Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Buffalo/Downtown 4 stars

220 Delaware Avenue, Buffalo, NY 14202, USA

#9 of 21 hotels in Buffalo

We LOVED everything!

We LOVED everything!!!!!! Bianca, Ocean, Marilyn and Wanda were absolutely amazing and treated us great from the time we walked in up until we left. I highly recommend this place

Location is good.
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Attitude and "professionalism" of staff was really weak.

Location is good. I was disappointed to the staff. Breakfast was okay, but only plastic tableware.

The location and overall experience was good!

The beds were too soft allowing the body to sink in. The electric kettle for the coffee was placed in the bathroom.

The location and overall experience was good!

Room could not accommodate our needs.

We were told our 2 queen bed room could accommodate 2 adults and 3 children between 11 and 15 years old. This was clearly specified on my room confirmation and I even contacted the hotel itself to make sure this was possible. When we arrived at the hotel, however, the front desk attendant stated she only had our room listed as having two adults. I contacted booking.com as my confirmation clearly stated two adults and three children with their proper ages listed. The hotel stated our room could accommodate all of us with an extra roll away single bed brought in. It was delivered by someone who slid it in on wheels with the bed standing upwards and he stated “Do what you need with this.” and just left it there for us to lay down this bulky and heavy bed with the mattress torn and shredded on its sides) see photos below) and could so uncomfortable with it’s springs poking through that it was very uncomfortable for even one of the kids to sleep on. Furthermore, the room was too small for this extra bed so we had to maneuver our way around it every time we needed to get up and do anything. The hotel had no suites available even though we would have paid extra. Thank goodness we were only there for one night. And we were not charged for extra bed thank goodness- that’s the best booking.com could offer.

Wanda and other front desk staff were super friendly. Property was very clean. Breakfast offered was generous.

Overall it was a wonderful stay.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The hotel had the wrong amount for our stay on both rooms and held the wrong amount on our credit card. The hotel had me call booking and it was resolved.

The room was beautiful and quiet. Breakfast was good. Staff was friendly and helpful.

The double room was extremely large and a cot fit so well...

It was family friendly , coffee and tea were offered 24/7 in the lobby. It was a really nice place and affordable. I have no pictures to post.

The double room was extremely large and a cot fit so well with lots of extra room to move around it.

They did not honor my request, made while booking, for a smoking room. My friends smoke & had to go outside in 30 degee weather to smoke. I find this unacceptable!

4 day stay was accommodating for my group

Trouble with WiFi Rooms not cleaned until late afternoon and on day not at all

friendly staff , location, lobby, quaint bar & dining area , shuttle service

Comfortable hotel in good location. It is a pity the reception staff was very much unwelcoming

Reception desk staff attitude was extremely bad, not cooperative at the limit of unpoliteness. It was first time I visit Hapton Inn Structure since suggested by good friend and I got very much disappointed

Confortable room

Meant to be relaxing stay turned stressful
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The property itself was great! Only downside was bookings part. It said no prepayment was necessary but obviously needed a card to hold the reservation. I made the reservation but my boyfriend wanted to pay when we got there, upon arrival we found out they had already charged my card. We ended up checking out a day early so we had to call the hotel who told us to call bookings. They charged me for he two nights before we even checked in so now I have to wait for a refund on the second night. Will not book through here again!

Everything about the hotel was great except the one side entrance wouldn’t work with our room key, we saw other guests having trouble with it as well!

Indoor pool and hot tub were great.

Breakfast was not great.

Indoor pool and hot tub were great. Jacuzzi tub in room worked well. King bed very comfy. A nice little view of Delaware Avenue.

Comfortably

The longggg hallways an elevator not in middle or it ..shld be carts or somethin to help guest with luggage being of the long walks Also have other doors to be able to enter with your key after 9 very much an inconvenience

Clean bathrooms good breakfast

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the breakfast...
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Some guests were loud but otherwise our stay was amazing !

The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the breakfast was superb , staff were very helpful and the pool / hot tub was a great temp .

Nice visit.
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

The orange juice was the worst. Something was very wrong with that.

I loved the breakfast area. So nice and spacious. I loved how it was on the second floor. And the waffles is a favorite for my daughter and I.

It was a nice place to get away and stay.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The bed could have been softer, mine was firm. I requested a king, received a queen. And breakfast could have had more of a selection.

I loved the the ladies at the check in counter. I loved the pool/hottub as well as the tub in room.

The staff were amazing.

The staff were amazing. From Wanda and Ocean at the front desk to the housekeeping. Everyone was super helpful. Would defiantly stay again, when visiting buffalo

Great value, comfortable stay

The staff didn’t communicate very well. Each time I was at the front desk, staff took my booking and query but fell silent rather than responding. Checking in did happen and they fixed my query but communication was lacking. Rather than responding with a typical “one moment let me just check that for you” or something like that.

Range of food at breakfast was really good and delicious, bed was comfortable, location was great and room was very spacious

End the end the kids had a great time!!
    • King Suite

There was only one keycard per room. A big inconvenience with there being 2 adults with children doing/going different places having to share the one keycard. Was told facility was trasitioning into a new system.

Had a King suite which include a full kitchen....love it. Was able to prepare my meal. Was suprise that it even had dishe's and pot and pans.

Everything was nice the staff was nice and welcoming the...
    • King Suite

Everything was nice the staff was nice and welcoming the room was clean.and room to move around and comfortable you was able to look at everything around thats outside

Great hotel for the money! Spacious rooms and very clean! Gated parking and easy access!
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The sausage was unbearable, they were not even edible. Many people took sausages and I noticed after the took a bite their facial expression and no one continued to eat them. Could use some non stick spray for the waffles to ensure they do not stick. Many people spent a lot of time trying to get their waffle unstuck. However, they did look delicious! I was surprised to see a coffee pot still in the room with how modern the hotel is, I think a Keurig upgrade would be a good idea. The bed looked great, however it was very uncomfortable to sleep on. Upgraded pillows would be great as one is not enough and two is way too much. It was very uncomfortable to sleep. Could utilize a safe, or something to put your belongings in while out of the room.

The breakfast and common areas were very nice. Thee wide variety of breakfast options were very nice. I was very excited for breakfast. The potatoes were delicious. All of the connected restaurants were a huge asset to the hotel! We thoroughly enjoyed utilizing the connected businesses. Loved the spacious rooms and the up to date amenities. Large room, large bathroom, lots of storage and places to sit! Love the jacuzzi tub within the room, it was great! Enjoyed the spacious room and lights within the tub as well. Very clean establishment! Was very happy with the cleanliness!

The stay was well worth it.
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

There was a complimentary shuttle, but it only made casino runs. It would have been nice if it could have picked us up from the convention center at the end of our event. The walk was not far, but it was a very chilly 5 degrees outside and a warm ride back to the hotel would have been much appreciated.

The rooms were unexpectedly large, bathrooms easily handicapped accessible. The facility was very clean and the pool was inviting. Breakfast was well stocked and hot.

My husband and I felt like royalty. It was a prefect way to enjoy the starting of our future.

There was a strong lingering smell or cigarette like somone was smoking in the hall ways.

The staff was amazing. They were very hospitable. They went above and beyond to make our trip memorable. We may make this a tradition. Even with breakfast the staff was amazing. Our check in hostess was a God sent!!!! She was very professional and exceptional customer service. We were celebrating our recent nuptials; the staff really made our day. They took our little and made it great. We would definitely honeymoon here again.

Nice
    • King Room with Whirlpool

We enjoyed our whirlpool room. Clean and comfy and relaxing . Location was real close the the tralf where we enjoyed an evening out . Went to dinner near by . Many locations to choose from . Walking distance to sheas and the tralf .

Staff was very friendly & helpful.

The bed could've been a little more comfortable

Staff was very friendly & helpful. Pool was fun Lots of options available on the breakfast bar

The staff was polite and the location was within walking...
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Our comforter smelled and we had to contact the front desk 2 times (once through the phone and once in person) before it was fixed. We also were left with 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper and had to request more.

The staff was polite and the location was within walking distance to Restaurants and the Metro.

Other than the bathroom smell the stay was nice

The bathroom on our room smelled like it had been smoked in and the towels smelled like they had been left in there while someone smoked in there .

The room was large and not cramped

Quick, convenient, within reach of all things Buffalo, and clean.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

I wish breakfast was served a little longer- perhaps 11am rather than 10am, but only because it was so yummy!

We got the room with a Jacuzzi and it was absolutely wonderful. The facility was especially clean, beautiful, and breakfast was fabulous!

You have to Stay here!
    • King Suite

This is a beautiful hotel that's impeccably decorated. It feels very luxurious but is affordable. King bed was most comfortable I've seen inna hotel!

Elegant Comfort

We upgraded to a king suite which was spacious. The bed was comfy. The pool and hot tub were very relaxing. The free parking, wi-fi, and buffet breakfast were a definite bonus.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Exceeded our expectations
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast suits just fine, but it kinda feels like a drop compared to the overall standard.

Great staff! They've anticipated our needs before we had arrived. Nice treats (hot coffee and cookies) and really comfy beds. Nice inner building facilities.

It was not very pleasant night do to all the confusion and ignoring my request by online & phone con

When I called the hotel and spoke with manager on duty I ask him like I wrote in my notes that I would like the highest room available facing by the water or there was any available that I would take one facing he night life of downtown Chipewaa St. Instead he gave me a room facing nothing by but roofs of the lower buildings plus facing other buildings walls completely ignored my request had to go Back downstairs to the front seat and now deal with a different Manager then I get a different room that all it smells like pure cigarette smell it was a nightmare had to go back down to the front seat for the 2nd time in a roll at that time I was exhausted from driving not including all the up and down at the end the manager had to find me a clean room and took me into it her self to checked that it was clean.

Evening staff was very helpful and gave great info about the...
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Breakfast wasn't great - they ran out of a lot of stuff and quality was generic. We had a room with a Jacuzzi tub but the jets didn't work. When we told them the next morning, they gave an excuse and didn't offer any remedy or compensation.

Evening staff was very helpful and gave great info about the area - wish I could remember the lady's name who helped us. Room was pretty clean, spacious and comfy bed. Location was close to the train and lots of restaurants around. Parking was convenient.

I particularly appreciated the friendly, helpful staff.

breakfast was a bit of a dissappointment. Not a lot of choices for someone like me who is looking to avoid a lot of processed foods and sugar in my diet.

I particularly appreciated the friendly, helpful staff. I arrived late at night and they made everything easy.

The facility was very clean and secure.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

We reserved a room with a whirlpool tub. When we arrived, the reservation had been changed to a regular room. I didn't change it. Luckily, they had the room I booked available but half of the jets in the tub didn't work. I feel it was a waste to spend extra on the whirlpool tub that wasn't fully functional.

The facility was very clean and secure. Staff was very welcoming

A terrific hotel that I would highly recommend to family and friends.

No fridge in the room. Didn't realise we could have one until the end of our stay.

The staff were exceptionally helpful and friendly. Breakfast was very good. Facilities were very comfortable.

Great location, parking, free WiFi, clean, courteous, good value.

I was looking for a lower rate, but this was fine.

Everything was great & we particularly enjoyed the free parking right outside with key card access! The free WiFi was much appreciated.

I loved this hotel so much that I want to go back.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The bed and pillows were excellent. I want to buy those pillows! The bathroom was huge. I loved the shower. The free breakfast was better than we imagined! Loved our stay. Loved the proximity to restaurants and bars.

Very convenient location with comfortable rooms.
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower/Non-Smoking

One woman at the desk didn't seem to know anything about the area in terms of shopping within walking distance. She didn't give any suggestions either.

The cleaning staff was very friendly. They smiled and said hello and wished me a great day. (It's the little things like this that count!)

Excellent location, wonderful hotel, well trained and pleasant staff. A real wonderful experience
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

We liked everything in this hotel but the best was the staff with the pleasant approach and some extras, such as preparing tea and cookies at the reception desk. The morning we left, a travel kit with fruits and cookies was waiting for us. We enjoyed very much our discussions with Mrs Wanda from the staff.

Nice location and facility. Centrally located between Niagara falls and New Era field.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Not able to sit up comfortably in bed there was a desk and small table but no seating for 2 in the room.

The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable but lacked a comfortable way to sit up in bed. Pillows were not matched with size of king size bed. Breakfast was good. Gym facility was very clean.

There wasn't a safe in our room for our valuables.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

There wasn't a safe in our room for our valuables. The parking lot isn't big enough to accommodate the amount of guests they can hold. So guests had to park on the streets and any space they could find in the lot.

Really enjoyed staying here, free parking, free breakfast, really nice staff.
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Could have been better if the pillows had been harder.

Really excellent hotel. It came with complementary breakfast that we had not appreciated when booking. nice surprise! Staff really helpful and very convenient for local amenities.

It was fine. Not anything superior.
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Neighborhood not great for good restaurants. Elevator tiny. Sink broken in our bathroom. Housekeeping should have caught that while preparing room. It was obvious.

Great pillows and bed.

Very good hotel, good breakfast, quite nice common area on...

A bit pricey but I got there in the "high season" in Buffalo (NY Bar exam)

Very good hotel, good breakfast, quite nice common area on the 2nd floor that was comfortable to work there

An excellent stay in Buffalo

Nothing comes to mind

We arrived a bit early to the hotel but the staff were very helpful and let us check-in. Travelling with two young kids, we really appreciated that we could get our room earlier than expected. Also, the breakfast was very nice and offered a great selection from cereal, fruit, toast, pancakes, muffins, etc.. The location of the hotel was also great. Right next to lots of restaurants and cafes and not far from the waterfront either.

Good hotel and great people!!

Breakfast was included in the deal . The breakfast pretty basic.

Fantastic location! Near to the restaurants & other happening places. Extremely courteous and helpful staff. checking in and out was a breeze as well as the arrangements made for the airport transfer. The hotel rooms are spacious and well kept. Even with a Twin bed room the room did not feel cramped. Downtown buffalo walkable distance.

Great environment and staff is awesome
    • King Suite

You had to use the key card every time you went through a door or elevator. I mean it's protective but a little annoying.

Environment was really nice and clean and staff was great.

Fantastic place to stay!
    • King Room with Whirlpool

Everything was perfect. Super comfy bed, breakfast served on our floor, super clean room and bathroom, and fresh clean blankets and towels. The staff was super friendly and had great ideas as to what was fun around town.

Great location, beautiful furnishings & friendly staff!

Included above.....didn't care for the room coffee.

Beautiful furnishings which is why I picked your location over other hotels in the area. Your interior decorator has great taste. And the choices for the complimentary breakfast were fabulous. Lots of options! One bummer was the note that you were out of syrup so my partner ate his waffle with fruit only. Kind of a bummer. Oh, the room coffee was no good. Stayed at several other places in NY during my weeks vacation who all had better coffee. I know it's hard to please everyone so not a big deal. I've worked in operations for years and know there's so many different opinions on the coffee & how hard it is to please everyone. The breakfast buffet coffee on Floor 2 was better so we did that. Front desk staff was super friendly & informative. Wish I remembered the woman's name who checked us in, she greeted us with a warm welcoming smile and attitude. Two thumbs up for her.

Nothing there were rude and the manager doesn't work on...
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

Horrible attitude not a professional place at all.

Nothing there were rude and the manager doesn't work on weekends and they didn't have a corporate number.

Expected more

just expected more for the amount of money that was paid female companion did find a few bugs in the room like spiders and stuff like that just honestly thought would be a little bit more again for the amount of money that you pay

Eggs were good bed was very soft, a staff helpful

I will never come back here.

Waking into room and someone else was already in there... had the same keys which really concerned me. Did not feel safe after this point. Accommodated us with two bottles of water which was an insult almost.

Amazing
    • King Suite

The only negative - we came to celebrate my son's birthday which I noted on my reservation.....and followed up with a phone call.............I asked if it would be possible to put a few birthday decorations in the room ie. a banner on the door and if possible, a cake or cupcakes in the fridge......never heard back.............and no stuff.

Our stay at the Hampton was wonderful. The room was very well appointed and comfortable. The breakfast was enjoyable with many choices. The availability of coffee & treats in the main lobby was appreciated. Perhaps the outstanding thing about this hotel were the staff.........always smiling; warm greetings and always there to help...even before you asked. We had a problem with the lock on our door which was fixed immediately...and I mean immediately.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

Staff was very accommodating.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

I was compensated for my dislikes so I won't list them.

Staff was very accommodating. Had several issues during my stay. I politely communicated them during check out. After checking my credit card statement for the month I found I was compensated for my troubles. Awesome!!!

The people on the staff were helpful and pleasant.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite

The sleeper sofa in our suite was beyond repair--ripped and filthy--it gave the entire suite a shabby air (and NOT shabby chic). If we had not been so busy with wedding activities we would have requested a move. The sofa and some of the other furnishings should most definitely be replaced.

The people on the staff were helpful and pleasant. The location was good.

Room wonderful, beds comfor table, pool awesome, breakfast...

Room wonderful, beds comfor table, pool awesome, breakfast great choices, convenient to restaurants within and outside hotel and entertainment especially to see Wicked!

Great place to stay in Buffalo
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

No complaints.

This property met our needs for location, convenience, size, cleanliness, and friendliness of staff. When my son and fiancé or hairdresser arrived, staff accommodated our need for brief parking. Room was spacious and clean. Housekeeping was kind and efficient.

The breakfast was perfect and the bathroom really spacious.

It was a room for 5pers but only 2 beds. It means we had to sleep at 3 in a queen bed. Really disappointed about this.

The breakfast was perfect and the bathroom really spacious.

Nice stay.

That the "two queen size bedrooms" are advertised as for "families up to 5 people". A room with two queen size bedroom should not be sold as suitable to 5 people like three adults and two kids. This is bad. I had to request a roller bed because there us no way three adults or two adults and one kid can sleep CONFORTABLE in a queen size bed. That was a bit disappointing.

The overall cleanliness and specially the one in the room and the linen. Location as well.

Hotel was nice.

The price is high in my opinion, but I think all hotels are overpriced.

Hotel was nice. Blankets were very nice. I wouldn't mind finding some like them for my home and especially my camper.

Overall good value.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

The extra bed we requested had a huge yellow/brown stain on it, my son ended up sleeping on the floor because he didn't trust it. The breakfast selections seemed to take a long time to get refilled.

Breakfast was an array of choices. Hot and fresh food choices.

Go Sabres!
    • King Suite

Only minor complaint would be the bed was firmer than I expected. Have stayed in many Hampton Inn's and usually the beds are so plush.

Good breakfast and good size room for the family. Would definitely stay at again.

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

Staff was friendly and nice.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The rooms and public spaces looked a little worn out.

Staff was friendly and nice. The room was very spacious and clean. Breakfast was surprisingly good.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

Over priced and dated.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Placed is a smelly smoking room. Had to be moved. Facility is old, peeling walls, old mirrors, etc. Staff did not resolve quickly. Very over priced.

Enough room.

Great choice I'll be back!!!!

Only thing i didn't like was check in was late so it was rather dark, lights were hard to find and really banged my knee up on the ottoman at end of bed, should always have a small night line on, i think!!

Overnight front desk clerk was great, super friendly ,very helpful and gave great food and fun recommendations. Security was very pleasant and friendly . Great staff for the weekend overnight crew i must say. Room was spotless , fresh white linens,..perfect amount of towels,... perfect comfort!

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

nice and cosy
    • Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

I got King room, the bathroom is very stupid very big but small bath tub and one small sink! no fridge

got great restaurants in the hotel all serve really good food 30m away from Niagara Falls very quiet room and big

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

All in all a good place to stay for a couple of days...

Our room wasn't ready by the time we wanted to check in. Had to wait about 45 minutes... Staff's apology were two free sodas... Rooms didn't have a fridge...

Great place to stay for a couple of days... The room was spacious and clean. The staff was really friendly.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

Amazing bed.
    • King Room with Whirlpool

The card keys for room kept malfunctioning. Had to keep going to front dest to have them restset them.

The bed was amazing!!! Wanted to take the comforter home with me.

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Giant ripoff from Booking . Com

Paying double and triple for a very mediocre room. Will never use your service again and I will write a review stating never ever order from your company unless you want to be royally ripped off😪

Coffe and tea at night.

• Reviewed: 18 March 2017

Service was great, room was large and comfortable, decor was...

My room key kept disactivating and bed coverlet was scratchy. No other blankets were provided to replace it. However, I did not ask for one.

Service was great, room was large and comfortable, decor was modern and clean. The warm cookies and breakfast were great!

• Reviewed: 17 March 2017

• Deluxe King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible

Breakfast was neither healthy, nor interesting, poor ambience, paper plates and cups and plastic cutlery, lack of fridge or safe, no bathrobes, etc... boring decor

Size of the room, fitness room

Nightmare

I stayed here before and my room was great, I ordered the same room and received a very small room. From the minute I checked in I was told I wasn't guaranteed anything because I booked through a 3rd party. Very unprofessional!

The location was great

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Clean hotel in good location
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds- Non-Smoking

Entire 3rd floor smelled like cigarette smoke! Cookies were only available the first day we stayed, never saw them at front desk again. Should have had complimentary water bottles for guest.

The location of hotel. Suite style room was perfect for our family. Free breakfast was key. Warm cookies at front desk Chocolate Bar martinis were delicious!

• Reviewed: 4 March 2017

Pleasant Surprise

The bathroom was much bigger than I'm used to at hotels of this price range. The fitness facilities were small but varied and not overrun with people when I was there. Breakfast had plenty of options, there was something for everyone! It was a pleasant surprise to walk down to the lobby and find freshly baked cookies waiting on the front desk :)

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

That breakfast was included in stay and the hours that...
    • King Room - Disability Access with Roll In Shower/Non-Smoking

smoking corridor smell ..

That breakfast was included in stay and the hours that breakfast was offered. Ease of finding public transportation .. bus stops were everywhere ... helpful front desk .. I especially liked that there were a few food establishments where one could enter directly from hotel 1st floor. did not even need to go outside. Chocolate Bar was the best ...