Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport 4 stars

#37 of 57 hotels in Hollywood

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location near Oakwood Plaza
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle Service and information about shuttle Service timetable was too difficult to plan to this hotel and no answer to our emails. At least they pick up us from the airport and transport safely to the hotel. Pick up time was wery long over one your and random pick up was not nice. There was no luggage storage, which disappointed us :(

Excellent location if you wanna visit Oakwood Plaza Shopping area, by walking there about 3 minutes. Breakfast was super good. Hotel was clean, bed was good and there was lots of different geckos and lizzards in the swiming pool area, no harm about them, but nice to watch.

Great Location for the Airport with Free Shuttle
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

This Hotel was a great Location for Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Aiport and operated a free shuttle bus. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

I liked the front desk staff, they were super friendly,...
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The maid service😒 they rarely cleaned the room to its capacity and always short on towels but they were also friendly so I'll definitely be back.

I liked the front desk staff, they were super friendly, hospitable and helpful. They're AMAZING

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Probably won't do it again
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The 300.00 hold placed on my card. Which places me in overdraft for a 100 dollar room

I requested extra pillows and toiletries. But that didn't happen

Room was clean
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They did not release my 250.00 on my card as promised after Check out....am very piseed...front desk clerk LIED to me...could not use my card at the airport..that was embarrassing...paid cash for everything.

Room was clean

expectional.

my trip was tooo short and hotel shuttle should be able to take you a little further.

i like the staff the breakfast and also the fact that its so close to shopping mall .

It was EXCELLENT, COMFORTABLE, ENJOYABLE and RELAXING.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

I don't have any dislikes about the Hotel.

I really appreciated that my room was cleaned everyday and I was upgraded to a suite instead of a standard room, compliments of Sarah, the Manager. I really appreciate how Sarah accommodated me and made me feel so welcome and comfortable.

If you are traveling with kids this location is great as the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

If you are traveling with kids this location is great as the oakwood plaza is right next door. The movies, arcade and many different shopping can be done in the area.

The staff are very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could improve a bit. A little more variety would be good.The pillows could be better quality

The staff are very friendly. The cookies at the front desk are a plus.

The only good thing was continental breakfast at the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They were painting the whole entire floor where I had to sniff paint for a whole day ended up with allergies and my 14yr old has asthma. I’m very very disappointed. They never offer a room exchange or anything like that.

The only good thing was continental breakfast at the facility and some staff members.

I want my refund
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets wasn’t clean the pool have all over Lizards runing around we told the manger and he said he would clean the pool and put something so the lizards won’t come I understand there is one or two but not 20 runing around near my son it touched him and they didn’t do anything and he got scared and he just never swim anymore and we got gross so we don’t even enjoy the pool we seat in the room for two days it was very disappointed I don’t recommend anyone to seat in this hotel

They're renovating 5th floor, we got a room there and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They're renovating 5th floor, we got a room there and couldn't sleep because of the smell of fresh paint. While going out to eat breakfast we felt like in the middle of building site - there were workers all the way to elevators paining, polishing and sealing. Ask for different floor!

We were booked for 3 nights, total should have been $534.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We were booked for 3 nights, total should have been $534.24 for the 3 nights, we have a flight delay and arrived the next day, Manager said that they would not charge us for the night as we did call and advise. Bill was $547.84 for 2 nights? Pool was not available, under construction.

Your front desk staff are truly the BEST I have seen and...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Your front desk staff are truly the BEST I have seen and enjoyed ever. Sarah and Ana... wer over the top in their customer service and attention to detail.

Love Hamptons but this was not my best experience with them
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I found a coachran in the first room and that room.was next to rhe parking and almost next to the lobby and the drapes were not functioning well so I could be seen from the out site. After all that Im still waiting for my deposit of 250.00 extra to be liberated from my master card...even that there was nothing broke, to keep the deposit it from.the Hamptons. They also said they need Booking to pay them first.

The second room 120, they gave me was amazing. They had option to use the pool of the hotel next to becuase of a problem with the one in the Hamptons. Good customer service..nice.people. They upgrated without extra cost becuase of what I was so insatisfy with my first room.and the coachran found it..pls.see the pic.

Too expensive to be so “meh”.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Shower was just a slow dribble and there was no tub. Interior of the room and hallways needs update. Oatmeal at breakfast was sticky and tasted like glue.

The staff was so pleasant. Check in easy and swift. Beds and linens generous and crisp.

For the time we were there, the stay was medicore at best.
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

The room smelled old and moldy, we had to call to get our towels since the maids skipped our room, they charged $150.00 incidental fees on 2 different cards, they were only supposed to charge one card.

Quick check-in and the breakfast was delicious

o k for a short stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

NoRefrigerator no microwave no heater in bath why was I charged a third party booking fee when I called the motel direct to make my reservation?

Probably wouldn't stay here again
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Hotel is very outdated. Room was very small and the property was wedged in between two other hotels. Room needed updating and did not look very clean. Very disappointing for a Hampton Inn

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Not up to Hampton Inn standards. I would not pay this price to stay here again.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The room was in need of upgrade. I always stay in Hampton Inns and this was by far the worse. The room was no way worth the $267 I had to pay. I would never had payed this much money to stay here if I knew the condition of the room. This was definately not up to Hampton standards.

The staff was friendly.

Staff was great from the shuttle drivers to the girl that...

We had an early flight and breakfast was set up but not quite ready until 6

Staff was great from the shuttle drivers to the girl that checked us in! Very friendly!

Everything was excellent. Let me mention this ladies: Sarah and Taylor.
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was excellent. Let me mention this ladies: Sarah and Taylor they are super employees knowledge, kind, always smile, resolve if you have any problem or question. I give a 10 or the highest score. Thank you

MY STAY WAS FABULOUS!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

THE COFFEE AND HOT WATER AT TIMES WAS NOT VERY HOT IN THE MORNINGS.

I LOVE THE FRIENDLINESS OF YOUR STAFF ESPECIALLY THE LADIES AT THE FRONT DESK ARIEL WAS THE BEST, VERY VERY HELPFUL AND PROFESSIONAL. THE FOOD WAS GREAT, OVERALL MY STAY WAS FABULOUS.!

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

Thank you for making our stay comfortable! We really appreciated the attention and service!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Iron in room was broken - but staff had it replaced in 10 minutes!

Hotel shuttle picked us up from the airport. Yay! They checked us into our room at 9am with no extra cost! Yay! We were able to take a nap after our red-eye flight! They recommended an excellent restaurant for dinner! Cuban, Yum! All of the staff that we encountered were excellent!

I would stay again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool needs more taken care of. the area is very clean but the water needs more care.

It was my second time staying at the Hampton, I choosed it because the first time I was on vacation and it was great, my second visit, I wanted to stay there because my son had surgery and wanted him to get some rest, some peace and quiet, So we went straight from the hospital to the Hotel, The first night was good. But with my luck, they were testing the alarms the next day and so much for Peace and quiet and rest. But other than the alarm noise it is a great Hotel. and I would recommend it to family and friends. Thanks

Not a good hotel. Although friendly staff and nice free airport shuttle
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Old furniture and worm down room - some of the furniture were broken, like the dresser. Not completely clean so didn’t dare to use the shower. No mini bar. I saw some bugs. Air condition very noicy and old.

Friendly straff and free AirPort shuttle

It served the purpose
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I thought i had booked a suite with a microwave. There was a smell on our floor and in our room. The toilet stopped up twice. This hotel needs to be renovated.

The bed was comfortable. The people who work there are Awesome!

Okay stay!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I did'nt like the fact that the washer and dryers are $2 to use when they should be free with the price of the rooms. Offer tokens or something for the washer and dryers instead of nickle and diming the guest.

Overall, the hotel was okay. I didn't utilize the dining facility during my stay. The cleaning staff are really friendly. There is the convenience of retail shops within walking distance of the hotel... Kmart, Big Lots, grocery store, Home Depot, etc.

The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was terrible. They kept running out of hot food. The eggs were not cooked and the coffee was always cold.

The room was very nice, clean, and comfortable. I like the hotel offered complementary WiFi

I will never stay here again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I selected this hotel because they advertised free shuttle service to area restaurants. When asked about the shuttle, we were told that they were busy and it was only a short 15 minute walk to the area restaurants. The walk took nearly 25 minutes in hot, humid weather. Called the hotel when we wanted to return and was informed again that the shuttles were busy, another 25 minute walk back in the dark. Upon arriving back at the hotel, both shuttles were parked with the drivers sitting in them sleeping.

Finding a cockroach in our room.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Finding a cockroach in our room. The staff were great about it and moved us quickly and had someone spray room. They couldn't do anything about a better deal for what we went through.

Convenient to my needs.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Night desk staff mocked my need for directions to find shuttle. When he repeated them he used a disparaging tone of voice. He gave me a weird look when I asked for a second bottle of water for my husband. And when I walked down to lobby later I saw him hanging up the phone and literally cursing the person under his breath that he had just said go goodbye to.

Morning desk staff awesome. Good variety of food for breakfast and good store near front desk.

?
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff stole my package and lied about it, the hotel handled it very poorly and I have yet to receive compensation for this debacle.

Location is good and ideal to various shops and restaurants, Keisha was very helpful!

Otherwise it was great
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I didn't like how they say they don't take cash only credit card and on line when I book stated that I could have paid by cash when I check in what would have happen if I didn't had a credit card they wouldn't check me in

The breakfasts was good the stay in general was great. My family really had a wonderful time there

Great vacation location
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Changes made credit card only for payment of rooms and washing in the laundery room had children and needed to wash.

The property is being enhanced by a shopping mall across the road i understand and burlington coat factory coming soon i hope this will not effect the hotels in the area prices no increases.

Good location close to I-95, comfortable bed.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a large family reunion group staying at the hotel. Staff did a good job keeping the breakfast area stocked. The room was a nice size and the bed was comfortable. I would stay here again on my way to board a cruise ship in Miami. Location was close to I-95 and access was easy.

Horrible
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

It was not the same quality as any hampton inn. Poor management too. One day they forgot to put clean towels and tried to call front desk, buttons not working. Called from my phone and they asked me to go downstairs and get my own towels. Next day they didnt clean the room at all. When I complained, the front desk answer "I was not here today during the day" And he didn't call anyone or said we will clean it, nothing.

Unremarkable
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No fridge or microwave, washing machine on guest laundry not working, pool in shade till noon,

Comfie bed and pillows, many restaurants s and businesses in walking distance, helpful staff

Love the accommodations. It was a really good price and would book again in the future.
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

I wish there were 2 bedroom suites.

I was really impress with the facility. Clean, convenient to nice shopping areas. The staff was friend, kind, accommodating.I will definitely stay here again.

6.0
    Overall stay was not what I expected from a hampton inn...

Stated up above

Overall stay was not what I expected from a hampton inn usually hamptoninn are clean and rooms are clean bathrooms need a total renovation, makeover the hotel is old, but in reality I can not fault the staff that works there, management needs to do something quick before they loose all their business I was their for my sisters wedding. And we checked into our room on the 5th floor bedbugs and hair in the bed!!!! We had to immediately check out and we checked into the Hyatt hotel which was however pleasantly comfortable during our stay in Hollywood florida. this hotel this hampton needs an upgrade and total makeover.

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

Staff was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was very nice. It was conveniently located to fast food and stores and we were able to make arrangements for shuttle to Cruise terminal at hotel. I will stay at this hotel for our next cruise.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

I really like the service staff, the ones who clean the...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When I first arrived, I gave my name at the front desk and Shane at the front desk said that I didn't have a reservation, my heart dropped. I said that I always stay at this Hampton Inn, but he kept asking me, are you sure you reserved this location. I asked him to please check again and again he said that he doesn't see my name, so I spelled my name and then he said oh, here it is. He really should of asked me how to spell my name from the start instead of insisting that i had the wrong location. All that was fine, but then he didn't even apologize for his mistake, I'm not sure why they have someone like Shane at the front desk, he has very popr customer service skills. The rest of the weekend, all the other front desk staff were so cheery and friendly, Shane didn't even greet people in a friendly manner at all, it seemed as though he didn't even wanna be there.

I really like the service staff, the ones who clean the rooms. Everytine we walked by them, they are so polite, very nice and friendly.

Had problems with bathroom plumbing it dripped and would.
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Had problems with bathroom plumbing it dripped and would. It turn off. Also I had specifically reserved a room with bath and when I arrived it had no bath. Front desk resolved

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Good location to airport.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel is sorely in need of a facelift. The room has large stains on the floor. Furniture has scratches, lights in hallway had broken glass.

Good location to airport.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Loved this hotel!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast, no eggs, no bacon or sausage. Only French toast and Canadian bacon in the hot section.

Staff was excellent! Provided me with early check-in and I arrived much earlier than I expected to. Room was very nice, very comfortable and very clean

• Reviewed: 18 February 2017

Great place to stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Gym was just OKAY. No moderate weights or very importantly either a foam roller or just as important a trigger point mini ball. These are important after a flight as help circulation.

Staff were amazingly friendly and helpful, with a great welcome. The breakfast was complete and fresh. The room was quite and comfortable. With good amenities.

• Reviewed: 10 February 2017

Good location for cruisers
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel could have provided distilled water for guests who use CPAP machines.

location close to airport & Port Everglades. Shuttle from airport to hotel included.

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Front desk very friendly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No communication between front desk and housekeeping. We had later checkout , but housekeeping keeps open ours room without knocking 3 times. Smokers around the pool .

Front desk very friendly.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2016

Find somewhere else to stay!
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Run down and below standandard for this brand. Only one elevator working. The second one has been out of service for over 2 weeks according to the staff. Dirty carpets. Terrible breakfast with chemically tasting uneatable eggs. Made our family feel like we were staying at a very cheap motel. Would never stay there again!

Front staff was pleasant.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2016

Rude and disappointing
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The staff was very rude, even though I book 2 rooms together and noted that we were a family of 5 traveling together they were still going to put us on different floors, it was like no one read request. The checkout agent at 5 am was so rude and refused to give me a receipt not even clearing bill, I want to confirm that there were no charges to the room especially since on top of the 2 room rates they hold 100 dollars on you card. Even though the hold was fine that was not communicated at the time of booking. I won't be visiting this hotel again and I will make sure to stay away from this hotel chain altogether.

The location is close to the highway and airport, plenty of places to eat, a casino in walking distance. Coffee and tea readily avaliable

• Reviewed: 1 December 2016

The suite atmosphere of the hotel was excellent.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

I thought in general the hotel was overpriced. However, I'm sure if was a function of the season.

The suite atmosphere of the hotel was excellent. The breakfast and the general environment was very good.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Good Customer Service
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

The shower could have been cleaned better, there was hair in the shower from whomever stayed there before us. The first room we checked into had a horrible smell. However, the front desk immediately offered to move us to a different room that thankfully did not have any kind of odor.

The bed was comfortable. The front desk staff was very nice!! And helpful, good customer service! This location was walking distance to several places to eat as well as shop. The shuttle service was quick and had a pleasant, friendly driver.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Room wasnt cleaned properly.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Room wasnt cleaned properly. As such I got sick.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Everything.

Everything.... checking in was a breeze...

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

The location very good
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Found roach in my room, furniture need dusting, and carpet is dirty.

The location very good

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Shower pressure was not good

Shower pressure was not good

Exelente
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

El desayuno deveria ser mas variado.

I love the location, and the suite is very comfort.

Very clean very comfortable and very satisfactory

No tissues in bathroom

It could have been better for the amount of money I spent
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The housekeeping staff never got to our room until after 5:00pm we always had to ask for fresh towels n the bed was never fixed properly

I was able to rest after a long day in a firm bed. Accommodations is very good.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was firm and was able to get a good night rest. The breakfast was good and the staff was very nice and helpful.

Everything was perfect is my 3rd time in this hotel and...
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was perfect is my 3rd time in this hotel and honestly is one of the best to go with family

Availability to have suite

Availability to have suite

The comfortability of the room made our vacation stay outstanding.

NA

The room was great and exactly what I booked. The breakfast was great and the staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Location was good , room very clean and staff great

Location was good , room very clean and staff great

The breakfast

One particular maid lazy

The breakfast

Clean comfy and pleasant
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Lot of construction and traffic

Shuttle from airport was convenient and there is a mall within walking distance

One of the best
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Coffee maker didn’t work. Everything thing else was fantastic!!

Staff were amazing!!!

Staff were super friendly
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There was a blue light on the ac unit was bright I had to cover it with a towel

Staff were super friendly

Post cruise stay near airport

A bit of wear and tear

Location to airport and pool

Only for one day transfer to/from airport or cruise port
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Location, “old” rooms, very close to your windows you find balcony of the attached hotel

Staff

Don’t be too cheap if you gonna charge customers high rates atlist do some good quality job

Nothing really

It look really old and it smelled bad and the staff was stoned af

Bed for comfortable
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

Had to call several times to get shuttle from airport to hotel

Bed for comfortable

Close to strip mall with restaurants.
    • One-Bedroom Double Suite - Non-Smoking

Close to strip mall with restaurants. Free shuttle to hotel Room was spacious Good breakfast

The desk staff was exceptional 🎉
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The location was a little sketchy and far from any restaurants and decent shopping

The desk staff was exceptional 🎉

dont plan a the shuttle to get you there
    • Deluxe King Room - Non-Smoking

your shuttle service is the worst

The pool was nice, the room was clean