Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Charleston-West Ashley 3 stars

678 Citadel Haven Drive, West of the Ashley, Charleston, SC 29414, United States of America

#53 of 89 hotels in Charleston

Good breakfast and excellent location, very pleasant and...

Congested room, bathtub was not clean , rude and fighting kitchen staff.

Good breakfast and excellent location, very pleasant and helpful front office staff.

My room had everything I needed cozy and comfortable, very...
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Parking was hard to find after midnight

My room had everything I needed cozy and comfortable, very clean and breakfast was delicious. Hampton Inn is the only hotel I stay at everything close by even the mall it's wonderful.

I will.choose Hampton again in my next trip!

The only thing I did not.like was the smell to humidity in the hallway upstairs. The rest was perfect!!!!!

I loved the breakfast, clean rooms, very good service. Muy comfortable!..

Good breakfast, great entry room.

Wi-Fi password was too complicated and they did an error on my name, so i had to call to understand how to use WI-FI. Probably a bit too much expensive for the standard (not bad) service you receive.

Good breakfast, great entry room. Service was ok.

Perfect . Would stay at this property again and recommend it to friends also.

Everything was perfect. Clean facility and amenities. Friendly staff also.

Patrick at check-in was very courteous and friendly.... and handsome per my 17 year old daughter!😊

The bed was very uncomfortable, we always stay and Hampton...

The bed was very uncomfortable, we always stay and Hampton Inns because of their awesome beds but this one wasn't the usual standard, bed was hard as a rock, but we still enjoys our stay and the staff was extremely helpful!!!

Adequate accomodations
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Noisy room, staff seemed tired, weight room had non-functioning equipment. Breakfast area was very crowded.

room was big & included a refrigerator & microwave

There was something to suit everybody in the family,...

Cant think of anything....

There was something to suit everybody in the family, including me on Weight Watchers diet. Loved that you had fresh cut fruit as well as whole fruits. My grandson loved the waffle and bacon. I was surprised to see fried eggs as well as scrambled eggs. My daughter thought the oatmeal was wonderful with blueberries and cream on top.

Overall property gounds were nicely kept. Hotel was clean and what I would expect from a Hampton.

Breakfast was not free and my to go bagel (from Starbuck's kiosk) was a hockey puck. We were put into an adjoining room. People next door had a very loud (whinny )child.

Hampton Inns never disappoint. Clean and comfortable rooms.

Nice Hotel, nice and wide rooms, staff
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The Floor of the shower was very dirty and consumed, some roachs in the room. Considering high price I expected much more quality and comfort

Nice Hotel, nice and wide rooms, staff

Great stay

We enjoyed our one night stay...hotel had everything we needed. Located just off main road and close to places we needed. Room was good size and comfortable. Breakfast was very good and had a good selection.

Great location, too high price

The cost of the stay did not reflect the quality of the ambience.

The property is in a great location that provides easy access to downtown Charleston.

Relaxing, comfortable, quiet with a nice breakfast, who could ask for more!

I really have nothing negative to say. Relaxing, comfortable

The beds were very comfortable, the breakfast was nicely prepared and nice selection. Loved the coffee! The room was clean and quiet. I really have nothing to

easy, peasy, upscale.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

the neighbor who got up at 345am with his screaming child in the hallway outside my room for 15 minutes.

the waffles at breakfast, the comfoert of the room, the stairs to the 2nd floor- the computer area and the ease of how to log on, etc.

Great staff
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accessible Tub - Non Smoking

The staff was awesome, because booking.com charged me more than $60 on the agreed upon price and the front desk helped me out on that. Will never book a room again through booking.com

everything was good except the sofa bed and what I asked for.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The beds were not comfortable I had asked for two beds not one and the sofa bed was horrible

everything was good except the sofa bed and what I asked for.

The biscuits and gravy were good.

My room choice was wrong, the TV kept losing channels, the tub did not drain well, the mattress did not have much support and the internet was not reliable. Very disappointed, usually very happy with the Hampton Inn. When I checked out, I wasn't asked about my stay.

The biscuits and gravy were good.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at this hotel, and would definitely stay here again!

The wi-if left something to be desired. We had little to no access in our room, but it seemed to be okay in the central areas.

The hotel was clean & well maintained. Our room was very comfortable. The entire staff were very friendly & helpful. The breakfast was delicious. All things we've come to expect from Hampton Inns, and they always provide.

Very happy with this location and the service provided.

All aspects were fine, as we expected. On arrival we were offered a complimentary drink - wine or soft drink and snacks. These were very welcome and much appreciated.

Great for my one night stay in Charleston.

Desk right next to air conditioning unit so I had to turn it off while sitting at the desk because it was blowing cold air in my face. Also, not enough space between chair and bed.

Clean comfortable room, friendly staff, no street noise.

Great value with exceptional staff.

Really hard to find any negatives, pillow were a bit soft for me, but certainly not a problem. Otherwise all good

Staff, service, breakfast, comfort, cleanliness. I booked a Hilton at my next destination because of this stay.

AC worked great.

Very satisfied!

AC worked great. Breakfast area was roomy and breakfast was very good. Also enjoyed the social hour in the evening. Great snacks and good wine. The staff were very pleasant!

Hampton Inn & the Hilton family of hotels, always delivers as promised.

We wanted an extra blanket and had to go to the front desk to pick it up.....they didn't offer to send someone up with it, which I found odd.

We liked everything about this hotel. We wanted to be close to, but not in, downtown Charleston, we were about 7 miles away - easy to get to. Staff very friendly, great recommendations for dining, etc. We watched the eclipse from the pool deck, Hampton even left us eclipse glasses on our beds.

I would stay again. The sofa sleeper, when it was open, didn't leave walking room to the desk.

The hallways smelled musty like they had steam cleaned the carpet but it didn't dry quick enough.

There was a really good breakfast with ample seating.

I would not recommend this Hotel to anyone.

The bed pillows were awfully uncomfortable. The shower head spray was going in every direction. TV in the sitting area didn't work. We couldn't get the wi fi that was supposed to be free. Our room smelled musty.

The eggs were fluffy the oatmeal good. That's about it.

Wishing I could have stayed longer to enjoy.

Can't think of anything.

i was extremely satisfied with the friendly, helpful and professional staff in the lobby. The check in process was super smooth - never experienced it like this before.

Beds seemed small for queen size.

Beds seemed small for queen size. Thought was getting room with sofa sleeper. One child had to sleep on the floor. Asked for blankets for her and they didn't have any. It's a hotel, no blankets?

Rachel

No complaints

The room was looked very nice/clean. The bed was comfortable (big plus for a bad back). I actually slept like a baby. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Very nice. I enjoyed my visit.

Price was a little high. We were not in the historic district but paid over $350 for 2 nights.

Rooms were clean. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great. Staff very nice.

Large fridge in rooms.

Location was very odd. In the middle of a Toyota dealership. Every breakfast was cold. Unless it was a waffle. Very watery food also like it was diluted.

Large fridge in rooms. Front desk workers were very nice.

Don't stay

It was very dirty. The shower had mold. We couldn't use the closet because it smelled stale and musty. Every time the air conditioner ran it smelled musty. We got a roll away for our seven year old and the mattress was so dirty. At 4:00 in the morning my daughter said that the springs were poking her and it was so uncomfortable. The elevator was broken. It wasn't a place I would recommend to anyone.

Pool was not clean.

Pool was not clean. Property had trash on grounds. Air conditioning was not working well. Felt and smelled damp on hall and in room. Comforter had a hole in it. Stained carpet in hallways.

Having breakfast served at the hotel.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accessible Tub - Non Smoking

Front side door was unlocked each time I viewed. Sign next to this door stated "to keep locked 24 hours a day." ?????

Having breakfast served at the hotel. Knowledge of the staff of the area.

Best night Ever!

We didn't get a chance to use the pool

The bed was comfortably and the room was very clean. Thanks for the coffee in the lobby it was very much needed at the time.

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

We won't stay there again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accessible Tub - Non Smoking

Our bathroom was not clean and the shower curtain had black mildew on it. The bathroom smelled like mildew which made the whole room stink. Our bed was not comfortable and when we turned the blanket down the bed had hair on the sheets. Also I booked a king bed room and we got a room with double beds. I stayed here years ago and it was great, but it has gone downhill since. We won't stay there again.

Not what we expected

Cleanliness, dated bathroom and furniture. Windows looking out to a wall.we requested our two rooms to be adjacent and have connecting doors, we called the hotel after making reservations to confirm request since we where traveling with 2 small children and it was a necessity. Upon arrival they said the request was not in the system and they where sold out and could not fulfill our request. The other thing that happened upon checking out, the front desk was having a conversation with a customer about a new reservation for Saturday night and Sunday night at $149. Per night. We paid 199. Per room from booking.Com and price would not be adjusted. To summarize not a pleasant experience.

The beds where comfortable. Breakfast had a nice selection and the kids enjoyed the waffles.

Parking and breakfast...

Location... Beaches were no more than 40 minutes away (w/ traffic) and the Battery was only 15 minutes away. Many good restaurants close...

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

Pricey but worth it.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

What I didn't like had nothing to do with the hotel at all. When I emailed the hotel via booking.com, the hotel told me they are unable to view the emails through Booking.com, and that they have contacted Booking.com with no response! This is unacceptable! If I hadn't called the reservation desk to confirm my stay, I would not have known that my request was never received via the Booking.com website.

The staff was very accommodating about early check in. The breakfast was great and staff who took care of breakfast was also very nice

• Reviewed: 22 March 2017

It was right off Route 17
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accessible Tub - Non Smoking

We were unable to find the entrance because it is located between 2 car dealerships and cars are parked all over. Also the entrance is NOT marked at all. We were given a handicapped room because our room wasn't ready- the sink was so small and if I were in a wheelchair I would have a hard time navigating the room - too much furniture! Finally breakfast this morning was just ok - scrambled eggs barely warm- not what we expect from a Hampton Inn.

It was right off Route 17

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Very disappointed!!!

The front desk gave my room keys to another guest and that guess waked in on my wife while I had walked to get some ice. She was scared and horrified and embraced to the point we could not go to breakfast. Now she has a whole new view at staying at a hotel. Especially this property.

4.5
    We were here for a special occassion and was utterly disappointed in the room.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Room smelled moldy and old. Toilet was lose from the floor. Air conditioner in both areas were very loud and woke us up several times. Ceiling fan was in very poor shape and rattled. Lamps were in poor shape. Ice machine on our floor did not work. I would not recommend this Hampton Inn at all.

Liked that Myabi's was right next door.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Fairly convenient location to Charleston, but look elsewhere for breakfast.

GThe first two days, the shower had very little hot water. Also, the complimentary breakfast was lacking many things that a typical complimentary breakfast should have. The staff was not keeping up with the demand, and many items were not able to be had.

Everything was fairly standard.

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

The mattress could have been softer and the pillows were not good at all. They needed replacing.

Breakfast was very good. Very friendly staff. Room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Our room was excellent.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was not good. Bacon, sausages and eggs were overlooked, coffee and orange juice were watered down. Usually better

Our room was excellent. Bed was comfortable. Was guest for the day. That was nice

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Typically nice accommodations.

Typically nice accommodations. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We were missing a remote for the TV and the young lady from the front desk brought one right to the room more quickly, and with a smile, than I'd have thought possible!

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Pluses were slightly ahead of minuses which made value over-rated.

The side door guest entrance was broken and had to walk around to front lobby. Bed pillows were agonizingly inferior.

Nice variety of breakfast items with good quality. Room size was nice and heating unit did the job!

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

The rooms had a bad smell to them.

The rooms had a bad smell to them. We looked at changing rooms but the other room we check on had the same smell. I was a little dissapointed in the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Cleanliness.

No indoor or heated pool. Furthermore, website and hotel did not honor government rate. Hotel staff did not help to change the charges and I ended paying more than expected. No meet (bacon) during breakfast.

Cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Perfect weekend!!!
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I cannot think of one thing that we did not like. Even the weather was beautiful!!!

The cleanliness, awesome breakfast, and friendly staff!!! We will be back!

• Reviewed: 25 August 2016

Overall a great stayear, worth returning to.

The staff was very nice and helpful as well. The only unpleasant part of my stay was a woman at the front desk named Lashae. She was less than nice to me and flat out rude to other staff members in front of guests.

The breakfast selection was very good. The dining area was kept very neat and clean. The snacks and beverages served during the week were nice touch. The rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff was very nice. The beds were comfortable. I also liked that there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Ask for a room away from exit doors!

Room 133..noisy all night long...by the rear entrance...

Great staff at check in...nice pool, could use ashtrays around so people did not discard their butt all over the ground.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

I had to leave earlier than originally planned due to a...

I had to leave earlier than originally planned due to a family emergency. I was promised a refund for my second night of stay due to not being able to. I have not received my refund. I have tried on several occasions to speak to a manager and no one returned my call no my money.

Enjoyable place to stay

No Hilton honor points ☹️

Perfect location for the event I attended & an easy drive to old Charleston

No tissue in Kleenex rust in tub one of the better Hampton...

No tissue in Kleenex rust in tub one of the better Hampton I have been in

Would stay there again

Air conditioner could be updated

Cleanliness

The bed was horrible and this Hampton Inn in West Ashley was...

The bed was horrible and this Hampton Inn in West Ashley was overpriced because of the Brand.

It was a great experience and I definitely will be back again

Na

Everything was clean and staff was very helpful

Clean

Overpriced for Location

Clean

I really enjoyed my visit! Thanks!

Everything 😃

everything was great

everything was great

Very nice, clean convenient to the historic area.

When I tried to make a reservation for a additional day thru the hotel, I got transferred to the National line.

Location was perfect for our needs.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds Accessible Tub - Non Smoking

Location was perfect for our needs. Comfy beds, friendly helpful staff

Your price was the dames as Hampton so I lost my Hilton honors points. Not good

Your false ad. You were not cheaper than Hampton. From now on I will call the hotel first

Exercise room.

Just perfect
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect my kids and I definitely enjoyed our stay here

I was soooooooo relaxed!
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

I was soooooooo relaxed!!! Can't wait till my next stay.

GREAT hotel

Cean and convenient

Check in and out was super easy.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Check in and out was super easy. The room was big and the beds were very comfortable!!

Great hotel

Clean and conveniently located!

The staff was friendly and my room was very comfortable.

The staff was friendly and my room was very comfortable.

Comfortable

Cleanliness

Ok.

We were supposed to have 2 beds and a pull out sofa. No pull outs on this property. Original room was king.

Bed was comfortable.

My stay was very relaxing

Did not get to stay longer.

The staff very friendly and helpful.

Nice place.
    • King Suite with Whirlpool - Non-Smoking

Had king suite, with whirlpool tub. Whirlpool was nice, but as a shower was very slippery.

Nice place.