Reviews of Hampton Inn St. Petersburg 3 stars

1200 34th Street North, St Petersburg, FL 33713, USA

#13 of 31 hotels in St Petersburg

The pool and hot tub were very comfortable

Had a great time here. Breakfast were the best I've had at any motel every morning was something different with great selection

The pool and hot tub were very comfortable

Added to my list of places to stay!

We were unable to do laundry because the second floor was being renovated, which also meant the lift at the end of the hall was reserved for workers, unfortunate but acceptable.

I was concerned about my large new motorcycle parked where I couldn't see it from my room, staff allowed me to keep it to one side of the entrance veranda where it could be viewed 24hours by staff and allowed me to use a hose to wash off the love bugs. That was most appreciated. Also the free breakfast was outstanding. I completely ignored it at first thinking it would be the same carbo high fare of sugary cereals and sticky buns as other similar hotels, however upon inspection, I found hot food of scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon, toasts, porridge , etc. The dining area was comfortable and kept clean by an attendant. Upstairs, the room was spotless, comfortable, with thick towels in the bathroom and free wifi included. Highly Recommended.

Was a great hotel that I would stay in again next time I'm in the area.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Very nice lobby and room. Very comfortable bed. Parking was convenient. Check-in/check-out was quick and easy. Would stay there again if in area.

I have always had good stays at this hotel except this one time,but I will stay again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I got a bad case of bedbugs and had to visit emergent care. The hotel staff was most courteous and kind in assisting with my dilemma. Everything was taken care of very professionally.

the breakfast was very good and service. The hotel is in a good location with good choices of eating places.

Broken equipment and quite dirty!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was disgusting the room was dirty the equipment was not useable and the service was horrible. The only person that actually listen and gave a damn was one manager named David

Nothing the air conditioner was so loud when it comes on it woke everyone out of their sleep. 3 days of exhaustion.

POOR
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Water pipe busted, at room across hall. Water in hallway, water turn off in our room, several times, at know time did anyone offer a different room or let us know what was going on. The last day, checking out, water was turn off at 11 AM, we were told this the prior day. Lound notices due to contraction work.

The breakfast area was clean and the ladies that took care of us were wonderful.

The staff was great. My stay was too expensive for the hotel and area. Not happy with booking.com!

This area is not the best and suspicious activity (prostitution) going on in this hotel on weekend made my 14 yr old daughter very uncomfortable to the point she didn't want to stay any longer. What I didn't like the most was the price $239 I paid per night via booking.com. I could have gotten this hotel much cheaper by going directly through hotel than booking.com. I feel booking.com took advantage of the activities going on in town and raised the price for a hotel not worth the price. I probably will never use booking.com again because of this experience. I would like a REFUND for over payment.

What I liked about this hotel was the staff and the breakfast. The staff was excellent. Very good customer service.

The staff was great.
    • King Room - Smoking

I did not like the price booking.com charged for hotel. I feel like booking took advantage of events going on and OVER charged. It would have been cheaper to go through hotel directly than booking.com. I probably will never use site again. This location has suspicious activity prostitution and was very uncomfortable for my teenage daughter. We arrive Tuesday and by Thursday it was suspicious activity.

The staff was great. No issues with house keeping breakfasts or front desk. Very polite and professional.

Moderate facility for moderate price.

Eggs would have been better plain and fluffy. Breakfast could have been better. There was no door on closet. Drawer missing in dresser. No art on the walls. WiFi poor. Phone static.

Convenience, friendly staff, central location, near art district.

Comfortable, friendly, clean and quiet hotel but dated and not value for money

Bit old, carpet worn and dirty in public areas, shower nearly falling off the socket. Not up to scratch with other more upmarket Hampton Inns, hotel felt a bit sad and needed a facelift. Not quality for money.

good size room, view of the pool,quiet due to double glazing of windows, quiet a/c, great night light in toilet, neutrogena toiletries, comfy bed and pillow, near Polfolks which is a friendly family cafe serving tender, tasty fried chicken and cat fish at an affordable price, lots of free parking.

We always prefer Hampton and are particularly gratful for this experience at a difficult time.

I had called that afternoon to advise that we were in town for the funeral of a family member and would be checking in around 9-10pm. The African-American gentleman at the desk that evening was exceptionally gracious and helpful when we arrived. The clerk the next morning when we checked out was also exceptionally attentive

I can't believe we paid $150 to stay here

The bathroom was dated and moldy, and the shower head pretty much only trickled water, making showering difficult. The pillows were completely flat. Was like sleeping on empty pillow cases. The breakfast was very sad. Old stale pastries and semi-warm fake eggs and sausage. Definitely not the type of food needed to fuel up for the day.

Convenient location right off 95 was great for tired travelers, but not much dining options around.

All in all it is a nice place. Could use a little more attention to room cleanliness.

The bed was kind of stuff and uncomfortable. There was hair in our bathroom sink. There was also a stain on one of the pillowcases.

I liked that there was a hot breakfast. The facility was a lot better than others in the area.

Staff was friendly.

The sheets smelled bad. The air conditioner did not cool the room as much as we would have liked.

Staff was friendly. The offered to make a bag breakfast as we were going to the Skyway 10k much earlier than breakfast was served.

The pool was amazing!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The bed could have been a bit more comfortable.

The pool was amazing! My children wanted to sit down there all day long and we did. Everything was perfect

Another fabulous Hampton Inn stay.
    • King Room - Smoking

The location leaves a lot to be desired. But, that goes for ANY hotel in that area. The breakfast was OK...not as good as the rest of the Hampton Inns I have stayed in. But, nonetheless, it was hot, and clean, and got the job done.

Bed was comfortable, as expected for a Hampton Inn. The availability of a smoking room was a great bonus. Walking through the hotel, you wouldn't know they even had smoking rooms available. We had a view of the pool, and it was a beautiful pool. Clean property. Clean interior. Clean room. Spacious bathroom. I love Hampton Inn properties! Proximity to downtown and plenty of food/entertainment!

Loved the location, the pool and the comfort. Billing is a bit unconventional.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The duvet cover/comforter was odd (got twisted around inside itself) and a bit heavy. Also, the hotel placed multiple small holds on my card for “incidentals.” One lather amount before I even checked in, and two additional that the manager said were possible room charges even though there is no bar or restaurant at this location to charge anything to the room. Very odd.

The bed and pillows were very comfy and the breakfast was great, lots of options!

Bed was very uncomfortable, hotel was very outdated,...

Bed was very uncomfortable, hotel was very outdated, bathroom not very clean, very disappointed...will not be back. Considering changing chains in the future, bad experience.

Probably won't be back.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The price and the breakfast options. Also, the biggest downer is that the invoice I received in the email did not match the charge to my credit card. The charges (3 of them) are pending so I do not know if this will be rectified before I have to lodge a dispute.

It was pretty quiet. Plenty of bathroom towels.

Girls getaway
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Slow drain in bath tub, otherwise, everything was good

Very nice hot tub and pool, beds were comfortable and rooms clean. Hotel staff were friendly and the breakfast was very good.

We felt the room looked a little dirty;

We felt the room looked a little dirty; the walls had black markings on them and the carpet looked like it needed to be cleaned; the television appeared to have a loose connection, therefore, we were unable to watch it. We did not report this when we turned it on because it was rather late and we did not want a maintenance person coming in to try and fix it.

Exactly what we were looking for
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Room was quite noisy but didn’t keep us awake

Very comfortable beds with a good spread of breakfast also. The all day coffee in the lobby is a nice touch. Good location to travel to beaches and city.

The property is nice but off a very busy highway.

Parking lot more spacious, well lit and avoid debris around. Bugs were on ceiling and on bed and bedding needed to be replaced, mattress sank and uncomfortable. Staff was awesome or I would have checked out and found another place.

The property is nice but off a very busy highway. Parking was challenging and only option was in back of building in the dark, not in safest neighborhoods. It’s challenging to get in and out of hotel with traffic so you could easily miss the property. Nothing really around to walk to so you have to drive if you want to eat or sight see.

Very disappointed in the quality of the room. Inexcusable for paying almost $300 for one night.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our confirmation said check in was at 3:00 pm but the front desk staff would not check us in till 4:00.There was a leak in the bathroom sink and water was pouring onto the floor when turning on the faucet. The showerhead was loose.

Location was convenient but neighborhood was sketchy. Pawnshop, thrift stores, etc.

Stinky
    • 2 Double Room - Smoking

No smoking should be the policy throughout the rooms

They put us in a room where there was an ashtray and someone had obviously been smoking It smelled terrible They said they were completely booked which I didn’t believe.....

Appreciated the cleanliness and the location.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Absence of little tray for breakfast things. Couldn’t carry oatmeal and beverage with purse and cane!

Selected hotel because of location. Went with family member to see Dali and Chihuly. Hotel cleanliness is super important to me, even more than location. Liked convenience of parking and breakfast with good coffee.

Staff was accomodating

We had the worst experience ever we had a pool side room and we were undressed the light on and all of a sudden realized a curtains on the window where you foot short . And we saw a man in the hot tub video us. We were horrified and wondered where that video would end up. And we looked at it it was the only room that had curtains that were too short right next to the hot tub which we thought was terrible and pretty bizarre. It was almost like someone had set it up that way. When we contacted the manager she did have them changed. But we felt with the seriousness of this something should have been done with adjusting our bill or something. We have always stated Hampton Inns because we enjoy them but very disappointed that they took this so lightly. It was the worst privacy situation that we have ever been in certainly could have made this much worse for this hotel legally.

Staff was accomodating

Staff very friendly and accommodating, especially Cheryl

Lights missing in room and lobby Had to have toilet fixed twice Didn’t realize location was in sketchy neighborhood

Staff very friendly and accommodating, especially Cheryl Cookies Snacks

Good Hotel
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable stay. Good breakfast, with tea/coffee always available in the lobby. Nice and accommodating staff. Good sized rooms. Loved the decorated paper cups :)

Check-in process was fast and super friendly.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Broken closet door. Not friendly guy on check-out process.

Check-in process was fast and super friendly. Room was clean. Breakfast was good for the money we paid.

Good location, nice employees.
    • King Room - Smoking

I got billed an extra $40 and I had to call them to find out what had happened. they said it was an error on their part and that they would refund me the money as soon as possible.

When we first arrived, the front desk agents were ready for our arrival and had our reservation on hand. The check-in was unbelievably pleasant and the breakfast was very great as well. The size of the bed was great and it was also very comfortable.

Good Breakfast.

Too far from downtown. Roof repair was ongoing during our stay and from 8am to 5pm there was construction noise. The dumpster roofers used was under our window.

Good Breakfast. Menu is changed daily.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No safe in rooms and the safety deposit box very small. The ladies at the front desk was great but the gentleman who I think was the manager was not. I always stay at the Hampton on travel and this one has lest a bad taste. It could even be a deciding factor if I continue to stay at the Hampton. With me traveling through the US for two weeks I messed up the dates and didn’t realize I had to check out as my next destination was Orlando. I was no given a courtesy call to check on but just locked out the room and charged for the day when I got back the gentleman was not helpful at all but just insisted on charging me for the day I handed in the keys and left. This is a poor and bad reflection to the Hampton group as a client that uses your faculty often would expect more. The room was not used for the night and I was chatged for it. The parking lot had barely any cars there so it’s not like the hotel was fully booked and the room was needed. It was a honest mistake but I believe badly handled by your staff. I sad though as I’ve always had great experiences with the Hampton and have recommended the group to many family and friends. Regards Mr Naidoo

The property was was at a great location and was kept clean at most times.

I liked most of it have stayed here before.

Breakfast was greatly lacking compared to last year. Lady took forever to get more. We asked for above ground floor and were put on ground floor. Cleaning ladies made tons of noise at 8 right outside of door and someone was working with what sounded like a garbage truck right outside our window. Come to find out they were working on the roof and the workers were working with machinery RIGHT OUTSIDE OUR WINDOW. I️ know that work must go on but they could have at least put us somewhere else so we didn’t have to be RIGHT THERE AT IT. And the drink machine wouldn’t take card cash or coins. Ask about and they just looked at me. All this and had to pay 159.00 plus tax. Gee thanks😫WILL NOT BE BACK THERE AGAIN VERY DISAPPOINTED!

I liked most of it have stayed here before.BUT

Not up to usual Hampton Inn standards

The water pressure in the bathroom sink was very low. The toilet paper was very cheap and scratchy. The pillow cases were extremely rough and scratchy. Could use a little softener maybe. Nice comfortable bed and pillows otherwise. Not a great breakfast, unlike all the other Hamptons we have stayed at. The parking lot was unlit and very ominous. Did not feel comfortable parking near our entrance due to darkness and construction items. Also, very unclear and confusing flyer sent out on Christmas day referencing Christmas eve and Christmas day removal of "do not disturb" signs...requiring all guests to remove them by noon due to the holiday. Assuming this was to allow the staff to leave at a reasonable time, it probably had the opposite effect. Because, although we had not wanted our room cleaned for several days due to privacy, this made us think we HAD to remove the sign and allow the room to be cleaned during those 2 days. We did not, however. Hopefully, the staff was able to leave early.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The location was convenient and close to shopping and the interstate access.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Central location, good value

The air conditioner blows cold air right onto the person sitting at the desk. The room was fairly quiet, but just outside, were two large dumpsters, into which construction debris was dumped LOUDLY all morning.

I like Hampton Inns, as they are always clean, comfortable and affordable. Breakfast and wifi were very good. This Inn is a little tired, but met my expectations. It is not for those whose business or pleasure is in downton St. Petersburg, but it was just right for me.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

The staff baked chocolate chip cookies for my daughter's...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

To have cookies every night! Seriously, there is nothing else I can think of. Our stay was great.

The staff baked chocolate chip cookies for my daughter's birthday on a day they don't usually have cookies. I thought that was very nice of them. Our room was very clean, bathroom was spacious,room was nice and quiet, had comfortable furnishings and a decent complimentary breakfast.

Overall good
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator not working. Only one working and that was at front. Our room was on top floor in the back. Not sure if the area of town was the safest.

Wide selection of breakfast items. Hotel staff courteous.

Excellent place to stay for $... location was close to beach & town!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping did not clean room well while we were there.. only changed some towels & took trash... did not vacuum or wipe down tables... did not refill toilet paper.

Staff friendly & helpful! Pool & jacuzzi excellent! Breakfast had lots of good options! Liked all day coffee & juice & cookies later in day.

Great staff and effort at an aging property in a not so great locale.

Surrounding area isn’t the greatest as far as location goes. Breakfast was the biggest downer...everything seemed lacking of any effort or imagination. Off the street vagrant was caught stealing a cup of coffee and dispatched from the property by on-duty staff. Although well handled, it was discomforting nonetheless.

Comfortable bed. Housekeeping should be commended for providing a very presentable and clean room on a property that is showing a bit of age. Pool area very nice and well kept. Close to Eckerd College for parent visits.

I love staying at the Hampton.

I love staying at the Hampton. However this is the worst bed I have ever slept in. The shower took a while to get warm and there was no water pressure. Other than that the hotel was good.

Everything was great. Need to work on water pressure for the showers.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Water pressure, tried to take a shower but the water pressure just was not there. What water I did get drained out very slowly.

Food assortment was great, beds were very comfortable.

The staff were very nice and breakfast and lobby nice and...

Rooms weren’t very clean room needed painting and air wouldn’t stay on. I’ve seen better Hampton Inns. Other than that for the price and late night check in ... it was a good value.

The staff were very nice and breakfast and lobby nice and clean.

Terrible would never recommend this place or go back. I'll sleep in my car first!!!!!
    • King Room - Smoking

Uncomfortable beds,mold on ceiling,a/c hardly working, shower fixtures loose and move while trying to set water temperature, cobwebs on ceiling, no ash tray in the smoking rooms, very unpleasant staff to deal with, unexplained charges on your bill and staff seems oblivious to why, breakfast was poor, music too loud in the lobby

Nothing. Bad area of St. Petersburg FL

short and sweet

The only issue I had with my stay was the payment actions upon checkout. I was told by someone at the front desk that I was able to put a credit card on file, not charging the card, and pay with cash upon checkout. While checking out the next morning, another man at the front desk states that I am not allowed to pay with cash, or any other way than credit card due to my booking, which happened through Booking.com. Very disappointing because that credit card was for business only, and I was on a leisure trip.

The beds were absolutely amazing! Super comfortable, and made my stay feel like it was home.

The property had changed from stay a few months earlier
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was dirty and grounds also the drainage in bathtub was slow. The price was different than what was agreed on on your website even though I had reserved weeks before.

Location was good. And the bed was great!

Personal touches such as fresh lemonade and strawberry...
    • King Room - Smoking

Personal touches such as fresh lemonade and strawberry drinks along with homemade cookies a welcoming, homelike sentiment. Greatly appreciated. Accommodating gestures such as loaning an umbrella during torrential rain was fantastic. Breakfast bar was delicious and inviting presentation. All staff members cordial and friendly. Was invited to become a Hilton Honors Member and dis so! Thanks!

I really enjoyed myself. I will return soon.

Breakfast was not good Saturday 9-16-2017. They had omelette it was very Rubburry.I like it when you guys have scramble eggs better, hash browns and bacon.

I like the stay because it was very quite. That's what I was looking for piece and quite.

Memo to Management: Spend a bit more on the necessisities and you'll have a property to brag about.

Their pillows had all the firmness of whipped cream; the toilet paper and facial tissues were only slightly preferable to newsprint; and the towels offered all the comfort of sandpaper. Also, water pressure in the shower was unsatisfactory (on the 4th floor, at least).

The staff was great; the lobby offered coffee, newspapers, comfortable seating and a TV; the pool was inviting (though we didn't use it); the location was very convenient to Tropicana Field, restaurants and shopping; and the wi-fi, though somewhat clunky and slow initially, was good once connectivity was finally established.

One of the best hotels I've ever stayed in - and I've stayed in a LOT!

There was nothing!

I chose this hotel based on the excellent reviews I read on here, and they were certainly right! I was a bit concerned about the location, as there's a great deal of "activity" on this street late at night, and by the time I got there after a late flight, it was 2 a.m. I checked in at the office (and what a great guy behind the desk, by the way), then parked my car; coming back in I saw a young man outside the front door, and was a bit concerned, but he turned out to be an employee checking on me to be sure I was ok! And to be fair, there was never anyone out of place or loitering on the property the entire week I was there. The lobby is very attractive, as was my room, and the pool area looks like what you'd find at a nice resort! Definitely one of the prettiest pools and patios I've seen at a hotel. Accessibility to parking lot / elevators / front desk is very good - no long walks! The breakfasts were a cut above every other hotel I've been to, including several other Hampton Inns, so whatever the staff does with the standard Hampton Inn fare should be passed on to every other location. Every single staff member, whether it was maintenance, housekeeping, front office, or kitchen, was very pleasant, cheerful, and helpful. They seem to like their jobs, which is a sign of good management. I had one small problem while I was there, concerning some clothing that was accidentally picked up from my room and taken to the laundry. It was eventually found and mailed to me, and while there were a few phone calls involved, everyone was very courteous and professional. (Special thanks to Catherine in Housekeeping). It's the only place I'll stay when I return to St. Pete!

I applaud your front desk staff Lauren and another lady also the overnight guy he was so sweet .

I didn't like my view I wish I could've stayed in a room with better view without a palm tree blocking the window.

I really enjoyed the staff they were very helpful and friendly when I ask common questions. The rooms were very spacious , clean and nice I slept very well on their comfortable beds. Woke up to a nice breakfast area with plenty of food it was very good overall enjoyed my stay will come again !

Only stay due to proximity to Eckerd college

My sheets had holes in them Bathroom counter was dirty upon checkin Bathroom was very old and toilet barely flushed Last visit a smoke alarm went off for no reason

I love the hotel and staff, I will be back to stay again.
    • 2 Double Room - Smoking

I would have liked a in room safe. I was traveling for a convention and with the money that I had to carry with me I would have felt better with a safe in the room.

The facility was great. The staff that I did have the pleasure of talking with were great. All of my questions and concerns were taken care of.

My stay was disappointing and I will not return.
    • 2 Double Room - Smoking

The room was dirty with stains and dirty sheets also the floors needed to be vacuumed . We had to request a change of sheets but they didn't deliver them from the desk. I had to go get them and remake the bed myself .

The common areas are nice including the parking lot, hall ways and breakfast area .

Nice hotel did us for what we wanted on our Honeymoon.

The bed was amazingly comfy, staff are all polite and helpful. Wasn't a great choice for Breakfast. room was extremely hot but we did manage to cool it down with the Air Con. I would stay here again.

I liked that the side entrances were secure and required a...

there was a burned out light in our room, and the air coming out of the air conditioner didn't smell very good. I did come down with sore throat and congestion during my stay, not sure if it was the air there or something else. There was also an employee that entered the room minutes after we checked in and entered the room. Apparently was unaware we just checked in. He didn't knock or announce himself either. the room was quite dated also, especially the shower.

I liked that the side entrances were secure and required a room key to enter, and also that there was on site parking included. It was a decent location for the places that i was visiting. Not the best area around the property, although there is a gas station right next door and a few stores close by. It was pretty quiet during my stay, except for the rooster crowing behind the property. There was a pool available, but i did not use the facility.

I plan to stay at this location the next time I visit St. Pete's. It is located close to everything!

The breakfast was great! The customer service from beginning to end was excellent! The staff worked hard to keep the property and rooms clean. The stay at the Hampton Inn was the second best part of the vacation.

Good location for a Tampa Rays game
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

- breakfasts consisting mostly of sweet portion; - poor service at checkout;

- swimimgpool; - availability of beverages: coffee, tea; - good service at checkout;

Not your normal Hampton Inn

Hotel felt unclean and out dated. I never would of guessed it was a Hampton Inn had no one told me. The staff was great and doing the best with what they have but the Hampton Inn corporate office needs to make a real time visit and invest some money to bring this place up to their normal standards.

The staff is the best thing this hotel has going for it.

Enjoyable Stay
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast had many good options to choose from. The location was accessible to many attractions.

Great stay

I went down to the breakfast on Friday morning around 7am and no breakfast meat was out yet. Everyone at the front desk said the breakfast was awesome. But I didn't get to experience the awesome. It was ok. I did however love that you could get coffee all day 👍

Everyone was very friendly. Beds were very comfy.

Great staff and service, disappointing facility
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no hot water and the mattresses were awful. The air conditioner was always too much or too little — although that's a common problem in Florida during the summer. Except for oatmeal and some sloppy fruit, he complimentary breakfast was very unhealthy. People came in from the pool dripping water all over the elevator.

The staff was awesome!! Incredibly helpful and very sympathetic (my brother and I were in the area due to a death in the family). The location was convenient for us.

Great staff
    • King Room - Smoking

The pools pump "broke" the day before 4th of july. We booked this hotel to take advantage of the pool and it was very disappointing that we couldn't.

Breakfast was good staff was very friendly

Overall the room was nice, Good service, large and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

I am a tall person (6.4') therefore I found the beds relatively small, the pillows were thin and uneven. In one occasion the breakfast was cold, and it got really crowded on Sunday, so it was hard to find enough tables.

Overall the room was nice, Good service, large and comfortable bathrooms

Love comfy bed and delicious ​breakfast
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

There were scuff marks on one wall, some stains in bathroom and some furniture looked worn, broken drawer on dresser, which detract from the niceness of the room. Other than that, it was a nice room.

Loved the comfy bed. The free breakfast is a great value. Very nice pool, attractive lobby area. Mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer and iron are included and appreciated. The staff was very nice, attentive.

I do not like coffee at most hotels, this one had ...

The bed was hard and very uncomfortable. I woke up in pain several times through the night.

I do not like coffee at most hotels, this one had Excellent coffee.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

Weak shower but great stay.

The fitness room Washington hot no air conditioning 86 degrees but it did have nice equipment and television. The water pressure in the shower was a little weak other than that everything was fine.

Location was great for the purpose of my visit . The food and and coffee was great I will be back.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

mediocre hotel in a dodgy neighbourhood

neighbourhood is dodgy

This property is located in quite a dodgy area, not quite safe to walk around even. Many homeless people on the streets surrounding the hotel. Parking is good. Rooms are basic, bathrooms a bit dirty, mediocre breakfast. Hotel is definitely overprized. If 50% cheaper it would still not be a place to return to for me.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

OK Hotel, not nice neighborhood. Definitely not downtown St. Pete's.

This property is OK, but not where I expected. The booking.com website switched out the hotel I picked with another location. I picked the Hampton Inn (and Suites) in downtown St. Pete's, but when I clicked on the property, I didn't realize that what came up was this Hampton Inn which is WAY out of the downtown area. Not the nicest of neighborhoods - located next to FRISKY BUSINESS.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Staff were very pleasant.

AC is noisy and bed is too soft

Staff were very pleasant. Location is great 5-10 min to downtown and 20 min to beach. Room was kept clean and had all the neceessary things. Breakfast was good and free coffee 24/7 is a great perk.

Good location, don't use the pool.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The pool was terrible. I know it's an outdoor pool but we literally had to try and use the net to clear the vast amount of bugs and debris that were floating and on the bottom of the pool. Looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days.

The beds were comfy and it was a good location.

Amazing stay at the Hampton!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Amazing stay at the Hampton! The continental breakfast was different each day with so many options to choose from. All of the choices were delicious! A nice pool and very helpful and kind staff added to our four day stay to make our trip awesome. Will definitely be back for another stay!

Excellent stay but lesson learned, on room selection.
    • King Room - Smoking

Smoker room but did not realize, it would smell like chimney and the scent, got into my suitcase and clothes. We selected the room due to, the only king size bed available. Lesson learned.

King size bed, very comfortable.

The beds and pillows were not very comfortable at all.

The beds and pillows were not very comfortable at all. My pregnant wife is having back issues and the beds exasperated the issue. I was there to participate in the St Anthony's Triathlon and did not get a very good sleep the night before. I also feel it was unreasonably difficult getting a late check out. The hotel was hosting a bunch of athletes participating in the race which happens every year. The race doesnt end until well after 11am so an 11am checkout is unreasonable. I was eventually able to get a 1pm checkout but not until the morning of the race. This uncertainty was definitely not optimal.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Good breakfast, comfy bed, clean, quiet, and courteous and...
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The location was convenient, but it didn't seem to be a particularly good part of St. Petersburg. I was traveling alone and felt very safe and comfortable on the premises and poolside, but wouldn't want to walk around the neighborhood.

Good breakfast, comfy bed, clean, quiet, and courteous and helpful staff.