Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Denver Tech Center 3 stars

5001 South Ulster Street, Centennial, CO 80237, USA

#5 of 22 hotels in Centennial

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

The staff couldn't find my reservation and I have to call Booking'com staff to solve. I have to pay fee of International Call and wasted my time.

Break fast service. Clean & big rooms.

HVAC cabinet right in the room. Thin walls.

Great Breakfast. Lots of great restaurants nearby. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Lots of parking.

My room was by the fire exit and everything seemed to be amplified, sound wise. Folks were up and down the stairs, and in and out the door, all night long. Not the hotel's fault, but it was awful.

The car accident

The staff was very helpful, upgrading our room when they learned we had a car accident getting to the location, listed by the Denver Police department as the most dangerous area in the city.

• King Studio with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Every few hours at night the air conditioner would kick on and it sounded like someone was running water right there....woke everyone up each night a few times...super annoying

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The location was great, there was restaurants within walking distance & grocery stores (& other things of that sort) were within a short driving distance. The lobby was beautiful, very clean, organized, & had snacks/drinks available for you to purchase. The breakfast was awesome, they had a small variety of different things every morning (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, sausage, etc.). The space in the room was perfect for a couple. It was very clean. It had pots/pans, silverware, dishes, basically anything you would need in a kitchen. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom area was very clean & a nice size. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay & we will be back. Definitely recommend!!

Bed felt like concrete. Pillows were lumpy. TV did not broadcast channels 50% of time. TV was not digital feed. Appearance of front desk personnel was very unprofessional. Room decor was very nice. Room was way too small for price.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Breakfast was terrible! Messy presentation. The fresh fruit tasted nasty! It was as if the fruits were frozen then put out and refrozen again. Serving area for hot foods needs to be constantly wiped down & serviced. Tables need to be wiped down after ppl leave so they become available for the next. Server to slow.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

We were able to book the kitchenette suite which is great, as we travel with alot of our own favorites...we requestd a first floor room near entry and got it..staff very welcoming and accodomating. Loved the Panera next door as well..very safe and quiet.

$35 pet fee is kind of steep. Building construction seemed lightweight - the person walking around in the room above us sounded like a giant.

Front desk staff were very nice.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

For me, the mattress was just a bit too firm and the pillows too small. For someone else, it would probably not have been a problem. Other than that, I really loved the hotel. The rate and the value were outstanding.

My room was more than a room - I had a kitchen, sitting room, bedroom and huge bathroom. It was like coming home every day. EXCELLENT location. Breakfast was great, staff super friendly, very clean hotel. Good restaurants in walking distance. Will stay here again!

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

pull out bed was VERY uncomfortable, pool was not as clean as it could have been

Good breakfast, water in lobby was GREAT, free parking, friendly staff, easy to get to, good location, had a pool and outdoor grill

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

The bathroom ceiling was leaking and the shower too. Otherwise is a very good place to stay.

The breakfast was very good. The front desk staff were friendly. The rooms were clean and spacious, bed was comfortable.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The breakfast Buffet had a great variety of choices and some of them were excellent for those looking for extra-healthy food options. The suite we stayed in had everything we expected and more. The pool and hot tub were really neat. This hotel is one of the top travel experiences we've had.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Breakfast offerings a little light.

Bed was very comfortable. Love the complimentary wifi and free parking, both amenities I look for when booking a hotel.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

King suite layout was well designed. Bed was very comfortable, and the room and hotel was very clean. Breakfast included hot foods that were actually hot. If you need to be in the Tech Center area of Denver, this location is excellent. Several Pubs and Panera were very close by and the food at those places was also excellent. Very good value for the price.

parking was a nightmare. I had to park at Panera, then received a note on my car that if it wasn't moved it was going to be towed, there is one elevator and then I had to walk down long halls that took me forever to get to my room carrying my luggage.

the hotel is nice, clean, and comfortable.

All 4 Pillows were way too soft, like sleeping on a rolled up sweater. Suitcase doesn't fit into closet on the luggage holder NOT ENOUGH PARKING!

Staff friendly.

Breakfast no good, all served in plastic and paper cups No "fresh" bread, butter or chease No bar or resturant at hotel, no minibar at rooms Noisy aircondition

Hotel neighbour to tech centre One good bar around the corner Effective Ice machine at hotel

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The guy at the Front desk charge the wrong card after I had just said to use the mastercard!. Costing me an extra 20%. A little expensive,but worth it!!!

Was one of the best stays! Had a small complaint,but the staff Cleared it up no problem.She was very nice & helpfull.Walking distance of Pubs & Panera was a bonus

Comfortable, clean room. Friendly, helpful staff. Well placed for local light rail into Denver. Good breakfast choice. Walking distance to choice of eating places. Their business centre is set up for online airline check in which was great, including a printer for boarding passes.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

This facility only has king beds in the bedroom and a sofa sleeper in the living room. The sofa sleeper was AWFUL! The mattress was thin. You could feel every bar underneath. The frame was such that the foot was uphill from the head of the bed. The hotel room doors were all adjusted to SLAM closed so if your neighbors come & go late in the night or early in the morning, expect a lot of noise. The door is not well fitted to the frame so the light from the hallway shines into the room all night long. I will not stay here again.

The facilities were nice and clean and exactly as you would expect from the Hampton line of hotels.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Room was very worn, carpet edges were fraying, mold in bathroom in the corners and on the bottom of the bathroom door - paint was also cracked and peeling off on bottom of bathroom door. Toilet seat had a large crack on the seat. Doors from kitchenette to bedroom area would not open and close without force - opening and closing them was very loud. It also had a very strong smell of disinfectant - not a pleasant fresh smell. Charges were incorrect - I was overcharged significantly and it took 2 weeks to get a refund back to my account.

Bed was comfortable

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

It was difficult to find parking when coming back late at night. The parking lot seemed a bit small if the hotel was fully booked

Bed was super comfortable (especially the pillows) and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful

The soundproofing could be better; I could hear the coughing of the man next door and wondered if he could hear my phone conversations. I also felt the stability bar in the shower was in an awkward place, as I kept bumping into it when showering.

Loved the bed and sheets, super clean bathroom, great breakfast bar items and super friendly employees.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Clean, comfortable room with a great coffee machine and microwave. Bed was hard and pillows soft. Excellent breakfast with good variety by American standards. Panera's next door. Fast wi-fi. Location may or may not be good depending on why you are there. Would definitely return.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The pull out bed was not comfortable at all. Breakfast was good could be better. There was alot of choices from the cereals, oatmeal, waffles, juices, fruits, yogurt, breads. Eggs tasted like they came from a box. No taste. Gravy for the biscuits was overwhelming, couldn't enjoy. The cook (kitchen staff) was rude. Wouldn't acknowledge customers when they would talk to her. Didnt acknowledge me when I told her there was no more orange juice. Just a thought but if you get a cook who enjoys what they do the food would taste a whole lot better and maybe even if the food wasn't the greatest the guests would still overlook it because of customer service goes a long way.

Liked the room. Was just right for my son and I. Had a fridge, stove, sink, microwave, dishwasher. Didn't expect there to be silverware and plates, bowls, cups, etc was a nice surprise. When I showed up the guy who helped me also surprised me by knowing who I was, wish I knew his name to give him props for his customer service. Had a exercise room was nice because room was not walls but windows so you could enjoy working out as the sun was rising or setting. Location was very nice. Not too noisy with traffic, felt like a safe place.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I do not have a negative comment, it was a comfortable, pleasant ni ght :)

Ease of check-in, comfort of room, friendly staff, walking distance to Griffin Tavern and Panera...........great !

• Reviewed: 27 May 2017

The only negative I can think of is that the bath was quite small, but at least there was a bath! Also it wouldn't let you fill it much, it had an automatic drain half way up. We couldn't get the fan in the bathroom to turn off unless we turned the light off and it was rather loud. My parents were travelling with us and their room was exactly the same but they could turn the fan off! I tried asking the housekeeper but they didn't speak English lol! Oh, and the pool wasn't open.

The girl on the reception desk when we came in late after our train was delayed for over 2 hrs was really lovely and friendly. Everything was clean and tidy looking. There was a nice selection for breakfast and it started nice and early at 6am. Fantastic location, although it's 20 min from downtown we walked across the street to several dinner options, and went for a walk to a lovely big well maintained park afterwards, it is a beautiful area, very tidy and clean. Free tea and coffee and iced water for guests, and a great little fitness room!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Not much insulation from noises in rooms next to mine. Fan in bathroom always on when you turned on the light & it was too noisy.

Location & access to interstate, restaurants & shopping. Loved that there was a Panera Bread within a 2 minute walk next door.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Tvs were kinda fuzzy. Besides this that it was a great experience. Oh breakfast needs more options . Same exact food every morning. And food people seemed not happy.

Parking was near room. Lots of trees and open space. Suites were very clean and everthing you needed was available in the suite. This is a home away from home.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Kelsey or chelsey or Kelsi was the best! Not sure of the spelling...and she checked us in on May 18th. She was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and personable. I remembered her from the last time (Christmas 2016) we stayed at your hotel and she did an excellent job then.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Combined with what I liked.

After checking the room which did not have a fridge or microwave, I decided to upgrade to a suite, which was a lot more comfortable

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

We booked early in the year.. traveling to Denver by train. Small room on train... we got a suite!!!! We so needed the extra room! Very comfortable clean and friendly.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Dispite it being 86 degrees out, the pool was closed for another 2 weeks till memorial day. Part of the reason for my son and I getting away for the weekend was for him to have a place to swim since he loves swimming. The hot tub was open but I had to keep telling my son that it was too hot to go in the hot tub during the day. By the time it was night and cooler for the boys to go in the hot tub, we had to limit their time to 15 minutes due to the obvious reason of kids and health issues of staying in hot water too long. I also felt like the pictures of the room on this site are false advertisement. Sure you get the room that is pictured but it's a much smaller version at least half as small or smaller. Also, my friend and I were made to feel very uncomfortable and have our personal space invaded but another guest who was intoxicated with no help from the staff who was in visable proximity of the occurnce.

I loved how the rooms had a full kitchen equipped with a stove, microwave, fridge, utincles and dinnerware. The room felt more like home. There was a mini gym as well. The breakfast was full and there was a lot to choose from. I was pleased with how early they allowed us to check in and check out as well.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The cheese omelettes served on Monday (5/1/17) seemed to be overdone to the point the cheese that came out between the 2 layers of the omelette was crunchy.

I liked the scrambled eggs and sausage available Tuesday morning (5/2/17) were excellent. I felt both were cooked correctly, both eggs and sausage were moist and tasted good.

That my room didn't get cleaned while I was away and that they didn't come around to clean the room until 3:30pm and I was already back in my room relaxing for my evening events. Had to go down and ask for clean towels due to room not being cleaned in the afternoon while I was away

Room was very clean and bed very fluffy .... breakfast was excellent and really enjoyed the manager's happy hour in the evenings

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

The fact that the tv in our room, had some problems.

Bed quite comfortable, the suites are very nice, like the F/P feature when I was there in January. Staff very helpful - Ms. Fonzie was especially wonderful. She works hard and has great spirit. You are very fortunate to have her on your team. She will bring us back to your hotel.

We could hear people in the room next to ours. There is a big gap under the door so we could hear everything in the hallway too.

Everything looked very nice and clean.

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

The property is a little pricey for what I usually expect to pay for a Hampton Inn.

The bed and pillows are super-comfy. Very clean and fresh. The staff is very friendly and helpful and always ready with a smile. There is a Panera Bread that shares the same parking lot, so food is easily accessible. There's also a Wendy's and a Noodles & Co. that is walking distance.

• Reviewed: 12 March 2017

Was charged. Twice for a room I didn't even stay in 24 hours I was told that we could check in at a certain time at no additional cost to what we paid. Then we came back to our room and was told we had to pay an extra day because we have technically. Stayed two nights and we even had proof other check in time and no cost and they still wanted to charger me

The one lady at the desk was nice but the manager. And night shift guy not nice at all very rude.

• Reviewed: 11 March 2017

TV had faulty power cord and kept shutting itself off. Management didn't replace it when I complained so I had to put up with it for four days. Probably still not fixed.

Food was above average.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The sofa bed was awful. It sloped into the couch when folded out and was really uncomfortable to try to sleep in. The good news is the other bed was very comfortable so over our 3 nights my family of 4 took turns between the "good bed" & the sofa bed.

This was one of the cleanest rooms I've been to in a while; I was very impressed. The staff was friendly and overall it was a nice, quiet place to rest up.

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Pillows needed to be thicker.

Very clean, staff very friendly, and just the right amenities. Close to a "walking distance pub" Darby's Irish Pub.

• Reviewed: 20 January 2017

The room doors don't close tightly so outside noise was increased.

Two associates went out of their way to assist with parking issues and recommending late night options.

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The shower didn't seem to have any warn water running out of it. We turned the shower on and the water was cold. We left it on for another 10 minutes to tell the staff and the water did not warm up during that time. The staff told us that they would be reseting the boiler and to try again in 10 minutes. Although we waited and tried again the water did not warm up past freezing.

The staff were very kind and helpful. The room did not have toiletries in it, and the staff were quick to provide them.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2017

• King Studio with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Light fixtures should have the same lighting. Three fixtures had 3 different light bulbs. House keeping needs to check with desk to see if patrons checked out or wait till check out time had surpassed before attempting to enter.

The facility was clean. Sheets were clean. The room was immaculate. Check in was easy. Hot water was consistent and the appliances were a huge bonus!

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Stayed in a suite a kitchen but it lacked many basic things. No sharp knives, baking pans for the oven, dishcloths to wash dishes etc. Couldn't open cabinet drawers without opening oven all the way; very dangerous. Tiny coffee pot provided but no cream or sugar. When we arrived in the room, there was maybe one sheet of toilet paper on the roll and no spare, no paper towel and dishes were in the dishwasher. Breakfast was ok but hot items were cold. And strangely, the thermostat for the suite is located in the living room very close to the fireplace (which constantly gives off heat, even when not on) so if you want to warm up the bedroom, you need to crank the thermostat up and then the living area becomes unbearable.

Shower head was amazing! Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Need to do a better job plowing the parking lot.

The "free" breakfast was very nice, much more than just a continental breakfast. The staff also put out snacks in the evening. There was a welcoming atmosphere to the place.

• Reviewed: 13 December 2016

Larger pillows. We had to ask for additional. These were delivered promptly.

Eggs were not good. The pineapple was not completely fresh. The rest of the food was very good.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The staff was extremely helpful with ensuring that the down pillows were removed from the room I was staying in. The location was great for what I needed to do in the area. Close to the highway.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

Trivago gave me. One price. Booking .com gave me a different price. Both wrong. Hilton different price. I had not traveled for a long time. But everything Hilton was awesome facilities and staff!

Eggs were not that good! room great! staff awesome!

• Reviewed: 13 November 2016

Breakfast didn't have as many good fresh fruit and egg options. The eggs are obviously fake. The fruit wasn't appealing or ripe. If those things were changed it would be a phenomenal breakfast for a hotel.

Bed and room were very clean. I liked the feel and style of the hotel. Very friendly staff. Standard checkout at noon. Good fitness center.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Too loud and nosy . Door had a huge gap so whenever someone walked by you can hear it . I could hear the people above us walking around ,flush toilets, etc. I will not be staying here again

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

The fact that I had to leave and head back to Los Angeles.

The property was among the best I have experienced in this price range. The proximity to eateries and the RTD light-rail was a plus. The staff was diverse and exceptional

A bit pricey, noisy A/C, rough towels, horrible TV picture with lines in it

Very quiet and clean room, fresh fruit at breakfast, terrific staff, lots of AC outlets for chargers

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

The facility is laid out so you have to walk forever if your room is in the back. Hard to do with a lot of luggage making trips to the car. Also this is the only hotel on our driving trip that didn't have a refrigerator and a comfortable chair in the room. Only had a desk chair. For this price you should have both. The parking lot was also too small.

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2016

A/C wasn't working as expected - temperature was OK but humidity in room too high.

Complimentary breakfast buffet and happy hour; fitness center.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Found stained unclean pillows and linen on the bed. One was yellow stains with hairs and another actually had blood stain.Then they were replaced with more stained linen. Was told no one cleans after a certain time of day by housekeeping.. Some of the towels had holes in them. We made it work because most of the affordable hotels were booked due to the Labor day weekend. I will never return to that hotel.

• Reviewed: 16 August 2016

Farther from everything than we thought. 10 miles means 40 minutes from anything we wanted to go to. Breakfast was not good at all and not really any good choices other than bad carbs. No protein sources hardly. Movies are 17 dollars to rent and no DVD player for redbox. No fridge in room or anywhere accessible so our leftovers went bad every night.

Bed was comfy and rooms were clean. Building was really clean and professional.

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

The breakfast was very "american", I prefer a "proper" continental breakfast. But that's a matter of opinion.

The location was clean and quiet, and that's the most important to me.

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Can't think of one thing!

Staff very helpful, joyful and friendly. Room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was outstanding., fresh, replenished as needed.

• Reviewed: 27 June 2016

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

house keeping took a while to get to our room, but in their defense we were in and out a lot.

really enjoyed the basketball, workout room and the pool. Room was comfortable and clean

Excellent staff and excellent rooms enjoyed myself very well

Swimming pool & hot tub not working.

Breakfast & workout room were excellent.

Old facilities.

The bed was really hard. The people in the room next to us were fighting and the cops had to be called on them.

Easy to find off the interstate.

• King Studio with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The pull out bed was uncomfortable.

Outside gardens and the morning breakfast was very good.

Didn't have microwave and refrigerator

It was in a good location

• King Suite with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Had a hard time finding it

Clean, easy accessibility for handicap.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

Room was ok not worth the money by any means.

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Fireplace

Some of the lights did not turn on.

Helpful staff.

No refrigerator in rooms

Nice location and close to stores

out of orange juice

• Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The bed were not as soft

The room was very clean