Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-Doral Dolphin Mall 3 stars

11600 Northwest 41st Street, Doral, Miami, FL 33178, USA

#50 of 213 hotels in Miami

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The dining chairs in the room were stained/looked like they needed to be cleaned.

The front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. The shuttle drivers : Althea, Leon and Barbara were very courteous and punctual and safe drivers. Everyone made us feel welcome. They are very hard working.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We arrived early coming off a cruise and we were able to check in to our room immediately. Very helpful front desk staff. Clean hotel and enjoyed the 24hr complimentary coffee service. As well as the breakfast in the morning was great options.

Lobby area looks a bit gloomy and uninviting.

Friendly staff good breakfast and clean room checked in a day late but was given ssme rate and not penalised

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The staff and friendly and accommodating. The location is perfect for the guest who's coming in for a shopping experience in the Miami/Doral area. The free shuttle service to the 3 locations is fantastic and well structured. Breakfast included is a definite plus.

Only that there was no shuttle from the airport but this was minor compared to the service to Dolphin and International Malls. Timely dropped offs and pick ups at the agreed time. Multiple times during the day if required.

The staff was amazing, Leon from the shuttle service, Erica from front desk we're absolutely fabulous. The staff members including Bruce were courteous and friendly. Always attentive to any concerns or queries. The bed was incredibly comfortable,the bathroom clean and the room in excellent condition. Warm breakfast and fruits and coffee for the munchies during the day. Super place to stay.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Hotel needs some cosmetic upgrades, carpets very old and the first room I was suppose to be in room #617 was old and musky smell. Not sure if this this was a smoking room for years but I could not bare the smell and had to change to another room, #120.

Staff were very friendly and bed was very clean.

The AC did not work in the room. They said they would give me my money back but since I booked through booking they couldn’t do anything. It was the worst stay I had the ac turned on for 5 minutes then off

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

There were some ants in the room. I guess it was due to food in the room but the property should be treated foe this.

Location, friendly staff, good breakfast.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I love the area! Right by the highway which made commuting very easy. Amazing Cuban restaurant next door ( Las Vegas ) and a shopping center down the block. The Dolphin Mall was just minutes away. Complimentary breakfast was awesome. A lot of free parking available. The concierge staff was very informative and helpful.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The cleanliness. It may have been clean but it looked dingy.

The bathroom is old the tub has been painted, just looks dirty . The hotel needs to be freshened up. The hotel was rather full . The staff was really nice. The buffet area was crowded. We waited, went back down and still the same. You are in a good location, just not up to the standard it should be for the price

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The room was clean & spacious. It offered a small kitchen & living room, which was separate from the bedroom & bathroom. The staff were friendly & the breakfast was good.

All was fine.

The overall experience was very good. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful . The room was very small for a king bed and a sofa but it was very clean, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom very well stocked with towels and toiletries. It was a bit over price, but it was taking place the US Open and the Ultra Festival. I will stay here again.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The husband and wife who drove the shuttle bus were very friendly. They made us feel like family. The person's at the front desk were also good.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Would have been nice to have a shuttle to and from the airport but if i had to choose between the airport shuttle or the one to the malls i would choose to keep the one to the malls and walmart.

My mom and I went on a shopping trip and the shuttle service to and from the malls and walmart was what made us choose this hotel. The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home, especially Leon and his wife the shuttle drivers and Erica at the front desk. They were really great. The breakfast every morning was very good and they replenished the food items so food was always available. Loved the complimentary coffee, tea and chocolate available any time of the day and the cookies available every evening. We would definitely stay here again and would definitely recommend again.

Nothing I can think of.

The bed was really like a cloud. The staff were very courteous and very friendly. The drivers were also very polite. Special mention to Leon, Althea and Barbara they are great assets to Hampton. I was sad to leave. Hampton is a home away from home.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were committed to making sure your stay was great. It was quiet, clean, and had a big selection for breakfast. I would definitely stay here again. The Dolphin Mall is a short drive away and the hotel offers a shuttle service.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

They didn't have a bill for me when I checked out and couldn't be bothered to listen to me telling them that I did NOT pay for the room through Booking.com. Just took another call right in the middle of me talking to her.

Very comfortable room. Friendly greeting by staff when I came back in the evening was nice.

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

1) The friendly staff, especially Kat at front desk and breakfast attendant. 2) the comfort of our accommodations. 3) proximity to shopping.

Didn't visit the restaurant.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Very clean and comfortable. The staff were helpful and the breakfast was more than adequate. Excellent place to stay, close to the Dolphin Mall and good restaurants. A great start to our cruise vacation.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Wifi very slow because it didn't recognized my HHonors membership. I called the frontdesk many times but nobody replied.

Clean and nice room. Well located for the airport and shopping.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

People at front desk was not helpful several times when I asked them for support about wifi, other people assign to my room and additional cost they did not inform before

Cleanly hotel

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The bathroom needed updating and cleaner tub. Rusted areas noted. Carpeting needing super cleaning, inside and immediately outside the room. Still using the not easily washable top cover on the bed. I was told the hotel was closer to my venue than actually was true.

The area was spacious. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Bed was comfortable.

Everything perfect to me

Everything is clean the breakfast Super and the people who work at the breakfast area super super nice with me they have number 10 they are the best, we love that place 😀❤️😀

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff were amazing. The shuttle service to Dolphin and International malls plus Walmart was amazing. The drivers Leon and Althea are very friendly. I remember Kat, Amanda and Eddie at the front desk. Great stay! Whenever we are in Miami we will stay here!

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Kids were cold, asked for an extra blanket since the one in the room was flimsy,was told no. Had to leave the property and drive around till I could find a shop that sold one.

• Reviewed: 15 December 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

No airport shuttle. Please review this amenity that was removed.

The shuttle drivers namely Althea and Leon Thomas were extremely great, welcoming, friendly, pleasant, homely and funny. Breakfast was good and the beds were comfy. Check in was easy, so was the staff at the Front Desk.

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

It was good for me i don't have any bad news

Its very convenient to the malls and i must say the shuttle driver LEON and his wife are amazing folks. They care about you and are very very friendly.

• Double Room - Disability Access

We arrived at the property having booked a double king room and we were upgraded to a suite. The suite was beautiful, clean and in a good state of repair . The staff were very friendly and would go the extra mile. The hot breakfast was great with a good selection I love the Hampton hotels without a doubt

I did not like that there was no microwave or mini fridge in the room. We were able to use the microwave in the lobby but we had nothing to keep our beverages in.

The rooms were very clean and updated. The bed was comfortable. The staff was extremely helpful and kind.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The hotel used to have shuttle service to and from the airport. Not anymore. Still love the shuttle service for shopping

I loved the bed, pillow and comforter

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Cleaning staff members spoke none or very little English and some of breakfast staff wasn't as friendly.

The breakfast was awesome and staff at front desk were very friendly.

No complaints

The bed was sooooo comfortable and the room was very clean,breakfast was awesome especially when it was turkey sausage. Erica has the best personality.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

We did not have any complaints. However, we would recommend that a hand sanitizer be placed in the lobby area, so guest can sanitize before having breakfast or coffee etc.

The staff were very friendly, helpful and always smiling. Front desk staff and shuttle drivers went out of their way to make us comfortable. Kudos especially to Ericia, Eddie, Alex, Leon, the senior gentleman and two female drivers. Housekeeping staff and those who prepared the breakfast. All of the staff were great, we were pleasantly surprised and satisfied.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I arrived and was told they did not have my reservation and the hotel was booked. Manager found me a room supposedly and then I was charged $20 more than my original reservation.

It was clean.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

I would have liked the option of having a free shuttle to and from the airport

the food was excellent and the staff friendly. I had trouble connecting my phone to the WiFi and the receptionist at the desk took it and did all the 'work' to get me connected!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The elevator was very slow at times.

The ability to visit various stores in one day which was made possible by the free shuttle service. Leon, the driver was excellent.

• Reviewed: 2 April 2017

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

The morning breakfast is chaos. Due to the room available, I am not sure how they can improve on this.

This was a very busy place, but the staff was very attentive and friendly! Leon, the shuttle driver is very personable and enjoys what he does!

• Reviewed: 22 February 2017

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The hotel offered free airport shuttle except they wanted to charge $44.00 to the airport!!! Free!! I had to get Uber for transport. I only booked here for the free airport shuttle as I had given back my rental. Not acceptable as it was far more than $ 400 for my stay .

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bathtub floor is rounded at bottom which makes it difficult to stand straight. Bathrooms can do with some updating.

Liked that breakfast was included and that the offering changed from day to day.

• Reviewed: 12 February 2017

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

They had no airport shuttle despite this being a specific part of my search. I requested a early checking, according to them they did not receive the request.

Despite having to wait a while for a room the staff was friendly and worked to accomodate my request.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I love the fact that it is close to shopping areas. The staff is excellent. I hope to see them the next time I come. Also the rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The fact that we got free breakfast was an extra bonus. Also the shuttle was willing to take us to shopping areas whenever we wanted which made the experience so much better. Thank you Hampton Inn & Suites. You will definitely be seeing me again.

• Reviewed: 21 December 2016

• Double Room - Disability Access

I did not like that they do not have shuttle service to and from the airport.

I liked that they had shuttle service to and from the mall. The staff were pleasant especially Alex at the front desk.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Kept awake until 4pm as right next to some music venue. Talked to Kat receptionist next morning. She said 5th floor doesn't normally get that much noise. So obviously a regular occurrence. We were shattered and had a overnight flight next day. She gave us a 30 dollar refund, no hassle. But if you want a decent restful nights sleep, don't go there. Hotel old, but clean.

• Reviewed: 2 December 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower

The AC Unit shuts in and off when the room gets to the desired temperature. I don't know if this happens in all hotels but I noticed it more here. I'm a light sleeper so this affected me.

Homey atmosphere. All the staff were very attentive, accommodating and friendly. The shuttle driver, Miguel, was like my grandpa.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2016

Cons: 1/ Shuttle schedule needs to be better organized to ensure guest are not forgotten at their requested pick up locations. There appear to be some disconnect with shuttle drivers and scheduling. Although regularly available when compared to other hotel choices, needs to be more reliable. My advice to international travelers is don't let this be a major deciding factor for booking. There are other more updated hotels well placed for shopping needs. Just download the Uber application and you can easily get around quite easily and cost effective. 2/ Front desk staff while mostly helpful can display a better body language and realize they "work" for the guest and not the hotel. While Hampton is responsible for paying salaries the guest are the persons who generate the revenue for this to be possible. Guess happiness should be of high priority. Alex was most customer oriented, welcoming, apologetic and showed empathy to your concerns. Others can learn from his customer service skills. Robinson needs to look less annoyed when guest concerns are expressed and use a common sense approach to satisfy guest needs. Doris (Front Desk Manager) was also very receptive to listening to valid concerns and was also apologetic. 3/ Breakfast is below average and just "breakfast". "Good" breakfast as stated while booking is over exaggerated. 4/ Hotel is a bit outdated and can be improved. Just an average hotel in my view as a seasoned traveler. 5/ Rooms are not sound proof and can be quite noisy due to busy surrounding highways. For those with sleep disorders request rooms overlooking the pool which is a bit more condusive to sleep. There is also a night club close by which can contribute to a noisy surrounding.

Pros : 1/ Clean rooms. 2/ Proximity to Dolphin Mall, Miami International Mall and Walmart. 3/ Regular Shuttle availability. 4/ Accommodating to late check out at no extra charge, depending on booking availability. 5/ Food choices close by and within a 5-10 minute walk.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2016

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I really can not complain about anything.

Yes bed was comfy and breakfast was great. Staff was friendly especially Alex at the front desk. Very professional.

• Reviewed: 22 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Bed was a little hard, pool area could be a little nicer, it's Florida

Good breakfast, clean room, fairly nice front desk, basically cleanliness was the best and most desirable quality. Thank you! I also needed a quiet room and the staff readily accommodated me. Tx again.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds/mattresses were not comfortable. They need to be upgraded, maybe even just a pillow top mattress pad may help.

The area was safe. Close proximity to the mall and other shopping.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

This was my 3rd time staying at a Hampton hotel and I love the way the staff takes care of you. always ready to serve you. the breakfast is aways good

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

• Queen Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Housekeeping could have been much better. Once trash wasn't emptied,refrigerator broke called the front desk and they forgot to report. Ice cream, meat etc wasted.got an other one but was noisy. house keeping was about 1 in the afternoon. Had to ask for bath soap, dish washing soap..stayed for a week with four persons and the room wasn't vacuumed once. alergic reaction. Sick for a week when I got home. sofa bed was UNCOMFORTABLE. Pool.. pfft opening hours weren't as stated. Pool was being cleaned 1 in the afyernoon. Long story short.. at the end I longed for home

Shuttle service and shuttle staff. Early breakfast(6-10) 24/7 coffee and fruit in the lobby Internet facility in the lobby Lady that checked us in, sorry don't know her name,.. very enthusiastic, friendly..

• Reviewed: 5 November 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

* The beds were a bit small for us.

* Fabulous, kind, and friendly customer service - they really did out of their way to make our stay a pleasant one * Great location

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Sleeper couch is extraordinarily uncomfortable. As for value just wanted you to know other similar hotels are a bit less expensive

Staff is great. Location is great.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Space for breakfast, it seems we went down for breakfast at rush time and then had to wait for a free table.

The way they treated me. They receive packages for no extra cost, something I look for when reserving in US cities. Free parking, free internet, kids for free.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The internet connection was very poor, only worked if we were in the lobby. Reception guy not very helpful: we wanted some pizza and asked him about it, he said call Pizza Hut. There's this great italian place Spizzigo in a strip mall just next door, we discovered the next day. Best pizza, pasta, antipasto...

• Reviewed: 7 September 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The pool wasn't particularly inviting. I wish this hotel had a complementary airport shuttle.

This hotel is perfect if you're planning a shopping trip. I love the hourly mall shuttle. I love the staff. They did whatever they could to assist.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel have a good location. You can find Burger King, Mc Donalds, Denny's, Subway etc just 5 to 10 minut walk.The frontdesk staff was very friendly, always helpful for everything you need.Ow the restaurant at side Las Vegas Cuban cuisine was wonderfull. Shuttle service to the malls and walmart was awesome. Hotel was clean. In the lobby during the day you can get tea, coffie ,cookies etc Breakfast was ok. In one word Hampton was a 10+ for me and my family. Shuttle service to the Aitport very good. We enjoyed our stay at Hampton Inn & Suites Doral. Thank youuuu

• Reviewed: 8 August 2016

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

I didn't like the fact that the shuttle don't pick you nor drop you off to the airport or the port. I mean if the hotel has a shuttle the shuttle should pick you up from the airport. i think this can increase sales.

I liked the staff, the breakfast. The shuttle dropping you to the mall and walmart.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Breakfast is a a bit crowded. Most guests have breakfast at the same time to go to the malls immediately afterwards.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle for shopping malls was reliable and made the short stay easy.

Staff is nice. Room is very confortable. There are not noises. Every thing is clean and neat.

I liked everything

The location and warmth of the staff

needs a little upgrade

The location, it’s in the heart of everything

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When booking thought it was a suite. No microwave or mini fridge in room.

Friendly staff when checking in. Breakfast was good and abundant.

Breakfast was poor

It was clean and staff was helpful and nice

Improve the breakfast

Good bed and standard breakfast

I can't think of anything wrong.

Quietness, accessibility, friendly and courteous staff.

Breakfast could be better.

Excellent location!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

Depends on what you expect, we only booked this hotel for a one night stay. The shower was fixed, wasn't able to clean the bathtub thereby.

Peaceful

• King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The shuttle service and general customer service was excellent!!

The Staff is great!!! Luis at the front desk Awsome thanks!!!

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were very comfortable, hotel was very clean and well maintained. Staff was super friendly.

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access/Roll-In Shower

They was no free shuttle to the airport

The hot breakfast they offered had a different variety every day.

Breakfast area to small.

Very clean, and the fresh smell as soon as you exit the elevator.

• King Room with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

There was no fridge in the room. i would prefer a small footmat in front of the toilet, not to get cold feet during sitting on the toilet