Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area 3 stars

4150 Stelzer Road, Gahanna, OH 43230, USA

#7 of 12 hotels in Gahanna

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

room was not cleaned well. Furniture was dusty and glass tables still had cup rings. Shower walls had soap scum. Looked like the room was tidied up but not "cleaned". The halls and elevator areas need better cleaning too.

The hotel and rooms are nicely decorated. Our room was spacious and comfortable.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

There was no lamp by the chair for reading and the lamp between the two beds didn't work. We have stayed there many times and this was first time had any times we were unhappy.

Traffic noise from busy street. Only one elevator was working, and it was very slow.

Good location. Comfy bed, clean room. Cookies and lemonade in the lobby. Great breakfast options. We'd definitely stay here again.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

There wasn't a refrigerator or microwave in the room. I thought for the price, and for Hampton Inn it would have both. The bathrooms were also a little dirty, nothing major but you can tell it was cleaned quickly. There was dirt in the corners of the floor and countertops.

The location was great and the staff was friendly. The rooms were very spacious.

Out of the 4 nights stay, my room was not properly cleaned for 2 days. After so called daily cleaning intervention by hotel team, I still found dirty towels in the floor, the bed poorly made, and the trash bins full of waste from the previous days.

Bed very comfortable; Hotel conveniently located near Easton shopping area and major highway (I-270); Breakfast and breakfast room of high quality.

The hot tub didn't work properly. The breakfast was good, but there were so many people that the girl working could have used some help. She did a really good job of trying to keep up with everything, but it was impossible given the numbers of people trying to eat.

Room was really clean and staff was very friendly.

There was nothing I didn't like.

I liked the location, that was the main reason I chose the hotel; it was close to everything I was visiting in Gahanna.

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Well I kept having to switch room I booked a room well try to another night and the lady said I'm new but the room will be av Available for u I at a note call back in the morning so I did and the said well ur room was giving away cause the lady was new and didn't booke right so this will be the 3td time I had to switch rooms so upsetting plus we have to move to a smaller room so upsetting

My cleaning maid tosha was the best

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

The check in time was 3:00pm, which I think is too late. Also I requested for early check in through booking.com, but the room wasn't ready and I had to wait at least 2 hours in lobby for the room, which I finally got around 3:30pm

No meat option for breakfast. We dont eat eggs, that was the main dish. The potatoes were great though

Everything was great at this hotel. Very clean, friendly staff and close to everything i wanted to do

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

The breakfast was excellent. It was hot and had a great variety of foods for the children. The staff was very friendly and the fitness center was wonderful.

The showers need a better head and the beds need a new mattress. But it is comfortable and still a good value.

Excellent location for shopping and restaurants. The staff made sure we had everything we needed. The rooms are being updated this year but they are comfortable. The newly renovated lounge/breakfast area was top notch as was the breakfast. To-go breakfast bags were available at the front desk. The fitness room had good equipment. I will return to the Hampton when I visit Columbus again.

• King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

I was gone all day at a conference and the cleaning service never came the first day I was there. There was a broken dresser in the room where the drawer would not stay shut (it was missing hardware).

Desk staff was VERY friendly. The location is EXCELLENT. It is right next to stores and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

All front desk personnel were friendly and helpful. We were greeted with a smile and everyone was very kind and considerate. Room was large and exceptionally clean. Bed was very comfortable and breakfast was fine. We would definitely recommend this property to all.

Having paid $US456.30 for accommodation to Booking.com for both myself & Doug Thompson on April 14th, I thought that was the full cost of the accommodation for each for Aug 15th to 18th. Surprised to see 2 amounts of $US79.86 on my Amex. Told by Hampton, Easton that it was tax. Thought that was included in the original payment. Kindly advise

The beds were the most uncomfortable that I have ever slept on. Two queen beds and with both of them you could feel the springs, not just a little bit either. . Reported this to the staff and nothing was done to fix the complaint. I will NEVER stay at this location again!

There was no refrigerator in the room. I called the desk about it & they brought one up for me. The person who brought it up said that they were about to start renovation of the hotel so the refrigerators had been removed from all of the rooms. You had to request one if you needed it. When I checked my credit card account, I was charged a separate $20. I assume this was for the refrigerator. The $20 was not on the statement given to me.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

Tub didn't drain well so you were standing in water.

Breakfast was very nic with lots of seating and plugs for devices. Food was in a separate room so people aren't blocking the seats or standing around you as you eat.

Pool area, should be thoroughly cleaned and better policy enforcement

Room, breakfast, staff were all great. The pool area was dirty, the floors and all around the edges of the pool were dirty. Children were wild and obnoxious at the pool with no adult supervision. I had to call the front desk to ask for some control which was taken care of promptly by the staff and much appreciated. They were told to leave. There were no towels available at the pool. I asked a staff/housekeeper for towels which were delivered courteously. I would recommend that guest checking in with large amounts of children be informed of your policy of supervision and horseplay at the pool.

I really expected more for $158 per night. I've stayed at Hampton before in other locations and they were very nice. The others I have stayed in had a refrigerator and microwave and were nicely decorated. This location seem a little outdated. Towels were poor quality, toilet paper was cheap and thin. For $158 per night I think they could step it up a little.

Breakfast was nice.

• King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff opened door around 10 am. Good thing the other lock was on.

Very nice room. Friendly atmosphere. Fairly quiet. Close to Easton mall, plenty restaurants, grocery store and public transportation.

The breakfast was wonderful, but more geared towards adults. I would like to see some kid options added to the breakfast, maybe mini pancakes, breakfast bars or regular scrambled eggs. But over all, it was a very nice and good breakfast.

Great hotel and room. Everything was sparkling. Everyone was friendly and helpful. Loved the fresh baked cookies, hot coffee, hot coco and tea offered throughout the day. Such a fun treat.

Staff, rooms, the entire stay was bad

Gave us the wrong room for one night, had to sleep three to a bed because all booked up, and acted like it was my fault or Booking.com. Never again

Can in later that night and no cookies were out. I was looking forward to it but I am sure they are not out all night.

When we got there the gentleman greeted us with a small and offered a cookie.

Checking in, the young lady was extremely rude. She wouldn't even give me a moment to give her my Hilton Honors reward membership number. Then complained when I came back a little later to get it added.

The location was wonderful for the weekend we had planned. The breakfast was extremely yummy!!! I loved the bed, very comfortable.

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was spacious and staff was friendly. The hotel was busy but still had a quiet's night sleep. Breakfast was great. One of our better hotel experiences!

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Bed is hard. Pool was full of screaming kids, parents not controlling them Dirty baby diapers at pool side. Small children in hot tub. No place for an adult to relax. No towels. Key card did not work to enter pool

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Seemed under staffed - long check in lines. Had to call for pool towels on 3 seperate occasions.

Staff's customer service. Pool water comfortable with low chlorine gas - comfortable to be in the pool and sitting alongside.

• Reviewed: 15 February 2017

I booked a room that was supposed to have a kitchenette, and there was nothing. When I asked about it the lady at the front desk said the website doesn't tell the truth all of the time. (Strange) also when we arrived we asked about the pool because we had some downtime that day to swim, and she said it was closed. The next morning we walked to our car and saw people swimming. (Strange again)

The bed was very comfy and the shuttle driver was awesome!!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

Thought there was going to be a fridge and microwave in the room. Was told that is only in the suites. Room was smaller than what we thought it would be.

The bed was very heaven like! Very quiet in the rooms, didn't hear much noise outside the room. Breakfast was ok... could have had a lot more meat.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Some food was ok, some was not. I do not like fake eggs and all hotels seem to use them. Coffee was good, very good!!

Staff were all very friendly. Rooms were clean and comfy!

The room had a few things that could be fixed. There was a huge wedding party and guests staying that night so the volume level was quite loud but overal understandable considering the amount of people.

The staff was overall friendly and our room was clean.

• King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Only one towel in the room. When I booked over a month a go for two people. Also we called a day early and requested early check in. After getting through all the automated stuff we were put on hold. Finally we were given 1 hour early check in. It didn't help at all and we wasted 20 minutes on the phone. Very very disappointing.

Location. And breakfast staff was very personal and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We did not receive housekeeping service one day. When I went to the front desk to get some supplies for the next morning it was a bit of a production. The desk person found some things and asked someone else to bring us what he could find. When he asked if housekeeping was still on site, the response was "they're there but they don't want to move."

We love the suite rooms - spacious rooms with a sitting area and "kitchenette" area. The location is great. Parking is plentiful.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2016

The breakfast could have been a little better. A lot of stuff was offered but the eggs for example had no flavor at all.

Beds are super comfortable and staff is very friendly, especially the shuttle drivers!!

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

The night I arrived it was 64 degrees in the room. When I called the front desk they told me it could take up to 30 minutes for the room to heat up. We went straight to bed. The room never got about 64. It was freezing and miserable. If my 6 year old had not been bundled up asleep I would have asked to be moved. I was told the next morning that my room would be reimbursed but it has not yet.

I stayed there last year and it is always clean and staff nice.

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Nothing at all!

The room was so comfortable, which includes the bed. Temperature was perfect upon arrival. Two couples went to shop and we took a shuttle to Easton. Shuttle driver dropped us wherever we wanted to go!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

Hot tub wasn't working, breakfast wasn't great, check out was at noon and housekeeping was trying to get in before 9:30... I noticed as I was walking to get coffee house keeping was trying to get into people's rooms who haven't checked out yet. I could tell people weren't happy about it

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

• King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

2 out of 5 ice machines were non-functioning b/c of broken parts...had to always go to different floor to get ice. Temp control was not explained to us so 1st night was rather cold...we figured out the temp control ourselves for following night.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Front desk not very friendly Room had sticky stains in bathroom Slow elevators

breakfast hours are accommodating, hot coffee, friendly housekeeping and breakfast staff. Wifi was easy to connect too. Fitness room was great- had a nice selection of equipment and even some decently-heavy free weights, which is rare in hotel gyms! Plenty of parking. Others seemed to love the fresh-baked cookies!

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The refrigerator and microwave didn't work. There was dirty wash clothes left in my room. Check in was at 3 I got there at 5:15 and my room was still not available in had to wait another 30min before I could get into my room.

The pillows where amazing and the bed as well.

Realistically, i would like to actually be on the Easton Town Center. It sounds walk able in description but major roads mean it really is not, or at least not easily done. Shuttle helped but not as convenient as hotels that are right on the town center.

Shuttle to and from airport and from Easton Town Center was nice and efficient. Even let me order carryout, took me over and waited. it is close to the highway so easy for friends to pick up and go to the Ohio State game which was why i was there.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

The elevator had a malfunction on one of my trips down from the fifth floor. It started down and quit the gentleman in the elevator pushed to help button and the elevator began again. This was a first for me.

Easy access from the freeway, location to local shopping.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

The people I met for the check out refused to establish an invoice. This problem has been forwarded to Booking.com for action. It was for business and cannot continue using this service without proof of payment. I will see

Good location for my business trip. Warm welcome from the staff.

• Reviewed: 2 September 2016

Cleanliness could have been better. Hallways did not appear to be swept and they were very warm.

Location was good. Rooms were quiet and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

EVERY HAMPTON INN WE'VE STAYED IN THE PAST HAD A MICROWAVE & FRIDGE. WE COUNTED ON THIS DUE TO MY WIFE'S HEALTH PROBLEMS THIS ONE DID NOT. WHEN ASKED WE WERE TOLD WE WOULD HAVE TO UPGRADE TO SUITE. NEVER HAVE WE HAD THIS PROBLEM WITH THE HILTON HOTELS.

tHE BEDS ARE DEVINE. THE BREAKFAST IS A PLUS. HAMPTON HAS ALWAY BEEN OUR CHOICE WHEN TRAVELING.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

The staff was very friendly and helpful. We needed a frig to put put milk in for our youngest child and within 10 minutes they brought one up. Also my family loved the pool and hot tub!!

• Reviewed: 14 August 2016

Pool was closed for maintenance- one of the reasons we chose this hotel. Mold in shower. Staff less than helpful ( when asked if they had cribs for use, I was told " I don't know"). First room didn't have air conditioning but we were moved to a new one.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Service was rather under par. The breakfast was lacking with the juices not available. This is critical for someone like me who has strict dietary restrictions to not even have access to basic "accommodations". Service was also lacking formal investigation pleasantries. "How was your stay?" "Your room is located ..." None of that. I will not be staying here again as I was not "satisfied" with my stay and not even offered an opportunity to address my grievance with anyone despite their pretty sign on the desk indicating other wise. I'll take my business to the Westin since the difference in service is dramatic compared to the extra 25 dollars or so. For what I got, I should have just stayed at the Red Rood Inn or motel 6. First and last experience with Hilton Hotels.

Clean I guess.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Sofa bed and chair in our room were very shabby, cording shredded. They need to be replaced. Tub and shower are old compared to other Hampton Inns we have visited. Cost of American Girl Doll Experience is too high. You do not have to charge that much for just a doll bed. Milk and cookies are available anyway and microwave popcorn does not constitute that much of an increase. It was nice for my granddaughter, but I could probably have purchased the doll bed for less money.

Convenience of location

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Overpriced, bathrooms not clean, AC not working, coffee in the room was horrible, booking online at booking.com did not allow us to get the American Girl Package, the movie times for AG were off about 30-40 minutes

Chuck and Tim, maintenance guys were extremely helpful. The staff was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No Hot chocolate available. .my kids love hot chocolate and provide more than one waffle maker..we had to wait quite a while for waffles..around 10 mins

Mattress were comfy..

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

Juice at free breakfast was flat both days.

Very clean, nice staff! Comfortable and close to great shopping and restaurants. Safe part of town. Great work trip hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 June 2016

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Had to change rooms 2 times because the first 2 rooms smelled musty & like cigarettes. The 3rd room smelled fine & was nice.

Room waa quiet. Breafast was wonderful.

Very convenient, it was so close to everything, expressways restaurants shopping.

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room needed updating and a good cleaning in the bathroom.

The room was spacious

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The fire alarm waking us up. The hot tub was dirty.

Food

The proximity

• Queen Studio Suite with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Better beds,cleaner floors, better customer service and vending machines

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clean staff quickly accommodate our request for extra towels and blankets

On my way out one of the kitchen mgrs helped me with my suitcase my to my car. Very nice.

How nice staff was

The jets in hot tub didn't work

Bedding and bed were very comfrotable

Comfortable, but room had fire alarm light flashing over the bed.

Convenient to Easton Mall, Breakfast was included.

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staying there more than the cleanliness seems to gotten worse but overall still good

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Uncomfortable mattress and pillows, trouble adjusting temperature

Set up of room

Got the wrong room

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

Noisy room by elevator. Beds were not comfortable poor water pressure wall paper torn in bathroom no refigirator in room

Staff was rude, very noisy, staff allowed kids to be out of control

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That the place was clean , and the days we came it was quiet!

Breakfast should have healthier options. The fruit salad wasn’t fresh

• King Room with Batch Tub - Mobility Accessible/Non-Smoking

I was charged 4 times for the 1 night stay by the hotel.

Hotel staff we’re especially friendly and helpful.

Found pubic hair in my bed

close to mall

N/a

Miss Patricia what a lovely person .

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus-Easton Area traveller photo gallery