Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox 3 stars

#4 of 24 hotels in Lenox

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Handy to Everything!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

After making the reservation on Booking and requesting handicapped accessibility, we arrived at the hotel and found that was not what was reserved. To the rescue, Elyse worked her magic and we had an appropriate room for my handicapped Mom! During our stay Aline and the rest of the "breakfast ladies" made sure breakfast was available during the entire mealtime. Everything was kept full; there was no lack of items. I would return to this Hampton anytime as well as recommend it to friends. NOTE: If you have special requirements, call the hotel directly.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

WE NEEDED TO JUST GET AWAY FOR A FEW DAYS TO UNWIND, SEE SOME FOLIAGE AND ATTEND SOME CULTURAL ACTIN

WE DID NOT ENCOUNTER ANY PROBLEMS.

THE LOCATION OF THE HOTEL TO VARIOUS SIGHTS AND ART CENTERS ie GREAT BARRINGTON THEATER . THEN MOUNT, TANGELWOOD, GREYLOCK MOUNTAIN ABD HISTORIC LENNOX

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Outrageous rate/ inappropriate room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability/Hearing Accessible with Bathtub

We arrived late after missing the signage for the hotel on the highway. The Front Desk said that happens all the time. The food in the dining room for breakfast was COLD and not replaced quickly. We asked for a room with limited mobility and was told 201 then 207 were accessible rooms- not so. There was a large jacquossi tub in the room and no heighened toilet seat. The key didn't work in the door which necessitated going up and down the hallway with the luggage and my walker. The attendent at the Front Desk tried to be helpful but had trouble getting her act together. She did bring a commode to the room but there were no bars to grab on to. For almst $300 / night, I expected the usual Hampton experience and would not recommend this property to anyone

The room was clean.

Good location and quiet setting off the main road.

The coffee in the entrance way was lukewarm when we arrived. Is it replenished later in the day?

The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was typical of most chains.

Nice hotel stay in Lenox, MA

It was kind of difficult to find the sign outside and because of all the trees, not easy to see the hotel itself.

Ease of checking in and very comfy bed and very nice TV and shower.

Very pleasant hotel, but not close to downtown Lenox.

The Hampton is about a 10 minute drive from the quaint downtown area of Lenox. It is on a busy commercial strip, but set back far enough so that you don't hear or see the road.

The Hampton is a modern, well maintained facility. It has a small but lovely pool and a spacious breakfast area. The rooms are pretty standard, but very clean and comfortable.

The hotel is as expected, perfectly adequate for a relatively inexpensive stay at the Berkshires.

Our room smelled a little like cigarettes but was otherwise fine.

The staff were friendly and helpful, the food seemed good, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. Blackout curtains were helpful. Neutrogena bath supplies were nice.

James Taylor concert stay

We had a view of the air conditioning unit. There was no where to charge my cell phone on my side of the bed. The toilet in the bathroom plug very easily.

Staff was wonderful. Alyssa and Olivia went above and beyond to make sure our stay was comfortable. Alyssa actually called a restaurant and got us a reservation when everything else was booked. We ate at Mazio‘s Italian restaurant down the road. It was delicious!

Nice clean stay

Breakfast to simple and with to much sweet things, but I think this is so in the US.

Nice big room for our family. The pond in the backgarden. The indoor pool. Close to shops.

I really liked my stay,I would stay again!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The view from the window totally sucked,all you can see is a wall.You should do a time study on how much time everyone wastes on waiting on the elevator.

I thought the room was great.I didn't use the hot tub ,didn't have time.Everything was clean.

I would not stay here again.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The room was not quiet. All you could hear were doors slamming at all hours. There is no view.

Breakfast was good. The staff was friendly. The room was nice but was not ready until after 4pm and then keys didn't work. We had a view of a dumpster. All you could hear were doors slamming all night. Maid service never showed on Saturday and clean towels were needed. I would not stay here again.

Location was good, as we were attending concert at...

Price was high for this level of hotel.

Location was good, as we were attending concert at Tanglewood; the price was very high for this level of hotel.

It was a comfortable and restful stay. Just what we needed this weekend.

Parking was limited close to the front door. It would have been nicer to have more parking near the front door.

The bed was perfect. Many times when going away the beds are too soft leading to a backache in the morning. That was not the case for this stay.

Everything was great!

I did not have any issues other than the problem with their computer system which was down during my stay (for some reason) so I had to have some cash with me to pay for 2 nights. At the end of my stay the system was working and they were able to provide me with the invoice (business). Other than that everything was great! Definitely recommend!

Everything was great!

Excellent! I would stay there again and again!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The bed was so so comfortable ... the breakfast was fantastic--I thought it would just be a continental breakfast, but I was wrong! I like that the hotel is set back from the street; it was so quiet. We had an in-room jacuzzi, which was a real treat!

We loved how modern it was and how easy it was to book...
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Only one robe in our room when we arrived. We called down for another but thinly only left had no belt. Not crucial but a little annoying.

We loved how modern it was and how easy it was to book online and interact with the staff.

We stay at the Hampton Inns across the country and this one was just a little disappointing. :(

"Free" breakfast was horrible!! Sorry, but the food was cold and artificial. Oat meal was very watery. But the area was "very clean" and well stocked!!

Hotel was extremely clean and the public area temps were comfortable (not too cold like most hotels) Room was kept very nice by attendants during our stay. Adequate parking that was very well lighted.

Nice, clean, quiet

Tried to check in a bit before 3 and room not ready but friendly staff gave suggestions for a nice place to visit

Very clean and bathroom well appointed

Very Pleasant

Unable to connect with WiFi - aggrivating but staff offered help

Rm was very clean, breakfast was appetizing & offered many choices. Staff helpful & helpful

*the front desk staff was welcoming, assisted in dinner...

*the front desk staff was welcoming, assisted in dinner choices and called the room to make sure everything was as it should be. Hilary is a gem of efficiency and kindness.

Staff was accommodating.

Room was overlooking parking lot, location is a bit odd, but being off the main road probably isn't a bad thing. Facilities, particularly the bathroom, a bit dated & run down.

Staff was accommodating. Complimentary breakfast was ok.

We only stayed one night and it served our purpose.

The bed was a little small for a queen compared to our own queen bed. The heat/air was hard to regulate. Constantly coming on.

We only stayed one night and it served our purpose.

Nice, relaxing place!!

I liked it all!!

The staff was friendly and very helpful. The decor was incredible, and the breakfast buffet was plentiful. The daily complimentary cookies were amazing. There was fresh coffee available at all times, as well as tea and hot chocolate. The grounds surrounding the hotel are beautifully landscaped and very well kept. The fitness center was a plus! It was clean with up to date equipment.

A wonderful site to be with family.

I really think the stay was great but I thought I'd put more down on the cost when I booked the rooms in the winter. I gulped a bit at the bill.

We liked the breakfast we had downstairs as it accommodated all of us well, including our 5 year old granddaughter. The rooms (2) were very spacious but I guess that boosted the price. My cousin and her husband were there for one night in a smaller room which seemed fine. We could think of nothing that we missed. Our granddaughter really enjoyed the pool. We liked the fact that it was off the beaten track, so to speak, because the inn itself was down in a more secluded area away from the main highway. This made our stay quieter and safer. We loved the fact that there were nature trails near the inn but we were so busy with other things we didn't get the opportunity to use them.

A great place to stay

The towels were replaced with less the second day. We were two people in the room with towels for only one.

The staff was very accommodating. Friendly, always smiling.

Hampton Inn-Lenox is a great place to stay while visiting the Berkshires.

Directions to location weren't explicit-it took us a few tries to locate the hotel in rain and darkness and trees. The sign is very small (not an eyesore for sure!); access via street off of highway.

The bed was like a cloud; coffee in room and also in lobby; complimentary breakfast was very good. The best aspect is the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff-every one of them we encountered.

My stay at the Hamptons inn was overalls a good experience.

My stay at the Hamptons inn was overalls a good experience. The room and hotel was very clean. The staff was lovely and polite. Any requests were speedy and welcomed. The only critique I would focus on was the breakfast. Although breakfast was included, there was nothing edible. I am not used to all this sugar and calorie rich food to start my morning. There was very little fresh or healthy food. although bread was offered, there was no cheese spread or slices of tomatoes cucumbers or ham only jam and honey. The fruit salad was mainly from a can, and eggs almost always had a vast amount of cheese in them. As a health oriented person, found it very difficult to eat breakfast and quite frankly dreaded it. As part of the Hilton Hotels, I definitely expected much more.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Will not return to this hotel, way to expensive for what they offer. There are other hotels close by

The windows do not open. In order to get any fresh air in the room you have to use the air conditioning unit in the window which is very noisy. Breakfast was included, but the selection was minimal with air travel omelet served in cheap paper plates.

Room OK, bed not so good.

I didn't like the bedding. The bed itself was comfortable.

The duvet on the bed was way too heavy and hot, even when the air conditioning was on -- in May, in Massachusetts! Please just provide a blanket. I ended up using two towels as a blanket. Also, the foam pillows are not very comfortable.

Excellent facility, nice staff and great location of Berkshire!

I'm sure accidents happens everywhere you go; Their system charged me twice my credit card but I called and has been taking care of

I went with my family for Business purpose and we chose Hampton as always , But this particular one has something very unique...... Staff; who are great and polite. Awesome facilities , breakfast was fresh overall it is great hotel.

Pleasant and friendly - what else do you need from a hotel

Very little to find fault with but would recommend that the "robust" coffee be available 24/7 rather then a breakfast treat ... much better coffee for addictes like myself 👍

Clean,comfortable and fresh,staff were excellent and the homemade cookies were a bonus for the kids

The bill placed under my room door was $25 more than the...
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The bill placed under my room door was $25 more than the price quoted on Booking.com. Although the girl at the desk corrected the price discrepancy, she stated it often happens with rooms rented through Booking.com. If I hadn't checked the receipt carefully, I would have overpaid. It sounded like a recurring issue, which left my stay on a sour note.

• Reviewed: 6 February 2017

Berkshire hotel.

Mattress had just a bit of V in it and probably could do with replacing.

Great location and nicely kept hotel. Breakfast is usually good at this brand and always appreciate the tea and coffee service. So close to many attractions.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Will return

Bed was decent but not for someone with back pain. Breakfast was varied; scrambled eggs and bakery were dry.

Very good service and spacious room with basic supplies.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

When I checked in and signed my paperwork I noticed the rate was higher than what booking.com stated I would pay. When I mentioned this I was told they couldn't change it and that I would be paying booking.com and not them anyway so the rate I was signing for would not matter. I was tired and wanted to get to my room and signed without really thinking about what she said. The next morning I noticed I was charged the higher rate by the hotel and went to the desk. I let them know I was given a lame excuse and wanted to make sure I was getting the rate that was listed on bookink.com not what I was charged. She went out back and checked with her supervisor. She said her supervisor checked and I will be getting the booking.com rate. Could have been an honest mistake or maybe not.. Always check to make sure you get the rate quoted.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Free breakfast in the morning was a nice way to start the day.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Great place to stay!
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

The scrambled eggs were overly done but the simple breakfast buffet was nice, overall.

Clean, comfortable and nice view ! There is coffee and a plate of cookies available all around the clock near the reception area. I appreciated the information rack recommending the local attractions. My room had a jacuzzi and there was a serving of bath salts to enjoy. I loved the fluffy bathrobe and the very roomy shower stall. The reception staff was nice and friendly.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Lovely stay
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

there could be more vegetarian options at breakfast---more eggs, less meat, less bread. Would like a microwave

Bed was very comfortable. Room was nice and spacious

Would have been good but for the breakfast experience.

At breakfast we were shocked to see the lady looking after the food and breakfast area clean tables and then clean the lids of the food containers with the same cloth, the cloth hanging down and occasionally touching the food. I then decided to have toast as it seemed to be the most hygienic choice, to my horror the lady then proceeded to re-organise the fresh bread using the gloved hand that had held the table cleaning cloth without changing the glove, I could not believe my eyes. Some serious hygiene training is required for staff being deployed in this area before a guest suffers a serious stomach complaint.

Bed, shower and location

The turn off highway 7 not easy

Bed very comfy and the staff so helpful

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Restful

Good breakfast, comfortable beds, helpful staff, lovely location

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Wonderful bed in a confortable room

lousy breakfast

Wonderful bed in a confortable room

Close to all the attractions decent breakfast friendly staff

Close to all the attractions decent breakfast friendly staff

I would gladly recommend Hampton Inn & Suites to family and friends !

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable.

All in all it was a very nice two night stay and I would book there again.

The breakfast leaves a little to be desired. Not a great selection and the coffee was cold.

No problems,great clean room.

Walk all the way down the hall.

No problems,great clean room.

Our stay was lovely, with a spacious room, included breakfast, and friendly helpful staff.
    • King Studio with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very friendly. The location is terrific. Thank you.

the complimentary breakfast was superb>

the complimentary breakfast was superb> Eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, yogurt etc....

View of the parking lot.
    • King Studio with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

View of the parking lot. But room size fabulous - we'll take it!

OverAll good stay

Construction

Bed was comfy

Roomy and bed was comfy

Shower pressure was terrible

Roomy and bed was comfy

The hot tub in the room was small

The hot tub in the room was small

Overall our stay was comfortable and pleasant.
    • King Room with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Coffee was good, but depending what time of day wasn’t hot! Pool too small.

Bed was so comfortable, enjoyed hot tub.

It's always nice having a fridge in the room for our...

It's always nice having a fridge in the room for our toddler's milk and any leftover meals from dinners.

Room could have been better for the price I paid.

Room could have been better for the price I paid....

4.0
    Good until I saw,the extra charge

I was charged and extra $50 And was not informed. I'm disputing the $50 charge.

Staff was nice

It was adequate and reasonable.

Overall the facility is tired and needs an update.

It was adequate and reasonable. Staff was VERY nice.

Enjoyable

Location a little out of the way

Beds comfy and nice breakfast

other than quality of breakfast food offered everything about hotel was excellent

eggs were cold and dry, danish were stale, sausage was cut up hotdog

variety

Great place for a girls weekend

Poor wifi

Clean, centrally located. Loved the water and scenery out back.

AS EXPECTED WITH NO SURPRISES. BED A LITTLE SOFT FOR OUR LIKING

NOTHING

NORMAL HIGH STANDARD FOR HAMPTON INNS

Very clean in room!

Very clean in room!

Peaceful!

Nonepea

Peaceful...

Other than the shower very good services
    • Queen Room with 2 Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible

Did not like hand hold shower. Put in regular shower please

No complaints.

The cable guide on the television did not work. It was a bit annoying. Minor thing.

It was a decent hotel. No real complaints.

Very comfortable. Very short, one night.

The breakfast was great!

We love it!

We like all

We love it!!!

Very comfortable

Selection of breakfast items met my needs as a vegetarian.

We would definitely stay there again
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was very helpful in getting us tickets to events and shows.

Bailey at Front Desk was very helpful.

Bailey at Front Desk was very helpful. Loved the duvet and the breakfast too. Adirondack chairs along stream in back were lovely.

I liked it, i think its a bit pricey but all over the area...

I liked it, i think its a bit pricey but all over the area the hotels are exoensive

Bed was horrible