Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Minneapolis St. Paul Airport - Mall of America 2 stars

2860 Metro Drive, Bloomington, MN 55425, USA

#17 of 41 hotels in Bloomington

enjoyed very much
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Had a security problem while there with some young boys running hallways Front desk did a good job though with taking care of issue and reassuring me all was OK breakfast was good if you could eat gluten - had to settle on eggs yogart and sausage - no gluten free options for bread or pastry

whirlpool I hurt my back taking luggage out of car when leaving Orlando and recently had surgery on knee. Used whirlpool 2-3 times a day strong jets and temp nice and hot It help aches and pains heal while there Good breakfast

Safe, comfortable stay in a very convenient location.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

would have liked ice water available in the lobby to accompany the tea and coffee that were there.

shuttles to and from the Mall of America and the airport were a plus. free breakfast was nice.

Great location!

Poor lighting in room and breakfast was adequate

The free shuttle to/from MOA & airport & location near tram stop (about 5-6 blocks away...very EZ walking distance)

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Maid knocked on door at 10 am wanting to clean room.
    • Queen Room

Maid knocked on door at 10 am wanting to clean room. Had DO NOT DISTURB sign on door. Check out was 12. She came back at 11 and pounded on door again. Maybe they should teach maids to read!

Older facility that needs updating. Cleaning staff needs to be addressed.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Toilet rim was not cleaned the first night and the garbage wasn't removed by the tv the next day (only emptied trash in the bathroom. TV did no support closed captions on many of the channels.

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

OK for an overnight stay but not sharp around the edges.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Thin towels Front desk staff liked to have their own social conversations instead of stepping up to help customers the front desk was the weak element....they brushed me off when I asked about a stay and park option for a future stay

room size, bed, scrambled eggs

I was expecting a better hotel. By the reviews that I read. Specially with that price!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I was expecting a better hotel. By the reviews that I read. Is not bad. But is not the best place that I have stay in. The breakfast also. The pool is small. I was expecting something much better. Specially with that price!!!

The restroom. And the no pets allowed.

Very Pleased
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

Not a huge deal. Just wish the pool was a little bigger. It got a little crowded at times.

The room, the location of the room and the location of the building were fantastic. My son is Type I Diabetic and it made for a stress free trip. Thank you!

The room was excellent, very helpful a d friendly fly staff...
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

The outlet by the right hand side of the bathroom sink did not work.

The room was excellent, very helpful a d friendly fly staff . The breakfast was excellent. The room as a greT value and very comfortable. The pool and spa was very clean and we had a lot of fun using them both.

Definitely will stay here again

Everything was great

Layout of the bathroom was great. The free shuttle to the mall of America was wonderful. The shuttle drivers were very helpful and wonderful ambassadors to the hotel and city.

Small holes in the sheets.
    • Queen Room

staff when we arriived were grouchy Insisting that we were not Hilton Honors and then state that I lived in Colorado I live in New York. Next day staff was extremely pleasant.

Small holes in the sheets. No fresh fruit

Excellent!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Didn't stay long enough to enjoy all available amenities.

The overall experience was great. Very comfortable room & larger than expected. Breakfast was adequate for start of the day. Wish we could have stayed longer than a day.

Our stay was okay, but we chose another hotel when we stayed there again, three weeks later.
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

We requested extra towels and pillows. Those were dropped off in our room, but the room was not serviced by housekeeping, so we still had the used towels on the bathroom floor when we returned (which also negated having "extra" towels, since the original towels were not replaced). The bed was okay, but not great.

The shuttle was convenient and on-time.

Great bed and service.
    • Queen Room

The use of disposables is overwhelming. Breakfast served on disposable plates and cutlery (plastic). I feel that the waste created was excessive. Could do with an updated modern environmental policy.

The beds are awesome.

Our stay was employable.
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

The room was a little crowded. It would be nice if there was an exhaust fan in the bathroom. The bathroom floor wasn't real clean.

The staff was friendly and helpful. They have a nice selection for breakfast. They have a nice pool and fitness center .

Poor cleaning of room

Good location for Mall Of America with free shuttle. But, shuttle driver to airport was underwhelming with personality, was scruffy, stunk of cigarettes and expected a tip...I don't think so, you need to try harder to earn them!

Coffee bar and breakfast.
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

Room had a slight exhaust, airplane smell to it. Refrigerator didn't keep food cold.

Coffee bar and breakfast. Kids enjoyed the food. Good location to MOA.

Comfortable and clean rooms

We went down to the lobby and no one was there. We were playing a game and the front desk attendants said that we were being too loud for them :(

Comfortable and clean rooms

Would stay again
    • Queen Room

The place was crazy busy. Pool and breakfast area was packed. Elevator was always busy and smelled like burning belts. Hotel staff seemed a bit over worked and stressed due to how busy it was.

Breakfast was good. Place was clean.

Pleasant
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

Food quality and selection was not that great at all during breakfast time.

Excellent staff and proximity to local attractions. Shuttle service was an added bonus

Great stay, minor issues.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

They over charged me but corrected it after two phone calls. The pool and hot tube were a bit small,and the hours weren't great. Needs to be open later. The fitness room was also lacking

Large room, good breakfast with good hours, clean room, comfortable bed, close to the mall of America and Ikea.

The breakfast was delicious.
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

The only disadvantage was the pool. It was very small and the kids were very rowdy so my kids couldn't really enjoy the pool very much.

The breakfast was delicious. One of the best continental breakfasts at a hotel. Bed was very comfortable.

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. All of the staff was super friendly and the breakfast was great. We loved that they offered a free shuttle to and from the Mall of America. We will definitely be staying here again.

It was ok...
    • Queen Room

Unfortunately is was pretty loud outside my room, it was a very busy place and a lot of kids, but I get that considering where it is located. The front desk staff were in the back a lot together so I felt like I was bothering them, they were nice and accommodating once you could get their attention.

The beds were comfortable. Location was perfect. It was nice to have charging stations, even if they are little outdated. Both shuttle drivers, day and night were the best I have ever ridden with in attitude and ability. Thank you

We thought we could park and fly and didn’t find out we...
    • Queen Room

We thought we could park and fly and didn’t find out we could until we couldn’t get our money back. I would have stayed someplace else for this readon

Good
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

I had to wait an hour after check-in because my room was not ready my bathroom was not clean properly the light in the bathroom was cracked

I like that it was close to the mall enjoy your breakfast staff was friendly

Wonderful staff and amenities, perfect for a family weekend away!
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

The room was larger than expected, good for our family of five. All staff members were really friendly and helpful. The breakfast was fabulous and the shuttle to the Mall of America was super!

It was a quick but comfortable stay for us. Would stay again.
    • Queen Room

We wish the pool area was bigger. The chlorine smell was so strong too. We had to leave because our eyes were starting to hurt.

Beds were comfy. Pool hours were good. Nice comfortable hotel.

Big room, nice set up in room
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

Close to Mall of America, but not too close for breakfast food, as the free breakfast was not worth it. Got to room, no remote for tv. Called front desk about it, they thought we were joking.

Big room, nice set up in room

We were in the pool area enjoying swimming and a big group...
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We were in the pool area enjoying swimming and a big group of kids came in unattended which made it hard tell the young kids in the pool we had to leave

Wonderful in all ways
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

The Property was in a wonderful location that we could drive a very short distance to the mall or ikea. They also offered a shuttle to and from the mall several times in the hour. The staff was friendly, the hotel was extremely comfortable, it just felt very homey.

Impressed by room size, big bathroom, decent breakfast
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Pool needs improvement. Dirty, no towels. Also, I called to let the front desk know an hour after checking out that I realized I had left my earnings in the bathroom. I told them right where that were and if they could let me know either way if they have them or not I would come back to get them. Never recieved a call back.

Room was nice and spacious.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was a circus. Go very early or spend more time in line than actually eating. The second day I just went down and grabbed two bananas and coffees. The pool and hot tub were a bit small for size of hotel.

Room was nice and spacious. Location was good. Shuttle was good. Cleanliness was good. Is very near airport but wasn’t really bothered by the noise of planes

Was very comfortable and we will definitely stay again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Would have loved more yogurt choices for breakfast. Some Greek vanilla would have been nice.

The desk clerk found me water that I could drink. He was great! Certainly went the extra mile.

fantastic weekend! thank you Hampton Inn:)
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

wish the pool and spa area were a little larger

room nice and open loved having all the space! staff was superb-front desk-in the breakfast area-and the shuttle drivers too-awesome!

Good space and price. We will return!
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We would have loved to utilize the shuttle but it ended service at like 1030pm even on the weekend!

We loved the layout of the Dou me queen and sofa suite. It was spacious and the price affordable. It was a short distance from the mall of America.

Just a quick stay during an overnight layover
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The coffee pot in the room was dirty. Not a big deal since there’s coffee in the lobby

Free 24 hour transfer to and from the airport. Friendly front desk staff.

We enjoyed our vacation! Got to enjoy the pool.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Bed was a little uncomfortable, but ok.

I felt like at home. Breakfast was great. I asked for the room close to the pool, and it was right next to it. It was great.

Hot breakfast, served til 10am!
    • Queen Room

Pillows are small and very fluffy. Basiclly on the mattress when youwoke up. Small fridge in the room was quite noisy. We unplugged it.

Hot breakfast, served til 10am! Great staff & very clean. Lots of towels in the room, beds very comfy. Easy to check in/out. Pool also open til 11pm!

Perfect!
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We loved our stay at the hotel. The shuttle from the airport was perfect, as the one for the Mall of America. I traveled with 4 family members and really love our stayed there. We will come back for sure. Breakfast is highly recommended.

Wonderful.

I wish hey had bottles of water in the room.

I really liked he shuttle service to and from the airport and mall. The bed was very comfortable and the free breakfast buffet was great. Staff members were very friendly. My driver in the morning was like a tour guide telling me interesting facts along the way to the airport. I would definitely stay again.

Gem
    • Queen Room

There wasn’t a way to grab a snack or drink with a late night check in. Front desk gave me bottled water which was appreciated. No food vending machines

So close to airport and Mall of America. Good breakfast and very very helpful and pleasant staff.

Always a 5-star experience at this hotel. I recommend it to anyone visiting Minn. - St Paul area
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Maybe longer hours for being able to be picked up at Mall of America since we often go to concerts downtown and take Metro Transit ? We don't get back before this hotels last shuttle service so we have to park and ride at the Mall of America parking structure but it's a short drive there and parking is free.

The room was magnificent , the staff very friendly and helpful and the breakfast selection varieties were very delicious. This is the second time we've stayed here and have been pleased each time. We would highly recommend this place. Close to Mall of America and all transit stations too.

I will stay here again!

No extra toilet paper!

Room was huge and beautiful. The bed was very comfy. I slept well! Breakfast was varied and tasty. The staff was kind and helpful. I will definitely stay there again!

The breakfast was amazing and had a lot of choices.

The pool was closed due to kids pooping in it. When I booked the hotel I paid in full for my room but ended up having multiple other charges for no reason to my credit card and they didn't clear up for 2 weeks. I had to end up calling the hotel to make sure the charges were taken off. Because of this situation I am not sure if I would rebook this hotel.

The breakfast was amazing and had a lot of choices.

Breakfast was good with a lot of variety.
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

The pillows were too big and firm. Glad I brought my own pillow. The pool is not a child focused pool. It is very small, no slide, and really not a fun pool for children. Not pleased with booking.com tho as we had to shorten our stay due to a medical emergency with our 3 year old and we did not receive any credit nor even a response to our email request for a refund or partial refund. Not impressed with booking.com and will likely not book through them again.

Breakfast was good with a lot of variety. Lots of seating in the breakfast room. Hotel was very clean.

excellent
    • Queen Room

All was perfect will come back

Abe Abreham the assistant general manager was excellent,Hampton Inn its lucky to have staff of this quality. Thank you for making our stay so pleasant.

Convenient and comfortable
    • King Study Room with Sofa bed

Your house keeper knocked on my do0r at 9 am, waking my daughter and myself up, to ask when we were checking out..uhh, check out time.

Comfortable bed and couch area.

Better services
    • Queen Room

The breakfast menus were aweful & not everyone eats pork. Need a microwave in dining area. Should serve ice water near coffee machines.

Close to the airport & MOA

Great bang for the buck!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

staff was very friendly & helpful! free shuttle to MOA & airport was a great bonus.Room was very spacious and comfortable. Hot tub was great after long day of shopping.

It was really nice.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Not enough butter pecan ice cream in the hotel convenience store lol but its ok we had other options to choose from 😁

Free breakfast and Wi-Fi. Also staff was pleasant

Very nice.

Couldn't find a TV listings on the TV. Had to scroll channels and see what was on.

Very pleased with the spaciousness of the room. Very comfortable.

would not recommend based on pool size and staff not being helpful
    • Queen Room

pool too small and had a rowdy group of high schoolers (without adult supervision) taking up entire pool not allowing for our children to swim, this was their yearly vacation and were very disappointed not getting to swim, these kids were screaming at the top of their lungs and punching each other, one ended up with a bloody nose, splashing everyone, after asking them muiltiple times to please be considerate we complained to the front desk they stated they would come in and didn't so went and complained again and they did nothing to fix the situation

Relaxing and pleasant

They didn't want to honor the price I was quoted by my booking.com paperwork 😲 Had to make several phone calls to get it worked out.

The rooms were very clean and well stocked. Breakfast was better than some restaurants around the area. The ladies doing the breakfast were very friendly and helpful. Thank you again ladies, great job.

EXCELLENT!
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

All good that’s why we have stayed every year for past ten years expect two and both times that was a mistake WE made by not staying!!

ERIN sent hot cookies up to the room one afternoon. Thank you that was the bomb!!

I can't think of anything I didn't like! Had a very nice day
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

I can't think of anything I didn't like!

the pool hours location shuttle service the breakfast was phenomenal all good food clean love the room

Big rooms.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We went into a Walmart that is only about 5 to 7 minutes away with traffic. I did not feel safe inside the Walmart. Yes they had police inside. It is not the hotels fault. I wouldn't tell someone to go to that Walmart. I'm sure there were other around.

Big rooms. Lots of space. Big breakfast area. They had fresh fruit out all day. It was worth the money.

6.0
    Room was not as clean as should have been.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

Room was not as clean as should have been. Dirt and Kleenex on floor. Dirty towel hanging in closet. Black hard plastic pieces in bed between sheet and bed I was charged a separate 40.00 on my credit card. What was that for?

Nice hotel, next to the airport & the mall of America.

Pool especially hot tub had too much chlorine in it, my eyes were hurting after being in there for a couple minutes

Free shuttle to the mall . Comfy beds . Breakfast was pretty good.

Quiet, friendly staff, great location
    • Queen Room

Rooms were pretty small, fridge was broke which caused our pop and miscellaneous grocery products to freeze and items had to be thrown

Great staff and excellent breakfast, nice location for Mall shoppers, loved the shuttle service

Shuttle service, breakfast, location, and the employees were...

All good.

Shuttle service, breakfast, location, and the employees were wonderful. The light rail to go downtown is very close and the shuttle service takes you there as well.

Great experience, nothing negative to say.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Just wish that there was a store or something within walking distance. Had to take shuttle to everywhere as we did not have a car. But, they were always willing and available.

The room was large, the bed was so comfortable, all the employees were great, especially the shuttle drivers. Food at breakfast excellent.

Worst night ever
    • Queen Room

No restaurant, no bar, just vending machines. I went down to the desk to ask about dinner possibilities, I was told people 'go to the mall'. I asked if there was delivery from nearby restaurants. With a very ho hum attitude the girl handed me some menus. Not a kind word, she just slid the menus over the counter. The Marriott is just a few steps away on the other side of the parking lot so I walked over there. I wanted to spend as little time as possible in my room because it was freezing in there. It felt like it was below zero and the fan was blowing at about 20 mph. No way to adjust it. I turned the thermostat up but felt no change in temperature. I didn't sleep at all that night, but spent the time huddled under the duvet, pulling the sheet over my neck and ears because the fan was blowing cold air straight over the bed. Wanting to get out of there as soon as possible I had breakfast and checked out earlier than necessary. A friend was coming to get me and I sat outside to wait. There are two small benches but they are right in the driveway so cars and shuttles were constantly passing, and they were right in the hot morning sun. I stood outside the hotel; it would have been more pleasant to sit on a bench. Not a good experience! This hotel is overpriced. Value for money = zero.

Breakfast nothing special, but correct. Lots of towels.

Nice Motel
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Shower had only one very small soap holder. Had to put everything else like shampoo on the floor. Also shower head was way too high unless you are 7 feet tall and water pressure was low.

Breakfast was very good. Room very nice, clean, and spacious. Comfy bed with feather pillows.

Overall we had a good stay could have been a little better.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We were not able to check in till 5pm which was difficult for us because we were traveling with a baby and needed in our room way earlier. Water temperature in shower wasn't very warm.

The motel was modern and beds where comfortable, A/C worked extremely well, close to mall of America, and quiet.

Fun stay near MOA
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed

We liked there was a kitchen but there weren't any kitchen items to use so when we brought fruit back for the kids we didn't have a knife to cut it up or a late to put it on.

We had plenty of room for 3 adults & 2 kids in the double queen with pull out couch. The kids loved the space.

Basic hotel near airport
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Ended up taking a taxi to the hotel from the airport because waited over 20 minutes for shuttle before giving up.

Close to the airport, good (free) breakfast, free shuttle to/from airport as well as to/from Mall of America.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Pleasurable stay. Good value for money.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Only breakfast is available. If they had some lunch and dinner facility it would have been useful. Also didn't like that the coffee maker was kept in the washroom. Felt it was unhygienic. Would have been better if it was available in the room.

Very friendly and cooperative staff. Breakfast had an array of healthy and varied choices. Shuttle service to Mall of America every half hour is really awesome. The hotel is located in close proximity to the airport and the airport shuttle service is a boon to early check-ins.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

The staff was fairly friendly and the room was clean.

The parking was an absolute joke. The shower pressure was poor and also water was cold. Breakfast area was very disorganized.

The staff was fairly friendly and the room was clean.

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

Great location and great staff!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Ran out of bacon in the middle of breakfast but brought some other meat.

The staff was excellent. Loved the shuttle and the flexibility they had to take us to different places. Really liked the size of the suites.

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

Loved this hotel. Very clean and quiet! Great room!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Quality and size of pillows was poor, water wasn't very hot sat morn.

Loved the cleanliness of the room! Hotel was quiet and friendly staff. Check in and out was very quick and easy. Would easily stay here again

Breakfast was tasty.
    • Queen Room

The water temperature was cold both days in the shower. This made it really difficult for our kids to shower. The hot tub was also closed, which is the reason we chose this hotel.

Breakfast was tasty.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Close to Mall of America which was the reason we were there.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

That Booking.com was more expensive than booking directly through their website. Also, when looking for everything prior to leaving noticed that under bed was full of beer cans and trash.

Close to Mall of America which was the reason we were there. Pool was heated and nice for the kids.

Fabulous place to stay!
    • Queen Room

The breakfast they offer. I know it's free but what good is that if you're not going to eat it.

Staff was great. Very friendly and helpful. Clean rooms. Quiet. Minutes from MOA on the FREE shuttle. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

Great stay, great staff, excellent service
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Hearing Accessible

Bathroom was less than clean and vanity light didn't work. Example, used bar of soap on top of shower door, hair pins on bathroom floor.

Staff and service is awesome