Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites-Atlanta Airport North-I-85 3 stars

3450 Bobby Brown Parkway-Exit 73, Atlanta, GA 30344, USA

#80 of 250 hotels in Atlanta

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Old decor, place could be cleaner, better quality breakfast.

Property needs updating. It was quite old compared to other locations and brands. As such there's more dirt in the corners and smelly carpets in the elevators than should be expected. Breakfast was just ok, quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Please above comments. Thanks

Breakfast was great,but egg omelet was dry, gravy was salty, and fresh fruits was an excellent. Otherwise I really enjoyed your breakfast. Thanks

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The king sized bed was super comfortable and the room was quiet and clean! We had a 20 hour layover from Paris. It was the perfect nest for 2 very jet lagged older couple like us.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The rooms wasn't clean and you couldn't watch tv properly cable needed to be fixed... And they kept charging me extra money after i had already been charged for my room... They charged me $442.00 and after i paid that they charged me and extra $70.00 for know reason.. And they took there for payment out my account before i even got there to check in!!! I hate that place and i wasn't happy with there services.. And one of the front desk workers asked me for my bank information.. I asked her why am i being charged an extra $70.00 and she told me she didn't know and i told her that the hotel just over drafted my account and she told me to give her my bank info and she wanted to contact them.. i wasn't comfortable with giving her that information... I would like a complete refund for how i was treated!!!!

Nothing at all

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The excellent customer service and personally friendliness of all employees. Even housekeeping and food service. Those 2 areas you might find some unfriendly or impersonal employees, in other hotels. However I was very pleased to see that Everyone was very accommodating and professional. I Will return.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

the hotel is located too close to the interstate was extremely noisy ! asked for a room that was located on the other side of the hotel away from the interstate but was not to get .

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fitness center could offer more variety of modern equipment but still functional.

Service and food was excellent. From the time I checked in to check out, everyone was helpful. Had an issue where I thought money was stolen but turned out i had misplaced it. When I approached the manager Donna she was more than willing to help me resolve it.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

The room was very stuffy even after I lowered the air and had it blasting. The bed sheets had a stain on it. Other than that, it was fine for a one night stay.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hard flat mattress, no private parking, can see into bathroom from room door, ac rattled all night and rude maintenance staff

Breakfast was phenomenal, free WiFi, clean rooms and great location

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bed was very comfortable and even though we forgot our toothpaste the receptionist gave us some for free! :) We also were given a to-go baggie with breakfast because our flight left at 6.30 am and we had to leave before the free breakfast started.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

There was lots of road noise. Bed was very uncomfortable. My skin was on fire from the sheets.

Staff were excellent. Proximity to airport is excellent for the price and I felt very comfortable about my car in the lot.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I liked the helpful staff, clean facility and location. I would definitely stay there again when I come back in town. The rooms were clean, large and comfy.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

The bathroom was clean but out dated and there was one time the outside garbage can was overflowing with garbage.

The staff was AWESOME! Super nice and professional. I have never stayed at a hotel that the staff was this friendly on every shift. I checked in late, so the first person I spoke to ensured she communicated with the next person that my arrival was going to be late. The woman greeted mine with a smile and expedited my check in. While going to the room i noticed how clean the facility was. The bed and pillows were so comfortable!! I had a child with me and was so happy that they had channels for her to watch cartoons ANYTIME end adult channels for my older son and me.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All pillows were too thin and limp. Need firmer pillows.

Great staff. Good breakfast with low-far, low-calorie yogurt. Great layout for lobby breakfast and computer area. Family friendly.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

Better communication between front desk and website

I never got a receipt for booking. It told me online i would pay upfront but at the desk they said my card was charged online.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

I arrived at 10:00pm and our room was not cleaned yet so we had to wait 30 minutes to get in our room. Did not offer us another room. Also was close to the interstate and very noisy.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

We stayed at a time when the hotel was under construction. The staff did not communicate effectively what to expect like limited parking and the inconvenience of having to park your vehicle across a busy and well traveled highway at another facility in the dirt and open field.

beds were comfortable

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

I called prior to booking and asked if there was long term parking and I was told yes. However, upon arrival I was told that the long term parking was across the street at another facility at $10/day. I think the room was not worth the money.

The breakfast bag and coffee In the wee hours of the morning.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotels carpet and rooms hadn't been updated since the hotel was built. The carpet was old and nasty even though housekeeping cleaned it it was too old to tell. The hotel was under renovations I think that should have been known when you tried to book it especially when your own business and you trying to work. I'm a big fan of the Hampton usually it's a very nice hotel

The location and friendly and accommodating staff.

• Non-Smoking King Suite w/ Sofa Bed

Construction in progress made check in with lots of luggage a challenge. Staying at same time as major football game - Falcons/Dallas - meant noisy partying patrons.

Helpful check in staff. Room/suite very comfortable and well laid out.

I we stayed longer.

Your staff were all extremely mindful this is a hospitality industry and acted accordingly. I do rooming negotiations for Jehovah's Witnesses Conventions in Tucson, AZ and you would definitely be on my list.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com misrepresented the room I booked with a photo and written description of a more expensive room. It was disappointing to walk into a room that looked nothing like the room that Booking.com suggested I was reserving.

The staff was friendly, helpful and fun.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room should be more clean and the hotel or booking.com never advised that the hotel was under renovation, situation that was not comfortable, especially during the morning when you were asleep and then you hear noises hitting the wall with the hammer or the driller, not good experience with this subject of the current renovation. We made the reservation months ago and the price we paid at the end was the same even with the problem of the construction, they should charge less…

Breakfast and location.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The lack of towels in the room. I like lots of towels

It's a secure property and although, I was just passing through town, I was very comfortable

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good at all. Had to pay to eat at Waffle House because the limited option at the hotel. Food was gone well before 10 am also. Very disappointed.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Not great lighting in the room and the bathroom was small.

The convince to the airport. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Free parking.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

This hotel didn't have the park and go for Airport travel. I didn't check ahead, no fault of the hotel.

Enjoyed the friendly staff and comfy, clean room.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

The hotel is right on the highway and as a result, very loud. Even with ear plugs, it felt like there was no window to buffer the noise. Also beware, there are 2 airport Hampton suites-a north and south. The shuttle does not clearly note that and so we ended up at the south one where the desk staff was rude and although said this happens all the time, instead of shuttling us to the north one which is a 10 minute drive, they said they could call us a cab. The staff at this hotel was appropriate.

The room was fine.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

I was booked for 2 rooms when I only booked one...still waiting to see if the charges..they would not give me receipts going through a third-party booking

Friendly front desk

• Non-Smoking King Suite w/ Sofa Bed

PArking filled up fast and had to park at a lot across the street not the end of the world just a little inconvenienced

The king suite was bigger Then I expected. Breakfast was fresh and delicious and area kept clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Family restaraunts and bars are walking distances from hotel

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Freezing air conditioner. The air-conditioning as soon as you come in the door hits you hits you like a freezer. There is an arm security person at night dressed in military pants. That's kind of scary . I'm glad that he's there but, maybe he should just buy like a police officer or in plainclothes it sends the wrong message about where my Hotel is. Pool was a joke, and was behind the building next to parking lot. No lounge chairs, and that it was closed because of kids messed it up. I don't care cause I have no appetite for jumping into that pool. Staff was amazing though! Very nice and professional, and canceled out most of the negatives.

Staff was very friendly.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The location was perfect for our needs. They provided a shuttle to the airport on the hour and half hour beginning at 4:30 in the morning. The staff were polite, professional and personable. Coffee ( regular, robust, decaf and even hot water) was provided 24/7 and made fresh every four hours! I travel frequently and have never had access to the Business Center with the computer and printer provided complimentary (no credit card!) The room was clean and the accommodations were perfect for our family. Breakfast was provided and included waffles and a variety of items. The front desk staff her accommodating and even helped us with choices of businesses to order dinner from.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

The mattresses were very uncomfortable and needed to be replaced. We woke up with pain on our backs due to the uncomfortable mattress.

It was very clean and neat appearance. Breakfast was great with a large selection.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The pool always looked cloudy. I was stuck in the elevator one night The elevator was never fixed and luggage had to be carriedf down a flight of stairs at check out. A 24 hour elevator repair service should be made available to the staff,since this inconvenience was beyond their control.

I loved the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. The breakfast was always prepared nicely and area kept clean.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

No communication regarding shuttle service to the airport. Receptionist not offering to help out and to my dismay bus couldn't accommodate our party of 6 so caused further delays.

Fabulous stay beds were amazing. Great night sleep. Very impressed with breakfast.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Close to the airport and interstate, but quiet enough to not be a problem. Clean, fairly comfy rooms and great breakfast selection that changed slightly for variety.

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The spa bath was located in the bathroom, when I asked the clerk about it, she gave me a nasty look, upon checking in the young lady asked for my id and after I gave it to her and somehow I was still given the wrong room key, went upstairs to the room and entered it, as I looked around and seen children's shoes I knew I had to be in the wrong room, I ran out embarrassed,went back downstairs to get the correct key, I explained to the lady what happened she seem genuine in her apology but I didn't feel comfortable staying there so instead of staying until Mon as planned we left the next morning

Security on site

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Need more staff during breakfast. The coffeepots should be able to keep the coffee at a temperature better than lukewarm because you can't place the cups, provided, in the microwave.

This is the FIRST hotel I've stayed in whereas the elevator was always smelling FRESH. It never had a bad smell. The rooms were accommodating. The breakfast was ok. The coffee was always lukewarm and there wasn't much of a selection. The bread was too large to fit into the toaster slots. You need more than one person to work during breakfast especially on the weekend. The front desk staff was pleasant when I arrived. I really liked the location of the hotel. I didn't realize there were so many restaurants around me until I got there. I would use this hotel again and recommend it to others.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No pool towels available. Sofa bed was horrible. Breakfast staff really rude and grumpy.

Pool was great. Easy to get into and parking. Front desk staff pleasant and friendly.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

a little highway noise, but they are reportedly in the process of new upgrades (windows) to fix that.

close to the airport, 10 minutes by shuttle. very friendly staff. great breakfast. would definitely stay here again walking distance (3 minutes) to several 24hr food locations if you get it late at night (McD and Waffe House) not fine dining but acceptable for an empty stomach

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

My flight had been delayed for 10 hours in Toronto so my reservation cancelled. I showed up and the nicest lady was able to accommodate me and reinstatement my reservation. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was on the side facing the interstate and airport, which was very loud. I was told all the rooms on other side were sold out.

Breakfast was great! Room was very clean and well furnished. Location is convenient to airport and relatively easy to get to with shuttle.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When I encountered some booking problems (wrong room booked first and then when the correct room was booked I ended up with two reservations) and contacted the hotel, I was coarsely told that they could not help me and that I needed to contact Booking.com. That was understandable since I had booked through Booking.com, however I was unaware that that was what needed to be done. Rather than politely telling me I needed to contact them, however, the hotel staff kept me on the phone for 15 minutes, looked up my reservation and told me it was my fault for booking multiple rooms which I had explained to them was incorrect since I hadn't booked two rooms myself. I had booked one room and realizing that it was the wrong one I arranged with Booking.com to cancel the reservation and book the other. Finally, I asked is there anything you can do to help me or am I on the phone with the wrong people. That is when they finally said I needed to contact Booking.com. When I got in touch with Booking.com, they said their records reflected that what I stated regarding my reservation was correct and that the hotel has mis-booked the rooms. It was a waste of time and the hotel employee was very rude. Once arriving at the property, the other employees were professional and the stay was as to be expected from an airport hotel.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Wasn't aware that Hampton runs your credit card prior to your arrival which doesnt give you the opportunity to change payment method.

Very clean hotel...easy access to highway...staff friendly and helpful.Hot water was great! Lol Please consider pork alternatives for breakfast. GM immediately took care of an issue I had with keys to my room.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

When we got there the attendant said we only had 2 rooms - I booked 3 rooms. We arrived at the hotel at 2:30 am. We were frantic!! As, I had called the hotel @ 4pm to confirm all rooms. The attendant kept saying you have to call the 3Rd party (Booking) I could not get Booking on the phone. After, trying to find another hotel to no avail, the attendant suddenly said my other room was booked under another name...did not make sense! Still would like to understand what happened. A response is greatly appreciated.

Location & comfort of this hotel was excellent! Will stay again.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

The bed was very hard to me. The breakfast was okay. I had oatmeal because the eggs were watery and the sausage links dried up. The coffee was weak. There was a lot of airport and traffic noise but no more than usual at an airport hotel.

The front desk clerks were very polite, friendly, and helpful. The room was clean. Internet connected quickly and stayed connected. TV reception was clear. Had a refrigerator and microwave.

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

That you don't take cash, everyone don't have credit cards to reserve a room.

Coffee was delicious it was available 24 hrs. Bed was nice fluffy and clean. Bathroom and shower was very nice.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff were great and the room was nice, so it's a real shame that it was made bad by the lack of decent sound-proofing. For a hotel beside a freeway and airport, that seems such a basic thing.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I stayed in room 216 and traffic noise a little bothersome. Would have liked to been told another side of the building is a little quieter if really tired and you wanted to get a good nights sleep. I fully realize you have no control over traffic noise but you do have room selection choices or options to help in that matter. Very pleased and still give you 9 out of a possible 10 rating.😊😊

The bed,room,breakfast,and the front counter were all very good. Shuttle service to and from airport a great convenience. Would stay with you again, very pleased. Early check in appreciated and Internet availability for printing boarding pass a definite plus.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The atmosphere of the area near the hotelwas not attractive. The bed we slept in was too spongy. Cheap. The room had an old air about it. Nothing very exciting about it. Staff was pleasant to communicate with. We didn't stay the second night.

Breakfast area and servings were great.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

We had no real complaints. At first, it looked like parking lot entrance/exit might be tricky, but that proved to not be the case. Perhaps that it's technically within walking distance to restaurants, but it's still a bit of a hike?

Room was clean, quiet. Front-desk staff was friendly, helpful, professional. Although we didn't take advantage of breakfast, we really did appreciate the 24-hour tea/coffee/cocoa in the lobby -- after several hours outside in cold rain, hot cocoa was perfect. The lobby area was inviting, and we noticed guests taking advantage of the space for meeting, all day long. There's a pantry by the front desk, so that you can purchase food for your in-room microwave and fridge (i.e., frozen dinners, ice cream, etc). They even provided plastic silverware in the room, which we thought was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: 14 December 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Desk Staff could have been friendlier. Pay more attention to customers vs chatting with coworkers about non-work topics!

Breakfast buffet help was friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Don't know if they can do much about this but, the side of the hotel we stayed at faces the interstate. All night long you could here the loud noise of traffic, even from the 6th floor where we were. Maybe put better windows on that side only, for noise reduction.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The desk clerk Raymond was amazing. He was so helpful, kind, and honestly made what was an exhausting day of traveling a little more pleasant. The property itself is what you can expect from Hampton- clean and nice.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and it was nice to have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker in the room. The television channels were abundant and a nice large TV. Breakfast was great!! Checking in and out was simple!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was nothing to not like.

Room very comfortable, sorry to have only a one night stay. Your morning breakfast can't be beat - great variety and delicious food. Thank you.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The mattress was a bit too soft for our comfort.

We wanted a hotel close to the international terminal and this location was perfect. The staff was great.

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Building showing its age, but no issue with cleanliness. Road noise was evident over night.

Clean with friendly staff, would stay again, at the price we paid.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Had a sofa bed for the kids and there were no pillows for them. We did receive extra pillows but I had to go down and get them in my PJ's. I just wish one of the cleaning people brought it up for me because I was trying to get the kids bathed and settled down. Other than that our stay way great.

Staff very friendly and helpful!

• Reviewed: 23 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

You didn't have bacon lol!!! On the breakfast menu.

The fact was the rooms were a nice size, great location, the breakfast was good, specifically traveling with small kids.I like how quiet it was, even though we were near a airport.

• Reviewed: 30 July 2016

We were only there to sleep. We left at 5am

I thought this airport hotel would be basic and average but I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and secure it was. (Security guard posted in parking lot.)

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not much. Only the pool was cold and the WiFi was slow. Compared to all the other good things, it pales in comparison.

The breakfast was awesome, the staff was helpful. They helped me with high chair at breakfast, check in was a breeze! Hell, they even smiled. I could check flight info on a board inside the hotel. It was quiet and I slept like a baby. There was a shuttle from the hotel to the airport. I had a refrigerator and microwave for snacks and warming bottles for the kids and baby! I would definitely stay again and recommend to friends traveling. Oh, did I mention the pull out couch? That came in handy when family came to visit me while I traveled.

• Reviewed: 9 July 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Clean the rugs near the kitchenette. With food, it can become very soiled. But to save on the cleaning every time, I would use a smart design area rug. Which like the linens, can be tossed in the wash!

The breakfast was good and fresh. Variety every day. Always eggs, either in omlette style or scrambled. Much offerings to meat choices. Fruits, muffins, juices, just too much to detail. Rooms clean and fresh. The Hampton Inn has a nice environment weather business or leisure, single, family or friends. The lobby is nice and big. Friendly, inviting environment. I wanted to sit down there just to enjoy the living room atmosphere. Rooms offer a mini kitchenette. Microwave & refrigerator. A big deal to me. Bringing in fresh snacks or micro dinners is very handy. The kiosk offers things to chill or micro. Nice!

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

• King Room with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

I ask for a room close to the elovartor and was put all the way down the hall. The furthest away with out going out side of the building. My wife and I are and older couple we were put in a room with a wherpoll tub and it was hard to get in and out of. The TV would not work. After trying to get it to come on for over 30 min. I call down for help the person at the front desk did not know how to help us. She told me she would send some one up. After and hour she call back told me that the engenior had left for the evening and there was no one there to help me. She did offer to move me to another room and floor ( just as far away as the first one ) but after being in that room for almost 2 hours we opted not to move. Finley we were told they would discount the room to us this did not happen.

Bed was ok.

Staff rude

• Non-Smoking King Suite w/ Sofa Bed

Pool should have been Cleaned prior to opening and Continental Breakfast was Awful food was either cold or Luke warm.

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very helpful with storing bags after checkout and until shuttle

No bar no restaurant

Staff was very accommodating

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was old and very small. It needs remodeling.

It was quiet and the bed was comfortable.

Wifi very poor

Modern very clean.

It was in a nice area

It was quite

Everything was great!

The staff was excellent and provided superb service!

• King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

very low quality standard compare with high price.just because the hotel is close to the airport doens't means that the price has to be so high.

• Non-Smoking Double Queen Room W/ Ottoman

Toilet got clogged easily but they fixed it ASAP

Breakfast was great Location was great.