Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Denver-Cherry Creek 3 stars

4150 East Kentucky Avenue, Denver, CO 80246, USA

#32 of 77 hotels in Denver

• King Suite with Balcony

Sports teams were there and on Saturday evening snd into the morning they were partying and extremely loud. Breakfast was always so loud and crowded. Room was not cleaned one day.

Balcony with the Mountain View.

• King Suite with Mountain View - Non-Smoking

My reservation was for a suite with a Mountain view, I did not have a mountain view, I asked the staff about this and it was totally dismissed, I was very irritated by this failure to fix my request. It was a big deal to me to have a Mountain view.

Room was kept very clean

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The inconvenince of my room not being correct the first day and i was charged on my reservation card and not my credit card as requested. Hopefully my $128.56 that i was inconveintly charged will be refunded in a timely manner

The breakfast, location, amenities

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mattress wasn't very comfortable, and there wasn't enough seating in the breakfast area, so we took our food back to our room.

The room was very clean, and the location was good.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The fitness room is small and hot

The staff was very nice and accommodated our late check out request. The hotel is close to many restaurants and stores, very convenient location.

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

We got a no smoking room and all the rooms on the floor were non smoking yet guests on our floor were smoking marijuana and cigarettes. Disliked that very much as the whole floor began to smell

The interior design was very beautiful and I loved the shower! Very comfortable bed and was happy it was king sized!

• King Suite with Balcony and Mountain View - Non-Smoking

You cannot smoke on the balcony. I paid extra for a balcony that I couldn't even use. I am not certain what the purpose is for the Balcony then?

Clean and comfortable/good location

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

I choose two queen beds but instead got one queen bed which lead to ending up with a suite. I DID NOT SELECT A SUITE when booking. NO hot tubs or pool available it was under constructions these details were not described when booking. Disappointed in the booking process which explains the price when you guys gave a suite. Couch bed was lumpy.

Bed was fine. Couch bed was lumpy.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

We all would have appreciated if we got to use the pool but it was not available. We got offered to use the pool at another hotel but no shuttle to get there so that was an inconvenience. The other 2 rooms I had booked through the hotel were not available either so my family had to be separated. I felt let down and embarrassed because my parents had never been to Denver or even stayed at a Hampton Inn before and I had told them how nice it was because I had just stayed there a few months prior.

I liked that we finally got a room on one of the high floors so we could see the mountains.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Older hotel. Right downtown(not on the outskirts like we thought) Made request for roll away when making reservation because we have 5 people in our family. Upon check-in, they gave us a room that had two beds but were told that a roll away would be a fire hazard. Very frustrating and our youngest had to sleep in two chairs.

It was close to the Rockies stadium

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

When we got to our room we found that we had to insert the key wait and wait a few minutes before the door would open, a little annoying. Also when we first entered our room, our bathroom had a very odd smell, like musty and soapy. Just a very odd smell, we sprayed perfume all over in order to make it somewhat better. Everything was however very clean.

The room was very clean, staff was very friendly and helpful, location was great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The included breakfast was okay but I expected to eat from plates and not from paper ware. Also the tables were not clean at all. The pool was under renovation and it was not mentioned when I did my online booking. Unfortunately this was one criteria why I had chosen this hotel, this was disappointing.

The bed was very comfy and the room and bathroom was very clean!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Elevator was out of service. Pool wasn't in use and it was not told to me at the time of my booking

Location and friendly staff. Also had a Starbucks next door. Lots of breakfast choices including hot eggs and sausage.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Everything besides the actual building itself was great the pool was not opened due to renovations. They did not state this on the webiste, and Booking.com also did not state that there was no pool. The elevator broke for a day while we were there and we had to climb 5 flights of stairs. I am very dispeased that the hotel had so many problems and i still paid full price. I will never stay here again because they are not truthful about the amenities they offer.

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Beds were comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

The swimming pool was being renovated when I stayed there. Hopefully it will be available for my next trip.

Good Breakfast. The location worked perfectly for me and I will book this place again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I really didn't like Denver much. They don't do tourism very well at all. Hampton Inn however was excellent value for money.

Staff were very friendly, rooms clean and comfortable. Location good.

Pool and Spa were down for renovation - not good! Should have been revealed when we were signing up. May have changed our choice. We anticipated and prepared for a pool and spa, so we were very disappointed.

Breakfast was much better than anticipated. Hot dishes each day, waffles, and the standard continental items.

• Reviewed: 26 April 2017

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Given Colorado's current status regarding smoking. Being on the second floor people seemed to congregate below our window and smoke. I would have preferred there was a smoking area that was not immediately below guest windows.

Room was comfortable and very clean. The bathroom could have used a ventilation fan. The TV also did not have a guide or way to determine what was available to watch other than scrolling through the channels.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to move rooms. Heat wouldn't turn off in first room.Restaurant wasn't very good food.Ten dollars for a drink is outrageous.The staff were very nice and courteous.

• Reviewed: 13 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Construction closed down the pool while we were there. We weren't notified in advance of this issue or of the construction noise during the day. Testing of alarms forced us out early on our first morning there as well. Overall great rooms and beds, but it's a good thing we didn't spend much time there.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Was not advised that pool/hot tub area was completely shut down or that renovations were happening in lobby area. Wifi did not work, toilet would not flush, staff was not willing to do anything to make up for loss of amenities.

Location of hotel, breakfast included.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was mis informed... I had Reserve a room for me and my family stay in Denver and the pool was under construction... that was the main reason for picking this hotel...

...I like how they refunded me all my money!

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Spa was being maintained, weren't game to use it when it reopened as it smelt very chlorine. Good little gym, but needs a separate air con in that room.

Great location with supermarket nearby to stock up for our ski trip. Comfy beds. Quiet rooms.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

The fridge was too small to accommodate our take out pizza box, but other than that it was all good.

I liked the covers on the bed and the extra fluff pillows...

• Reviewed: 11 January 2017

• King Room - Disability Access

I wish breakfast would've lasted a little longer for the later sleepers.

The staff was very nice. I thought it would have a little better apllainces for the price but it was still nice.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were visiting DU with our son, as he got ready for the new quarter. The location was excellent–– close to the school; food, etc nearby; easy access to downtown and other local things. The staff were very polite and helpful, and the room was very updated and clean. We've stayed in the area several times now, but this was by far the best for the money.

• Reviewed: 29 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast included in our stay was delicious and had a great variety for a family. We also are big coffee drinkers so appreciated the fact that coffee was available in our room as well as the lobby 24 hours a day. Staff was very helpful and nice.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Bathrooms were a little small.

Breakfast was good, beds were comfy, pillows were of normal size! Night staff was super helpful in helping us find a place to eat(11/26/16), highly recommend Carve!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The service I received was great, I believe the receptionist is Ben (if you want to get technical. Love how friendly & respectful everyone was there! I reserved online all I had to do was hand him my card & license. I recommend this to anybody. Will be coming back for sure! 👌🏽

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom could hve been bigger and the hot tub could have been a littler cooler for the kids and the timer on the hot tub didn't work.Just thought for improvement.

We loved the whole facility, friendly staff, pool and hot tub both a fun time and very relaxing, beds are comfortable, view outside rooms are okay. Breakfast is the best breakfast we've had a motel like this. Check in and out are very easy and convenient.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• King Suite with Mountain View - Non-Smoking

Pillows were really small for king size bed but requested more so it was ok.. Wish their was a smoking room outside or something as it was cold when we stayed.

Very friendly staff

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

• King Room - Disability Access

Television dated flageling not working well. Could have used a table by the window, a place to put hair dryer and curling iron in bathroom.

No the eggs pretty much were not good!

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Could use more TV channels. Channels did not correspond to the listing in room. Could smell chlorine much of the time and at times, overbearing.. Would liked to have had paper at door in the morning instead of waiting to get downstairs.

Location to University of Denver. Nice clean, safe neighborhood. Learned my way around quickly.

• Reviewed: 3 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds weren't comfortable and it was way over priced. Most hotels in Denver seem very overpriced.

The hotel was in a great area. The staff were friendly and it was up to date.

• Reviewed: 25 June 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The most uncomfortable seating I have encountered in a hotel room. The love seat hides bed cushions would not compress nor stay flat The "chair" at the computer station swiveled but no forward or back movement. The cushion felt like sitting on a counter.

The bed was comfortable

Bathroom not clean

Close to cherry creek.

extremly noisy, we need to change the room in the middle of the night because of noise from some generator

Clean and quiet

• King Room - Disability Access

Erica was very helpful with helping me keep my husband's trip on track

The curtains don't block any light coming in through the windows in the morning

• King Suite with Mountain View - Non-Smoking

Location, staff, relatively new, clean

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Breakfast til 10 was a lifesaver!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were like sleeping on a board

Location was good for getting to everything in denver with ease

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was very clean and was cleaned often!

• King Suite with Balcony and Mountain View - Non-Smoking

The bed in the king suite room wasn’t very comfortable!!! Too firm for me

Nice clean rooms. Breakfast was ok

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Add item like pork free bacon.. and the misunderstanding on website airport shuttle.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

the pool water seemed to be a little too cold.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had a tough week of travel so I was disappointed to learn the hot tube was out of service both days of my visit.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Loved that there were hot drinks available in the lobby at all times. Super friendly and helpful staff!

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

Terrible desk service. Terrible check in

It was a clean hotel in a good neighborhood at a decent price

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing we had a great experience

Good breakfast, nice facility

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

service: friendly & efficient & kind & helpful beutifully renovated, comfortable and beautiful excellent breakfast!!!!

• King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

No smoking rooms

Convenient location.

Everything; great hotel!

GooD atmosphere

The Pool was under construction ☹️

Location was great Price was a little high

• King Suite with Mountain View - Non-Smoking

The pool was not working and it was overpriced.

Room was very hot even when heater was turned way down

Very clean! Friendly staff.

Broken fireplace

Excellent staff

N/a

The cleaninesd

Comfort and location.

All was EXCELLENT

Staff and Amenities were EXCELLENT

Breakfast was good and friendly staff

N/a

Very clean

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The smell coming great the bathroom

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not being able to get a late checkout

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable and clean. Good breakfasts.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Cooling didn't work very well, and no hot water Saturday evening.

There was a loveseat, which I liked

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Location. Front desk very attentive.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Overpriced $204/night outside of Denver...the shower did not drain and the toilet didnt flush without 2-3 attempts.

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The swimming pool was under renovation and we were not told it was closed

• King Suite with Balcony

That I had to come home to New Mexico after

Breakfast was great

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Mountain View

The swimming pool was down for maintanace

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub did not drain. The pool was closed. The excersise equipment was broken.

Fairly quiet