Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Cleveland-Beachwood 3 stars

3840 Orange Place, Beachwood, OH 44122, USA

#1 of 12 hotels in Beachwood

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Please offer healthier snacks in The Suite Room. Exs. Nuts, light popcorn, cheese, protein bars, yogurt parfaits. Anything that is high protein, and low carbs.

The staff is very friendly and helpful! (Cherry) Breakfast available, so we do not have to leave the hotel. Gym availability Rewards program When necessary, later checkout time. (1:00). TY! Guests have use of a computer and printer

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

This was our annual trip the past 4 yrs, from the day we visited the area to this past weekend we have stayed here at least 3-4x a year. Out trips to the area may most likely have come to an end with our son graduating from John Carroll Univ this weekend but it has been enjoyable to be able to stay at this hotel after a 6-7 road trip to get there. Staff has always been friendly and go above and beyond to ensure a wonderful experience while staying. The two kitchen staff on the weekends are wonderful and true keepsakes to that hotel.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

This stay was wonderful. The only improvement needed is the mattress in the pull out couch was very uncomfortable.

The queen beds were soft, the room was large, the staff was friendly and the breakfast was one of the best we've had. Lots of variety and fresh fruit.

The room was a bit dark and dated. Major complaint? Bed was really uncomfortable, unfortunately.

Lobby was newer and welcoming, staff was very friendly and responsive. Pool and hot tub were both very clean and we enjoyed a dip in both. Breakfast was free and really good - waffles, sausage, potatoes, eggs, the works. The location/area was really nice. Would stay again.

Internet had to be connected each time I went on to the computer. Also, housekeeping was spotty.

Nice room with a comfortable bed. Reception was very helpful. Liked the water bottles handed out and the fresh fruit and coffee available all day.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Soooo crowded for breakfast- couldn’t even find a place to sit!

The location was great, the breakfast and staff were amazing except when we checked in late, We were told in a very unprofessional way that the room we reserved was not available so I had to sleep in a bed with my 16 years old son and the other teenager slept on a very uncomfortable pullout. We had just endured coming in on a very late plane and nearly missing our rental car arrangement and got to the hotel at 1 am only to be told by the front desk man that - “wow, your night isn’t goung to get any better,your room was given away! “Seriously? But other than that, the breakfast staff were all hardworking people that tried hard to please. The beds were amazingly comfy and we enjoyed our stay.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything that I expected it from the Hampton Inn I’ve stayed there before and I get exactly what I am expecting cleanliness professional cozy comfortable

The breakfast lacked compared to other hotels I stayed at. They were out of eggs and hashed browns when I was getting my breakfast. I was looking forward to a hot breakfast before my departure, not cold cereal.

Very clean hotel, rooms were spacious, staff was friendly.

Please, do not wake us up to tell us you need to do the clean up. I remembered I hung on the no disturb sign. Everything besides this are pretty well. Nice breakfast

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The eggs were nasty the jacuzzi was full of kids. I was not able to go swimming the jacuzzi had dirt in it There were a lot of racist things that I seen like people wearing Trump hats make America white again but besides that my overall my stay was great the staff was outstanding they accommodated me and help me and Sharif was an awesome in helping with everything

I like that the front desk was very accommodating they helped me with every step of the way they were friendly and hard-working I would like to give a great big thanks to Sharif

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were unable to use the pool the entire weekend because of so many children using the pool including a night where a family was holding a birthday pool party. This was unfair to the rest of the guests. The families with children were also noisy with kids running down the halls late into the evening. This was no fault of the hotel staff, but made our stay unpleasant in that regard. Also, the kitchen/breakfast area ran out of food the second morning and kids were eating their cereal on the counters in the kitchen area where other guests were trying to get food. Had to "bus" your own table from all of the trash left by previous sloppy, disrespectful guests. TV's with no guide, so you had to slowly flip through channels.

The rooms were clean (except for an empty water bottle found under a chair). The staff was very pleasant.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Some of the guest were rude but i handled it with kindness.

The breakfast was outstanding. The rooms were very comfortable. Me and my family truly enjoyed our weekend get away

When I checked in, my "keys" did not work and I had to drag my suitcase etc. back down to the lobby to have them re made.

The room was clean and comfortable with comfy pillows!!! I always travel with a small down pillow but yours was just fine!!! Also, it was so nice to be greeted with an array of warm beverages available in the lobby when I arrived on a late COLD night! Also, breakfast was a PLUS!!!

We didn't get to use the hot tub because there was a few large groups that were constantly using it no matter how often we checked or how long we waited and those same groups were letting their children run wild until after midnight so it was hard to sleep. Not the hotels fault though.

The breakfast was amazing with so many options. The staff was super friendly and accommodating.

My neighbor was a bit loud, but they transferred me to another room immediately.

The Staff was friendly, the breakfast was very good, the rooms were large, in the pool and fitness center were exceptional.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room was for a disabled person. There needs to be assist rails next to the toilet, more assist rails in the shower, a hand held shower head and a walk in shower. It would also be helpful to have the sink and counter wheel chair accessible which they weren't. Luckily we were able to make it work but many others would have challenges. However, that was are only concern. Once again I cannot say enough about the professional and pleasant staff! They were awesome and I would recommend the hotel to anyone who isn't wheelchair bound.

The staff were phenomenal! Polite, friendly and helpful! The breakfast was amazing. Very family friendly!

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

loud kids playing hitting tryna drown other kids kids knocking on other people doors and these was kids from the 6th floor it was a horrible stay this go around i didnt like it at all

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

It was a very relaxing trip! Excellent staff! Excellent Rooms! And amazing food at the continental breakfast... We loved the pool and hot tub and everything was clean and accessible

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really didn’t like the bed, hurt my back a lot

Breakfast was great! Also the lady at the front desk was wonderful. When we got here, they didn’t have our reservation from booking. But they did everything they could to accommodate us. Always said hi and bye when coming and going. The pool area was wonderful as wel

The king size bed was sunken into the middle and we both rolled that way. The pillows were of the size that 2 were too much and 1 not enough. Could have been 1 extra bath towel

Theres nothing I didn't like about it I Loved it

Friendly staff peaceful clean room nice environment I would highly recommend this hotel to others!!!

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The exercise room contained several machines (bike and treadmill, as I remember) that didn't work. Otherwise, one of the nicest facilities I have stayed at.

Yes, the eggs were fluffy and while the bed wasn't like a cloud, it was fine.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

If you don’t check in at regular time they might give your room away, and the cut off time for breakfast was alittle too early

Late checkout, late pool hours

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had a Booking confirmation number but upon arrival, hotel had no record of my reservation. Had to call Booking in the UK to get it sorted. This added about 15 mins to my Check-in

Nice staff

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One of the elevators seemed to be having some difficulties...

The staff was beyond accommodating and seemed to really want to help us. They provided directions and road closure warnings that would have ruined our plans to drive to the Cavs game later that evening.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Checkout. Once we checked out, there were several authorized payments on my bank account up to 3 days after my stay that totaled $566. These funds were held on my account until the final transaction posted and the other transactions fell off my account.

The front desk staff and cleaning staff exceeded my expectations with excellent attitude and customer service.

At first the attendant asked desk was harsh or abrasive. I had My check-in date wrongI had to go to car and call bookin. Com to correct the problem. The booking.com rep was VERY NICE and helpful and corrected the problem.

Overall experience was Good.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our sink drained too slowly. The bed spread was warm enough but too heavy for me. Drape was in need of repair to open and close properly. A small roof over the back door from parking lot would have been nice in the rain. Road construction on 271 with poor signage caused us to get lost east your hotel.

Our room was roomy and comfortable. The breakfasts were excellent. Parking was ample and access to the elevators was very convenient.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Allowed to Smoke on the floor we were on

Service! Breakfast was surprisingly good..bed.. bUT they had to move us when the air conditioner wasn't working And they put us Ina smoking floor without telling us!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were satisfied with everything at this location.

The beds and pillows were super comfortable! The entire staff provided exceptional friendly and courteous service, including front desk, (Sherry) kitchen,(Lizzie) and housekeeping, who helped to make our stay enjoyable. We loved having coffee available 24/7, bottles of water and "to go" breakfast bags. The breakfast provided a variety of choices, and lovely sitting area. Many restaurants, shopping close by, convenient access to Interstate. Our three day stay was one of the best! This Hampton Inn will be our first choice when in Cleveland.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very young hockey team running the halls being very loud. Parents seemed to be hanging in the lobby area not really paying attention to them

Beds were very comfortable Pool and hot tub area really nice

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The front staff at check in was not very friendly. There was an unexplained charge on my credit card that took over a week to come off. No other staff member could explain it.

The room was a good size and the beds were comfortable. The hotel is in a quiet location back off the main roadway. They have a nice pool/hot tub area. The Beechwood area was nice with lots of local restaurants.

I booked 3 nights. After the second night I woke up with bug bites on my arms, neck ,and face. We were moved to a different room and the hotel heat dried our clothes. The second room was on a different floor of the hotel. In the second room I was awakened at 3am with more bites on my upper body. We checked out of the hotel immediately. We are currently disputing the charge for one night. The hotel removed the charges for 2 nights only. The room charge for the first 2 nights was higher than what was advertised on booking.com.

Confusion regarding whether my credit card was charged in advance through bookings.com or to pay at hotel. Called once I returned home and was told I paid in April which wasn't true. Then charged two days after returning home from trip. CONFUSION.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They need to add a little salt to the water when boiling the eggs. It makes them easier to peel.

Clean, comfortable, great front desk personnel, just off I-271.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness, elevators were out of service and we were on the 5th floor. The floors in our room hadn't been vacuumed.There were almonds on the floor from the previous people. The mattress was sliding off the bed.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

NO complaint about anything at all. This facility is better than home , fresh GOOD coffee in lobby ALL the time , I can't get that at home. The nicest , cleanest staff and place I've evet stayed. Breakfast ROCKS

Beds very comfortable, room clean and spacious for 3 of us.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

It would be nice if instead of the spring mattress on the sleeper sofa, that a foam mattress is used instead. The spring mattress was very worn/smashed and very uncomfortable.

The room was larger than expected which was great for four adults.

The drive to the hotel was through a more run down part of Cleveland so was concerned of what the hotel would be like, pleased when finally reached the hotel

Lovely room, quiet and well located, great breakfast and helpful staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

the room would get really cold-then really warm. The bed cover was way to heavy to use as a cover and there was only a sheet.

best bed ever! The room was a nice size and I like having an armchair to sit in.

I noticed in all the Hampton Inn's that I have stayed in, there were no glasses in the room. I'm sure the Hampton INN can afford to put glasses in the rooms. Cheaper hotels have glasses in the rooms. When I stay at the Hampton Inn I have to take my own glass with me. I would expect more from a hotel like this. Also better selection of TV channels would be nice.

The Hotel was convenient to where I needed to be.

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

THIS HAMPTON INN, IS NOWHERE NEAR AS CLEAN AS OTHER HAMPTON INNS WE HAVE STAYED AT. SHEETS WERE NOT CHANGED DAILY, BATHROOM WAS NOT VERY CLEAN EITHER.

VERY NICE STAFF - HELPFUL AND POLITE.

• Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

My wife found the bed too soft and it gave her a sore back.

It is a short distance from all the attractions of Cleveland. One can get closer but the cost of a center of city hotel is 3 times more.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

-location -elevators were problematic-my son was stuck for over an hour on the elevator with a group of 5 strangers

-great breakfast -pool was nice-kids really enjoyed it -hot tub -nice facilities -very friendly and accommodating staff -hotel "General Store"

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

Now water for 5 hours one day. Pool did not work for 4 days. They have HE washing machines but don't sell the liquid for it, they only sell powder.

Staff

Room had old, outdated TV's Bathrooms need remodeling - plastic shell insert in shower - bad shower head. Toilet not strong enough. Tissue dispenser falling apart. Not enough selection in breakfast.

Receptionist and 24/7 Tea/Coffee/Water station was nice. Lots of plugs for charging in the room

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Don't play FOX news in the morning in the breakfast room. Frankly, don't play it at night either. A big part of the mess this country is in can be traced to the FOX psudo-news and the platform given to alt-right views.

Desk attendants were exceptionally helpful in all our requests. They were fully booked for the week, but never appeared stressed or less than friendly and pleased to help. We have become Hampton Inn fans...it is our first choice in all our travel. Your breakfast is, by far, the most thorough, healthy and delicious for any places we have stayed. Rooms were well maintained and always done with as little intrusion into our stay. This particular staff should rate 6 stars out of 5 !!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I love coffee and I knew as soon as I poured it that it was going to be weak. Should have two pots, one a little stronger than the other. Other than that I have nothing else that I didn't like.

Love the beds, one of the main reason I like booking here. Love the continental breakfast. Hotel was full while I was there but very quite, love that. Most importantly is cleanliness, very pleased .

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No complaints. The staff was very friendly.

The receptionist Jala was very friendly and helpful to me and my family. The beds were very comfortable. When we visit again that will be one our choices. The location was great for what we were there attending.

The cleaning staff were friendly & room was nice. However, noisy hallway & neighbors kept me up for multiple nights. The rooms need to be quieter.

Had to walk thru smokers outside the entrance to the hotel. Getting off the elevator there was a smoking smell even though it was a non-smoking floor. There was a staff room and we think the staff was smoking in the room and it was coming out thru the vent.

Staff was excellent. Convenient location. Breakfast was a bonus.

The only dislike was caused by the construction of the entrance road - still passable but a bit difficult to find.

Breakfast was outstanding. Room was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They didn't replace the towels that they removed from the room daily

Front desk took care of the billing discrepancy we had, they checked until they corrected it & was very nice about it.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

There was nothing that I didn't like about the hotel.Family friendly

The rooms were clean, nice pool area, and the continental breakfast was good and a various items for breakfast -hot or cold.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Could not use my Government worker discount as I was told I did not book through the hotel itself; I booked through Booking.com. I feel this was false advertising!!

Comfortable bed and shower.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

There are no complaints.

Perfect breakfast choices. Room was very comfortable and enjoyed having a refrigerator in the room. Perfect location and close to many restaurants, stores, highway, etc... Wonderful staff at this location, always helpful and accommodating.

Bed sheets comstantly kept pulling over the edges. I had issues with both ethernet and wifi connections. The view wasn't that great, but I didn't pay for a view so it was alright.

The bed was comfy, and the room was extremely clean.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I asked for a late check out and was only given a half an hour. I usually get an hour so I didn't like that. What difference would 30 minutes had made? The shower I thought was smaller than most hotel showers

The oatmeal at the continental breakfast was delicious

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

All the kids in the pool area tearing it up with no supervision and the mess at the coffee station the microwave was dirty and unsanitary I think they should have more than one microwave in an area not right at the front desk that way guest don't have to see the mess if there is one

The beds were comfy and the jacuzzi was really nice

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

I like the TV channel listing made available so that I wouldn't have to guess the channels. I also loved the comfort of the bed and pillows. The cleanliness of the bathroom was also very impressive.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

There was a problem with one of the elevators. We had to wait a little longer for one to go up.

The property is in an excellent location, making the commute to my job hassle free. To add to the excellent location the breakfast was divine, and the environment was peaceful, which made our stay a great getaway. Hampton Inn, you Rock!!!

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We loved every part of this experience, and will gladly repeat here at this hotel. Value for money, clean room. supportive staff willing to go beyond the traditional, excellent breakfast in comfortable surroundings.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

• King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Explain exactly what a particular handicapped accessible room has in it. We had to change rooms.

I filled out an earlier survey....excellent customer service by Jamal (I hope that is the right name).

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

The Sign in Front of the Hotel was a little Small compared to all the other Hotels in the Area......

On the Buffet there was more of a variety and Fresh Fruit salad...Beds were comfortable ...Rooms were nice and Staff were Friendly and Helpful....

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

I need Closed Caption on any TV I watch and there was difficulty getting it. The maintenance man didn't know anymore about it than I did. I usually can get it set up myself, but not that weekend, plus when you turned off the TV, you had to start over again, so we had to have help both nights we stayed there.

The breakfast was good----plenty of choices.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing! We were pleased with everything!

This hotel exceeded our expectations! Great staff! Great rooms! Great breakfast! Hot tub and pool were excellent!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Fire alarm at 230 in the morning and the toilet kept clogging. coffee was watered down. Bed was too soft for me but wife and kids liked it.

Nice room and staff. Breakfast was better than most hotels. The location was good for our purpose

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

Room was clean and spacious!kids loved the pool. Breakfast was great, lots of delicious options. Coffee,tea and hot chocolate available 24/7. They sent us on our way with cold water bottles. Would definitely stay here again. Easy on off highway.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Studio Suite - Smoking

The day i check im the room wasnt that big as shown on line & its to strick on the quess for weekend & then the refrigerator went out 3times everything wasnt getting cold & they bring a refrigerator at 12@night it didnt make since

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

I was here for four nights for the Republican National Convention. One day, whoever cleaned my room turned down my thermostat to 63 degrees--I originally had it set to 74. So when I got back to my room at 3am, it was FREEZING. I don't mind if the cleaning staff want to clean in a more comfortable temperature, but they should've adjusted the thermostat back to my original settings. AFter all, I'm the one paying for the room. Also, the pool area could use a bit more regular cleaning. When I used it one morning, the floor was rather wet and there were errant used towels lying around.

Courteous and helpful staff. Free breakfast. Clean and comfortable room. Very comfortable bed. They had free tea and coffee all day long. Also had complimentary water bottles in the morning. Overall a good experience.

• Reviewed: 15 July 2016

The dining area was very cramped and not enough seating. The food area was very uncomfortably small and stressful.

The pool room and the actual hotel room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good.

Noisy shower

Comfort

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

missed cleaning my room first night's stay

great place to stay