Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Flagstaff 3 stars

2400 South Beulah Boulevard, Flagstaff, AZ 86001, USA

#12 of 63 hotels in Flagstaff

Miserable night with very little sleep. Location was great for restaurants however.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We received the smallest room in the hotel. There were three adults in the room and not enough chairs to accommodate us. The door to the bathroom was in need of repair and drug on the floor. We were also charged full rate for a queen for this tiny room. After two calls we finally got a $50, discount making the room $134. which was more than it was worth. We had no refrigerator, no telephone also. The sheets were not visible to the eye so the comforter was hot, sheet could have been folded over the top of the comforter for cleanliness.

There was a charming fireplace in the room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The a/c didn't work properly; it was a wall unit I constantly had to turn on. There were too few pillows provided and the sheets were rough. There wasn't a place to hang hand towels towels at the vanity, so they stayed wet.

There was a charming fireplace in the room. The breakfast buffet was good.

Hotel is in good distance from different things to do around...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping was lackluster to say the least. We are good tippers for housekeeping. First 2 days of stay we left $10 each day- 3rd and last day-not so much-- Beds were made and room had a tidy up feel however, the couch bed wasn't put away our entire 3 day stay- just made so if we wanted to sit on couch apparently it's up to us to put the bed part away. Dishes that were left in sink from morning time weren't put into dishwasher, which is not the end of the world but I thought housekeeping would tidy up the kitchen area. I ran the dishwasher, however the dishwasher detergent was never replaced for further dishes nor is dish soap available for use once I did the dishes. Only 1 saucepan and 1 skillet were for use in our room kitchen. Also, only utensils were silverware and a manual can opener- no tools for meal making... trash was filled very quickly as it was a little garbage can just as bath area can for kitchen trash. Pool towels are like the ones swimmers use- not full size towels. We had to skim the pool ourselves to clean before getting in as leaves and bugs were floating around. Water was cold first 2 days than seemed to be heated up more on 3rd day. Not the worst hotel to stay at but after staying at hotels in Hawaii, I think I was spoiled with the Aloha they have there :)

Hotel is in good distance from different things to do around town and Sedona. Enough room for 3 adults and 3 children in 1 bedroom suite. ( 3 kids ages 5,4,2 slept sideways in 1 bed).

it was good enough for one night

We reserved a ground floor room -- yet the Bed is worn out - gave us handicap room so it was an awkward layout for us as we are not handicapped: One side of Bed against the wall and bathroom extra handicap seat was strange to see and shower head did not work so well- Suite 206 was last room on ground floor.

Very nice, just as expected.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The only reason I rated value for the money a little low is because we were traveling over Memorial Day weekend and the hotels always jack up the prices over a holiday. Normally I think the rate is fine for the money.

Kids had a great time
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

I would like to have had napkins or paper towels in the kitchen or been told to bring some. We had to grab napkins from downstairs.

The suite was great. Everyone was very helpful

Got a good night's sleep!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The corner location on a busy street made for some traffic noise but we didn't notice it later in the evening.

Convenience to eating places was a plus! The room was comfortable, clean and had lots of outlets to charge our electronics which was great!

The beds were very comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were very comfortable. The location was great. I called the hotel to get directions and the clerk was very helpful for that and restaurant recommendation. It's a beautiful hotel.

NOTHING available for vegans at breakfast except very...

NOTHING available for vegans at breakfast except very unappealing oatmeal and that with no plant-based milk in sight. Finding this true of all hotel chains. They are behind the times. USA has had a 600% increase in veganism in just the past three years.

I was very pleased with the check in and the welcome...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was very pleased with the check in and the welcome greeting by the front desk. It was a pleasant surprise to have been upgraded to a suite when I had scheduled a standard room. It was very spacious and we felt very well taken care of by your staff. Excellent stay and excellent atmosphere.

The person that checked us in didn't offer us bottle...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The person that checked us in didn't offer us bottle water, but offered water to the people before us. Didn't seem to care if we were happy or not. But, everything else was good.

Comfortable, affordable. Friendly, responsive staff. A few little annoyances with the facilities.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Facilities maintained adequetly but not to a high standard. Just little things. We had a kitchen but not well stocked. No utensils or even a knife. Only one shampoo/cond for a family of 5. Really small pool towels. Shower head was broken but fixed super fast when we raised it.

Staff very pleasant and prompt to address any queries. Beds (except the sofa bed!) comfortable and clean. Nice big rooms.

Not returning.

The first night the toilet overflowed but someone did come quickly to fix it. On our second day stay the toilet would not flush. Also on the first day we requested a wake up call for the next morning. That did not happen. Staff was pleasant. Breakfast was good.

Convenient and tidy and airy and light.

Out of laundry soap—but reception guy gave me some free of charge because I’d switched rooms with someone in a wheelchair after checking in.... :-)

Nice guy at reception

Good experience and we would stay again because it is clean and convenient.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The rooms are great however the ultra glossy paint could be taken down to a satin... makes it look a little cheap. The bathrooms need updating and carpets in the room are getting a little old.

Very convenient. There are not a lot of decent hotels in Flagstaff. This one is fairly new and well kept. Breakfast is included although its pretty average but edible. I do like the coffee tea service next to the lobby in the mornings and evenings. Big Bonus! It is very clean and good for families with young kids.

To expensive for what we received.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds and pillows were not comfortable at all and out room window would not close all the way so we had 10 degree air coming in all night. We had to really crank up the heater so it made it uncomfortable.

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was good. Location was great, we were able to walk to restaurants and shopping.

Disappointed.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Couldn’t get hot water in shower/tub. Room was showing wear - sink was cracked, faucets turned wrong direction, toilet had hard water stains, light in bathroom barely worked. No Regular coffee in room upon my arrival - only decaf. Only one fork in kitchen??? I booked this hotel specifically because of fireplace in room which was shown in picture on Booking. Upon arrival, I was given room with no fireplace. I called front desk immediately and she told me my rate was for lower floor rooms(???) and it was upper floor rooms that have the fireplace. And, the upper rooms only had showers ( I had requested a room with a tub). After re-checking my booking reservation online, I knew that was not correct. I called again and asked to be moved to a room with a fireplace. She did move me and I got a fireplace and (surprise) the room DID have a tub even though it was on an upper floor. Unfortunately, the tub had no hot water. When checking out, I was ready to share my experience but was never asked how I enjoyed my stay, just if I wanted a printed receipt or not. Definitly not staying here again.

Fireplace in room.

Awesome. We will be back
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Only complaint would be the overcrowding at breakfast. But that's only because you had a lot of customers. That's a good thing.

Pool was great. Room was clean and warm.

We stayed at 2 Hampton Inns on this trip.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Late at night we heard water leaking/running thru the light fixture from the spa tub in the room above into our spa tub. staff offered to move us, but it was quite late, hubby was sleeping. They discounted the room. Great staff.

We stayed at 2 Hampton Inns on this trip. The beds were comfy as always, property clean and nice staff. But the breakfasts just aren't as good or fresh as it used to be. Hope it changes, we like the Hampton Inns!

It was fine, but the price was too high for the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed and the room wasn't modern.

The room online look modern but when we got in the room it wasn't modern. The beds weren't very comfortable either.

The staff was extremely helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facilities are not as nice as pictured. It’s maintained but getting older and has a lot of “bandaid” fixes. It could use a major cosmetic overhaul. It was fine for a family night but I wouldn’t have been happy if I had wanted a romantic get away. Considering the condition, I feel the rate was high.

The staff was extremely helpful. The room I booked doesn’t allow 5 people but booking.com said it did. The staff upgraded us to an available suite at no charge so we would all fit.

I do like the clean rooms at the hiltons
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The noise out side the window ,next time we will get a room on the other side or they could insulate the windows near the freeway.. although I notice most of the hotels in Flagstaff are locating very close to the freeway..

Good breakfast ,very clean bedding!

Breakfast was pretty good.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very noisy as it is situated right at the entrance to freeway. My room was right next to the elevator so that was also noisy.

Breakfast was pretty good. Beds were comfortable

Beautiful facility!!!!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Kitchen

Tv channels were hard to figure out on the remote. Need a way to turn on the light just to the bathroom without turning the ones to the vanity area

Beautiful with tons of room!

Uncomfortable, disappointing and a poor value.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Was not able to get a restful good night's sleep as the bed was extremely hard and uncomfortable. Since we paid for a premium room we expected premium bedding. Since this was not the case we felt the room was a very poor value for the rate we paid. Also, shower required maintenance with cracks in the corner of the surround and the drain cover was not attached causing a potential safety hazard.

Location and friendly, helpful staff

Full breakfast available with non dairy creamers for coffee...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator was consistently slow, but patience is a virtue, right? No refrigerator, but we didn't need one during this trip.

Full breakfast available with non dairy creamers for coffee was a plus. Nice dining area available with plenty of room for everyone. Staff members ensured the food stayed stocked and the area clean. Room was clean and they provide basic necessities you might have forgotten! My family and I were happy with our stay.

We stayed here 8/17, which we had a great room;
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first room was great. The second room was dirty, outdated. It would be nice if all maids cleaned the rooms as if they were going to be staying in the rooms. Would you want a clean a room? More than likely, yes.

We stayed here 8/17, which we had a great room; clean, comfy, and quiet. The second night we stayed here was 08/21 and the room we had was dirty, the bathroom tiles were chipped/cracked, and it was loud. Overall it we enjoyed the room(s), the breakfasts were good, staff kept stocking breakfast items as they got low. Check-in/check-out was quick.

We had a large group of 10 people from many parts of the world and enjoyed our stay.

It would have been nice to have a list of stores and restaurants within walking distance in the rooms.

The attention to the Breakfast buffet was very good! The connected rooms for our large family was excellent! The children enjoyed the swimming pool.

My daughter said, It was cute, but not comfy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Beds were uncomfortable and pillows too!! Didn't seem there was enough parking if arriving late at hotel.

Offered a good breakfast, Nice looking hotel.

make sure your rate from booking.com is available upon checkout
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had a rate from booking.com for $544, upon checking in the hotel offered to upgrade our room to a suite, no mention of it costing more. When we checked out it was 685.70, when I got home to look at my email from Booking and the bill I called the hotel. I spoke with Brian, he became agitated when I told him I needed to understand the price discrepancy, I even had to tell him to stop yelling at me. He was flippant and said he would just return $100 to my card, I said it was more than that for the difference and he said oh, I'm just supposed to take your word for it? I told him I would forward my email from booking.com that showed me a total price of 544 for the reservation and I asked for his name. He apologized but as far as I was concerned the customer service damage was done, I'll never stay there again. The only purpose of my call was to find out why there was a significant price discrepancy, I would have been fine with giving him time to investigate it but he flew off the handle immediately, he blamed it on other guests checking in.

Hotel was fine, clean and near the college

overall, a bit pricey for area and amenities. Staff friendly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no top sheets on the bed, only spread? what's up with that, not the first time I've encountered a hotel only putting on the bottom sheet? too gross to have the bed spread only next to your skin.

good hot breakfast;

Nice hotel!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't a view at all, only of the freeway right outside. It wasn't noisy, though!

The room turned out to be like an apartment with a separate sitting area and fireplace. Very nice decor and updates.

The bed was comfortable, very clean and breakfast was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building was hot: the air conditioning wasn't on, and what I really didn't like was for the price of the room they didn't have a refrigerator.

The bed was comfortable, very clean and breakfast was great.

Unsatisfactory
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

Room was hot and didn't cool down until wee hours of the morning. Bed was squeaky (embarrassing) and uncomfortable. We checked out days early and the staff didn't ask or offer anything to improve our stay or visit.

Not much

I would not stay here again or recommend tis property.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

This is a tired property in need of an upgrade. We travelled as a group of 5 and reserved a suite that sleeps 7 (6 would be more realistic) and wanted the kitchen as one of the travellers requires a wheelchair. The kitchen was ill equipped - almost no flatware and dishes, no kettle, no toaster, etc. The sofa bed was lumpy at best and our room faced a highway entrance ramp so the noise of trucks and motorbikes accelerating up the ramp could be heard clearly. There were only 4 handicap parking spaces, usually full, and parking was tight in general due to the proximity of several restaurants. The 2 elevators are old and slow. The complimentary breakfast was not even as good as Holiday Inn Express.

Conveniently located near Walmart, access to I40 and I17 with several fast food restaurants within walking distance. Not really close to downtown.

great hospitality
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

We lost our phone and the receptionist was very kind and helpful and tried to do everything to help us get it back....we are from Canada...also when coming and going the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome wither it's with a smile or a hello

• Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

People who smoke do so right outside the hotel doors so you have to walk through a cloud of cigarette smoke every time you come & go. They need a designated smoking area away from the front door. Bananas mushy & all other fruit at breakfast tasted like grapefruit since it had been sitting in a bowl together (grapefruit, oranges & pineapple)

Great location. Liked the set up of the room. They brought extra towels quickly when asked. Clean.

Friendly staff, average accommodations, bad smell
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The room smelled really bad. Something was wrong with the toilet and the smell in there was horrible. It permeated through the whole room. There were dirty dishes in the dishwasher. Otherwise just ok.

The staff was so friendly and smiling. The breakfast area and food was good.

Overall excellent place for stay in Flagstaff area.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking. a bit of a challenge due to collocation with gas station, a restaurant and a fast food restaurant.

Overall excellent place for stay in Flagstaff area.

Family friendly, good breakfast, nice facilities, helpful...
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

We ran into some weird people staying at the hotel. One of them got into a verbal fight with us for no good reason - for apparently staring at him. It seemed like racially motivated.

Family friendly, good breakfast, nice facilities, helpful staff, great location

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

My sisters liked having coffee available all day in the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Omelette was fair. The scrambled eggs were better.

My sisters liked having coffee available all day in the lobby. There was a nice selection of food for breakfast.

Great hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There wasn't anything we didn't like at the Hampton.

The up grade we received to a queen suite was great. The room had all of the amenities you would expect. It was the best stay we had during our vacation.

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Brian was wonderful..He made our emergency medical situation a bit better with all his kindness !!!
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Kitchen

the only thing was the room was not as clean as I expected once we were there for a few days.. I did have to ask for a few things and the ice maker was not working

I liked the fact that everyone was very nice-----the breakfast wast great ----and I like the fact that Brian was an amazing help to us.

Easy and quick check-in/out;
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We checked in around 8pm but didn't immediately go to room because it was getting late, we decided to go to dinner first. Upon our return, we couldn't find parking near hotel so we had to park further away, hauling our bags quite a distance. Recommend unpacking as soon as you check-in because you may have to park away from hotel.

Easy and quick check-in/out; room was nice and cozy.

Great hotel!!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was soo clean and the staff were extra friendly. The staff gave us a list of restaurants, family activities, and user friendly maps. Right outside the hotel also had a wonderful view of a mountain front and center. Overall, great hotel.

My kids thought we were at a luxury hotel!
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Beds weren't as comfy as anticipated, but we've had worse. Inside the refrigerator was a takeout container from previous occupants.

The indoor pool was a sanity saver on a cold, rainy night with 4 kids needing to play after a long car ride. The breakfast choices were delicious and plentiful. Plenty of space for our family of 6 (2 adults, 2 teens, and 2 tweens) to eat, sleep, and hang out. Fireplace kept the room toasty. Rooms were very clean; I'd dare to go barefoot! Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

Road noise!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Asked for a quiet room but got 530 which overlooked a gas station and a busy 12 lane intersection with road noise all day and night as people reved engines to go through light. Window must not have sealed properly and a/c fan made horrible squeak so it wasn't comforting white noise. Slept with iPod playing in earbuds. Argh.

Staff was friendly.

We enjoyed the upgraded room.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The king bed was like sleeping in a hammock. Very limited sleep.

We enjoyed the upgraded room. The room was clean but the bathroom floor needed a good scrubbing.

Great hotel!
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The hotel was terrific - our room was a nice size, well appointed, and very clean. The bed was comfortable, their pool was great especially for our kids, and we enjoyed the breakfast.

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

It was an overall nice stay. I would visit again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Small jacuzzi, mediocre pillow material, and thin walls (you can hear neighbors and someone using the bathroom).

Staff and cleanliness was amazing. Breakfast was delicious--nice having options.

• Reviewed: 2 March 2017

OK, but I will keep looking.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The Hot Tube in our room had half the adjustment dials broken off. Plaster tape stripe lines in ceiling I can get at any of the $40 dollar hotels in Flag. For a Higher end Hot Tub room I thought TV was smallish and the TV number entry system sucked, I never saw that ##-## thing before.

Had a Hot Tube in room, that is why we booked it after a big skiing day.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Excellent location, comfort, friendly staff!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like having a microwave in the room (Tucson Hampton Inn has fridge, micro, etc.). The housekeeping staff inadvertently took an airfreshener product belonging to my friend, thinking it was theirs. We never got it back. But the hotel reimbursed us for it, and then some.

Kindness and helpfulness of front desk staff with an issue, I needed a few things, some clarification of something, a fridge, help with an issue on the bill, they were great. It wasn't so busy you had to wait forever

• Reviewed: 13 February 2017

A great stay at reasonable rates. Don't go during winter; snow and ice don't get removed.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Kitchen

The ice not cleared at hotel entrance, even when the sun had been out the second day, they could've cleared off the slushy areas (that refroze). Parking lot a mess with mounds of ice. Hotel should invest in small tractor or hire someone to clear off snow and ice daily. Need to place handicap bars by toliets in ALL rooms. One bed in our room was a little lop-sided. Need hangers in hallway closet.

The inviting smiles. The fireplace and warmth of entry way.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

We had 7 people and we were able to get a suite to...
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The parking lot was crowded with the other businesses nearby. Would have liked to park closer.

We had 7 people and we were able to get a suite to accommodate all of us..

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Nice location, horrible staff. Would not recommend.
    • King Suite with Spa Bath

The room we reserved was given away, so they put us in a room on a wing under construction without notifying is about it. It was loud, had people knocking on our doors at night, and smelled like varnish half the time. The staff didn't try to fix it or apologize at all.

It was a nice location.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Friendly staff was always helpful.
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Just a matter of timing, they were refinishing the lobby area, but the workers were polite and kept the noise to a minimum.

Friendly staff was always helpful.

• Reviewed: 15 November 2016

Room not secure.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Window latches broken couldn't lock window. Door to adjoining room could not be secured with lock used chair to secure it. Gap in entry door was enough to see the carpet in hallway when door was closed.

Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 November 2016

I would recommend
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They needed more room to sit and eat breakfast. Eating area was really crowded. Guess that means the food was good!

Close proximity to everything we wanted to see and do. Restaurants just across the parking lot are a real plus.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

Quick Flagstaff stay.

For price all was good

Layout of the pool and location, kids enjoyed it. Breakfast was better than most locations and coffee and tea was available all the time. Ample parking. Friendly staff and helpful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Convenient.. clean and contemporary. When the price is right it is a good place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking King Suite with Kitchen

The beds were not very comfortable and the pull out was horrible (even for kids). The breakfast needed more fresh fruit and food that did not look like it was an afterthought or had been in the microwave too long. It was edibel just not too good.

The king suite room was spacious and clean. The staff was helpful and friendly. The breakfast was just okay but was plentiful.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Nice Hotel but expensive for a stopover

Noise from highway and other guests. View from room was of the parking lot. Rooms on the other side viewed the highway so not very scenic. The price seemed very high for a basic Hampton Inn.

We just stayed one night in route to Sedona. The hotel is right off the highway which is convenient but noisy. The hotel is nice and we were upgraded to a very nice suite with a kitchen and fireplace. The room was very clean. All staff we encountered were great. The breakfast was better than average for a free hotel breakfast which is not saying much really.

• Reviewed: 7 October 2016

Will not book again here
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking lot is dark and scary with homeless people. The room was not as pictured and the bathroom was not clean. Toilet clogged up and the breakfast was just minimal at best.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

Friendly staff, good breakfasts, and pleasant atmosphere.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good parking is VERY limited. Had to park in an insecure location next to a convenience store/gas station.

Friendly staff, good breakfasts, and pleasant atmosphere.

• Reviewed: 4 September 2016

Exceptional Staff/ Great breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff was fantastic- very accommodating. Ciera (spelling) was sensational. Took extra time to explore booking issues I was having on their site. Aslo - the additional shredded cheese was a nice touch for the breakfast eggs!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2016

Expensive but nice rooms
    • Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping uses way too much Febreeze! Breakfast area was soo cold. Parking lot is shared with two restaurants and a gas station, making for a full lot.

Breakfast was nothing to rave about but it was okay.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Very nice overnight stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My friend staying with me said the comforter was nice, but quite heavy for summer. A variety of pillows might be nice instead of all of them being the same (so squishy). If you stack those kinds of pillows, then your head just sinks down and you can't breathe. She brought her own. Both of those issues are very small but thought I would mention them.

The bed was very comfortable and the breakfast was excellent. I heard there was difficulty parking, but I did not experience that at all. You have plenty of parking. We will be staying there again with our next visit to Flagstaff.

We did have a problem with our room, however the hotel staff...
    • Non-Smoking Queen Suite with Kitchen

We did have a problem with our room, however the hotel staff was very attentive and helpful.

Spacious for family,

Spacious for family,

Close to freeway, great room, and nice staff.

Parking lot is small for hotel. Shared with a fast food and restaurant.

Close to freeway, great room, and nice staff.

Amazing time

The pool wasn't heated

Room

Nice stay with the Family
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room, breakfast, facilities, location etc were all very good.

Comfort

N/a I liked everything

Comfort

AC was too loud.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

AC was too loud. It made weird noises.

A very clean, quiet, modern hotel!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Very comfortable bed, quiet, nice breakfast

It is accessible (both drive and walk) to restaurants and...

It is accessible (both drive and walk) to restaurants and stores and gas and walking distance to the university.