Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Los Angeles Burbank Airport 3 stars

7501 North Glenoaks Boulevard, Burbank, CA 91504, USA

#5 of 19 hotels in Burbank

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

The pool was under construction and the website did not reflect that information. The bed was not comfortable. There was no free parking (even for handicapped). The first lady who checked us in was kinda rude.. later found out she had a bad cold (idk if the explanation makes up for the fact of how rude she was she didn't even smile if you're that sick maybe you shouldn't be at work)

• Queen Studio

Expensive and compulsory valet parking. Overpriced in general (for what you get) compared to similar stays elsewhere.

Breakfast was good. Housekeeping staff lovely, reception staff varied but generally uninterested in customer engagement.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

What I didn't like is that it didn't say that the hotel was undergoing renovation. My daughter was looking forward to swimming for the 2 days we stayed. She was so bummed because she was looking forward to enjoying the pool for the duration of our stay. I paid the same price without discount for the amenities that we were hoping to enjoy of. No discount given. I would have not booked here had I known about the renovations.

Staff were friendly and accomodating. Breafkast was good. There was waffles, omelettes, sausage/ham, cereal, etc. The facility is very clean, and newly renovated. Booked here because the hotel is close to Universal Studios. Hotel is close to Burbank Empire Center which has Target and Walmart, and other shops. Quick drive if you forgot to bring something from home.

Was told I'd have a connecting room and reserved my two rooms plenty time in advance and then had rooms 5 doors apart from the other... Disappointing.

Breakfast, and I was impressed with the name brand toiletries, I always bring my own but was pleased with what was offered... Great!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Valet parking suck....it took 20 minutes to get on to hotel property line up the street. The interstate is close to the note the interstate noise all night

Rooms were nice and clean.

• Queen Studio

The room was very strangely laid out. Huge desk with television attached to it right in the middle of the room. Couch was uncomfortable. Cold, uninviting, no artwork on walls, no color, no dresser for storage, uncomfortable bed. Freeway noise was so loud it kept me awake all night. Breakfast was mediocre. Breakfast room was crowded and stuffy. Parking was expensive and very difficult. You had to use the valet which meant waiting for your car and tipping every time you wanted to come and go. Internet was free only one night - $13/night thereafter.

Staff discounted my stay because I was not happy.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The building was under construction, swimming pool was out of service and pay for parking.

The breakfast was ok just need more variety, I’m allergic to poultry and everything had turkeys or chicken, staff was not really friendly..room were very clean.

Maid cleaned room and removed many bath linens. Left us short a wash cloth and no bath mat. Also did not replace coffee used in the room's pot.

Breakfasts were extremely well done and varied.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I had requested a room away from the freeway and noise. that's what i got. I talked to the front desk and I wasn't able to get another room because the hotel was full.

Love the remodel and how clean and fresh everything looks.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The front desk ladies were VERY rude and not very welcoming at all!!! The gentleman in the front was very nice but the girls not at all!!!! If we asked them a question they were just plain rude. No smiles whatsoever

Everything very clean!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy location between the freeway and an arterial 4-lane street. Zero green space. Valet parking charge $15 night not disclosed at booking time.

Hill Street Cafe down the street is a decent family-style restaurant (only choice within walking distance.) Hotels

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Property was undergoing construction and there was no bathroom on ground floor. Also didn’t know only parking was valet. We heard lot of noise from other rooms so thin walls. We felt rushed as we were checking out. :(

Room was clean and breakfast buffet was good.

Had to pay for parking. The place was under construction. The rooms were small. I have stayed at other Hampton Inn's and the rooms were larger. The breakfast items were not worth the extra cost u have to pay for to get a free breakfast. I went some where else to eat breakfast. The under the window Ac and Heater is archaic and noisy. The mattress was too soft and the pillows were too puffy, it bothered my neck and back.I will never stay there again.

There was nothing that I liked.

• Queen Studio

Did not like not being able to park our car without using valet , did not like being woke up by workers noise above us because of remodeling. And I wanted a suite . Did not feel like a suite. Very small.

Had I known that I would be charged a daily fee to park, I would have booked elsewhere. Also, the hotel is undergoing renovation, so at present it is disheveled.

The breakfast buffet was pretty good; the diner 100 yards away was convenient and enjoyable.

A lot of construction going on, but it couldn’t be helped.

It was only 1 mike from the airport. The staff was extremely helpful and the bed was very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It was okay. It was a long walk from the elevator to our room - down two long halls with lots of luggage, and both ice machines on our floor didn't work so you had to hunt the floors to find one that did work.

It was close to the airport and clean. We didn't use restaurant or other services, and I missed breakfast as my plane left too early.

• Queen Studio

We had to use the sofa bed for our 5th guest. When it was pulled out, the middle supports didn't completely touch the ground. The frame looked as though it had been tweaked a little. We'd had full days of activity, though, so getting sleep on the bed was no problem. Also, there was no working fan in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast available was enjoyable. Comfortable beds.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room we had was by the freeway so you always heard cars. The beds unfortunately for us was not comfortable. The parking valet people were amazing. Always so nice. But wish we could just park our own car. Paying everyday for parking and then tips twice a day was very expensive. The bathroom towels need to be upgraded, they are very stiff.

Breakfast was excellent

If you are a Hilton member valet parking should be free. Alternatives for self or free parking are on the street & not great.

Staff is alwaysnice. Breakfast is great.

Parking was valet only Rooms are in need of repair, rips in carpet, wallpaper pealing off of the wall, mattresses were old, rips in the blackout curtain

Friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

i liked everything in this hotel!

i liked everything! its staff was very friendly, polite and kind! - rooms/bathrooms were very clean!!! pillows just to die for!.. i am not regretting staying there @ all! i highly recommended. breakfast was good, so no need for having breakfast somewhere else, when this is already included, and it's free. nice hotel for families! keep in mind that this place is located in burbank, ca, a bit away from f.e., universal studios and downtown LA. i won't recommend to rent a car in LA, but using UBER. it worked fine to me!

• Queen Studio

It was a bit far for main attractions but wasn't a problem at all.

The hotel had a friendly/home type feel to it, free freshly baked cookies in main area each day. Breakfast was great compared to other places we stayed at. Beds were comfortable.

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

Only valet parking and it's 18 dollars a day.

Breakfast was pretty good in the morning. Very close to universal studios (15 mins). Overall good stay

I don’t think I was charged correctly. I have Hilton honors points and was supposed to be charged $15 and the fee was $15 part of the time and $18 part of the time I also think my room rate was different than what I was told when I reserved.

Bed

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No porter help to bring luggage to room. Dirty carpet floor No hotel lunch or dinner offered No laundry services.

Very responsive accomodating and efficisn't staff and very helpful and friendly

The Hotel was not very nice the staff was unwilling to answer questions. The pool closed because of the fire which I understand but when we called to see if it was open yet they kept saying "I don't know" every time we called front desk they said "I dot know". I customer service it's your job to find out.

We enjoyed each other on this trip

Only thing we didn't like was the view from our room. Since we were gone most of the time was not a huge issue for us. Our room looked onto the roof and backside of building.

The breakfast was very good. Variety of foods very good. The shuttle was convenient. Used to pick up train to San Diego. Also used to go to dinner in downtown Burbank. Staff was friendly and helpful.

It's take a major change but something with evening food options would e niceeven if prepackaged salad or sandwiches or microwaveable in your room. It'd be nice to have.

Different breakfast options every morning was a nice surprise. The pool was a nice feature. We were glad for the shuttle every evening.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that you HAVE to use valet parking so they can charge you a separate hidden parking fee for it because I was under the impression that it was included in the price.

I liked that our room had a mini fridge & microwave

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Information about parking and shuttle services were difficult for me to find in the hotel. Staff was helpful when asked but it seemed like there should have been pro-active offering of help in this area. I fully appreciated the valet staff because when I finally did figure out that I could simply park my car overnight and get a shuttle ride to the airport-- things worked-out well. Recommend using this. The fee is less than the airport charges and about the same as others in the area.

Best part about this hotel was the convenient location to the airport and the shuttle service to and from the airport. Additionally, they kept my car for my short trip and I paid for the per-day parking rate. This included the shuttle to the airport so it was very convenient. The accommodations were clean but dated and the staff was very nice.

Having to pay for parking and having valet parking. I really did not need the extra cost. The service was prompt and friendly, but I prefer to park myself in the garage.

The breakfast was the best I have seen for a free breakfast. The bed was comfortable and staff very friendly. Everything was very clean.

Unlike other Hampton Inns, the parking was $18 per day, and no where was this posted ahead of my booking the hotel. Also, unlike other Hampton Inns, there was no "happy hour" or snacks after 3 p.m.

The hotel was fine, breakfast like all other Hampton Inns, free WiFi.

The fact you pay additional fee for parking.

Every was really close to the hotel. staff really friendly and breakfast was really good . Also the heated pool was at a really good temperature

The staff was amazing. The hot breakfast had many options and was fresh and tasty. The room was updated clean and the housekeeper did a fantastic job day to day plenty of towels soaps etc.

For breakfast they put cheese on all the eggs. I do not do cheese. My room was a little noisy because of the cars traveling on a busy Street

Very very courteous room was nice

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

They only offer valet parking that, as guest, you would expect to be.. free! Nope.. They charge you 18 dollars a day for a hotel that isn't even nowhere near downtown Burbank. They have signs but when you check in they won't mention their parking policy to you at all ( how surprising!). To be honest and transparent to their guests,I would have expected them to tell me at the check in. But no.. They smartly waited until I checked out. Last time at a Hampton hotel. Last. IHG.. You got a new customer starting today

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

would not use either service in the future. Not worth the money

Very unhappy with the hotel and with booking.com and would not use either service in the future

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hot food at breakfast seemed like it was not fresh a couple of times. Paper thin tasteless bacon over cooked potatoes (leftover?) other offerings at breakfast waffles etc. we're good.

Staff was awesome very friendly an accommodating from valet, front desk, and housekeeping the lady in the breakfast room also very nice.

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The continental breakfast variety and flavors was great. There was plenty of fresh and cooked food options. Tasted great, looked great and we left full and satisfied.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noisy location next to freeway. Had to walk outside into a pretty public area bordering the street to get to pool / spa.

Great, Friendly Staff (truly outstanding). SUPER convenient to BUR airport. While there was little nearby food / restaurant choices, shuttle was always ready to take me downtown.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2016

• Queen Studio

We were told that we couldn't have adjoining rooms, but could be on the same floor. We reserved 2 Queen Suites, of which we were told when we arrived, that they only have 1 on each floor. That extremely upset me, because we had 5 kids running up and down. Also, the Queen Suite is not much larger then the regular rooms, other than a sofa bed at against the wall by the Queen beds, no room when you pull it out. The location is only good if you go into Burbank, because they have a shuttle, or if you have a car. They were not much help with transportation suggestions anywhere else. We ended up renting a van for two day's so we could get around. So if you are planning on sight seeing and do not take a car, I would choose a more central location.

The beds were very comfortable, breakfast very good, housekeeping kept everything very clean and supplied. Everyone was friendly was extremely friendly.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2016

Night manager gave me bad information about a local store being opened of an evening.

Eggs not real good, not sturred during cooking. But all other products very nice.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Freeway noise (I was given a room facing the freeway although I requested "a quiet location" when I booked the reservation.

Very comfortable beds! Tasty breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 August 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not a great neighborhood. Price!

Close to airport. Loved the shuttle driver in the evening. He was very personable and helpful. Breakfast was comprehensive.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

A bigger pool area could've been nice.

Staff was friendly, rooms were spacious/clean, buffet style breakfast was great. Good variety of choices. Mauricio from the breakfast room was super attentative and made sure we were all doing great. Easy check in and out. Overall it was a great experience since we stepped foot on the property. Can't wait to go back

Valet parking

I didn’t know swimming pool is under construction and we get valet parking and a must and pay additional $18.

You had to valet park no self park

Location was good for us

No parking and the parking attendant was rude

the pool was under renovation

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A bit noisy due to the renovations.

Lovely hotel, very clean, nice staffs, breakfast was delicious. I enjoyed my stay, will be back again.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to pay for parking, hotel was under renovation.

Decent breakfast, clean comfortable room

• Queen Studio

Friendly staff that tried to help as much as possible due to our 2 hr flight delay. The room was amazing!

Rooms were like brand new.

Location,,

Clean,,

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Noise level too high. Pillows bad

No guest parking

this was my 3rd or 4th time staying there. always been good.

Renovation dirt and noise. No mention of renovation online when I booked reservation

The pool outside

Breakfast and the staff awesome!

Expensive

Shuttle service to airport should start at 5:00am not 5:30am. My flight was 6:40am so my check in and security pushed me close for my flight..

no complaints

every one,was friendly and said ,hello

• Queen Studio

big room and big bathroom. good position to visit the studios

I liked the place

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The young lady who checked me in has a bad attitude.

The room was clean, bed comfortable, and awesome breakfast.

Bed was very comfortable.

Customer service at front desk and at valet could use some improvement

Location, room, breakfast

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Hampton Inn is always a great choice!

Valet parking only.

Terrific breakfast buffet!

Noisy street traffic

• Non-Smoking King Studio Suite

They only have valet parking and the charge is per day

Really great breakfast , food was different each day .

Cleanliness

It would have good to know that the valet parking was mandatory (18$/night).

It was not clear that it was mandatory to valet @ $18.00 per night