Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Lancaster 3 stars

2300 West Double Play Way Drive, Lancaster, CA 93536, USA

#5 of 12 hotels in Lancaster

The room was roomy and the beds were like sleeping on clouds!
    • Queen Room

On the site it said 30.2 miles to Sixflags. It was longer than that, it took us a little over an hour to get there.

The room was roomy and the beds were like sleeping on clouds!!

Very enjoyable and very friendly staff.
    • Queen Room

Can’t think of anything we didn’t like.

A very comfortable bed, and we really appreciated that the breakfast hours were from 6:00 am until 10:00 am. Most chains only offer breakfast until 9:00 which can be rough when traveling with children or just when you would like to enjoy a less than hectic morning.

I was happy to leave.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

I did not sleep well. no light weight blanket was provided, the sheet was to cold and the quilt was to warm. the pillows were hard as a rock. the window shade was very difficult to lower. The room appeared old.

Pretty good. Good parking
    • Queen Studio - Hearing Accessible

The breakfast was amazing! The beds were so comfortable! However, we had an extra person and our first two nights all the employees kept telling us they didn't have any extra blankets for our friend on the couch bed. How does a hotel not have blankets. Finally a sweet man ran up to the second floor and got us one. Otherwise, our stay was absolutely perfect.

overall I had a very good stay.
    • Queen Room

No dresser, no hooks in the the shower where you can hang wet stuff up.

Staff member Kyle, he was so help full. Even the other staff they where friendly and helpful. But when I check in all tress out Kyle was a big help. I also like the breakfast that come in handy to start your day

It was great! All the staff was friendly & the hotel was clean. We will definitely stay there again!
    • Queen Room

We really likes the breakfast buffet server on Saturday morning (I think her name was Casuela?) She was so welcoming, helpful and kind. Best waffle maker and fixings too. Yum 😋

Staff was really nice,i loved the food and also how clean...
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff was really nice,i loved the food and also how clean they keep everything,the only thing i didnt like was the slipery floor in the pool room,but other than that it was one of the best hotels ive stayed in.thank you for keeping us comfturble.

The food was good, bed was comfy, my main reason for staying...

Tub

The food was good, bed was comfy, my main reason for staying there was to celebrate my birthday and relax in a nice big bathtub. And also to bring my dear friend who is handicap along for the leisure. I booked in advance and the day I checked in there was no handicap room available. Then got up to my room to find it to be quite smaller than I was expecting, also that the bath tub (with patch /repair marks on bottom of tub and it would slowly drain out water and I was left half under water and cold.

Horrible stay

I did not like the handicap accessible room when I booked a regular king size room I also did not like that I found a cockroach in my bathroom in my room. That is very disgusting to find.

I booked a king size room when I arrived I was upgraded to a suite however the sweet was handicapped accessible. The handicap accessible rooms are not comfortable for someone who is not handicapped the water in the shower gets all over the floor and I slipped. There was also a cockroach in my room but scared me half to death. I will not stay at this hotel again normally give it a good review and I will be contacting management.

We couldn’t sleep. Because it was hot
    • Queen Room

The ac did not cool the room we were hot

The ac blew warm air all night we got hot and couldn’t sleep well. But everything else was fine. But we couldn’t get the room cooled down ugh

That there was an indoor pool my girls loved.
    • Queen Room

That even though I booked almost 2 months away from our stay. When we had to check in at 3pm we had to wait an hour before our room was ready it was a long and exhausting day..

That there was an indoor pool my girls loved.

Not impressed
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Air conditioner leaked all over floor getting some of my items soaking wet, was promised points towards my hilton honors and did not recieve them. Called the office to speak with management about issue, left my info and still have not recieved the points or even a call back. Will not stay again

Comfortable
    • Queen Room

Customer service and that we waited after three o'clock about three hrs after to get into our room. Pool had to much chlorine.

Very clean. very comfortable.

The beds were super comfortable, the staff incredibly accommodating, the amenities were great
    • Queen Room

Front desk staff such as Danielle and Brandie were a tremendous help. All staff went to great lengths to see that our needs were met by offering to store my luggage after check out and ensuring that I had something as simple as a blow dryer for my hair.

Extra large room with sitting area an extra bonus and good value for price.
    • Queen Room

Would have liked to have the bathtub and toilet areas to have grab bars, as my husband uses a walker and has balance issues. Found it difficult to get on/off the toilet and in/out shower without my assistance.

Beds are comfortable,, room is big and very clean. Liked the additional sitting area for watching TV and reading.

To sum up my review this hotel will be top on my list for option to stay while traveling.
    • Queen Room

The bed was extra comfy the staff very friendly. Checkin and out was fast and easy. The facility was super clean. I Also like how they remind u if u forgot anything like a toothbrush etc they offer complimentery replacements.

will probably look for another place to stay from now on. But have always liked the staff!
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access

above mentioned plus some extremely loud guests in the middle of the night that night staff seemed to not care about helping us out with!

Staff for the most part part were very nice and accommodating! Facility could be so nice, but there seemed to be many small issues--well like no elevator--no laundry. Lack of maintenance in pool area.

Once I go to the hotel, it was pleasant, comfortable, and enjoyable.
    • Queen Room

I had difficulty finding the hotel. Google took me to a vacant lot over on 15th street. It was only through calling my friend that I was able to get there. Even then, I passed it by, as there was no sign large enough to draw my attention to the hotel. As a result I was somewhat late arriving.

The breakfast was a life-saver, as I need protein in the morning! All was delicious. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, and shower "hot" and overall, the staff was friendly. It was quiet, and good sleeping.

Pleasant staff, conveniently located property
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access

There could have been more selections at breakfast.

I asked for my room to be changed (I was in a handicapped room and I am not) and it was done quickly and to make it as convenient for me as possible.

Very disappointed overall and they lacked of customer service
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

We checked in getting no info from them about anything like where and when is breakfast, where are the ice machines or common areas are and then we get to the elevator with a sign that says the pool is closed til the 27th, when we asked the clerk about the pool she had said they would give us a 15% discount, then the room is suppose to be a king size suite with a pull out sofa well it was pretty small for a suite you couldnt see the tv from both the sofa and the bed at the same time, there was no kind of dresser to put your clothes in and the closet only had 3 hangers. there were no drinking glasses in the room for you to put your ice in and there were a total of 4 towels in the room which two of them were a hand towel and washcloth and our toilet backed up twice and my husband had to plunge it and the morning after our first night we couldnt use the toilet so we had to go use the bathroom in the lobby by the pool that was closed. we were suppose to be there for 4 nights but checked out after one and then they didnt even give us the discount they said they would, we then went to the Oxford Suites and it was fabulous!

Would definitely come back again

No problems

Stuff went out of there way to tend to our needs. Customer service was amazing. Anthony, Ryan and Brittany were the ones who took care of us the whole weekend and we couldn't be more grateful.

Overall a good decent place

Wi Fi was marginal. And I was surprised, while the hotel had an indoor pool (VERY rare in my travels!) there was no hot tub! A real shame for a traveler who was looking to relax sore muscles.

Breakfast was excellent! Room was very comfortable!

I am a Best Western Rewards member so I'm glad to see a Best Western in Lancaster.

The hallways were a little warm - sweating while you're waiting for the elevator is ridiculous.

It was in a location that was convenient for us and I am a Best Western Rewards member.

I loved the breakfast buffet and the room was beautiful.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Booking.com messed up my reservation for a month later then changed my reservation to the day I was supposed to be there but I got charged twice very unhappy with that

I loved the breakfast buffet and the room was beautiful. Justin at the front office was great

Terrible time for my birthday stay.

This hotel is horrible. The fire alarm went off at 1am in the morning waking me up. My birthday was Monday went out for the day. Returned to an uncleaned room trash cans overflowing and no one cleaned it. If I could have left right then I would have. If you are on the lower floors you can hear people walking above you which keeps you up. I can go on but I don't have the time. I'd love to talk to the manager of this facility. Absolutely horrible.

Only good thing about this hotel was the free breakfast.

Needs Some Improvement
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pool was super cold and my kids couldn't stand being in there longer than ten minutes. The A/C was blasting in the indoor pool making it uncomfortably cold. The tile around the pool was slippery. I slipped several times and the kids had to walk very carefully to make sure they did not slip. Our room had two thermostats and we did not know which controlled the air. The A/C did not work, so it was humid throughout the night. We were on the third floor and the window completely opened with no screen or bars. My toddler could have fallen out. No drawers in the room. If we were staying additional nights, it would have been a burden to keep all our clothes in our bags.

The queen bed suite was nice and spacious.

Close to the stadium and freeway.

The fridge wasn't very cold. Second floor air in hallways wasn't working. The indoor Pool was gloomy and freezing, the smell from the chemicals was nauseating. Would be much better as an outside pool.

Close to the stadium and freeway. Room was clean and cozy, but would have liked a couch as well.

A good stay for the price
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

A bit more in variety on breakfast and fresh fruit

The indoor pool was cold children could not go swimming. I feel like I got cheated out of part of the amenities but not being able to use the pool

Good location near the freeway.
    • Queen Room

Uncovered parking in 3-digit heat😞. More variety of eateries/markets with vegetables and fruit. I do understand that Lancaster is in the desert.

Good location near the freeway. Good building security. Low noise factor. Housekeeping staff allowed me to sleep in.

I liked the location, the comfort of the bed and the room...
    • Queen Room

I did not like the fact that the swimming area was dangerous and not safe for children to slippery very dangerous for elderly and children

I liked the location, the comfort of the bed and the room temp

2 night stay
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything was great. We came up for a race event with a racecar in tow. Had no problems having to park it on site. Amd no one messed with it. The room was 100%. Comfy couldn't hear our neighbors.

Would definitely stay here again

No closet in the room? Did not pose a problem for me on this trip, but seemed odd.

Even though the hotel is adjacent to the freeway, the room was very, very quiet. Lots of convenient outlets for charging devices. Simple, but attractive decor. Breakfast was ample, decent quality, with a nice sunny eating area. Staff was friendly and helpful. Happily accommodated my needs for early check-in and later check-out.

Great Hotel and Staff, bizarre and confusing location.
    • Queen Room

The Breakfast staff did not monitor the scrambled eggs running low or none. I noticed a hotel guest had to ask for the staff to replenish the eggs in the serving tin. The location and roads leading to the Hotel are confusing. Signs posted on access roads stating "this way to the hotel" would help immensely. Remember; for many hotel guests this is the first time they stayed at the hotel, and the first time they had to find it!

The scrambled eggs were actually hot and tasty. Other food items were fresh too.

Nice facility, poor customer service and lacked cleanliness

The front desk individuals were not friendly. When we checked in, we didn't even get a hello or an explanation of information one would expect to get, like where to find the WiFi password, what time breakfast started, or how to find their pool/spa. The worst part was when I woke up in the morning, I found a nice size cockroach in the bathroom to greet me. UGH!

Breakfast was good and had a nice selection from cereal to oat meal to waffles and eggs. Facilities was well lighted. Location was quiet at night.

Great location, nice place and a decent price.

The WiFi was EXTREMELY SLOW.....it was horrible.

The bed was comfortable and the room was a good size. The location was as perfect as possible, right across the street from the ball park we needed to be at for our son's baseball games.

An expensive nightmare
    • Queen Room

Dirty room one of the queen beds made a lot of noise when moving around on it no window shade to keep the morning sun out of the room found dead bugs in the room blood stain in the bathroom left behind clothes in the bathroom tv did not work very well and to top it all off a cockroach inside my wife's boot when she attempted to put it on

• Reviewed: 6 May 2017

Very nice with a few hiccups

The elevator and hallways we very hot and stuffy and the TV volume was locked at a lower level. Tv and coffee maker were unplugged.

Bed was comfy, room was clean, AC worked great and had a wall controller. Water pressure was perfect.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Not so good

Staff was not accommodating. They refused to allow us in an hour early so we could freshen up before our family gathering. They only allowed us to use a dirty public restroom.

Close to my family.

I'll be back.
    • Queen Room

The shower drain. Gluten free food.

No the eggs were cloud like and the pillow was fluffy. The show drain was like a wading pond and the carpet is getting tired. There wasn't much on the menu that I could eat as I'm gluten intolerant. Ran out of orange juice and banana's.

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Would stay there again if we have to

We checked in late around 10 or 11p and on out floor by the elevator there were stinking garbage bags in the corner of the hallway. Did not look or smell good. Garbage should not be left laying around like that. Also the hot water was mixed up with the coffee ones so it had this dark hue. Really hot water with coffee remnants? The last complaint not really a big deal but the tea drinkikes wouldnt be happy with a coffee tasting hot water.

Room clean. Love the breakfast. The lady in the am helping with the breakfast was super nice. Love the decor and the carpet looking lie the poppy reserve!

Perfect location next to Jethawk stadium
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Kids were running around for hours upstairs. Once I called front desk it was handled. Then again at 1 am. Not sure what was happening but it seemed like someone made their own obstacle course..... :)

Nice spacious rooms. Very comfortable beds. Loved desk in middle of the room with lots of plug ins

Safe, secure, and well pleasing

The only down for us was the king size bed seemed well used.

Clean and neat place. Location was easy to find and close to stores, sports arenas, and fuel stations, yet very quiet inside. Breakfast was awesome every day of our stay. The room was large, tidy, well equipped. The cookies in the lobby were to die for. Even their "ROBUST" coffee was dynamite. It has the ambiance of a high class hotel and my wife had no feelings of insecurity.

This Hampton Inn is going down hill.

No NBC Sports on TV. Toilet seat very loose. Toilet paper narrow to keep costs down. Tear in carpet at entrance to my room. Breakfast was subpar for a Hampton Inn. Elevator groaned when stopping.

The bed was great.

• Reviewed: 7 March 2017

Good Clean Place, but Be Careful
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

There were 2 days out of 4 where the coffee in the lobby was not available at 4-5:00AM. The breakfast was OK, but that's all. There was no cocktails available at the hotel(although advertised), and only at the next door property weekdays. The property features Carpet Tiles, and in some instances, not well adhered to the floor, TRIP HAZARD! as a former safety professional, I know "slip & fall" is the number 1 liability for many businesses, doesn't Hilton Corp have Safety Guys? My wife tripped twice in our first room, but did not fall, lucky for all concerned! I was also hit-up in the parking lot by a homeless guy living a hundred yards from the hotel at a homeless camp at the base of the freeway.

The staff was accommodating to our in flux schedule & were able to both upgrade our room after our first 2 nights and extend our stay for 1 night as well.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2017

Loved our stay except the freeway noise
    • Queen Room

I was awakened both nights in the early hours by the freeway noise. The windows were not double pane.I asked the front desk for earplugs, but they didn't have any. Since it rained, there was condensation inside of the window

The room was very clean and smelled good. The breakfast was healthy, with a variety of protein and fresh fruit. The schedule of the indoor pool was very flexible-opened until midnight! The "to go" breakfast, goodie bags (on the checkout desk) were very thoughtful. Each bag contained: a water bottle with a pocket of ice tea powder attached to it, a breakfast ceral bar, a pastry and an apple :-)

• Reviewed: 23 December 2016

Amazing Great customer service!!

customer service was amazing !! I checked it at 530am, it was quick and fast!! Friendly and amazing customer experience!! I will definitely be back!! I wanted to Thank you again for letting me check in early after my 10 hour drive in. That made my day you truly did take care of the guest!!

• Reviewed: 5 December 2016

the room was clean

We had to park in the back and walk around the hotel to check in the back door was locked and you needed a room key but the front lot was full. I also put in a request for a room close to the elevator do to a handicap and inability to walk which went unnoticed. Also, one of the two beds was actually broken and the clock was never turned back so we ended up leaving an hour early. We did not notify staff of bed issue because we were too tired to move to another room and checking in was hassle enough. Also, the hotel temperature was insanely HOT. We were able to control our room but every time we left the room it was like walking into an oven.

the room was clean

• Reviewed: 21 November 2016

Everything was great except on our last day.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everything was great except on our last day.....we came across a homeless gentlemen in the lobby eating the same breakfast that was served for Hotel guest. Although the guy was not causing any trouble its kinda alarming. We felt a little unsafe.

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

Definitely recommended for stay
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

On the end of breakfast some items were not restocked. But there was plenty of others, so no starving :-)

Everything as expected, spacious room and very friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

We think the Hampton Inn is a great place to stay. Our family lives close by. so we don't have far

we had a stopped up sink & the TV was not working. We had to be moved. The 2nd night the TV wouldn't work. We were sure the remote batteries were dead. We waited an hour for another remote.

The food was wonderful & your staff was very courteous

• Reviewed: 3 October 2016

There was a wide variety to chose from

Receiving my bill . I like to know what I paid up front . I ask for my bill but because I went thru a 3rd party , the hotel could not provide me any information. So now if there's a problem with the bill it could be harder to correct .

There was a wide variety to chose from

• Reviewed: 10 September 2016

It was nice we enjoyed our stay.

The hallways up stairs had a vulgar smell. And hotel could have had more than one luggage carrier available.

My room was comfortable and clean. The check in staff were really nice and professional.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

It was very comfortable & the staff was outstanding

The bathroom door caught on the floor midpoint of closing. The door stop had to be put down or door would close part way. The door stop was a nuisance.

The breakfast is one of many reasons we always stay here. The staff was very helpful, friendly & helpful. The elevator was out of order & the staff brought our luggage up the stairs to our room.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2016

It's a great place for someone on a budget

The "whirl pool" had no whirl. The indoor pool was dated looking and the entire room was a mess. There were dirty windows and bandages stuck to furniture. My comforter felt limp and stale. Also, THE BATH TOWELS WERE SO OLD THAT THREADING WAS MISSING.

The price was amazingly low. The staff were super friendly.

• Reviewed: 22 August 2016

The beds & pillows were very comfortable, room was clean...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The breakfast. It was not very good at all. Hard boiled eggs were like rubber, "scrambled" eggs were cut into small squares, tater tots were pretty gross. Only felt safe with a bagel and some peanut butter.

The beds & pillows were very comfortable, room was clean and staff was very friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2016

Not a good stay
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Room not ready when arrived at 3:45, had to wait 30 minutes, stayed 2 nights, No house keeping was done, left room at 8:00 and returned after 4 and nothing was done, called front desk and nothing was done, never stay there again, have started at Hampton many times and always been happy, not this time

• Reviewed: 7 August 2016

Nice but not the quality like my last stay

The noise above my room sounded like my neighbors in my apartment-LOUD, stomping and dropping things. I complained to staff but nothing changed. It would've been more of a hassle to move my room so I put up with the noise. TV channels were below par.

The location is great. Baseball team was away so I did not have to fight traffic. It was hot in the valley-AC worked great. Thank you for that. Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 25 July 2016

Stay Ok but not real sure it was worth the money.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds and Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Accessible

The carpet tiles in room 318 were lifting and it was a disability room. You would think extra precaution would take place in a disability room so that our elders or other guests don't trip and fall. You could tell there was a water leak that wasn't properly handled. Upon entering the room the sprinkler head was covered with a plastic bag in the bathroom. Upon switching rooms room 310 had active wet carpet so we switched back to 318. They removed the bag from the sprinkler head. And were accommodating. Pool area was never cleaned in my 5 night stay. Bandaid was on tiles at entrance of stairs to pool the entire time. Pool area was generally dirty. Patio had beer bottle caps all over and trash never taken out.

Breakfast was good, the bed and pillows were comfortable. we watched the end of a baseball game from the room which was real neat.

Disappointing.Not up to standards for a Hilton property.
    • Queen Room

No working guest laundry. Cockroaches on the floor every morning (By the bed and in the bathroom)

Location is okay.

Wonderful

Kyle was awesome! He greeted us the minute we walked in the door, really made me feel welcomed!

Clean!

Clean!

Good

Everything was fine..

No smoking throughout the hotel.

Good we switched rooms after I seen the roach

Bugs

The food was very delicious and the fact that they changed...
    • Queen Studio - Hearing Accessible

The WiFi kept dropping and was a little laggy

The food was very delicious and the fact that they changed up the menus each morning was nice.

Just excellent.
    • Queen Room

The bed And pillows were just fantastic.

Great experience
    • Queen Studio - Hearing Accessible

Everything exceeded our expectations. Great facility, clean, convenient, very comfortable!

For the amount that I paid expected more.

Pool was tiny.

Ice machine not working on 3rd floor

Ice machine not working on 3rd floor

Convenient
    • Queen Room

Bathroom door broken, breakfast was disgusting, loud neighbors, poor value for the price

Convenient

Great breakfast (according to US and not EU standards.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Great breakfast (according to US and not EU standards...)

Bad hotel experience
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability/Hearing Access

Didnt have a shade for the window and they said i smoked in my room and i dont smoke

Nice welcoming to your guests & great comfort of place to stay!!
    • Queen Room

So Comfortable & clean! You have a wonderful choice & Services of Breakfast!!!

Everything was 👍👍

Everything was 👍👍

Nice

Room was too hot. All my friends said the same thing

Breakfast was delicious

Amazing staff and nice size rooms.
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Beds were a little too firm

Amazing staff and nice size rooms.