Reviews of Hampton Inn & Suites Omaha-Downtown 3 stars

1212 Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68102, USA

#4 of 67 hotels in Omaha

This Hampton Inn is what to expect when you stay at their hotels.

I missed breakfast ☹️. I slept so well that I did not get up before the breakfast was over, that is probably not a bad thing for some but Hampton Inn always has a consistent quality breakfast.

I enjoyed the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the staff, very dedicated and willing to help. The room was perfect my daughter and I were able to accomplish what we had to do. The Ethernet connection in the room was a big plus to getting my work done.

The overall stay was great!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Giving the rooms extra trash bags would be a plus... especially parents with kids! The front desk was accommodating and gave us some.

The overall stay was great!

Overall great experience!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Limited parking, making people pay $8 per night and not have a space to park when we returned from going downtown. One of the ladies had to park across the street. $8 may not be a lot but waist of money when there isn't enough space and we had at least two cars per each room and we reserved 2. There should be some sort of system that caps how many passes can be sold, just to be aware of the parking spaces allotted.

The double queen Studio was spacious and perfect for the bachelorette, bridal party and some friends and family to spend time prior to going out Downtown Omaha.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great hotel! My new, first pick hotel for Omaha!

There is seriously nothing I didn’t like

Most hotels I’ve been to have a theme color. Because of the color of the logo on the hotel I was expecting a tacky red theme (red floors, red walls, red comforters, red shades, etc.), this hotel had a lovely white, and dark wood color theme which made me feel right at home. I loved the layout of the rooms and I loved the fancy can lighting fixtures that made me feel like I was in Beyoncé’s mansion!

Great hotel, great stay!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Our room is near a busy road-- a little noisy.

Simply stated- we had a great stay at the Hampton. The hotel was clean, the service was great, and everything was very comfortable.

Nice stay before an early wake up to the airport.

I mistakenly assumed that since the two adjacent properties didn't charge to park that this hotel wouldn't either but they did.

Clean hotel, great location.

Nice but very loud.

They placed us in a ground level room facing the stadiums. The highway was extremely loud and required us both to wear earplugs. Even then we both could still hear the very loud traffic.

Very clean, nice rooms and friendly staff, breakfast options were pretty good as well.

Good location and good service.

Room had thin walls. Noisy hallway with doors slamming and conversations from nearby room.

Hotel in good location near convention center and helpful friendly staff. Shuttle service from airport and to nearby establishments a big plus!

Not happy

Didnt honor a coupon that I was told they would then when I got home I had two charges from them only giving 15% off instead of 50% that I was to get with coupon from the last stay i wasnt satisfied.

Clean and nice breakfast

Love the Omaha Hampton
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Understand that AFTER we left, would start charging daily parking fee.Why? Just raise the room rate a bit...

The staff made us feel like "Long lost" family! Large room. Shuttle to and from event. GREAT breakfast!

Would stay again!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pillows were not supportive, too squishy. Pool water was cold the first two days, better on Thursday.

The suite was perfect sized, with comfy furniture.

Omaha city and this hotel were a very positive surprise... a well kept secret in hospitality.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

some of the info in the rooms could have been fresher.. i like hotels that sanitize channel changers especially during flu season. This one did not. Lobby was noisy at night.

Nice rooms but questionable payment and parking policies.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Parking is limited. Staff is rather inefficient — one gave us numerous parking passes, but when we asked another for a parking pass for one of our other party who arrived later, we were told we could only have one pass per room. I asked for my room charges to be put on a card different from the one I used to reserve the room. However, all charges were put on the wrong card. I was asked if I wanted a printed copy of invoice or emailed. I said emailed. I did not receive it. Just called and requested it again, but was told that since I booked through Booking.com, I could not get it. That is untrue as I have booked through Booking.com on numerous occasions and in many locations worldwide and always have received a full invoice. I want to be certain my other card was not also charged.

Very spacious rooms. Well lit and clean. Staff were friendly.

Great property, very clean and close enough to the airport
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access

Initially, the front desk employee could not locate our reservation I made through booking.com because the confirmation number I received and what they had on file did not match up, not the fault of the property.

Fireplace in the lobby, coffee was great.

Great.
    • King Room - Disability Access Roll-In Shower

Couch pull out bed didn't have much bedding. We requested more bedding from the front office and got a thin blanket. A thick blanket would have been nice for the cold night and for the two people using the couch pull out bed. The fire alarm went off early in the morning which disrupted our stay (I don't think there was actually a fire), but at least we know the fire alarm works, so thats great! We also got back to our hotel within an hour to go back to sleep. Thanks!

Very clean, nice bathroom, enough lighting, spacious room. Main King bed very comfortable.

Middle of the night fire alarm ruined stay

I didn't like the middle of the night fire alarm and the staff's dismissive attitude about it.

The location was the only good thing about this stay.

Relaxing and pleasurable :)

Was all good

Very spacious room, clean and well decorated. Couldn't fault the hotel but hope they get their recycling bins in the breakfast area sorted, it was the only hotel with paper plates and cups that could be recycled on the whole of our trip :) Best breakfast too.

More hassel than it's worth!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I booked two rooms and the day of they said they only had one room for me. Then they tried charging me for the rooms again even though I paid in full at the time of booking. The staff were ultimately helpful in that we resolved the issue but they were unfriendly and unapologetic even though it was their fault! I would not recommend booking with them again.

The rooms were larger than I expected - but you cannot really call this downtown. Thankfully they have a shuttle to downtown proper.

So-So nights stay...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I was disappointed in this property. The room was not as clean as I would have liked for it to be and there was a broken scones in the bathroom (it did not really matter, the light worked, it just looked tacky). They had a free shuttle which we took to the downtown to eat dinner. We were instructed to call when we were done to call for pick up. We called 3x and it took 45 minutes to be picked up. When I mentioned it to the front desk they said it was a miss understanding, and said they would give us our room for 1/2 price for our inconvenience, which I thought was fair. The next morning when I checked out, I explained the situation to the front desk person, and they at first said "there was nothing they could do because we booked through booking.com" (I'm also a hilton honors member). Thankfully the night front desk person had already taken care of it! It was the last night of our trip, and it was too bad it had to end this way.

The room was comfortable.

The room was very clean and spacious.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I do not feel as though we were treated with respect by the staff. I was extremely disappointed with the customer service.

The room was very clean and spacious.

They had oatmeal, some places do not.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I booked the room for $109 per night and the bill is $184 per night. I am not happy.

They had oatmeal, some places do not. I am on a no sugar diet because of blood sugar problems.

Pleasant stay in Omaha

Our initial greeting with Spenser in registration was friendly and extremely helpful - giving us a choice of rooms and filling our request for one closer to the elevator. We planned to visit 3 sites in Omaha and Hampton was located close to everything we planned to visit. Best part was the complimentary shuttle that took us to museums and Old Market - we never used our car once we arrived in Omaha! Our room was clean and even close to the elevator it wasn't noisy. All the staff were friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was good with a decent choice of items, parking was free and the pool was busy with families when we checked it out - we just never found time to dip our toes in. All in all I would recommend Hampton Inn while visiting Omaha.

I did not use it, but they do offer shuttle service to...

The front desk was understaffed, a new trainee with no supervisor. I was put into a handicapped accessible room -- NOT REQUESTED, with no comment or notice to me the guest. Then I was told, "we are out of the type of room you booked except for handicapped". The person checking in ahead of me was told, we are out of the type of room you requested, I could put you on the top floor, in a suite. When I checked in, no, just sent to a handicapped room instead. When I requested to be moved, those are NOT comfortable for non handicapped people, then he could find another room for me. Not sure why the conversation could not have occurred without tracking all our family luggage up and down. I requested my Hilton account be added to my reservation, guy pretended to do so, took the information, looked at stuff on his computer, but in checking online he did not. I asked the next day, same person, pretended that he had no idea what I was talking about, but he could do it then if I wanted to wait. The parking is roped off when returning in the evening, that is not explained so driving around trying to find a way onto the parking lot. There is not enough parking for the guests. The water in the lobby is empty and had only ice, was not refilled, some were offered bottled water, others asked to wait and it will be refilled in a little while. Breakfast food was not appetizing, the eggs were cooked then ham added and shredded cheese not melted, just mixed in, not inviting.

I did not use it, but they do offer shuttle service to anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. Good for a trip to Creighton or a game or concert at the venue across the street.

Clean property!

Clean property! Professional and kind staff. The rooms were great! I really liked that they gave you complimentary shampoo, conditioner, lotion, etc. coffee maker in the room. The pool and hot tub were great! Location was awesome. Will definitely be back!

It was awesome! Had a great time!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The bathroom didn't have a fan. The fridge didn't get very cold.

The pool, hot tub and workout room were awesome! Breakfast was good, coffee ok. The staff was always so friendly and helpful. Loved the shuttle!!

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Excellent location for Creighton.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The breakfast food was good. The bathroom was spacious. The room itself was adequate for the 3 of us. The staff was extremely helpful any courteous.

There were signs on the floor our room saying ICE &...

There were signs on the floor our room saying ICE & Vending but no vending machines were any where to be found. Its inconvenient to walk down to the lobby if you want a late night snack or drink if you did not bring your own things. When you do go to the lobby and get something out of their snack area it would of been easier for me to drive to a convenient store to grab some things the pricing was ridiculous .

The hotel was clean and the bed was very comfortable!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I'm frustrated because I kept being told that my debit card was being used to hold the room, that it would not be charged. We were wanting to pay with cash. I was told that it was no big deal. Our card got charged twice. The first time was a few weeks before our trip. I got that refunded then at check in my card got charged again, when I was told I could pay cash at checkout. It's just frustrating and inconvenient.

The hotel was clean and the bed was very comfortable! We had a suite room and it was very spacious!

Enjoyed the hotel, but our reservation was lost
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

There was a miscommunication between Booking.com and Hampton Inn and we ended up not having a reservation for the first night. After traveling to our destination, that was the most frustrating news to receive and, while it all worked out, I'm disappointed that no one took responsibility for the error and the Hampton Inn did not honor the booking.com price for the reservation that was supposedly lost by one of the parties. I hesitate to use Booking.com or Hampton Inn again just based on this significant error.

The hotel was clean and the beds were comfortable. The pool area was well-maintained and clean, and was a perfect accommodation for our children.

Wonderful play to stay!

The poor gals working in the breakfast area couldn't keep up with the amount of people trying to eat. Lots of food and drinks were empty. They were running around trying to replace things but could not keep up. The hotel may want to have another person working this area.

Excellent staff! Updated with very clean rooms!

Unaccommodating
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I was traveling with my family including my 91 year old grandmother. She's 91 so it's difficult for her to get into regular hotel beds which is why I reserved and guaranteed credit card payment for a room with a sleeper couch to pull out making it easier for her to get into. However when we got to the Hampton Inn they gave us a regular room without the lower bed. I asked if they could give us the room I reserved because of the situation but they were unhelpful and didn't have any other rooms too offer. Since there was nothing they could do we made the room work but with difficulty. The next morning when checking out I brought up our situation with the host and she was unapologetic and blamed booking.com for the error.

Excellent rooms and the staff were awesome!

Very comfortable rooms. I have asthma and the air quality was excellent!! The bathroom was pretty clean too. We were here fror a wedding and not used to staying in a expensive hotel ( usually spend $70-$80 on a hotel) but we think the value-air quality, great beds, and clean bathrooms was worth it.

Overall very satisfied
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Beds could be more comfortable.

Continental breakfast was better than most. They have a shuttle that runs 24hrs and will take u and pick u up wherever u want to go.

Excellent hotel for the price
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Bed was a bit springy and bouncy for me.

Really nice hotel for the price. Complimentary breakfast was really good! Complimentary parking was also nice.

Top notch

Everything was above and beyond what you could expect from a nice hotel. Besides parking was a very small issue and the pool was packed to enjoy it on a weekend. Really really nice staff and hotel!

Nice place - I would recommend it.

Some dirty towels were left in our room and it didn't look like the sink was cleaned completely. The biggest issue for me is that I reserved the room for $159 base price on booking.com but was charged $169 by the hotel.

Very comfortable bed - my girlfriend actually considered asking the staff what kind of mattress is used on the bed.

Very pleasant stay, with clean rooms & nice location. Breakfast was good.

We reserved a King bed, but when we got there at 3:00, they said there was not one available yet. They offered a Studio room with 2 beds, but if we wanted the King room we'd have to come back at 4:00. So we left and went back about 4:10. The lady rememberd us, promptly checked us in & gave us our room keys. When we got to the room, it was a two bed studio. My husband went back to front desk, but was told there was not any Kings available. They took $15 off, & we stayed in the two bed studio. Which was actually very very nice, it just did not have a king bed! And it was nice that they offered the small price adjustment. The only other thing is that, it would be nice if they had a lounge or restaurant. But we were in walking distance of some, so it was ok. We would definitely stay there again!

Very clean, friendly staff, close to venue where we were going for a concert.

Worth it.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

You needed more than 1 shuttle working on a holiday weekend Sunday...when we could get one any other time it was never more than a 5-7 minute wait tho.

Comfy beds, shuttle service drivers were talkative and knowledgeable, staff very friendly, breakfast was delicious...definitely would recommend!

Don't believe you can cancel any room reservations

Parking and waiting on TD ameritrade to empty out Saturday night to get into hotel parking lot! How my credit card was charged immediately after going through booking.com when I was told I would pay at hotel . No response from hotel after all this happened to my email. At check in gal didn't say we could park in lot adjacent for home wood suites if not enough room in Hampton lot. Why so many diamond elite spaces? Why would you put us in a handicap room and then why would you make a handicap room so far from elevator? And no chair in room except desk chair.

Fitness room and oatmeal

Looking forward to long week end in Omaha and will stay at Hampton.

Thanks for upgrade to Suite. Made use feel Royal. Staff and Shuttle Driver went out of their way to extend hospitality. Good local site suggestions. #1 Omaha Fireworks Display and watched from parking lot.

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

Friendly staff and amazing shuttle.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

We booked a double queen room which would fit my family and they gave us a king due to booking through a third party they said does not guaruntee type. It did not meet our needs for staying as a family.

Friendly staff and amazing shuttle.

Reservation not as expected.
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

I had to sleep on the floor. The hotel was not accommodating and didn't really care about my concern. Even when I phoned them in April they assured me that a cot would be available however when we checked in there was no cot in the room. Totally disappointing,

The room was beautiful and very very nice BUT Booking.com listed it as sleeping 3 people which made me think it was a suite. When we got there it was a King bed only. I contacted booking.com and they said that 3 people could sleep in a king bed. Really? That was very deceiving. When I contacted the hotel about it they told me they would have a cot setup in the room but they did not and there were none available. I contacted them in April of the issue and they assured me a cot would be setup in the room. I was staying with my 14 year old grandson and was not about to sleep in the same bed. A beautiful room but deceived by they setup.

We would definitely stay here again!!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

There was only one bar of soap out by the sink. It would have been nice to have one in the bathroom as well.

The room was really big and so VERY clean! The entire property was well-kept. The pool was clean and warm. Also, the shuttle driver was very friendly and courteous. This place was a great value, perfectly located and easy to drive to. Would definitely stay here again!

• Reviewed: 8 June 2017

One of the best!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

There isn't one thing I didn't like about the property.

The shuttle service was very convenient. Also, the complimentary breakfast was delicious! Most of all staff were AMAZING!

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

Positive and Enjoyable Experience at Great Value - Highly Recommended

No Negatives

Very Clean, Large Well Appointed Room, Friendly and Helpful Staff. Great Atmosphere. Management and Staff truly care about the guest experience. Great Value. Convenient Shuttle Service whenever I needed it.

• Reviewed: 20 May 2017

Lived up to the expectations of a Hampton Inn
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Too cold in the breakfast room Maybe something wrong with the AC

The way we were treated with respect and courtesy We had an accessible room which was wonderful spacious and all that we needed

Perfect location for graduation and for the price.

The location was perfect and in walking distance of the Event center where we attended graduation. They offer a full breakfast, with protein, and was very good. The staff was super friendly and helpful from the front desk reception to the breakfast servers to the housekeeping . The bed was super comfortable and the thermostat worked well which isn't so common in hotels. Overall great stay.

• Reviewed: 28 April 2017

Great Location and Friendly Staff
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

I wish, wish, wish the hotel had a restaurant or at the very least a bar. The free breakfast buffet was nice and adequate for a quick morning bite to eat, but when we came back from our day-long and evening events, we really would love to have been able to sit some place comfortable and have a cocktail and dinner without having to go off-premises and blocks away to get it. That's the only unfortunate shortcoming of this hotel.

I met friends from California at the Hampton Inn as we were all attending the International Equestrian World Cup at the Center. This hotel was a perfect location for our needs. We could walk to the event center, only a few blocks to a beautiful tree-lined street of restaurants and shops, just minutes by shuttle from the airport. Perfect. And the shuttle service provided by the hotel was fabulous. The drivers were so courteous and willing to drive us anywhere we wanted to go. I would definitely stay here again.

• Reviewed: 20 April 2017

Great family hotel!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

The pool was a wonderful temperature and very clean. The breakfast was complete and had ample food. The exercise room was very clean and had a lot of different equipment.

Pretty good!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The coffee was not good. When our room was cleaned they left a bag of trash in our room with the dirty diapers in it so I had to track down a housekeeper to take the garbage. There was no towels in the pool area when we came down on Sunday morning but they came right away when I called the front desk.

Breakfast was okay, typical buffet. Room was fairly comfortable. We were in walking distance to restaurants even with two toddlers.

Walking distance to concert

Out toilet apon arrival was clogged, had someone come unclog it. Said house keeping would be in to clean it, never showed up.

Walking distance to concert

• Reviewed: 10 March 2017

Friendly staff and convenient location
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Everyone was so friendly and they allowed early check in, for which made it convenient as we came into town with three little kids. Location was great!

• Reviewed: 29 January 2017

Worst hotel stay ever. I want my money back

The first room didn't have a working refrigerator. I called and they upgraded the room. The next room had very dirty glasses. The next day they refused to clean my room. I called around 3pm they said someone would be up by 6pm. I called at 7pm they said the cleaning people had gone home and unfortunately there was nothing they could do.

Location was excellent

• Reviewed: 25 January 2017

Accessible room review
    • King Room - Disability Access Roll-In Shower

Room with roll in shower was on the 3rd floor. How can a person, who cannot use stairs, evacuate the motel when use of elevators is not allowed? Poor choice of floor in accessible bathroom. It was slippery when not wet. Bananas were green! Why is fruit of such poor quality purchased?

Accessible room was spacious allowing easy mobility for one using a power chair. Sandy in breakfast area was extremely helpful!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Nice ambiance, comfortable room and bed, clean and bright...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Very noisy - needs soundproofing. Cleaning staff a bit too aggressive - 1st knock on the door 8am, then 9am, 9:30 and again at 9:45. Perhaps they might have asked when we plan to vacate the room?

Nice ambiance, comfortable room and bed, clean and bright hallways.

• Reviewed: 22 December 2016

The staff was extremely friendly and knew the area well.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

If it had been free it would have been so much better. Seriously would stay there again.

The staff was extremely friendly and knew the area well. Nice property very clean and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 1 November 2016

May be a great facility, but....
    • King Room - Disability Access/Non-Smoking

We were unable to fly that weekend due to illness and requested a credit for future use. We have yet to hear from "the Manager" via return phone call regarding this issue.

People were polite on the phone but were unable to answer questions

• Reviewed: 13 October 2016

Adequate stay. Could have been better with quiet room location.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I specifically asked for a quiet room. It was not. Right on a busy street. I hesitated to ask for a move as my wife had just had surgery that a.m. and moving around was not an option.

typical Hampton breakfast. Pretty good. Staff at desk were pleasant, efficient.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

Nice, clean motel!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

I believe the price is a little high for 1 night. We did share the cost which made it affordable. However, most times you are there for a wedding or family & have already spent a lot of money.

The location is great. Far enough away but close enough to The Old Market.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2016

The king size bed and pillows were amazing but the best part...

That the ice machine on the third floor was usually out of ice.

The king size bed and pillows were amazing but the best part was how quite the whole hotel was. I didn't even know we had neighbors until our last night and that's only because I saw one couple leave their room and heard the man sneeze, really loudly. We didn't even hear the people above us!

Location, price

Location, price

It was close to the zoo.

Did not have an outdoor pool.

It was close to the zoo.

it was ok

staff not nice

Location, close to Century Link Center, within easy walking...

Can’t think of anything

Location, close to Century Link Center, within easy walking distance of Old Market area.

It was a convenient location and comfortable room.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

A little expensive due to the Berkshire Hathaway Annual meeting!

Friendly desk and breakfast staff!

Prefer a better selection at breakfast- such as biscuits and...
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Prefer a better selection at breakfast- such as biscuits and gravy.

Would stay again

Nice clean and quiet

The front desk staff was very friendly.
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The noise outside during the baseball game and traffic were noisy.

The front desk staff was very friendly.

There isn't enough parking places, was my only...
    • King Room - Non-Smoking - High Floor

There isn't enough parking places, was my only complaint.

Clean.

Parking is tight.

Clean. Friendly staff.

We had a great time and we'll be back!
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

The staff was super friendly and professional. Breakfast was hot and delicious with plenty of options! Beds were comfy. We'll stay again!

Great place
    • Non-Smoking Double Queen Room

Parking was a little awkward

Easy access to the venue we needed

Awesome place

Nice room. Nice they have a shuttle the tickets to her concert and came and got us excellent excellent excellent

Enjoyable

Hot tub was small,

Pool. Rooms.

Enjoyable
    • Queen Room with Two Queen Beds - Hearing Disability Access

Chilly pool. Staff could have been a little more knowledgeable and helpful.

Clean. Good price. Late pool hours.