Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Anaheim/Garden Grove 3 stars

11747 Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92840, USA

#16 of 135 hotels in Anaheim

I found stains on our sheets when I peeled them back to lay down that’s it Posting pics below

It was really nice and clean looking breakfast was good. Pool says heated but I went and touched it during the day and it wasn’t even luke warm it was cold.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

The omelets looked like someone tried them in a pan from a box. I tried to eat a muffin and they where frozen. Poor planning in food service

The bathroom light and fan where not working

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The air conditioner was a bit noisy and the drain in the shower was slow

The bed was comfortable. The amenities were great with complimentary breakfast and with the suite, the extra space and kitchen.

• One-Bedroom King Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The surrounding area looked dirty and ugly. Our view was of a parking lot. Also, the air conditioning unit was really loud and made a huge noise that woke us up as it shut off many, many times over the course of the night.

The one bedroom suite was great! Very large, clean and new. Breakfast was really great too, as was the staff.

The air conditioner was very noisy so we had to get earplugs. The barn style door didn’t close tightly to the bathroom so you could hear everything.

No light right inside the door

N/a

I was there to celebrate my daughter's 3rd birthday. They had an announcement board in the lobby and it recognized her birthday. Along with Minnie mouse ears and a birthday card left in the room. It was so special

Staff very helpful and extremely friendly. Stayed just one night, booked two. Explained that we would leave one night earlier and the hotel did refund the second night. I am really impressed. Hotel clean and modern. Breakfast was very good as well. What more do you want on your holiday. Well done !

The bed and pillows were super super comfy, me and my boy still dreaming about the bed at home :) Staff was excellent coz they assisted me in doing the laundry and helped us to weigh our luggage's at the fitness centre. that's not a usual request you get from guests everyday but they were very helpful. We will deffenetly stay in this hotel again but please consider providing that complimentary bus service to Disney.This will take your rates much more higher.Thanks

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The breakfast selection could be better. It seemed they used "fake" eggs and bacon instead of real thing. Eggs were watery and cold. Hot tub could be hotter.

The bedding is extra soft. So comfortable. Nice Big soft towels. Big 55" inch led Tv in both rooms!

Breakfast meat selection. Bacon is a suggestion

Cleanliness, all staff great customer service, new furniture beautiful, big screen TVs , microwave and fridge, walk in shower, free WiFi and breakfast. Late checkout availability

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

The only negative for me was in the cleaning of our suite. It wasn’t as thorough as I needed.

Overall excellent place to stay for a family. Super friendly and helpful staff

I didn't like how they didn't tell you that you would be charged a 15% deposit and the entire stay right when you checked in. Usually you are charged when you check out. We were on a strict budget for our Disneyland budget and put a little damper in plans. When you first book you should be told that information not surprised once you get to the hotel.

We loved the beds, great breakfast and hot tub! We also loved the little kids pool....it was per for our4.5 year old. The stay we're also very helpful and friendly too.

the front desk people were very friendly, especially Celine. breakfast was great, nice rooms, clean and great beds. have stayed at your hotel 2 times and would stay again when I return to California.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

I always stayed with Hampton Inn every time I travel but this particular location Breakfast choices is not much and also elevator was broken during our it was a hassle

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

I didn’t see signs for designated parking for the hotel. Maybe I missed it but it looked like a open parking lot and we paid $17/day.

The entire facility was nice and clean. Staff was excellent and kid friendly environment. Close to Disneyland and they had a shuttle to get there too. Close to a Target if you needed to get something. They had a texting service that we could use if we needed something as well.

Breakfast was REALLY not what we expected.

The breakfast did really not meet the expectations made by his price. The stay whas very expensive as a result of the NAMM Show, but otherwise every thing was excellent. Props for the staff, always ready to help you out with anything.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

Water pressure was really low and the toelet didnt flush well Breakfest was ok, wish they had some vegies

I was there for the namm show, nice and close to the Convention Center. Nice staff. Had to head back to LA a day early, and did not get charged for the lost night! Really nice of them!

They removed the towels from our room, but did not replace them. We had to call housekeeping when we returned from Disneyland around midnight. They brought them right away after we called though.

I really liked that they had different eggs and meats for breakfast each day we stayed there.

Nothing!!!

- super welcoming and helpful staff - close to Disneyland with frequent shuttles - clean and comfortable rooms - complimentary breakfast with decent selection - very convenient with an Italian restaurant across the hotel - wish we could have stayed longer!!

Cons: Toilet paper and kleenex are rough. You may want to bring your own. Shower stall has no curtain, so two people cannot share the bathroom (one showering and one brushing teeth type of thing) unless you're a romantic couple. Bathroom door has no lock, it's just a sliding door. Main door didn't close without being pulled.

Pros: Cost, got a great deal online. Breakfast: You couldn't ask for more, and a great variety over a five day stay. Some days scrambled eggs, some days prepared omelettes. Two different flavors of fresh made waffles, yogurt, and juice choices. Beds were super comfy!!!! Tv was large. Rooms were always cleaned nicely. There's a little card in the bathroom that says "hey, if you forgot anything like a razor, see us for a complimentary item." This is great, even though we didn't need anything. They waived the daily parking fee which was awesome! They always have bowls of fruit out 24- 7 even though breakfast is only 6-10 (?). The refrigerator worked well. The microwave was unusually confusing but it will work. I would stay here again given the chance.

No complains.

Jessica and Jesus at the front desk went out of their way for my family. From gifting my son of bag full of goodies for his birthday to making sure I got my makeup bag back that I had forgotten in the room. Breakfast was great as well. Thank you for a great stay. We will be back!

Parking was available but really expensive. I have always stayed in Hampton Inn whenever I go for holidays. Although it's was their policy that because it's was near Disneyland, I believed they should considered lowering down.

Room & Bedding was great. Breakfast was simple and tasty for family. Hampton Inn/ Suites never disappoint.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

We left in the am 7 am and returned after 3 pm to find our room had yet to be cleaned. Had to call request cleaning and step out of the room while they cleaned.

Could have been cleaner generally; parking was $15/day; bathroom door (barn door) offered little privacy; no fan in the bathroom.

Walking distance from Disney; comfortable beds and linens; complimentary breakfast.

Parking at both, Hampton and Disneyland is overkill. Got a shuttle pass, however that seemed redundant too. I don't think you should charge for parking.

Breakfast was great and staff was very friendly.

Had to pay $20 to park onsite when there was no shortage of parking. Wouldn’t honor my Hilton HHonors membership because I booked through Booking.com-never experienced that previously. Front desk clerk was businesslike but not welcoming-hotel was clearly not at capacity but they wouldn’t acknowledge my room request, putting me in a ground floor room by the common area ‘because I booked through Booking.com’.

Room was redone fairly recently and was reasonably clean.

The breakfast that was inclusive of the room was great and filling. There was a station for waffles, cereal, fruits, coffee, tea, milk, juices The sausage, bacon or sausage patties were served alternately. The room was very clean, the staff was very accommodating. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Tickets to Disneyland were available at the front desk. The hotel was serviced by a PCA shuttle bus that takes you to Disneyland and back to the hotel, the shuttle is convenient and safe. It is available an hour before opening until an hour after closing. I will definitely stay here again if I plant to bring my family to Disneyland...

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

They charged for parking even though I paid to stay at the hotel which is completely ridiculous. They also charged a 50$ deposit instantly but only returned it several days later.

They had big rooms and beds with ample space and nice curtains. The shower was fairly large and the breakfast was nice.

• Executive King Room - Non-Smoking

The bath towels are way too small and some are pretty old. I think the old, dingy towels shouldn’t be given to guest to use or even put in the restrooms when cleaned. Also, the elevator was quite dirty. Though I did noticed it was swept after our first night there, but it still smelled musty.

Breakfast is great! The staff was kind and accommodating. Jessica at the front desk went the extra mile to make sure we were comfortable and able to enjoy our stay.

Great breakfast, close to the Convention Center, nice and helpful staff, great fitness room. Overall, if i need to come to Anaheim in the future, will definitely come back here. For its price, i think the place is definitely great

When we got checked into our room, behind the bedroom door there was cereal on the carpet as well as other small pieces of debris on the floor throughout, didn’t appear as though it was vacuumed.Felt like they rushed to have the room ready.

We liked the free breakfast in the mornings

Difficult to arrange transport into Hollywood etc, staff we spoke to had no idea of buses etc.

Spa. Pool and spa late close time. Great bed. Nice breakfast

As my wife and daughter was therr for 10 days would have been nice to have a balcony room by the pool but not really an issue as was out most of time. Bug issue was thr pool area. The door is meant to be locked and u are meant to use your keycard to access in and out. Not once in the 10 days my wife.was.there and they were in the pool daily was that door locked. Had easy access . Safety concerns for young kids running out there. Also the towels are so small they are not adequate.

I liked how it was close to disneyland but still far enough away so it was quiet. Room was.renovated so quiet nice. Close to freeways and oitlets. Staff were so friendly and helpful esp Celine and Lyla. Couldnt do enough for us

I didn't like the pool towels provided, too small. Breakfast not great. Coffee bad and not always hot during the day. One thing I didn't like was the taxi drivers they provide. I was quoted one price at reception but driver charged me extra, honestly not grumbling about the extra but just the principle of it.

I liked the easy access to everything, close enough to Disneyland which was the focus of our trip but far enough away that it was quiet. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. The staff were excellent, could not do enough for us. Nothing was a bother. The pool area was quiet

Nothing was too difficult for the staff. Beds very comfortable and the apartment was all we needed and more. Breakfast is good and gym and pool are great. Location is good - close to Disneyland and Orange County outlets

Pool could have been a little cleaner.

Renovations were going on and there was only one lift working out of the two. We arrived earlier then checkin and they were very accommodating and got us into a room earlier. That was excellent service from them. Breakfast was good. Spannwas good. Caught an Uber to and from Disneyland and to and from Outlets of Orange. Was very happy with the service of staff at the hotel, they were always pleasant and helpful.

Had to wait extra long for 2 shuttle rides because the shuttle did not have a lift. My daughter uses a wheelchair. Was very uncomfortable waiting at the shuttle pickup area in Disneyland because there is no shaded area in that one spot for pickup (the other pickup spots have an overhang and benches so that you are able to sit in the shade as you wait for your shuttle). Also had an issue with renovation of hotel. We had water problems in our room and sometimes black particles would come out of the faucet while they were doing work.

Variety of breakfast choices, friendliness of staff, location

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Charge for everything like parking was cool, but we didn't fuss. Also disappointed That the room was booked for three adults and we only got one set of amenities. Also annoying to hear a bunch of young girls running up and down the hall. Overall it was ok.

Loved the welcome popcorn and cookies and that our room was so comfy

No safe on rooms. Carpet old and needs cleaning. $15 extra per night for parking is too much. Should be free.

Very good breakfast. Good showerhead. Central location in LA. Easy access to I5. Very good italian restaurant right outside entrance.

we did not get the room that we booked due to the hotel overbooking but we got free parking. Room was not clean properly and had what I gather was pancake syrup on the carpet. the pool was closed and under construction when I visited. in fact the hotel was undergoing construction.

The hotel was close to Disney and good restaurants. The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Construction was extremely loud Shower dripping/old bathtub Upholstery could be deep cleaned Carpet needs to be deep cleaned Needs more hangers or drawers Laundry rooms closed for construction

Friendly, smiling, helpful front desk Very good housekeeping - 4th floor housekeeping was amazing :) Complimentary hot breakfast!! Waffles, eggs, juice, bagels, yogurt-you name it. Distance to Disney Shuttle service Comfortable pillows and beds

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The hidden fee of $15 parking.

The breakfast was better than expected. I also liked how you had coffee or tea available after the hours of the breakfast

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Charged for parking each day 15.00 dollars without letting you know . Pull out bed worse then ever my brother in law decided the couch was better to sleep on

Food was cold

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The parking was horrible! I paid 15.00 to park and there wasn't enough parking! Plus the spaces were so close together I could barley get into my car!

I loved everything about my stay

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The baby crib was a bit soiled and had a hole in the netting area. It would also be nice if there was a vent in the bathroom.

All of the employees were very friendly. When I checked in, the front desk somehow knew that I was on vacation for my birthday and they provided me with free parking (a $30 value)! They also put together a free snack pack for me! Thank you Hampton!

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Non-Smoking King Family Room

Noisy & rude neighbors that the hotel didn't do a thing about, the king-size mattress sunk in the middle, super-thin walls, and the heater is really loud.

The breakfast was good, place was clean, and the staff were friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

I didnt like the 15$ a day of parking. It should be per stay.

Everything was amazing to the staff to the breakfast. They had a good variety of breakfast items to choose from. The room was so clean! All of the amenities were of good quality. Thank you so much for the great service!

• Reviewed: 30 November 2016

Nothing. I enjoyed the facility one hundred percent! Thank you!

Loved the fresh breakfast daily and the softness of the pillows! My husband said this is our new place to stay every time we go to Disney.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Two Queens - Disability Access Tub

Everyone was crowed at breakfast station.

The breakfast was really good and there was a lot to choose from and the staff was on top of it to keep the food warm and full.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Sliding room in the bedroom needed maintenance and no one fixed it. Some male staff could use some training on being more courteous.

I liked that I got a room on the first floor. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

one side of the king bed had a box that had 4 spots for plugs and USB ports but the other side of the bed had no plugs except for the ones being used for lamp and alarm clock

Free parking and shuttle to Disneyland $7 a person but it was cheaper for us to use the shuttle. The room was very clean, I check everything! Our bed was extremely comfortable. I for sure will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Pillows were too soft and sunken in. Woke up with a headache due to bed and pillows lacking support/firmness.

Breakfast was good, whole family enjoys it.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Bathroom didn't have a shower curtain upon entry, leftover used soap in the tray inside shower was gross, cleanliness left a lot to be desired.

I liked the bed and the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 3 September 2016

• One-Bedroom Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I saw a cockroach in the dining area. The facilities, decorations and fitments needs updating, carpets, paint and wall papers looks tired. Breakfast is quite limited.

The location is great

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

Rooms need remodeling. Carpet freyed. Bathroom outdated compared to competition. No hair dryer in room but front desk sent up immediatly.

Morni g breakfast good.

• Reviewed: 21 August 2016

Paying for parking, the very small parking spaces & the WiFi was not working very well.

The variety of breakfast. The friendly staff, fitness facility & pool.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Non-Smoking King Family Room

The staff and especially management worked with us to make everything right. We had a few problems when we booked our stay but the hotel went above and beyond our expectations to fix and to make things even better than ever anticipated. Will definitely stay w/them again on future trips.

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

Lifts and wifi quite slow, room decor quite dated,, Tariff steep ($200 plus)

Breakfast was great, staff friendly and helpful, beds were good and rooms spacious

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The sleeper sofa had a very poor mattress. We had to put 2-3 blankets and a quilt under the bottom sheet to keep the springs from poking through.

The girls loved the pool and breakfast everyday.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

A vent fan in the bathroom would be nice :) wifi was really slow

Overall great stay, good breakfast, staff was excellent, always smiling and ready to help with anything you need, hotel was clean and comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

Having to check out. Had lots of fun during stay.

The breakfast! Variety was awesome. Only downside, too small of an area where food located. Always crowded.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

Very comfortable and clean rooms! Loved the breakfast options! Enjoyed special treats (cookies in afternoon, newspaper)! Very friendly and accommodating staff! Large swimming pool plus children's pool and hot tub!

I wanted to thank you for the birthday cupcake with a personal note

Parking fee that wasn’t expected

Very nice staff.

• One-Bedroom Family Suite with Balcony - Non-Smoking

Great experience and the staff was very nice.

We had to take an Uber to Disneyland park but it was only $5

It was very clean with nice pool, Rooms and close to restaurants and shopping. Good price

Very clean and updated

No problems.

It was clean and modern. Looked like it’s been renovated so that was nice!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

Need air vent in bathrooms

Parking is super expensive and they don't have a free shuttle to the park.

The breakfast was great!

Friendly staff

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

Stairway was blocked due to painting. Seems like a fire code violation.

Excellent front counter staff. Excellent breakfast and bed.

Front desk staff excellent

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bathtub - Non-Smoking

Close to disneyland and restaurant

The bed The popcorn ceilings

Breakfast was great, bed squeaky and did not get replacement wash clothes automatically when room was cleaned.