Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami Airport South/Blue Lagoon 2 stars

777 Northwest 57th Avenue, Miami, FL 33126, USA

#45 of 213 hotels in Miami

Very clean
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My granddaughter was getting surgery at the Miami Children’s Hospital and I live in Boca Raton. I was looking for a hotel that had good reviews, breakfast included and close to the hospital. I took a chance with this hotel and I was not disappointed. As soon as you enter, you notice how clean it is. Also, the staff is very friendly.

I would stay at the hotel again, great location and the staff accommodating, price was right
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping should note the amount of individuals in a room in order to accommodate the guest with the wash clothes and towels. Had a problem with obtaining wash clothes & towels. if 5 peoples are in a room we should of received 5 wash clothes and 5 towels, not 4 towels and 2 wash clothes, had to call everyday for extra towels and clothes. the room was clean and tidy, but the ceilings need to be buffed, the direction the air conditioner blows the air in the living room/bedroom the ceiling is very dusty. As far as breakfast another station needs to be set up for the waffles. You had to wait/or say excuse me to get to the sternos to obtain food, because the waffle station was too close to the sternos, folks that were making waffles would not move and not enough room/space in that area. Long line for waffles needs another burner.

The hotel was in a convenient, safe, area, parking safe surroundings.. The room was able to sleep 5 Mc Donald's across, mini mall and gas station across the street, Olive Gardens, Steak house not to far down the road.

Absolutely fantastic staff and facility!
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Absolutely fantastic staff and facility! Great location. The shuttle service to and from the airport was on time and friendly drivers. We also used the shuttle for fee, to the port which was also on time and excellent! The breakfast was very good. The staff is absolutely amazing!

Since we were at the college all day , it was very convenient to be a that close.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The direct tv kept shutting off the program after turning it on for 5 min.

We stayed there for college orientation and found that it was very convenient and safe.

Convenient and staff was extremely friendly!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing and the staff was so friendly when we got there. They also were able to check us in early- which was the best because we had just docked from the cruise. So we were extremely tired before our flight. Great stay especially because they have a shuttle to and from MIA airport which made our life easy.

Bed was comfy.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

hotel did not offer cruise terminal shuttle

Bed was comfy. Rooms were nice. Free breakfast was great, pool and hot tub area was nice and well maintained.

Stayed there day before our cruise with friends.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Stayed there day before our cruise with friends. they have tables and chairs by the pool. a lot of people including us hung out just chatting by the pool until 10:00pm. We ran across street and got some beer and instead of going across street for dinner we order delivery. There were a lot of people doing same thing. Since there are about 8 places that deliver and they were close it was only a $3.00 delivery charge. We loved it.

It was good
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I asked for a fan & never received a response that yes they could provide a fan or no they couldn’t & of course I never received one. I was very disappointed with that.

The room was comfortable but we were there only because our flight to Memphis was cancelled

A great start to our amazing vacatiin.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Internet wasn't working well so we couldn't really recieve any messages.

The breakfast was an amazing touch to be able to get up and have such an awesome breakast was a big positive.

We stayed at this hotel twice during the Christmas holidays.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We stayed at this hotel twice during the Christmas holidays. The secocnd time we were first given a room that had a strong smell of detergent (maybe the wall-to-wall carpet had just been shampooed) so we had to change rooms but after that it went without a hinge.

This is a very good alternative if you only need a hotel...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a very good alternative if you only need a hotel room between flights. It is a short ride away from the airport and next to a small mall where you get everything you need from groceries to pharmacies. The hotel is a bit too expensive and the corridors show some wear and tear but otherwise it´s very recommendable.

Excellent place to use as a base - comfortable and good value

The air conditioner in our room was noisy but we turned it off once the room was the right temp and it stayed that way - comfortable.

For either a 'stopover' or a place to base yourself, Hampton Inn is a good choice. We flew in and hired a car and found the hotel easily - parking was free and easy to get from the carpark to the room. We found it great to get and from everywhere we wanted to go. Bed was extra comfortable, room was a good size and very clean. Enjoyed having a bath after 3 weeks on a cruise and showers only. Breakfast was included. Staff were helpful. A casual atmosphere - all made it very easy to come and go as we wanted.

gareat value!
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

heated pool... although it was unseasonably cold in Miami

staff was so nice! i was travelling with my husband who is legally blind and then three kids under 6. the dining room was full, they opened the board room to accommodate us. we had a king suite and it was fully equipped with everything! including a dishwasher to wash baby bottles!it was a great stay!

Nice bed, clean room but they need to replace their televisions.

The television would loose the signal and blank out than it would automatically go to the menu screen. Very hard to watch a show at night when trying to relax. Had staff look at the tv but didn’t act up when they looked at it.

Close to the airport and restaurants. 35 minutes from Miami Beach.

Great Miami hotel for cruisers. So convenient!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Everything was just perfect. Wonderful staff. Great rooms. Good breakfast. Great shuttle service to/from airport. Great location for cruisers with Publix for wine purchases across the street too. We loved it and stay there again.

This time the parking was an issue as the parking garages...
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

This time the parking was an issue as the parking garages full almost every night of our stay.... We use the hotel due to the safety as we are there to do shopping

It was a great stay and very near to shoping locations.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didnt like that I had to put up $50 for incidentals. Ten changes to one there will be none and I have to tie up my money that way. Suggest you wait on the incidentals.

room was cosy. Bathroom clean

Ideal location

The location was excellent. Some amenities was within walking distance. The shuttle service makes a difference especially to the children's hospital.

Good stay.

My experience was good however my card was double charged with holds by mistake. The staff member did try to get the holds removed quicker but this would take 3 business days. Meanwhile this caused some overdrafts on my card. We had no money to pay for transportation back to the airport. Here is where great customer service comes in. I called back to the hotel explained the situation they paid for me a taxi back to the hotel and then shuttled us to the airport. I really appreciated that. Even though mistakes happen they didn't leave me out to dry! Now I got to deal with the overdraft fee but things happen live and learn! I will stay here again. Maybe use a different method of payment.

Very comfy bed.

The staff and breakfast were great!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Needed key to use elevator.

The staff and breakfast were great! Nice quiet rooms to stay at before cruise. The only negative is front desk didn't tell us about using key card in elevator. We went up and down four times before someone helped us.

We had an enjoyable and relaxing stay.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was almost the same thing everyday. Could have some more variety.

Using the pool and hot tub in the night after a long day out was refreshing. The long length of time that the gym was opened gave us ample time to use the gym. My daughter enjoyed making the waffles at breakfast.

A great quiet place very close to the sirport
    • King Room with Shower - Non Smoking

I liked the friedly staff. We came in at 1am and the staff were alert and friendly warm and welcoming to us.transaction processed quickly and we were in our room.

If you don't want to sleep, stay here!

The hotel is on a way too busy street. There was drag racing and police chases all night. Let's say we didn't get much sleep after a long flight/day!

The room was nice and clean and the person who checked us in was nice.

Overall okay but need to think a bit more about customer services.

I have enquired about the overcharging on 26th May 2017 for Mr Hasmukh Patel - charged $308 instead of $158. I was advised they would respond within 24 Hours. It is over 48Hours ad have not heard from them yet. I will have to phone them to get a response from UK.

Reasonably satisfactory hotel with all the basic necessary requirements included.

Nearness to airport

For some reason the shuttle did not come to the airport designated door after waiting over an hour and I called the hotel 3 times. I had been up for well over 30 hours by that time. Finally, they told me to take a taxi. I did, and they did reimburse me. I stayed there twice--once on the way to the Peruvian Amazon and once on the way back. The first time the shuttle was right there. I don't know what happened the second time! Everything else was fine. It would be nice if they had a place to eat in the hotel, but there are nearby restaurants within safe walking distance.

Nearness to airport

After sleeping all day on Monday, as we were leaving they...
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

After sleeping all day on Monday, as we were leaving they were cleaning the room in front of ours. I asked if we could have our room cleaned too because we needed new towels and everything and the lady said we weren't on the schedule. I guess because we had do not disturb on the door all morning, they skipped us and they don't come back when they do. That was the only problem I had. Everything else was wonderful.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Nice Stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I did not like that although booking was made for 3 persons, for some reason, toiletries and seating in the room is designed for 2 persons.

The general ambiance of the room.

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nice hotel -- great place to stay before a cruise.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We called after we booked to inquire about the airport and cruise terminal shuttles. They were able to answer our questions about the airport shuttle, but were stumped about the port shuttle. It appeared that the person answering the phone was not the desk person at the actual hotel because every question led to minutes of computer tapping and no clear answers. We did not learn about the availability of purchasing a shuttle ride from the port back to the airport (after our cruise) until the day we were leaving to go on our trip. It would have been nice to know of that service in advance. Otherwise, the transportation was well done and the hotel was a great place to stay the night before our cruise.

Happy to stay here again.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Clean and very friendly staff. Have to mention ms.Indira who was so helpfull in getting us settled in and very good at her job. Our pickup from the airport went smoothly with Alfredo and I was very happy staying here. Will surely come back again.

It was verry good located from a shopping center.

Great place for a pre-cruise or post-cruise stay.

Wish the shuttle went to the cruise-port.

Really like the layout of this hotel, very spacious and bright. Very clean! I never have any second thoughts when booking with Hampton Inn.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

nice staff not so nice hotel

the staff was extremely nice and helpful at reception that is ! room was smelly (wet socks ) should have dinner available, comfortable bed good location 20mins to dolphin mall

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Good thing to know if cruising!

Can't book the park and cruise/fly package through booking.com which was not noted on the booking.com website. Cost me a couple hundred extra dollars.

Great value for the location!

• Reviewed: 3 April 2017

Overall nice hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The room was very humid. We were told that the air turned off in the room when the was no movement in the room. Took a while once we arrived for the air to kick in and for humidity to get out of air.

The ladies who worked the breakfast area kept everything clean and were always stocking food before it ran out. Good variety for breakfast and lots of dining tables. The shuttle service contracted by this hotel was great and we arranged to get picked up by them to go to the airport after the cruise. Very professional service.

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Nice location, great staff but somewhat dirty room
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The bathroom was dirty, the floor and vanity was covered with hair. One of the beds had hair in the sheets, made me wonder if they had been changed.

The convenience of the airport transportation was great and the staff was awesome.

• Reviewed: 8 February 2017

Losing its appeal due to pricing.

I have used the property many times in the past but becoming expensive and in danger of "pricing itself out of the market".

Very convenient for MIA. Helpful staff. Good breakfast.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2016

Wonderful few days in Chicago.

We asked for extra coffee saying we were big coffee drinkers and they said housekeeping would leave when servicing room. They didn't actually they took the decaf away! Had to request early the next morning. They sent someone up but a reminder call shouldn't be needed.

Loved the beautiful room with wonderful views of lake and Navy Pier. Bathroom was gorgeous and one really felt pampered. Loved that you had wineglasses, corkscrew, along with the basic beverage offerings. Loved the security of building.

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

A good hotel for a transit night in Miami.
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Breakfast minimalistic and long queues. Walls between rooms are very thin and shake when neighboring doors are closed

Clean and comfortable. Friendly reception.

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

If you want clean, roomy and close to the airport with an acceptable price, this could work for you.

The breakfast was included but it was just okay, the food honestly could have been a bit better

The bed was great and the room was large. The lobby is basic and they were great to hold our luggage so we could drive down to see the Fla. keys. It was handy the airport so it made leaving easy. Parking was included I believe. The rate was acceptable, not cheap but not outrageous.

• Reviewed: 27 October 2016

Great price, location and comfort. Your definite choice if you wish to shop without renting a car.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Not much to complaint about really given the price. Even the pool is great.

Extremely convenient location. If you stay for a couple of days, you can do all your shopping without having to rent a car. They have a shuttle service to Dolphin Mall and there is an open shopping center right across the street: Publix, GNC, Burlington, Starbucks, Office Depot, UPS, etc.. as well as a couple of good restaurants. CVS & Walgreens are also next door.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Ilsa and Monica were great basically everyone we're...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Ilsa and Monica were great basically everyone we're helpful and friendly

The breakfast was Great, and the area and service to the...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was Great, and the area and service to the port was great, the perfect location,when you are taking a cruise leaving out of miami

all we needed
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

A/C was a bit noisy when you are not used to it

All as expected and we would stay here again

Our stay was short and the accommodations where comfortable.

One of the elevators didn't work right.

The security leading into the parking lot. The rooms where clean.

Elizabeth And Stephanie were fabulous and helped
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Elizabeth And Stephanie were fabulous and helped Us get our airline tickets printed. The attendant that checked us in was not friendly at all!

Efficient shuttle

Long wait to check in

Efficient shuttle

airport hotel
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

no fridge and no microwave

close to airport ,afternoon snacks ,good shuttle to airport

Overall it's a great hotel to stay
    • King Room with Shower - Non Smoking

The room location . The occasional noise from the gym and the kitchen area .

Great hospitality. The shuttle service.

Nicest Hampton we have stayed at
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Very clean and comfortable. Extremely close to the airport

very good..i stayed here before and will choose here over other hotels..convenient and very clean

Bed not too comfortable

General cleanliness

Comfortable and near the airport. There are many shops closer the hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The mall and shops around the hotel. The breakfast is good too. Quiet and comfortable room.

Room was comfortable

Room was comfortable

Pleasant and enjoyable!

Hate the elevator security.

We enjoyed sitting out by the pool and ordering supper. It was very relaxing.

There was no restaurant

There was no restaurant

Good value for price.

Didn’t like the breakfast.

Pre cruise stay

Helpful staff at front desk

Sofa bed was uncomfortable

Location and the swimming pool

Very good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That there was not a refrigerator

Comfort of the room.

Beautiful facility and wonderful location to stay at before...
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Beautiful facility and wonderful location to stay at before cruise.

Wonderful night stay

Great hotel

Was a quick overnight before an onward flight so was perfectly fine!

Breakfast.

Very clean and staff friendly.

Hard to park

Hard to park

Great for what i needed

Iffy neighborhood

Pool and breakfast

Overpriced
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Paper thin walls poor transportation

food and groceries close by.

Breakfast and transportation to/from airport
    • King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Beds are hard and foam pillows become very hot within five minutes.

Breakfast and transportation to/from airport

Adequate for an emergency but not a place to stay if you have other options

Generic type room , everything on the cheep side

It was ok
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Food went bad

No the eggs was not to good

Close to the airport.

Bathrooms needed upgrade.

Close to the airport.

Good breakfast and near location to the airport.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The initially over-charged our stay.

Good breakfast and near location to the airport. Also, there is a Publix pretty closed.

Breakfast was terrible.

Breakfast was terrible.

Convenient location

Convenient location

Little choice at breakfast.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Little choice at breakfast. Rubbery omelettes.

Great Pillows, good breakfast

Great Pillows, good breakfast

Great stay
    • Double Suite with Kitchenette - Non-Smoking

Staff very nice. Breakfast good. Rooms large.

Loved the location and Starbucks and Publics across the street.

Room was hot and did not improve.

Loved the ease of check-in. Someone at the front desk always.