Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street 3 stars

175 Peabody Place, Memphis, TN 38103, USA

#4 of 88 hotels in Memphis

Enjoyed the location as it was convenient to everything. Disappointed with sleepless nights.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Do not stay on the lower floors unless you like to stay up until 4am. That's when the music from the bar stops playing on Saturday night! I got a room right over the bar downstairs and it was a sleepless night until they stopped playing the music. I didn't notice the sign on the front desk until later that warned guests that they were in the downtown entertainment district and if they didn't like that, to look for another hotel. I had the room overlooking BB King Blvd at the second floor corner room. If you stay here, get a high floor interior room away from the bar side!

Location, Location, Location! Great place to stay within walking distance of Beale Street and the Fed Ex Forum for the concert I was attending. Also within walking distance to the Triple A Memphis Redbirds "Autozone Park" baseball field.

Very convenient location and very friendly staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Usually I get a little goodie bag at check in for being a rewards member, but I didn't this time ☹️

The pillows are amazing! Wish I could bring them home.

It is just off of Beale St and the parking garage is very...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It is just off of Beale St and the parking garage is very convenient. Parking is free in the garage with your room key card. There is a little bar at the front lobby entrance as well. Staff was very friendly.

The worst
    • King Suite with Kitchenette

The smell of our room was like someone’s dirty basement after months of flooding. This hotel is not worth the money. It is the worst. Do not stay here.

Location was good.

Party, Food and History!

Everything was nice!

Everything was really nice at this property and if I was to visit Memphis again this will be my top preference. Everyone spoke about the music and the noise around this hotel, if you're looking for a hotel near Beale St this is the place! We slept well in this hotel, service was great and the complimentary breakfast was good also.

Enjoyable all round
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The bed was a little hard and would of enjoyed pool More if it was outside (but was relaxing after a hot day outside in sun). Parking was convenient, staff were very friendly and helpful

Great location making it easy to take on Beale St, Sun Studios and experience the culture of Memphis

Excellent stay at the Hampton Suites!!

All very good

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Hampton Suites! It is in an excellent location, close to a number of attractions and museums! The staff were so friendly and extremely helpful with any of our questions we had! Highly recommend this hotel!!

Check in was 4pm.
    • King Suite

Check in was 4pm. We arrived at 4.20pm. Our room was not ready, not were other guests, there was a lot of people waiting to check in. We finally got our rooms keys at a very unacceptable 5.45pm. The front desk staff were very apologetic and gave us a complimentary free drink. But to be waiting nearly two hours is beyond a joke.

Close to Beal Street

Entrance hard to find, not easy to use. Too much noise at night until after 1:00AM. Room price too high for the area. Price of room not what I was told on internet. Staff was friendly.

Close to Beal Street

Hotel and folks were nice. Good food. Location ok for adults. Noisy night life outside.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beale street - not a good experience. We walked up and down the street not really realizing what it was. Wow. Was glad to get back inside the hotel before 7pm with the kids. Pool was really small.

The Hotel was clean. Food was good. We ate in the little bar/restaurant. The lady who ran it was super nice and we really enjoyed visiting with her. She was so nice to the kids!

The bed was comfortable and the room clean.

As the hotel was so close to the entertainment in Beale Street we were get awake to very late into the evening with very loud music from the many clubs and bars.

The bed was comfortable and the room clean.

Memphis fun

Honestly my wife's expensive mascara and eyeliner got stolen when the room was cleaned. Otherwise no problems.

Exlent staff except for above mentioned incident, great location, safe parking,and very clean.

Torn on this one
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room was too small. Key cards kept not working. The hot tub jets didn't work. When I tried to add 2 days to my stay, the reservations manager was very difficult. My Credit Card company called me & told me my card was used for uber, which I didn't use. I suspect one of the staff used my credit card #. That's the only place I used that card.

It was comfortable. Clean. Good location. The size of the room was not good compared to the cost of the room.

Great Hotel

Great hotel in excellent location. Rooms were really clean and the bed was really comfortable. Nice breakfast. All staff were really friendly and happy. The noise from the street was no bother at all.

Very convenient to most of Memphis attractions, convenient...
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

A little noisy Saturday night but the hotel warns you that it could be, otherwise it was quiet

Very convenient to most of Memphis attractions, convenient breakfast

Great location and great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Parking that fountain in the middle

When they said it was Hampton suites I assumed there was a living area and sleep area even if you got the double beds like I did

We will be back - great location!!!

Parking was convenient, breakfast was wonderful, staff was friendly and took pride in the facility!!! Beale Street literally around the corner!

Don’t plan to come back again. Was dissatisfied with service.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Was charge a $2,714+ $40 + $50 that was a mistake and have not received the money back. You can charge our account right away but can’t get the money back for 3 to 5 days. Doesn’t sound right!

Seeing Memphis.

Loved the location and the extremely friendly staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I don’t really have any criticism of the Hampton. We were only there for one night and totally enjoyed our stay. Definitely will stay there again when visiting Memphis.

Loved the location and the extremely friendly staff.

Comfortable hotel in an excellent location

The location--one block from Beale Street was perfect. Amazingly enough, our room on the 4th floor facing Beale was fairly quiet--even at night when the music from the clubs is LOUD. Nice indoor swimming and (separate) whirl pools. The included breakfast was very good--eggs (sometimes omelets that, although pre-prepared, were good), make-your-own waffles, bacon, sausage, cereal, fresh fruit, yoghurt, etc. Coffee and tea available 24/7 on a separate table in the foyer that was also nice. Microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee machine in the room. Two blocks from the not-to-be missed Museum of Rock and Soul and six from the National Civil Rights Museum. We spent three nights at the Hampton and will definitely stay there the next time we visit Memphis.

Perfect except weather. Rainy stay but not hotel's fault.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

It was great to stay there.

Loved everything. Centrally located, super clean, friendliy staff. Perfect location for activities. Parking was okay but safe.

Rooms are great very clean very nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I asked for wheelchair accessible when booking and first floor. We didn’t get that and reception was rude about it and didn’t offer any other options! So a man with one leg had to hop over lip in bath tub to shower making it unsafe for him to get in and out alone 😂

Rooms are great very clean very nice

Great location for walking to sites, clean and modern, very loud into the night.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Be prepared to hear the sounds of live music and people well into the night. We had two children with us, and had brought a white noise machine, which helped. Rooms were somewhat small for the price.

The facilities were clean and modern, and the hotel was in a great location for walking to sites. Good coffee and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby in the afternoon.

Nice hotel in a good location
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Unloading is awkward due to circular drive. That’s mostly because of stupidity on the part of guests leaving their cars while taking luggage to rooms.

Good location right downtown. Close walking distance to Beale street. Breakfast was good. Many choices.

I was over disappointed.
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

My room was conjoining with a person who talked ALL night. My room was not ready at the allotted check in time. I had to wait an extra hour. For my inconvenience I was compensated with water, moon pies and $18 parking pass.

I like that the hotel was literally steps away from the main attractions.

Great location for everything you could want to do.

With the location you sacrifice peace and quiet. Partying goes on into the wee hours of the morning on the streets. Loud traffic and music can be hear till very very late. We just left TV on and went right to sleep.

Great location for everything you could want to do. Beale Street, Peabody ducks, Orpheum Theater.

Breakfast, staff, location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Location, while it was conveniently located it was so noisy we couldn’t go to sleep until the wee hours in the morning. We should have been warned about this when we made the reservation!!

Breakfast, staff, location

Good place and location
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The noise of the next room, there was a door and there were kids; so they started making nice quite early, and we were not with kids. The distribution of the rooms should be more planned

The location was great and in general was a good place to stay

Best hotel experience I’ve ever had!

NOTHING

Comfy beds and pillows, great view from our room, friendly staff We had an emergency while staying and had to go to the hospital. Chad at the front desk not only printed directions, he offered to call an ambulance and stayed with my child while I went to go get my car. He was a savior!! Also, I loved the location of the parking lot and the daily rate that allowed us to come and go as we pleased. This was the greatest hotel experience I have ever had, and my kids loved the 24 hour pool and gum. The breakfast was superb and suited all of our appetites.

I would rather stay at a 2 Star hotel with friendly staff than a 5 Star with unfriendly snobby staff
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Overpriced, uncomfortable beds, snobby checking and management staff, unknown charges at checkout

breakfast staff and cleaning staff were nice was ina good spot for where we had to go

Fun time in Memphis.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Just the double beds. Need to upgrade to queens.

Breakfast was very good comfortable. The location of the hote within downtown was fabulous. Staff greeted us as we came and went from the hotel and gave us tips and advice.

Overall, we had a decent experience staying here .
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

Breakfast was not as varied as I was hoping it to be. Eggs seemed fake. Too many processed foods and there were not many healthy options to choose from. Also, parking is not free.

The room and bathroom were spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and nice.

Great location for a weekend getaway.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The keypad system was not quick - especially frustrating when it was cold outside and the doors were locked. The bathrooms could use a fan.

The location could not be better. All staff were friendly and helpful.

Nice place to stay. Would stay there again

No complaints about anything

Great staff, helpful and nice. Room was nice, clean, comfy. Great location. Breakfast was very good and included in the price. Parking also included/free/convenient

My wife & I came down for a concert on Beale St.
    • King Room with Balcony

My wife & I came down for a concert on Beale St. the hotel was a block away. We booked the king executive w/ balcony ,let me tell you the room was AMAZING loved the outdoor balcony w/ sitting. I'd come back to Memphis(over 5.5 hours away) just to stay in that room again. I would recommend to spend the few extra $$ get the suite w/ the balcony. Thank you so much

Loved it. I will stay there again.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Staff was amazing! Some of the friendliest I've ever met. Facility was in the middle of one of the most colorful and fascinating locations I've seen.

Staff was pleasant. Rooms were decent. It was a lovely stay.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Every time we would open the fridge it would almost pull the whole thing out of the cubby area it was in. It wasn’t very secure. I also didn’t like having to pay for parking. It was $18 extra. I think parking should be included in any hotel that a guest stays at.

Continental breakfast was great and the lobby was a nice place to hang out. Also, the pool area was open 24 hours. Lovely hotel.

My husband and I surprised our sons to a Memphis Grizzly...
    • King Suite

Nothing was bad about this spot

My husband and I surprised our sons to a Memphis Grizzly game and we wanted to find a spot where we could enjoy the city and not have to drive- THIS HOTEL IS IT!!! Love everything about the hotel!! Location, staff, condition, price.. all were great, will definitely stay again.

Great downtown location and easy to get in/out to head to other parts of the city.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Soft beds and pillows that squish to close to nothing when you put your head on one. Seems to be the standard, though - hotels everywhere seem to think everyone likes soft beds and pillows you have to put your arms under to support your neck.

Fitness facilities were quite small but used the elliptical and balance ball, plus the pool. The staff were super friendly and I loved breakfast every day.

when we checked in and went to the room we noticed there was...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

when we checked in and went to the room we noticed there was no shower curtain. I called the front desk and told them about it, in short of 2 minutes there was a knock at the door and the guy had a new curtain up immediately. Kudos to your staff, i have never seem such prompt service....ever. Thank you

Great location, excellent service and accommodations!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The staff is the epitome of courtesy, helpfulness, and kindness ... you can't ask for more than what they delivered, it was superior! The room accommodations were great ... the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was such a nice size, as was the room. Excellent! Then, when I left I accidentally left behind a cherished ring in the room safe ... called as soon as I realized it and the staff could not have been more helpful. They went immediately to the room, found it, and sent it back to me ... so, add honesty to the list of attributes of the staff!!!!

In general the staff was nice and friendly excluding the accusation for smoking in the room.

Staff called and accused us for smoking in the room. My wife explained to the cleark that we are none smokers. He told my wife he will send a Manager immediately and did not believe her. 1 minute later a staff member came to the room and we let him in to see for himself. He then found that the they had a broken fire detector and replaced the unit without an apology for accusing us for smoking and lying.

Stayed in a suite that was very nice.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Stayed in a suite that was very nice. Great location! Meagan at the front desk was the most professional, personable and helpful employee!! She really went out of her way to make our stay pleasant.

Always a great stay
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The parking deck was too low for my son to park his truck so he had to park a couple of blocks away.

This is a thanksgiving tradition for our family and we always enjoy The Hampton. The staff is great and the location is fantastic.

The location of the hotel to the places that we frequented,...
    • King Room with Balcony

The location of the hotel to the places that we frequented, was the best!!! The free breakfast was VERY tasty and plentiful with many choices for your appetite . The staff was more than friendly. Everyone smiled and greeted you every time you came in contact with them.

Great helpfull staff clean good rooms
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

car parking charge, air con was a bit dry and could not open windows, small bar which shut early on weekday

Clarence the night staff man was so helpfull with a friend in a wheelchair

Breakfast buffet was kept fresh and offered a nice selection...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Room maintenance was not perfect: Our bedside light fixture had a burnt out bulb and the on/off switch was broken. In fairness, the staff fixed the problem immediately after we reported it.

Breakfast buffet was kept fresh and offered a nice selection of items. The location was perfect for seeing the sights in downtown Memphis

Perfect bedroom.
    • King Room with Balcony

The staff didn't have information for tours or public transport.

Perfect bedroom. Really clean. Lots of options for breakfast. Just a block from Beale Street.

Stay here. Great location, stress free hotel. Trust me.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Only thing I would change is the furniture. It's a really pretty hotel but the wood looks cheap and I am just being petty. That is how much I enjoyed this place! Very friendly staff! Always hot coffee!!!!!

staff was great, hotel was pretty, location was awesome! walked to a lot more than just Beale St. Worth the extra penny for being right where you should be.

Perfect location. Wonderful staff.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fire alarm went off at 3am.Some moron smoking in their room!!! Totally not the hotel's fault.

The eggs were good but I couldn't find the ketchup or strawberry jame. The sausages were excellent. The coffee perfect😸

Best location ever
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds and sink/counter top are designed for large, tall people so a bit uncomfortable for us.

What a great location, just around the corner from Beale St. It enabled us to hop back and forth from the venues to the hotel during our stay. The room was comfortable and clean. Breakfast was okay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, way beyond our expectations. There's a coffee/tea bar in the lobby which satisfied our cravings.

Great hotel and location, can walk to many restaurants and sights
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Wonderful bedding, great view, nice indoor pool and hot tub, liked the Neutrogena products...the staff was excellent, especially Chad at the front desk and Sabrina our housekeeper =)

Excellent stay really enjoyed. Parking was great and good value. Staff were great. Only drawback is

The noise of music from Beale St was very loud so if you don't want disturbed then consider elsewgere

Staff were great and so friendly. Location was ideal

Memphis done
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Tired very basic facilities but suited our purpose as didn’t spend time in hotel save to sleep. Wouldn’t have wanted to have holiday centred round this hotel.

Location was key feature.

Very nice and friendly staff.

The noise level was awful!! I don't mean from the street, it's Beale St. and I expect music and crowds outside. What was awful was the hotel noise!! The room door was almost useless for shutting out the noise and conversations out in the Hall!! The doors have NO sound insulation. The carts of the cleaning crews were banging around and the conversions were almost like they were standing in the room!

Very nice and friendly staff. The Breakfast was good.

Location was good, very close to Beale St.

Location was good, very close to Beale St. They offer free ear plugs at the front desk for the loud music from surrounding bars but we didn't use them as the music didn't seem to go very late. Our room was clean and the staff were very courteous and friendly. The coin operated laundry room in the hotel was an added bonus and the hotel sold small packets of laundry detergent.

Great value hotel close to Beale Street

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Great location around the corner from all the nightlife on Beale Street. A nice breakfast was included as well.

Excellent, and conveniently located downtown.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Would have liked a better selection of fresh fruit (pineapple, honey dew, blueberries, watermelon) and cottage cheese.

Room was clean and modern, especially liked the padded bench as a place to set my open suitcase. Beds and pillows were spot on and I had a great nights sleep.

We'll be back.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The homeless. But that's everywhere.

Mario at the front desk was such a helpful and fun person. All the staff was polite. We loved our location. We had a blast.

Wouldn't rush to book another Hampton Inn
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Bathroom really needed updating. Felt a bit run down. Breakfast ok-ish. Paper plates etc made it feel very fast food, as well as shocking environmentally. Wifi hit and miss

Not sure how this compares to other Hampton Inns as its the only one we have ever used. Great location. Staff mostly helpful. Especially with wifi problems.

we had a wonderful time.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

there was a couple in the lobby area during breakfast who allowed their kids to jump on the couch, run around and make noise. They were waiting for a room - but it was extremely disruptive and it was difficult to enjoy our meal.

The front desk staff was wonderful - and the breakfast staff was very friendly and accommodating.

Our stay was a fantastic family weekend!

can't think of a thing.

We enjoyed the location - everything that we wanted to do was in walking distance. The breakfast was yummy. We enjoyed the pool and hot tub and the people who worked there were friendly and very helpful. Also great rates!

Breakfast included.

Noise. Not informative at check in. We were not offered any information or printed materials to plan our stay and what Memphis had to offer.

Breakfast included. Close to Beale, however was not aware we would awaken to loud music at 2:00 a.m.

Great location!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Couldn't find my reservation (30 minute wait while they called Booking.com). Made a new reservation for me and charged me a no show fee on my original reservation. Successfully disputed the charge but what a pain.

Great location!

Great hotel in a very cool city.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The beds were too firm--very hard mattresses on both beds in our room. Otherwise, we were extremely happy with our room. The additional charges to pay for parking was bit disappointing too.

Fast elevators, access to the parking lot was easy and the staff was helpful, friendly and very approachable--They couldn't have been nicer!! :)

Location! Location! Location -:)
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

Parking was a little high but safe and convenient.

The staff was great, especially Mario during our check in and our entire stay. Location - perfect for seeing all the sites.

Excellent place to stay to enjoy Memphis. Centrally located, nice rooms and friendly staff.

We shouldn't have to park in the garage.

The king room was wonderful! Giant bed, lots of space to move around and a really nice bathroom. Everything was neat and clean and the view was great. Staff super friendly and helpful.

Great location for Beale Street.
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

The Breakfast was fantastic! The Hotel very close to Beale street. Please inform your guest ahead of time about the sounds coming from Beale str Blues.

great stay at Beagle St

had no problems but parking was 18.00 and 24 hours for general public was 17.00

breakfast was good, staff was very friendly and room was very comfortable

Nice
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

Beds and room were small. Parking was $18 per day.

Comfortable rooms. Good breakfast. Clean. Friendly staff. Lots of things to do within walking distance. Parking garage.

Loved our stay in Memphis
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access

It needs a little more signage for the unloading of luggage and parking.

Comfortable beds, beautiful room, great location, good breakfast, excellent coffee! Being that we are music store owners and musicians, the music we could hear and see on Beale from our room didn't bother us at all! We are very pleased with our choice of hotels!

Excellent place to stay for a view of Beale street!
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds

I thought I had booked a conjoining suite room, but other than that it was fine. They were able to get me two rooms on the same floor.

The bed and pillows were so comfortable.

Pricey but an awesome place to stay for Beale Street.
    • King Room with Balcony

The suite we had was absolutely wonderful, but the Air Condition blew directly over the bed and was very uncomfortable. We had a time redirecting the vent. Plus there was moist dust on the vent and some mildew.

Hotels very close to Beale Street. We have a suite with a balcony overlooking the street below. It's very safe to walk around the hotel to Beale Street. Our suite was absolutely wonderful. And the breakfast was great.

Great experience!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The staff were wonderful. They let us park on the property when we arrived early then got our rooms ready for us early for check in. When we were leaving I left my pillow in the room and a staff member walked all the way to the parking garage to return it to me. Great experience. Very clean and great staff!!

Our favorite place to stay in Memphis!
    • King Room with Roll-In Shower - Disability Access

The only thing negative to say about this place is the small "round-about" style of checking in & to wait to enter the parking garage.

My husband really enjoyed the omelet style eggs for breakfast. Last time he had slept through breakfast hours, so he was pleasantly surprised.

Browse Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street traveller photo gallery