that there was an on-site restaurant. However, we didn't use it from lunch or dinner. So, I cannot rate their service. I also noticed that they offer a shuttle to the airport, casino and restaurants. I can see how this would come in handy for people, who fly in and out.

There was no handicapped accessible room available, though one was requested, and the sink in the room was so high and so wide as to be nearly unusable. Luckily I travel with a small step stool, but even using that I could barely reach the faucet.

The room and common areas were great, so was the staff and food!

For our stay and needs there wasn't anything negative about this property

24-7 pool and workout facility. Free breakfast. Ample parking, friendly staff, clean and quiet.

We slept in on Sunday morning and they ran out of several items on the breakfast buffet.

The swimming pool and hot tub was awesome! Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and comfortable.

We selected the Hampton Inn because we were driving East to West on the I 90 and needed somewhere close to the freeway near Spokane. We very much appreciated the large room after 3 nights in a shoe box. We had a room looking towards the freeway. There was some traffic noise in the evening peak hour but nothing worth mentioning overnight. The breakfast had a few options each for cereals, cooked things, fruit, juice, etc. More than enough for us. My wife appreciated the quality soap on the wash basin. I appreciated the in house laundry. We didn't see any dust or dirty spots in our room or in the laundry. This is a very clean place. We eat dinner at the hotel. For a simple meal it was good and the happy hour drinks helped keep the cost down. The hotel runs a shuttle service if you want to go out for a meal.

When driving to the hotel my family's Initial impression was one of disappointment. Because the road approaches the hotel from the backside, there is little signage or identifying features that the hotel is a Hampton Inn. Once you pull around to the front of hotel, you are rewarded with an aesthetically pleasing view. I'd recommend placing an illuminated Hampton Inn logo on the rear of the building.

Having access to the pool and fitness areas 24hrs a day is wonderful!

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

It is a little hard to figure out how to get back on I-90.

We can drive through Spokane in the afternoon with little traffic problems, then traveling west we are again out of traffic in the morning.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Our room had an adjoining door and that allowed sound from that room into ours as if there were no separation. I would request a room that did not adjoin another unless you book both rooms yourself.

Very clean and comfortable

• King Room - Accessible

The refrigerater in the room didn't work.

The room was really nice and clean. Breakfast was better than average. The pool area had a real nice see thru top.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Staff didn't seem to be prepared for the large number of guests for Sunday morning breakfast, so had a challenge keeping up with demand. We arrived about 9am (service ended at 10am) and had to wait about 10-15 minutes for food to be brought out. Staff member in charge of food was very pleasant and did a good job trying to keep up, but seemed overwhelmed with high demand. Food trays empty again about 3 or 4 minutes after she filled them. Hot oatmeal container empty when we arrived for breakfast and never refilled.

Everything about this hotel was great! Ample parking, comfortable and clean room, friendly staff, great location, easy access to freeway and downtown Spokane, good breakfasts. Loved having a little store on site for various sundries and snacks ... especially popcorn for the in-room microwave. Great value. Will definitely stay here again on future trips to Spokane.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Room was spacious and spotless. The bed was a King and soooo comfortable after a very long flight. The staff were so friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble, we would definitely stay here again and have already recommended it to our friends.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

I wouldn't have changed a thing

Everything was awesome. I am so thrilled we stayed here. We had a group with two couples and 5 children. They put our rooms side by side and the rooms were perfect. Beds, comfort, hospitality, breakfast, and location all very awesome. Thank You Hampton Inn.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Directions on the net were a little confusing.

The staff maintainance, housekeeping, clerks were so accomadating and friendly. Everyone seemed to say hello, smile and ask if there was anything they could help with.

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

I honestly cannot think of a thing.

The pool is open 24 hours and the breakfast was amazing! So many options and no corners cut, it is also offered for a longer period than most places! Check out time is also later so i didn't feel rushed. The staff were the friendliest I have ever experienced and the place had a wonderful layout, clean and cozy. I love the area to sit by the fire and write. I may come back just to hang out. It was a great time!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Only wish we could have stayed more than a few hours!

This was without a doubt the largest, nicest Hampton Inn I've stayed in, and I've stayed in many. Great facility, including the lobby, pool, workout, bistro, everything.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Staff were all very friendly! Clean rooms, hotel in general looked clean and modern/updated. The little store in the lobby was very convenient and had a good selection of various items. We definitely enjoyed our stay and even extended an extra night. I absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Shuttle - almost 30 minutes, all the other shuttles arrived before ours and I called when we landed. Restraunt unwilling to serve me, more into chatting with the sporting crowd!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

We had some issues with the shuttle service the gentleman driving the shuttle was more interested in taking a group of intoxicated women places instead of serving other guests at the same time. Once inside the shuttle with these other intoxicated women the shuttle driver allowed a argument to ensue. It was inappropriate and quite frankly I was shocked that he he didn't do anything to intervene. Later on we called the hotel front desk to be picked up and we were informed the driver would be there in 20 minutes. We waited for over an hour and ended up taking a casino shuttle instead of the hotel shuttle. I specifically chose this hotel for its cleanliness and because it has shuttle service to the casino for a concert we were attending.

Cleanliness is very important to me. The room and the entire inside of the hotel we're very clean.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2016

No venting in toilet and tub section, no door between washroom and bed room

room size, access to highway, all was clean, new furniture and new good beds

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

The complimentrary breakfast quality varied day to day, one day was horrible, dry eggs and meat served, next day delivious bagel toppers

Cucumber water in the lobby was excellent. Room was spacious and clean, rate was great

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Breakfast was good but not a huge choice for those with dietary restrictions, but you definitely had plenty to choose for the average person.

We were very pleased with everything, the gym facilities were clean and modern, the room was clean and comfortable, the staff was very accommodating.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

The hotel is visible from the interstate (we've driven by many times and seen it from the road), but not as easy to access as one would think. We got there fine however with our smartphone, and then found the location perfect for our west side activities.

Several friends and I came to town for a funeral and called the property for early check-in so we could freshen up from our drive before attending the service nearby. They were quick to say they would make it happen and we had the room when we arrived. The hotel is beautiful, inside and out, with flowers around the grounds and sitting areas throughout. The lobby is very big and you can sit around the fireplace during breakfast and look out on the lovely "garden-like" patio that is off the indoor pool. The restaurant just off the reception doubles as the breakfast area. It worked beautifully, and the staff both in the evening and in the morning were very attentive and friendly. The evening appetizers and the breakfast were all great! They even have sack breakfasts lined up on the counter for those who have to leave very early! The room was well equipped with frig, and the sink area being separate from the shower and toilet worked well for we three ladies. I love the bedding...so luxurious!

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

signage to find lobby when you pull into the lot, not very clear.

beds very comfortale, large spacious bathroom, very helpful staff.left phone in room, very quickly gave a key to get back in and we were back on our journey in minutes.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

I mistakenly booked room with 2 queens instead of 1 King. I called front desk and she just said that was what I booked. No offer to move to King room, or even a "So sorry" I can't move you. Kind of snippy.

Comfy beds, great soap,

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Requested away from ice machine and noise placed next to elevator and ice machine. Not good master tLock between rooms did not work. Very scary. Tub stopper screw came apart.

Bed , linens got high floor . Thank you .

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

This was my second time staying at this location and both times the staff was very friendly, rooms were large and comfortable, area felt very safe, and breakfast was delicious! Couldn't ask for a better hotel in the Spokane area!

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

Stafff was aware of noisy neighbor but put us across the hall anyway. We asked to move and were accommodated , but why put us there to begin with . An inconvenient move.

Clean comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

The Wifi

The ladies in the breakfast buffet area were very helpful and worked very well with a busy crowd. One particular lady , Danielle stands out, always smiling and checking in on everyone and making sure she was accommodating them. This was my view over a 3 day period.

• Reviewed: 1 August 2016

Not really anything.

Very nice staff at breakfast- nice selection of food. My son said they were a great staff. Gentleman who picked us up at the airport was also wonderful.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

We stay in the Spokane area frequently. This was our first time at the Hampton Inn. The minute we walked through the door, the atmosphere was one of comfort. I think the difference for us was in the details. The extra courtesy of the staff, the fresh cookies in the afternoon, the beyond typical free breakfast. This combined with the cleanliness, upkeep and inviting decor of the entire facility will bring us back to the Hampton Inn, again.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

The facilities were spotless, especially the pool and hot tub. The staff were wonderful to us, thanks !! And the food in the onsite restaurant was great. This was one of the nicest Hamptons we've stayed in.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Room - Accessible

This motel is clean & convenient to the airport. I appreciate the friendly shuttle service and the entire staff is exceptional! My grandkids love the pool & hot tub and we all enjoy staying here!

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

It helps to have a car if you want to get to downtown Spokane.

Good beds and very clean facilities. Nice that they have a bag breakfast for guests leaving before 6 a.m.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

While the staff were friendly and helpful, we were less than impressed with the in-house restaurant. The food was expensive and we didn't feel like it met the expectations we would have for how much we paid.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was great.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

The woman who takes care of the breakfast area deserves a raise! She is friendly and cheerful and goes out of her way to try to make the breakfast experience enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Every person on the staff was very friendly, always had a smile and said good morning,etc. The rooms were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was wonderful every morning.Very quiet location too!

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

Some noise from above guests was a little loud

The staff at breakfast were extremely friendly and helpful. Observed excellent communication between staff and young children!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Nicest Hampton Inn we have stayed at. Very helpful in every way. From setting up airport transfers to helping us get our luggage to our room (a first!). Very nice "bistro" area. Coffee available anytime. Nice pool and fitness area. We can't say anything in complaint. Has restored my faith in the Hampton name.

• Reviewed: 29 June 2016

Its a wonderful experience! My family all love it! Friendly staff, delicious breakfast buffet, beautiful swimming pool and excellent service!!!! Highly recommend!!!

there were no restaurants within walking distance

very comfortable room; excellent beds, clean and modern; excellent breakfast; friendly staff