2. USA hotel reviews
  3. Tennessee hotel reviews
  4. Memphis hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown

Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis Germantown This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

1680 S Germantown Rd. , Memphis, TN 38138, United States of America

#2 of 136 hotels in Memphis

9.8

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Excellent, modern, pet-friendly hotel in suburban Memphis

This property is brand new, and Hampton Inn has done an excellent job of styling/designing it. The appearance is fresh and modern. All of the desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful. My room, and perhaps all of the rooms, are concept rooms. My room was awesome. It was modern and clean in design. I really loved its look. The room had a smart TV that enabled me to log in to my Netflix account. The TV was also great in that it was easy to find channels and know what was on. There was a mini fridge, microwave and tiny coffee/tea pot in the room as well. The bathroom was so well designed. It was bright and there was plenty of counter space. I loved the chaise lounge with little table that was in my room. Honestly, this Hampton Inn was so much better than some of the higher end hotels I've stayed in when traveling for work. The breakfast wasn't fancy or anything, but there were plenty of options, and I thought it was great. The coffee was good too. I loved that the hotel was pet-friendly. There was plenty of grass outside for walking my dog. They even have a station outside where poop bags are provided. The lobby was not carpeted and neither was the entry or bathroom of my room. The flooring was wood-looking and very cool/modern. My dog is calm, clean and well behaved, but I still found it incredibly smart that they had the foresight to have non-carpeted spaces in a pet-friendly hotel. I hadn't stayed at a Hampton Inn in many, many years, but will definitely choose it for my future travels if this hotel in Germantown is consistent with how the brand has evolved as a whole. Well done, Hampton Inn!

Stayed in December 2018

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

So happy!

Everything! Our stay was so comfortable and relaxed! We were able to log in to our personal Netflix account from the TV, the shower was good sized and had excellent water pressure, the breakfast was very good, and the staff was so nice! The room was cozy for two people; we really enjoyed staying here.

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Wonderful 🙌🏾💜
    • King Corner Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

I really love my stay here this past weekend. Breakfast is a 7 out of 10. The staff was very friendly and helpful as well . Oh how I love the cleanness of the hotel 20 out of 20. I’ll book a room here again and again. 💜

Stayed in November 2018

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

I like the breakfast that was offered, the location, and the...

There wasn't anything that i didn't like.

I like the breakfast that was offered, the location, and the cleaness of the room and the hotel. Terrell was very helpful and nice. I would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: October 5, 2018

Overall everything was exceptional!!!

There was nothing we didn't like about the hotel and its location.

A different breakfast meal each morning and the front desk personnel were very professional and helpful with information on the area. We got to know them more on a personal level, which made our stay more enjoyable and hard to leave.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2018

Bed was extremely comfortable!

Not within walking distance to any restaurants or places to get late night snacks. The shower leaked a little so after a shower, a good part of the bathroom floor would be wet. But very small things, overall, we loved our stay!

Bed was extremely comfortable! Front desk staff was very pleasant to interact with. The going away chocolate at the end was a nice touch. Additionally, it was very quiet at night which was appreciated!

• Reviewed: October 2, 2018

Room was quiet and not disturbed by vehicle traffic, staff...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The fire alarm was "tested" without prior notification while in room. When went downstairs to evacuate, staff was not apologetic and only mentioned alarm system was being tested. Nothing like being alarmed for nothing.

Room was quiet and not disturbed by vehicle traffic, staff or others staying.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2018

There was very low and no cell signal at times.

There was very low and no cell signal at times. I told the manager and he said because the building was so soundproof it had problems getting signals in certain parts of the building. I told him I was concerned especially being a lone traveler in case of an emergency my family couldn't get hold of me. Great building, room and breakfast however this will hinder me in staying there again.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

Great facility and I would stay there again if i needed to be in the area.

the bed was very comfy, breakfast choices could have had a few more items but overall it was very filling and the space was very nicely laid out. the chaise lounge in the room was a nice addition. Loved the bathroom facility. Overall, I was was quite pleased with the accomodations.

• Reviewed: August 13, 2018

Very clean room and breakfast area, great complimentary...

Very clean room and breakfast area, great complimentary breakfast, well kept swimming pool, plenty of parking, friendly staff, close to restaurants and shops

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

New, attractive decor, great room size, very good bed, good...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Scrambled eggs.....I like soft, fluffy eggs....these were not. But I ate them!

New, attractive decor, great room size, very good bed, good breakfast, attractive common space, friendly to our friendly dogs. Good location

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Modern hotel with nice amenities and good breakfast

The only thing I would change are the blinds. The blinds do not close fully above the air conditioning unit. It's a privacy issue.

I was able to check in/out quickly and the stay went smoothly. My wife enjoyed the layout of the room as well as the breakfast options.

• Reviewed: April 24, 2018

Great location and very clean property, will return
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The hotel was very busy Friday and Saturday nite and parking was very limited on Sat. I returned to the hotel Saturday evening around 11pm by myself (husband was training all nite) and there was not a single parking spot. I pulled up at the front door and ran inside to ask where I should park, hoping he would tell me the curb along from where 4 others were parked but instead I was greeted by the evening guy and when I asked he did I had to park in overflow across the street. I explained I was by myself tonite and didn’t feel comfortable. He quickly told me the security guy would walk me back and also that I was in the safest zip code in Tennessee. I replied that I lived in Germantown/Collierville several years ago and I knew there was crime. Begrudgingly I walked out, parked at the jewelry store and got out while security stood at the end of property watching me come to hotel. By the way it was pouring down rain. Checking out Monday I told the two desk clerks about my experience and they were so apologetic and knew exactly who I was speaking about. They continued to apologize and told me I should have parked out front and disregarded him. The morning staff was so nice and I told them we would return and tell our friends in case they needed hotel for out of town guests.

From the moment I walked in I was greeted in a friendly manner and quick check in. Our room was lovely and it was nice with two windows for natural lite. Coffee bar and refrigerator was helpful with nice counter space. The bathroom facilities were nice with good counter space and plenty of hangers in the closet.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Very good

No microwaveable cups in room.Recommend management consider this for safety. My husband put one of the waxed paper cups in the microwave & it started to smoke! Other than this,no complaints & would definitely stay here again

New clean well run hotel in convenient location. Attentive staff. Nice having microwave & fridge in room.Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: March 25, 2018

Awesome Hotel
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

There wasn't really anything bad or wrong with this hotel.

It was a secure very nice part of town. There is several places to eat very close to the hotel.

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

Very comfortable beds.

A bit costly, but the quality of the hotel warrants the cost.

Very comfortable beds. Immaculately clean new showers. Fridge in the room. Trendy contemporary decor.

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Very nice. Althought filled with gobs of soccer teams, we never heard them.
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Everything was so nice. The Hampton Inn we stayed the first 3 days of the week in Pine Bluff, AR included mouthwash and 2 bottles of water in the refrigerator. Very nice option

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

Over all our stay was excellent, staff very friendly and helpful.
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

The photo is accurate if you are driving north but driving south there is a very small sign that is hard to see. Had some trouble locating my confirmation number checking in.

• Reviewed: December 29, 2017

Overall enjoyable BUT the size of the room caused family issues.
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

This is NOT what I would consider a suite. This was really only a king size room. There was no dresser and the closet was located in the bathroom.

The staff was very friendly. The free breakfast was good with lots of variety.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2017

Nice and quiet. Great service.

The shower door did not stay shut. The sliding door is great if you are traveling alone. If someone is the the restroom and someone is looking in the closet and the person comes out of the restroom, you close the door on them. Could get someone hurt.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

good beds, wonderful breakfast , and coffee anytime I wanted it. wonder, Will stay there again.

The power went out but this was not the fault of Hampton the power problem came from a auto accident near by.

we were able to have a family get together around the pool as we had family fly in and many live in Germantown Tenn.

• Reviewed: July 21, 2017

Super Stay! We will be back!

I can't think of anything.

Everything! Great and safe area of Germantown.Wonderfully fresh with great amenities. Super staff allowed us to check in a little early so we had more time with our granddaughters.

• Reviewed: May 24, 2017

SIMPLY the BEST in Germantown...5STAR 💯

There was nothing NOT to like👍🏾

We really didn't take the time to explore what was close by because we needed to reach our destination. The Breakfast at the Hotel was great and the Staff was AWESOME 😀😀

• Reviewed: May 23, 2017

Should be able to choose checkout time maybe for an additional fee if later than hotel original time had to check out 8 hours before flight

Free breakfast luxury style room for the price. Quiet

• Reviewed: May 16, 2017

Everything was wonderful!

Nothing! Loved it all!

Everything was wonderful! The beds are very comfortable and the breakfast was very tasty! All employees here were so friendly and helpful too!

• Reviewed: May 2, 2017

Wonderful new hotel! Loved it!

Everything was new and clean. Everyone, especially Carlos, was very helpful. I found it on Booking.com and we were very pleased. We left clothes in the closet and Betsy is holding them for a relative to pick them up. Thanks!!

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

The rooms were absolutely beautiful and the staff was great.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

The Sheets were terrible. It was like I had gone to Dollar General bought sheets and put them on the bed.

The rooms were absolutely beautiful and the staff was great.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Staff facilities cleanliness

Staff facilities cleanliness

• Reviewed: October 17, 2018

Great, will stay again!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Mattress and pillows could have been better.

The friendly Staff, Breakfast being available till 10 am !!

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

The property was neat and tidy with great service from the...
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

The property was neat and tidy with great service from the front desk staff and the hosts.

Absolutely wonderful property!
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Clean, comfortable beds, spacious rooms and beautifully decorated. Staff was friendly.

• Reviewed: September 30, 2018

We had a great time & enjoyed the surroundings.

Not enough local restaurants.

Everything was very nice.

• Reviewed: August 20, 2018

Quick Family Weekend Getaway

Great pool area. Excellent breakfast, and extremely nice employees.

• Reviewed: August 15, 2018

Great hotel with a great breakfast!

Great hotel with a great breakfast! Having a nightlight in the bathroom is nice

• Reviewed: August 8, 2018

I was great, the breakfast was wonderful!

Air conditioner unit in room blowing the blinds open, minor detail

Everything about the stay was great!

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Great rooms.

Great location. Easy to get to and close to a lot of shopping and restaurants.

Great rooms. Very clean and modern.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Fantastic Property

The room was spacious and clean. We loved how big our bathroom was and how relaxed we were there. We will definetly be staying there again soon!!

• Reviewed: June 16, 2018

Bed was excellelnt

Bed was excellelnt

• Reviewed: May 28, 2018

Expensive but verynice
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Only 1 small sign, which Imissed; I would never havefoundit without gps!

Very nice overall

• Reviewed: May 26, 2018

It was ok bathroom was clean and modern bed wasn't very comfortable but overall 6.5 out 10 rating

Covers on bed wasn't clean

Location was convient for me close to my family that I was there visiting

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Bathroom/ closet door was weird.

Bathroom/ closet door was weird. No drawer space.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Cleanliness and very polite staff.
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Cleanliness and very polite staff.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Nice hotel
    • King Studio Suite - Non-Smoking

Nothing at all. It was very nice quite and comfortable.

Very nice and clean. Staff was nice and pleasant. Room was very spacious

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Charged Twice
    • King Room - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

We were charged TWICE and its just a pain to get it fixed. Takes away from our enjoyment of the hotel.

Very clean, very nice.

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

They didn't have an indoor pool and the room was kinda...

They didn't have an indoor pool and the room was kinda small

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice, clean and roomy. Location was perfect. I
    • King Suite with Sofa Bed - Hearing Access/Non-Smoking

Room, staff, location

• Reviewed: March 21, 2018

Love the ambiance and modernization of the hotel.

Love the ambiance and modernization of the hotel. Nice staff, great breakfast and comfortable bedding.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

It was very clean.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

It was very clean. The decor was very stylish and bright.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Great Hotel!!

Beds are really comfortable,spacious shower.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2018

Our stay was great, I felt safe and secure!

More choices on the breakfast bar

The room was super clean, The beds were comfortable and the staff was professional!

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

great free breakfast, comfortable bed/room

great free breakfast, comfortable bed/room

• Reviewed: October 19, 2017

Perfect!!!

Beautiful, clean, professional staff

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

It was wonderful.

On the breakfast menu grits and bacon could have been served as well as the other dishes.

• Reviewed: October 12, 2017

Really cosy bed!

Really cosy bed!

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Handle on toilet was loose.

Handle on toilet was loose.

• Reviewed: August 21, 2017

Classy and clean

Classy and clean

• Reviewed: August 7, 2017

Excellevt

• Reviewed: July 23, 2017

Very comfortable & enjoyable stay

Beautiful well kept facility.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

overall nice facility.

overall nice facility. staff was nice, location nice and cleanliness superb

• Reviewed: June 28, 2017

New, clean, nice part of town.

New building. Restaurant Southern Social close by and was delicious dinner.

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

Great new place to stay and you can bring the whole family including your puppies!!!

Everything. That you are pet friendly!!

• Reviewed: June 13, 2017

Nice new place

Very nice new Hampton Inn.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2017

Great trip

N/a

I liked the whole experience it was nice there

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

This Hampton Inn is very pleasant. I would stay there next time I'm in the area.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible - Non-Smoking

There was only one chair in the room for two people

Great Breakfast, great people, all very good

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

All was good

There are also 37 reviews without text. These impact the overall review score.