Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Sherman Oaks 3 stars

5638 Sepulveda Boulevard, Sherman Oaks, CA 91411, USA

#2 of 7 hotels in Sherman Oaks

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Not much parking

We were very happy and comfortable with our stay. Rooms were clean. Traveling with my girls I was looking for safety and security. This delivered all. Only 10 minutes from Universal Studios. Greats price. Will be back again .

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

The hotel completed our day each day for comfort I wish we could have stayed longer
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The two things that I would have said I wish differently was that there would be a refrigerating in the rooms.I asked for one and the staff did bring one to our room I eat a specific diet and my grandson is young so that availability would be nice.The other downside was that the Treadmill in the fitness room was not working and I asked about it. I got a feeling that it had not been working for a while There's only two other pieces of exercise equipment to use I exercise at 4am in the mornings and going outside the hotel was not an option for me

Our stay was wonderful.From the time we stepped into the Lobby the hotel seemed so welcoming and clean, fresh and inviting! The staff do a wonderful job.The breakfast and area for sitting was great...I want to thank the women for such a wonderful display and option for breakfast. Whatever we needed all we had to do was ask and the staff made it available I can't say enough about the Service, the exceptional cleanliness and up to date interior of the hotel and our room. It was also very very quiet!

It was a nice place to stay . I think a good value for the money.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The maid somehow forgot to clean the tub/shower prior to our arrival. We called and they said they would fix it but the next morning it was still the same so i went down and spoke with the manager who fixed it up right away. The pool could have been a little warmer. I

Manger was friendly . Breakfast was nicely prepared and made the value of the room worth more . A family of 4 would cost 50 to 60 bucks to eat breakfast a day so the room is more affordable than you think.

Nice hotel. Good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My credit card was charged before I checked in and without my autorization. I supposed to pay in cash because my credit card fee is 6.38% of total amount. In order to do not have problems with credit card refund I let it charged but I complained a lot with staff. I did not become happy with this. The pictures of the room I have booked didn't correspond with the one I was placed. Pictures were from a suite and I have been placed in a much smaller room.

I have talked with hotel staff complaining about room space and they managed to relocate my familly in a room with much more space. I have really appreciated their effort to make us happy with such room change. Thanks specially to Irina (if I'm not wrong about her name) that managed that for us. Breakfast ok. Nice location close to most turistic points of LA.

Overall it was a convenient hotel for a short-stay business travelers
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel carpets were old and the smell in our room was horrible, we left our windows open to air it out until the very last day of our stay.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. Huge parking lot. And a very quiet hotel with great location close to freeway and stores.

Room was clean.

The room had a weird smell. I believe it was the A/C unit but not sure. The toilet became clogged at around 10-11 pm. I called the front office and they said they could have someone look at it in the morning because maintenance was gone fornthe night. I asked the front desk tonexpect us not to use the bathroom till next morning? He said of course not let me see what I can do. He called back and said he was vcoming with a plunger. After 20 minutes front desk came with a man and a plunger. The man came into the bathroom and tells me, "you put too much toilet paper?" No. I used toilet paper but not to clog it. He then proceeded to unclogging the toilet while the front desk person waited outside. He unclogged it and just left with no word and leaving the toilet a mess with toilet water all over the seat and floor. At least clean up the mess. The next morning around 10 am there was a knock on the door, not sure who it was. I opened the door and a woman who did not identify herself says "oh I was checking to see if the room was vacant". Shouldn't that information be in there system?

Room was clean.

Great people on a good location (towards Hollywood, studios, LA , beaches, entrance & exit logistics
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

For the serieus price I did not expect the outdated poor Hampton inn version that I found. Indoor pool hygiene seemed to be covered with loads of chlorine 🤨

The personeel is very friendly and Nice.

Will not stay there again.

The general manager was incompetent. Denis is his name. 10 minutes after check-in we alerted him that the toilet was broken and asked for it to be repaired- we said any time- we will return at midnight. At midnight the toilet was still not repaired. At check-in I asked to confirm our rate- he confirmed the total and shared the nightly rates for each night- they comped us for the night without a toilet - but did so at a different rate than what Denis shared. He was to call me but never did. Irresponsible and poorly managed.

Fitness room was good (clean and well equipped with up to date equipment); food was good for breakfast Maintenance staff was responsible and helpful.

Free breakfast was nice.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Only one working elevator took forever to wait for the one working elevator. Our reaervatuon s on Booking.com said king beds. They were queen. Beds were not comfortable. Too hard.

Free breakfast was nice. Good location with lots to do and in between everything we wanted to do. The staff was all very nice and helpful.

Clean and location is good for highway access.

You can hear everything around- hall, street, doors, etc Coffee Carpet made bare feet dirty

Good bed Clean Really nice staff Pretty good bathroom lights for m/u applying

Very comfortable and what we expected, except for the elevator.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

One of the two elevators was out of order, so getting up and down was slow and often required a wait because the car was full. The framing on the doors was new and not well fitted, with open space all around the door.

The King room was very nice, freshly painted and very nicely furnished. Very roomy and quiet, even with a street view. The breakfast buffet is very good quality and offers a lot of choices. Good coffee available all day long. Very helpful staff really working to please.

Very reliable hotel, no surprises. This is very important.

Pillows are lumpy. This has been a problem every time, even though they offer different style pillows. They never seem to make it to my bed. This time the refrigerator was very noisy. We had to unplug it. They were going to move in another, but our time was up. We returned, to a different room, a few days later. No refrigerator at all? Not sure what Genius award was? I got my bottle of water for being a Hilton member.

We love the location as close to relatives. However, not a place to walk around as on a busy street. Love the free parking. The free breakfast, the rooms, etc. We stay here whenever in town. Even with a few problems, this is the best hotel in this area of Sherman Oaks, Van Nyes.

Perfectly adequate.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Others seemed to have enjoyed the breakfast but I didn't like the motel breakfast-type choices: waffle maker, cereals, warmed up eggs with cheese & steak--ugh. I'd rather have good old plain yogurt & granola!

Our room was large and the hotel was quiet.

The beds are comfortable, the room is nice, and the kids...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds are comfortable, the room is nice, and the kids LOVE the indoor pool. Baked cookies and popcorn available before bed, and a good selection at breakfast. Great for those with kids. Also near the freeway, which is a plus getting around LA.

Breakfast was very good.
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

The cleaning staff forgot to totally close our room door after they left. When we returned around 6:30 that evening our room door was open. I did let desk know. We were very upset to have our door left open for hours.

Breakfast was very good. Staff was pleasant. Hotel was welcoming

Expensive for what it is
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was no fridge. It was inconvenient to have to get ice every day. Room was small. Not much room for opening suitcases. The bathroom mirror is too high and far. Air conditioner was noisy.

Staff were helpful. Parking is easy.

Nice staff,cleaning room and towels.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

If there can be more kind of breakfast will be wonderful:)

Nice staff,cleaning room and towels.the bed and pillows are really comfortable for me.Breakfast is good

Comfortable choice when in the Mid-Valley.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Air and heating system was hard to regulate.

Great staff. Always friendly and helpful. Morning breakfasts were a pleasant surprise in quality and variety. Comfy beds and above average amenities in the bathroom.

Good value for the money. Great location, breakfast and attentive staff.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room rug stained by spills before I arrived. Informed desk clerk when I checked out. Clerk made a note of it.

Excellent employee service. Nice breakfast. Great location.

I'll Be Back!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I can't say one bad thing about this hotel.

Amenities and location. I have stayed here 3 times in the last year and will choose this hotel again. Its close to the freeway, has comfortable rooms, free breakfast, free parking and Wi-Fi. The staff is very nice and go out of their way to make every ones stay enjoyable.

A lot of $ for nothing.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigeration and no microwave. The carpets were stained and ok. The air conditioner made a horrible noise all night long.

Very secure building. You had to use a key card to gain access to the floors.

Comfort inn is down the street, go there instead.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very busy and they only had one elevator to use which was very slow. I talked to an employee about it and he said the elevator needed a valve. The second elevator wasn't working. The staff member savannah wasn't very friendly, very rude. I had a late check out and housekeeping kept knocking on my door to ask when I was leaving. When I booked the hotel I was under the impression that my room had a safe and refrigerator but it had neither. I will not be returning to this property.

Breakfast.

Place went downhill. Staff was very accommodating though and helpful. Not their fault.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we got in room, t.v. was broken. Didn't want to change rooms as we had already unpacked. Had to wait till next morning to have it fixed. One elevator was broken. On holiday weekend! Caused big back up of people waiting!!! Room was not cleaned until late every day. Had to request it to be cleaned. Went out early and when we came back, room was still not done. Toilet stuffed up. Place really went downhill. Will NOT be staying here again!!

Good breakfast!

Not bad.

Parking lot was akward.

Staff (Jamar? Was he name) went above and beyond in assisting with purchase of Universal Studio tickets. Helped in printing tickets. Security even helped with elevator when my hands were full.

Be careful of booking Hampton Inn!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Just a caution: we booked room through Booking.com (as did my sister). In her case, hotel had no record of booking on check-in even though she received confirmation. In my case, I received confirmation, then tried to change bed configuration directly with hotel, and they said they could not do that; I had to work directly with Booking.com. So I cancelled and rebooked through Booking.com before my trip. On arrival, there was no record of anything other than original booking (despite receiving confirmations directly from booking.com), so we had to bring in a rollaway for third person. Finally, on check out, desk clerk said they could not give us a receipt because we booked with Booking.com (so we have no printed record of what we paid from hotel). Our conclusion: Hampton Inn is not partnered well with Booking.com. We use Booking.com with great success and satisfaction all around the world, so I am thinking this is a Hampton problem. Think it is pricey, or at least it was on ucla graduation weekend.

Plentiful free breakfast - eggs and sausage were actually good which is not always the case in a pre-made breakfast spread. Fresh fruit was delicious; good coffee. Hotel right off 405.

There is a disconnect between Booking and Hampton Inn.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There is a disconnect between Booking and Hampton Inn. I had confirmation on my phone but Hampton had no reservation. My sister's reservation through Booking also not there???????

• Reviewed: 7 June 2017

Graduation - FVHIL
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The carpet needs to be shampooed. The rest of the room was very clean.

The bed and bathroom were very clean. The hotel was quiet...great nights sleep. Staff members were very friendly and accommodating. I like the added security feature of using a card in order to access the elevator. I liked that I could use the computer for free in the Business Center. I enjoyed the breakfast...great variety. If I travel to the area again, I definitely plan to select this hotel as my first choice.

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

The first time room I was given smelled really bad
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The first time room I was given smelled really bad The second room smelled better but the carpet wasn't clean enough to have me walking barefoot Bathroom is poor in size

The staff was just wonderful as always.The sheets on the bed smell so fresh & clean almost like home
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathtub drained very slow

Everything was great! My grandkids just like coming to stay every other week for their acting classes.They look forward in coming more to stay at the Hampton Inn.Thank you all!

Quick Business Trip accommodations
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

A/C unit was really loud. Elevators were slow, and location wasn't the greatest.

Breakfast was fantastic, staff was very friendly and helpful, rooms were client.

First Hampton Experience
    • Non-Smoking Queen Studio Suite

Wide TV channel selection, beds and pillows are soft, breakfast are excellent as well as the whole stay. The staffs are very friendly & helpful, I will highly recommend this location!

• Reviewed: 30 January 2017

The guy name George was super helpful,kind,and he made our...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everyone especially George who brought us clean linens and gave us directions.

The guy name George was super helpful,kind,and he made our stay very pleasant.Thank u George!👍

• Reviewed: 18 January 2017

Room furnishings in very bad condition; breakfast was good.
    • King Studio - Disability Access

Room furnishings were awful and in disrepair. One of the sofa cushions was just a bare piece of foam, no covering. There was no microwave in the room and other rooms had microwaves.

Breakfast was very good.

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Great stay
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Pillows were lumpy, no close up mirror. Long way to mirror on wall over the sink. Smaller, close up mirror would help

Was given a large spacious, well lit room. Breakfast was superb Pool was clean, this time. Staff was pleasant.

Good value
    • Non-Smoking Larger King Room

Breakfast buffet was unexpected and welcome. 24 hour tea/coffee station a godsend. The hotel is a little tired but I think it is due to be upgraded soon. Gym a little basic. It overall good

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Was surprised no dining room in hotel

Was surprised no dining room in hotel

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Good!

Nothing to dislike

Beautiful big firm bed

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Room and staff was good breakfast was great.

Carpet needed cleaning

Room and staff was good breakfast was great.

Indoor pool

Indoor pool

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

“Adequate” NOT “Good” nor “Excellent”!
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Loss of MSNBC channel for two days! Elevator was very slow and noisy...limited breakfast time created crowded kitchen/eating areas.

Convienent location with good price
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Bed was uncomfortable. A.C. was loud so didn’t sleep well. Hole in elevator floor.

Location is great. Value is good. Bathroom was nice.

Excellent location, close to freeways.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in the room:((

Excellent location, close to freeways. Helpful and friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 3 August 2018

Swinging pool

Swinging pool

I liked the shower and bed.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Mini refrigerator in the room didn’t work, the carpets are gross and needs a deep clean.

I liked the shower and bed.

The rooms and breakfast.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

A little pricier for what it is, we think.

The rooms and breakfast.

Met our needs.needed to attend a family matter due to death.comfortable,quiet and cool place to come
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Blazing hot on the outside but oh so comfortable indoors

Slept like a sleepy baby.Rooms spacious and quiet.

Pool and room

Pool and room

Very good.

Notjing specific.

Cleaness

Staff

convenient to Universal Studio if you have a car.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool looked nice but small.

convenient to Universal Studio if you have a car.

Very recommended, I would absolutely stay here again!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like he neighborhood and the small parking

Hotel is very clean in general, breakfast was really good, staff at night was awesome!

I should have look more into different hotels before I booked with Hampton inn
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The elevator slow long wait. Most of the time we used stair way. And yes the elevator was down when we were there

the pool area

Nice hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Items in hotel store was ridiculously priced.

The breakfast bar was amazing ,

I would go back if the price is right
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

fruit was a little over ripe

bed was cozy

We needed 2 chairs in room

We needed 2 chairs in room We needed a night light in bathroom

We were comfortable & it met our needs.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Luggage cart had a broken wheel so we had to carry our bags up.

Conveniently located, friendly staff & comfortable beds.

Fair
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Staff were not friendly and seemed annoyed when asked questions. Toilet did not flush.

Good

The laundry room

The waffle n breakfast

Comfort bed

Comfort bed

A really great hotel with the best and friendliest staff ever! And the breakfast is superb.

Nothing to not like!

The staff are amazing, lovely rooms, great pool, fab breakfast, great location.

After concern about our room staff changed.
    • Non-Smoking Larger King Room

After concern about our room staff changed. Enjoyed breakfast amd of course popcorn in the pm. Close yo our daighters house

Did the job

Missed breakfast should go to 11am

Very convenient and comfortable

Refrigerator make terrible noise.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator make terrible noise. Disturbs sleep.

Multiple options for a hearty breakfast with fresh fruit.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Multiple options for a hearty breakfast with fresh fruit.

It provided adequate accommodations
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast is mediocre. Bathroom water pressure is adequate. Needs modernization in bathroom

Price and location to our family

Nice variety of breakfast items;
    • Non-Smoking Larger King Room

Everything was very nice - staff, accommodations, etc. but a bit pricey all things considered.

Nice variety of breakfast items; very good coffee.

Great hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needs a real nath floor towel that doesnt slip.

Modern, clean, fresh, comfortable, efficient perfect!

Good for the buck
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms were a little small.

Easy to get in. Plenty of parking.

Good location.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Good location. Wonderful staff. Very good breakfast.

Awesome staff, clean property and perfect breakfast....all around great value.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Rooms need a little updating and there was no jacuzzi.

The property was very clean.

savannah was the meanest witch b ever I wouldn't ever...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

savannah was the meanest witch b ever I wouldn't ever stay there again because of her.

Breakfast was ok.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would it be too much to ask if the staff smile while we were checking out? I guessed it was to the staff who was checking us out.

Breakfast was ok.

Squeaky bathroom door

Generally everything Facility is a little out dated, needs refurbishing!

The staff, they’’re very friendly and warm.

NA

The staff, they’’re very friendly and warm.

Competing prices.
    • Non-Smoking King Study

Sites changed prices quickly and wanted to get best value

Competing prices. Varied ratings