Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Arlington-South 3 stars

1100 East I-20, Arlington, TX 76018, USA

#20 of 56 hotels in Arlington

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our only issue was having enough hot water in the morning. I would suggest getting up earlier or bathing the might before as everyone must have been using the shower at once! My poor 7yo had to deal with the water going cold. Other than that we had no other complaints.

The location was great and right off of I-20 and easy access to get on and off to area attractions. The Arlington Mall is nearby and many nice shops and restaurants near there to choose. Traders Village is less than a mile away for weekend bargain hunters. We had a king studio suite and it was plenty of room for our family of 4. The kids said the sleeper sofa was very comfortable and didn't have the annoying bar poking your back. Hotel breakfast was decent for hotel breakfasts, waffles, eggs sausage links, juice and coffee. Great for families needing a quick breakfast before heading out to explore. Would stay here again!

We had several issues with our room: broken toilet, and a room door that didn't lock, those things aren't very comforting when you arrive and try to get settled. The walls also seemed extremely thin, you could hear other peoples conversations through the doors when walking through the hall.

The staff was very prompt to resolve issues with our room. It was a good amount of space for the value we paid, and it's always nice to have a complimentary breakfast. It was a nice experience in the lobby, and in the elevators.

The tile in the bathroom in the room we stayed in was missing majority of the grout. The tiles themselves would move up and down.

Breakfast was very good. The staff was friendly.

The pricing and the no cancellation is unforgiveable!

Booking .com caused a lot of problems for us .. Found out we could have paid a lot less especially when there was a no cancellation policy .. never again will we book with Booking.com

Our room was spacious and clean. The layout in the bathroom was one of the best. It could use hand towel hangers near the sink to be more helpful. All workers were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was super, lots of variety and it had all our special eats.

Excellent location to our family. It was an easy drive to. The entry into it does need better markings especially at night, it is hard to see.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable and small, noise from renovation workers, water running out of light fixture in bathroom from upstairs room above us left water running and flooded I guess? Water came in our room below.. air conditioner would not stay going kept turning off even set at 62 - 63 degrees, it would get stuffy at night. No exhaust fan in rest room. So steam from shower heats up room, and anyone using the bathroom ( well ) I can bet you understand where I’m going with this.. moved to 4th floor last day of stay when a room became available, that room was renovated I guess BUT toilet leaked around the base at floor and water would be all over bathroom!!!! And we never even was offered a discount or anything !!! Except was told thank you for reporting everything and not being upset about it..

The staff!

Not a lot of places to put your shower stuff - tile work on the floor was not good to say the least and my credit card got charged twice even though I specifically asked if it was separated between us and our friends room before I left. The receipt showed no $ amount to make sure either and I mentioned that as well. Didn't get a straight answer.

The hot breakfast was good and the desk was friendly

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping seemed a little unorganized. It took hours before they came to refresh our room. The breakfast crew was rude. One front desk lady could have been a little more friendly.

Overall this hotel was great! Was in a good location with nearby restaurants. The front desk staff, Amber, Pam and Mary were so wonderful and friendly! The first night we had loud neighbors upstairs and they moved us with no problem. Breakfast was good as well but the breakfast crew were a little rude. They recommend a 3rd party shuttle for transportation that was absolutely amazing no problem at all getting to and from AT&T Stadium! Overall i would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again. Thank you for the wonderful stay.

Melissa at the front desk was exceptional - caring, kind and helpful. I accidentally left a notebook with important papers in the room and didn't discover it missing until 6 hours after we checked out. We went back - the notebook was there - a special thank you to Teresa A., the honest housekeeper and to Melissa. We decided to stay 2 more nights.

The room keys to one of the outside doors did not work. We had to walk around the building each night we came in.

Mrs. Mary, who works at the front desk was a great host. She made our stay a pleasure.

Booking.com stated pay at the property and confirmed a rate in Canadian dollars. When we arrived, we were told booking.com handled payments. When we returned home, the amount charged to credit card was higher than confirmed booking.com rate. Better communication is needed between website and hotel. No one replied to several attempts to fix this situation. Very unprofessional.

The gal at the front desk when we checked in was amazing. Professional, helpful, friendly, courteous throughout our whole stay.

• Family Suite

Reviews said there was plenty of stuff to do around but we found ourselves paying for $60 + uber rides each way each day to get to places. Our toilet had to be "fixed " 3 times and the whole stay it would make a water running sound around every 10 minutes. Really loud and it was hard to sleep thru just very annoying. Also we got a key to a room that was in use when we first checked in, very awkward to walk in to somebody elses room.

When we checked out the General Manager listen to our issues we had during our stay and immediately wanted to make things right.

Checked in after 6:00 pm. you have only 7 parking spaces in front so I had to park in the rear. You have a rear entrance but you have to have a key to enter after 6:00 pm. It was raining and had to walk all the way around the building in the rain when there is a door in the rear. Consider locking back door at 9:00. By then most all guests are checked in.

We had problems with the staff at check in. Didn't accommodate a request that had already been approved. Bad attitudes and disrespectful.

The size and detail of the rooms.

Room was tired. Stain on carpet, marks on wall, toilet seat broken. No towels or water cups in the very mediocre fitness room. Staff seemed pretty clueless. Not worth the over $100 cost per room, I'm sitting in a room in another hotel for half the price tonight that is nicer.

Good breakfast. Quiet.

Being from Texas, we are used to ceiling fans in the room. That would have been nice, but we were comfortable.

Room was comfortable and quiet. Did not walk anywhere or need to go anywhere so cannot answer that question.

• Reviewed: 20 August 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast. Selection poor. Staffing poor. Cleanliness poor. Both mornings poor Much inferior to other Hampton stays

Room was clean, comfortable and quiet

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I needed ice and the ice machines were broken on all floors except the 1st. I stayed on the 4th floor. I also didn't like the fact that it wasn't a jacuzzi by the pool. Although it's hot in Texas, it should have one for those who just want to relax after a long day. You should considered getting one. Also, it should be a time frame for kids under the age of 18. Adults only after a certain time. Nothing against kids, but they were screaming and jumping in the pool the entire 2 hours I was in there. Unfortunately, their parents didn't tell them to stop running and screaming.

The facility was clean and staff were excellent. Everybody was so friendly.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't get to check in at 3 and the front desk clerk want nasty but age want really nice about it and i didn't receive an explanation as to why and during my stay I had issues with the toilet but maintenance came and fixed it very quickly!

The room was clean and yes the bed was really comfy...bathroom was very clean as well...m

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Overall maintenance and cleanliness of our room was an issue. Toilet handle loose & flush flapper repeatedly stuck-therefore noisy toilet, wasting water. Grout missing in many of bathroom floor tiles. Bathtub had not been installed with grout bed underneath, was therefore wobbly and squeaky while showering. Bathroom door improperly hung (not plumb), would not hold position without a doorstop. Room metal door frame had 1/2" gap at upper corner, slammed quickly, hard, and loudly. Room rugs were stained in several places, and left a dirty film on bottom of our feet. Very noisy...no sound insultion apparent on interior walls adjacent to hallway...could easily hear conversations of hallway passers-by and residents across the hall. Like an older apartment building. TV channel selection system really poorly designed and inconvenient to search for channels. Overall, looks like low-bid, cheap,fast construction by amateur crews. Not impressed.

Fast, friendly check in. Helpful staff. Relatively convenient location.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Not clean, security deposit required, breakfast was under cooked, room wasn't clean, trouble with unruly other guest.

Location near highway and shopping.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff was not prepared for the volume at breakfast. They ran out of plates, and it was there was no seating available in the common area to eat. There was also no hot water the first morning of our stay. That was very disappointing. It would be nice if all of the doors did not slam every time they closed. It made sleeping past 5:30 very difficult as our room was on the first floor near the hotel laundry and staff areas.

The king suite with pull out couch was perfect for the two of us and our son.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds uncomfortable. Breakfast was horrible. Cost was to much for what we got. Stayed at other Hamptons that were great, not this one.

Bathroom was ok.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Although I paid for two rooms we were booked in two separate transactions and not one invoice. One room was for my wife and I and the other room was for my mom, who we were taking her to Dallas for medical reasons.

Practically everything, especially the staff accommodations during breakfast. They were very kind, although we were a bit late getting there.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

The breakfast was not as good as last time I was there. Food was basically cold. Sara Lee rolls had been frozen and were hard and not totally thawed. Potatoes were undercooked. There is no where to sit in the room to read except in the desk chair; room needs at least one comfortable chair.

Most of the staff was friendly but the two staff people at check in were having an inappropriate discussion between themselves.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fan in bathroom, steam covered mirror, next person had to wait to use.

Very clean and quiet even though our room was next to the elevators, still very quiet. Was not looking for a place with all the frills just clean and quiet, this place fit the bill.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

Everything! Super friendly staff. I accidentally left a $55 shirt in the room, and realized it quickly. I called and they were able to locate my shirt and save it for me to pick up a few days later. Thank you!!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Headboard of bed was missing a chunk, ottoman at foot of bed was torn in numerous places, wall was dirty, carpet wasn't very clean

Location, staff was nice

I didn't like the pillows. They were entirely too soft and I definitely woke up with a sore neck. It seems that a hotel that has pillows that are used that much would possibly have some that are a little more firm that can hold up longer.

I loved the amount of space we had in our room! I also loved the shampoo.

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Getting ignored at the front desk through 8 other customers even though I was a the desk first. Having a pubic hair in my bed!! Having a dead bug in my bed!! Asking for a new duvet and getting one that was too small and was STILL DIRTY!! Asking for another duvet and only getting the cover and not the insert. Going down to talk to the front desk clerk about it and getting a laughter response. Being locked out of my goon a day early for some unknown reason which made me have to go back down to the front desk late at night after just barely making it the first time due to lupus flare up pain inflicted on my body because of the stress of your hotel's horrible service!! That's what lupus does!! Any stress interalizes it on the body!! And my GOD...for some reason, that particular stay was a nightmare!! I usually love staying at various locations in different states, but this stay just CRASHED and they even told me twice that they couldn't do anything to make it up to me!!! OMG!! What horrible customer service especially for that Debra gal!! I could have slapped her when she laughed at me and then when she told me I was lying about her doing what she did!! Oh, by the way, I also tried three times to discuss this with the manager but over the 5 1/2 days I was there, she was no where to be found.

Location and history that I've had with this hotel. Just NOOOOOT THIS EXPERIENCE!!

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

Arrived at 3:45. Room was not ready I told her check in was 3 I told her had already had enough being on the road and she told us to go on to the game and come back later, room would be ready. Not sure what game she was talking about. I followed the rules why would I be told to leave. She was giving water bottles to other and I asked her if I could get one she said only for reward members. I figured since room not ready and everything I guess she would be nice enough to give us water. She said short on housekeepers but when we finally got upstairs there were three housekeepers in the hallway chatting away.

No eggs🙃. Bed good

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Extra Towels in the bathroom and the sheets and blanket in the closet smelled like they hadn't been washed in a long time. They smelled and felt dusty. Also behind the mattress was filthy and very very dusty. I check behind the mattress for bugs, etc. looks like they haven't cleaned behind there in probably a year Also the room doors slam really hard and startle you.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Booking.com has a total disconnect with the hotels they are booking. I had a hold put on my credit card for the full price of the booking., however, at the end of my stay, I was billed again for the full price and the holds on my accounts,($890) was not released. So, as of today, 3 business days later, I am waiting for my money. Booking.com blames this on the hotel, Hampton Inn South Arlington TX, and the hotel blames it on booking.com. Both think that this is a normal practice, yet who in this world believe that? And, who could budget a trip that's double billed? I haven't added the worst. I was also charged $280 for incidentals because all my friends rooms were on my card. To conclude, I booked two rooms for 3 days for a total of $629., my total charges on my debit cards were $1328. Nobody I spoke to will guarantee that I'll get that full amount of difference back. I will never book with you again.

Rooms, breakfast

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Eggs were bland rest of breakfast was good

debra at the front desk was super friendly.! Debra worked a double til 11 pm then was back first thing on the morning and was as nice in the morning as she was the previous evening. She should be commended

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Due to construction, the type of room we had requested, two queen beds, our room had a one king size bed. We did receive a break in pricing which I am thankful for, but comfort was lacking.

Hot breakfast

• Reviewed: 3 August 2016

The pillows and mattress weren't very comfortable. Our floor had a constant wet spot. The maids never fully cleaned our room. From a Hilton property I expected way more.

Location and the room was a nice size. The breakfast was decent. It's in a convenient location. The pool was nice.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness and repair/maintenance work needing to be done (e.g. no place to put pool towels so they were scattered all over the pool area, and there were loose tiles on the floor in the elevators).

Great pool, wide variety of breakfast offerings, good prices, helpful/friendly front desk crew.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

The noise outside - young kids were up partying (and loud) late at night. It went on for more than an hour so very hard to sleep

The room was cozy and the bed was so comfy!!!

• Reviewed: 10 July 2016

I he a problem in sleeping. I usually sleep well in the Hilton and omni hotels. I asked for the third floor because I didn't want to hear people's footsteps, and they gave me the second floor and I heard the footsteps.

I like the staff.

• Reviewed: 5 July 2016

Shower pressure was very low. Pillows were too soft. Breakfast was not up to the standard set by the rest of the hotel's amenities.

Front desk clerk was very friendly and efficient. Great check in experience. Room A/C was great. Good and cold! Room was clean. Hotel was quiet.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Got to breakfast about 40 minutes before it shut down at 10am. Food items were getting low, sausage links were dried out and hard. Got one cup of coffee before it was gone and was not refilled before we finished breakfast. So got only one cup of coffee. Problems were apparently due to too any people trying to eat at same time. Other than that, hotel was good. Great location near Globe Life Park. Hampton Inn hotels are a last choice for us...prefer Hilton Garden Inns or Hilton hotels. My bank debit card still has not been charged for our stay.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The TV kept losing signal. Doors were a bit loud.

Bed was great and the room was huge. Pillows could be better but everything was really good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The eggs with bacon, I don’t eat pork, I wish the made some without pork.

The oatmeal were good.

Great hospitality friendly staff needed more pillows

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Tape holding the air conditioner together

We ask staff to help with phone They responded with in minutes

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No breakfast items were available when I went to eat.

Location🤙🏻 Parking👌🏼 Food🤭

Air conditioning wasn't very good

Good breakfast

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

That they held so much money that we had to alter our plans of what we budget to do. No indoor pool.

I don't know didn't have issues with anything. Guess it was good enough for us.

Parking big enough for Trucks. Easy access from interstate.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Need better lighting in bathroom

Bed was not comfortable

Nothing!!

Bed was very comfy and breakfast was great, and we were right down the street from our destination!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like the tv service wish it was more updated

The bed was comfortable and very warm

Location was great for the price and to get to ATT Stadium for Cotton Bowl

That there is no gift shop

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping did not clean properly toilets still dirty. After she came in and cleaned

Overall nice Hotel

Friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

people in lounge were loud when trying to sleep

all was great

Everything!

Good

No complaints!

Easy access to ATT stadium. Lots of nearby restaurants, good breakfast,fairly quiet room.

Eggs were cold

Food was fresh

WiFi wasn’t easy to connect to.

Breakfasts were better than the last time we were there.

Access to hotel was a bit tricky to figure out.

Very comfortable room.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very clean, great staff, safe location, easy parking, great breakfast. Was a little price.y, but it was both an MLB and NFL home game weekend.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The all night music that blared outside across from the room

Staff was great

Breakfast was great

I didn’t have any issues with the property. H

The staff and location.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The walls were very thin, the breakfast was subpar, sausages were burnt, everything was lukewarm

The room was clean, clean clean

Close proximity to AT&T stadium. Good restaurants in the vicinity.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room keys didn't function properly.was there to see the Dallas c

Good staff.

I had no problems.

The breakfast was good. The staff very friendly.

Bacon was cold and ran out

Eggs were warm.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

More pay per view options

Cleanliness & courteous staff

I liked the size off the room.