Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Jackson Coliseum 3 stars

320 Greymont Avenue, Jackson, MS 39202, USA

#13 of 28 hotels in Jackson

Nice clean place to stay with a great breakfast. Friendly folks.
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Pool was really not in good condition. :(

Folks were really nice here. Room was extra clean! Close to the interstate and easy to find. Whataburger right across the street! Good stuff.

The breakfast was delicious with a variety of foods each...

The pillows were too soft. I did manage to arrange one of them so that it didn't sink in too low.

The breakfast was delicious with a variety of foods each morning. Very clean and comfortable. It was quiet, easy to get in and out of the parking lot, and was located across the street from where the conference was. Overall, I would recommend it to others.

Great service, clean facility, plush bed and awesome breakfast!

The bed was so soft and comfortable, I wanted to take it home with me! Very friendly staff, and breakfast exceeded my expectations! We will definitely stay at this Hampton again!

Beautiful place
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The only problem I experienced was a television issue but was taken care of.

The staff was amazing. Breakfast good. The location was great for me. A wonderful experience.

My stay was very comfortable and enjoyable
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The hotel was pretty pricey to me just for a two-day stay but I guess I have to take into consideration that the hotel is located in the downtown area.

Everything was great. The place was clean even through all the remodeling. The room was very comfortable. And breakfast was excellent. Keep up the good work. I really enjoy my stay.

With the construction going on, I think it was pretty decent.
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

There was only 1 sink in the room without any kitchen amenities but a kitchen countertop which was weird! We thought there was at least a kitchen sink and something to cook with. The staff could be a little more friendly, they were mostly away from the counter in the lobby where we needed to wait quite some time before being attended to.

Spacious suite

Lobby was a mess due to rehab.

Lobby was a mess due to rehab. I understand there is construction but the eating area was full of flies. The plastic was not secure over the missing windows.

I probably will not stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Reconstruction in progress, strong paint smell that stirred up my allergies. Very small single garbage can didn’t get emptied, room didn’t get cleaned.

Friendly staff, good location

Mediocre

Hotel was under renovations - we should have been advised before booking. Front desk refused to give us a copy of the room bill or charges. We were told that they cannot generate either when booking is through a third party such as Bookings.com

Bed was fine. Breakfast was OK

We arrived to Jackson very late in the night, but had to...

We arrived to Jackson very late in the night, but had to spend almost two hours at the front desk waiting for a clerk to check us in. Moreover, the hotel lobby was undergoing serious renovation and looked more like a construction site than a hotel operated under Hilton brand.

Can't say enough about the staff...they really were awesome. Smiling faces makes you feel so welcome
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Our room didn't have a small fridge, it wasn't a problem, but would have been a nice addition. I didn't care for the area too much, not a lot around to take the kids to (that we saw anyway).

The breakfast was better than most hotels I've visited (more hearty) and Waffles!! The coffee was always fresh. Room/beds were nice and clean. The staff was what really made our stay the most pleasant. They were SUPER friendly, helpful, hard working and ready to please. Also being an evacuee, being able to bring our dogs was such a relief (we just couldn't leave them behind!) I was impressed by how well hotel worked around remodelling, I know that's not easy, but it didn't cause any issues with our stay. The fact that the rates weren't expensive says a lot. So many hotels in the path for evacuees were raised really high, which is unfair for people who don't have a lot of money/hadn't planned on leaving their homes and work. This hotel was definitely fair on prices...I have more respect for them for that! If we are ever in the area again or passing through, we will be booking there again!

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great.
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

There was construction being conducted on the roof of the hotel that you could hear from the room. The room did not have a kitchen.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was great.

Most concerned with the safety at this property.

Most concerned with the safety at this property. It's a high crime area and I was worried. Heard gunshots that evening and was told they happened just down the block st a shell station. I was just uneasy, but the room was very comfortable.

A great hotel!

i do not have much complaint. If anything, I was a little disappointed that there wasn't a minifridge or microwave in the room, but I was able to find a microwave for use in the lobby.

i had a fabulous stay here when I was passing through. The hotel staff is friendly, and the facilities are very nice. There is a good hot/cold complimentary breakfast and an all day coffee/tea station. Nice outdoor pool. Everything was very clean. My room was very spacious and comfortable.

Until I left, I had a great stay. It is unfortunate that in the end, I had such a bad experience.

I left an electronic item. I contacted the hotel within 3 hours upon realizing I had left it. I knew right where I left it. I was given the run around. They did not return calls, passed me from one person to the other, and I was repeatedly told the manager was not there or too busy. I kept having to call back even though I was told each time that they would call me. The item was clearly stolen and no one ever tried to ameliorate the situation. I was treated by the staff with a shrug of the shoulders. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone.

Breakfast buffet was ok, but nothing special.

Ongoing renovations, they had what sounded like a jackhammer going for several hours off and on. More on than off. The noise was so loud I couldn't rest or listen to music or TV. I called about the noise and complained, I was told that the renovations started at 9 am. Had I known it was going to be that noisy we would never have booked for 2 nights. The room was pretty clean but the lobby and the hallways were dirty. There were signs left on the floor. The whole hotel smelled old and musty. I would say I would never stay there again. I don't think they will get rid of that smell. In general, not a good choice of a place to stay.

Breakfast buffet was ok, but nothing special. They ran out of coffee.

Great Hampton Inn just needs fine tuning
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Apparently they were remodeling and my room was not completely finished. Also on you website it stated that you could pay at check in but they would not let us change credit cards. Food was not good and they were out of juices.

It's a Hampton nice decor comfortable beds, great Hilton stay.

Sub Par Hampton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They could have cleaned the bathroom. The toilet had pee marks, a used bar of soap was on the soap dish in addition to a washcloth. The toilet paper holder was on the floor, hair was all over the shower walls. The breakfast options were limited.

Dirty hotel
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Grounds were dirty. The elevator was filthy. The ice maker didn't work on our floor. The pool was so old, no towels out at pool. The surrounding area was in poor condition. I wouldn't stay here again. The breakfast was limited selection, poor quality. We have recently stayed at 2 other Hamptons and they were outstanding, skip this location.

The room was renovated.

Good value for price
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

They were remodeling but that's a process so it was acceptable! Our room had been redone

Bed and shower were AWESOME. Staff at front desk friendly and helpful

aLTHOUGH the room had the flaws that i MENTIONED, THE STAY WASNT BAD, IT WAS FAIR
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The hotel was undergoing renovation with a leaking pipe under the bathroom sink. The air-conditioning unit was not working with a wire hanging, which was a safety hazard especially for kids. We didn't have a table in our dining area of suite, and it seems that it should have a sink in kitchenette. The clothes rod in closet in bedroom had felled down on closet floor.

I CAME FOR MY GRADUATION, WHICH WAS VERY CLOSE AND CONVIENIENT to the coliseum were it was held. We had a very nice spacious suite.

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

It was uncomfortable, unclean, and
    • King Suite - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The bathroom wasn't clean. the room was for handicapped people and in the bathroom, it didn't have a seal on the floor to keep the shower water from flooding the entire bathroom so I had to soak up the water with all the towels. it also smelled like urine. i found a bar of soap stuck in one of the paper cupsit also only had one bedside table, no fridge, no microwave and the closet door had to be manipulated in order to open and close it. also the door was very hard to close. it had to be slammed in order to shut properly. I wouldn't have even stayed if it hadn't had the extra lock from inside the room. I have to go to Jackson every month for a day or 2 and I have stayed in several hotels and that was the worst stay I have ever had. it is under renovation so there was lots of noise between 9am and 6pm and lots of building materials in the parking lot. I hope once they redo everything it will be a more pleasant place to stay but unless someone learns how to clean the room, I doubt I will stay there again. I have stayed in much cleaner places for less than what I payed for this room. Very disappointing.

The only thing I liked was the clerk who checked me in.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

The staff was very friendly and and helpful and very...

Construction containers made it hard to park. The facility is in need of restoration so I glad to see it was taking place. The pillows did not smell fresh and matress was not as nice as other Hamptons Inns that I have stayed in.

The staff was very friendly and and helpful and very professional! Any time you walked near a staff member you were greeted personably!

I will never stay there again.

No fridge or microwave in the room. The staff had a poor attitude. There was a leak in the roof, water puddles on the floor. Construction containers everywhere.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Nice Stay. Nice Location
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I did not like that there was no food at the hotel other than breakfast.

I liked that it was in such a central location and in walking distance to several main areas.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

GREAT ROOMS.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was charged 130.00 on card i reserved rõõm with. Receptionist ran card, it declined. My account shows payment pending at 139.00. I päid with my bank card which i was then charged 179.00. If you can check this i would appreciate it. As i suffer Anexity and depression. This has laused great STRESS.

All was with the hotel and staff.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Repairs Needec
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

Carpet/room smells of ordor; sink water not draining, stopper broken from lift handle; ice cold air blows from heating vent, had to cover it with blanket

Breakfast; staff R

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The hotel was not well kept and it wasn't worth the money. I didn't like this Hampton
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I didn't like this Hampton Inn at all. I've stayed at several Haamptons and this one was the worst for the cost of the room. It should have been cheaper. The cost was 139.00 and it was not worth it. I would not stay here or recommend it to any one.

Pretty decent place
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds weren't terrible but they weren't great in the comfortable department

I liked that the staff was helpful and friendly and that it was walking distance from the fair grounds!

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

Perfect Coliseum right next door
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

THE BREAKFAST WAS HOT DELICIOUS 6AM the staff was friendly funny perfect Came for Trump rally right next door coliseum perfect trip put next to elevator sgl sr citizen alone felt very safe

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

The location, price and breakfast was nice.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was nice but had no fridge or microwave. Also no second roll of toilet paper and the bulb missing from lamp next to the bed

The location, price and breakfast was nice. The staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

Never been to Jackson, MS
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff when I called were rude. They made it sound like I was interrupting them and I was dumb because I was repeating what they were saying because I was repeating for my husband who was driving and I was making sure I heard it correctly due to the road.

Availability and location to places to eat late at night when we arrived

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

Very nice and exceptionally quite.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Eggs a little salty for my taste. Would be nice to have biscuits and gravy.

I arrived very late but had called ahead and on arriving the clerk was on duty and very friendly. My room was clean and I found no issues. Breakfast was hot and plenty available for all guests.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

Night club shootings next door
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

There is a night club next door called The Mansion. I awoke to shots being fired during a shooting at the night club (check local news WAPT for July 30, 2016). The windows of the rooms face the night club placing you and your family at additional risk. No one should have to drag their children out of bed and have them take cover on the floor at 2 am. Locals say it is not an uncommon occurrence. Had I known this I NEVER would have booked a room here especially with children in tow. I would highly recommend you not book here or at the Hilton Inn next door. It's sad because the hotel is otherwise great, but this one factor ruins it.

The staff was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable. There is a security guard in the parking lot and you must be buzzed in by the front desk at night due to local crime in the area. 😳

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Great Place!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Nothing. Was a great place to stay.

Beds were very comfortable. Neutrogena soap and shampoo/conditioner were great. I typically use that brand at home all of the time. Antonett (SP?) did a great job checking me in. Very courteous/professional. Very efficient. Give her a raise! A few minutes after you have had time to get up to your room you get a courtesy call to ensure that all is well with the room.

• Reviewed: 20 July 2016

Friendly and Clean Stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The location around the hotel has worn down. Road into hotel is full of deep holes. Jackson needs to improve their downtown. This would help with this hotels reviews and is nothing that the hotel can do. This is a city problem.

The staff was cheerful and helpful. We received a courtesy call that asked if all was well with our room. Pool looked clean and several people were enjoying it. Many restaurants in walking distance from hotel. Breakfast was good. I enjoyed eggs with biscuits and gravy YUM! Always like having fresh fruit and yogurt. The staff lady doing the buffet was very pleasant.

Did not like the fact of not working with me on refund but...

Don't worry

Did not like the fact of not working with me on refund but that's ok never again you corporate office will be in touch

overall good except for pool condition
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The pool was green and yuckey

Staff was wonderful

Okay stay)

The breakfast was ok

The rooms were clean and nice.

Over charged
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The property was nice but they charged me way more than what booking.com said it was. So watch your cards when go here.

Overall , very satisfied! Would recommend highly!

The comforter on the bed was beautiful and clean but too thick, got hot and turned air down

Staff friendly, comfortable bed and room very clean

It was a very nice stay will stay again in the future.

The remodeling at the time of arrival a surprise.

You have a good area stores eating places close by walking distance.

Good

Na

Na

The people

Nothing to do near by. For being in the Capital of MS

The people

Awesome stay

Cleanliness

Kitchen did not have a stove only a microwave.
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Kitchen did not have a stove only a microwave.

Had to wait at front desk to long before clerk came out and...

Had to wait at front desk to long before clerk came out and when I left she couldn't give me a receipt and still don't have one

Overnight stay on the way home from vacation
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No tv or Wi-Fi due to storm that came through. No offer to take anything off of our bill for the inconvenience.

It was untidy around the pool area

It was untidy around the pool area

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Nice clean hotel

Roads around the hotel need work

Rooms were recently renovated.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

Everything, it was perfect.

Everything, it was perfect.

• Reviewed: 6 April 2017

Renovation work in progress

Renovation work in progress

• Reviewed: 30 March 2017

The breakfast was great!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was great! The building and parking were not good..

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

6.0
    Ok but don't like the heavy comforter.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The comfort was too heavy to sleep comfortably. I had to yes the sheet only and it was too cold. Need to have a light blanket option.

• Reviewed: 19 January 2017

Good hotel not too far from town.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very friendly staff, nice hot breakfast, short drive to town and attractions.

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Hey, very thing was good.

The breakfast could been better, I guess.

I really liked the location and rooms great

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Lovely place worth the money

No remote for television

Bed comfortable

• Reviewed: 12 November 2016

On the one full day I stayed at this hotel, I left...

On the one full day I stayed at this hotel, I left mid-morning and returned in late afternoon and my room had not be cleaned. Just sayin'.

• Reviewed: 8 November 2016

Location and breakfast

Leaving

Location and breakfast

The staff was very nice and helpful. They deserve an up to date hotel to work in.
    • Double Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Up date the room. The furniture looked old.

The food was good. The room looked dated.

• Reviewed: 19 October 2016

There needs to be more trash can in the rooms, we had only...

O

There needs to be more trash can in the rooms, we had only one small trash can.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2016

Very comfortable stay

Staff were lovely, location was OK and the room was large and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was nice and the free internet was fast.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

A little dated but wonderful experience overall!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The water took a long time before it got warm.

Friendly staff

• Reviewed: 16 September 2016

Will stay their again.

Very thing was good

Very clean nice staff nice room

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Convenient.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was just okay. Luggage carts were terrible. Elevators were dirty and a little jerky.

Beds were comfortable but not the pillows.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

No refrigerator or microwave
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Smoking

No refrigerator or microwave

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

great stay
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Staff was nice and the beds were very good sleepers. It was clean and breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

It was ok

The noise, the train woke me twice

The bed

• Reviewed: 28 July 2016

Loud in the lobby due to groups of people checking out late!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Loud in lobby bathroom was not truly clean

Loud in the lobby due to groups of people checking out late!

• Reviewed: 12 April 2016

The room itself was really nice!

I didn't like the location; the roads were absolutely terrible. There were many nearby food options

The room itself was really nice! The staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: 5 April 2016

Beds and plenty of room in the room

We first booked the double queen room but there was no refrigerator . I stay at Hamptons all the time probably 8 times a year and this is the first time a standard did not have a refrigerator .

Beds and plenty of room in the room

• Reviewed: 21 October 2015

The staff went out of their way to assist me with my Hilton...

The hotel wasn't the cleanest. I also stayed at the Vicksburg location which offered a mini fridge and microwave in the room. The price was cheaper also....not a good value for what you get.

The staff went out of their way to assist me with my Hilton Honors program points.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2015

Super nice staff.

Whatever is used to "freshen" the air makes me cough. But that's true of most motel chains. The hotel is directly across the street from the State Fair grounds. With the fair in full swing, the traffic was outrageous. If they could call about the credit card, they could have told me to expect 30 minutes to go 3 blocks.

Super nice staff. However, after booking on line, someone from the hotel called for my credit card. I never give such information to someone who calls me.

There are also 54 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.