Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville-Vanderbilt-Elliston Place 3 stars

2330 Elliston Place, Nashville, TN 37203, USA

#20 of 162 hotels in Nashville

Less than expected
    • 2 Queen Beds Suite with Sofa Bed

I booked 2-3 weeks in advance and upon arrival my room had been given away. We were given a room with one less bed and rate for the room I booked couldn't be changed because I booked with booking.com

The room was nice, just not what I booked.

Breakfast was excellent as was the wait staff.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Breakfast was excellent as was the wait staff. The Manager and Assistant Manager were very attentive and helpful. Everyone working there made you feel like they appreciated your business.

Horribly unsustainable. Damp rooms.

The room was incredibly damp for our entire stay. Absolutely disgusting use of plastic and disposable plates and cups (they say they're recyclable but staff put them in the normal rubbish) - even at breakfast! They messed up my check-in and bill so I had to spend ages between them and booking.com until I finally got someone there who could help me and fix the bill which was trying to charge me an extra $200.

Great spread for breakfast

Holiday weekend pricing made the price outmatch the value for the quality of the room :(
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

When the staff didn't know an answer to a simple question, they just made up an answer that easily discredited. They also charge $3 for a bottle of soda from their pantry area, when the price, for the exact same size in the vending machine is only $2.

Cozy lobby

Very nice hotel!

The breakfast was mediocre.

I've stayed in hotels with much better breakfast options. The cut pineapple and papaya tasted like it was frozen or came out of a jar. The rooms are very nice, especially the bathrooms. The hotel isn't really in walking distance from much except Vanderbilt.

Great place to stay in Nashville near Vanderbilt

Nashville hotel prices are exceptionally high and the Hampton is no different.

The room was comfortable, the grounds and interior were clean, the pool was clean and refreshing. The breakfast bar had a tasty variety of cold and hot options.

The hotel was very clean, staff was were friendly and...

The hotel was very clean, staff was were friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable and GREAT shower. We loved that there were at least 3 restaurants within a block. We will definitely stay there again.

Great staff and great services throughout. Thank you.

The eggs were chunky and cooked hard except for one morning. That morning they were creamy and medium cooked (Awesome). It would be great if they were always like that.

Good selection at breakfast The gentleman that cleans tables at the breakfast area was always super friendly, and always spoke to everyone each morning. He even gave of mints as we were finishing breakfast. Great customer service skills.

The breakfasts were excellent and the staff, in addition to...
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The lighting throughout the suite could have been better, especially over the vanity. Also, there should be a towel bar, or at a minimum a hook, by the vanity! Otherwise, it was very nice but overpriced.

The breakfasts were excellent and the staff, in addition to being very friendly, they did an amazing job keeping the breakfast items stocked and the presentation was excellent!

Nice room, helpful staff.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

My only complaint was that we had specified a 3:00 p.m. check in time. We arrived at 3:25, and were not able to get into our room until 4:25 because it hadn't been cleaned.

The room was very comfortable and clean.

The bed was really comfy and the breakfast was amazing.

The room was a little cramped for 3 adults.

The bed was really comfy and the breakfast was amazing. The people running the breakfast, went over and beyond.

The bed was very comfortable, we were right outside the...

A bit more than we normally spend but it worked well for our trip.

The bed was very comfortable, we were right outside the elevator and it was very quiet, location was close to Vanderbuilt university and free parking was a bonus! Staff were very friendly and polite, breakfast area was neat and clean and the lobby had a fireplace.

I would return because of location and the stay was above average.

Beds quite hard, bathroom floors sticky, cable went out but was fixed, some channels didn't come in clearly (got the "digital lines")

The gentleman who worked the breakfast was so kind and positive - made a great start to the day! Lots of parking spaces.

All in all, a good place to stay.

Everything about the room was comfortable except the chairs. And, for the money, the breakfast could have been a little better.

A good, clean, comfortable room in a safe location without the rif-raf.

Nice facility in a great location near Vanderbilt.

One of the two queen beds had a big dip in the center. Was uncomfortable in that bed one night. It was reported to staff.

Warm cozy fireplace and simple free breakfast bar with hot items. Good location and friendly staff

Good location but zero sleep from noisy people in next room.
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

VERY NOISY. You could hear every word and sound from next room. The occupant in next room coughed all night. They talked until late at night and early in the morning they resumed their conversation. The comforter in room was too heavy and there wasn't a blanket to use.

Awesome experience:)

Located near attractions however had young children so local bars and gentlemen clubs weren’t a plus, but at no fault of hotel

Amazing experience, staff went above and beyond no complaints at all 😊

We did not really sit down to eat breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

We did not really sit down to eat breakfast. But I did grab tea, yogurt, fruit & pastry and brought back to the room. My grand daughter was there for auditions at Vanderbuilt and we were pressed for time in the mornings. I do stay at Hampton Inn when I visit her at school in Traverse City, MI.

I will definitely stay here again!!

The walls were thin. I could hear every time my neighbor sneezed or coughed.

The breakfast was amazing! Belgium waffles, cereal, fruit, eggs, bacon, and more!!! The hospitality of the staff was exceptional! They definitely made us feel welcome.

OK overall. Nothing great.

staff was overworked it appeared and didn't make up our room one day. The hotel is a little old and worn and not really kept up to what I think should be Hampton Inn standards.

staff; the bacon and egg b'fast; the location

Great location, friendly staff and breakfast was a bonus
    • King Room with Bath Tub - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Left a note for housekeeping to provide tea bags in room, coffee was already provided, and when we got back to room there was a wide variety of tea options. There is also 24 hour coffee/tea/hot chocolate available in the lobby with bowls of fresh fruit. Very nice touch.

Beautiful hotel and awesome people staffing the hotel.

The view was of a parking deck but it was really quiet and automotive noise was not obvious.

The people were great and helpful. Breakfast host guy was so friendly and the food was great. Loved the extra mints he offered as we finished eating. The cleaning staff was so friendly and the hotel was beautiful. New carpet was lovely.

I book two rooms on booking.

Couldn’t get my money back from the first room I booked and cancel it

I book two rooms on booking.com and cancel one an hour after I booked it. Went to the hotel and had to pay for two rooms which I only use one room.

Great stay!

The breakfast was excellent! The bedding very comfy and the water pressure and temperature in the shower were great. It's a nice location for walking to Parthenon and restaurants.

Awesome location and awesome hotel.

Could not print off our boarding pass - something about new computer systems and they wouldn't work.

The gentleman helping with breakfast was amazing. So friendly and he brought us a mint.

I enjoyed the stay so much I will definitely stay there again.

Noise in hallway at 4:30am. Small TV

Very friendly front desk workers. Location was great. Nice big clean room. Excellent shower water pressure. Nice big lighted parking lot. Easy check out.

Overall very good stay and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Nashville
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Liked the community area and the fact it was available to use any time of the day or night. Breakfast was decent. Location was good, short car ride to downtown. Beds were comfy.

Had a great time in Nashville!!

I called to see about a possible early check in but they couldn't find my reservation, which I booked 6 weeks in advance. I called back with my confirmation number but it was the booking.com confirmation number. Found the email Hampton sent me with their confirmation number and they found my reservation. I'm glad I had saved it. So I'm not sure what happened, but after some panic and three phone calls, it was fine 🙂.

Breakfast had a nice selection and attendant was very friendly and helpful. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. Had a nice stay.

Great hotel but I won’t useTrivago again!

Trivago booked my reservation but DID NOT book it w/Hampton Inn. Thank goodness I had the confirmation on my phone- the hotels were booked solid last night in Nashville. Elliston Hampton had a cancellation, thank goodness. Downside, my room was more thanI was quoted online, also.

Friendly staff, receptionist, & other personnel

Everything was clean and the staff were friendly.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

I wish there was a free shuttle from the airport since there are close.

Everything was clean and the staff were friendly. Our room was in the corner which was great.

The Hamptons are reliably clean, updated and well cared for...

This Hampton was significantly more expensive than most, probably because of its location, and the room was smaller than most, a little cramped. Just required an expectation adjustment, other than that everything was as excellent as you'd expect from them.

The Hamptons are reliably clean, updated and well cared for, a good value. They are almost always my first choice when travelling, nice amenities and love the breakfast. This one is no exception, good hotel in a great location, close to everything but very quiet.

Spacious room at a great price in an excellent location!

Everything was great!

I was looking for a spacious room for me, my son, my mom, and my niece. This room was the size of a small apartment. It was perfect for us! Everyone was comfortable. The kitchen was a decent size and fully functional. I would definitely recommend this property for size, convenience, and price.

Not good enough to guarantee a return stay, but would consider again.

One reason I selected this hotel was the great reviews it received for the breakfast. Well, I do not know what others were eating, but they were obviously still asleep. The breakfast left SOOOO much to be desired. The eggs tasted like chalk, and there wasn't a lot to choose from to make up for them. Turkey sausage links were good, fruit was okay.

Aside from the price of the hotel, it was about what you would expect from a well kept Hampton Inn. Nice pool, Nice furniture, adequate workout room.

Good value

Breakfast area was congested because it is back in the corner.

Nice room. Refrig & MW a plus. Good location, but not walkable to downtown so we used Lyft.

Staff was top class.

Price was NYC style. This likely caused partially by 2017 Eclipse - which was awesome there - and I hear Nashville is expensive.

Staff was top class. It was fun listening to them help random guests. They do a lot to make sure you feel like you're special. Rooms great and quiet. Pool clean and fun place. Great location for college, music row, getting to downtown, restaurants.

Very comfortable!

Can't think of anything.

The breakfast was especially good with plenty of variety. Hotel was very clean and comfortable. We're big fans of Hampton Inns and this is one of the most comfortable we've stayed at.

I had a pleasant stay and would stay again.

There is nothing I can complain about. A shuttle downtown would have been great.

All the staff was wonderful. They smiled and spoke to you like you were a friend. They also kept the breakfast coming. At most continental breakfasts if they run out of something you don't get another chance. They continued to fill the food until the breakfast was finished. The gentleman who worked the buffet was awesome!

Had a great time in Nashville!

The hotel was very nice. We liked the location - it worked out well for us. We were able to walk to a number of restaurants and it is close to Centennial Park. We also rode on the Old Town Trolley Tours, which was convenient because there was a stop about 2-3 blocks from the hotel. The breakfast was good!

The hotel was close to the Parthenon.

The price was way more than it should have been for one night. $480? Crazy talk. Guess cause it was walking distance to the college, but still...

The hotel was close to the Parthenon. The pool was nice to have for the kids.

Hampton inn and suites is our preferred hotel because of this trip.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The breakfast on the second day.

The breakfast on the first day was excellent, the p.o. was really nice, the staff was friendly and our room was comfortable.

Nothing fancy....great location. We were not even there 24hours....
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Had a problem switching credit cards since I was taking a student to see colleges and his parents were paying with his credit card. I have spend a good part of a week fixing this will my credit card company and it has been a pain in the neck. This policy needs to be looked at....I do not like it. Had to again wait for a manager in the morning even though we gave them the new credit card when we checked in.

You know what to expect with Hampden Inns.....just your typical place but it was very crowded and seemed full constantly. Very close to Vanderbilt ...you could walk to the admissions office and ditch the car which is what I liked. We were not there long enough to care about much else except location.

Nice location

With it being just the two of us there was only one washcloth and one hand towel. However, there were two bath towels. Also, we picked this hotel because it had a shuttle service. When we got there we were told the shuttle was broken down and they were working on it. It never ran while we were there.

Lots of pillows, the bed provided a great night's sleep

Nice Overall. Would return in the future.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

The lighting in the bathroom could be better. The beds were a little hard. Not what I'm used to.

Breakfast was wonderful. The employees were extremely polite.

Received a good price on booking.com for a decent hotel

the exercise room was pretty basic - aerobic but not strengthening equipment

good location and easy to get to other parts of Nashville from this hotel; room was clean and spacious; the bed comfortable; breakfast was as expected - good for free (waffles with chocolate chips and whipped cream went well with the eggs and biscuits and gravy!); entrances were convenient to elevators

Loved this Hampton

I had flowers sent to the room for my girlfriends birthday and the staff made sure they were set up in the room before we showed up. The whole staff was friendly and gave hellos throughout the day. Outdoor pool was perfect with nice lounge chairs. Breakfast was tasty with plenty of options. Quick 5 dollar uber/lyft ride to downtown

Nice, convenient location with a good breakfast and nice pool.

The wifi was not good. You are limited to three devices, and even after offering to pay for the higher-speed access, I was unable to connect to wifi on an additional device.

The front desk staff was very accommodating and helpful. The breakfast was terrific. Great location near Vanderbilt.

A wonderful area & very hospitable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

There was too much large furniture in the room which didn't allow for a spacious room for long term stay.

The friendliness and the hospitality of the hotel staff and the location. Also, the room was very clean and tidy.

Hampton Inn near Belmont University : great place to stay!!

I liked everything except the cost of the sodas in the Coke machine. $2.00 is too high for a 12 ounce can of Coke!

I thought the breakfast was much superior to other hotel breakfasts I had had. The oatmeal was fresh in a crockpot, rather than instant packages like most places have. The eggs were delicious, and I liked the variety of fruit! Also you had skim milk and not just 2% which enabled me to have milk with my meal. The bed was super comfortable, and the room was spacious and comfortable!!!

Large, comfortable rooms and friendly staff made for a very pleasant stay.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Must have been a man who designed the lighting in the sink area with the nice, large mirror, because I thought I was putting my make up on in the dark. Give the ladies a nod, guys, and upgrade the lighting so we don't walk out the door looking like clowns.

King bed was very comfortable. Spacious living room area with pull out sofa and plenty of seating. Full size frig and dishes, glasses, pots and pans for 4 people. Great coffee in the lobby and the gentleman who ran the breakfast was unwaveringly cheerful and friendly. Justin at the front desk was also so friendly and helpful; I felt like I'd known him for years. The burger joint across the street was great and my husband raved about the milkshake he had at the soda joint up the street. Short walk to beautiful Centennial Park.

Comfortable hotel during very hot weather.

Front desk employees didn't like to talk much or give detailed explanations of questions asked. No shower for the pool even though there were signs for it. No bathroom close to the pool--had to use the one at the main entrance.

Rooms were clean. Pool was refreshing. Staff was very accommodating.

Hilton properties rock!!!

Not applicable

As they did not have a room available that we requested (not right by the elevator), and as we are Hilton Honors members, we were upgraded to a suite and it was more than perfect. We were in Nashville due to a son's spinal surgery and having the extra room, etc. was wonderful. We had everything we needed and more.

Enjoyed our stay at Ellington Place Hampton Inn in Nashville.

The bed was too firm for me. Really could not tell it has a pillow top. But the firmness of my personal mattress is between soft and medium. Others may like the firmness.

The friendliness and helpfulness of the management and staff. Really appreciate not having to pay for parking. The breakfast bar is the best I've seen and eaten from in long while. Bacon, eggs, and other cooked items not under cooked nor burnt. And the Coffee is the best I've had (other than what I purchase for myself to use at home) at any hotel. It was not just Folgers, Signature Coffee, or other standard rest stop type coffee. Believe me ... that is important to me. Important enough that I make a pot and a half before I leave on any trip and put it in thermoses so I can enjoy have a descent cup of coffee if the place I am staying at does not not have coffee I like. If your looking for a bar for comparison; Star Buck's Cafe Verona, Peet's, Seattle's Best, and Krispy Creme brands are the bench mark in this case.

Hidden gem of a property

One of the nicest, cleanest properties that I have stayed at. For a "limited service" property, it would definitely stand up next to some full-service properties.

Not too close, not too far from the action

The air conditioner in the room - worked great but it's noisy and would turn on every 3 minutes or so

When we check out (at 4:30am) the woman at the front desk had special breakfast-to-go bags ready for us

5 Star hotel all the way around

Staff was superb in hospitality. The gentleman who works the big breakfast is the best - hard working and so pleasant! He deserves a best employee award. Rooms are great.

Fair value in a good location for getting around Nashville.

Beginning to show it's age, sofa couch was uncomfortable.

Good complimentary breakfast, convenient location, good suite layout, good restaurants nearby.

Great location and a good price, close enough to downtown

There was no fan in the bathroom.

Comfy beds, great pillows. Staff was EXCELLENT!!! Very friendly and helpful and cheerful. Close enough to downtown....short drive by cab or Lyft.very secure at night.nice to have the towels by the pool.

It's a nice place to stay. Nothing fancy, but it is fairly quiet, clean, nice staff.

No snacks other than an overly ripe banana, mealy apples, and a couple of sad turned oranges. Wish they kept cookies and fresh fruit snacks like the other hampton does. Also, boiled eggs at breakfast tasted like foam rubber. They were gross. However, my husband enjoyed his scrambled eggs.

Coffee was always hot and readily available. Nice. Staff was also very nice. It was quiet, which I appreciate. Clean.

Bed too firm/hard left and didn't have time for...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Bed too firm/hard left and didn't have time for breakfast due to an early flight time. Over priced. Glad I won this trip. Would Not have stayed there and paid this amount otherwise.

• Reviewed: 11 May 2017

Not what I expected.

Linens and bed coverings smelled very dirty. Little things bothered me like the remote for the tv was filthy, toilet would run during the night. The room was just not worth the money to me.

Staff was friendly. Ease of checking in.

Great stay!

Bed was super comfy especially after running marathon Staff were exceptional. Above and beyond regular duties. Thanks for providing free shuttles. Thanks to Jonathan the GM for the lift to the race!

Will definitely stay here if back in Nashville

The weekend we stayed had several events so the cost of the room doubled from other weekends. Didn't gave a choice on dates or would have changed.

The staff was great, the room was clean,great location. Good breakfast too. You are within walking distance to pub & shops on Elliston.

• Reviewed: 21 April 2017

We had a very pleasant stay. Really enjoyed Nashville.

The eggs & potatoes were not very good. Everything else was fine.

The location was fine. We could get downtown easily, but you had to drive or get a car service.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Great stay, clean rooms, friendly staff and location was great for our purposes.
    • King Suite with Kitchen - Non-Smoking

Not much. Eggs could be real instead of powdered since they are a staple at every breakfast.

Rooms were clean, breakfast was great, staff was helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 April 2017

False advertising
    • 2 Queen Beds Suite with Sofa Bed

Room was not the room that I reserved. Online through booking.com - I booked a "two bedroom suite" and was shown pictures of two separate bedrooms - one with 2 queen beds and one with one king bed and then the living area. The room that I got was a one bedroom with 2 queen beds and a living area. I should get refunded fir the difference and am going to call about this. Also I requested a highest floor available room at the time my reservation was made ( approx 2 months prior to stay). I was given a room on the 2nd floor. When I mentioned my request to the front desk lady - she said she did not see that request in my reservation. I had confirmation of my reservation with this request noted so not sure why this was not noted on hampton's end.

Bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Sister fun in Nashville.

Beds--not as comfortable as in some other Hamptons😟.

Good breakfast & very helpful staff. Sweet rolls were a little stale but bagels great! Liked the daily availability of newspapers.

• Reviewed: 1 March 2017

Great Hotel near restaurants and hospital.

Curtains did not close in the room to keep light out for sleeping. Plus cost was very high.

Best bed / mattress I have ever slept on ! The room was very clean, which is a must for me.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Everyone was very helpful!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible/Non-Smoking

Everyone was very helpful! Our room wasn't ready when we arrived so was given a different room with a discount. Very much appreciated! Would stay in the same hotel if we came back.

• Reviewed: 14 February 2017

The mattress was awful!

The mattress was awful! We always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inn because of their comfortable mattresses. Not Room 413! My husband and I woke up every morning stiff and sore. Not up to Hampton Inn standards.

• Reviewed: 22 January 2017

Love the bed.

Upon arrival we pulled through the side gate and entered through the side door to elevator. We left and returned that evening only to find the gate licked and door locked so we had to walk around front. I realize it was for security but it would be nice if we were informed it closed at a certain time.

Love the bed. Restful sleep. Breakfast very good.

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Pleasant stay.

authorization charge of $15 on my credit card I had to call about and found out it would be taken off before going through-seems to be some standard thing that is done but I was not aware of it

breakfast was very good-bed was comfortable

• Reviewed: 7 January 2017

Convient, clean and comfortable !!

Hotels rates over all in downtown Nashville are way over priced. However we did get a discount because our daughter WA in the hospital.

Super convient for our needs. Helpful in securing an additional night after our daughter's surgery and bad weather setting in.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

Awesome business trip experience!

Kate was on duty during most of my stay. She and the other staff members made my trip seamless and enjoyable. I really appreciate the way the staff treats guests. I would definitely recommend!!

• Reviewed: 17 November 2016

Great hotel near Vanderbilt University

The ventilation in the bathroom works 24 hours and was noisy.

Very helpful staff. Great location for Vanderbilt University and 5 min by bus from the downtown. Clean well equipped rooms. Fireplace in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Breakfast was great.

The Wi-Fi in our room was the worst we have experienced.

Breakfast was great. The helper Elvis Presley (at Halloween) was great, always in a good mood.