Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites North Conway 3 stars

1788 White Mountain Highway, North Conway, NH 03860, USA

#11 of 43 hotels in North Conway

I'd stay there again.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Property desperately needs a conspicuous sign. We drove past it at least twice. Compare the HIE on the other side of McDonalds; their sign is so easy to see.

I liked the free weights in the fitness center, the layout of the room, the bed, and the central location.

The entire stay was sub
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Pet Friendly

The staff were very rude, the breakfast items were all very poor quality, hotel rooms are outdated and lacked essential items such as refrigerator and safe, water park had freezing water temperatures and it made my baby sick.

The location was great

The water park was fantastic!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

My only issue was that Booking.com never submitted my reservation so I wound up having to wait at checking in to confirm my room

The water park was fantastic! My son played for hours!

Nightmare Stay

Front desk never honored my special requests;room was dark and depressing; windows faced an apartment complex and the room felt like it was in a hole as it was on 1st floor below the sidewalk of the apartment complex;guests were inconsiderate and continuously slammed their room doors; breakfast area was a disaster as it did not accommodate a "full house"; food as always was repulsive.

GREAT PLACE EVEN BETTER STAFF WE WILL BE BACK!!
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

BREAKFAST IS VERY CROWDED DAILY AND COULD USE A POOL IN WATERPARK AREA FOR PARENTS TO UNWIND, WE GET STRESSED TOO!!

BED AND PILLOWS WERE SOFT AS A DREAM!! BREAKFAST IS GREAT

AFFORDABLE, RELAXING, FUN, KID & PET FRIENDLY ~ MUST VISIT!!!!!!
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

The thermostat in the room was a bit difficult to use. It was either too hot or too cold so we opened the window instead to get fresh air and to cool off the room when necessary. When we would fidget with the control, it was on a delayed reaction. Some thermostats are instantaneous but not the one in our room. Not sure if it was like that in all the rooms.

1) Robin, Laurie, Karen and the rest of the staff from Hampton Inn & Suites were so accommodating, AMAZING & SUPERB!!!!! Robin was able to get my reservation ironed out despite the miscommunication that happened between booking.com and the hotel. I was able to get the room I reserved that fit myself, 3 teenagers (17 yoF, 2x16 yoF, 13 yoM), a toddler and our husky comfortably. We stayed in a double queen room with a full size pull out. We were very happy with the room!!! 2) The continental breakfast was fabulous! Besides the typical fresh hot oatmeal, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit, a variety of cereal, there were also bagels, English muffins, mini muffins (banana, blueberry & corn), and several Belgian waffle makers with whip cream and all the toppings!! We had breakfast everyday we were there and the menu was slightly different each day which made having breakfast less boring. Day 1, we had scrambled eggs with maple sausage (YUMMMMM) and home fries. Day 2, cheese omelet with turkey sausage and home fries. Day 3, western omelet, sausage patties and home fries. 3) Coffee, a huge variety of teas and hot cocoa is served all day so after spending a few hours at the pool, parents can enjoy a cup of joe and the kiddies, hot cocoa!!! If it's too hot, run and add a few clumps of ice from the vending machine {^.*} 4) The water slide pool was definitely the highlight of the trip!!! There are 2 slides that are equivalent to the ones at the waterparks!! And there is one section devoted to the little ones at 1.5 ft deep with a baby water slide!!! The hotel provides kiddie floatation devices as well as goggles if you happened to leave them at home so don't worry!!!!! The pool slide is turned off for about 2 hours, twice a day so those who don't do slides can enjoy swimming in the pool. It's not deep (3.5 ft deep) so anyone with any level of swimming abilities can enjoy it. And of course, the HOT TUB for 18+ only.

The pool area was not very big and had way too much chlorine...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The pool area was not very big and had way too much chlorine and chemicals in it. It was burning our eyes and my son had rashes on his face after swimming in the pool.

quick getaway with my daughter

So accommodating! A blizzard was expected our last day: staff were flexible about adding an extra day to avoid traveling during the storm. When the storm got delayed, they happily cancelled my extra day with no hassle so that I could leave before the storm hit. Add in the water park that my daughter loved and all the shopping nearby-it was a fantastic weekend getaway. Staff were friendly and helpful: definitely coming back!

Good value for the money.

The one small pool was limiting for our youngest who was not tall enough to go on the slides, even with an adult.

It was nice to have coffee and hot water for tea and cocoa through out the day.

Enjoyed waterslide, clean rooms and breakfast.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We stay for the waterslides for kids and we can also bring our elderly Labradors. Breakfast included, staff is always pleasant and helpful. Great place to stay with kids.

Towels were nice and fluffy, neatly stored and available.

The people upstairs were insanely loud. They actually woke me up a couple of times.

Towels were nice and fluffy, neatly stored and available. Large shower.

The water slides looked much bigger in the pictures.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The water slides looked much bigger in the pictures. It was too small and the pool staff was too young and clearly knows nothing about customer service.

Would go back to this hotel again
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Wish we had got two king size beds-queen was a little to small . The beds were nice and soft though.

The staff was wonderful! Breakfast was great!!!!! Loved that we could bring our dogs. Kids like the water park but wished that they had a pool just for swimming,

Great staff and a nice hotel

It was a little pricey for a standard hotel room with a small pool area and slides.

We loved Tim at the front desk!!! He went above and beyond to make sure we were happy, comfortable and enjoying everything the hotel had to offer!! The breakfast was great too!

Good location, right in the middle of everything.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Pet Friendly

The included breakfast was nothing to write home about. The room was a little bit on the small side.

Good location, right in the middle of everything. The pool was good

Good property..unhelpfull staff
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Left belongings on site... Staff at front was unhelpfull. Told us no one was on site with keys and to call back following day. By then we were 3.5 hours away and could not return due to our sick toddler.. Very unhelpfull and had to leave our stuff that we had forgotten there..

Property was clean, pool area was great..

Would stay again, but will be considering other options
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

Would have liked more space to hang stuff. Cleanliness was adequate but not excellent. Wish the mattresses had full zip covers and the comforter was separate from the blanket.

Staff was excellent. Beds were soft, lots of pillows. The breakfast was great, had a nice variety, but was missing three things; biscuits, sausage gravy, and cheese for my eggs.

it was fun
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Pet Friendly Non-Smoking

the whirlpool needs to be cleaned thoroughly, it smelt bad one night

I loved the female life guard , my two year old was scared of water until the woman put duckies in the water all of a sudden she was in the pool with her two young sisters!! she was very helpful. the breakfast was good

Great value and would highly recommend this place!

the breakfast was great and varied every morning over our 5 night stay. All we good and included eggs and a meat choice (bacon, sausage, etc.) and/or hash browns. Very good choice for families with kids that would like the indoor water park/pool!

Friendly, comfortable, and relaxing. Close to everything.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The staff acted like they knew us when we arrived. They were very friendly. The breakfast was constantly restocked. The suite was just right for my husband and I, our two adult children, and our puppy.

Traveling with three Children under 5 is not easy but this...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I thought it was a bit pricey so I booked our second night at a less expensive hotel..I will bite the bullet and pay to stay there for our complete trip next time! We didn’t want to check out! Although pricey during vacation week it would have been worth it to stay the two nights there!

Traveling with three Children under 5 is not easy but this Hampton inn made it possible and fun for all of us! There was so much for the kids to do! There was also a microwave and fridge in the room which made a quick snack or preparing bottles super easy! The complimentary breakfast was also great! We are already talking about when we can plan another get away there! Would highly recommend!

Filthy hotel rooms. Horrible breakfast
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Room had not been cleaned. No covers on one bed. Food in fridge. Asked for another room. Found blond and brown hairs, 20 plus, all over the sheets and pillow cases. Black dog hair on one bed. I called the front desk and asked for sheets and pillow cases and changed them ourselves. I will never stay here again!

Average
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Our room was changed to a smaller room (two double beds vs. a king studio) and we were charged for the more expensive room. I spoke to both the hotel and customer service at booking.com and was disappointed. I should have received a credit for the lower price and the responses from both the hotel and booking.com were the same..."there is nothing we can do". I will never use booking.com again.

The slides at the pool were fun for our children.

Noisy room and it wasn’t a Baby Ruth in the pool

Someone pooped in the pool twice in one day so we didn’t get to use it that day at all so didn’t make it worth staying. The room was very noisy and could hear every move the people above us made. Bed was very uncomfortable.

I wish we could have used the pool it was great, perfect for my two year old only 18” deep in the little kids pool so less worry. The free breakfast was good if you got there early and took it to go! Very busy packed place.

My family and I had a great time. My 2 year old had so much fun in the small pool waterslide area!
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Pet Friendly

During movie time in the lobby it was difficult to hear the movie. Maybe the volume could have been turned up. I didn’t ask but that probably could have been addressed.

Bed was very comfortable. Staff was very friendly and answered all of our questions.

A Gem of a Hotel!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Surprise entertainment for the kiddos! Movie nights, crafts, popcorn and a water park in the pool! Even "quiet hours" so parents could rest!

The hot tub was filthy! It was on when we got in so didn't notice. When it stopped we cringed at the disgusting water and got out as fast as we could. The pool in the waterprk didn't look much better.

We liked the location and breakfast.

I'm been very disappointed in the Hampton breakfast the...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

I'm been very disappointed in the Hampton breakfast the last few stays, not just this hotel. No healthy choices are offered. Fruit is not fresh, bananas are way too brown. If you don't want an egg with peppers you have no other option. No other eggs or potatoes. Just cereal or pancake.

large, well appointed guest room with a separate sink from...

nothing.

large, well appointed guest room with a separate sink from the bathroom. had a 2nd sink at the bar. clean, comfortable room. good breakfast.

Hotel OK - overcrowded breakfast room ...
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

- breakfast room overcrowded and not clean - not the hotel you want if you look for some rest .... - hotel is a children’s paradise with the pool but it means noise and noise ...

- friendly staff - location - suick check in

I would stay here again but not near the main entrance. Too much noise and traffic at all hours.
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The A/C was very loud, had to turn tv up loud just to hear it. our room was ground level to the parking lot so there was a lot of constant noise there. One of the pool staff was VERY nasty and RUDE.

Our room was very clean. Breakfast was good. The pool was good, relaxing after being out and about all day.

Good apart from the children.

The hotel got overrun with noisy children at the weekend which was a particular problem at breakfast as they took over all the tables and the staff were struggling to keep up with clearing the mess.

Good location and comfortable hotel

Expensive but we enjoyed our stay.
    • King Suite - Non-Smoking

Refrigerator was very small even though there was room for a bigger one. Faucet on sink was not installed close enough to the edge of the sink so it was hard to wash my hands and there was constantly water around the sink (a minor issue but a pet peeve of mine).

Staff were very helpful. I could not find any carts when we were ready to check out. The person at the front desk immediately called housekeeping to do a sweep of the hallways. After that he offered an alternative which was a cart used by housekeeping. The suite had a separate bedroom.

We enjoyed it and would stay there again.
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Pet Friendly

The bedding is way too hot. There is not a light weight cover option. You either have to sleep under just a sheet or under the heavy, hot comforter.

The room, lighting, breakfast, stairs, were all very nice. Everything was convenient and there was good shopping nearby.

Family-friendly, affordable North Conway option.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Our room was very hot but when we called to complain, someone came up immediately and fixed it - I wish we'd called earlier. On the first morning we had breakfast very early but on the 2nd morning, we were down there just before 9am. It was very crowded. I suggest that they have 2 coffee stations - perhaps one outside the main area.

The hotel was definitely family friendly and the staff was very accommodating.

Miserable was charged double for my visit Upon check in when changing my payment
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The pool area was poorly, maintained, the conditions in the pool water slide area was very rough and sharp many cuts and scrapes, Was charged double for my stay when changing my payment which locked up my money for 5-7 business days which made my vacation miserable, couldn't do the the things we wanted to do , and the manager wouldn't help resolve the issue , will never stay at this hotel ever again!!!!!

Location to area sights

Too many children I wish I had known about the waterpark we wouldn't have booked there

It was advertised to have a pool but it turns out it was a kitty Park and had slides and the pool wasn't big enough to even swim in and was closed when the kids were using the slides so adults could not enjoy it. We were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and have brought bathing suits and wanted to enjoy the hot tub and pool and it was advertised so we thought we would be able to but it was all geared for kids. I wish the description for the hotel had been a little clearer about that

I booked it because it was a Hampton Inn I like the breakfast room I like the to go bags in the morning if we're hiking and I like the room it was very comfortable

Could have been better
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Accessible with Tub

Needs a pool and not just slides Too much Clorine. Eyes were burning while in the water park We were on the 3rd floor. Had REALLY noisy upstairs neighbors. Kids were running and jumping on floor starting at 5am. Could hear everything (even w a pillow over my head). Not enough sound buffering in the floor. Stayed at Hampton Inn in Presque Isle. Better tea - sweet dreams for nighttime. Cranberry apple Asked for a cot at reservation. Didn't get it Could have been better

Staff very nice Clean

Great for families
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Waffles should be cooked ...when on vacation I don't want to cook....seating to eat breakfast is minimal...we had to wait to get seating....a safe in the room would be nice.

Watermark and hotel cleanliness

wonderful stay, great service!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I understand the need for the chlorine in the pool, at times It was extremely over powering, making it difficult to breathe. I would suggest either swimming early morning or after 3pm. The pool opens at 8am and closes at 10pm (Closed during daily cleaning)

Staff were very helpful and welcoming. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Breakfast was delicious, a variety of options for everyone in my family and available until 10 am. perfect for my kids who like to sleep in. The pool was a big hit with my kids. they loved it.

We had a slight issue with our booking but Hampton Inn went...
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We had a slight issue with our booking but Hampton Inn went above and beyond to fix it. We had a great trip thanks to their help. The kids activities at night were awesome!

Clean facility, great service, awesome value
    • Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The water park was a bit small with no actual pool to swim in which would have been great after a long day in the sun. There was one staff member that was on duty the first night that we arrived who was not friendly. You were met at the door with her giving you the rules and treating you like you already broke the rules. One staff member went on break and there was no person at the top of the slides to tell people when to go. I asked her about this and was told " someone never showed up for work". Her solution was to put one of the guests children up at the top to tell people when to go and would then reprimand the other guests for not listening to this child. Was not pleased with this experience but our second time in the water park with a different employee was great.

Very clean, quiet at night and great included breakfast in the morning. Staff within the hotel were all very friendly and helpful.

It's was ok, not worth what we paid for.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

My suite was on the 2nd floor, whoever stay on the 3rd floor on top of us made a lot of stumping , noise, sound like a hurt of kid stumping on the floor at 5-6 am wake us up on a Sunday morning. Feels like we're living in an apartment building. Other then that everything good. Breakfast was good, but the fruits salad look gross.

Pet Friendly even though I don't have pet, but nice that other could bring their 4 legs kids too.

No all day pool
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

No restaurant on property, they should have a stand alone pool, not just a landing pool for slides that can only be used as a pool for 3 hours a day

The bed

Wedding anniversary

No safe box in the room or mini fridge

The breakfast was excellent had everything that anyone would like and the comfort of our room was superb, the king bed and pillows had us sleeping thru the night.

The staff was friendly and helpful.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

My only complaint is about the bed. It was too soft, and we woke up in pain both mornings of our stay.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I was very impressed! The location, the showers, the look of the rooms... all were also good.

I would definitely go back again

Could have been more room in the area where the breakfast was located. Plenty of seating but the breakfast area was crowded and seemed difficult to move around

Comfortable bed, big shower stall and excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: 30 April 2017

We enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend this hotel. Both the room and staff were excellent

There was a big selection for breakfast but not really our style. Maybe be a little less of a selection and more quality would be a good idea.

Very friendly staff and helpful. The room was very comfortable and had a nice view. No noise outside the room gave us a great rest having travelled so far on the day.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

Great friendly place to stay for all ages!

We didn't have a cart to get all our bags to the car at check out.

The breakfast was very good. The view from our room was nice. The beds were super comfortable. The cleaning people were excellent. All the staff were very friendly. The atmosphere was warm and comfortable. The water slides were clean and very fun for the kids. The location was convenient to all the activities we planned for. I plan to stay again!

Good hotel
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was really bad, not enough choices, when the food finished it took so long to bring more out. The table were so dirty no one to clean.

The water slide and the staff were so kind. The movie night for kids were really good.

Great stay as always

The maintenance guy had no idea how to turn on the hot tub... But if that's the worst thing that happened all weekend, then life can't be that bad... but it would have been nice

clean and comfortable, as always

Room was awsum plenty of room for the all the kids and myself. Will definately come again.
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

I was a little disappointed with no bacon and no sausage at buffet that was my treat. Hot tub was a little iffy could of been cleaner.

I brought my grandchildren there for a fun night they loved it.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

Second stay but unlikely a rh
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Bed sucked and it hurt our backs. Ice machine had garbage in drain part for our entire stay. One of the clean bin towels at pool had feces on it. One of the pool monitors was too strict. The other 2 were fine. Breakfast on the second morning was missing tge mini muffins and fruit for over 15 minutes. I had to ask for more to get the guy to bring it out. We will probably not stay here again. I say probably because the water slides are good.

Water slides, conveniant location, free breakfast.

• Reviewed: 19 March 2017

Room was modern, clean;
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The only issue we had was the children in the room over ours were noisy but not enough to be too bothersome.

Room was modern, clean; bed was comfortable. Love that coffee is available as well as hot chocolate throughout the day/evening. It's great that the water park and breakfast is included in the price of the room.

• Reviewed: 5 March 2017

Weekend Getaway with family

I have no complaints.

We had an excellent time!The room was great,very clean,comfy bed. Breakfast was delicious.Staff was superb!Highly recommend and look forward to coming back.

• Reviewed: 28 February 2017

Our room wasn't ready upon arrival so they upgraded us...

Very noisy! Also our bed sheet wasn't big enough for our bed and kept slipping off at night...gross!

Our room wasn't ready upon arrival so they upgraded us to get us a room that was super nice of them.

• Reviewed: 26 February 2017

Great place to stay!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Could use more hooks, etc in bathroom for wet towels/bathing suits, etc. but not a big deal! The only thing we didn't really care for was the bottom of the pools (particularly the smaller pool) was overly rough - we all scraped ourselves at least once. Seems kind of dangerous. Wonder if there is some other non-skid option that wouldn't be so dangerous and uncomfortable, possibly some type of fix-it when they close the pool in a few weeks for maintenance? Overall loved the place though!!

Very comfortable bed and blankets Very nice place Loved our room Love the waterpark Great hot breakfast Staff were very friendly and accomodating

• Reviewed: 12 January 2017

Amazing staff!

Only thing that would keep me from coming back is children up late unsupervised in the main lobby/breakfast area. Running around and very loud.

Amazing staff!! From the minute we walked in the front desk staff, our room attendant, breakfast staff were all outstanding and went way above and beyond.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2016

Great hotel!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Breakfast could be better with more options of bread and fruits. They don't havea a regular pool, only the slides and the hot tube. So, it is kind of complicated to be with family as kids aren't allowed in the hot tube and nobody can stay at the slide zone pool.

Spacious room, staff great! Kids loved the extra activity (cupcake decoration). Close to everything!

• Reviewed: 30 September 2016

Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff.

The pool could have been warmer. The temperature made it very difficult for our infant to enjoy herself.

Lovely hotel, very friendly and helpful staff.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2016

Suite was excellent and offered a lot of space at a very...
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Location is good but still requires car transport to get to most local attractions.

Suite was excellent and offered a lot of space at a very reasonable price.

• Reviewed: 24 September 2016

It was sorta okay.
    • King Room with Tub - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Our room didn't get cleaned the second day.the pillows are horrible.i ask the desk why our room didn't get cleaned while we were out.all they could say is when would it be convenient for you they had all morning.lot noises at 12:30 am 1:00 am doors slamming.might not stay there again.

Breakfasts were good the pool was good.people were helpful.

• Reviewed: 18 September 2016

Excellent pet-friendly hotel in the beautiful White Mountains
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - Pet Friendly

The water park is good for families, but there is no pool for just for swimming.

Breakfast was very good, and the bed was extremely comfortable. We brought our dog, and the staff was very friendly with her; they even gave her treats! Loved the pet policy, especially the fact that no extra fee was required.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

Make sure to request house keeping first thing in the morning!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

House keeping is outsourced, and they leave after 4 pm! One day, we came back to room at around 2 pm as our little ones needed to nap and the room was untouched. We requested house cleaning later and then they let us know for that house keeping left for the day and the room would not be cleaned. For the money I spent per night, I expected to at least sleep in the nice cleaned room. I have never had this kind of experience before.

Spacious room. Staff are nice and not overly involved with guests. Good size pool, especially for little kids.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2016

Will definitly return!
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

The hotel staff was amazing- even taking the time to learn my daughters name and addressing her each time they saw her. They really cared about our experience!

• Reviewed: 26 July 2016

Comfortable and convenient!

I would have liked an outside pool. If not a pool someplace to sit and relax outside. The water park was very heavily chlorinated and there were no lounges to sit in.

The room was very clean and the bed was extra comfortable. Breakfast was very good. Nice selection!

• Reviewed: 22 July 2016

Bring your own pillow
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Eggs were like rubber! Sheets didn't fit the king size bed. Pull out was very uncomfortable. Pillows were horrible!

location was great ... Somewhat quite. Staff was awesome... Everyone of them had smiles and seemed to enjoy their positions.

Overall it is fine.
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

The housekeeping leaves much to be desired.

Overall it is fine.

Barking dog near my room in AM

Barking dog near my room in AM

Nice room, location in relation to outlet shopping,...

Nice room, location in relation to outlet shopping, breakfast area, staff

Courtney at the front desk!
    • Queen Studio with Sofa Bed - Non-Smoking

Courtney at the front desk! Rude & appeared bothered by our questions/requests.

Get away with the Grandkids
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

Location, and plenty things around

place was ok alot of children for the water park smell of clorine was at times to much staff great

to many kids the smell of clorine

Staff was very nice

April vacation getaway
    • King Studio - Non-Smoking

Could use some more chairs around the pool.

Great location, great breakfast. Got my money’s worth and then some.