Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Columbus Polaris 3 stars

8411 Pulsar Place, Columbus, OH 43240, USA

#8 of 98 hotels in Columbus

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Smoking

The pool could have been warmer & on fri & sat night had some people slamming doors late in the night and talking loudly but we didn’t let it ruin our stay here cause the hotel was amazing 😁

Love the breakfast area a lot of hotels don’t have that big of seating area as well as plenty of great choices of food to choose from. Staff was extremely nice love there friendliness & always smiling wish more places and stores were as good as the staff here cause that’s important to my family. The hot tub at the pool was great & the pool to.Love the king suite room best room ever it was huge compare to small cramp rooms at other hotels we stay at when you have kids with you it made a big difference so everyone had space not cramp together. As well as the little extra counter like little small kitchen was a favorite to prepare sandwiches or stuff in mirocwave & store snacks. Love the elevator to so didn’t have to take stairs when you have a family memeber that can’t hardly walk up & down stairs. The location was perfect close to zoo & Kroger’s & many other places. Love the rooms being where you almost didn’t hear anything from other people would stay here again in a heart beat we love it and was sad to leave it was that great of a stay 😍

I had little to no Internet service in my room even when I was connected to WiFi. For me this was only a slight annoyance, but could be a huge issue for some.

Breakfast was good. Much more variety than most hotels.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The Polaris area can be a maze and it can be confusing how to get someplace.

Breakfast was good; scrambled eggs, sausage patties and waffles were good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was ants all around the hot tub. The tables at the pool we're not clean. There was the same dried up food in the pool tables for 2 days

The staff was very nice. The room was clean. The breakfast was fresh.

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The pillows were a little soft, but that's a personal preference. The breakfast was pretty much the same from day to day, but again it's a hotel not a restaurant. There still was plenty to choose from. We would definitely stay there again. Getting into the hotel is a little difficult given the setup of the roads. We had to do a lot of u-turns to get in and out.

Very spacious room. I love the fact that I had counter space for food. The breakfast area was nice as well as the hot tub as we went down after hours when there are no kids. Exercise room was clean. The staff was always friendly. Nice unexpected perks here and there

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be served until 11 for those late sleepers!!!!! And when we did go to leave which was an hour post breakfast hour, the area was very messy. Food on floors and tables; coffee area very messy with dirty napkins, etc......No one around even close to cleaning up. Being that this area is seen on entrance to hotel, I would think this would be priority. Also, the heat did not control in our room. It stayed hot no matter what and by morning we had it set on 65 and it was still very warm.

Fireplace very welcoming on a cold day and the coffee in the lobby area was excellent!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

The breakfasts were just ok.

The property appeared clean and well maintained. The staff was accommodating but not necessarily friendly until we asked for help.

The breakfast buffet . Didn’t have much to offer . They didn’t even have bacon

I enjoyed the room itself ! I had a king suite with a smoke room . It was nicely spaced out. Bigger than I thought it would be . Room was nice and clean and the jacuzzi down stairs is amazing !!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't a shuttle from the airport.

I was in this area for a conference at the Quest center a short walk away. Breakfast was decent with different options daily. They had a nice sitting area for gathering with new conference friends!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room sounded like a jumbo jet was taking off every 15 minutes because of the rooms a/c unit. It was sad to have paid to sleep in such a room with that noise. When leaving the Hampton and telling the front desk, they was very unconcerned. The response was "wish there was something I was able to do". It was one of the most expensive cups of coffee I ever had as it WAS good.

The coffee was delicious.

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

The beds were so comfy. Best sleep Iv got in a while. The staff was so nice and acomidating. They recommended places to shop and eat. Such a big help.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pillows were too much. Breakfast had a lot of desserts/carb laden foods. Keto friendly breakfast would be much healthier. But otherwise, the hotel stay was perfect.

Gym was good.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Breakfast was sub-par. The eggs were terrible, orange juice watery and only skim milk left. The only things edible were the waffles and blueberry muffins. The only room left was a smoking room. The smoke smell was unbearable. Even after we had the room sprayed with freshener it was overwhelming. I found out when I checked in that I could have gotten a discounted price due to being an MEA member but they couldn't help me due to booking through booking.com. I asked the representative at booking.com about discounts and mentioned MEA and was told there was nothing. This hotel was very expensive and that could have helped. I do not plan to use your services again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This isn't applicable to us. We loved this place.

The staff was amazing. Our baby got the stomach flu while we were there. 5 of us in a room with 3 being kids and 2 of them under 3 it was miserable.. until the staff found out! They changed all our bedding, helped us wash all the stuff she threw up on (clothes, my toddler's blanket, etc) and cleaned up a huge mess she left when she started throwing up at breakfast. This was all done with a smile and never did we feel like a burden. I couldn't be happier with this place and we WILL be back.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

We really enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff were amazing and attentive, from the moment we arrived late in the night, offering extra bottles of water. We couldn't have been more pleased with the extra space in our room for our family of six. We would have loved to stay longer, but this was one of our stops along the way to visit family on the east coast. The breakfast was delicious and Tara made our day by chatting with us and making goody bags for our two youngest children to take with them. Thanks again for a job well done! We would love to come back and stay again!

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Navigating the entrance to the entrance. Hotel was not off main road. If you came in one way you had to drive around to find the entrance you could pull into

Room was very large. Location was excellent. Hotel was clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The rooms were exceptionally clean. Sanitizer wipe for remote control and phone smart idea. And an actual soapdish for the soap in the restroomn. The overall attention to detail.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our room had some minor Cleanliness issues. There were a couple dirty paper towels that we're there upon arrival a.d were there when we left. There were some pretty large stains on the bed skirt. (Didn't make a deal of it because it was the skirt) those are both very minor and did not make the trip bad or anything. It is a great facility.

The staff was very polite and helpful. The rooms are large and comfortable, the 4 of us had plenty of room. Free breakfast was very good, with a large selection.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled bad. Had to spend a night after cancer surgery and smell in room was weird. Had to buy a candle. Have never smelled the smell in other Hamptons. Breakfast was bad not for people who don't eat meat. Very disappointing. Had to buy breakfast!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only thing notable was the rim around the top of the pool could use a cleaning especially by the three step in/out of the pool.

How wonderful your continental breakfast was , fresh fruit was awesome. Great variety of things to eat--if anyone walked away hungry I'd be shocked.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2016

The heating system in the room was very loud. I turned it out. I can't blame the hotel but booking.com messed up the pricing for my stay and never responded to my emails.

Close to conference venue

• Reviewed: 15 October 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Hotel is a little hard to find. The signage is not good.

Located in Westerville on the east side of I71 so it's a pretty good choice if you need to be near St.Ann's Mt. Carmel health complex.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

Booked.com

Jess was very helpful! I reserved our room under a national clearinghouse. Due to an unforeseen circumstance, I needed to modify our itinerary. The clearinghouse made it extremely difficult to modify our reservation. I called the property 3 times trying to explain the situation, including the delay of 24-48 hours to respond to my timely request to change our plan. Jess listened to the issue at hand and took the time to contact the clearinghouse to determine my options. Not only did she attempt to rectify the situation, she also contacted me as a follow up. Thanks to Jess' wonderful customer service,we will be repeat customers! I give Jess a "10 out of 10" for her time, effort and outstanding customer service!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The maid one day did nothing, but change the towels. The room wasn't really cleaned.

The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were very quiet.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

Air conditioning was bothersome. The room was either too cold or too hot. The air conditioner was so loud when on that it interrupted our sleep.

The room was clean but a bit dated. I did appreciate the USB charging ports.

• Reviewed: 17 August 2016

While the bathroom was modern, the shower really needed updated. Would have been nice to have a mini fridge too.

Staff was friendly. Location convenient. Free parking, free breakfast, and they had a pool.

• Reviewed: 12 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was clean & quiet. The pool was open late & breakfast was good. My niece & nephew enjoyed the pool. Next time I'm in Columbus, I'm staying here.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Loved the staff and the rooms were excellent. The girls at the front desk were very friendly and funny. One of the girls even knew some local fishing spots we could go to.

• Reviewed: 18 July 2016

Can't think of anything.

The room was very clean. A good spread for breakfast. I forgot to bring a couple personal items and they provided me with complimentary travel sized items. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Worst bed I have ever slept on. Got almost no rest at all, the bed was so terribly uncomfortable.

Nice overall rooms, plenty of parking, very convenient to the interstate.

• Reviewed: 12 July 2016

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

One elevator was not working in the morning when everyone was going to breakfast, checking out, moving all luggage, but patience paid off. Everyone was cool. Nothing else wrong, all was fine.

Nice people that helped me get checked in on my later than expected arrival...the whole time there went smoothly

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Big room, front desk attendants were very accommodating- check in was a breeze. The price was very reasonable - overall a very pleasant place to stay. If your plan is to shop at the mall then go here. If you want to be more near campus head to downtown!

No thing

Location and cleanness

Safe and secure....very comfortable

Breakfast. Location. Friendly. Nice place

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The coffe wasn’t great in the packets.

Everyone was professional, accommodating and curteous

CLEAN !!! good beds...quiet room ... pleasant staff... a perfect 10

A bit outdated

Big room comfortable beefs

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The chair in my room was so covered with stains that I didn’t want to touch it. The nightly price was a bit steep

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish the was Turkey options for breakfast. And microwave in room

Clean

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff at the front desk were rude and unaccommodating and made my family and I feel uncomfortable.

The facility is so clean and very welcoming!

Warm and inviting lobby. Very quiet room

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not the most updated or modern hotel but good for the price

Great location, good breakfast, very comfortable beds and nice staff.

Had no complaint

Good selection of foods for breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Upon arrival the front desk person was just kind of there and after a 6 hour long car ride a hello, how you doing would have been nice.

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

excellent room, very comfortable bed

Great Location

• Queen Room with Bath Tub - Mobility Accessible - Non-Smoking

It needs to be renovated. It was the most dated Hampton I have stayed in awhile.

The location is good.

Nothing to complain about.

Hotel was comfortable, clean and quiet.

Everything was perfect

I loves the breakfast,pool and the bed was like a cloud

Air conditioning in the room -- difficult to sleep with it blowing on you. I moved the desk chair over to block the airflow.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small swimming area.So many people trying to get it.Made the experience akward.

The breakfast was nice.Some of the food tasted strange.

Linda was Awesome.

Cleanliness, breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking, seemed like every space was full and we couldn't find a space when we came back at night.

Very comfortable, and clean!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress was the worst I've ever slept on. I let the front desk know upon checkout and he removed all charges for our room.

Clean.

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

Good breakfast. Convenient eats.

I had no complaints.

Near my event. Close to restaurants.

Everything!

Breakfast was great

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Some staff weren't 100% helpful but all were very friendly.

Location, Breakfast, Facilities

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

We were a bit over crowded with soccer team guests​ in hot tub. But the facility was great!

Comfortable bed, well kept and clean room, great breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was alright. Would have liked more choices

Beds were soft and the room was very clean.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Comfort of bed and overall cleanliness

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was nice. The kids loved the pool. The breakfast was great. The staff very pleasant

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Smoking

Most relaxing getaway with my kids ever!!!@

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Pool area dirty (aunts (

Could have better breakfast

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

• King Studio - Non-Smoking

the description matched the truth in a good way

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

• King Studio Suite with Sofa Bed - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom door hits the toilet...

Big room. A nice seating area and spacious

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very comfortable and clean. We really enjoyed the pool and hot tub area too.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

The breakfast could have been better but was ok, probably could have done without it

The room & bed was amazing!! The breakfast was so-so

• Reviewed: 18 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were amazing!! Breakfast was great..Staff awesome.