Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area 3 stars

250 Waterfront Street, National Harbor, MD 20745, USA

#5 of 8 hotels in National Harbor

• Reviewed: 31 August 2018

Absolutely wonderful. Minus cost for parking

$20.00 per night for parking 😦

Everything, room bed wonderful breakfast nice pool towels. All staff friendly and helpful, especially KIMBERLY(love her) ! Price for room.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

The location was great!

No water pressure..could barely shower..House keeping didn’t leave enough wash cloths or towels had to call desk for more..the location was great!

Service staff was friendly..breakfast was included..

AWESOME

AS FAR AS HOSPITALITY EXCELLENT. THERE WAS NOTHING MY HYSBAND AND I DIDN'T LIKE

THE EGGS COULD HAVE BEEN MORE FLUFFY. THE STAFF AT CHECK IN WERE OUTSTANDING. THEY MADE YOU FEEL SOOO WELCOME. IT HAD BEEN RAINING, RYAN I THINK HIS NAME HE ACTUALLY CAME FROM BEHIND THE CHECK IN DESK AND WAS DRYING PEOPLE'S LUGGAGE OFF. NEVER IN MY TRAVELS HAVE EVER SEEN SUCH CUSTOMER CARE. GID BLESS YOUR STAFF THEY ALL ARE EXCELLENT. OUTSTANDING STAY. JYST WISH THE PRICE WAS CHEAPER.😥😄

I'd give my stay 5 stars out of 5!

The cost of the items from the snack area were pricey. $3.00 for an ice cream sandwich?!

Scrambled eggs were the best I have ever had at a Hampton! Food was hot, too.

It was sub-par

See above

Everything was just ok. Nothing spectacular but the location. Parking was expensive. The drop off/unload front was hectic. The pool was super small. The rooms need some updating.

Our "staycation" at National Harbor
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Sofabed

The carpet in the hotel room had some stains and there was some dust/dirt in the corner of the bathroom floor. But other than that, the room was very clean and big. Very comfortable

The staff was very helpful. Kimberly at the front desk was so very cheerful and welcoming. All the inteactions with the staff were great! The breakfast was good and the ladies taking care of the food were very accommodating and made sure the breakfast area was always clean and stocked.

2 day stay

No balcony no refrigerator or microwave in the room I had to throw my food away because I didnt a refrigerator.

The location the live DJ around the hotel free breakfast. Small pool only for kids.

Horrible I will never stay there again

Everything was horrible. I really didn’t like the parking garage. And I still was charged 20 dollar for parking on top of fee for parking and damaging the room

I didn’t like anything. First I thought this hotel was by the water they lied to us about that . The hotel location say by the waterfront clearly not z we were right by the Gaylord. That was the view

My stay was fair but with the amenities the Residence Inn has my stay would have been excellent.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No microwave, refrigerator, stove in room. I tried to get the Residence Inn but no availability. They have the amenities I would love to see in your establishment.

Location in proximity of MGM Grand Casino and nightlife

It was excellent location and very comfortable spacious room.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Sofabed

It was excellent location and very comfortable spacious room. Beds were extremely comfortable and the room was very clean. Nice breakfast buffet and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

The staff was very professional and helpful.

I thought all rooms came with a microwave and small fridge.

The staff was very professional and helpful. I needed a fridge in my room to store my medicine, they kindly had one brought to my room.

N

Paper cups in bedroom and breakfast. For the cost of this facility, paper cups really turned me off. The front desk attendants appeared inexperienced.

Breakfast was very good

location.

there was a fee to-get a late checkout. wifi log in never worked. dust on hall way furniture. odd smell in 2 rooms we had. very thin towels and not enough. not a great bkfst electon compared to other hampton inns.

location. view. comfortable bed price

This was a fun and relaxing stay at the same time. Highly recommended
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Although the room was very clean, it had a funky smell when we first arrived.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and it made the atmosphere so pleasant to be around.

Love waffles but could not have any at breakfast due to crowds and the machines messing up.

Everything was awesome. Great location just a fee mins from casino,outlets, harbor and plenty of restaurants.

Loved it....I will definitely stay there again.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Staff friendly, bed/pillows very comfy, coffee fresh and hot!!! Loved the waffle maker. Grateful to receive complimentary water bottles upon check in.

Didn’t like it at all only thing I liked was breakfast
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The STAFF and the POOL we couldn’t go to the pool because it was closed the whole day our purpose for the visit was for the pool and we didn’t get to enjoy it at all

Breakfast and my room that is all

Might stay again but had to get over my breakfast experience
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

We had breakfast included in our stay for the next morning.This was the worst part of my stay. It would have been nice to have had other meat options other than what appeared to be turkey sausage. Bacaon please. And please, no powdered eggs. But the absolute worst part was reaching for bread from the bread box and finding MOLD on the banana bread. I was totally shocked and put off by this. I called over a gentleman who appeared to be the food manager and told him. His response was, I don't thonk it's mold ma'am, we just got this in yesterday." WOW, I Thought. If it's green and furry then it's definitely mold. It doesn't matter when you recieved it. He then apologized and took it away. I didn't have breakfast needless to say. Very disappointed.

The location was great and the staff friendly. I lpved the room that we stayed in and liked the late check out option.

Nice place to stay, but too costly.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was ridiculous, cost an extra $20 for the night. Then the process for leaving the garage didn't work even though I checked before leaving the lobby.

Easy check in and check out

Overall a good experience

Pillows could have been a little stiffer, but that is personal preference.

Location, convenience, amenities, parking. Staff was friendly. Everything was within walking distance that we needed. There was a lot to do in the area and the weather was great.

Absolutely beautiful. I will stay again!

It was all GREAT!

The staff was extremely friendly. The check in process was effortly. It was in an amazing location. I am happy that booking.com made it affordable.

The stay was ok if it was one night. Multiple nights is not something I would go for at this hotel.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

My room wasn't cleaned in two days and the parking was a nightmare. I always had to call for assistance to get out of the garage.

The ease of restaurants and location

The hotel was clean and in a great location. You can walk almost everywhere in National Harbor.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We stayed at hotel with CPAC people. Could have done without them lol

The front desk staff was great. Especially Myra. We were having issues from our bank with an unintended charge from the hotel and this employee in particular helped us get the money back in our account before our departure. She was a delight.

I loved the location.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

I like to see sheets and pillow cases, shower curtains pressed well because it makes things feel crisp and fresh. I must say that everything was clean though.

I loved the location. The staff was very friendly and even though it was very busy, the staff was still very attentive to their guests.

My stay was overall good. It wasn't worth the price though.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

This was the most expensive Hampton Inn, by far, that I have ever stayed in & had to pay to self park. There were ants by the pool & the pool was small. I was not given my Hilton honors member gift.

Spacious room, friendly staff, close to my event.

The breakfast was really great, and the amount of space in...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

There was a mistake when I made my reservation and the staff wasn't exactly great at working with me. In addition to that, they didn't seem to care too much about it either.

The breakfast was really great, and the amount of space in the hotel itself was really great.

Staff was great, check-in was short and check out was even shorter, fantastic weekend.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Sofabed

Insignificant detail, I wish the eggs were not chopped up. They were broken up to accommodate the amount of people at the hotel but the crumble was all over the place, for the first time I had to eat eggs with a spoon.

I like how close it is to the convention area, and that it's rooms were a better rate compared to most hotels in the area.

In all my stay was normal, I enjoyed it and have no serious complaints. Thank you!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The beds were slightly uncomfortable, the breakfast was bland (I mean it was free), and the room had a weird smell as soon as you walk in.

The room was a decent size, bathrooms were big enough, and the location was convenient and awesome.

Modern decor and easy access plus affordability makes this is great place for young people to stay.

Perhaps more towels in the room, we only had one set upon arrival though 3 of us were staying.

Hotel decor was bright and inviting, very modern and cool! Coffee was always available, breakfast was hot and delicious!

Great Staff, Great Facility. Clean Space. In a wonderful Place.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our Bathroom Toilet seat was broken when we arrived. not a big deal I just felt like it was overlooked.

I enjoyed my hotel greatly the staff was extra helpful and kind. Smiles all around and always willing to answer a question or two.

Perfect stay
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is my second time staying in this hotel and once again I am extremely pleased, the staff is always on top of everything and they’re extremely friendly and helpful, the hotel is always clean and the rooms are a great size and extremely comfortable. If you’re looking to stay somewhere for an affordable price definitely stay in this hotel!

I like that my family was able to join me at the hotel and...
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Sofabed

Disappointed with checkin; I booked/reserved a double queen suite and had to settle for a king suite....I was very disappointed!!! It was a celebratiodn that we were very excited to have but quickly had to adjust and settle for what we had.

I like that my family was able to join me at the hotel and have a joyous time sitting in the spacious suites which had a good amount of seating available for a comfortable time which was had by all.

I would choose to stay there again.

The free Wi-Fi never connected and said it was unavailable. Our bathroom door didn’t lock but luckily it was just us so it didn’t matter. The parking garage was $20 behind the building and the gate ended up being broke so we got out when we didn’t have to pay.

It was walking to everything we wanted to do and see. The staff was super friendly and helpful. The hotel was clean. The breakfast was more than we thought it would be and yummy.

Great But!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff in the food area hid in the back room rather than fulfill a refill request of multiple guests. She pretended to retrieve the items for 20 minutes until 5 minutes before breakfast ended and then told us it was too late to bring out.

Comfortable room and always great customer engagement with the front desk.

Ok...I have had better paying less at Marriott my rooms were cleaned every day and paid a lot less

Did not receive clean bedding stayed for 2 days trash was not picked up and no fridge in room or water. For the Amount I paid expected more was not cheap. For the amount I paid for room parking should have been included.

Location was ok

Awesome night with my best friends!!
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

There wasn’t anything that I didn’t like..

The location and the cleanliness of the room!! Staff was great each time we would leave and come back. Walking distance to restaurants and bars. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends coming into town!

Very nice place we came in for the ICE event very happy would stay again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast area was very busy but just not enough places to sit and eat

Easy access to parking. Room was nice size. Breakfast choices excellent especially for kids

Great room and breakfast, friendly staff, walking distance...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Extra fee for parking, had to walk a bit from garage, validation didn’t work first time trying to leave garage, had to back up in to garage and go back to the front desk to get it fixed

Great room and breakfast, friendly staff, walking distance from all kinds of restaurants, shops and entertainment, kids loved the indoor pool, right across the street from Gaylord.

Would not stay here again or even recommend it to anyone. Not away from home friendly

Didn't like the fact that the room had no microwave or refrigerator. Therefore when we went out for food and had leftovers we had to throw it away cause we had no way of keeping it or even warming it up unless we went down to the lobby that was equipped with only 1 microwave that didn't work. The parking sucked. We had a problem every time we wanted to get out.

The room cleanliness was excellent and the breakfast was on point.

Will not return.

The passenger elevators were absolutely horrible. We would not return to this property because of the extremely slow elevators. A building that size and height should have 4 elevators not just 2 very slow ones.

The beds were nice for sleeping.

Very disappointed with treatment and service.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The hotel did not give me the room I reserved thru booking.com three weeks before. The television didn't work. They never found our reservation and tried to make us pay the suite price for a king size room.

Nothing!!!! The lines to eat were to long.

I enjoyed my stay and would stay again if I was in the DC Area.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Exercise room could use some updates and an air freshener.

Overall, a nice property. Rooms were spacious and the morning breakfast and coffee were good. Attended a conference at the Gaylord and this breakfast was much better than the conference breakfast.

The room was very comfortable, the staff was super friendly...
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

One of the other hotels provided their patrons free travel on the Circulator Bus, we paid $5 each for day passes. That would be convenient to use the room key to travel around the area.

The room was very comfortable, the staff was super friendly and helpful, a great place to stay. You could catch the Circulator to the casino right next to the property and they even dropped us off at the door one night when we returned from the casino.

Great location to everything

Stayed here 3 times before and the room we stayed in this time was a little worn.

Breakfast could have a better selection. Hotel is in a great location for everything at national harbor.

Ok but bathroom was not functional in room
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Toilet didn't work entire stay, even after staff tried fixing it, wouldn't flush. Was not offered a new room or come satin. We had to go down to first floor to use restroom.

Staff were friendly. Room was large.

Location good, things to do with family. Overall not happy with amount paid!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No refrigerator in room or microwave for amount of money spent. For 3 kids and 2 adults, would have expected more! Room was not ready upon arrival, waited until after 5pm for a room. Very poor!

Nice property, nice staff, good value. Would stay there again.

The view from the room on the 5th floor was of the parking garage. There was no in-room safe as indicated in the room description.

Upgraded to a suite for a small fee. The suite was huge and quite comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was fresh and well stocked with ample selections.

It was a nice trip.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

It would have been nice if there was a fridge in the room

Location is in walking distance of restaurants, shops, etc. Bed amd pillow were very comfortable. Breakfast included.

Check in was easy;
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Did not eat breakfast, was not informed of breakfast time at check in, so I missed out. Pool could be larger, not really suitable for adults, more like a baby pool. Parking is too expensive; did not like the fact that you did not need a key to get on the elevator (safety issue).

Check in was easy; room nice size, very comfortable

Overall we had a pleasant stay and would return again.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Don't like that the windows open up in the room. Children can do the unexpected. Felt this to possibly be an unsafe feature of the window. We were on the fifth floor.

A plus to have a free complimentary breakfast.

Was ok, facility could use some updating

The staff was very helpful, accommodating and friendly, which made up for the noise air condition units and old carpeting. Beds are super comfortsble.

Recommend
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The hotel is very neat, clean and comfortable. The staff were polite and very professional. The parking lot is right across the street and the neighborhood is awesome.

Most enjoyable stay & convenience.
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The carpet & sofa in my king suite smelled stale. Made room have an unplesant odor.

The variety & quality of breakfast foods. The friendliness of all staff including housekeeping. The property is centrally located on the harbor and within short walking distances to all activities, shops, and restaurants. Lobby is tastefully decorated with an inviting atmosphere to relax in. Really liked the convenience of the wet bar/kitchenette area and size of king suite!

It is not worth the money
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

Very old and outdated. The bathroom looks like in a hospital. The two sinks are both located in the room, no sink in the bathroom. The breakfast was terrible, with rotten fruits. The only view the room has is a parking slot view.

Big room

The breakfast was good
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The pool is way too small. Our room door didn't lock with the bolt. The temperature was still warm when we set it down at 66 degrees. The bathroom door in our room kept coming open.

The breakfast was good

Great stay a a good price!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator in the room and available cold water.

The desk staff- Chris (late afternoon) and Myra (Breakfast time). They were helpful in finding answers to my questions. Their friendly manner was a positive start and finish to our trip.

Nice location

Paying for extra parking, which, I don't like. I had other bookings, and there was no parking fees, but I choose Hampton Inn only to find out I had to pay 18.00 a day for parking

Nice location

Great place.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have preferred that the A/C vent be pointed upward instead of toward the bed. I couldn't change it and the air blew on my face all night. Had to cover my face with the sheet.

Staff was excellent. Every staff member greeted us with a smile and usually friendly conversation. They were far above average in my experience. Most memorable part of our hotel experience. Location was great. Nice breakfast.

Great place to stay

Fantastic staff. Everyone was very friendly. I left my iPad there and did not realize until over an hour latter. When I returned they had it waiting for me.

ALL staff members were so friendly and personable that this...

ALL staff members were so friendly and personable that this seemed to rub off on the guests, so much so that guests seemed to go out of their way to be extra courteous.

Very spacious room but could have been a bit more comfotable

There was no refrigerator are microwave in the room. I felt it was very annoying to half to go downstairs whenever you wanted to warm up food after you got settled in. The pillows were very uncomfortable you needed all four for comfort. The television channels was very minable not enough of network channels like mtv or bet or vh1, there wasn't a very large amount of channels to choose from whenever you wanted to take a break inside to relax or retire for the evening.

The location was excellent everything was within walking distance, The resort provided shuttle to nearby outlets and casinos and it came in a timely manner. Staff was very helpful, I arrived early and they was able to accommodate me with early check in.

A fine place to stay in National Harbor.
    • Queen Studio with Two Queen Beds - Sofabed

Very minor, but Im not a big fan of the eggs they use for breakfast. Seem like they are powdered or something before they are prepared.

The staff is very friendly and helpful

Hanpton Inn Natonal Harbor Award Winning Weekend
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Provide complimentary parking..The parking at 18.00 a day was expensive.

The room was large, bed was wonderful, the room and the entire Hotel was very clean, the breakfast was a full very good breakfast and the coffee was tops...most of all the employees were warm and very friendly and went the extra mile to be helpful and make you feel welcome. This made our weekend...

We were able to walk from hotel to all local activities as...

Cost of parking should be discounted for guests staying at hotel. The carpet in room smelled a little moldy but the room was clean.

We were able to walk from hotel to all local activities as well as were able to get delivery to our room.

Best value in National Harbor

Comfortable​ clean room, and a better price than other hotels in this resort location. Nothing fancy, but everything you need. Would definitely stay here again.

Staff made us feel right at home in a classy way
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The staff was very Friendly and made you feel at home. One of my cards was decline and Chris (I think was a manager) never once made me feel embarrassed. The card was not decline for funds, later after calling my credit card provider... My expiration had expired. He came to me in a soft voice to say, I'm going to need another form of payment. I've been in places and heard front desk staff be rude to folks. The staff there was very professional from the Housekeeping who never get acknowledge unless it's a negative. I use to work at a Holiday Inn Select for 6 years (Sales office). So to see greatness it's a must to share. I now travel all over Europe and Africa. So to say I live out of hotels about half of the year. So my hat off to the staff at Hampton Inn & Suites National Harbor/Alexandria Area.

Casino trip
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Breakfast setup with too many carbs; breakfast staff was understaffed for a Saturday.

Staff was very friendly, great location and walking distance to everything. Short drive to and from MGM Casino. Bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 16 March 2017

High priced Hampton
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

This is a very expensive Hampton Inn which due to its location opposite a conference centre in a 'resort' several miles outside of DC can charge an inflated price. Apart from its location, the hotel really did not seem to offer anything extra for the $305 (with tax) per night price tag. Despite many hotel guests having to use the sidewalk to the Conference Centre little attempt seemed to be made to ensure safe passage by keeping it clear of widely forecast snow and ice. Next time I would consider paying a bit more to stay in another hotel.

Convenience for conference centre across the street. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

The weather was nice at the time of our visit and the AC was...

The weather was nice at the time of our visit and the AC was not working for majority of one of the days...Room became rather stuffy. Hotel attendants were attentive and fixed the problem.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

Short Weekend stay
    • King Studio with Sofa Bed

The parking situation was a major inconvenience, my fridge didn't work, the ice machine on our floor didn't work, the curtains were stained

I had the privacy I wanted, great location, a lot to do within walking distance from everything

• Reviewed: 23 January 2017

Hampton Inn at National Harbor
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The staff was nice, helpful, and professional. There is a shuttle to the MGM and outlets directly behind the hotel that is $5 for a roundtrip. There was coffee and popcorn in the lobby.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2017

Fabulous

Everything was awesome. We stay there Everytime we return

The locations , staff, cleanliness and the rooms were all more that fabulous. A must stay hotel!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Wonderful stay at the National Harbor!
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were billed $100 for incidental fees that will be refunded, however we were not informed of that charge.

The hotel was so quiet, despite a huge convention that took over the entire area!

• Reviewed: 9 January 2017

Smart new large Hampton Inn

Overnight parking $18 extra in neighbouring public parking

Smart new large Hampton Inn. Large comfortable room with good bedding and sheets. Spotlessly clean. Good Hampton breakfast offer included in the fair price

• Reviewed: 5 January 2017

Great value at the National Harbor

With not many people at the hotel the first room I was given was on the fourth floor next to the elevator. I told the desk person as a Hampton Inn member this was not acceptable. He apologized and gave me a corner room on the 8th floor which was very nice, but this should have never happened.

Room was very nice. Breakfast was good after we put it in the microwave.