Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Jacksonville-Southside Blvd-Deerwood Pk 3 stars

4415 Southside Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32216, USA

#7 of 109 hotels in Jacksonville

Placement of toilet in this little cubby in the bathroom... not very comfortable for plus size people!!

All day coffee/water in lobby. Oatmeal was great!! Details like breakfast on the run packed and ready at the front desk!

Boisterous party around fire pit until well after 3am, why is the fire pit open until such an hour? Basically, had a sleepless, miserable. Won’t be back and will relate my negative experience with friends.

Location, breakfast.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

No big deal but the view was ok because we were on the street level and we didn't come to look out the window.

The oatmeal was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

They ran out of all protein sources at breakfast Sunday. There was still an hour left and I and several others were just out of luck

Great mattress. Room was well decorated with a relaxing modern color scheme. Loved extras like bottles water in cooler by check in desk free for guests and fire pit outside

The breakfast sucked. I'm a country girl so I love grits , which they didn't have. The breakfast could of been a lot better.

Its quiet , clean , && every staff was amazing. The facility looks just like the pictures. Great location by many restaurants. I would book again.

The only issue I had was with the refrigerator. It wasn’t working so I gave it a little kick and it started up. It got noisy in the middle of the night and stopped working again but I wasn’t using it so It was okay.

Everything was clean and comfortable. The staff were pleasant and accommodating. We had four rooms with 1 to 5 people including children in each room and we were all comfortable. Outside fire pit was nice too! We were there for my Mom’s birthday and it worked out great.

Parking around the side of the building, breakfast could have tasted better.

The bed was awesome, the room was very nice, I loved the decor, everyone is so nice, food had a variety, I loved check out time, I love breakfast time...

• Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

This was my second time staying here and because I enjoyed my first stay so much I ignored the fact that my room wasn’t ready when I arrived. Considering I only waited about 10 minuets. HOWEVER this time I literally had to wait an hour to check into my room. While I sat and watched at least 10 other guest walk immediately to their rooms. Then after waiting an hour I was asked if I had been helped. This will be my last stay here. I do not tolerate being treated second rate regardless of the reason!

The phone was not working and we would have to wait until the morning to get it fixed, at which point we were checking out. The hotel was on the noisy side.

The front desk attendant, I believe his name is Corey (works the 3pm to 11pm shift) was very friendly and professional. He went over and beyond--coming to our room to fix the television.

No view :(. I love to sit outside and read during my down time. There were 2 rocking chairs right at the entrance. It would have been nice to have a shaded area outside, away from the pool, with rockers and tables.

Very clean and quiet. The bed was very comfy and the towels were soft. Staff was very friendly. The breakfast offered a great variety of options and the food was good and fresh. I didn't use the pool but it looked very nice and well maintained. I liked that there was a coffee maker in the room and parking was free. It is very convenient to restaurants, the CVS, and Dunkin Donuts!

• King Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

My only grip was the pillows. They weren’t the worst but certainly not the best.

I needed a “Staycation” so I thought I’d try to spot out. I was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean very spacious (I booked the King Suite with Spa Tub) the bathroom was indeed my favorite place. The jet tub was amazing with my bath bombs from Lush. It was quite I felt like I was the only one in the hotel. It was so close to so many restaurants I just walked to dinner and back. Definitely considering this to be my staple getaway place.

• King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

My rate was incorrect, they agent at the desk did work with me to correct it the best she could.

The bed was very comfortable and the jacuzzi tub gave some much needed relief.

The breakfast included waffles everyday which is a treat. There were many other options as well. Joe was helpful and the other staff was friendly. The beds are comfortable. There is also a laundry area for patrons. It is in a fantastic area of town. Pets are allowed but it doesn't smell like it at all.

The mixed fruit for breakfast seemed a little old. The bananas were black and appeared to be rotten. The base board in the bathroom was damaged.

The staff was great.

All good!

We enjoyed having fresh coffee available in the lobby and the snack bar for purchases 24/7. The up to date flat screen TV in our room and Direct TV channels access were very accommodating. The beds were very comfortable, too. We came to Jacksonville for a friend of the family's funeral and felt comfortable relaxing at this hotel afterwards.

The Water Leak From The Facets in the Tube And The Sausages Was Over Cooked A Little But That Could Be Fix But Everything Else Was Great I would Stay There Again

It Was Very Nice Very Very Nice

The gym was in a completely separate building

They allowed our dog during Hurricane Irma. They kept the coffee fresh, very attentive and heloful to all restless guest during the hurricane.

They should have more of a selection for breakfast, but the waffles always came out good.

Everyone was friendly, the room was clean and the bed was comfy. It was home away from home!

Breakfast was different daily was a nice change, not always the same items but always had the waffle makers :) food area clean, refilled and food kept warm. Accommodations were good. We traveled w/ 2 large dogs and their crates. Had plenty of room for that and no issues having our dogs. Overall we loved it, we wish we could take that hotel with us every city we travel :)

Everything was pleasant. The beds were very comfortable. The place looked very nice, staff was super friendly. I was able to relax at the fire pit. Wonderful vacation.

I was not aware when I booked this room that this is a hotel that caters to guests with pets. We quit staying at cheaper hotel chains for that very reason. I have stayed @ many Hampton Inns and this is the first one I have stayed at that allows pets. (Apparently, at this particular hotel, you can bring as many pets as you like and since no fees are charged and no registration is required there aren't any "no pets" rooms available for guests who prefer to not sleep in rooms where pets are allowed.)

Good location. Breakfast was great. Nice pool and fire pit area.

• King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The shower had mold/mildew in the corners. It was also barely big enough to hold one person. It was uncomfortable trying to shower with your elbows hitting the wall and your feet in mildew.

The bed was amazing, the carpet was clean, and the whirlpool tub was big enough to fit two people. The towels were beautifully folded in a cute little shelf above the toilet and were super soft. Each towel had a wash rag, and there were even a couple hand/face towels.

Staff needs to communicate better. I had to remind them we didnt have a shower curtain and I had to remind them our AC went out because staff did not commumicate.

We didn't get the room we reserved at first. Front desk said never to book with 3rd party. Room did not have a shower curtain-waited 2 hours for one. Next day we moved rooms but then the A/C went out-had to move to another room (same size as the first room). Water fountain and TV outside did not work. Patio umbrella flew off the patio table with a gust of wind and almost hit someone.Guests took it out the bush and layed it down. First floor smelled like sewer all five days. Front desk tried to address most the issues but it was an inconvenience moving rooms 3 times in 5 days.

They give me room at most at 5:00pm a was there at 12:00 pm and saying check inn at 3:00 they give at 4:30 but another person yes they giving there room ,,,one day of me staying they'd not clean me room,,on kitchen the person on charge was mad you asked for more and him answer is coming every day eggs with potatoes.. eggs with ham... eggs with beacon...only two items for eggs on me home... I come with family we reserved 5 rooms and 2 of rooms they go to Fairfield inn hotel next to Hilton why because the staff was on desk despot one of speak Spanish you ask for towels you have on you room.. if I on pool we tried to stay another day but..we came back because they do not take a minute to to check they saying we not have rooms not even check on computer for the 3rooms really I don't recommend Hilton to no body stars🌟 for you 3 stars

The carpet in the room was outdated...made the room smell a little musty.

Friendly and attentive staff! The room had 2 queen beds that were very comfortable. Bathroom was up to date. Great breakfast buffet! Walking distance to several restaurants.

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

The beaksfast was ok. Only one meat offer and we had to cook our own grits

The bed was big and soft. The bed was very comfortable. The coffee was delicious. The staff was nice and understanding. Our toilet seat broke so they gave us some of our money back!! I also like the hotel was close to everything: beach, bars, shopping center, and restaurants!!!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very nice and the front in staff was great🤗🤗🤗🤗

I had a problem with the bed not being made but the staff made at very good effort to correct the problem and had the room clean that night and reimburse my day stay for the inconveniences 😄

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff was very unfriendly, unwelcoming, & inhospitable. Borderline rude. I never understand why people choose jobs in the service industry that don't want to serve people. This hotel has gotten the last of my money.

Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was nice & well stocked. Housekeeping staff I encountered was very polite & friendly. Awesome location convenient to everything.

• Reviewed: 29 April 2017

Couldn't find a negative this trip

Everything. Restaurants are within walking distance. Rooms are clean. Staff is very courteous and friendly. Music in the lobby was awesome--wanted to sing along. Coffee in the lobby is always good at Hampton Inn.

I can't say ....I really loved everything about this hotel!

The hotel was beautiful! The patio with waterfall was so relaxing and the pool refreshing! Breakfast was good as well!

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Well our experience wasn't perfect. Our air conditioning was broken and so we had to repack everything to move into another room. The type of room we had was a studio style room. The setup of this style here is poor only because the air conditioning in all these rooms are blowing totally opposite of the bed. Therefore we slept in a pool of sweat every night.

The room was extra clean. The bed was extra comfortable and the staff was on point. The breakfast is also a major plus. We had the luxury of serval restaurants,bars,gyms,and other entertainment.

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

The hotel was nice, but the room we had seemed to have some type of machine or fan on (We were on the top floor). You could only hear it from inside the room. It was extremely loud and actually vibrated the bed. My family could not sleep!

• Reviewed: 1 February 2017

All was great!

The convenience of the location. Walking distance to movie theater, fast food, restaurants and shopping! Staff was excellent. Friendly and willing to help. Loved it❣

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

• King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The room was very clean and spacious The bed was so comfortable it was like sleeping on a cloud, the staff was very friendly, I just wish we had time for breakfast

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

the beds were wonderful. staff courteous and helpful. the breakfast was not on par with similar hotels I have stayed in within the last year. location is superb.

Cold water coming from tap; curtains inneed of repair; better instructions for use ofremote; hard water vs soft water; better selection for breakfast as one of our party has a gluton allergy-unable to eat hardlyanything.

Closeness to what we wanted to do.

The hot breakfast selection could have been better

Got there around 11am and our rooms weren't ready yet because the the ppl who were in ithem the night before had just checked out. Sherri at the front desk asked housekeeping to start on our rooms asap since we were there and had been on the road all night. One hour later our rooms were ready and we checked in and got to rest before going downtown. There are plenty of places to eat within walking distance which is a great plus!!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

Offering a better breakfast selection. Complimentary drinking water would have been nice. Also, cinnamon at the coffee bar.

Staff was very professional and friendly!!

• Reviewed: 12 December 2016

Bed frame was protruding out from box spring causing an injury to my leg

Staff was helpful when I injured my leg on bed frame. Mgr did not charge me for my overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2016

My only complaint is that the night we stayed the hotel was booked. We arrived later that night and their was no parking left except for a back secluded lot. Their were lights for that area but none were on. The lot was pitch black and would be very unsafe for someone traveling alone. The hotel next door has a back parking lot also but it was completely lit up. That is where we chose to park instead. Other than that our stay was nice.

The room was clean and everyone was nice and helpful.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

One elevator was broke so had very long waits. And people at the fire pit were drinking and VERY loud from about midnight to 2 am. Called front desk to complain, didn't help any.

Room was clean.

wifi. sometimes poor.

pretty much everything about this hotel is spot on. My stay was during Hurricane Mathew and there was an sudden influx of people from the coast and still the staff coped with everything to a high standard.

There's nothing I didn't like about it

I loved everything about this hotel, my husband adviced me to never stay at another hotel if it isn't Hampton lol. I wanted to move there

• Reviewed: 31 August 2016

They lost our reservation and charged us 3 rooms instead of 2...no response via email, on the phone they said they are not able to see what went wrong...worst service ever!

Rooms, Building and location

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

Elevators are slow and only two

The room was clean, and we had super cute notes on our headboards. Pool was clean, gym was nice. Breakfast was great BACON and a egg omelets Omg so good. Staff was nice and all smiles. And a non smoking Hotel

• Reviewed: 19 July 2016

• King Suite with Spa Bath- Non-Smoking

I was sitting by fire pit, smoking and drinking beers, when i was told too go to my room by security! I did nothing wrong! Kids in sitting area said i looked creepy! I wont be back! I was a paying guest and you tell me that! Stupid

Room was wonderful

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Room - Disability Access with Tub - Non-Smoking

Our room wasnt ready when we arrived, even we arrived approx 17.00 and check in time is 15.00. We have to wait 30minutes to our room was ready. Also internet connection was crappy, lots of deconnecting issues. Breakfast unhealthy, but i think thats all over us same .

Very clean and nice hotel. Nice area, with lots of restaurants.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I got charged $20.00 extra and the front desk associate didn't know for what...

breakfast

The bed wasn’t comfortable

The staff was friendly and helpful

The Atmosphere I felt safe secure. The Staff very Professional and Helpful. Beautiful Breakfast spread very clean facility

Comfort of the bed

Everything about my stay at this hotel was remarkable. I would definitely stay here again.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Very clean, comfortable, and friendly hotel.

Clean

The fact that my credit card was charged for my stay, a week before we got to Jacksonville.😡

The over all stay was great.

The housekeeping did not remove my dirty lundry from room or the bed. We do not like to be on floor with dogs.

Everything was amazing

Very clean felt like home away from home

I thought the breakfast was horrible on Sunday morning. But much better on Monday morning.

• King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

The room set up seemed outdated and the carpet needed to be deep cleaned or replaced.

The tub was huge.

I think breakfast could have been better. Not a wide variety. There was no bacon, sausage or grits.

Rooms were super clean!

Front desk worker was a little rude

• King Studio with Spa Bath - Non-Smoking

That there was no bacon for breakfast. BAACCOONN!!! (FMOSC :itzjcyadig)

Everything, everything, and oh yehhh everything !

na

na

• King Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Can't go wrong with Hampton Inn...

n/a

Bed & pillows super comfy, staff was very nice and friendly

The Suites were very small. The pics were kinda misleading

Amazing bathtub!

Everything, just great!!!

Luke warm coffee in afternoon. Dirty elevator

Nice staff

Would have liked small keurig in room.

Close to everything, comfortable beds, staff friendly.

No complaints

The location was excellent,the cleanliness of the hotel just a great experience the staff was very nice and helpful

No hot water

Front desk

I like that fact that we were near a lot of stuff which made it covenant.

Noise

Location...plenty of restaurants near by walking distance