Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Boynton Beach 3 stars

1475 West Gateway Boulevard, Boynton Beach, FL 33426, USA

#3 of 7 hotels in Boynton Beach

Great location - but the hotel was not in good shape and undergoing renovations.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I was not told that the hotel was undergoing renovations. The elevators were always dirty and the construction noise was constant. In addition, the hotel was very dated. The carpet in the room was stained and very old. The furniture had visible worn issues.

The staff was very nice and helpful. The location was great- close to the highway and shops and restaurants.

The breakfast was excellent.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Disappointed that complimentary water is standard.

The breakfast was excellent. The room was immaculate and bed was incredibly soft and comfortable. Great location as well.

Relaxing and Fun at the same time
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

There is nothing to dislike

I love this place, at night it is quiet even though it is close to main traffic. We love walkling around the property at night or early morning and enjoying the stars and beauty of the area.

Only one person at the hotel was willing to help me jump...
    • 1 King Bed - Smoking

Only one person at the hotel was willing to help me jump start the car. It's not part of their obligation I understand that, but things like these are what makes you remember it as a helpful staff or a non-helpful staff.

A warm and friendly place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The location was wonderful. Every staff member I encountered was friendly. The facility was clean, warm, and comfortable. It was a very pleasant stay and will be my go to motel in Boynton Beach.

Absolutely!!! Pleasurable stay. Beautiful decor!!!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The bed was a little hard.

It was our first time in a Hampton hotel, it was so comfortable. Breakfast was great. Staff was good our housekeeper was available if we needed anything. The only thing was the bed a little harder than I am use too, but it was comfortable. Will go back again.

I'll definitely be back!!!
    • 1 King Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

That I couldn't stay longer!!!

Quiet, comfortable room; friendly and professional staff (special shout-out to Dave at the front desk!!). Perfect location as I was visiting areas from W.P. Beach to Coral Springs and Pompano Beach.

Enjoyable and comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I always say: BETTER pillows; more towel hooks. Pool area had raccoons come in to scavenge the trash pails. Maybe the trash pails should be changed out to ones with secure covers so they won't be tempted to come in.

Staff is very pleasant and helpful. Room was spacious. The little "kitchen" area was nice -- having the sink was a plus. Always great to have a refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom vanity shelving is great. Notice that those have been placed in your hotels over the last few years. So great to have room to place toiletry bags underneath instead of crowding the vanity top. Pool area was very nice, in spite of the visiting iguanas.

An out of towner who was let down by the location
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The pics on the site indicated this was beachside. I paid that dollar amount because I thought it was beachside. Plus our toilet broke, the tub had stains and the bed could have been more comfortable

I liked the options at breakfast buffet

Very nice comfortable room.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Very nice comfortable room. The breakfast was tough for vegan/vegetarian options, unfortunately that is normal. Staff excellent. Near nice shops and services- not near the beach at all!!

The hotel needs to be updated old carpet in rooms, shower...
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel needs to be updated old carpet in rooms, shower curtain didn’t cover shower so there was always a lot of water on the floor. No shower gel. Tiny little lotion bottles. Food is gross

Had a wonderful time!

Cute coffee cups with smiling lips and mustaches. Unliked coffee with sweeteners and non-dairy creamer pumps in various flavors. Can eat inside or outside by pool. Beautiful decor.

Room layout.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Elevators were very slow to requests and moved slow also. Seemed very rickety for a nice facility.

Room layout. Very comfortable. Mini bar was very good with a nice size refrigerator.

Not worth the fee they charged
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

the room had a sour odor. the beds were uncomfortable. No one answered the phone when we called for assistance. the wifi was awful. the sleeper sofa was really horrible quality and not enough linens were provided. I paid for a suite. the bathroom is inside the bedroom so if you had kids staying with you they had to get in the room to use the bathroom - zero privacy

The pool area was nice, the location was good.

Fair and will not stay there again for future trips
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The fact hotel allows smoking, staff not very concerned with my inquiry about smell and putting us on smoking floor when we requested non smoking.

Eggs were watery, bed was comfortable. Hotel floor we stayed on was a smoking floor and was awful smelling

After reading some of the past reviews I was a little...
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I didn't like the fact that the final price of my bill was very different than what was told to me.

After reading some of the past reviews I was a little worried about the hotel but after getting there I was very happy to find out that the reviews weren't all correct

Good sized rooms but horrible "breakfast"

The breakfast, or lack there of, was horrible. I has there for 3 nights Thursday and left on Sunday and not a single day were there even eggs when I went down for breakfast. I went down earlier and earlier each morning thinking I was just missing out on them but there was none to be found. The sausage was hard and was one of the worst sausage I had ever tasted. There was a waffle maker and packaged yogurt/cereal which was the only thing I would have considered edible. Not what I consider a breakfast I would have paid extra for, which was one of the main reasons I booked this hotel room over others.

The rooms were large and I loved being close to everything I needed. Great location!

Ease of location and front desk staff were very nice
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Door was hard to open. There was a pair of socks from the last guest under the chair. Staff arriving for work in the morning went through the breakfast line first

Ease of location and front desk staff were very nice

Hampton at its best.
    • 1 King Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

Staff were excellent, room fantastic, Easley the best Hampton yet. Compared to the odd time we haven't managed a Hampton or Hilton and we stayed at the Silversmith Hotel, Chicago which was triple the price and was just dreadful, it looks like we will stick to this brand..no more Wasted money at the likes of the Silversmith Hotel, Chicago

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

Comfortable stay with an exception
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Free Wifi is lousy. $5/day for real wifi is a major annoyance like the chinzy policies of the airlines. Better wifi at McDonalds! Makes me think twice about booking at Hampton Inn.

Suite

STAY AT THE HAMPTON INN & SUITES IN BOYTON BEACH, FLORIDA

Crowded for breakfast.

When I joined Hilton Honors I was upgraded to a suite! Very pleasantly surprised! Loved the room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool!

• Reviewed: 25 May 2017

Can't wait to come back!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

The lighting was a little tough for reading, not enough TV channels, and had lots of trouble using wifi...my network carrier, T-Mobile, didn't work unless I stood right at the window!

What we liked most were the people working there...very attentive and efficient!! We are planning our return trip soon! Love milk and cookies!

• Reviewed: 13 May 2017

Room had great layout.

Tv could have turned more to the bed. Breakfast was ok. Nothing really outstanding for me. Need more light at vanity sink.

Room had great layout. Bed and covers great.

Nice place to stay
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The shower head was hard to adjust to get good water pressure.

This was a very nice hotel, with a nice happy hour, and snacks. The beds are very comfortable and staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

the breakfasts were fantastic, availability of coffee...

the hotel is showing signs of wear and tear and it would be lovely if new decor was introduced

the breakfasts were fantastic, availability of coffee 24/7 was great, the cheese/snacks/wine and the cookies were extra special. The linens on the bed were lovely, especially the spread. The pool was wonderful as was the fitness center. access to the internet was very convenient. The staff was exceptional.

Bad
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The property is old and need updating carpet very dirty

They didn't even change the sheets or vacuum we only asked to clean the room once we were there fir 3 nights

• Reviewed: 9 April 2017

I booked a king suite with a kitchen and when I checked in...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I booked a king suite with a kitchen and when I checked in was told that those rooms were limited and was given and king suite with a microwave. & was charged the same price. Was not very happy about this.

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Good value for the money.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast was ok. But often ran out of things. I think the hotel is getting to the point where a facelift would be goo.

The hotel staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 26 March 2017

THE ROOM WAS FILTHY!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

THE ROOM WAS FILTHY!!!! THE BATHROOM AND THE CLOSET HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED IN A VERY LONG TIME! THE ROOM AND THE RUG WAS FILTHY!!!!! I HAD TO SIT ON THE COUCH WITH TOWLES THE CURTAINS WERE DUSTY AND THE ROOM MADE MY EYES ITCH I THOUGHT MAYBE THE BED HAD BED BUGS IT WAS JUST AN AWFUL HOTEL THE BREAKFAST WAS ALSO HORRIBLE NO FRUIT THE EGGS WERE DRY AND TASTED AWFUL WOULD NEVER EVER RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL YOU AS MANAGEMENT SHOULD REALLY DO YOUR JOB!!!!!!!

• Reviewed: 23 March 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay
    • 1 King Bed - Smoking

Hotel is older and could use a little sprucing up

Found the staff very friendly and accommodating. Our room wasn't ready on arrival so they upgraded us to a suite

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Clean comfortable room with amazing staff

I liked everything.

Loved my room nice and quiet. My bed was a little to high for me to get on without difficulty but once I was up there it was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Excellent choice in Boynton Beach!

I had a flat tire and had to check-out later than my already late check-out, and the staff couldn't have been more accommodating...and no extra charges!

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Hamptons need refurbishing

Room was small.The breakfast area was very congested. The carpets in the halls are worn. People were smoking cigars at the pool . Get tough with the non smoking rules. The last two Hamptons have been a disappointment. Re-thinking about staying again

Bed was very comfy.

• Reviewed: 11 February 2017

The property suited our stay but nothing especially remarkable or outstanding.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Desk chair way too big for both desk and space. Very little room to maneuver, seat had to be on lowest setting in order for chair to push under desk when not in use. Also, commode seat kept slipping despite it feeling as if it were attached firmly.

The hotel was quiet

• Reviewed: 17 January 2017

The man in charge of maintenance on Jan 15 in late afternoon...

All 40 stations worked except MSNBC!! I am very unhappy about that. I did not report it until I left. Also there was noise from children and adults in the hallway on the 14th until 2:00 in the morning. I reported that twice. I had requested not to n near children or convention type people. The request was not fulfilled. Lastly, I left my room at 8:30 and got back at 2:30 and it had not been serviced. I was told they had a full house and it cud be done by 5:00 but I declined with a do not disturb sign.

The man in charge of maintenance on Jan 15 in late afternoon came to my room 417 to open my lock on my suitcase. He was polite, friendly and cut the lock for me. He is an asset to your property.

• Reviewed: 16 December 2016

Great deal and wonderful hotel.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The room was very spacious and immaculate. When we 1st checked in we were told about complimentary beer, wine and snacks in the breakfast area. Very nice surprise. Cookies were to follow later but we were not around for that. Very happy with our experience at this hotel. It was also convenient to the local restaurants and beach.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Pool area and nice room, good coffee
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Eggs not readily available at breakfast time, and not enough fruit either. And both days syrup ran out, which I do not use anyway.

Pool area and nice room, good coffee

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

My experience at the Hampton Inn

WiFi was a little difficult to get hooked up.

The breakfast was one of the best I have had in a hotel. The ladies at the front desk were very sweet and helpful. They spoke to me as if they were my best friends.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Room was very quiet and comfortable.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Breakfast room was overcrowded on the weekend. Free wifi requires signing back in every day.

Room was very quiet and comfortable. Very roomy, convenient kitchenette, nicely furnished and set up.

Worth the money
    • Non-Smoking King Study

They we're having construction at the time. Started to early other than that great time

Friendly staff, clean rooms!

The bed , matress was uncomfortable and hard
    • 1 King Bed - Smoking

Good location and big room

The bed , matress was uncomfortable and hard

Good hotel and nice staying
    • King Suite Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

Staff, breakfast, room

Outdated

The property needs up dates.. overall comfertable

excellent place with a great staff.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

A safe in each room would be a plus.

Excellent breakfast and coffee. comfortable room, bed etc.and quiet at night.

• Non-Smoking King Study

Less than expected hotel.

It wasn't as good as other Hampton Inns

• Non-Smoking King Study

Our room smelled, dirty pool, very uncomfortable beds.

Location. Price.

We had an excellent stay... even though we missed the cookies.

Everything was fine!

I loved the bed! I loved the space!

Expensive
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Bath/shower un-neatly repaired. Loud neighboors in the hall after 10:30 pm, front desk took care of.

Very enjoyable & relaxing.....

Staff is very helpful & friendly....Esther with the breakfast crew was very delightful & helpful...

The staff was so wonderful and the breakfast was delicious.

Bed was a bit hard

Staff was great and extremely accommodating.

Great rooms with lots of space.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Elevator in our wing was not working.

Manager "Happy hour" was a nice unexpected touch.

Room was wonderful.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Smoking

Room was wonderful. Breakfast was delicious! 13 mins from the beach. 2 mins from Publix, can't beat that!

Nice area, good breakfast, very accommodating for children and adults, great place to stay!
    • Large King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Overall everything was good

The large room, the outdoor pool was decently warm after all night, good child accommodation

Comfort beyond basic.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Never sure which elevator was working.

Staff is a powerful team

Good & Bad

Showing its age

Very convenient to everything

The hotel was clean, the staff was pleasant and location was great!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The quality of the breakfast was not as enjoyable as other hotels we have stayed at.

All was good just our rooms heater did not work

Heater did no work

Bed comfy

Thank you I will come back and use other Hampton Inn
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I wish there was more sun!!!

the room was really comfortable I enjoyed eating breakfast by the pool The staff was knowledgeable and very helpful

our Room was not cleaned nor were towels replaced.
    • 1 King Mobility/Hearing Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

our Room was not cleaned nor were towels replaced. Not very happy about this.

Best hotel in Boynton Beach

The breakfast was amazing and the fresh cookies they have in the evening were amazing! They treat you like family here.

Really wanted a served breakfast & more gluten free...
    • 1 King Bed - Smoking

Really wanted a served breakfast & more gluten free options.

The eggs were dry!

The eggs were dry!

Staff was excellent

Staff was excellent

Immediately greeted and given upgrade because of hhonors...

WiFi connection not reliable.

Immediately greeted and given upgrade because of hhonors membership. Breakfast good

The breakfast and location

The staff was 1st class

The staff was 1st class

Great pillows, just not enough of them.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Great pillows, just not enough of them.

swimming pool is pretty;
    • Non-Smoking King Study

bathroom was bit run down and could use some rehab-ing

swimming pool is pretty; room was large; breakfast was fine

The stay was great

loved it
    • Non-Smoking King Study

lovely pool area, clean room, happy helpful staff. breakfast great, loved it there

plenty of coffee good breakfast
    • Large King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard as a rock

plenty of coffee good breakfast

Awesomeness

Loved my stay

OK except for street people on and in property

Bums on steps trying to help with bags. You need better internal and external security

Staff service oriented