Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-Bush Intercontinental Airport 3 stars

#105 of 407 hotels in Houston

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Refreshing Stay.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

As it is close to the airport it is a little bit noisy, but nothing that can be disturbing.

Clean, big bedrooms, nice fitness center. Quick check in and check out, nice hot breakfast. And I just love the small treat to go. Great location, near to the airport.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Exceptional treatment and value. Great location near airport and gas stations.

No issues for us.

Clean room and efficient staff. We arrived late and the night clerk was exceptionally attentive. Room was beyond expectations, especially the bathroom and shower.

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Nice hotel, close to airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Somewhat noisy due to location close to airport. Internet security was not up to par, so I was unable to access certain internet functions that required a secure connection.

Nice hotel, close to airport. Good breakfast.

The location to Houston Airport was excellent!

Unfortunately, this location was under construction. Lots of banging and noise but the staff was very accommodating and offered goodies bags upon check-in!

The location to Houston Airport was excellent!

The staff was awesome - attentive, friendly, professional.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice to have been notified before arriving that the front lobby/breakfast area was under renovation. As a result the business center and fitness center were closed. Those are two reasons why we chose this hotel. The ladies at the front desk were kind and printed a document for us though. I hated seeing plastic sheets hanging from everywhere and the smell as you entered was bothersome. I do appreciate they are making upgrades but had I known, I would have chosen another location.

The staff was awesome - attentive, friendly, professional. The room was clean.

Tell guests about renovation BEFORE they check in!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I wish the property would have let it be known that they were under renovation. There was only one elevator working, no bathroom available downstairs during check-in. after a long car ride my son needed to go to the restroom and of course there was not one available. We had to wait to be checked in before he could proceed to the bathroom in the room. The hotel smelled like plaster and caulk. the walkway from reception to elevator was blocked due to renovation. Their rooms should have been much cheaper due to this renovation.

Front Desk was very nice.

Hard to rate a hotel under rennovation, but security was not maintained

The hotel staff refused to give me a receipt because i had booked with booing.com......said another way, the lady on the desk when i checked out could not be bothered to do her job....that was a turn off

it is really hard to assess the hotel objectively. I needed an emergency hotel, and they had a room available...that was good. The hotel was under renovation, so it is really hard to say how the hotel will be. I was in an renovated wing--it was old and tired. That is to be expected. The one thing that bothered me was the fact that a secure door had the lock mechanism taken out--so anyone who knew about this could have entered the hotel undetected. It is good to renovate. It is not good to remove security.

Great staff, clean, comfortable and affordable.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Hampton Inn and Suites. The staff were polite, courteous and went above and beyond to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Despite the hotel not having a laundry facility for guests, a hotel staff went above and beyond and washed my child's blanket so that he could sleep with it that night. There were warm freshly baked cookies at the service desk which I thought was a delightful added touch. The hotel shuttle even stopped at a restaurant for us to pick up some food. It was immaculately clean even though they were going through renovation. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

No shuttle after midnight. $20 for a taxi.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We arrived too late for the free shuttle, paid $20 for a taxi, and left too early for breakfast. By contrast, another place we stayed prepared a breakfast to go for our early morning departure.

Very clean, no issues with room.

I didn't like that we were told we had transportation...
    • Non-Smoking King Study

I didn't like that we were told we had transportation set up for our flight the next morning and when we got down stairs in the morning we had no transportation waiting. We then had to make other arrangements quickly.

Beautiful, nice, great place to stay.
    • Non-Smoking Studio Suite

I really don't have anything negative to say and there really wasn't anything we didn't like.

The room was great and everyone there was very friendly and helpful. I will and have recommended your hotel to everyone I see. Thank you very much !!

Lovely stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hotel was being renovated at the time of our stay. You could hear planes taking off as you were beginning to sleep. Bring earplugs!

Fantastic, helpful and friendly staff. Everett even made my mom a pot of decaf coffee fresh in our evening. She was delighted. Wonderful breakfast that included "healthy" options

Wonderful place for an overnight stopover!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bedding was particularly comfortable, including feather pillows. The complimentary breakfast was also great - I really enjoyed the Texas-shaped waffles.

Although the hotel is undergoing a renovation it did not...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Although the hotel is undergoing a renovation it did not affect our stay, the room although dated is a good size with a decent bathroom and the wifi is very good. The draw back is the noise from the air conditioning unit and air traffic noise.

Stay was pleasant but was not to my expectations or standards, would only recomnd if on a budget,

The room was out dated, hallway and room has a stinch, renovation was loud, very close to airport so the plane noise was expected, but overall not a romantic spot if your trying to be romantic 🤨🤨🤨

Staff was great

a necessary stay which was pleasant, enhanced by very courteous and friendly staff
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

did hear construction drilling above me at 7:30 a.m. but understand they were renovating

asked for another room which was out of the air traffic noise---1st room seemed "dingier", and did not smell clean, 2nd room was pleasant and felt clean

Convenient to airport but even so, I don't think I'd stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This hotel is currently undergoing construction work, so it is very noisy. It is also directly under flight path for Houston airport (even noisier). AC in the room was wonky; either too cold and loud or not woking at all.

Nice to have a swimming pool so that two little boys could burn off energy before the next long flight! Staff at the hotel are all very nice and helpful. When the AC stopped working in our room, a repair person was there to fix it in minutes.

Very very disappointing due to lack of quality control the toilet working is essential.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I awoke at 06.45 and needed the toilet , I discovered that the toilet didn’t flush. I’d done no 2’s as a result of the toilet blockage there was faeces swimming around the bathroom floor as I tried my utmost to plunge the toilet. The night guy who was on was impertinent and after me calling for help knocked on the door and thrust a plunger in my hand. I’d asked for gloves but he didn’t provide any. I tried to unblock the toilet as the maintenance man hadn’t arrived yet.

Great value for the price.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

we missed the breakfast time. It is nice to have a restaurant on property, which this property did not have. The rooms were very comfortable.

Staffs willingness to please. There was an error in our shuttle arrangements to take us back to the airport and staff made extra efforts to successfully get us there as promised.

Great value- all I need!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a complaint but I recognise it is at the budget end of the Hilton range so it is not luxurious.great

The included breakfast, plentiful and lots of variety.

Spacious room and very comfortable bed.

Ensure that the hotel has the correct terminal when they are picking you up from the airport!

Spacious room and very comfortable bed. Tea/coffee making facility in room. Breakfast fairly basic but OK.

Convenient airport hotel with good facilities

Nothing to dislike about the stay

Good location, very close to airport and rental return. A short walk to a selection of places for an evening meal. Friendly and helpful staff and a good choice for breakfast

Had a very early check-out so no comment on the breakfast. But free hotel shuttle works perfect.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No location nearby to eat something except fast food. The elevator is a bit old. Carpets on the floor make it difficult to pull suitcases but it silences the sound. Bath tub is not always easy for showering.

That it was very close to the airport. Staff were very helpfull.

A very comfortable clean room. No cafe and nothing available to eat - not great!

There was no cafe and no restaurants nearby. I arrived alone in the evening and had nothing to eat. Staff were not particularly knowledgeable or helpful about what was available nearby.

Great option near by airport.

Everything was fine.

Friendly staff especially, Amryn and CJ were very kind and helpful, breakfast is good and they have a food service for the evening, room was clean and comfortable, shuttle service is good and accurate.

Our stay, while short, was all we could hope for.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

The staff, most especially Eric at the front desk, was extremely helpful, professional and courteous. Eric went above and beyond to ensure our family was comfortable and taken care of. When I phoned the hotel upon our arrival into IAH, Eric answered, told me exactly where the shuttle would pick us up, and took down my phone number in case the driver was delayed. I would recommend this facility to ANYONE who is traveling and needs a place to stay near the airport. Complimentary airport shuttle? Unheard of in this day and age.

Hampton gave great service, close to airport and comfortable + Free Wifi.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I didn't like the noisy air conditioning and there was no double glazing which was a little bit noisy. Otherwise the hotel was great.

The staff made the difference, they all went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and comfortable. The shuttle from and to the airport was fantastic and Happy Hour was great after a weary day. I would certainly stay again if I am in Houston.

Consistently excellent stays at Hampton

All good.

Room has excellent amenities, well-organized and functional, plenty of space and storage, comfortable bed. Staff (particularly Amryn, who checked us in) was quite friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good, with good variety and fresh. We consistently have good experiences with Hampton.

Good location, didn't like the paper plates.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast involved disposable paper plates, disposable cutlery, disposable coffee cups. The hotel must generate enormous amounts of trash and I don't like that.

I used the business center and the printer actually worked!

It felt great to come to such a comfortable place after a...

I liked it all

It felt great to come to such a comfortable place after a long trip. The breakfast was delicious. The best part was the price. I had never book such a great hotel t such a low price.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

Close to the Airport, an Easy Stay when Traveling Through Houston
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The breakfast could have been a bit better. There were hard boiled eggs, scrambled "fake" eggs, sausage, bread products and cereals. The fruit selection was not extensive or fresh.

This hotel is very close to the Houston Airport and is much more reasonably priced than the Marriott right at the airport. The shuttle was relatively quick in picking us up, and we had no problems taking it back the following morning. Our hotel room was clean and everything I would expect at this price point. I would stay here again when traveling through Houston.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

Don't deceive your guests!!!

We had a challenge with transportation, we had a party of nine and were told that transportation to the airport the following morning would be no problem. The problem is other people need a ride also and when you have nine people you need the entire van. they had booked a few people in the van every half hour so there was never enough room for all of us and what was available put us divided into two groups an hour apart . They then stepped up and offered taxi's to the airport as a group and they would pay the cost. The next morning they said no need for taxis they had it all set. We went outside only to see A van that clearly did not have enough room for all of us and then proceeded to say they've told another van driver to turn around to come back and get us. That did not happen, one group took off to the airport while the other group waited for the van not to return. The first van dropped off and came back and the driver was excellent but that wasn't the point we were now divided 30 minutes apart. they clearly did not want to pay for the taxis. This was a big mistake very deceptive move and because of that unfortunately I cannot stay at a Hampton Inn again just on principle alone .

As always the Hampton Inn is pretty consistent being well-maintained, nice enough, Good amenities, comfortable room and free breakfast. I have stayed at many and For the price it is always a good bet and most seem to be well maintained.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

I have additional charges on my credit card that have not...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I have additional charges on my credit card that have not been explained to me and my friends and I did not use anything at the hotel that warrants additional charges. I am very confused and when checking out there was no print out of charges or anything to indicate where those charges are from. Additionally, I am Canadian and they don't have an email to contact them and I would prefer not to get additional long distance charges to deal with the other charges.

• Reviewed: 15 January 2017

Comfortable Stay Near IAH
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

It is not the hotels fault since the location is so close to the airport there is quite a bit of plane noise throughout the evening and early morning. I just use earplugs.

Spacious room, warm chocolate chip cookie at check in, helpful staff,variety of hot and cold items for continental breakfast, location close to IAH airport, many restaurants within walking distance. Good mattresses.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Beware of room charges

The receptionist was rude when I pointed out to him he had over charged and requested for a receipt upon checking out. I was charged USD 106.14 instead of USD 75.60 plus 17% tax ( USD 88.45) as stated in the booking. I am yet to receive the refund.

Shuttle service was good. They gave me a bigger room when I told them my room's heater was not working. I left at 5 a.m., and was given a pack breakfast.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

shuttle from airport picked us up promptly
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

dining options within walking distance from hotel were limited and fast food only

shuttle from airport picked us up promptly warm cookies greeted us at check in

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Great place to stop over to get refreshed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff very friendly and helpful. Nothing was a problem for them. Bed was very comfortable and lovely to fall into after flying for 14 hours. A bonus to have the free shuttle to and from airport.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

one night stand; convenient and helpful

the pillows were not comfy. And, the breakfast was terrible...powdered eggs maybe? bacon was raw...horrible

They had a shuttle from the airport which was great. The driver was super nice in the morning. A nice woman:)

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

The hotel served its purpose to be close to the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The facility is dated and needs to be renovated. I did not like the damage deposit that was automatically added on. It took over a week for the charge to come off my credit card.

Close to the airport. The breakfast was good but not great.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Not bad.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was sub par - not a lot of fresh fruit and other choices. Wifi quality was poor and very slow. The sound proofing could be better - lots of airplane noise early morning.

Clean rooms. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2016

**STAY HERE** we loved it

Cant fault this place, loved it!

Excellent room, staff are outstanding... all of them!! great breakfast, coffee, cookies all complimentary. free luggage hold!! close to airport, free transfers!! will be returning!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Far exceeded my expectations
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was exceptionally friendly, especially our morning shuttle driver. Breakfast was delicious.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Unwanted guest

A stranger used a key card and walked in on me and my husband and there was no microwave

The size of the room. it was clean.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

IAH

Lack of evening refreshments

Recent rennovation

We only were there for a short stay overnight but it was excellent! Will use the hotel again.

There was nothing we didn't like at the Hotel...excellent facility.

Convenient location, clean and absolutely beautiful

Convenient location, clean and absolutely beautiful

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

Optimum Airport Hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clode to airport, shuttle service to airport, clean amd organised hotel

Hampton Properties always a good stay.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We weren't told of construction at the Hotel upon booking.

My experience was wonderful and I would love to stay here again when in Houston..
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast spread could have been much better.

Everything else - the ambience, the courteous and ever helpful staff, the rooms, etc.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Road/plane noise

Close to the airport plus shuttle

awesome
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

breakfast was great and room very clean

Guest rooms are very nice.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Lobby and breakfast area were under construction

Guest rooms are very nice.

Clean, fantastic bathroom and perfect location!

Odd parking

Clean, fantastic bathroom and perfect location!

We were happy to stay at the hotel.

We like everything.

Hotel was 5 minutes away from the airport and shuttle...

Hotel was 5 minutes away from the airport and shuttle service was good

Overall it was fine. Just needed a place to stay close to the airport that had a shuttle bus.

The tile floor was dirty,sticky feeling. And the room was warm even at the coldest temperature possible.

I like the location and the shower.

Water flow out of the bathroom was good

There was no iron in the room

Water flow out of the bathroom was good

I would stay again and tell others it’s goid!

Nothing I can think of.

Friendly people; good food and clean hotel. Good shuttle service to airport.

Good location and clean
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Rooms very good comfart and clean

McLovin it
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Very friendly staff and the bed slept awesome

Spent 1 night between flights.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Spent 1 night between flights. Very good breakfast and transfer to airport.

Great breakfast, nice and clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Better sound proofing for the rooms as airport is close by you can hear the planes

Great breakfast, nice and clean

I was so comfo

nothing it was all awesome!!

Loved the staff, room and the breakfast

We were there for just a few hours overnight but we were impressed.

It was all good

Nice room

We enjoyed our stay!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Breakfast, great!! We all slept perfect.

Good experience

Very friendly personnel and room are quite roomy bed is comfortable

We contacted the hotel via Bookings.

We contacted the hotel via Bookings.com to ensure that there would be an airport pick-up. There was none!

It was a nice stay but could have been better with more accurate information beforehand about room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fridge or microwave in the room

The customer Service

Adequate for one night layover from airport, fix the water pressure and noisy air conditioner

NO water pressure and VERY noisy air conditioner.

Room was clean, breakfast good and staff friendly. Good shuttle service from and to airport.

Friendly and accommodating staff made the one-night stay before an early flight a relaxing exriemce.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No place to hang things, no closet.v

Cookies for guests were great!

Disappointed

Dirty bathroom. Sticky floor, lighting didn’t work in the bathroom, gungy shower, wallpaper coming off.

Breakfast didn’t open early enough for us to eat.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast didn’t open early enough for us to eat.

Professional staff.