Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Annapolis 3 stars

124 Womack Drive, Annapolis, MD 21401, USA

#19 of 25 hotels in Annapolis

Thought I could use HH gold points to stay but was denied.

The pool was closed. It was very dirty and unkept. I asked for a discount because the pool was closed (101 degrees) but was denied.

Bed was nice and firm.

We didn’t spend much time at the hotel so it wasn’t to bad
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I forgot my dental floss and the staff said they didn’t have any. The heat was on so high in the common areas that it made it uncomfortable to eat breakfast or play pool!

Cool layout of the closet! Nice design and roomy

Staff was not friendly. They didn’t say Good morning, evening. Doors were locked after 10. The front desk staff was sitting at the desk eating and didn’t help us get in. He never even spoke to us once we did get in.

Bed was comfortable.

Pleasant stay, very helpful staff.

My room did not have a microwave. There was also not a standard closet. There was a closet system for hanging clothes which covered a wide expanse or wall and was covered by draperies which were pulled to cover the area. I thought it was odd.

The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good - lots of options.

Plan on visiting Annapolis later this year and will use the Hampton on our visit.

Heating system in bedroom was very noisy also lobby doors did not work well while sitting in lobby area by fireplace was very uncomfortable. Location is a little tricky to get to the intersection by Riva road and under the highway is confusing.

Room was very nice and enjoyed the king room with king bed. Breakfast was good. .

Cold
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We had a heat problem in our room, the maintenance man came to our room when we arrived, because we couldn't get it to work, He got it working for a while, then we went out and when we returned at 2 a.m. we couldn't get our heat to work. It was 20 degrees outside and it was 68 degrees in our room. We left early in the morning and upon our departure we informed the front desk. Needless to say it was a very uncomfortable night.

People were nice, breakfast was good.

Other than the few items I've mentioned which could be considered an inconvience, I would stay again
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No microwave in Studio room, in fact I was told none of the rooms have a microwave. Web said otherwise. Everyone uses the one in the breakfast room for the entire Inn. No working printer, my receipt was sent email. The heater in the room had an oscillating tempo which increased as it warmed up. Somewhat annoying if you are a light sleeper.

Room was clean, especially the bathroom. Staff was very helpful. Breakfast was very class A. Surroundings were well lit and taken care of, outside and inside. Overall, I liked the cleanliness and decor.

Room was clean and large, breakfast was filling, staff was...
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Room was clean and large, breakfast was filling, staff was super friendly, would highly recommend over other properties in the area we have stayed at.

Good place for our group setting.

For whatever reason, our room wasn't serviced for 2 days.

Stasi and Aaron at front desk staff were outstanding in their assistance. Follana, Asst Manager, was most helpful in sorting out my multi party reservations; can't say enough good things about how squared away she is; thanks.

Not up to par

As above. Plus towels were thin,worn and not big enough; and only two provided.

Bed great. Room clean. Breakfast not up to our expectations based on many other Hamptons. No staff available in breakfast area.

With a little attention to some small details, a nice place to stay
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room AC was very noisy. AC air intake/exhaust at top of unit and bathroom vent hadn't been cleaned in a very, very long time. Some kind of splatter on the door frame and lower wall inside the bathroom entrance on the sink side. Parking a little tight if you have a larger model vehicle. Hotel can't provide a detailed bill upon checkout for tax purposes because the info isn't provided from the 3rd party booking agency.

Convenient location. Breakfast was better than most. Overall very well set up room, comfortable bed, large bathroom and very friendly staff.

Comfy beds, friendly staff and convenient location
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Air conditioning was a bit confusing as one was cooler than the other even though they were on the same temperature

Great size rooms and comfy beds, everything we needed was in the room and we even had a kitchenette and desk

Good place to stay if visiting Annapolis
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The room had an unfinished wall space, the air conditioning was old so there was more noise than comfort. Bathroom not very clean.

I liked the decor, the easiness to get to where I needed to go, friendly staff.

We will try to find a different hotel if we need to stay in the area
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hole in wall by the door. The floors were dirty in the corners. The night light in the bathroom covered the bathroom light switch. I made a note in the reservation asking for a roll away cot, the note was not read. I booked a room with two beds, and we were booked for a single.

Constant fan option of the climate control. Allows a better sleep as it drowns out the noise of the ac kicking in and out

The bed was very comfortable.

The staff when I checked in was pleasant however when I asked for a late check out the next morning the receptionist @ the front desk was not very nice. First off there was no one @ the front desk, I had to ask one of the staff members @ the breakfast area if anyone was available to speak to. When the guy came out from the back room he seemed upset that he was being bothered. I politely asked if I could get a late check out, he walked away to the back room & came back right away & said check out was @ 11. Very matter of fact, not making eye contact. Very rude if you ask me.

The bed was very comfortable. Although I didn't have breakfast there it did seem like there were a lot of choices of food to eat.

Very enjoyable stay and a good base for travelling around the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lack of safe in room. Room lacked storage space eg draw and hanging space. Bedside cabinets and (reading) lamp only on one side of each bed.

Waffle maker at breakfast. Fridge in room. Staff very friendly. Plenty of parking. Swimming pool and a good temperature of the water. Hotel recently decorated and new carpet fitted. Quiet location.

CREDIT CARD OPTIONS NEED TO BE REVIEWED
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

What I did like is that my CC was held for almost 400.00 and I used a different card to pay and that one was held for the same amount as well for the entire weekend. This part needs to be fixed as the website states that I did not need to prepay but my funds were held on both CC.

Food was ok. The staff was very nice and tried to make things right.

Poor Experience. Lots of little headaches that added up to larger frustrations.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

- My room layout was changed from what I purchased, because it was overbooked. The room layout was selected based on my needs. It wasn't "overbooked" when my money was accepted! The receptionist changed it back to the layout I purchased, but failed to annotate that (our new room) was now occupied. This resulted in customers attempting to enter our room at midnight, because they had been assigned to our new room. - As a Diamond Member, nowhere did I find it posted that I wasn't allowed to use (or receive credit for) my Hilton Honors Reward Points for this stay!! (Not even from HILTON). I will go back and verify this statement / claim. - Hotel listed as 3-Star level, but the equipment was comparable to a remote Motel 6! (Iron, baggage carts, TV malfunctions, ironing board, carpet(s), etc). Overall, a frustrating experience. I'm sorry, but I will probably not use booking.com again in the future. I do realize that a majority of the "bad experiences" I incurred, were the responsibility of the specific facility (the owners of the HAMPTON property). But I do believe that booking.com would've realized that this property was below their "claimed" standards, if a spot inspection was performed of the properties booking.com represents. If booking.com attaches themselves to a "substandard" property, then you will be viewed in the same negative light as the property itself. I hope you receive these comments as constructive feedback, and I appreciate the opportunity to share my concerns, rather than fill in a bubble chart ONLY.

Super clean, friendly personal and excellent services and...
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Super clean, friendly personal and excellent services and price, a room for 5ppl for just $129 on a holiday including breakfast none can't beat that.

Great location, undergoing renovations....call ahead!!!
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The hotel was undergoing renovations, we were not informed of this before we got there. The pool was unavailable because the pump broke, was repaired and there was a week long wait for the board of health to come and check the water quality. The fitness center was not available due to renovations, we were not informed of that until we arrived. The room was clean but in need of repairs on the bathtub(the finish was peeling off) the air conditioner in the bedroom did not work properly, the living room air conditioner worked fine. (We stayed in a King suite) No air conditioning in the main hallways..felt like the heat was on! Our smoke detector in the living room was hanging on wires and the bedroom didn't have one, in its place were some wires sticking out of a hole in the wall. We always stay at the Hampton, we have never had issues like this in the past at any property. I sent an e-mail to the manager at the hotel and never received a reply? Very disappointed with this particular property and the lack of response.

The beds were comfy, breakfast was good, lots of choices! Close to Annapolis marina and shops. Hotel staff were nice and friendly.

I like our room, I'd like the breakfast that they...
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

First floor was under construction, The outside pool was closed the whole time we were there three days at least that I know of I was unaware that the pool was closed, elevators old carpeting smelled, one staff member when we checked out was super nice and great the others were just OK.

I like our room, I'd like the breakfast that they offered in the morning, and I really like the location to downtown and to the Naval Academy.

Don't stay here!

The employee working there was terrible. The rooms were bad - 1 inch gap between the floor and the hotel room door (see pictures) - could hear every noise in the hallway - I have never seen this in a hotel before. You can tell it's a way older hotel that they're currently renovating. Pool and rec center aren't available. Walls paper thin so got to follow the TV shows of my neighbors. Just a really horrible experience. Would never recommend this place.

Being able to leave after 4 days.

Very Disappointed
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Hotel being refurbished and workmen using one of lifts which left it very dirty and uninviting. Our room was less than clean. A/C vents were filthy in the bedroom, as was the whole room. Needed a good Spring Clean, and there was a hole the size of a child's fist beside the plug in the bathroom sink. A health hazard to everyone from injury potential to germfest!! The pool was not in use apparently until memorial day and was absolutely disgusting to look at. It should have been covered. Overall not a pleasant stay. None of this was mentioned during our booking so between this and another we booked through booking.com I am reluctant to use you again. It's such a pity as Annapolis is such a lovely city and one of our favourites. We travelled from U.K. and really expect more for our money than we received. You must take into consideration travellers are not just from "down the road" we pay big air fares and expect more from hotels. We complained to reception but were told to direct our complaints to booking.com so there you are!!

Not much

Once is enough!
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the receptionist treated me as though I never had a reservation. I called 2 weeks before arrival to be sure we could bring our dog. They assured me it was fine and that we'd be on the 1st floor for convenience of walking her. On arrival the receptionist wanted to place us on the fifth floor until I reminded her we had a reservation And a dog. When my daughter was making the pullout sofa bed, she found a bra in with the blanket and pillow! Relatively clean, although the floors were sticky.

Breakfast was nice.

Breakfast was good
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

They where remodeling, which is good. I dont think our room was ready. Missing items. The remodeling workers took over the elevators. Had to walk 5 floors. They left doors proped open, it was really cold!

Breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Would like to come back when the remodeling is finished.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping was noisy during the day. The pool was closed despite warm weather. The hotel was under construction and we had no running water for a portion of the time.

The breakfast was wonderful. Great variety and nice spread. The front desk was friendly and accommodating.

Extremely dated and ugly room...

Room was extremely dated, bathroom was ugly and old, front door will get stuck, had to push hard to close it every time we went out, had to change the room card key three times because they would not work, and so on...

Room was fairly clean, breakfast was good..

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

They were in the middle of some renovations so it was a...
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They were in the middle of some renovations so it was a little dirty in the main areas because of this. My room was okay, bed was comfortable but I just wished it would have been a little more updated overall.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Loved my stay here
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It is very cold outside. It would be nice to have a outdoor heater for people that smoke

Everyone has been great. The staff is so nice and helpful. Would stay here every time I need a place to stay

• Reviewed: 17 February 2017

Professional staff and clean facility make sure you know how to get around the area.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was not able to provide directions to public transit.

The staff was courteous and professional. The facility was very clean, neat and modern.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Quick trip
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room was very comfortable. Breakfast was more than substantial. My wife loved the eggs. Plenty of hot water and the bed was nice and crisp. Even though the room was close to the highway, there was very little road noise.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

I have stayed a few times at Hampton but I will probably try another hotel thank you
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Carpets should have been vacuumed before check throughout the floors. Also went down at 7am for breakfast and out of items, but helper just smiled which was better then unhappy.

Kindness of the assistant at the counter

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

Great!

Heat was kind of noisy. I didn't complain, but it was louder than other places I have stayed. Not a deal breaker at all, will stay here again if I need overnight accommodations in Annapolis.

Super comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Well worth the cost - excellent breakfast , very nice room.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Signage needs to be improved-- I drove round and round trying to find a drive to enter which was in the back of an industrial park all while the building was clearly visible from the highway

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Why stay anywhere else?
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

We stay here every time we visit our daughter and family in MD. Mattresses are unbelievably comfortable. Like the convenience of breakfast in house. Staff is always very nice.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Hampton Inn - Annapolis
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Fitness center could have been a little larger but what was there was fine.

Breakfast was very good - eggs, waffles, fruit, bagels. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Good breakfast food selection each morning.

Tea selection for breakfast was bad, no caffeinated black tea options. New pillows needed, was surprised by this since Hampton pillows are usually pretty good. Rooms could use an update. Carpet throughout hotel is getting worn and stained.

Good breakfast food selection each morning. Appreciated evening snacks. Parking was close by and readily available. Location close to highway was good, also pretty close to historic Annapolis. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Nice location, old building
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

dirty / mold in the shower. Old building in need of a major overhaul. The breakfast was sub-par.

Tucked away in some nice trees but still near the Annapolis mall area and close drive to USNA

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

Excellent hotel Mgr. Falana Martin is the best
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Need to update bathroom they were a bit old and the sink kept getting clogged. But it wasn't a big deal. But for the money paid I want a sink that runs properly.

I wanted to given a special thank you to Falana Martin, the manger on duty. She was extremely nice and helpful. She made the process of checking in much better. she has a pleasant attitude and i will definitely come back just because of her. Others need to take notes on how to treat a customer. Thank you Ms. Martin

OK Visit

Tough to find the place. Couldn't check in early. Bed was uncomfortable. Low light fixture in bathroom. In room refrigerator froze all beverages.

Convenient general location. Room A/C kept the room cool on very hot days.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

Disappointed about lack of hot water
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

For 3 of the 4 days we stayed in the hotel facility work was being done that caused the hotel to not have any hot water in the rooms for an extended period of time. This was a difficult situation for us as we were at the Navy football game and returned to the hotel to get ready for a semi-formal function at the Naval Academy (it was my 40 reunion from the Academy). My friend and I were very disappointed that no notice or arrangements were made for performing the work at a different time (like during overnight). We were in room 407 from 1 - 4 September 2016.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Not a good example of a Hilton acommodation!!

We made reservations for 1 King Bed Suite and two rooms with two double beds. When we checked we put the baby pack n play up and put the baby to sleep in one of the double rooms. When our third party arrived, their room only had one TINY bed and a chair. When we went downstairs to show them that our reservation was for two rooms with two double beds, they said there was nothing they could do and that it was booking.com that got it wrong! I'm not a complainer, but when you are told there is nothing they can do for you and just look at you and do NOTHING, and it's close to midnight, it frustrating to say the least! We had to wake the baby, and change rooms in order to accommodate our other family members. (I felt it was my fault because I am a hilton honors member and insisted on staying at a hilton accommodation) I wish I hadn't! The room with the king bed suite had a TERRIBLE odor and the light in the bathroom was broken. All the rooms were rundown and just nasty. The beds had a post it note letting you know the sheets were clean. Not classy at all. Lastly, All our credit cards were billed incorrectly and over charged! It has been nothing but a hassle from the beginning. I would never recommend this Hampton Inn and Suites to anyone. I have already contacted Hilton, I have pictures that Booking.com suggested I take. I wish I had taken more. They need a lot of work. When I called today about the credit card situation, I got the only pleasant employee that would help. Hilton needs to re-vamp this place.

Breakfast was clean and well stocked

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Wonderful and friendly staff!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No microwave in the room. I also didn't like the joint door that is shared between two rooms.

The staff was very friendly and assisted me during a brief sickness whilet I was there. They were really sweet about taking care of me, their customer.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

Money should be given back

Dogs barking all night long Pee in the toilet when we arrived Bathroom ceiling caving in Hotel door had huge gap that let in light and hallway sound

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

This place is a WINNER!!
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The laundry room was located inside of the rec room so while playing pool, we had to keep stopping to let people get past us to get to the laundry room.

The staff was extremely friendly and the room was very clean.

Pool not clean and shower water not hot enough

Pool not clean and shower water not hot enough

Trip to Annapolis!£
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Poor lighting in the kitchenette, swimming pool was closed, shower pressure was weak

Bed comfortable, room was clean

finding the place

finding the place

Disappointed
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

View of the dirty pool from my window

Nice. Good location.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Pillows were a little too soft for me. Coffee could have been better.

Staff was excellent and helpful. Room was comfortable.

Short stat, but i loved it.

There was nothing that I didnt like.

My rrquest for an early check in was granted. Staff was very freindly and Hampton permises are very clean.

It was a nice family get-away.

Some items needed to be restocked quicker.

There was a good selection of items. Waffles were good.

Great experience overall
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room only had 2 towels...disappointing to have to call the desk for more.

Breakfast was great! Bacon!

I didn't eat eggs!

I didn't eat eggs!

Nice Quiet Price Performer

The only negative is that it's a little hard to find.

Our stay was fine.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The toenail on our bathroom floor found upon entering our room the first time. Only one blanket given for the pullout sofa.

Breakfast was good.

The bed and the breakfast
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bathtub was a little uneven when standing in it

The bed and the breakfast

Very good business trip

Do you have a way to easily travel to down town Annapolis?

The comforter was very nice

Is good everything

Is good everything

great
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Clean, quiet place for an overnight with park nearby for a walk.

Breakfast wasn't the best--maybe because there were so many other guests.

Room was clean and quiet.

excellent

what's not to like

breakfast was great nice selection,room clean and quiet

Staff was less than helpful

Staff was less than helpful

Great hotel with awesome breakfast!

The breakfast was great!

Liked everything, rooms super clean, beds very comfortable.

Breakfast was not good

Liked everything, rooms super clean, beds very comfortable.

Location is a bit tricky to find, even with navigation.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Location is a bit tricky to find, even with navigation.

Nice area and easy to get to.
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Everything was delicious. Lots of choices.

Beds are super comfy!

Beds are super comfy!

Was enjoyable.
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room entrance door did not close normally, had to pull it closed.

Bed was comfortable, bathroom was updated, plenty of outlets.

The Air conditioning unitis way too loud and kept waking...
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The Air conditioning unitis way too loud and kept waking during the night

Had a great get-away weekend. Very impressed with the updates at the hotel!
    • Double Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Rooms recently renovated and very nice and modern. Comfy bed, very nice flatscreen tv. Hot breakfast and a great place to stay with your pet.

The room and the bathroom

The room and the bathroom

Overall good breakfast was ok just basic not happy with charge from front desk they keep your Mon

Moldy shower

Bed was nice clean room but bathroom had my shower

Could have been better