Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor 3 stars

131 East Redwood Street, Baltimore City Center, Baltimore, MD 21202, USA

#14 of 78 hotels in Baltimore

Bathrooms slightly outdated compared to newer locations.

Lobby area was very trendy and welcoming. Breakfast was amazing...great choices. And overall staff was excellent.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was amazing, and the coffee was delicious. The room was beautiful with so much space. & Oh the Beds!!! So Comfy!!! The staff were always smiling and so pleasant. We had a great time!

No complaints

Everyone was very friendly accommodating. The pool hours were perfect. The ability to keep your car parked after checkout for the day was incredible It was close to everything my 3 year old wanted to do. Walking distance to the science museum, aquarium, port discovery, ripleys museum

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I couldn’t get the Wi-fi to work as either a guest or HHonors member. And the sofabed was comically uncomfortable.

Great location and breakfast. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and accommodating.

due to no fault of my own our flight was cancelled due to bad weather in Baltimore. I e-mailed as soon as our flight was cancelled to tell hotel. No compensation was given

good breakfast! comfortable beds rooms not sound proof as I would like. excellent location.

Parking was extremely expensive. A strong scent of weed was smelled throughout multiple floors. HUGE TURNOFF!!

The rooms were clean and comfortable. The hotel was within walking distance of all activities located downtown.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some unsupervised kids roaming around, but I assume it was spring break.

Beds were soft and comfy. Breakfast was good. Everyone was so friendly. The men at valet were extremely kind and helpful.

Overnight parking expensive Breakfast area a bit untidy and staff, although hard working, had difficulty keeping up with morning rush of guests.

Very convenient location to Hippodrome and waterfront if you enjoy walking.

I didn't like the parking and valet system. It took to long to receive your car and it was rather pricey to go along with room rates. In the future I wish the price could go down for valet, from my travels and experiences it was a very high price.

I liked almost everything. The room was great very clean, the staff was more than helpful. Slept like a baby bed was exquisite. The hotel location was walking distance away from most of the attractions in the inner harbor.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Comfortable beds. Super clean. Breakfast selection was nice. Loved the coffee & hot cocoa/tea in the lobby. Parking attendants / busboys were so friendly.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was in room 328 the Mattress was covered in dried blood. It was so much dried blood it looked like someone has died in the room. They change my room but it was the one of the most uncomfortable experiences that I ever had. It made my children so uncomfortable.

Ability to adjust thermostat in room. I tried to make room cooler but the temperature didn’t seem to go down.

The room and bathroom were clean. Bed was comfortable. Front desk staff very friendly. Breakfast was great. All around great experience. We’ll be back

No view but it’s only 2 blocks from the Harbor.

I booked 2 rooms for a birthday party sleepover for my daughter and her friends. Very reasonable rate. Large rooms. Plenty of towels. Free breakfast. But the best part of our stay... The staff, the staff, the staff!!! I am pretty sure this is the friendliest most helpful staff in the hotel business. They made the stay super special. We had the best time and this will be our Inner Harbor hotel go to.

Mistake made by front desk at check in. We were assigned a room that was still in the process of being cleaned. The very nice man in housekeeping went down to the front desk to rectify the situation . He came back up to our floor within a few minutes with keys to our new room.

Room was modern, clean. Comfortable bed.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Without exception the staff was warm and enthusiastic. Buffet breakfast has good components, but it is just impossible to make hit bits better than just okay. So, we weren't disappointed, just sympathetic to the problem. On the other hand the check-in cookie might have saved my life!

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They refused to clean the room when I asked about changing the sheets they said they only change them every 3 days my stay was supposed to be 258 they charged my card double that price and said I would have to wait for a refund

The location was close to the harbor

They had a incident fee and didn't tell anyone and i had to wait till the money was put on my card

They need to tell you about the incident fee before you book the hotel

Loud exhaust fan inside my room. We had to talk over it and turn the volume up on the television. Eventually, got use to it.

Front desk and breakfast staff, location and no parking garage or parking lot offered.

No hot tub, breakfast was pretty cheap for a Hampton inn but was still good, the bed was just a normal pillow top.

Location, cleanliness, the location was scary but was very close to public transport, and staff.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was glad for the indoor pool. A hot tub or jaquzi would be nice!

Big room, safe environment, walking distance to the aquarium and restaurants, Nice lobby, nice staff, good breakfast.

Beds are very hard, the costs are confusing. The pre authorization is crazy! I am glad I have enough in my checkbook to cover the overdrafts they caused me to incur.

Loved the location of the hotel. The breakfast was wonderful and the staff amazing!

Nothing bad here!

We weren't at the hotel for long but check-in process was a breeze and we arrived early around 1pm. They leave the doors open for the room you're checking into and make sure you have your key to use the elevator as it will just sit in the lobby unless you slide your key once inside. Front desk was personal and helpful. Breakfast in the morning was excellent. Eggs, sausage patties, waffles, and much more. One person in my party ate twice, once at 6am and another time at 830am. Easy checkout as well. The location can be difficult for your uber to pick you up with so many one ways around. 7-11 is about a block away which is great as well. About .5 from the Camden yards light rail makes it so easy to get to and from BWI (30 min on light rail). less than mile to M&T, 1.2 miles to Fells point where we spent our Saturday night. .5 to little italy.

I didn’t like being charged 35.00 a night for parking when everything I needed was within walking distance. I will choose a different place next time.

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The breakfast is good, although wish there were vegetables.

Very good hotel, clean and comfortable. Good location. Easy to get from the airport by public transportation - by tram.

Parking was horrible. I mean 182$ for a room that wasn't all that and then pay 35 just to park. Parking should've came with the 182

Breakfast in the am

The sink area in the room could have been a more spacious...bigger vanity.

The hotel was extremely well kept, staff were friendly and helpful, breakfast was fantastic. I liked the idea you can brown sugar, dried fruits, and almonds to oatmeal. Many breakfast options to choose from. The room was nice and clean.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The only parking is valet which adds to the cost of your overnight stay.

Great location. The room was large, comfortable and quiet. It had a great breakfast.

I was in town visiting my husband. Whom I haven't seen in 5 1/2 months while he was shipped over seas. He was in town for one night. We got back to our room after dinner and it was fine. Right after we turned off the lights it started. The Air handler on one side banging every time it went on and off. Then the banging from the room at our head board. We got up and left at 3am. No sleep.

Would love to start off with something nice to say, Eddie at the front desk should get a raise. He went above and beyond. Excellent people skills. David the valet was so polite and helpful. Also went beyond just his job.

The room seemed a bit worn about the edges, but everything worked fine.

The room was quite large, breakfast was decent, and the location was convenient to Inner Harbor. Being able to reach the hotel fairly easily from the airport via the light rail was an unexpected plus.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms could be updated a little. Maybe for breakfast which one day to bacon and the next sausage.

Loved the complimentary coffee and hot chocolate. Staff was awesome.

No view of Harbour.

Beds were comfortable. Area was quiet. Moving from room to breakfast was a breeze. Just smell your way. Valet parking was went smooth prompt. We had left a bag and housekeeping found it and turned it in and then the front desk called us and we were able to turn around and go get it. We were a short distance away at the John Hopkins scleroderma. Thank you

• Standard Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The ladies that made breakfast were great! They helped my daughters out and were very friendly. The valet even ran back to our car for us when we left the diapers in it. We really liked that you needed a room key to work the elevator. It made us feel safe being in a city. Check in and out were easy!

Nothing stands out - I would say it was average or better

It was a good locations for what we were doing - close to the inner harbor and the ball park

Every thing was great. The room. the location, the breakfasts, the pool. we took our 8 and 11 year old grandsons on this short trip and we could not have had a better experience --- and the Hampton Inn made our trip more special. This was the second time we stayed at the Hampton Inn (Redwood Street) and will return.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was all very friendly and made every attempt to make our stay a great one. Hotel was within walking distance to everything we wanted to visit. Thank You

• Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The person I spoke to on the phone found this hotel for me as when I originally called she said the hotel I wanted was booked but she said this one had availability and it was a good value for our overnight stay to attend the Tom Petty concert. Location was EXCELLENT.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pleasant, clean and functional but guest rooms and upstairs lounge/common areas are in need of refurbishment. The upholstered furniture is "tired" and we had to place a towel behind the headboard to keep it from rattling.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

On our last day we were in our room waiting for check out and one of the staff members opened our door to come in without knocking first.

Really enjoyed the variety of breakfast items.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I wish it was 2 rooms oppose to 1 room, maybe a suite.

The breakfast was great, my family loved the pool and the Staff was very nice and friendly, I would stay again.

the hotel was just ok the employees were friendly and helpful but the area is a little rough, had to walk 4 or 5 blocks before you found anything going on other than other hotels. The area outside of the hotel is dirty up and down the streets

• Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The facilities were a little worn and barren. There was nothing wrong with them, they all worked, but they were pretty basic.

Everything was well provided for a typical hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The location was great! It was about two blocks from the harbor and easy walk to the aquarium and other harbro related activities.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Parking was an expensive addition....if you're a Hilton Honors member, there should be some "price break" for parking "at" the hotel. If you plan on foing things close by, and walking everywhere, it's not a big deal. Otherwise ee took the car out once and did what we wanted to do 'outside' of the inner harbor area, and once we returned, stayed close by the hotel.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

You are definitely are paying for location. It's a nice hotel, but you are definitely paying for location. However, I would stay there again.

So the staff was quite awesome. Especially Kristy who was super pleasant and helpful, and very easy to talk to. The location was great because we were an easy walk to the inner harbor but not far from the highways because we spent a day in Philly. Great stay. The wifi was also pretty good. The breakfast items also changed everyday so that was great too

Breakfast wasn't that great -- packaged muffins, etc.

Valet was excellent. The young man even offered me a cold drink and snack because of the time it took to retrieve my car.

Hall noise was bothersome. Noise was not from noising guests but from beeping smoke detectors (low batteries) that weren't attended to in a timely way, and from a very noisy ice machine. The fitness room was small and poorly equipped. Moreover, the staff did not do a good job of replacing the towels. Waiting 20+ minutes for valets to get car was a real drag.

Beds were great; location was good as well.

Parking was ridiculous and two blocks away and overpriced. Probably spent over a nights stay just on parking the car for the weekend. That's insane. Pool hours sucked too.

Bed was nice, large bathroom was nice, although the water pressure was ehhh. The TV movies and channels were great and the staff were delightful.

The only issue was that on the last night of the stay, the air went out. But there really were no complaints from any one this trip.

The hotel was lovely. And the staff was amazing. They helped with directions and getting my elderly grandparents rides to all of the restaurants that they wanted to visit. Since my nana uses a walker, this was a big help. Also the location is great. The hotel is only two blocks from the harbour.

I could not understand while some guests(we) were charge $2 for a bottle of water and others got it free depending on the clerk who was working at the front desk.

Good Breakfast variety. Valets were helpful and friendly.

I know resources are limited when your hotel is located in center city, but I did not like having to pay to valet my car overnight. This is something that should be discounted or complimentary for the guests staying at the hotel.

The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially "Doina." She made me and my boyfriend feel like long time friends with her. The free coffee in the lobby was always fresh, stocked, and available 24/7. The location of the hotel itself is something we liked. It was a block or two off of the inner harbor where all the action is, so it was more quiet and only took us 1 minute to walk down.

The pool did not look as advertised, very outdated and small. Did appreciate the free breakfast in the morning and coffee and tea available all day!

Room was neat and clean but on the small side.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We stayed at the hotel because it had a pool but when we arrived the pool was out of order.

It was a excellent kid friendly place. Everyone was so helpful. Breakfast was great.

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The valet was outstanding. David and his team members went over the top to make us happy. Front counter and staff were also outstanding. Anything we needed they wete on top of it. 5 stars all around.

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

There was only one comforter on the bed. The sheet was attached to comforter. You couldn't just sleep with the sheet if you were warm. You had to use the entire comforter.

The friendliness of the staff.

Room was small but it was fine bc we spent most of our time sightseeing. The curtains didn't close the best. Was a little noisy during the night but the air conditioner helped with noise when it kicked on.

Value; friendly staff and the breakfast.

would have preferred bacon and or make your own egg section.

I must say, your staff was so friendly, welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. I was impressed.

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

The valet parking was good. The valets were excellent but it was a little confusing when you first get there because you don't know exactly where to pull up. There should be someone stationed there to direct you

The hotel was nice and clean. The room was nice and the staff was really friendly

the room smelled musty, like it had been wet. After dark the area seems a bit "dicey", I would never walk alone there...

enjoyed the ease of valet parking/retrieving car. It was great to have both a mini fridge and microwave for heating up those leftovers. A short 2-3 block walk to the inner harbor attractions, restaurants, bars.

• King Studio - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

We were put in a handicapped accessible room, which would have been fine except for the fact that the carpets were worn and the shower head was too short for my husband to comfortably use. In addition, it was broken (this was fixed). We not able to move to another room due to overbooking. We were told that since we booked through a third-party website, there wasn't much that could be done. We were a given a discount for one night, but not both as stated by the front desk clerk. The breakfast was cold, stale, and not appetizing. Our car was damaged while in valet parking.

The staff was very friendly, especially the valet service. Location was convenient to the Inner Harbor.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I never saw a high chair for breakfast until the third morning...wished I had seen that earlier. The pool was closed the first night due to chemical problems but was fixed the next day. Thank you for discounting our stay due to this.

The breakfast, the lobby (coffee and our kids loved the mint jar!) and the location to the aquarium, inner harbor, and children's museum was great! We parked our car and walked everywhere. The pool was great fun although the cholorine was a bit strong and stung our eyes. The room was comfortable even for a family of six. Thank you for a great stay! We would definitely stay here again!!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The handicap room. I did not realize that I booked it until we arrived and the shower would not go up to regular adult sizes. I wish that breakfast would have offered non pork/non beef options.

The hotel staff were very accommodating and friendly. The hotel's appearance was lovely.

Room was okay and nothing amazing. Cleaning staff did not come in and clean my room on two days. I had asked them to come back later and maybe it was misunderstood as not to come back. Some of the nearby areas seemed a little unsafe.

Really nice breakfast selection in the morning. Staff provided me with some forgotten items for my room. Breakfast staff were very friendly.

Great location, excellent breakfast and the beds and rooms were spacious and comfortable. Lots of local good and sights to see within walking distance.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Two times my keys wouldn't work and I had to return to the desk to get them reprogrammed. The swimming pool was very small and as a result was over crowded so we couldn't use it.

Excellent free breakfast! The lady working in the breakfast area was very friendly and very helpful. She kept the area clean and well stocked with a wonderful variety of hot and cold items.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Our showerhead was handicap-accessible so it was movable, but we couldn't get it to stay at its highest point so we ended up having to hold it in place the entire time as we showered. I told staff and was told there wasn't anything they could do since they were waiting on a part--and that's it. No apology, no offer to move us, nothing to make it right. Everything else about the stay was great, but that was extremely disappointing.

Breakfast was amazing.

Breakfast...Updated rooms

The Lobby is very beautiful and chik ,but the rooms could use some updating,breakfast was nothing special,but the area was clean. Staff (valet and front desk) were nice and knowledgeable. Love the location,5 minute walk to Inner Harbor....

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

The price was pretty high for one night, and the beds weren't very comfortable.

Helpfulness of staff and the look of hotel inside very clean and well maintained

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We liked that breakfast was served until 10am. Traveling with young adults and children, it makes for a hectic morning when we have to get to breakfast by 9am. It was a nice, short walk to the Maryland Science Museum and National Aquarium. We were prepared for below average temperatures, so were able to enjoy our stroll around the harbor. We also appreciated that we were able to keep our vehicle parked at no extra cost for several hours past checkout time.

The location was great! The receptionist Christian was terrible he called me in the morning claiming my card didn't work when I got there it did. Then during check out the same thing happened and my card was fine. The elevator was not working with the key swipe had a hard time getting to the room

The location was great! The shuttle to MO's

After a long few days of travel, I wanted to rest, and I didn't appreciate being awakened at 0800 by the house keeping staff trying to enter the room to clean it. That wasn't cool at all.

It was very comfortable, and the location is perfect.

Bed was great , and the room was nice and clean overall the whole hotel was beautiful. Breakfast was great no complain at all .. I would stay here every time I come ot for a visit

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel does not have a restaurant, but there are options around.

The hotel was excelent!!! Great staff, great acomodations, excelent location - near the Gallery, the inner Harbour, near the Hilton hotel! I loved the breakfast! And when the air company did not delivered my luggage, they gave total support. In brief: PERFECT!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 February 2017

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The cost of parking was high. No hot tub in the pool area. Finally and the room was a little dusty.

Wish there was a hot tub. Great location and wonderful staff!! We were able to walk to everything. Quite family friendly!!

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

• Two Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

My comforter had a very large stain on it, the whole floor smelled like pot. The breakfast was cold and there wasn't many places to sit and eat it.

The staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The omelets were watery and tasted odd and the pool was small.

Location was excellent. Within walking distance to the Convention Center and Inner Harbor

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The variety was great Fresh fruit yummy. My little girl decided she wanted some ceral after 10 my husband went down and they was cleani g everything up so he asked if he could get ceral and they said sure so he got it and there wasn't any milk so he asked and they went and got him some. So very nice

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Baltimore Inner Harbor traveller photo gallery