Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas-Henderson 3 stars

421 Astaire Drive, Henderson, Las Vegas, NV 89014, USA

#24 of 193 hotels in Las Vegas

It's a very good hotel and a great value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Being able to have a nice breakfast on the premises is great. It's convenient and the assortment of food is good. The constant fresh pots of coffee is terrific. And the rooms are clean and the beds comfortable after a long day. The staff are friendly and helpful.

Budget place mediocre, not the best, but not the worst!

I've stayed at different Hampton Inn throughout the country and this one was an older property with 80's decorations. There was a mildew smell in the hallways leading up to my room on the 2nd floor. The bedding was itchy and uncomfortable. Hampton in use to have the most comfortable push bedding in the past. This location bed and bedding was outdated, old used looking and made my skin inch. I was disappointed with that to say the least. There was a lot of activity going on during my whole 4 days stay at the room on top of me. It was heavy partying and banging movements, and stumping all hours of the day/night. Las Vegas is known for human trafficking, so I wouldn't be surprised if the room was being used for that activity. It was strange to hear banging 3:00 am in the morning. On the upside, the breakfast was nice and the staff was friendly.

The staff members were friendly and the location was in a nice neighborhood next to the Sunset Station casino. The breakfast was nice and staff was friendly.

I was happy and satisfied! That’s why I’m staying in this hotel every time I go to Vegas.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I was missing some vegetables at breakfast. It would be awesome, healthier and tastier if you could have some peppers and tomato with your scrambled eggs.

good overall
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

One of the staff members could have handled a little incident a little bit better. He gave us the wrong key to the wrong room . We woke up the people sleeping inside.

Value for my money. Accomodated my late check in.

Sometimes you win some sometimes you lose
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The night manager yelled at me and accused me of goodness knows what at 3 am after I was accidentally barged in on while sleeping due to a room mix up... the rest of the staff though was very sweet about it.

The rooms were clean breakfast was great and I was adequately compensated after a room mix up.

Won't stay there again.

Worst experience for the whole trip. Staff was reasonably professional but by no means being helpful or friendly... When we checked in around 9:30pm, it was a bit like a mess. People are waiting there, water station got nothing left and there is some luggage cart blocking the hallway... Appeared to be seriously under-staffed.

The friendliest staff, very helpful.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The only complaint I have is the workout room is tiny.

The friendliest staff, very helpful. Cute game set up to welcome children on Easter weekend.

Would stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was good with tasty egg omelets and links - waffles too. Staff was friendly and helpful. Location (east side of Las Vegas in Henderson) was good for traveling to or from Boulder.

Happily surprised with my first stay at a Hampton.

Room was very clean, beds comfortable, and I especially liked the design of the bathroom. In most hotels, I never have enough room for my necessities, but this bathroom had open cubbies under the sink to store your things.

Normal hotel good price
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

It's kind of old, we were a party of 5 and the sofa they offer cannot be open as a bed. We requested the supplementary one and we had to returnit because it was awful! We even cut ourselves with the matress. We were shown the "renewed" bedrooms and it was the same, the matress on the sofa was the same of the supplementary one. It felt some dust on the environment but it was not terrible

The service and breakfast is very good. In average is a good hotel for sleep and that's it. There are not to many things around to do just the common restaurants. It's good because is much more cheap than the hotels on the strip but you must drive around 25 minutes from las vegas blvd

Thank you staff you all were great!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access

The elevator was out of service so we had to walk up to the third floor, after baseball games the stairs are killer:(

Loved the cleanliness and the area was great too. Nice and quiet:)

Clean, convenient, pet friendly.

Price

It is not a new hotel although the friendly staff and clean rooms make up for it. The hotel sits in a convenient location with plenty of restaurants and shopping. If you are traveling with your pet they do not charge an extra fee and a walking path is nearby.

It is just a 20 bucks matter. But, I really hate what they have done to me!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I booked Hampton Inn & Suites Las Vegas-Henderson at booking.com to stay there 10/21/17~10/22/17. $157.07 had been confirmed as the total price including tax (13%). When I checked out at the front, I noticed that they charged me $179.67 in a weird combination ($159.00 for guest room and $20.67 for hotel tax??). I immediately asked a person at the front desk to correct the charge. She agreed saying it was a mistake, and issued a new invoice on which $22.60 appeared to be the adjustment/credit. Looking at my credit card statement online, I found that they have not made any adjustment on the overcharged amount. I know it is just a 20 bucks matter. But, I really hate what they have done to me. I don't think they overcharged me by mistake as the numbers on the invoice does not make sense at all. They are wasting my time since I have to spend my time to get it right. On the first invoice, Guest Room: $159 Hotel Tax: 20.67 ------- 179.67 The last 4 digit of my Credit Card Number: (179.67) On the second invoice issued after I asked for the adjustment Guest Room: $139 Hotel Tax: 18.07 The last 4 digit of my Credit Card Number: (179.67) The last 4 digit of my Credit Card Number: 22.60 It's ridiculous! I want my $22.60 back!

Overcharging me in a dishonest way ruined my trip.

Overall I will come back again we stayed from October 13-19,2017
    • King Room with Exterior Entrance - Non-Smoking

The maid who didn't come at all to put clean towels or clean our room. The lady who worked the breakfast for Teresa just can't handle it

Yes Yolanda the maid was excellent she made sure our room was clean the Hilton standard however on the day she was off the next maid never came to give us fresh towels or bothered to clean our room, The date was October 17,2017. We were in room 107 first floor. I must acknowledge Yolanda, she is a hard worker as guest we see who goes beyond the call of duty she represents the quality of Hilton. We had breakfast every morning it was great there too was another worker Teresa she kept everything I tip top shape. Food was good she kept moving cleaning, wiping tables and kept smiling the whole time then one day Teresa was off and the woman who took over just couldn't handle or keep up the tables were sticky, the cups needed refills the cereal container was emptied out then someone from the office came to help her wipe the tables she was running ragged . You are fortunate to find good workers quality workers who come to work with a smile on their faces and produce. That is PRICELESS !!!!!As we were checking out Teresa was cleaning the the lobby of the hotel again with a smile. Great place to stay. Also the maintenance man started to pressure was the front entrance.

My favorite hotel in Vegas!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything. It is a very easy hotel to access. In Vegas, many of the large hotels are loud and noisy and parking is difficult. We just parked near the front door and were in our room in two minutes. The room was huge. Not fancy but well appointed and very comfortable.

Great value!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing really, other than I'm not a Vegas fan... But that isn't Hampton's issue. ;)

It's gorgeous, spacious, well kept, and breakfast was yummy!

Location is perfect.

Could be a one off thing. The shower unit was faulty. It got jammed at some point while trying to turn off the tap. Although we alerted the reception soon, we were told that the plumber would be able to come only after about an hour. and for all that time water was just flowing. Sorry to see the water going waste, could have been enough to fill a mini sized swimming pool.

Location is perfect. Strip is about 8 to 10 miles from the property but it was a breeze getting there and back. Breakfast was great. Bed was comfortable and all the facilities perfect for a short stay.

Spacious rooms, clean bathroom. Couches were gross though.

AC unit was very loud, couch looked really grungy. Unit smelled of cigarette smoke, despite being non-smoking. Staff didnt seem to care that we're Hilton honors members.

Good breakfast, comfy beds. Good sound insulation and the area was safe. Spacious rooms and clean fridge.

Good option for a stay in Las Vegas.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Comfortable hotel in Henderson, near to Las Vegas. It is a good option to stay when visiting Las Vegas - free parking and reasonable price. Good breakfast. A lot of shopping options nearby.

Awesome
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had no dislikes on this trip with Hampton Inn.

I was greeted by the front desk in a manner that was expected. Each time I left and returned I was greeted with a smile and hello. Place was awesome. Oh and the breakfast was good and I was impressed that there was a different menu each day.

Hampton Inn was wonderful!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very helpful staff... gave us a snack when we checked in at 1130.. Really like bathroom with extra shelves .... super breakfast!!!!would cost $60 at Dennys for 4 people

Fantastic service!
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Refill the water containers frequently because it is so hot there.

The hotel was very clean, the beds comfortable and the breakfast had a good variety.

Not your usual Hampton Inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The smell in the rooms. First one was like a dirty old gym socks' smell. Second room was better, but there was also an odd smell coming from perhaps the headboard or under the bed.

I had to ask to change rooms due to the odd smell in my room. The second room was better, but after getting in bed, I noticed another bad smell, perhaps coming from the headboard.

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

It was a perfect location for our stay, tons of stores to shop, plenty of restaurants!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The AC in our room didn't get cold like we wanted it at night, and the on off of unit is disturbing when you are trying to sleep.

I love that there was change on the buffet and not the same options!

• Reviewed: 23 April 2017

Liked all that I marked excellent above.

We were on 2 no floor thus every time the person on the 3 red floor strolled across the room the floors creaked loudly. Also, eyed to replace mattresses, the current ones are breaking down.

Liked all that I marked excellent above.

• Reviewed: 15 April 2017

Excellent stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My only disappointment is that the pool was not open. I was specifically looking for a hotel with a pool, so this was a major thing for me. I would suggest they tell people about this before they book.

This is a beautiful property and all was done well. I really like my room was connected to the inner and out building, so I could drive up to the door and bring own my bags. Great room--good size, great bed, good internet.

Great room in Vegas

A bit pricy but this is Vegas

I loved the quiet room away from the noisy strip and breakfast was excellent. The front desk gave us a late check out and was very helpful

• Reviewed: 24 March 2017

Comfortable and inviting stay. Clean rooms and friendly staff.

We were on the first floor and we could hear the guest walking around the room above ours. But it wasn't bad. It didn't bother us.

The staff was friendly and courteous. The complimentary breakfast was good. Enjoyed being able to have access to coffee 24 hours. The pool and spa was clean and we enjoyed using them. Really enjoyed having a mini fridge in the room, especially with kids. The manager greeted us at breakfast to ask how we were and talked with us, asking if we were enjoying our stay.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

Always a good stay but...Hilton/Hampton you need to address smoke issues!

We were in a non-smoking room but left early because there seems to be a worsening problem with the smoke from other rooms.

Consistently friendly staff. Easy check in.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2016

Great room and breakfast with an accommodating staff. Worth the money to stay here.

It was a pretty good trip by car to get to the strip, being in Henderson. Still for the money a good value if you don't mind driving a bit to get to the sights.

The breakfast in general was good. The room was clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2016

Good location.

Our room on the ground floor was too close to the dining/reception area. It was noisy at times. The ice machine didn't work.

Good location. Generally nice.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2016

Great place
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Terrible and unhealthy breakfast. The gym is very small.

We had a great time. The staff is awesome. It is quite, mattress is middle firm and very comfortable. The great aMediterranean restaurant and Sunset casino buffet are walking distance. The jacuzzi wasn't working, but they let us use the Garden Hilton's pool, jacuzzi and gym.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2016

Room is clean & comfortable, breakfast is simple but...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrive at the hotel, it's almost midnight, and the elevator was in repair which couldn't be used, we moved and lifted quite a few heavy luggage to 3rd floor, but no help from the staff at all.

Room is clean & comfortable, breakfast is simple but good.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

Good stay away from the Strip

Quiet location following a long flight into Las Vegas. Staff were lovely, offering us cold water as we arrived as it was so hot. Coffee and iced water available in reception. Good breakfast.

Good memories
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Nice place with swimming pool in a pretty scenary, rich breakfast and quite a big room.

Amazing breakfast very fresh and hot.
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

The bed was hard as a rock and very uncomfortable to my needs.

Amazing breakfast very fresh and hot.

Squicky floors

Squicky floors

breakfast was good.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

rooms need to be updated

breakfast was good. check in was easy

very good free breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

very good free breakfast.

Eggs, sauage were kind of rubbery!
    • One-Bedroom King Suite - Non-Smoking

Eggs, sauage were kind of rubbery!

Complementary food in the evening.

Complementary food in the evening.

I will be staying here again when I am in the area. I have family close so I visit a lot.

I really enjoyed my stay.

The potatoes and the eggs were the best 😋. Also I appreciated the water, popcorn, and free cookies!

comfortable beds, good breakfasts

clothes washer out of order!

comfortable beds, good breakfasts

The location the breakfast the fact that we could leave our...

The location the breakfast the fact that we could leave our room to the parking lot was dope

Have stayed here before and always been happy with the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Have stayed here before and always been happy with the hotel. Clean and well maintained. Good variety of breakfast items.

Good place for the money, and very convenient location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Toilet did not flush well. the noise of refrigerator

Good and clean-served breakfast. Well maintained pool. Free newspaper.

It was very clean and the staff was friendly.

Only down side was the bed was a little hard.

It was very clean and the staff was friendly. The breakfast was great.

Breakfast is sub par...

Roomy and clean
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Ola and need a renovation

Roomy and clean

Very nice

The variety was nice. Snacks and drinks 5-7pm was awesome

Comfortable

my dog loved the room.

All good

Easy in and out 2 doors

Room was clean and ample room.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Room was clean and ample room. Comp breakfast was nice. The location was perfect for restraunts.

Sleepless

When the person in the room above us came crashing in after midnight, we thought the ceiling was going to cave in. Paper thin walls. No sleep for us

Bed was very comfortable, a good size room.

It was just too far away from Las Vegas strip

Bed was very comfortable, a good size room. The breakfast in the morning was very good .

A wonderful place

Everything was awesome

Very nice and clean place. Breakfast was wonderful with many good selections. Employees were courteous.

Minnesota

Staff was very pleasant

Shower head was nice and high and I liked the soft water.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room smelled like too much chemical cleaners. The refrigerator was too loud.

Shower head was nice and high and I liked the soft water.

The servicing of the room was very late and we had to wait...
    • King Room with Exterior Entrance - Non-Smoking

The servicing of the room was very late and we had to wait two times for them to finish the room, this was around 3 pm each time.

Very pleasent

Nice welcoming coffee

Good bang for the buck. Breakfast is the golden star

Older room interiors

Very good breakfast! Many nice food chains nearby Friendly staff Delicious coffee allday in lobby

Great place to stay.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness, the staff were wonderful. Great place. Big beds, plenty of room.

Good

Good value for money and good breakfast

Good value away from the crowds on the Strip.

Can't think of anything.

It was clean, quiet, moderately priced, and away from the Strip. The hot breakfast was an added bonus.

Bed was small and air con really noisy

Bed was small and air con really noisy

More options for sugar free/gluten free diets at...

More options for sugar free/gluten free diets at breakfast

Great place to stay.

Horrible breakfast options (unhealthy) and food tasted off??

Extremely accommodating!!

Awesome Staff
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Staff were unbelievably kind & friendly! We are Las Vegas locals and you don't get this on the strip! Loved the pool!

excellant stay

clean,friendly

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

A great place to stay😊
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Wish there had been low sugar Greek yogurt at breakfast

Evening snacks & chocolate chip cookies

Enjoyed the Stay

The area was quiet.

Centrally located for our business needs and shopping too!

• Reviewed: 12 May 2017

Breakfast could be a little more varied.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be a little more varied.

Well yeah, I guess the eggs could have been a little moister...

No complaints.

Well yeah, I guess the eggs could have been a little moister, but they tasted great.

• Reviewed: 22 April 2017

Nice breakfast selection.
    • One-Bedroom Queen Suite - Non-Smoking

Omlets were a little salty

Nice breakfast selection. Staff was extremely helpful and courteous