Reviews of Hampton Inn and Suites San Antonio Airport 3 stars

8902 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio, TX 78216, USA

#116 of 301 hotels in San Antonio

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Our stay was ruined by the pool. We were specifically seeking a hotel with a pool, as it was the highlight of our 2 day “getaway”. Myself and my 3 children had a terrible reaction to the stronger than usual chemicals in the pool as well as the lack of ventilation in the pool room. This caused us to spend both nights and entire first day in bed for the entire stay. We were all 4 suffering from swollen & red eyes, deep persistent coughs, and unrelenting sneezing. I brought it to the front desk’s attention and they advised me that hey would have someone test the chemical levels. Nothing more was mentioned or offered.

The staff was beyond incredible in every possible way. Every single employee stopped to say hello and was genuinely kind.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool was over chlorinated. Cleaning staff came at 9:00 to try to clean and I told her we would be leaving at checkout time. She came back at 10:30 again when we were trying to get ready. And then mouthed off when we told her.

breakfast was basic but good hotel for an early doors flight

Everything you need and a good location to the airport. Reception suggested eating at the 4 points opposite. Great recommendation, food good value and staff very freindly.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Excellent stay breakfast was always fresh loved the change up on the new meals everyday there was always a different option never same meal. Room was excellent very comfortable bed and staff was very friendly. Only thing was a downfall was no refrigerator but I asked an they brought one straight to room without delay. Only few rooms have a kinettete. Indoor pool was awesome my kids enjoyed it very much! Will stay again!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

We were supposed to get a wake up call at 4 am for an early flight. When we mentioned this to staff while checking out she asked if the phone in our room worked. How would we know that if we never used it. On shuttle to airport other travelers mentioned not getting their wake up call. Luckily we didn’t depend on that call. Why offer the service and not follow through?

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would need some update, very noisy aircon, breakfast from disposable plates and cups, expensive for the quality.

Good bed, ok basic breakfast (incl. yummy omelet). Not far from the airport and shopping opportunities. Nice and helpful personnel.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Parking was a little hard to come about. With 3 children, parking close to the building was a necessity; that was not always an option due to minimal parking.

Staff was friendly and willing to help at a moment's notice. Breakfast was exceptionally great.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

There was five in my party so we asked for a double queen room. I expected to have a large room with room to move around. Not the case. The room was very small. There was no refrigerator in the room, so if you need one, make sure to ask for a room with one. In the middle of my stay, we left the beds pulled down expecting to have the sheets changed. The cleaning staff did clean the room, but they did not change the sheets. When I called the desk about it, they offered me sheets so I could change them myself. The breakfast was mediocre and bland.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. Right off the bat I had to extend my stay and it was not an issue, however one of the boxes did not get checked so the staff were expecting me to check out on my original date. Did not take much to fix this. The beds felt amazing!!

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn’t like that all rooms don’t come with frig & microwave.

I loved the free shuttle, especially the driver, Esteban. All the staff was great! I also enjoyed the hot tub & Indoor pool.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

I did NOT like the popcorn ceiling and the turn down service could be better; making sure that all items are disposed of that are indeed rubbish.

The room was very spacious and a very comfortable bed and seating. There was a good amount of natural light. The breakfast was delightful with plenty of selections to start the day off right.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Pool was closed and we were not informed at the front desk we found out by a sign on the wall in the elevator they did offer shuttle to another sister property but it should have been known

Nice room size. Friendly staff

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

When we arrived the person that checked me in was fine, but the lady there when I went to ask about the pool seemed really short like she didn't like her job and didn't want to be there. The pool area was fine other than the clorox smell was WAY to strong for me. In the room I thought it was really weird to have cofee in the restroom and no small fridge to keep any drinks or anything cool. And last the water from the shower made me feel like rubbery and sticky... basiclly I didn't like how the water from shower felt.

Bed was comfortable room was cool. There was no noise to complain about. Had good night sleep.

We had 2 rooms reserved and the 2 queen suite AC unit was not working. They sent a man to fix it right away and was a simple fix of just hitting a reset button. Can tell this is an older property with several updates for technology. The King room did not have a microwave or refrigerator which was odd because we have the same set up in Corpus and both rooms have the microwave and fridge.

Even though this was considered at the airport it was very quiet, except for the excited children running up and down the hall (expected). The continental breakfast was very good. The gravy for the biscuits was very runny but overall very good with lots of selections. Overall this was a very comfortable hotel with very friendly staff.

Over the weekend, there were so many people at breakfast that you could hardly find any food or a clean place to sit.

Gluten free choices included eggs, oatmeal and fresh fruit.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Nothing bad about this place

I like the fact that the pool is inside and the staff were so great thanks for the staff being good with my son it was a good stay

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Double Room with Two Double Beds - Disability Access

What we didn't lik was the fact that mini fridge was dirty with a case of Michelobe Light beer and food in a Styrofoam container. We don't drink. So we took it to yhe front desk. There was hair on top of the fridge so it had not been cleaned made us wonder about the cleanliness of the rest of the room. That was really nasty! The staff came and cleaned room when we requested.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when we need them. The location was great

• Reviewed: 17 May 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The location of the hotel was brilliant. The staff were warm and welcoming. The hotel itself was an older Hampton Inn, so I felt it could have used a facelift like new carpet and new paint. But, the beds were comfortable and the rooms were nice sized and that's really all that matters. The breakfast was really good.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

The AC/heater kept turning off and on sporadically.

The price was great for the area and location near the airport was convenient, especially since the shuttle driver was new and late getting us to the airport. The staff was very helpful in suggesting places to eat and drink.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

I didn't like that the shuttle was running late. I was promised that the shuttle would be available to take me to the airport at a specific time. It wasn't at hotel as promised and I had to rely on Uber to get me to the airport on time.

I liked that it was located near the airport. I liked the friendliness of the staff. I appreciated the clean room and the availability of toiletries. I really am impressed with availability of breakfast.

The room was in very poor condition, the carpet was coming up off the floor, the tile in the bathroom was cracked and coming up all over, the air conditions unit was sitting on 2x4's (unfinished) and blowing either freezing or hot humid air, the walls were gross, the shower looked like it was 100 years old, and never cleaned...just a poor experience overall, and makes me wonder if they don't have "rooms for online booking places" that are the rooms they can't sell to Anyone else at full price. Even paying 99$ was a ripoff. Much rather would have slept in my car...

Cheap, that's all.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

First room air con not working, moved to second room early morning shower to discover no bath towels, returned to room late afternoon to discover it had not been serviced?

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

House keeping came once, left trash, towels in the floor. Bed was dirty and blankets had a couple of stains. Water would not stay hot, housekeeping took our new Dove soap and I guess threw it away. Just didny enjoy our stay.

• Reviewed: 25 March 2017

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Only one package of regular coffee with the coffee maker...same in two stays at this location. The expanded electrical plugs are difficult to use and plugs from computer, etc. do not stay in.

• Reviewed: 31 January 2017

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Pool needs a bathroom, kids was not monitored by parents. Noise can be heard in room (people walking above you, running down halls, talking)

Location was good and it having an indoor pool and complementry breakfast.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Breakfast was over packed with people no place to sit . I also noticed in our room where the towels go was very dusty. The afternoon front desk staff could of been a little more friendly. He seemed to up tight. Like our presence bothered him. Went to the pool and the girls swam but it was just to much chlorine in it my daughter and husband faces were burnt from it, it looked like they had been out in the sun all day and had a sun burn.

Good breakfast I liked the extended hours on it. Also the check out till noon is awesome not a morning person, so that helped.

• Reviewed: 20 December 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

The guy checking us in was fast prompt and extremely helpful. I came in with my three children where were very upset due to canceled flights and sitting in a airport all day. I had to use the rest room from my 2 hour drive and he had me booked in before i came out.. thatbis service . Hell o go to much higher end places and spend twice as much and take three times longer

• Reviewed: 28 November 2016

Property is in need of renovation. No fridge in the King room. This may not be unusual to some, but it was not what we expected.

Staff was great, friendly and accomodating.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

I booked 2 rooms for 5 adults and 3 kids. I even mentioned same while making booking. Firstly, I requested both the rooms to be nearby, they declined any change. Secondly, there for only one king bed in both the rooms. When I asked additional bed, they mentioned that booking.com did not request for additional bed and they cannot provide as none are available now. I felt they treated me differently because I did not booked hotel directly. I asked them to provide at least additional pillow and blanket. They did not provide on first request. I have to request again later around midnight to get it. One of the room I booked A/C did was not working and which got fixed around 1 am. Very bad and disappointing experience.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Room was located near elevator, very noisy as we could hear people talking, laughing, etc, in the hallway. Second night I stuffed a towel under door and hand towels around the door frame. It made it much quieter. Also, the indoor pool had way too much chlorine which burned our eyes.

Breakfast was good.

• Reviewed: 17 July 2016

The arctic blast air conditioner aimed at the bed froze us when it ran and it makes a lot of noise. Not much sleep for us. Breakfast is lame (but included in room price).

Coffee in lobby is better than expected.

• Reviewed: 14 July 2016

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Nothing stood out as significant.

Location being near airport and close to event we were attending was wonderful. Also the convenience of nearby restaurants and all-purpose shopping i.e. Walmart saved a great deal of time. Also like a breakfast being offered. Staff we encountered was always courteous and helpful.

• Reviewed: 13 July 2016

• King Study - Non-Smoking

My family and I don't have any complaints.

The beds were extra comfortable. My family also enjoyed the nice free breakfast. My husband and I had a great stay.

• Reviewed: 6 July 2016

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

Rrefrigerator didn't work...when plugged in loud..too much light comes in windows at night early morning.At check out the price was incorrect. .probably still is.. charged more than supposed to.

Coffee in lobby good.

• Reviewed: 28 June 2016

Can't think of anything.

The staff was excellent and enjoyed the breakfast. Loved the bed, a/c was alittle loud and the toilet seat was broken (we choose not to report till checkout). Loved the shuttle service, it was so nice not worrying about driving.

Parking was limited

Nice place to stop for the night.

Everything was wonderful

Clean and inviting place

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Staff very nice, room was big and very clean. Kids loved the pool.

• King Room with Bath Tub - Non-Smoking

It stated there would be a refrigerator and upon arrival there was none.

The bed was literally dream like, pillows were amazing. Great room!

Price

It should have a little bit more parking near the entrance.

It was peaceful,and clean.

Too much sound transmission through the walls and ceiling. I could clearly hear the person next door sneezing.

The fruit at breakfast was fresh!

• King Study - Non-Smoking

the room was clean and quiet

bathroom could be nicer

beds were very comfortable

Nada

Excellent staff from Sophie at the front desk to Vic, the shuttle driver. Great breakfast! Comfy beds and good-sized rooms.

Parking

Needs Extra parking had to park in the street

• King Study - Non-Smoking

The room didn't have a refrigerator but a with quick call to the front desk, they sent one up. I couldn't have been happier.

• Queen Studio with Sofa Bed

Very Clean. Staff was exceptional.

• King Studio with Sofa Bed

We were so far down the hall

Just about everything

Everthing was great

It was clean , welcoming and easy access

Security

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Had to do an over night trip. Convenient location. Staff friendly. Good breakfast. Would stay again.

• King Study - Non-Smoking

Facility had no extra pillow

Breakfast was good

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

Would have liked a mini fridge and microwave but I used the microwave in the breakfast area instead.

Covienient location

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

That the bottled water the front desk had was only available for certain customers.

Bed was very comfortable.

• Queen Room - Non-Smoking

No fridge nor microwave in room

Everything was great