Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Carson City 3 stars

10 Hospitality Way, Carson City, NV 89706, USA

#1 of 13 hotels in Carson City

We absolutely felt safe in the well lit parking . And the beds were heavenly! Xlnt window treatments

I have no complaints!!

Breakfast options were great. And the staff was friendly and helpful. And very on top of the freshness. The room was bright and cheery! I enjoyed the gym facilities. And the pool is nicer in person than online picture. I would definitely recommend this place and return.

There was a floodlight outside our window and the shade was a thin light shade. The room was light all night and the heater was going off and on all night with excessive noise. Not good.

If you are looking for a good value, practical place to stay in the area... it's ideal!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Although its on the edge of the town, we liked the location. It was easy to find and had a good selection of restaurants and take-aways very close by. Hotel was clean had a gym and swimming pool. We made use of laundry facilities which are useful if you are travelling around.

A very good overnight stay despite the frustrating check-in.

The Booking.com reservation was recorded in the hotel's system, however the names were scrambled. The staff insisted that we booked only 1 room despite showing her the Confirmation. It turned out that name and surname were interchanged in their system (said the staff).

The location at the the north end of town was convenient for freeway travel. The hotel's breakfast was great.

Our room was so spacious and clean and the staff were very friendly
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

This Hotel was very clean and comfortable, my husband and I were so happy to have chosen to stay here. We will for sure book with Hampton Hotels again!

One of the best hotels in Carson City.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel is under remodeling outside including the signage. It can make the hotel a bit hard to spot from the road. The hotel is a bit far from downtown and the majority of restaurants.

Nice hotel just off the highway. The room was great as was the TV and internet. Carson City has an abundance of low end hotels, some really low end. The Hampton Inn is easily the best.

When we arrived, the hotel had no record of our reservation.

When we arrived, the hotel had no record of our reservation. This could’ve been a huge problem, because we were in town for a softball tournament and most hotels were booked up. Thankfully they had a room available and honored the price. They even upgraded our room for free. Now when I book rooms I call the hotels to confirm that they received my reservation.

Love this place!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loved the comfortable pillows! Clean smell when you walk into lobby! Great rooms, very Clean! Breakfast selection good. Love that they have coffee all the times in the lobby! Always love the Hampton Inn!

I would not use this motel again

The bed did not face the tv. The couch was so uncomfortable you couldn't sit on it. There was no bathtub only a shower. There was no hand towel. You had to use the face towel to wipe hands therefore no clean towel for your face. We had to go to front desk to get toilet paper as the wasn't an extra roll in the room.

As always, Hampton Inn is a quality place to stay at a competitive price.

Nothing....

After arriving... found the property was under renovation which is always a concern to me since other stays at other non-hampton inn properties tend to be spotty. This was not an issue, everything was fine. I stayed at another non-hampton inn property the day after and it was as expected, looked good but had quality problems. I always have a good experience at Hampton Inn and prefer them when travelling. They are a bit more expensive then others but I guess its the old saying, you get what you pay for. By the way, the renovation included more USB ports in the room, for the first time I didn't have to get out my usb adaptors. I travel with a lot of devices and everyone had a port... First time in travelling for me.

Comfort and convenience
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was a little small for a family of 3 staying for 5 nights.

The room was very clean and quiet. The breakfast was delicious. The lobby is comfortable with coffee and hot tea ready at any time. The staff were all friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay and will definitely look for Hampton Inn any time we travel.

Perfect for a family of 5!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The two queen beds felt a bit on the smaller size. Housekeeping did not clean our room on our first night. We had to ask the front desk for extra towels and for housekeeping to clean up our room.

The breakfast at the hotel was delicious and made it easier to feed 3 kids before getting started on our busy day. The staff were very helpful and always greeted us with a smile and warm cookies. The room was a good size for a family of 5 visiting South Lake Tahoe just for a few days. Although we were about a 15 minute drive from South Lake Tahoe, the hotel was in a great location. Lots of shopping and eating close by & we were away from the busy traffic.

I would stay there again.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Only issues we had were my room smelled like chlorine as it was above the indoor pool. My children's room had a noisy heater that kept them awake. They had to turn the heat off and it was 21 degrees outside. It would have been nice in we had adjoining rooms. When we asked at check-in that was not available. I would have liked to be able to request that when I was booking.

Other than a few issues everything was great. Staff was very helpful. Hotel was clean and well stocked. Breakfast was yummy.

Clean hotel with nice staff
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fan on the heat/air came on every five minutes even though I had everything shut off. Rather annoying throughout the night. Breakfast was lacking.

Bed was good, shower was good.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

Terrible Place to Stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty looking, hear highway and people in room next door. Shower flow go's hot to cold. Sheets weren't changed from last tenant, just made up. Waited four hours for clean sheets so I could change it myself. I was so damn mad. Filthy place. I haven't even started on the front desk help yet. Rude is the one word I'll use.

Looking forward to staying here again .... our #1 choice & highly recommend to others!

Everything was just perfect ,,,,, outstanding accommodations ..... the staff went out of their way to provide a great stay. The breakfast buffet staff was most attentive & efficient in making sure that everything met our expectations!

staff was exceptionally friendly and the hotel was clean and nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our check-in person seemed a little grumpy (we arrived at 11:30 P.M.), but he was still helpful and answered my questions and gave me pertinent info (i.e. access luggage carriers)

Beds and pillows were comfortable and the indoor pool was great for kids.

Customer service was great and the overall stay was pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was hard / lumpy. They could use a comfortable chair in the room, they only had 1 chair and it was an office chair at the desk. There was space for a chair but it was just empty floor space.

Very pleasant stay and would stay there again.

The elevator carpets need cleaning, but they are about to begin renovations on the facility.

Breakfast was a treat after staying at other hotels and finding next to nothing to chose from. The beds were very comfortable with a selection of soft to hard pillows to chose from. Very pleasant stay.

Great, relaxing and roomy accommodations for my family.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean, excellent size room. Helpful and cheerful staff. Great breakfast and appreciated the "carryout water/snack pack. On 2 week trip, nicest Hampton Inn and Suites. Approached Hilton Inn's quality.

Probably best hotel in Carson City
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast selections could have been better. Rooms were not cleaned until late in the day.

Covered parking, good wifi, basic room but tastefully decorated. Great staff.

Simply just so nice.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Located on the edge of Carson City, the hotel is a quick 5 minute drive away from downtown as Carson City is for sure a small town. The hitel was modern, nice, with plenty of parking spaces available when we got there. Front desk personel was very simple and very welcoming and the place is amazingly clean and up to date. We highly recommend this establishment. Up to date equipments, cleanliness, personel and comfort are definitely the strong points of this hotel

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

The treservation was not right.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The treservation was not right. Got there and there was not a toom for us. We will not use your srvice sgain. Take me iff your email list. I am now getting advertisements. NO

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Trip made even better!

The sound proofing could have been better. Kids running everywhere slamming doors. Some tyoe of cushion when the doors close?

I enjoyed the spacious room. The cleaning staff was right on the money and made me feel important.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

AMAZING!!!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We loved the whole experience! I took my husband to Carson City for his birthday and the staff here helped me make it so special. Jaime and Robert at the front desk were so very helpful, and kind and made sure I had no stress or hassle. The hotel staff gave my husband a birthday card that everyone signed it was just an amazing experience. Thank you so very much for everything you all do! The room was immaculate, clean, comfortable. The breakfast was so delicious I truly couldn't have asked for a better experience. THANK YOU HAMPTON INN &SUITES STAFF!!!!

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

If I come back I will stay here again-close to airport and clean

the noise from people walking in the room above was very noisy...must not have much for sound insulation between floors

comfortable clean beds, neat looking room, nice television and wifi

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

The Hurray at the end of our day:)

The pool was down for "routine maintenance". We were very disappointed.

The king size bed is truly king size, not some smaller imposter like I had in the Springhill that I stayed in the night before. The breakfast was great with real oatmeal instead of instant, the fantastic "Cactus Jack" scramble with eggs, peppers, steak bits, and onions, and lots of other good options. This is the second time we've stayed at this hotel in the past two months and I love it.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Good locations, helpful staff, clean room
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast, very loud because of elevator in front of room

Good locations, helpful staff, clean room

Breakfasts and coffee were above average.

The bed and pillows. Lame

Had a suite which was laid out nicely.

Ill comeback it was that great.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The bed felt as if there was a hole in the middle.

Loved it

Pool closes too early

Staff was nice

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Good hotel at the convenient location.

Good hotel at the convenient location.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Great place off the freeway and away from the busy downtown area. restaurants near by.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

adequate room to accommodate our travel trailer in parking area. excellent choice of breakfast foods, hot and cold.

I guess I was expecting the room to be a little larger but the stay was above average.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were too firm for our taste.

Breakfast was very good. Manager(Joyce) was very good and informative.

Provided EV charging.

Provided EV charging.

Served the purpose.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Renovations going on during stay. Breakfast food was very mediocre.

Staff very friendly and professional.

Crystal was very courteous and helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Crystal was very courteous and helpful.

met my needs for purpose. just a little too expensive for being under construction

construction

bed was comfy

Good stay, nice size room, good breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A couple of bed pillows should be firmer.

We appreciated a good breakfast with a nice variety of food.

Happy

Parking.

convenient and friendly

clean and convenient enviroment

Kids were good !! I expect more for my money!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Price is a little bit expensive!!!

Stuff really friendly!! Breakfast was good at no cost !!

Excellent. Drove up to look at model homes. Perfect location!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything. Location,staff and so clean!

Very good, would return in the future

good breakfast choices.

Loved the solar panel covered parking!
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Loved the solar panel covered parking!

Service & breakfest

Service & breakfest

The walls were really thin and you could hear the people in...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were really thin and you could hear the people in the next room

xlnt coffee

xlnt coffee

Great hotel would love to stay again
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Everything, great breakfast, great facilities and service.

Great gym

Breakfast was average. No other place within walking distance to have breakfast.

Great gym

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• Reviewed: 7 April 2017

Very nice rooms, comfortable beds and bathrooms with accessories. Staff helpful and pleasant.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff when we first checked seemed short with us and annoyed at our questions.

Breakfast very fine. Staff helpful after initial check-in.

Great spot in Carson Cityq

Extremely quiet. Comfortable bed. Decent wifi.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

The breakfast selection.

In the afternoon the coffe in the lobby was always cold.

The breakfast selection. The bed was comfortable and the shower has very good pressure.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

The accommodations were great.

Happy with everything

The accommodations were great. We enjoyed the pool and breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable about...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not as good as other Hampton inns

Front desk staff was friendly and knowledgeable about restaurants around

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

OK for a night stop over if you get stuck in this poor place
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was rude. Rooms are old, bath is old. Aircondition/Heating noisy.

Coffy/tee on the lobby

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL ,VERY CLEAN AND EVERYONE WAS SO...

EVERYTHING WAS WONDERFUL ,VERY CLEAN AND EVERYONE WAS SO HELPFUL

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great place

everything

Indoor pool and location.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast can be a little better.

Indoor pool and location.Near Reno and Lake Tahoe

• Reviewed: 11 November 2016

Starting our Hwy50 trip.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed was a bit to hard for my taste

Nice room, quiet.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2016

I will stay here again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was friendly, property was clean, room was very nice and just overall great.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Great family stay
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

HBO was advertised in the room but NO movie options were available, not even for purchase

Pool and fitness center was excellent

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Food was great
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The access to the building was confusing.

Food was great

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

PooL and complimentary breakfast with great friendly staff.
    • Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

PooL and complimentary breakfast with great friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 31 December 2015

Really clean and comfortable.

Really clean and comfortable. Especially room cleaning staff so kind and pleasant. Pool was clean and lots of good sized towels available without having to request. Loved having fresh oatmeal and bananas for breakfast! Kids loved the warm cookies at night.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2015

We had a family member in the hospital and your facility was...

We didn't like the surprise of added charges pending on our debit cards when we got home. $25 a day for incidentals that we never used and also our room rate charged was higher. These over charges dropped off eventually but being charged for something you didn't use was most inconvenient when you're money is tied up.

We had a family member in the hospital and your facility was close by. We felt safe and hotel was very clean.

• Reviewed: 4 November 2015

We had a room for our son and two small children and due to...

We had a room for our son and two small children and due to the smells in their room they had to move the first night and then again the last night. It was a total inconvience.

• Reviewed: 28 October 2015

We were on the 3rd floor and the noise from the 4th floor...

We were on the 3rd floor and the noise from the 4th floor above both nights we were there was awful.....if it hadn't been for your location to where we had to be we would have changed hotels. Secondly the water lines for the 4th floor ran directly behind our bed and the people above must have had a shower or toilet running as we were hearing the water running through the pipes all night.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2015

The location is good.

The halls had a definite odor of urine and front desk staff were very blasé about it.

The location is good. The room itself very good. Breakfast has more variety than most

• Reviewed: 16 August 2015

Hotel was ok.

When we made the reservations thru Booking.Com, we requested a handicapped accessible room as one of our party was in a wheelchair, but when we got there, the reservation did not reflect it. We had to go out and buy a special toilet adapter for her to use the facilities. This was a huge disappointment on Booking.coms part in my opinion.

Hotel was ok...

• Reviewed: 4 August 2015

It was a beautiful well maintained facility run by a very...

The bed was just a little uncomfortable, but I guess what is comfortable for one may not be so for another.

It was a beautiful well maintained facility run by a very professional staff.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2015

Nice facilities, good value for the money.

Freezer compartment too small for Blue Ice container. The second nights stay was in a Queen suite right next to a busy conference room.

Nice facilities, good value for the money.

• Reviewed: 23 July 2015

Great location as we were just passing through, right in the...

Great location as we were just passing through, right in the aim road, but didn't hear any traffic noise at all. Lovely big clean room. Nice pool and gym area. Great choice at breakfast. Liked staying at this hotel and would definitely stay here again

There are also 60 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.