Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Airport 3 stars

583 Donelson Pike, Nashville, TN 37214, USA

#23 of 174 hotels in Nashville

Terrible
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The front desk staff told me they didn’t have any cots available, not a big deal. But then, we I called down to ask about extra blankets they said they didn’t have any of those either. They then offered to move us to a suite with a pull out couch and inside the pullout couch was a swarm of ants. The manager on duty did not seem concerned at all about the bugs.

Short and efficient
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

The public areas weren’t as clean as usual. The omelets were tasteless, but the breakfast had a good selection of other items

The bed was very comfortable and the shower was large and relaxing

It was clean, our room smelled amazing, staff was nice and...
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Wasn't much surrounding the area. There was a young lady who was an employee who was sitting behind the dumpster with a young male smoking marijuana.

It was clean, our room smelled amazing, staff was nice and welcoming, and the bed was comfortable.

The size of the room and the big TV in bedroom and sitting...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The size of the room and the big TV in bedroom and sitting room and the complementary breakfast and location of the property and how close to restaurants to go eat at

Clean upon entering.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

A/C leaked and carpet was soaked. Ceiling leaking in lobby. Housekeeping came in and brought towels only. No beds made or anything else.

Clean upon entering.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Breakfast was good.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Card reader from the pool was a bit finiky, did not seem to work for either of our cards

Breakfast was good. Beds were comfortable. Enjoyed the stay.

I only slept. Regardless of the price, the room should have been cleaned thoroughly
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Having to clean the bathroom prior to using it

The bathroom was filthy. I had to clean. We had to clean bathroom prior to using it. We didn't bother the staff because the night staff was not that friendly when we checked in and it was late.

I will be staying at a Hampton in the future.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Nothing . Everything was great.

Great value. Very clean rooms with comfortable beds. We had a suite. It was wonderful and lots of room. Breakfast was delicious. Love ❤️

Convenient to Nashville Airport
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

This hotel is clean and convenient to Nashville airport. It also has a shuttle running every half hour to the airport. They offer the option to leave your car there (park and fly) if you stay there. A great place to stay if you have an early morning flight.

The property was a very clean and comfortable hotel.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I was disappointed that at check in we were not actually allowed to change the credit card information to a different card and both rooms ended up having to be charged to my card instead of mine and the other people we were traveling with.

The property was a very clean and comfortable hotel. We liked being centrally located to a lot of different attractions.

This room would be great for overnight or extended stays. Great service.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room was great. I was wishing I had more time to stay. There were kids running around above us but the staff took care of that quickly and effectively.

Room was clean.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Room was pretty small, Toilets didn't flush great. Wouldn't have wanted to stay for long period in that tight quarters, but overnight was just fine

Room was clean. Good breakfast! Decent location, just stopping by for a night and wanted to see some of Nashville's site prior to heading South for the week

Clean, modern, excellent staff and very good breakfast!
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Clean, modern, excellent staff and very good breakfast!!! It's located at 10 min from the Opry area and 15 min from downtown. The hotel was really nice and we will be happy to return!!!

Excellent Value
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Great value. Beautiful suite. Well worth the extra $ to have space, especially when traveling with children. Was nice to put our son to bed and have some downtime.

Keisha was especially good when she drove me in the shuttle...
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

We asked for a wake up call, but it never came. Fortunately, we were able to wake up on our own.

Keisha was especially good when she drove me in the shuttle to the airport.

Nice clean and comfortable room but with a few issues.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Room had a bit of an odor. We were offered another room but decided it wasn't worth the hassle of changing. The dead bolt lock on the room door also did not work. Spoke to maintenance about it and they said they would fix but the never did. The air conditioning unit was also very noisy and the parking lot was inadequate.

It was a clean and comfortable room that was recently remodeled. The breakfast in the morning was also very good and the rest of the facility seemed clean and well maintained.

A great value for a nice, clean hotel. Would definitely stay there again.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The sliding barn doors over the closet/bathroom door were very cute, but very impractical. I slammed my husband once as he came out of the bathroom when I opened the closet. Not a good design

never again.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

room was infested with bugs...climbing the walls, windows, bathroom counter...even a dead one in my bed. i have the photos to prove it. no one should have to pay for a room like this. computers didn't work; when they did, they crashed in ten minutes. people were not happy. only one staff...Larry...offered to help. pleasant guy. but issue was not resolved all day. caused me major problems. toilet ran all night. someone other than the guest needs to fix the broken handle. for the most part, staff was not friendly. exception being larry and keisha.

bed was good; a hampton inn bed.

It was New Years Eve and the price was more than double that...
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

It was New Years Eve and the price was more than double that of normal. I don't mind paying a bit more but I considered that price gouging. The light in the bathroom burned out and there was no maintenance to replace it. The cable TV didn't work.

Easy check-in, friendly staff, good night's sleep and a great breakfast the next morning!!
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

It would be helpful to have microwave ovens in the rooms, especially if you stay a couple of days or longer, and are traveling with your family.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that the hotel not only provides shuttle bus service to the airport, but to restaurants nearby the hotel. Our shuttle bus driver, Eric was very accommodating with our dinner schedule. Eric gave us his card and told us to call him whenever we were ready to return to the hotel. It was nice not having to deal with the night time Nashville traffic!

The breakfast was very nice.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

There were bugs everywhere in our room. They were coming out of the sink and lights. This was quite disturbing. I wouldn't recommend this location to others until this issue is addressed.

The breakfast was very nice. Many options from eggs, make your own waffles to breakfast cereal and yogurt. We stayed in a king suite and was very spacious.

Fairly well
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Satellite system for tv was horrible. Were lucky if it worked more than 50% of the time we were watching. Jan 1 college football watched on my phone due to tv being out.

Staff were very accommodating

Room was excellent.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

TV rarely worked they said due to cold weather. Couldn’t watch NFL games along with Nee Years Eve festivities. Very frustrating!!!

Room was excellent. Staff very friendly.

Price gouge attempt
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

The staff trying to raise the price that I had confirmed with booking.com....thermostat not working so room was uncomfortable along with lady bugs....I am pissed about the room rate raise attempt....

Good deal for the money. Staff very helpful and friendly.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

There was no dresser/drawer in the room. When I asked at the desk she mentioned they stopped doing that due to the transmission of bed bugs. There were wire baskets available, but I didn't want the imprint of the wire on my clothes.

The bed was comfortable. The barn door to the bathroom was disconcerting as it doesn't seal when you close it so you can hear anything going on in there.

The accommodations were amazing.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

One morning I got down to breakfast at 10am on the nose and they shit the door in front of me. My fault I was late, but I just wanted juice. Wish there was a coin machine by the washer dryer area.

The cleaning staff was amazing! They made sure that every part of the room was cleaned every day!

Value was so NOT worth the amount I paid.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The quality of the room, the cleanliness, the condition of the furniture, the walls and the floor the lack of room service, the quality of their breakfast is more what I would expect from an $89.00 per night room, NOT a $215,00 per night room.

The staff were all friendly

The hotel staff was great.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The room was not for 5 adults as was advertised on this site. They managed to slide in a rollaway bed, but booking.com should not advertise this as a 5 adult room. The hotel said if we had booked directly with them, they would have indeed given us a larger room as promised. The hotel was also undergoing renovations so there was plywood in the hallway in front of the elevators and only one elevator was functioning.

The hotel staff was great. From the front desk staff to the cleaning staff, everyone was super friendly and courteous. The hot breakfast was really good with a lot of variety. The decor in the dining area was a bit eclectic, but fitting with Nashville, and also comfortable. There was cucumber water, coffee, and hot water for tea and hot chocolate available in the lobby.

The breakfast was amazing .
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The breakfast was amazing ...flavorful and plenty of things to choose from… We felt like we were in an apartment and not in a hotel… Our room was phenomenal

My experience! Friendly smiling staff, clean, crisp room, great sleep, great waffles! I will be back
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Finding a parking space can be a challenge, and not having a micro-wave oven would be a great convenience, but those things will not keep me from coming back!

Whenever I come to Nashville, this is where I stay. I travel often, and the Hampton Inn & Suites is always my hotel of choice. I am a Hilton Honors Card member, but they don't know that when I first walk in the door. I can only share with you my own experience at this hotel. It's a joy to walk into a hotel, or any building for that matter, and be greeted with a smiling face. The check-in process is a breeze, the front desk staff have always been friendly and accommodating to me. Thus far, I have been fortunate in the rooms I have checked into. My room was clean and crisp. Special note to Bessy of housekeeping, good job!! I love the bedding, it's like sleeping on a fluffy cloud! I have not had any problems and any requests I have had, were addressed immediately. The staff that I have encountered during my stay at this Hampton have always been friendly and courteous, from the maintenance, to the cleaning staff and the food service staff. I love the breakfast waffles!! If you decide to stay at this Hampton Inn, please say hello to Leticia in the food service area, she has a great smile!!

Rooms were clean
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Was a bit run down in places. Only one elevator worked and the one that did was running pretty rough. Construction was being done. Little things like long scrapes all down the hallway wall made it look like it was becoming run down. Rooms were pretty small.

Rooms were clean

Staff was amazing.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Construction or repairs on my floor (7) which had materiels left in hallway.

Staff was amazing. Above and beyond. Totally overshadowed any minor inconvenience. Best I have experienced, and I have been traveling many years.

Not impressed but it was clean.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Many things were not working. Our toilet didn't flush properly- we had to open the tank to fix it. My inlaws had to switch rooms because their original shower would only run hot water. Of the two elevators in the building, only one was working and there was always a long wait. And in reality this was just a tired, yucky hotel that they updated with pretty decor and better bathrooms but they did it in a shotty way. Poor grouting will lead to it looking dirty real soon. The towel hooks are hanging on by a thread.

Clean

Got stuck in the bathroom. :(
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

The bathroom had a barn-type door that slid over from the closet to serve double duty as the bathroom door. When we first arrived, the I pulled the bathroom door over. When I tried to open the door to exit the bathroom, it was stuck on the track. I couldn't get out of the bathroom! I didn't have my phone in the bathroom, so I was literally stuck. Finally I kicked the door until I guess I knocked it loose and it opened. That was not fun at all. Could be very dangerous. Also, on another note, the lid to the ice bucket was dirty. Kinda grossed me out.

Beds were very comfortable as usual. The desk attendant was very friendly. We checked in about 11:00 pm and were very tired. It was nice having a friendly greeting.

The helpful staff.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

That booking had one price and the hotel had another. More expensive but it was corrected

The helpful staff. They corrected a price problem. We also left some personal belongings and they found them and are returning them to us. AWESOME

The manager who checked us in was just amazing!
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Parking. Had to park pretty far away

The manager who checked us in was just amazing! Had plans that didn't go our way and she did everything she could to make it better

Having had 3 flights and a taxi ride to the hotel it would...
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Having had 3 flights and a taxi ride to the hotel it would have been nice to have two bottles of complimentary water in our fridge on arrival instead of having to buy it.

Great hotel and location
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

One elevator was not operating which made things go slower however the staff made us aware and genuinely cared.

The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel was immaculate.

Worse weekend ever !!
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

The elevator was out of order and there was 3 bus loads of kids there and there was a constant line for the elevator. Also there was no vending machine on my floor and the ice machine didn't work. I had to go to the first floor for ice. I was on the fifth floor and taking the stairs was very hot and no fun. I won't ever stay here again.

Breakfast was great once all the kids left and let me get some coffee.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

The location - close proximity to the airport.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The layout of the suite was odd. With two beds there was no room to roll a suitcase into the bedroom. Towels were not in the same room as the shower.

The location - close proximity to the airport. Airport shuttle - very helpful drivers.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Clean comfortable and close to the airport
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

The beds were high quality and comfortable . The staff was great with a simple checkin and 24 hour tea and coffee in the lobby. A simple, 2 minute ride from the airport. Great value for a high quality convenient hotel

• Reviewed: 15 March 2017

Best place to stay when flying through Nashville
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Booked here because of proximity to the airport. As an added bonus, they let you keep your car there for free for three days. After that it is only $10 per day. They also provide a free shuttle to the airport and back dropping you off right at the door. This service is available 24/7. That alone paid for my hotel room. Score!!! I'll definitely be back. Also, could not ask for a friendlier staff. 5 stars from me just for the service. Thanks guys for making my trip such a breeze!!!!

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Room was great staff great any questions was answered
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Only disappointment was the room next to us was really loud banging things slamming doors and yelling but the staff took care of it

Room was great staff great any questions was answered

• Reviewed: 25 November 2016

When we booked it said free parking and 24 hr shuttle...
    • Double Room with Two Double Beds - Non-Smoking

When we booked it said free parking and 24 hr shuttle service but when we checked in parking is only free for three days after its ten dollars a day when booking through a third party site. Next trip will save money and book direct.

The newly decorated rooms were comfortable and beautiful.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Towel bars would be nice. We stayed 2 days and would have reused the towels if there was a place to hang to dry. The hotel is being remodeled so there was a fair amt. of drywall dust.

The newly decorated rooms were comfortable and beautiful. I liked the nice roomy, walk in shower. The breakfast was as good as any restaurant. We have stayed in this hotel many times but not since the remodel and it is going to be wonderful.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

The location was convenient and the breakfast was good

The location was convenient and the breakfast was good

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

The staff WAS amazing!
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

The staff WAS amazing! Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable, courteous and smiled all the time.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Airport shuttle service was superb.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Airport shuttle service was superb.

One of the elevators was not working all weekend.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

One of the elevators was not working all weekend. The day of check out we waited 20 minutes for an elevator.

WE enjoyed having a nice, clean, comfortable place to stay at the end of our adventures each day.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Nothing that I can think of at this time.

The room was clean, large enough to accommodate 5 adults without problems.

Room was clean, comfortable beds.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Could hear the other guest at night

Room was clean, comfortable beds.

Everything was nice

The pillows

Everything was nice

They had a pay shuttle into town.

The WiFi was terrible

They had a pay shuttle into town. The staff was very nice & well informed. The room was clean

The rooms was really nice and clean didn’t really care for...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Didn’t care for the pool

The rooms was really nice and clean didn’t really care for the pool but other then that everything was great

Not friendly

Toilet

Bed was wonderful

Bed was wonderful

We'll be back!
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Great oatmeal! The room was very clean.

• Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Enjoyed our stay. The room was very clean and comfortable
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The room was very spacious and clean. The staff was very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Fit the bill, met expectatoins, overall good experience.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Poor internet connection; premium internet wasn't any better.

Room was clean, location is good, breakfast was well managed.

Wonderful service

Parking

It was a very nice stay. Front staff were really nice.

It was a great stay. No complaints at all.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Our room was nice—impressed with the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel.

• King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

A little noise after eleven

Breakfast was great

Every staff member that we came across was extremely...
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Every staff member that we came across was extremely friendly and helpful.

It was roomy and plentiful for my family of 5 to stay overnight after a full day at a wedding.
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Staff was accommodating with our request for a larger room and cleaning the room when it was found less than satisfactory.

Enjoyed my stay very much!!!
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Liked the hot breakfast bar very much!!!

Better than expected, clean hotel, great breakfast, friendly staff.
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Parking lot full after dark.

Breakfast, no carpet on floors, furnishings, shower.

Good value for business traveler
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Shuttle service was exceptional and the driver was friendly, helpful and informative.

The reservation thru you was not received.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The reservation thru you was not received. We ended up having another person do a reservation. They assured me my card would not be charged

I would recommend this to my friends
    • King Room with Shower - Non-Smoking

Very friendly manager, helpful, great room

The bartender was excellent!

Handicapped shower.

The bartender was excellent!

great

everything great breakfast

Love the workers here!
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Amazing hotel with even better customer service

My friends and I enjoyed our stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Very spacious! Room was clean.

Great Time in Nashville!
    • Queen with Two Queen Beds - Non-Smoking

Location and breakfast we're great!