Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Airport 2 stars

13551 Airport Court, Jacksonville, FL 32218, USA

#5 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

Being that it was so hot and muggy the room was cool, the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room key did not work when I first tried it. I had to go back to the front desk to get them to reset it. However the front desk person was very friendly and helpful.

Being that it was so hot and muggy the room was cool, the air conditioner worked amazingly.

Never again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Dirty room (found peanut on floor) smelled musty, dry blood on sink vanity, filthy bathroom tub and floor, clogged sink, smelly dirty elevator, smelled like pot in hall

Great location. Easy access to the interstate and restaurants. Friendly staff. I enjoyed my stay.

The Breakfast could have more selections.

The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The furniture were updated. Very quiet at night and peaceful sleep. The coffee was great.

Great stay

It was a nice hotel. Just some noise from the slamming doors when they close. And the elevator floors were wet from people going in and out of the pool. They need to add blackout curtains.

The hot breakfast was great, so was the fresh fruit and pastries and cold juices. The to go bag with fruit, juice & pastry was a nice touch. The room was very comfortable and clean. The hotel is located a couple miles from a major shopping center with lots of places to eat and shop. It's close to the airport but I didn't hear any noise from airplanes. It's just off the interstate giving easy access to downtown.

We just stayed overnight, but everything was great.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator door opening the other way, light switch in bathroom, rather than outside.

The staff were more than accommodating. Booking.com did not book us appropriately, and they resolved the issue with great kindness and efficiency.

I expected more from a Hampton. I've heard good things about them but after this experience, I won't

The pillows were horrible, room floor was dirty, bathroom toilet lid was left up and when we put the seat down, it had urine stains on it, the shower also had melted soap scum and hairs in it. We had to go down and get stuff to clean our own room because house keeping wasn't available.

The bed was comfortable

later breakfast on weekends. we got up too late, both Fri, and Sat. to take advantage of it.

When Booking.com messed up my reservations I made 2 weeks in advance, with family coming in from 4 different cities around the state, the staff was great and found a way to resolve it. Now, if Booking.com will be as good at refunding my 2nd room I paid for twice, I'll be happy.

Great stay, excellent staff, good location.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Room was clean and comfortable. Kayla at the front desk was excellent. She was very warm and welcoming at check in and the days after. She went above and beyond to make sure our check in process was simply and smooth.

Nice! would stay again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nice place to stop for an overnight trip. Only stayed one night, but it was very nice. I loved that that had "brown bags" set up for breakfast for those of us on the go, who couldn't sit and enjoy breakfast.

Terrible
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Walls far too thin. Could actualky hear the pee coming out of the body of the woman next door. Then followed a lengthy argument between her and her husband all night of which I was forced to hear every single word. No sleep. Poorly constructed building. Hated it.

The opaque curtains were not real and couldn’t close.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The opaque curtains were not real and couldn’t close. The translucent curtains were really translucent and if one light was open people could see inside the room.🙁

Overall liked the location, the cleanliness and friendliness of the facility.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I think they charge too much for use of the washer and dryer.

Breakfast was excellent. Had enough variety for anyones wants. Loved that coffee was always available, all day. Room was clean and neat, bed was very comfortable.

great, except for the shower problem
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

The shower head was fine the first day. After the cleaners came through it was loose and flopping around and impossible to shower with. I reported it in the morning and late that night after the cleaners came through, it was still loose and dangling. I decided to fix it myself so I could take a shower.

The staff at the front counter were great!

Excellent room, very friendly staff, super breakfast and all for a very reasonable price.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Our dissatisfaction was with the restaurant nothing to do with Hampton Inn and Suites.

We loved the fact Longhorns was within walking distance as this is a favourite of ours. Unfortunately, this particular branch wasn’t as good as the others we’ve visited.

Would stay here again
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom wasn't over dirty but could have been cleaned a little better. One of the side doors was broken. Had a sign to pull up on the lever but could never get it open. No big deal though.

Staff, comfort, and location.

PERFECT!

Nothing negative to report

1) very friendly & helpful staff 2) great parking 3) 10% off restaurant coupons 4) very clean rooms 5) hd TV with HBO 6) spacious rooms 7) were given a choice of room floors 8) very convenient to Interstate 95 9) great breakfast. 10) numerous usb charging ports 11) quiet 12) numerous dining and shopping options close ny

awful
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Cleanliness of the room and hotel staff was rude and told me that I brought the bed bugs to the hotel. Bug bites and all! I didn’t have a way to upload tge video of the bed bugs. Because I booked through a third party the hotel dismissed my concern with 2000 points and would not refund my money.

I would say if you are interested in only friendly and clean that it was a good place.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The handicapped room (314) was okay but the need for a walk-in shower was important and I was under the impression that it was included. The breakfast was okay but I would have expected more. We stayed at the Hilton Gardens nearby another time and their breakfast was awesome.

The bed was comfy. Good location to the airport.. The facility was clean and well maintained.

It was ok
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bathroom felt like it was old and falling apart. Really disappointed in the breakfast. Didn’t have fruit. Oatmeal was super dry and no good options for gluten free.

Bed was comfortable. Glad it had fridge and microwave

The room was smaller than we anticipated.

See above

The room was smaller than we anticipated. My husband is in a wheelchair after he takes his prosthetic leg off, and it was very difficult for him to move around the room in the wheelchair. As far as genius perks, I was not aware of any.

I stayed here after Hurricane Irma.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was after Hurricane Irma, and the room smelled damp. But it was tolerable under the circumstances.

The staff was great. The room was very clean & the location was very convenient.

It was a very good visit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much room for the kids and no play area on site. This would be a hit for families, such as a game or play area.

The room was kind of tight for a family of 4, no space for the children. But after being without power for 6 days following hurricane Irma, the clean room, nice bed and quietness was appreciated.

Nice room but breakfast was not
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was not good. The Canadian bacon was paper thin, and the juice was so watered down that it tasted like water.

The beds were very comfy. The rooms were very clean. The linen and towels were clean and plush.

JackHotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It's the first time that I ask in invoice to an Hotel and refuse to give it to me as they said that I'd use booking.com so I should ask the invoice to Booking.com

The location was perfect for me as I had a training on the same road.

Rest, Relax, Rejuvenate

I have no complaints.

After traveling back down home to FL for 15 plus hours and staying in a not-so-nice hotel on the way up to NC, it was a wonderful stay.

Over all it was a nice visit
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just need to check behind the housekeepers....

It was good customer service and really nice breakfast. Just my first room was not clean but the change my room with no problems

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

I will give them 100%.

I like everything about the property most of all I like the breakfast they have different selection every morning fresh fruits everything was just wonderful with the breakfast

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Great hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I requested a printed receipt when I booked the hotel and upon checking out I asked if the receipt was available and the woman at the front desk said there won't any receipt and she can not print one for me. She then said that booking.com would send one for me via email. I'm still to get that email.

Home Suite Home

I had no complaints.

I always try to book the Hampton Inn because of the lovely breakfast and the always accommodating coffee. The staff is always welcoming, friendly and more than happy to assist you with anything you need. I feel so fuzzy😀

A friendly, comfortable place to stay for a day or more.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

French toast sticks were dry and very chewy, not like french toast should be.

Staff was very helpful when it appeared that I had left my keys in the room after checking out.

Good airport value

Shuttle timing

Very quiet, clean and good beds and pillows. I had a very early flight and they gave me a breakfast bag to go. Allow a bit of extra time for the airport shuttle as mine was 15 min later than scheduled. There's a Ruby Tuesday and steakhouse out the front door and rooms have lots of outlets for devices plus microwaves and fridges.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

more then just an airport hotel !
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

stayed there for 2 days - staff was great breakfast was great coffee and tea available at all times - it is also located near some good restaurants so you can go out and eat. a great airport hotel.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Stress free final day of vacation

Everything was great

Everyone was fantastic, Jacob Thompson , g. We returned our rental car and called the hotel and the shuttle picked us up within 5 minutes. The location of the hotel was superb, close to the airport and restaurants within close walking distance for us to get dinner. There breakfast was great, all sorts of food which was complimentary. We would give this a definite 5 star rating.

• Reviewed: 21 February 2017

A comfortable and efficient stop-over for travellers in transit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The accommodation of breakfast in the lounge is adequate, but the atmosphere is functional. There appears to be no easy transport to downtown Jacksonville. The environment is a hotel-strip surrounded by a recent business estate - neatly designed and planted, but without interest.

The hotel is well-placed for the airport and offers an efficient transport service for arriving passengers. It is well presented; the room was comfortable, well equipped and spacious. The staff are pleasant to deal with. Breakfast choices are good.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2017

Always consistently good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was as we expected...no complaints!

We like Hampton Inns because they are consistently clean, comfortable, and provide a nice breakfast. The coffee and tea are available throughout the day. This HI had a platter of warm chocolate chip cookies, too!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

This is the best one comparing with other hotels I have been.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

too short to stay here.

Very clean, very comfort, response quickly to any request, I felt to stay at home. Particularly, there is a wonderful and professional team with the best manager.Excellent management and caring and concern the resident

• Reviewed: 7 December 2016

The comforter on the bed was the bomb!

Very sad selection of breakfast items. I was extremely disappointed. Scrambled eggs, cheese topped bagels and "lunch meat" ham that was warmed up?? Where's the bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy?? Very disappointing. YES, there were waffles,toast, fruit but really?

The comforter on the bed was the bomb!

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

The beds was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The ceiling had places that needed painting and one of the beds the fitted sheet did not cover the mattress completely because i could see the bare mattress at the head of the bed.The room was not what i expected, but nothing i could not live with for one night. I always had better rooms.

The beds was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

The breakfast was very nice.

The bed, though it looked very nice, definitely needs a new mattress. Especially on one side there was deep rut which was very uncomfortable. Also, I don't like the coverlet, it is much too heavy and difficult to use.

The breakfast was very nice. I enjoyed the chaise in my room--very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

The room was clean and nice.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was only 1 front desk clerk when i checked in at 5 pm.. So i had to wait about 15 minutes. Also the carpet by the elevator both on the ground, and my room floor had multiple old stains.

The room was clean and nice.

• Reviewed: 27 August 2016

Two long time best friends, met after tragic times in our...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Two long time best friends, met after tragic times in our lives. Beautiful reunion. We will meet up at least 3 times a year. Great girl time, with convenient shopping, dining ( both with-in walking range), movie theater. Beach is near by. Not far from Jacksonville river front, and St. Mary's, GA. river front. It's "Our Happy Place"

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

Convient,Comfy and Friendly!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hampton Inn sign at the entrance road should be on the left rather than right side of the road. We went to the wrong hotel and were told that it happens often

Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Hotel was quiet and convient to the places and things that we wanted to do

• Reviewed: 24 July 2016

The bed sheets were very comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sheets were very comfortable. The room was always set to a nice temperature and the hotel was kept clean and organized. The staff was so friendly! Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Nice hotel if you want to stay in a walk in freezer!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed was too soft. Was told by mgr that all beds the same in hotel, so no firmer beds in entire hotel. Besides hotel was 100% booked that wkend. Couldn't find a setting in the room a/c that didn't make room like a freezer-actually had to turn it off! But that's better than room too warm.

All of the staff were friendly, even the overnite people. Room was clean.

• Reviewed: 16 July 2016

Hampton Inn

The bed was terrible!

Everyone was very helpful. We could leave our car there while on vacation. There was a charge, of course, but it was only $20.00. The room was great, and it was close to the airport. There was a shuttle to take us to our flight.

Jacksonville
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The room was smaller than expected

The pool was warm

Stayed at this hotel overnight to board our cruise ship the next day. The stay was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were spacious and comfortable and hotel was conveniently located.

The facility

The breakfast.

The facility

Great hotel
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Clean hotel, great staff, and good breakfast!

Good, Comfortable

Short but very comfortablr
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was a dirty wash cloth on shower bar.

I really enjoyed my stay.

Hotel and staff were wonderful 5🌟

staff

Wonderful!

Everything! Staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Breakfast good,

Staff was friendly and accommodating.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not to much around, but the airport

Staff was friendly and accommodating. Kayla was just wonderful, and so helpful. She should be a manager.

I was very happy with my stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bed sleep like fluffy clouds.the place was well lite and the staff was friendly.I was very pleased

Property met our expectation
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

unpleasant oder in the dining area. Needs ionizing

Friendliness of staff

Clean and great location

Clean and great location

Nice location for travelers

Jacuzzi was out of order

Not impress

Staff not friendly

Bed was good

Staff very polite and helpful.

Noise from hallways late night. No other issues.

Staff very polite and helpful. Room was clean and comfortable.

Avarage
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I was expecting good breakfast as I saw some of good reviews about it. However it was just average, because there was no bacon / sausage

Good stay for price.

My only complaint was that the bed was very uncomfortable.

Very clean. Breakfast was awesome. Staff very friendly and accommodating.

We were very pleased with our stay at the Hampton Inn.

. . .

Breakfast was very acceptable; the beds were comfortable!

I like everything, everyone was professional, knowledgeabe.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I like everything, everyone was professional, knowledgeabe.

Great!

Liked everything

Didn't eat breakfast or had any coffee.

The location near the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location near the airport. Very easy to get to if you are coming from out of town.

Overall, my stay was good.
    • Queen Suite with Two Queen Beds - Mobility/Hearing Access - Non-Smoking

Bathroom shower needs to be updated with shower doors and not curtains. Carpet had a few spots.

Good location, friendly staff.

Bathroom neesds improvement.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The toilet bowl wasn't clean. The seat wasn't raised so the area beneath could be cleaned.

It was a good breakfast, and yes the eggs were great!

We prefer suites to a room, but that is just us!

It was a good breakfast, and yes the eggs were great!

Would not stay in again want a higher end facility

Bed uncomfortable

Close to area we were meeting friends overnight

Wonderful
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Waffles, bacon, eggs and oatmeal

If we had a question the staff was able to answer it and all...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If we had a question the staff was able to answer it and all staff was very friendly.

Beds was comfortalbe