Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Atlanta/Duluth/Gwinnett 3 stars

1725 Pineland Road, Duluth, GA 30096, USA

#4 of 21 hotels in Duluth

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The water was off for hours and I had to get ready for my college graduation ceremony. It was an inconvenience but the staff did Everything they could to keep me satisfied.

Great hotel

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I could hear the people next to me talking I could hear their full conversation. There was little to no peace. I didn't even get the room I booked.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I think the hotel/rooms could provide a little more reading material in terms of what restaurants, attractions, and/or venues are around the area.

We had an exceptional breakfast in the lobby area. The beds were very comfortable.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

There was no hot water, coffee in room no adequate creamer, i do understand maintenance issue caused no hot water.

Ambiance, quiet and comfortable beds were just soft enough and comfortable

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I didn’t like the fact that there were mice droppings in the bed. There was about four cars that got broken into in one night and the hotel didn’t have cameras. I will never stay at Hampton inn and suites again in Duluth Ga

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The kitchen appliances were filthy the furniture and couch pillows were filthy. When it rained the carpet got soaked and smelled sour thru the glass balcony door. The toilet leaked the entire time I was there for 10 days!!!!! And one last thing the breakfast was HORRIBLE!!!! OMG!! I was there to recuperate from surgery the pics from booking.com made the hotel and the breakfast seem spectacular! And the laundry was hot as hell inside the tiny room. It was only 1 washer and 2 dryer in the HOT room and the dryer didn't even dry the clothes all the way even after putting lots of quarters in on the 6th floor. Booking.com pics showed a laundry room with about 5 washers and dryers with a nice open space but that was a LIE too!!! SMDH!!!!!

The manager name Pam

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

I just stayed on night on my way to Athens for the UK-UGA football game. Not knowing the area, it’s a little tricky to get to it, unless you have GPS. Once you’re there though, it’s a very nice Hotel. I had to call them several times that night from the highway requesting a later check-in, and they were very pleasant to deal with.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Staff unfriendly especially the night shift old woman repcetionist, she was unfriendly, made me wait while she was chatting in phone sound not business related she was laughing and sharing stories with friend while she made me wait. She wouldn’t go the extra mile to accomodate your request all you ask is simply no there’s nothing i can do about it.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The beds we're not comfortable. The water pressure was not good in the shower. The walls are thin so you hear other guests doors closing, flushing toilets and when they are in the shower.

The hotel was clean and the staff was great. I had a small issue with additional charges to my card but the manager Pam worked very hard and got the issue corrected.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

When they came to clean the room they didn’t leave any coffee. Both days we had to call for someone to bring some up.

The suite was great, loved that there were doors to separate everything and it was so big. Beds were very comfortable as well. I am on crutches right now and all the room made it very accommodating. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

The front desk staff personnel, Stacy. Upon arrival , we were told no rooms of our selection was available so we were asked if we would accept an upgrade. Well of course but we waited almost an hour to still be given the room we selected. We didn’t complain to the staff but thought this to be unprofessional. I am not sure if they read the request as we asked for a 1:00 PM check-in still not to get a room until almost 4 PM. Other than that, we enjoyed our stay. Thanks for reading this.

Comfort of the room. Breakfast was suitable and cafeteria staff kind and helpful. I always love visiting Duluth as the area has a variety of places to go for shopping, eatery, etc.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

We had one of the adjoining rooms and at 3:30 in the morning the people next to us were trying to get into our room. Scared us all but I call the front desk and they took care of it.

The staff was very nice. The breakfast was delicious! I would stay here again.

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

It is a little hard to find because there is not a sign out by the street (pineland) We had to go past then come back and guess that it was the building behind the hedge.

It was a great facility. I felt it was a little expensive compared to other hotels in the area but overall, it was great.

n/a

Very comfortable suite, attentive and friendly staff, close to everything .Most friendly and helpful receptionist ever (Pam), so lovely and great first impression of hotel. Couldn't have been more sweet, giving me directions to my event.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

This staff was amazing. Showed amazing hospitality. Was very helpful. Will def be staying here again on my next trips. Thanks for the great hospitality.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

There was a water leak in the room. As near as we can guess, it was associated with the bathroom, possibly the shower (the AC unit was on the opposite side of the room). I told the staff about it at the front desk on Sunday morning before heading out about town. They said they would get it resolved or get us moved to another room. When we returned in the early evening, the lady at the front desk had no idea what we were talking about (was actually a bit on the snippy side) and neither did the maintenance crew. They found a "blower" type device in our room so obviously SOMEONE knew something, but either did not pass anything on to the incoming team, or the incoming team was just negligent. The carpet was dried up but there was no offer by the staff to move us and there was no further discussion on the matter until I lodged a complaint the next morning as we were to leave. The person at the front desk (different than the previous two we dealt with) was very nice, apologized several times and reduced our total bill by removing the charges for one night without us asking for any compensation.

Good location that worked well with our plans.

I wished there had been a restaurant guide in my room. I came back from concert famished and didn't know any pizza/take out delivery places. Just saying. Overall everything was five star

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast was great! Miss Diane did a swell job making sure I had everything I needed, she kept the breakfast lounge very clean. Check out is at 12pm which is a plus !

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

My nephew left his ipad in the room and the cleaning staff took it. I was very disappointed with the honesty of housekeeping and I'm looking into further investigation.

I loved the staff's friendliness. We stayed in the suites and it was perfect in size.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

My daughter and I arrived earlier than check in. And the lady at the front desk saw how tired we were and although check in was at 3pm,we were allowed to go to our room any way. That REALLY help us. The place was so clean and close to everything. We really enjoyed our stay!!!

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

I traveled from out of town and couldn't even check in one hour early, so my family and I had to sit in the parking lot of the hotel for an hour before being able to check in. Because of the long wait we ended up missing most of our grandfathers funeral. The room was extremely small and I requested a room for 6 people. There was hardly any room to maneuver around. The whole night there were loud noises, like some type of metal clashing against each other and moving back and forth. It kept my family and me awake all night. The bed spreads had strands of hair all over them. The sofa bed didn't work right and I had to call for someone to pull it out. I also had to call for pillows and towels because the bed didn't have any and there were enough towels for 2 people when I requested a room for six people. I never received a receipt for my stay or anything explaining the charges. When I asked about the receipt I was told it would be emailed to me and I am still waiting for that email. Overall I would never go back to that hotel and I will let everyone I know that travels there to never stay at that particular location. As much money as I spent for one night it was the worst experience I've had at any hotel I have stayed at thus far.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

In making reservation, bookit.com failed to comply to my request. The staff corrected the mistake though.

Being on higher floor and the quiet food was good and coffee was great.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Staff would not allow us (2 adults) to sit by the pool after hours. We were not being loud just sitting talking after a long drive. Was sitting away from the pool.

Extra clean

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Food and drinks left in the refrigerator from previous guests...disgusting!!! Over charged for rooms that's taking too long to clear up...annoying!!! Was up since 5 am trying to get an explanation from the front desk and from someone with booking.com. Both blamed the overcharge on the other. Was told that everything was taken care of, found out during checkout that it wasn't. This was Sunday, Oct. 9 and it's Tuesday, Oct. 11... nothing has changed and the overcharges and $100 incidentals are still on hold????!!!!!!! REALLY!!!This is taking care of things? I tried to make sure that this wasn't going to happen during check in but the front desk person said everything was fine and waived me off without allowing me to speak to him because he was busy. Will never stay at this location again and will let everyone know how bad my experience was here. When you mess up, own up to the mistake and make all the necessary corrections. Don't continue making the experience worse.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

There is nothing I can say I didn't like. It was an excellent hotel and I had an excellent room.

I loved my room and the friendliness of the staff working.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

- The door to my room was hard to close, but certainly manageable

- Modern furnishings - CLEAN - Well maintained - Respectful staff, including housekeeping

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

I had a Michael kors watch went missing and the staff just seem like oh well your lost they told me they looked for it ,I left in front of tv wrapped in a napkin I feel house keeping threw it away I don't want to point fingers at no one but I know I left it there

Very comfortable beds and sofa sleeper

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The room was literally brand new, it didn't exist before the remodel, so there were some things that weren't working or put in the room yet. The mattress was too soft for me, but I had a decent night's sleep once I found a spot that stayed level. The microwave wasn't there, but I didn't end up needing it. The TV was a brand new 42" flat screen but not wired into the system. Because I had no TV service I was given a gift card. That was quite acceptable to me! I have extensive food allergies, so I didn't eat the free breakfast at the hotel.

The hotel was recently remodeled and my room was brand new. It was essential to me that the room be clean, I have a frig/microwave, and have a walk-in shower. Everything was new, clean and comfortable in my queen handicap access room. I loved it! The sheets were soft to the touch, the pillows were down (or down-like) and supportive, the towels were soft and luxurious--a higher quality than anything I have ever bought. The furniture was comfortable and the room was plenty large enough for my 1 night stay. I was on the ground floor. Besides the curtains there was a heavy shade covering the window for privacy and to shut out the light. It was a very quiet room, I had no noise issues from outside the room. The service was excellent. When the TV didn't work the hotel sent their tech person to see what could be done. He was a very friendly and professional young man, and when it was discovered the problem wasn't with the TV I was given a gift card. The staff were awesome. I tried to add a room photo but for some reason it didn't download.

Can’t think of anything.

Staff was friendly and the room was very clean.

The coffee was fresh

The breakfast was great, and the staff was incredibly friendly!!

I loved everything

Excellent service and facilities

Longer stay

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast was crappy for such a beautiful place.

The suites are very spacious and have a balcony.

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Great service, modern decor, the staff is kind. The hotel is a hidden secret with a great location outside of Atlanta.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Older hotel. So the room I was in had an older

Friendly staffs & convience location

Friendly staffs & convience location

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Housekeeping did an awful job of restocking toiletries and towels.

Clean. Quiet. Good location.

n/a

the breakfast is good and the room its perfect

o

bed very nice

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The rooms are clean and cozy. Will definitely book again!

LOUD...had to complain about noisy neighbors. Plus you could hear all the plumbing.

Clean, good value

I love everything about it

Very nice and clean

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Close to downtown and great complimentary breakfirst😘

Free breakfast Ms.Diane/Pam the kitchen staff are awesome

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom was not clean (toilet & floor)

Location Staff

I have no complaints

The bed was amazing. Didn't want to get up.

Nothing I can think of that I didn't like.

Everything was fine.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Pool could be open at 7 as on the sign. I am an early riser.

Excellent breakfast variety with hard working employees.

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The breakfast space was a little small and crowded. The selection could have been better with more fresh foods to choose from.

The staff were lovely.

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave no dressers or chest for personal belonging

no comment

Prior reservation was honored

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Bathroom fan did not work.

Bed was soft and comfortable

Room is to small, and staff waking us up at 8 a.m.for no reason.

The bed

• Reviewed: 2 June 2017

Liked everything

The was fuffy and clean

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Breakfast poor would eat out next time

N/a

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Bed was not very quiet.

I love breakfast included and location.

N/a

The view was beautiful.

Great breakfast!

Could not find a thing

Everything friendliest staff and I used to manage a hotel.breakfast was fantastic.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Kids were a little disappointed the pool wasn't open. ( not open until May)

We needed a suite, and this was a very nice suite for a great price.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Super clean. Very close to shopping areas. Staff was excellent!!

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The water temperature in the shower.

Great bed and bedding. Good breakfast and lots of variety for any eater. Good choices of coffee.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

• Queen Room - Disability Access/Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

Traffic coming in was bad.

Beautiful room. Awesome staff. Loved the bedding!

• Reviewed: 21 January 2017

The cleanliness and the breakfast was very good!

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Person at the front desk speaking to the staff very rudely

Very nice and clean

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Not enough space

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

No turkey products

Waffle

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

The property was quite remarkable and the free breakfast was incredible. A-plus!!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2016

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was nice and great. Had a great time staying

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

Bed was hard..

Breakfast was great..plenty to eat..bed was a little hard but overall had a great time..Definitely will stay there again..

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

• Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Mess by the laundry room they had alot of boxes with cleaning supplies and, it was hard to walk by

Breakfast and the rooms very comfortable.