Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Chicago-Hoffman Estates 3 stars

2825 Greenspoint Parkway, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169, USA

#2 of 8 hotels in Hoffman Estates

it was ok, it could have been better, I understand this hotel is due for a remodel hope it helps.

bed was to tall for average people, lighting was dim, toilet was short even for a short person. need more chairs or places to sit in room.

breakfast was good it had a variety each day. pool was ok, hot tub was good.

Comfy beds, good shower.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Not enough seating for breakfast, small hot selection and ran out of items. Rooms are really poorly lit and not enough seats in the suite for the amount of people it holds.

Comfy beds, good shower. Children liked the pool. Liked that hot drinks were available from lobby all day

Didn't have the room of the price it said on booking,

They charged me more than what was supposed to be , Has 109 on booking and when we got there they charged extra 25 for each room , for a convience fee,

The rooms were clean

This was for a family event we just had booked two rooms...

First of all this is my second time answering this but I will do it again did not care for the toilets they were very very short like a little kids toilet that's the only thing we just liked

This was for a family event we just had booked two rooms family stayed in one we stayed in the other this was instead of our normal Easter celebration we thought we would do something different and it was nice thank you

Can an excellent time thank you I don't feel
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Your toilets are too low not enough towels and toiletries specially for the Suites

Decided to do something special for the family and it was a pretty close and in between the family so you could slide it to look at through you guys and we had a good time thank you

• King Room-Smoking

Being called on check in day and told my room wasn’t available since the person who stayed the night before paid to stay one more night then I walked in and was told that there was another smoking room available Why wasn’t that option given to me on the phone?

Disappointex

Breakfast was good last time I stayed but not taken care of this time. Furniture in the room was dirty. At 8am housekeeping yelling to each other in front of my door even though I had a do not disturb sign on the door.

Easy access

Good breakfast included with stay.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast included with stay. Staff was helpful. Close to Sears Arena. Good value. Many restaurant choices within a few miles. Room was very clean and comfortable.

Sorry, I did'nt take any pictures.

Nothing negative.

This was the second time we have chosen to stay at Hampton Inn & Suites in Hoffman Estates Once again our room was quite adequate for our needs when in the room, micro-wave, small fridge, with coffee/tea maker along with the required essentials, (coffee/tea packets) as well as cups and ice bucket with ice machine just down the hall. Breakfast was more than adequate, with all the ingredients as home, with maybe a little more. Will be booking again in the future at the same place.

Booking.
    • King Room -Accessible with Tub Non-Smoking

Booking.com was a disaster! I get to my hotel and they did not have my reservation or name or anything at all. Called booking.com and they did not have my info either. The hotel also did not have any information on my reservation. The hotel felt sorry for us and had one room left for us for the one night. Very hesitant to use Booking.com ever again.

Excellent stay!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Construction going on the road hotel located on so maneuvering was a bit difficult

Was very clean, although it was very busy the staff was prompt in getting checked in right away. Breakfast was crowded but very good, again staff stayed on top to make sure that nothing ran out. Our room was perfect, clean, and very comfortable

Comfortable, clean, near my destination, good breakfast.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Difficulty walking, requested room near entrance on first floor. Got third floor, end of long hallway. Created difficulty getting to and from room. Handicapped parking not enforced. Unauthorized card in spots entire stay.

Fun time, will look at other properties for future visits to area.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

The toilets were shallow and small, likely inexpensive. We had to move rooms because one clogged up. The room was smaller than the usual double. We could only get to the window air conditioner by lowering the desk chair and sliding it all the way under the desk. I would guess that the width of the room is 3-4 feet less than older properties and 4-5 feet less in length - there was not room for a chair and light, which we have had in other Hampton Inns. The room air conditioners need to be thoroughly cleaned. The one in the first room had moist fuzzy material growing on the outside of it.

Location. This was the hotel booked for Reunion, though we booked through Booking.com. So it was fun to be with classmates.

It exceeded my expectations and I highly recocommend it for anyone staiying the NW suburbs.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Access to the interstate was a little clumsy, but nothing problematic.

The staff was efficient and pleasant, the breakfast was great and the facilities were spotless. The cost was very low for the experience that they offer.

We felt that the front desk could of acted concerned to satisy their customer.
    • King Room -Accessible with Tub Non-Smoking

Our air conditioning did not work and we had to sleep with the windows open to a noisy expressway. The shower leaked and sprayed water over the top of the shower curtain and when you got out it was a pool in the bathroom floor. We told the front desk and she basically ignored us.

4.5
    It sucked it could've been better.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

They had to switch my room because the stove didn't work in the first room. Then I get to the next room and the a/c barely worked and cut off every two minutes. No one came to see if I needed anything changed new towels nothing. The bed had blond hairs in it which were not mine.

Only thing I liked was the shower.

Was amazing!!!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I found a sock on the floor.

We stayed there for two nights with our kids and was fabulous, they enjoyed the pool, was, employees there were so friendly. My little one was impressed because the front desk young lady speaks Spanish !!!

Great location!! Not so clean cleaners!!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Basically anything you forgot at home is being sold inside the hotels a little shop, instead of being complementary given to you. First day in room five minutes into it, find out one of the beds was never made and someone else had slept in it and was dirty. The cleaning crew seem to have just made the bed dirty also. Finding pieces of hair all over the bathroom within the first five minutes of walking into the bathroom. Breakfast had the small selection and such a large crowd and a small section of the hotel.

Location of hotel

Breakfast was very good and a lot of choices.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The room on booking.com was not the room I received. Booking.com stated the room would sleep more and the property couldn't and didn't accommodate what was advertised. I probably won't use the website.

Cleanliness, staff approachable, room comfortable

Very Clean and comfortable
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Just didn't know it was an hour drive to Chicago the only sad part about my stay was it was very far from Chicago where the wedding was that I was going too

The breakfast was Fantastic! The pool was great heated and not to mention my room was just so clean and comfy i had 3 children me and my fiancé and we sleep great in our very roomy room I will stay here again !

Very satisified
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Construction surrounding area was not ideal.

Great staff and spacious rooms for large family. Wished we could have stayed longer. Quick check in and friendly employees. Also very clean and updated. Had a very "homey" comfortable feel that the family enjoyed. Good pool and whirlpool also.

The breakfast is very good, many options.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Not really a Hampton issue-last year we got a suite and this year did not. Next year it will be a suite again. The suite, of course, offers more space when being there for two nights. A suite also was less noisy.

The breakfast is very good, many options. The staff is great-they always have an answer for any question. This was our second year to stay at this location and will most likely stay again.

Poor Business Planning
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Shutting down the pool and hot-tub on a fully booked weekend was an awful idea. I k is for a fact the hotel was sold out, as we were there for a cheer competition. Lots if sad and upset kids. Poor business planning. They knew they were going to have tons of kids there.

The willingness to accommodate and make you feel at home override any shortcomings of the facility.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The beds seemed a little small. I was surprised by the size of the pool, I thought it seemed bigger online.

The breakfast was exceptional. It was a pleasant surprise to see that good quality coffee was served all day long. It was great to know that the front desk would accommodate us with any toiletries that we might have forgotten. The bedding was comfortable.

Booked the suite last minute to get away with the family.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Booked the suite last minute to get away with the family...got a great deal!! Updated suite with plenty of room for a family of 5. We were in a little "nook" and never heard another person in the hotel. Nice and clean, although my one year old did find a chip under the couch and a small bag of garbage in a cupboard...nothing that scared us off.

Relaxing stay in Chicago

Someone had been smoking in one of the stairwells and there was quite a musty smell in it. Also construction was being done on road to the property so it was one way and you were forced to make a loop when coming back to property.

Room was very clean with a great bed that was super comfortable. Went down for breakfast in the morning and was surprised at the available toppings for the waffles. The eggs, pastries and coffee were all excellent. Beautiful view of a pond behind resort with a walking trail. and right across the road from that was a biking/running trail that was awesome for a morning run.

Breakfast was good.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

We booked and paid for a suite and heat was not working in that room so hotel staff ended up moving my husband and I to a regular room for a night . Next day they managed to move us back to a suite but it wasn't worth it. I paid for the suit and didn't get it.

Breakfast was good.

Wish I would have known
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The fact that I went through expedia to book the room and it didn't say that the hotel pool wasn't going to be available. That was one if the reasons why I picked this hotel my kids love yo swim. It was a very long road trip to try and find another hotel.

The lobby was pretty.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Great Stay!
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

This Hampton Inn was perfect for my business trip - centrally located in a very nice area. It is conveniently located to a wide variety of shopping and restaurants for after work hours.

• Reviewed: 28 January 2017

Nothing fancy
    • King Room -Accessible with Tub Non-Smoking

The ice machines and vending machines did not work anywhere but on the 1st floor. The first room we were in smelled like marijuana but they moved our rooms as soon as we notified them.

Breakfast was good, had a decent variety of things to choose from. Staff was very pleasant and tried hard to accommodate us.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

Thanksgiving with the family
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

No handicap rail or side table next to toilet

Loved comfort of bed. Layout of room wonderful (separate bedroom, full kitchen Liked being on first floor. Great breakfast

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Solid facility if you have a car
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

* no shuttle on weekends was a bummer, as I didn't rent a car. * unfortunately I could not eat a single thing from complementary breakfast due to food allergies. I hope they have somewhat more allergy-conscious breakfast menu. * kitchen did not have any cutting board or knife (other than butter knife), so it was hard to cook anything without causing extra expense (in my case, $30 uber fair to and from supermarket to just buy $10 knife).

overall nice facility and cleanliness.

• Reviewed: 6 October 2016

Enjoyable Stay.

The breakfast meals were very enjoyable. Good variety of everything. Beats McDonalds or any other fast food venue. The room my wife and I stayed in was very comfortable and quite adequate for our needs. Enjoyed the DAILY cleaning and refreshing of bath towels and replenishing of coffee and cups. Will definitely book my next stay in Hoffman Estates. All my destinations were in CLOSE proximity. I give Hampton Inn & Suites in Hoffman Estates, IL. 5 star rating. VERY PLEASED.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2016

Serves its purpose
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Odor in the suite. Room appeared to look tired and extremely outdated. Upgraded furniture, fresh colors, new flooring, and vanities, sinks, fixtures and tub need to be replaced. Cleanliness also lacked, but that is very difficult to achieve if upgrading is lacking and calls upon the room service staff to build glass buildings with stone (impossible). I've stayed at many Hampton Inn's, but this one does not hold a candle to the others, which are truly magnificent in every respect. With the location of this one being in a very upscale neighborhood, I expected better. A solid hour drive into Chicago proper. Don't count on a map to decipher time it takes to travel into downtown or anywhere near downtown. Traffic is a killer too.

Very good breakfast. Excellent staff and location. Extremely safe and upscale location and neighborhood.

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

I would never recommend this place!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The front desk staff (besides KiKi) were horrible. Even the hotel manager. The hotel messed up my room reservation and threatened to kick me out. Only after telling them I may have to call the police did Myra back down a little. The room was sub par. The tv broke many of times, the iron didn't work, the noeghbora above us were doing gymnastics stunts until later in the night. I would never recommend this hotel.

The room cleaning staff was so friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: 21 July 2016

The staff was excellent.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

It was a busy weekend but I don't think they were prepared for it food wise. They kept running out of food for breakfast

The staff was excellent..They helped us with directions and gave us excellent guest service from extra towels to what to do in the area, including info on the Casino and how to get to Medieviel Times the back way to avoid traffic.

The staff was friendly the room was clean
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The lightning and the room wasn't to bright

The staff was friendly the room was clean

My stay was great! Home away from home.
    • King Room-Smoking

I like that there were grills in the courtyard. Nice touch!

waffles

waffles

Nice place to stay and affordable
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Nice room and updated decor.

Picked this Inn due to its proximity to the Sears Arena for a Cheerleading Competion.

Very comfortable beds, coffee on tap 24/7

The bed was very comfortable struggled to get out of it ☺
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a bar in the lobby area

The bed was very comfortable struggled to get out of it ☺ The shower was lovely and powerful

The jacuzzi

The jacuzzi

Seamless, no complaints.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Small pool. We were upgraded to a suite, so that made up for it.

Great Job
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Location was a bit hard to find. The egg omlet wasn't good.

Everything else was great.

Comfy bed
    • King Room-Smoking

Cleanliness the room were very poorly cleaned rugs were dirty sheets under blanket looked worn like they have been used

Comfy bed

Clean room and excellent breakfast

Clean room and excellent breakfast

Great Experience! Will definitely go back to stay ther again.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Friendly staff, clean rooms, and very good breakfast.

The young staff were so very sweet and respectful, especially to my special needs son.
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

The pool was under maintenance.

Staff was very friendly and kind.

Cleaniness

How cold the halleaus n lobby was

Cleaniness

• Double Room - Non-Smoking

Excellent experience, no complaints.

Wonderful facility, clean room with all amenities, a variety of items for breakfast, friendly staff, pleasant environment.

We booked the spa tub king suite and we will definitely be coming back!
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

Nothing!! Everything was great!

The bed was amazing!! Pillows were extra soft!!

Enjoyed the hot tub and Jacuzzi tub in my room. Breakfast was good.
    • Deluxe King Room with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

100 dollar hold for incidentals was a bit much.

Big selection on breakfast bar. Comfy bed.

The actual room was acceptable
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Shower and HDMI ports on both tv's were broken, and the toaster smelled like burning plastic while toasting.

The actual room was acceptable

we had to go for a sad occasion and having a good hotel made it easier.

we got small beds.

it was a very nice hotel and we enjoyed our time. friendly staff and the reason we got this hotel was for the pool and hot tub.

Dirty in common areas

Pool

Breakfast, facilites
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

size of the bed which was too small

Breakfast, facilites

Very good
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible

All good,maybe more food for bf.

Very clean rooms and great staff

Television doesn't have closed caption, disappointed.

Television doesn't have closed caption, disappointed.

Good!

Buy better eggs

Eggs were bad

Good breakfast and quiet room
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

A few things had gone missing over the course of our stay

Good breakfast and quiet room

Exclusive

Everything is good

Wonderful

The beds were amazing!

I recommend to friends

Construction around this area

Friendly staff,very clean

the hotel and staff is amazing
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The overall stay was great. Just had a bad experience with another hotel so coming in and being treated so kindly was great.

I'll be back!!

I liked everything!!

The breakfast was very good. We loved our room - very clean and comfortable.

Very clean and the room was very well designed

Very clean and the room was very well designed

Nice comfortable room with the best bed
    • King Room -Accessible with Roll- In Shower-Smoking

Room keys where mot available for 3 hours after check in. Machine for keys was broken.

The comfort of the bed

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Best stay ever
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

Breakfast was delicious, the double suite w/kitchen was a great size. Friendly staff, kids loved the pool area

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Paid extra for the comfort, it was worth it

Pool was closed

Room super comfortable

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Home Away From Home
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The bathroom shower was leaking, we has to shower in the room next door.

Very comfortable room, had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: 28 March 2017

The ambiance of the room.
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The ambiance of the room. The space

Yes the eggs where fluffy.
    • Double Room - Non-Smoking

Kids in the pool never got chance to get in the pool.

Yes the eggs where fluffy. And the beds where so comfy.

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Good value and great service
    • Non-Smoking Double Suite with Kitchen

The pool happened to be closed and the sofa bed of course wasn't comfortable.

Loved the beds, comforters, pillows! Also, the layout is nice.