Reviews of Hampton Inn St. Augustine-Historic District 3 stars

2050 North Ponce de Leon Boulevard, St. Augustine, FL 32084, USA

#45 of 82 hotels in St. Augustine

Great night's sleep in a huge room
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking lot is very small. We left at 9pm to get food and had to circle the parking lot for 20 mins to get a space when we returned. The staff had to located a person who was taking up two spaces and have them park correctly so we could park.

The room was huge and the bed was very comfortable. We slept like logs. The room had it's own zoned a.c. system complete with thermostat and wall vents. No wall mounted a.c. unit to make the room noisy. The hotel is solidly built and very quiet. No creaking floors or banging plumbing. We didn't hear a single noise from the neighboring rooms. The pool and hot tub were both very clean and enjoyable.

The outdoor pool was nice, clean, small but refreshing.

Always stay at the Hampton Inn and never had anything bad to say until now. The nighttime staff was incredibly rude. No parking when we got in late. We were told that we could park in the no parking zone or at the Best Western next door. No parking so we were instructed to park behind the dumpster. The hotel was not as close to any shopping or attractions as thought. We still had to drive and pay for parking since my mother is handicap. Stayed on the 3rd floor. The hallway had debris from the ceiling when we checked in and it was still there when we checked out. Only 1 Elevator and was super small. Breakfast was ok but limited. Not worth the extra money we paid. Will stay somewhere else in the future.

The outdoor pool was nice, clean, small but refreshing.

Everything but door issue.
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathroom door was badley sticking. Had children with us and couldn't shut the door fully because they didn't have the strength to push it open, it stuck that bad, I couldn't imagine a handicapped person trying to open or close. Had to order more linens and shampoos due to 5 people in the king suit, king bed and 2 sofa beds. Other than that, very good stay.

Everything but door issue.

Room good, parking breakfast not good.

breakfast was poor -- not enough items and not refilled well before the 10am deadline. pictures of hotel did not match actual property. front desk person not that friendly-- workers were very friendly wasn't as convenient to downtown as thought it would be parking was challenging-- not enough spaces for quests had to park in neighboring hotel parking lot.

beds were comfy. bathroom was good size.

terrible!

The carpet was loose and I fell. The shower head was loose falling off the wall! The gravy was like water. It was very poorly put together for a Hampton! The staff though was very nice.

Overnight comfort enjoyed before continuing our road trip south.

We did not have any concerns with our overnight stay in this Hampton Inn.

We were just staying overnight on a return road trip from North Carolina, but we love Hampton Inn hotels and this one was just as awesome as others we have stayed. We greatly enjoy the breakfast buffet, as well as the various selections of coffee. The breakfast buffet is varied in its menu, well tended and the tables are plentiful allowing for seating comfort for the hotel's residents.

Bed was comfortable

Ate breakfast standing up one morning.no room to sit..out of waffle mix and breads if you got there with half hour left.table chairs and floor a mess..exercise room smallest of any hotel I've stayed at and nothing to clean equipment

Bed was comfortable

My friend and I truly enjoyed our stay and know we'll be back.

Need more sitting area in the breakfast area.

Had stayed at this hotel before and knew I would not be disappointed. My friend was totally surprised of how great the accommodation was. Staff was friendly and accommodating. Will recommend this hotel to family and friends.

Would try and find a place closer to major attractions.

I asked if the bathroom sink stopper could be fixed nothing was done. There were no racks for towels and the bath towels were so high on a shelf I had to step on the toilet to reach them.

friendly staff

Very disappointed

The plumbing in the room was not working properly. The sink spit out water and the shower faucet was very lose so the shower would not completely engage

The staff was excellent. Very friendly and knowledgeable of the area

Great customer service and clean- would stay again!!!

The noise outside the hotel was a lot. There was a woman playing the violin until midnight and then it sounded like they were cleaning the streets.

Room was very nice and clean. Nice furnishings. Lots of outlets which is always a plus!

I loved it!

No cons for this hotel in my opinion

The breakfast in the morning was not rushed like some hotels do. The staff was very attentive to the area and kept it fresh and stocked. They changed up the menu each morning. There were omelets, sausage, bacon, waffles, fruit, cereal...They had fresh coffee 24/7. Plus, fresh baked cookies everyday at 5pm! I've never spent so much time in the lobby of a hotel and just enjoyed it.

Overall a very pleasant stay and would certainly recommend to others.

We did not like that there were no drawers to put clothing in. The trays provided were not suitable for clothing and very limited.

We liked the cleanliness of the room and overall hotel. The hotel staff was very professional and accommodating.

A perfect hotel a little out of the way!!!

Since it was our first time in St. Augustine, we thought since the hotel was in the historic district we would be close to what there was to see and do, but it was quite a distance to where we wanted to be.

The room was very CLEAN. The beds were comfortable. The breakfast buffet was one of the best I have had complimentary. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Overall a good experience, very frustrated that the TV could not be fixed.

The direct TV did not work most of the time we were there. Staff tried many things to fix it. It was disappointing as I was looking forward to watching MNF.

Great breakfast and warm cookies in the afternoon

Good trip. Would use Booking .com again. This was our first experience.

The staff was extremely helpful whenever we asked a question. They went out of their way to help in every way. Location was great. Everything we came to see in Night of Lights was within 5 minutes. Room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was very good. All in all it was a very nice place to stay in St. Augustine. We would recommend.

If location didn’t matter I’d stay there again

See above

There were only 2 things I didn’t like about the property. First I would say it’s not in the historic district. It was over a mile walk to that area. Secondly, the walls between the rooms are VERY thin. We heard everything happening in the hall and the room next door. On the plus side they employees couldn’t have been nicer or more helpful and the rooms seemed brand new. Excellent breakfast too

A nice hotel very well located for sightseeing, but a bit overpriced

Breakfast choices were not very good. Swimming pool a bit close to the road

A nice hotel, rooms very comfortable and spotlessly clean. No great views from the bedrooms. Swimming pool not in a great location very close to the road. Breakfast choice was poor in the morning.

OK

I would like you to consider putting a fan system in the bathroom. After taking a shower the bathroom is so steamed up that you have to open the door. I find that not very private.

It's (the review) still up in the air :(
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed was not very comfortable, but the pillows were soft. They had horrible WiFi service and the TV channels kept going out. Plus the ATM didn't work, but the MAIN thing that REALLY ruined the overall stay was when I went to go checkout and my card was over-billed by almost $400, I was quoted and booked at $626.53 for my stay through booking.com and was charged $991.20 for the stay; along with I'm assuming a $50 incidental deposit. I was told I would be credited the difference back to my card, but the difference maxed out my card until I receive the refund; thank god I had extra credit/cash for the trip.

The room was quite large and very clean. The shower was huge; could have probably fit 6 people in it, which was nice, not like most hotel chains that have smaller bathrooms in your room. The desk staff was friendly and breakfast was fresh.

Over all a good experience and good location close to historic downtown.

Our room felt damp like there was a lot of moisture in the air and it smelled like it use to be a smoking room. The lighting in the room was really fluorescent and bright.

The staff was very friendly and helpful!

Too much for too little.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Accessible

Bathroom sink took a long time to drain, Only one safety bar in shower/tub. I fell. Disability rooms should have walk in shower. NO TUB. Room was too small for the price. Staff was very accommodating. I will not stay there again.

Breakfast selections were excellent. King Bed was comfortable

Our stay was satisfying, comfortable, and relaxing.

The parking was limited.

1:The hotel was quiet. 2: I normally have issues with pillows but found the pillows at this hotel very comfortable. 3: The staff was helpful in helping with locations around the city. 4: We left our "do not disturb" sign up all our stay and our room lacked nothing. 5: The breakfasts were wonderful and something different every day. 6: I loved the fact this hotel had soy option for milk replacement.

We only stayed overnight. It was okay for sleeping.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Accessible

The location was not great. It was too far away from the main part of St. Augustine. You could not just park and walk. The bed was a little bit too soft.

The person that checked us in was very nice, however he appeared to be the only person on duty. We did have a short wait. He was helping another guest that had a problem with their room.

Nice place to stay
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

We had those little crazy itty bitty ants on the side tables. The breakfast was adequate and good, but for the room price I expected maybe a little more.

We enjoyed the size of our room, plenty of space for two adults and three children. The huge walk in shower was nice. When we got there the gentleman at the front desk was quick and very nice and able to accommodate our early check in request.

I loved the cleanliness and the staff was helpful and...

Minuses - no one to help with luggage (do it yourself), no one offered to help. No little "store" where you could get something to eat, no in-house restaurant or cafe. I wouldn't stay there again because I was unable to have room service or at least something to eat. Any restaurant I had to drive or take a uber/trolley .

I loved the cleanliness and the staff was helpful and that's a plus. Breakfast a plus and by the way a very good breakfast.

Nice clean, friendly hotel but location a little far from down town . We took Uber, so no big deal.

The location was a bit further than I thought. Not your fault; mine. The room was not as cold as I like and we couldn't seem to get it any cooler. It was still a nice room.

Bed is very comfortable. Room was clean and the bathroom was spotless. The staff is very nice and the cookie was delicious. :-)

Our upgraded room sucked, I feel like we were taken by front...

Our upgraded room sucked, I feel like we were taken by front desk host. She failed to mention that we are going to hear a train 3 times per night and that "upgraded room" is facing very busy street, bearly got 2 hours of sleep and when I told this to hotel manager she just managed to say sorry.

Great 3 day stay!

Pool was near busy road, but surrounded by a secure wall.

Breakfast was great. Staff was friendly. Warm cookies in the afternoon:). Good sized bathroom.

A mix basket

There were some things, Like the shower head ring was broken that may be a small issue but at a dicounted price of 159.00 a night it should have been better Parking was a nightmare every time you went out you dread not having a parking spot upon your return

Yup that I won't take away bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 4 June 2017

GREAT PLACE TO STAY IN HISTORIC ST AUGUSTINE

No breakfast provided. Had a pricey restaurant where we could buy breakfast which was very crowed. Not easy when traveling with children. Restaurant closed early in the evening except for the bar.

Location breakfast

vacation

better pillows the TV after awhile would go to a black screen and then come back on the water pressure on 3rd floor was weak

the hotel is very clean there cleaning and maintenance crew are awesome the front desk very helpful

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Recommended

Sinks are inside the bathroom, making it hard for 2 people to get ready at the same time and no bathroom ventilation fan. As you can imagine this makes for a slightly uncomfortable experience.

Staff was very friendly, beds were comfy, breakfast was above average, rooms smelled clean, air conditioner worked well. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Costly vacation
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

When I got there, we had to cancel the last night of our 5 day stay due to some things we had to do at home. The girl said she would take care of it. When I checked out they still charged me for the extra day. The staff blamed it on booking.com. So that means I will never you booking again or never stay at another Hampton. I have to make a decision

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great time and a great place to stay close to everything.
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

The parking area was shared with another adjacent hotel and it was hard to tell if you were parking in the wrong place.

The breakfast was very good with a nice variety of product to choose from. The room was clean and neat.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Great stay in St. Augustine.

Nothing. It was a good value for the money.

Breakfast was great and I really enjoyed the coffee and tea available around the clock. Our room was comfortable and the staff was friendly.

Great stay! Will definitely return again.

Parking is scarce at night after 9p. Hotel does offer affordable transportation that runs until midnight.

Warm breakfast, cozy bed, room very clean, excellent customer sevice, only 5 min drive from historic parking garage!

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

I have been to numerous Hamptons.

The stafff. No one at the front desk. Keeped yelling for someone to come. Hallways had an odor. I called one week prior to going and was told from the booking agency that when I got to hotel they would adjust my rate. When I spoke to the desk manager he said that because I booked through the travel agent they could not adjust my rate. I paid after taxes almost 200.00 I could have cancelled and rebooked at a much cheaper rate. But was mislead.

I have been to numerous Hamptons. The beds were comfortable.

• Reviewed: 24 February 2017

Friendly, helpful staff. Excellent room.

Fyi- the bathroom had been repainted, but they forgot to finish behind the bathroom door.

It was the same great quality we have come to expect from Hampton Inn.

Friendly Staff

A little too far to walk to the downtown area, about 30 minutes

The staff was so helpful and friendly. The desk clerk mapped out our drive to a 5k we were in, as well as recommending the perfect breakfast location (Sea Biscuit) that had a delicious breakfast in the same area as our race.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2017

Make your vacation great stay @ a Hampton

Everything was fine had no problems we never due staying @ a Hampton always is an excellent choice

We have stayed @ this particular Hampton 3 different times & enjoy it very much especially the location

Clean spacious rooms near the trolley stops

The location was good in the sense that it was quiet on the outskirts of the historic district. With the Hop on Hop Off Trolley we only needed to move the car once a day. Although it would have been nice to be closer to the center of town the trade off is that it would have been noisier and more congested.

The rooms were spacious and clean. The breakfast had a nice choice of options from waffles to eggs, fruit, cereals, etc.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Staff very helpful. Morning breakfast satisfactory. Rooms clean.

Don't know the answer to this - but if there is a way that hotel personnel can check the halls after 10:00 pm for noise, it would be appreciated. I.e. screaming children running in the halls, adults yelling / talking loudly etc.

Room was clean. Bathroom clean.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2016

A quality experience

Friendly welcome, helpful staff and overall great experience from check in to check out! Comfort, cleanliness and a quality hotel always make any trip memorable. Thank you. We needed this getaway to enjoy St. Augustine and your hotel experience added to it. And as a vegetarian, I found great food options at breakfast a huge bonus. Thanks again and would love to be back. Dalya

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Room and pool very nice, a little pricey
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Accessible

The price was a little high for location. We thought we would be closer to Old Town.

The room was very clean. Pool was nice and clean. Continental breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The room was very clean the breakfast was very good

The room felt like it had fleas and the staff wasn’t there multiple times

The room was very clean the breakfast was very good

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

Variety of breakfast each day a different menu of items to...
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

Variety of breakfast each day a different menu of items to be chosen.

I recommend this hotel for the family!
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the carpet!!

I recommend this hotel for the family!! The breakfast is very good!!

Very enjoyable

The staff was so helpful with advice on transportation and attractions

Location is great.

A little pricey for a Hampton

Location is great.... good breakfast well maintained property

The property was in a good location, the staff was pleasant.

Location of the pool

The property was in a good location, the staff was pleasant.

Very pleasant convenient

Good laundry

fair
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Accessible

Price was way too high for facility. Bed was extremely uncomfortable. parking was limited.

Good complimentary breakfast, clean room and great staff

Very poor WiFi and noisy AirCon

Good complimentary breakfast, clean room and great staff

Good but room design could be better.

Room design forced you to live out of your suit case since drawer and shelf storage was limited.

Just so-so

Bed uncomfortable, toilet randomly would run, water in shower didn't drain

Outside and lobby areas looked nice.

Will definitely stay at this location next visit.

Not enough parking.

Best staff ever, good breakfast, nice room.

Our suite was larger than expected, and super quiet,...
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

Our suite was larger than expected, and super quiet, wonderful.

The front desk staff was wonderful - both as I checked in and as I was leaving!

The room was comfortable, the beds were good but I especially appreciated that plenty of towels were provided.

Good stay

Shower plumbing needs looked at

Disappointed in the overall service and felt that the room rate was way overpriced

The in room television did not work and there was no sense of urgency to fix the problem

Space of room ,internet, and comfort

Space of room ,internet, and comfort

Great breakfast and close to Visitor Center!
    • King Studio with Two Sofa Beds - Non-Smoking

Great breakfast and close to Visitor Center!

Lobby and beds

Lobby and beds

Excellent place to stay, loved it

Excellent place to stay, loved it

Complimentary breakfast and waffle maker!

Complimentary breakfast and waffle maker!

Every staff member was helpful and very pleasant to deal...

Every staff member was helpful and very pleasant to deal with.

Great!!

Need more handicapped bar at foot of tub

Would recommend to anyone

Coffee and gym were terrible

The bed was really comfortable and the location was fantastic

The room was comfortable and the bathroom super clean.

The room was small and did not have a good view.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom super clean. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The breakfast in the morning was great, the hotel was nice...

The breakfast in the morning was great, the hotel was nice and clean and super comfy

Very friendly & helpful staff at the front desk.

Nothing we didn't enjoy about it

Very friendly & helpful staff at the front desk. Continental breakfast was excellent!!!

Great location great breakfast clean room excellent staff

Water for tea was not either day!

Staff was excellent!