Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Downtown, Ohio 3 stars

501 North High Street, Columbus, OH 43215, USA

#6 of 103 hotels in Columbus

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

To short wish I had more time to stay.

Again every thing was great.

Everyone was great. The only problem I had was booking.com didn't make my reservation. I had to make my reservation as a walk in.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

Pristine and Great Location!

Clifford the bellman was very charming, friendly and welcoming! The location was outstanding! Just across the conference, local market and lots of restaurants nearby. Walkable area!

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

We had a fabulous stay in Columbus.

Can't think of anything.

The breakfast food was tasty. The staff was very friendly - how can Clifford be that effervescent all the time? We were there for The Game and the location was perfect for us. Should we return to Columbus, we will also return to you. Thank you. Loved the water bottles you so generously gave us.

This hotel was in the perfect location.

This hotel was in the perfect location. Easy access from the airport and at the southern end of the Short North. Perfect for walking and exploring. Staff was friendly and the room was very comfortable. Breakfast was nice as well.

It was a great place minus the parking surprise.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Parking price. It should be included in the rate or at least lowered. We paid double for parking than we did at past hotels in the same area and we didnt move our car at all all weekend. It was ridiculous.

Staff was great and the room was beautiful!

great stay

I asked for a king bed, they gave me a two queens. Thus, I didn't ask them to adjust.

Actually, when I arrived at the hotel, they told me that it was an issue with my room and they sent me at Hilton (one block) and they took care about the bill. Sometimes you just can't avoid the problems, so it's important how you deal with. I feel they were classy.

Staff was great.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was great. They were friendly, helpful and efficient. Room size and overall decor were very nice. Hotel was quiet and clean. Love the location.

Great location and very comfortable!

Price is higher then average but very worth it

Great location and very comfortable! When I stay in Columbus this is where I have stayed for the past 4 years

Would stay again, safe, comfortable, friendly staff.

The layout of the suite isn’t the best, (but we didn’t mind this, other travelers might) it’s small and utilitarian. A little anemic...design suffers from “beige-itis” lol. Could use a little spot of color or a painting....something. (For the money you’re paying) Nice big tv, though. No tub in the bathroom....that’s always a bummer for me. Only One small mirror over the sink, with very dim lights (for two girls trying to get ready at the same time, this wasn’t great) A full length mirror would be a nice addition, too.

We were there for a concert in arena district, this was a quick, simple walk away for my teen daughter and I. There was a bit of a ‘traffic jam’ where a bunch of people tried to check in at the same time. We waited in the lobby....45 minutes, and started to worry about being late. Staff was very polite, offered an upgrade to a king suite, no additional charge so we could go right up. Also, offered free water/ coffee /tea. Very nice! The hotel is pricy, but worth it IMO...beds & pillows super comfy. Slept well. Would go again. Newer furniture...nice plugs/ usb cable chargers on the end tables! Super convenient. Also, VERY clean. Valet service was great, convienent. Breakfast was just as you’d expect, nice, pretty much the usual fare.

Delicious coffee.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good. Food was cold. Waffle maker needs cooking spray, they were impossible to get off the waffle iron in one piece. Tables were all dirty even though we were the first people there in the morning. French toast sticks were hard as a rock. Fruit didn’t look fresh.

Delicious coffee. Nice room. Friendly staff.

Great hotel and staff!!!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was very nice and extremely clean. Modern look and facilities.

Tye property was in an excellent location and the staff was super friendly. We even got a free room upgrade for our stay!!! Staff went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible.

I was traveling with my kiddos and we were going to be there...

I was traveling with my kiddos and we were going to be there for a few days. The queen suite was perfect because it gave the kids a little extra room to hang out, we had a table to play cards, and a little kitchenette area. The staff was really nice, professional, and accommodating. I didn’t mind paying for the valet service because I knew ahead of time, so I planned for that; and it really was very convenient!

The receptions were all helpful and awesome

Room rate sucked, the breakfast was not that good fruits were not fresh and selection was not up to par with a Hampton owned by Hilton

The receptions were all helpful and awesome

The price is high at times. I think valet parking should be a one time charge, if you're staying one day or three days. it really makes it hard to pay all the extra when you spent most of your money while staying in Columbus😅

The staff is amazing, Clifford puts a smile on my face every stay and James is an excellent person to get your visit started! Breakfast is the best☺

hot breakfast was very good and bed's were very...

the price (lol) and i'm used to having a microwave in room and there was no safe but don't think you need one anyways.

hot breakfast was very good and bed's were very comfortable the price was about double as to what i'm used to paying but it was in a good location and seemed to be for business meetings nothing wrong with that i just usually don't stay in places like this but i did not know the area and wanted a nice place to stay, staff was great and it's valet only which you can come and go as you want which they got are car rather quick,if i'm in columbus again i will stay here,just one more thing we did see a couple of homeless people asking for moneywhen we got there but they were not a problem.

The staff and facility are excellent, Perfect location for the convention center and restaurants.

The buzzer on the center elevator is loud and annoying throughout the night as are room was directly across from it.

The breakfast selections were great. As someone who has an egg allergy I was glad to see that I had many other options for breakfast as there usually are limited selections at most hotels. The coffe was very good! Perfect location to convention center, North Market, and Fluffy's Taco's - delicious.

Very nice overall. Loved my location. Close to breakfast. I will request that room next year !

Miss the makeup mirror...the rooms (I had a suite) are too dark. Rooms are very dry....heat was set too high...but I love that bed and I like the improved drawers in the cabinet under the TV

Love love love my hampton bed! Best bed ever!

Best hotel experience yet- will be back next year.

Bed was very comfortable, not. Tons of pillows. House keepers left extra blankets upon request. Staff was EXTRAORDINARILY friendly and helpful. Not ONE negative thing about thugs experience.

Nice rooms, great breakfast

Property is starting to look a little dated, although still very nice. Valet wait was long at checkout. Wish they had a self-park option.

Room was a good size. Complimentary breakfast was excellent and plentiful.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Breakfast was good
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Long brown hairs on my towels. Didn't notice until I dried off and had the hairs all over me. Also, had a staff member knock and walk into the room before I could say anything while I was in bed. That was at 11:10 am. Check-out at 12:00.

Breakfast was good

Walls are thin. I heard the room next to me snoring and people out side laughing loud

The night crew. Not friendly or helpful. I thought I was alien or something how they look at me. Not knowledgeable of the policy amount to hold on someone credit card

The morning and breakfast staf. Very polite and helpful. Very knowledgeable about the area.

Great stay, would do it again!

Only negative thing we ran into was the shower drain wouldn't stay open, tub kept filling up.

Nice rooms, great location in the city, helpful staff. The breakfast was great and there was a huge selection.

Fun and friendly.

The taxes! Holy moly. Really jacked up my cost and then add on the valet. Disappointing.

We were upgraded to a suite. Desk staff were helpful and fun. Great location.

A gem in Columbus

Was with 8 high school seniors on a Mystery Trip. They loved the pool and the breakfast. Also, liked the neighborhood. ALL the staff couldn't have been friendlier.

Hotel was nice -convenient -not sure I would stay here again though

The room was a little cold and when I went to turn the heat on , the heater smelled like something was burning -really bad smell- I quickly turned off the heat and turned on the fan to clear the smell- forgot to tell the desk before we left about the situation. Also, the breakfast was not good- sausage was bad -coffee not good- Also, pretty much forced to valet park as there was no close place to park- and when you get there the place to pull up to check in was not marked well or had much space- and now I have a light on in my car that I have never seen before on the dashboard-? as to whether valet parking caused it

Hotel was close to restaurants and the venue where we were going to see a concert

We would highly recommend this location, and hope to visit again!

Staff were pleasant and welcoming. Breakfast, included in price, offered a variety of foods, with something for everyone. Rooms were up to date, very clean, with comfy beds!

Professional staff, welcoming atmosphere, and beautiful rooms...you CANNOT go wrong at Hampton Inn!!

Nothing. I loved everything!

I arrived very early in the morning for my business meeting. From the moment I had my car valeted [which was the most convenient location of all the hotels I've stayed at in downtown Columbus-- easy to access, easy to find, and just short of the entrance on a non-busy street], to the time I checked in with the desk clerk, the staff was exceptionally delightful!! Smiles, kindness, and professionalism was a constant. I loved my stay at Hampton Inn! I may never stay elsewhere for my future business trips again.

Close to the convention center.

Initially charged full price for the room. Had to call and get the bill adjusted to the Booking.com price that was agreed upon. It is upsetting being charged around $200 extra and not having it reflect correctly on your card for a whole week! I understand paying for parking is a downtown issue, however one would think that the hotel would have it's own parking.

Close to the convention center. Great pool.

We had a wonderful time in Columbus and the Hampton Inn downtown was perfect for us!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Construction on the streets outside but that can't be helped.

Staff was exceptional. Centrally located for the variety of Columbus activities we were interested in: COSI, Columbus Zoo, Mapfre Soccer Stadium. Historic North Market is across the street and a gem not to be missed.

Beautiful hotel with great staff. No sleeping because lack of NO soundproofing.
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Don't expect to sleep if you stay here. The hotel is located right in the middle of many loud, loud bars. Lots of screaming, booming music and police sirens. We've slept better in a hotel on Duval Street on Key West. At least they had soundproofing!

The room was beautiful. The staff were great. The breakfast was really good and the area was spotless.

Happy, Clean, Excellent weekend.
    • King Room - Disability Access

Very nice hotel. Clifford was one of the nicest people we have had the opportunity to chat with in a long time. He makes your hotel a very happy friendly place to stay. We will stay here again.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Noisy area but nice hotel

Although the hotel was very good the area was noisy due to street maintenance and nightclub just front of the hotel which made it impossible to have a good sleep

Nice hotel and staff

Wonderful Hotel Stay in Columbus

At breakfast, more fresh fruit, and croissants would be nice. Also the ability to order food after 10am (if you wanted late night room service)

The staff were exceptional. Very friendly, personable and helpful. Especially Clifford, he would always welcome us with such a happy, positive, and warm spirit. The rooms were spacious, and beds comfortable. Breakfast room was self serve, and several options to choose from. Loved the location of the hotel, there was a nice street with shops & restaurants right around the corner. Only a 15 minute walk to the Huntington baseball park. Lots of restaurants and bars nearby too.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Great location but not sure its worth the price.

We paid 25.00 to park in the parking garage and planned to keep our car parked their the next day while our daughter played her Volleyball game across the street at the convention center. It was not until the next day that we were told we had to more our car because of the amount of people coming in. It would have been nice to know this the day before and we would have parked in a cheaper parking garage then.

Breakfast was GREAT! Lots of options and very good!

The hotel was in an amazing location.

The hotel was in an amazing location. Vallet parking was available and very reasonable $25 a day. We were able to check in and walk to a concert and out to dinner. We will definently be coming back to Columbus and will be staying here!

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

Great facility in an excellent locale!

All employees were remarkably friendly and helpful, the room was very large and clean, and the location is great. Within walking distance to all kinds of food, drinks, and stores. Overall our stay was excellent, and I'd highly recommend the Hampton to anyone looking for downtown lodging!

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

The front desk staff was excellent.

The front desk staff was excellent. ...assistance use with local history, places to go and maps....they are definitely an asset to this location....they deserve more $....

A wonderful weekend in Columbus.

Parking is a little steep at $25/night.

Everything about the hotel was great. We went to a concert at Nationwide Arena and we were able to walk there and to many shops and restaurants in the area. Travelling to surrounding areas was also very easy to do from the downtown location. Our room was great and the bed (and particularly the pillows) were very comfortable. The room fridge was very convenient. We discovered the North Market which was just down the street from the hotel. The North Market has wonderful items to purchase and reminded us of a mini version of the Strip in Pittsburgh. The staff was also very helpful.

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast.

My major complaint was that after having been gone from about 730 to 1 the room was not clean. I left again from about 330 to 11 and when I returned, there was a note on the floor saying that the staff didn't have time to clean it because of my do not disturb sign (which had been hung out while I was there from 1 to 3:30.) That seems like an awfully narrow window for housekeeping.

I enjoyed the complementary breakfast. Also the front desk staff were very helpful and very friendly. The location next to the fishmarket was an unexpected bonus.

Staff was very helpful and so attentive.

Decore in the rooms was not very appealing. Room was not very big.

Staff was very helpful and so attentive. They were eager to help and really made you feel welcome. Beds were great! Breakfast was awesome! Rooms had very nice bathrooms. Overall I would stay there again.

• Reviewed: 5 February 2017

There was a mix up with the price I was quoted from booking...

There was a mix up with the price I was quoted from booking and the price I was charged, it was double. In the end Hampton inn honored the price I was giving on booking.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Staff was wonderful!

Construction on Saturday morning on the room above us.

Staff was wonderful!!! I will stay here every time I'm in Columbus. Also so close to so many restaurants and bars--- and of course the north market!

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Excellent Stay Agaon

The location was perfect for our event, there are several restaurants & shops within walking distance & we felt safe in the area outside.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Went for a concert

Location great for Nationwide arena; staff friendly; room quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Wonderful stay in a beautiful hotel with the friendlieast and most helpful staff!

Not a thing I didn't like!

Beautiful hotel, exceptional staff that went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful, easy check in and out.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

very good location clean rooms friendly staff

very good location clean rooms friendly staff

Very nice hotel, great location.

Felt it ended up being more expensive than planned with the $25 a day parking fee.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

It was very inviting;
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Maid service was a little slow in getting to our room.

It was very inviting; the staff was very helpful. The location was great it met my needs.

The staff was very kind and accommodating.

The staff was very kind and accommodating. We were very thankful for all that was done for us.

location to the convention center.
    • Queen Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

more choices for people with allergies; gluten-free, ect;

location to the convention center.

The hotel was great. Good breakfast and clean

The property is priced extremely high

Location. Front desk staff was friendly.

Good for a short stay in Columbus

Pricey parking

Very nice staff, good location, typical but good breakfast, pretty lobby

The breakfast

The pool

The breakfast

Perfect

Everything was great. The people were wonderful

Cliff was awesome

everything was great

breakfast

Excellent location;

Excellent location; friendly staff.

Great location outstanding staff and room

Breakfast was not the standard compared to the other Hamptons we have stayed at

Check in was efficient. Staff friendly and welcoming

Highly exceeding my expectations. Would stay here again when the pens come back in town. :)

Lack of parking

The staff was super nice and accommodating. Plus, the comforter in the room was really pretty.

Very clean

Very clean

It was great!

There was a lot of noise in the hallways between 11pm and 7am, which woke me up a few times.

The breakfast options were fantastic!

Thank you for a wonderful experience.

Convenience to Arena. Beds were wonderful. Very Clean. Check in Check out was a breeze.

Very easy access to restaurants and the GCCC!

If you don't use the valet service, the parking is a little inconvenient.

Very easy access to restaurants and the GCCC!

I liked how hotel was within walking distance of Nationwide...

Parking is way to much money and location of hotel was not I a great spot.

I liked how hotel was within walking distance of Nationwide arena.

I will stay at your hotel again.

There was a mix-up regarding payment from our business at check-in. After that was settled, the stay went well.

Very nice breakfast selection

Clifford!
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clifford!! The breakfast buffet had something for everyone.

Loved how we could walk to Nationwide and then grab a bite...

Loved how we could walk to Nationwide and then grab a bite to eat after!!

Was concerned about a guest who checked out before me who...

Was concerned about a guest who checked out before me who said they killed a bed bug in their room.

Excellent we plan on returning soon

Clifford ! We love him he helped us with any and every question we had.

Friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel

Parking was expensive with high rates of the room

Friendly staff, cleanliness of the hotel

awesome

breakfast and the staff

For the cost of hotel, I was expecting better breakfast.

For the cost of hotel, I was expecting better breakfast.

It was very pleasant.

It would be nice if there was a bar at the facility!

The staff was very professional and polite. The location is great.

Did not care for the valet only parking or the cost to park...
    • King Study with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Did not care for the valet only parking or the cost to park at a hotel I was staying at. Also very very small pool, that was cold.

The hotel location is very convenient for the convention center, restaurants, & bars.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The exercise center could have more equipment.

The shower was spacious and clean, and the vanity was big enough for personal toiletries.