Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Alpharetta-Windward 3 stars

16785 Old Morris Road, Alpharetta, GA 30004, USA

#1 of 27 hotels in Alpharetta

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Naim at the front desk had great customer service! Great breakfast selections for all pallets, and the breakfast staff was awesome. All staff during my stay was friendly and accommodating.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was exceptional and the sweet lady that helped us with breakfast deserves a raise!!! We stayed two nights and the second day we went for breakfast she brought my son pancakes to the table because she remembered that he loves them from the first day we ate there. Love her!!!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint was the hallways were very warm. Not a big deal.

Cherie (Hope I spelled her name correctly) in the breakfast area was fabulous. She really took care of us, not to mention the breakfast was outstanding. (She works weekend shift)

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff struggled with customer service, creamer for coffee was slimy due to being left out, the sink didn't drain in the bathroom.

It was close to the Verizon Center.

Bathtub wouldn't drain at all. When reported the following morning, they advised me maintenance could fix the issue. I didn't bother complaining about it at 1:00 in the morning since I was only there for one day and was tired!

Always a comfortable and cheap stay

No dislikes.

Love Love the room and the cleaniest and the service. Pleasant and Warm enviroment and great Staff overall. Super nice loving hearts. Breakfast a plus.. will share with my family and Friends and Co workers.

The location was a little far up GA 400

The clues nines of the property. The rooms were very nice and the bed was some comfy.. Also, the continental free breakfast was delicious.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the room was dim. I like a bright, cheery atmosphere. Surely , there is a way to compromise the intent of soothing, restful light with something brighter if wanted by the occupant. I would also have preferred a lamp on each side of the bed, rather than just the one between the beds. I like to read and often my husband goes to sleep while I’m reading or tries too.

Everyone we met was very gracious and friendly. Their courtesy was outstanding!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I had a few lady bugs in my room. I could hear the music from one of the karaoke bars.

I liked the location and comfort of my room. The hotel Personnel was awesome!

Breakfast should be well stocked until it ends at 10a.m. 9:40 a.m.; out of many items. Shower curtain was too long! Toliet paper fixture broken and gone. Drapes don't close, poor privacy, and room was not dark at night.

It was clean throughout the facility.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The maid service starts right at 8. Ask them to come back about 30 minutes later and they never did. It took a few hours to get towels the next day from them. The maid on the elevator was making fun of the fact that room 312 had asked for towels and they needed just 2 be patient. I was actually in the elevator with her and thought I was patient because they never came back and clean the room the day before.

It was very clean. And the front desk was very

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My bathroom door was Chip all up at the bottom of the door and I did not have a bath mat to put on the floor and my fridge was Rocky my last stay was so wonderful I wanted to come back I was very dissatisfied but I will be back.

The breakfast was good

I was there for 3 nights and housekeeping never came to my room. I called 2x and the front desk said they would send someone right away. Never saw them!!

Breakfast was good

A drunken couple with a small child checked in and was assigned to the floor we were on about midnight. We heard them arguing when they came off the elevator yelling and arguing and the child trying to distract parents by talking and crying. This went on sounding like the people found their room but failed to close the door. It was so loud for over an hour. This went on and on for at Least an hour before things calmed down. I realize it was not the front desks fault they were drunk, and for the safety of the child they did not need to drive with the child but it would seem that if they were that loud and impaired checking in, that they could have assigned them to a room near the elevators or away from sleeping guest.

good value, comfortable, cookies at front desk, goodie bags when you checked out.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything is great at this Hampton Inn. It's a hidden gem in a great location. The staff are friendly and the rooms are super clean. They also have a nice breakfast. It is a great place to stay for business or to travel with family. I highly recommend this property. It is my first choice when staying in the area.

The heat didn't work in my room. Maintenance did a temporary fix. Had to leave room around midnight and travel to another hotel.

The facility was clean. I had a great view of the pool.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was very courteous and professional. Very nice people! The room was spotless, updated with nice clean bedding and the mattress was very comfortable!

The guests next to my room were up fighting until after 3am. Not just fighting, but yelling/cursing and I’m pretty sure at one point it got physical and moved into the hallway, outside my door! I called the front desk to report it, but I’m assuming other guests already called because before I could get out which room it was the lady told me which one it was and said she’d send someone up. My thing is if other guests had already called why didn’t they send someone before it escalated and caused such a disturbance? I didn’t get much sleep that night which made for a long drive home the next day... 😡

free coffee before we left.

Wish you had bacon on the menu for breakfast more often and would like to see tortilla added as a choice of bread

I requested extra pillows housekeeping was there with in minutes. Housekeeping is always attended it in friendly

No dislikes it this time

The friendliness of the staff from front Desk; housekeeping the café. Management have provided a great team to make you feel at home. Thank you Travis front desk representative for always making me feel welcome.

Very very thin walls between rooms. I could hear a normal conversation going on in the room next door. Requested a handicap room but got the next to last room down the corridor and the man behind the desk smirked at me when I told him I had requested one. Told him it didn't have to be a king as long as it was close to the door. Also asked the closest place to park for this room and he honestly told the opposite side of the building much longer to walk to and with a severe back problem made it uncomfortable.

Breakfast was your regular Hampton Inn breakfast. Eggs not so good the rest was good. The ladies doing the breakfast were very attentive and nice. Two flavors of crème cheese for the bagel something you don't normally find. Would like to have had a waffle but like all hotels there's never any sugar free syrup.

Fix the washer in the laundry room

The staff is great everyone from front desk to housekeeping willing to help always with a smile on their face . I would like to give a special thanks to Syca she is always pleasant knowledgeable and willing to do what it takes to make your stay and exceptional stay and visit at Hampton Inn suites of Alpharetta. Some of the best customer service I've seen in a very very long time. What a great team at the Alpharetta Hampton Inn suites

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

The hotel reassured me that our room Had a separate sitting area with a couch refrigerator microwave and two queen beds. It did not. Then I was told that reservations made through bookings.com allow for switching at the last minute although it is not written or warned about. Bait and switch.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

On arrival I was given a smelly room. They changed our room and the next one had a problem with the AC making a strong noise. We didn't realize until 7pm. When we called they said the maintenance staff wasn't there We could barely sleep that night because of this.

Beds were comfortable and breakfast was ok. The breakfast area staff was the best experience of the hotel. They were very helpful

Nothing I can think of.

The location was really nice. There was a lot around the hotel itself. You didn't have to travel far to get to stores or attractions.

Breakfast items like pastries and eggs (omelet with cheese) was awful ! Coffee couldn't be any worse! It's BAD stale drip coffee!!!!! Actually it's a beverage with an aroma of coffee only! A cheaper local chain of hotels in Italy offers fresher breakfast and stellar fresh coffee! But then again, this kind of mediocre breakfast I expect in American hotels , even higher rates ones with all included breakfast

Stuff was friendly and accommodating ! Excellent team work

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

1. I am charged extra $40 for no reason and without informing me. I figured this out when I saw my credit card statement. Now I have to get into the hassle of calling the hotel and get my money back. 2. The room was very cold even without the air-conditioning being ON. 3. Bed was not comfortable and the spring mattress hurt my back.

Free wi fi, bathroom and toileteries

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

TV in bedroom had good picture but nothing but static for audio. Discovered too late in the evening to have it addressed or fixed.

Room accommodations very nice. Fridge, coffee maker, kitchen sink were nice surprises. Breakfast spread very well served. Front desk staff throughout the entire stay were responsive, courteous, and eager to help.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The gentleman that checked us in was unfriendly and very hard to understand. Although the room looked fine from a general appearance, it was obvious someone had laid down on the bed to rest. The other crazy thing is the stopper to the bathroom sink is used by a lever underneath the sink.

The breakfast was outstanding and our greeter was most pleasant.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping knocked on our door at 10:30 and opened it!!! Checkout wasn't until 12!!! Rude! No apologies or anything.

It had free parking and very clean room. Beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to leave. We had a king suit with kitchen. The hotel room was very spacious! Two TVs was a bonus.

Enjoyed my stay. Room was very nice. Up to date decor. Bed was super comfortable. The air conditioner in the room worked amazing. Overall had a wonderful stay and will be back!

Facilities were outdated. Bathroom floor was not cleaned after previous guest. Elevator needs servicing.

Breakfast staff was friendly and nice. Breakfast was good. Parking was easy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location was not far from my family. I was charged $20.00 upon check in (?) I believe I was told this would be applied to the final fee. I need an answer. Thank you

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Just a few things that I noticed in the room which were not very pleasant. The bathroom tub had black mold all along the caulking. We didn't even use the shower because of that reason. It was pretty shocking to see considering the rest of the room was spotless. Also, the curtain window to the bedroom did not close. So, the parking lot overhead light beamed into our room the entire night which definitely compromised our sleep.

The bed was very comfortable and clean. The staff was super professional and polite, and breakfast the following morning was delicious.

The manager stole $25 from me and I had to bring in police from Rowell GA. The most frafulent man I have ever mt. The place has just been purchased and is a mess> No one was there. He lied about everything

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had horrible neighbors that screamed at each other for a few hours during the night.

After calling the front desk several times, Security and the front desk person came to talk with our screaming neighbors....even though the people wouldn't open the door.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

The actual breakfast area with the food was on the small side, especially noticeable when it got crowded.

It was nice to be off the busy main road but close enough for access to the many restaurants and shopping to choose from. The hotel itself is very well decorated and clean. The breakfast area was spacious and guest friendly.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We almost always stay with Hampton Inn, and this time was just as wonderful as always! The beds are always wonderful. The staff, the cleanliness, the oatmeal, the Lobby coffe (with all the cremer choices!) were perfect. 😊😊

I have to say the only thing that I didn't like it completely was the pillows in the bed, too fluffy for me, and also we were out of electricity in our room, no TV, no lights. But the rest of the facilities and staff were good.

Most of the things were just great. food? So good. comfort? good too. Location? cleanliness? Facilities? Great. We really enjoyed this place. Next times just be careful with the electricity in the rooms.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2017

Limited parking and noise

The rooms are huge.. Its more like an apartment. Livingroom and kitchen.. My stay was wonderful besides being next to the elevator and hearing people all night.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

Toilet ran and we had to keep working to get it to stop, but not a big deal.

Service was great and the breakfast was very good. The chef came out to check on everyone to make sure we were satisfied and to greet us. Nice touch.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Just seemed like an older Hampton in that had done some remodeling to try and bring it current.

Price was good for the amenities offered. Location was also great for our visit and staff was very cordial.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

I try to take these surveys very seriously and not just click excellent on a whim but I honestly mean my responses. This was an excellent experience all of the way around.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Booking.com screwed up my reservation made through aaa. I originally booked 2 nights, but had to cancel one night. Although I received a correct confirmation, Booking.com canceled the wrong night. I was charged for the canceled night and had no reservation for the correct night. Kudos to the hotel staff for straightening the matter out. I won't use Booking.com again.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Hair dryer not secure on wall. ..neither was the iron /ironing board. ..both fell off when touched. Wouldn't take much to fix!

Friendly staff. Comfortable rooms

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

The refrigerator in our room didn't work, but it was no problem as we only stayed overnight for our grandson't swim meet ... arrived in the evening and checked our early the next morning. Accommodations otherwise were superior.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, answering every question with a smile. Since it was my birthday, they also presented me with a gift card - unexpected but very thoughtful. And, even though it is close to the highway, it was very quiet. It was a peaceful respite after visiting with a busy three year old grandson all day! We plan to make this our go to destination every time we visit or family.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

The breakfast was fantastic!! Very clean and quiet rooms! Chris, the gentlemen at the desk was very helpful and very nice!! Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Booking email and website both state I wouldn't be charged a deposit/reservation hold. Was charged twice for hotel, then told it was a reservation deposit/hold and would take 10 business days to release back into my account. BUYER BEWARE!

The hotel was great.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Everything and everyone at the hotel was amazing. Just got woke up at 12:30 am by a neighboring room. Apparently kids locked the parent out of the room. Instead of going to the desk for another key they decided to beat on their door and yell out false threats to kids inside for about 45mins. Other than that our stay was amazing.

Breakfast was great. Much better than most hotels we have visited. Very clean rooms.Quiet location. Pool. No issues with parking unlike most places around the area. We stayed here before going to atlanta for the aquarium because the price of room was much better than those in Atlanta. And we didn't have to pay to park at this hotel like those in atlanta. Great stay.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

The staff could have been more professional. Two people at the desk had an entire conversation in front of me before even saying hello. Also, was told I would get an emailed receipt and never got it.

Great location. Clean bathrooms and bedding. Breakfast was great. Very easy check in and check out process.

No dislikes

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was very close to everything

The breakfast was not as good as most Hamptons-- lack of choices and cooked items were unappealing.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was great. Makes all the difference for me.

The property was great and the staff was very helpful.

The location was excellent! Able to get to several local attractions very easily.

• King Suite - Non-Smoking

Perfect stay!! Love the location. Plenty of close by places to visit!

Great all around.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, very clean. Good breakfast. Would definitely stay again!!

• Double Suite with Two Double Beds

Check out was at 12 and housekeeping woke us up at 950

It was very clean and spacious

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff that checked me in were very inpatient and not professional

All was good.

Met my expectation

front desk person

breakfast

The bed was very comfy and this Hampton is beautiful. It is in a fabulous location.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not enough parking. Got in at 10 pm on Saturday night had a hard time finding a space to park.

It was very clean and comfortable.

The eggs was like rubber over microwave

The bed was great and the hot water pressure in the bath was great also

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows and noise in hallway, walls are very thin

Friendly staff, coffee and tea always available!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My bed wasn't very comfortable

Great Staff, Nice appearance

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was in a good location.

Do to the holidays I No complaints

My room was clean and the staff is awesome

everything was great

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was excellent and the staff was accomodating and friendly.